Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3568 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2012, 23:48 Acleacius

Enahs wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 22:26:
Pretty much every state checks for those "house hold chemicals" and pharmaceuticals, etc, in the water supply; before processing (in the lakes and water reserves, etc).
Ahh, didn't know..could have sworn they only test for lead, arsenic and ...(doh, a third I'm drawing a blank atm). Any idea where I can get the measurements for Texas in regards to fertilizer, pharmaceuticals, and household chemicals?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2012, 23:36 Acleacius

Enahs wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 22:24:
Science if full of approximations and limitations. I am a scientists. I do not believe the earth is flat. But, over a small enough range, for piratical purposes the earth can be treated as flat. We make simplifications all the time in science.

I have no real point here, I am just saying; I can say the earth is flat and depending on my perspective and application I am correct within acceptable tolerance.
I would suggest there's a big difference between what you and I are talking about.

I'll guess it could help do equations or statistical analysis. However I bet you don't avoid traveling on vehicles, boats, trains or any other standard form of transportation because you fear falling off the earth. More to the point a flat earther is still deluded because of their belief system based of fear and ignorance, not based on knowledge or statistical facts as a scientist.

Most everyone has believe something dumb, wrong or false (no one's born with knowledge/facts, afaik). Yet when someone believes something without a single shred of creditable evidence and all evidence proves it false, then it becomes a neurosis.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2012, 22:03 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 20:53:
Heh. Well, I think this is just explaining one possible reason why lower IQ people might be racist. Racism aside, I think that conservative dogma, with its simpler, less changing message is perhaps more appealing to folks seeking a simple message to explain the world... An example on the liberal side is the belief that vaccines cause autism, which is still widely held, despite not only being widely disproven in study after study, but the original study which claimed it was shown to have falsified data.
Maybe... but I would never call it conservatism, as it would seem like an insult to great (not claiming without flaw anymore than I would a great liberal) conservatives like General Eisenhower.

I'm gonna disagree on the cognitive dissonance and go with delusion. If a person believes the earth is flat, makes all his decisions based on this and raises his childeren under these mental abuses. It most often causes harm to them and those around them, it's not just some difference of opinion. The very definition, believes something that is factually provably false. It can range from being dangerous to being benign such as a an superstition. There are tons of examples, most talking points as are coded words are intended to delude.

In regards to autism and liberals, I've never heard it classified as such. I have seen many conservatives, who believe this as well. Aamof I have tried to point out to many people who fear flu shots because of mercury, it was removed from vaccines back in 1999 (iirc). The funny versions are hearing people say they got the full flu after getting the shot. As if they can measure when and if they get an airborne or by touch virus. As if they were put in a bubble after getting the shot, no restaurant, grocery store, movies...nothing.

Edit: Me personally, I blame the toxic water (water standards in the US don't test for house hold chemicals or pharmaceuticals), toxic air and food supply (most meats, cheeses and milks are full of steroid and antibiotics).

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2012, 18:38 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 16:54:
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked

Yet another study that confirms what we've known all along.
Saw that on Live Science, but didn't send to Blue, since it might be too polarizing. It goes a long way to explaining why you can never have a factual discussion, with these folks.

Speaking of political.
MegaUpload indictment strikingly similar to Napster rhetoric, but this time DOJ does the dirty work.

News Comments > Origin Expanding
25. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 17:00 Acleacius

Heard a report ea or origin is *forcefully taking admin rights* to open ports you might have closed off due to security reasons. So if any of you guys monitor your ports keep an eye on them. I don't have origin installed so I can't check. Port Tunneler?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC
8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 23:38 Acleacius

They must be going for the gow crowd. They've been sniffing cliffy's low rent butt, for low quality designs for years.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 21, 2012, 00:04 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 22:00:
Article should be titled "5 things I'd like in a Fallout MMO even though they're all terribly obvious except number one which is just really, really stupid."
Your giving him too much credit for number one.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues
5. Re: PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues Jan 20, 2012, 23:18 Acleacius

remedy drove off a cliff and we're all out of parachutes.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
42. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 16:43 Acleacius

I'm shocked people still buy their games.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
17. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 20, 2012, 00:22 Acleacius

Hey I linked the MAX-FX Tools and PowerRAS in a thread I started on Steam. This lets you make mods or extract the RAS files like Music.ras allowing you to play them, with your favorite player.

I was using a mod, but wanted the Crosshair fix mod as well but you can only pick one mod aat. So I extracted the Crosshair.mpm into the install folder, with directory structure intact.

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
17. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 19, 2012, 08:56 Acleacius

InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 06:07:
How the hell will multiplayer work in this game?? It will either be brilliant, or a hell of a clusterfuck.
If your an old school shooter gamer, not sure how brilliant is even a possibility.

The whole premise of ME 2 game play afaik, was to retard your aiming to an unplayable amount while standing or moving. Broken aiming and accuracy unless you were hiding behind bullshit cover (forced cover). bioeaware has clearly supports the *pathetic game play designs* of the guy who ruined the Unreal franchise.

Still haven't installed origin and won't for this, I'm out.

11. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 07:28 Acleacius

I'm surprised there is still a good list of mods for Max Payne. Especially considering FileFront went out of business. Iirc it was saved by some fans and renamed to GameFront.

I remember liking Ultimate5 but it's been about 4 years since I played. Damn, I'll have to install and play again now, too.

News Comments > Out of the Black
24. Re: Out of the Black Jan 19, 2012, 00:20 Acleacius

In relation to how fakenews and many of the major networks have tried to portray Anit SOPA/PIPA and Occupy Movement. I reverted back to the turning point of how/when protest became a power to stop a war.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young - Ohio (Studio Version)

As a cover song but it has the best film footage.

In addition I found the link publishing the order to "fire", which had apparently never been heard by the public.

KSU Rare Audio Recording from May 4th 1970 - 12:24pm

News Comments > Out of the Black
20. Re: Out of the Black Jan 18, 2012, 23:19 Acleacius

Out of the Black and into the Blue.  

5. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 23:13 Acleacius

I'm a huge Max Payne fan and who doesn't want another great game to play. Aamof I was the first to find the True Ending to Max Payne 2 on the official forums. Though I'm pretty sure rockstar will butcher the lore of .,.

SERIOUSLY DO NOT LOOK AT THIS SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED Max Payne 2 on "Dead On Arrival" mode, SERIOUSLY.

Mona being alive.

I'm just bring up a point, though Jerykk's point is actually more important and prescient. My fear is, no matter how good or bad rockstar does, PC gamers will get jacked. rockstar gives about two shits, for the tens of millions of PC gamers.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2012, 01:53.

1. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 20:40 Acleacius

I looked at a list of their games, has rockstar ever made a critically praised shooter (besides RDR which I'm not sure counts since it's critical praise from consoles only)?

Hell do they even have a lead designer working for them, who has WORKED on a critically praised shooter?

58. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2012, 20:06 Acleacius

Omg, he's back in blue!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online F2P Begins
19. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 05:29 Acleacius

It looks much more like the LotRO, than the EQ2 F2P launch disaster and a good thing, imo.

Features Matrix

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2012, 06:17.

13. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 01:10 Acleacius

Is there a Blues server (if I can ever get logged in)?

I sent a email to PWE Customer Support, at least I got a conformation email on that!

7. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 17, 2012, 23:14 Acleacius

Cabezone wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 22:10:
Errr....there is no email. When using the free version you just log in, there's no code.
That's not how it worked for me, the message I got was "we sent you a confirmation email".

I even tried to log in with my new account but it said "doesn't exist". Besides they have to have an registered account/email because like all f2p you can BUY things. Lastly, if you were able to just "log in" you already had an account, I didn't.

3568 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo