Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3567 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > NA AION Going Free-to-Play
8. Re: NA AION Going Free-to-Play Feb 22, 2012, 03:15 Acleacius

It looked promising, but no pve is a fail.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2012, 04:10.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Mass Effect 3 DRM
17. Re: On Mass Effect 3 DRM Feb 17, 2012, 23:11 Acleacius

Don't think I'm alone in this, they need to let people buy the game, register it with an origin account, but NOT install origin software. It's not worth using multiplayer to have origin installed, but I would eventually like to play ME3.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Obsidian Considering a Kickstart
51. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 14, 2012, 20:45 Acleacius

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:15:
Jerykk wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 01:24:
As for Alpha Protocol, I'm really not seeing why people think it's so buggy. Compared to the other games you and I have mentioned, it was relatively polished. It also had the best implementation of choice & consequence I've ever seen, in addition to a genuinely engaging conversation system where you actually have to pay attention to what the NPC is saying.
I just wanted to chime in to agree whole-heartedly with this assessment of Alpha Protocol. It had some bugs, but nothing terrible. I loved it though, and played through it three times in a row. Give me more of that!
Count me in too, Alpha Protocol was amazing and would defiantly play AP 2.

The 'dialog wit consequence' possibilities were insane. I have never payed attention to Achievements until I played AP, they actually had real effects as did the bonuses from love/hate. That's right folks you even got bonuses if a team member hated you.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Feb 14, 2012, 10:25 Acleacius

Sounds like an amazing RPG.

Think the delay was due to changing/upgrading the engine for better graphics.

News Comments > Obsidian Considering a Kickstart
47. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 14, 2012, 09:39 Acleacius

I din't care which type you make but it better be funny Avellone or were coming for your caps key, then let's see you try to shout!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2012, 17:41 Acleacius

Great video and song, no ads here either Cutter, try Adblock plus. You can set it to list ads on your favorite sites through so you can support them.

Actually just got a reply on how to setup a script in NoScript to allow only some sites, with google-analytics. It's the one that sites use to count visits, but otherwise it's a pretty intrusive script. I'm trying to get it to only allow Blue's and a couple others. it's a pain to have to enable it for your favorite sites, then disable when you leave.

Btw anyone still playing SWtOR installing atm, thought maybe I could get a sever reference?

Got it for $37 from Amazon, so didn't need origin. It felt DAMN good to not have to check that nasty ass origin install, for those bastages at ea. Middlefinger

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3
26. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3 Feb 13, 2012, 12:01 Acleacius

Too bad this series has been infected with console rot and virally transmitted ea disease.  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Won't Let True Crime Die
6. Re: Sleeping Dogs Won't Let True Crime Die Feb 8, 2012, 13:31 Acleacius

Damn, expensive film for game, must be a AAA title?

Great title Blue!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Feb 7, 2012, 16:17 Acleacius

WyldKat wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 15:31:
I'd be interested if this game had CoOp, oh well. I swore that it did have CoOp when they showed it off at E3 last year...
This is ea, which means if Coop exists they pulled it, so they sell it separately as dlc or addon content.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
25. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 15:43 Acleacius

Better late than never, on the CK!

I'm pretty happy atm with the fan made texture packs, so I'll need to see some screens first.

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Live
7. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 11:58 Acleacius

So is this some other service we are FORCED to run to play a game?  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Press Beta
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Press Beta Feb 7, 2012, 07:58 Acleacius

Really looking forward to gw2 and have high hopes.  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
54. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 6, 2012, 08:34 Acleacius

I'd be happier if they fixed the damn consolized crappy UI.

They had to release the textures of the vanilla version, to drive up console sales. Just another bullshit trick they use to make consoles seem like a bigger market.

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
56. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 4, 2012, 05:13 Acleacius

This is nuts, developers get away with these blatantly false claims. Here's Metacritic of 77. Yes that's the professional reviews, because these guys had virtually no media promotion for the game. Certainly nothing on the scale of a AAA title. Couldn't possibly be no one had heard of them or this game. Rolleyes

Average score and no professional media campaign, so what does frazier do, blame PC gamers. Clown.

Oh look they made another average game. Not that I take xlm or cvg as difinitive, mostly just to rub frazier's face in the husky wee wee.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2012, 05:19.

News Comments > EA Vancouver Layoffs
2. Re: EA Vancouver Layoffs Feb 4, 2012, 03:47 Acleacius

Yeah, they sure made this layoff statement look all flowery. Notice they didn't say how many total were going to be laid off. All so they can avoid the backlash, they deserve.  

News Comments > Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award
27. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 4, 2012, 00:22 Acleacius

He must intentionally let people think (or lead them to believe?) he had a lot to do with System Shock. He was an outside producer, which is pretty far removed from game design. Iirc, even if you want to check inside the game, he's near "Salt the Fries".

Thief The Dark Project, Wtf? special thanks, no involvement with design listed. NONE, nadda, not even, doesn't include, not there.

Here's hoping one day the proper developers get credit for the games warren is wrongfully credited for by players.

Hey, wouldn't it be funny if Game Developers' Award gives him credit for games he DIDN'T design.

26. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 3, 2012, 23:52 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 17:35:
I think Warren deserves just a bit more credit than Deus Ex....
Just a bit...

Edit: And yeah, that doesn't even include his PnP stuff. So yeah, bow down and kiss his arse!
Your including games he gets special thanks for, the same thing family, wives, girlfriends, dogs and cats get? Dark Messiah is one such example and on System Shock he was Outside Producer only (check the credits before flaming).

Edit: I'm guessing this came from his own page or something becasue it seems to be a lot of fluff. Another example on The Stygian Abyss he was the one of four manual editors.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2012, 00:20.

12. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 3, 2012, 14:33 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 11:48:
I agree the award is well deserved, even if he was a giant jackhole for Ex Deus: IW and lied out his ass about it the whole time.

Creston
QFT!

News Comments > Star Trek Online Turns Two
10. Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two Feb 3, 2012, 01:21 Acleacius

Surprised they didn't try a Diplomacy track, such as Vanguard.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC Feb 2, 2012, 15:00 Acleacius

Nobody said the acting or the plot was great. The reason they had to do it like this is because the game is based on a book series. Not to spoil anything but in the book one of the four, was injured and never really went out to accomplish the tasks to get off the island.

Oh yeah, you really need to play this SP first, before jumping into a Coop game. Just for the mere fact it gives you a feel of the game play and locations. Coop is just the frosting on the cake, well imo.

3567 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo