Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leomar

Real Name Leomar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname djkruxx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.chillblain.net
Signed On Sep 19, 2003, 14:38
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 18643

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > German The Settlers II: Next Generation - Wikinger Ships
2. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2007, 05:45 djkruxx

Yes, the Expansion called "Wikinger" (Vikings) has been released.
In addition: "next" is "nächste" in german, the hat above a vocal is not a common expression.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: PC vs. consoles Dec 16, 2003, 21:34 djkruxx

The biggest advantage I see currently PC games having over consoles is the mod community. This extends the shelf life of PC games considerably (witness Half Life, RtCW Enemy Territotory, and the more-recent Unreal2 with XMP release). And there are quite a few other games where the developers release tools to the community (I have played LOADS of RPG/adventure scenarios for Warcraft 3). This is something that consoles cannot emulate, not easily
anyways.

The biggest advantage I see currently PC games having over consoles is the community. PC games offer more than just gaming, it results websites like bluesnews, LAN action, things you won't recognize if you only play console games.

L.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 21:35.

11. Re: Retail game sales Dec 16, 2003, 12:22 djkruxx

I hope they don't shift over to selling PC games via a "push" content system or buy and download type thing. That sort of system works fine for smaller programs (antivirus, for example) but bigger things like games just present too many problems, IMO.

As a former cs-player I checked out the new Valve-Steam-System, for that it works via "buy and download". It was a desaster, the software crashed every other run, the download capacity was a joke, a.s.o. IMO games like "SWG" or "WoW" will be the future of PC-games, because you have to pay if you want to play and it is a 100% PC game.

L.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 12:23.

50. Re: 9800 Dec 16, 2003, 10:18 djkruxx

...Find one great one and stick with her...

An old french philosopher said:"Cherche la femme."(search for the woman), when someone asked him about the sense of life.

L.

41. Re: 9800 Dec 15, 2003, 20:41 djkruxx

No no no no no...I just started xmas shopping at lunch today!
If it was the 21st you would still have plenty of time. How many people do you have to shop for? I shop for one person, my wife takes care of the rest.

Bronco, hope the one person is your wife, hmm

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 20:42.

64. Re: radeon 9800 Dec 15, 2003, 08:59 djkruxx

I'll check out what you haved posted, thank you so far. Unfortunately ATI's support concerning the 9800 doesn't satisfy

49. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2003, 20:36 djkruxx

nexus, lucky our heart, I just can't find its reboot button, runs a little better than a PC-system.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 20:37.

46. radeon 9800 Dec 14, 2003, 19:44 djkruxx

Hi.
Some guys here just bought the same peace of hardware and told me about serious problems runnig the 9800, with new winxp system, newest software and so on. Perhaps someone know a good website, not this "plug it here, plug it there" stuff, answering faqs about getting started with the radeon gfxcard.

thx, Leomar

e:these motd-yoyo-kids are huge!

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 19:54.

3. No subject Sep 20, 2003, 12:31 djkruxx

Thanks for making my world a little more blue.

573. Re: it's all a matter of perspective Sep 19, 2003, 10:58 djkruxx

stock is right, reading this offtopic post is the first time in years, I think about creating an account. Done.
Best wishes.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo