Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3718 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 10:47 Acleacius

ea loves their fans!!!! Love2 Mwahaha  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
71. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 22:29 Acleacius

Redmask wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 22:25:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 22:16:
Fine, if what you say is true give me example of it happening. A 'relativity close' situation close to this scenario. Where someone wrote an article or made a Youtube accurately portraying exploitation of women in books or movies. Of course if your serious, you will be able to come of with an example of it happening to a male.

You're asking me to provide an example identical to this situation to reinforce your argument? Why would I ever do that? I didn't say 'every single youtube personality gets death threats', I said public figures get the brunt of crazy peoples bullshit and I do not think its fair to claim it somehow reaffirms anything she has said about other topics.

It's almost as if your just minimizing rape and death threats, as self justification of exploitation.

Exploitation of who? What are you even talking about? If you want to believe its possible that we can create a world where public facing figures can not have crazy people on the internet say crazy shit to them then you're deluded. The relatively anonymous and open nature of the internet precludes that from happening.
Only because you said it was so common, for people to deal with threats. I've never seen or heard of anything like these rape and death threats forcing an innocent girl to flee her home.

It almost sounds like exploitation of Sarkeesian, since she innocent of any crime to say she should expect rape and death threats, because she made a video about gaming history.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > etc.
68. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 22:23 Acleacius

Redmask wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 22:11:
You can read the determination about the speaking engagement here.

I don't know about leaving her home but she wanted extra security precautions, got them but still refused despite investigations determining there was no credible threat at USU. Someone (I'm assuming her) called the FBI who seem to think its very similar to previous threats which to me suggests an individual fixated on her rather than some organized group of misogynistic gamers.

It really sucks that being a public figure means you have to deal with that kind of shit but as most would tell you, it comes with the territory. That's why many people choose organizations to communicate.
The speaking engagement just happened within the last 2 days, iirc. The FBI and her local police are the ones who advised her to leave her home months ago, due to creditable threats. Her leaving her home has nothing to do with this current engagement threat. Thanks anyway for the link.

News Comments > etc.
67. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 22:19 Acleacius

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:28:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:20:
I'm calling bullshit, completely disingenuous for you 3 guys to say "you would give a talk/speech/discussion" with armed participants. Hahaha_no

Especially without mentioning the part about she is under real and present danger from rape and death threats. Threats the police and FBI have deemed valid enough for her to be forced to leave her home.
When I was a teenager, I had someone stalk me. I learned then not to give into the fear of "what if" otherwise it would rule me. People who make threats or stalk do it for one of two reasons, to shut you up, or to make you live in fear.

Oh and she left on her own, not because someone told her to.
Your also saying there's some info, the police and FBI didn't believe all the threats she has been getting for the last several months were creditable and she left her home without any advise from the authorities? Sure hope you share those links.

News Comments > etc.
66. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 22:16 Acleacius

Redmask wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:13:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 20:46:
Sarkeesian didn't do anything other than accurately list the history, of how mostly male dominated development studios, from at least the 1990s portray females in games. The problem seems to be with the males who live by ego, who can't handle the idea of women as equals in humanity. Now I'm not suggesting any of you guys are those type of guys, but sometimes we all forget what happens within a mob mentality.

What are you doing? No, just no. This is much more simple. Trying to somehow paint this as affirmation of her beliefs is not only wrong headed but irresponsible. If you want to be a public figure, you have to deal with crazy people. If she doesn't want to deal with it then she should back out of the public eye. You should read about some of the shit actors have been through and most of them are just playing characters in entertainment.

If you have issues every time some dingdong on the internet opens his mouth and you need to play 'i dont feel safe!' card then perhaps you aren't cut out for it. My brother lectures on boring ass psychology academia and he's had people send him weird shit.
It's almost as if your just minimizing rape and death threats, as self justification of exploitation.

Fine, if what you say is true give me example of it happening. A 'relativity close' situation close to this scenario. Where someone wrote an article or made a Youtube accurately portraying exploitation of women in books or movies. Of course if your serious, you will be able to come of with an example of it happening to a male.

News Comments > etc.
64. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 22:06 Acleacius

NKD wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:07:
I'm calling bullshit, completely disingenuous for you 3 guys to say "you would give a talk/speech/discussion" with armed participants. Hahaha_no

Especially without mentioning the part about she is under real and present danger from rape and death threats. Threats the police and FBI have deemed valid enough for her to be forced to leave her home.

She wasn't forced to leave her home. She chose to leave her home. The police or FBI didn't tell her to leave, nor did they ever state they felt the threats were credible. Public figures get threats all the time. If they left their home every time they got one, they'd be in permanent seclusion and would have to cancel their entire life. She needs to get over it if she's going to be in the public space. There will always be weirdos sending nasty threats and other shit.
Your saying the police and FBI don't advise people to leave their homes if there is a credible threat. Your belief is astonishing. Where can I read this info, she chose instead of being advised and the threats were not credible?

News Comments > etc.
57. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 20:46 Acleacius

DV wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:57:

Since I'm one of the "3" I'll answer you. A honest and fair question was asked and I answered it honestly. I didn't feel the need to mention the "threats" since it wasn't asked in the original question. R.I.F Acleacius, it's fundamental.

As for the the second part of your post. My answer would still be a "Yes I would". It's called courage of convictions which she seems to have neither.
The difference is you seem to be using the threat of real danger as some kind of badge of honor for yourself to prove your conviction, courage and righteousness. While simultaneously seemingly using it to attack her, as a measure of her lack of validity as a human being. Who in reality has a right to fear for her life and the possibly her child and husband living without their mother/wife. Surely you wouldn't use this method to measure your own wife, daughter, mother or sister, their validity in humanity.

Sarkeesian didn't do anything other than accurately list the history, of how mostly male dominated development studios, from at least the 1990s portray females in games. The problem seems to be with the males who live by ego, who can't handle the idea of women as equals in humanity. Now I'm not suggesting any of you guys are those type of guys, but sometimes we all forget what happens within a mob mentality.

News Comments > etc.
51. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 19:28 Acleacius

Seventyfive wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:55:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 11:41:
BitWraith wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 10:14:
In case you don't know the way breitbart and foxnews work. Not really fair and balanced

Yea i hate the way they dig up the stuff other people wish would stay buried. Exposed: The Secret Mailing List of the Gaming Journalism
Exactly my point, they are using it to attack a female developer, not the male journalist and completely independently funded study's female author. No massagony there, right? Thanks for making my point. Salute

Love your whole conspiracy 'stuff other people wish would stay buried'. Sounds like something from the tabloid who reported about the UFO who stole Madonna's baby.

News Comments > etc.
50. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 19:20 Acleacius

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 16:15 Acleacius

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 14:59:
Uh, did you read that? Nowhere does it say it was a hoax. And Anita said from the start that she canceled it due to concerns about the University security.
Beat me too it!

Fion wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 14:58:
The bat shit crazy people have unfortunately completely turned the meaning of 'gamergate' on its head. That said Anita Sarkeesian has only worsened the issue with her lies and extremely biased videos that are filled with lies and half-truths. The latest 'death threat' stunt only makes things worse.
I'm still not seeing the whole blame Sarkeesian thing. When you use the plural form, you saying there are more than 2 verifiable lies you can name?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 11:41 Acleacius

BitWraith wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 10:14:
I was under the impression GamerGate was about Quinn sleeping with journalists, and journalistic integrity overall? Did I miss something? When did it become about feminism?
If that's true, why the attack against Sarkeesian? She funded herself with Kickstarter and not industry money. How is it possible to be any more ethical. Secondly a minor detail, Quinn isn't a journalist, yet she is being attacked. Once again false flag, why aren't they attacking the male journalist if what they say is true. So the contradiction is even in your question, in case you didn't realize it.

In case you don't know the way breitbart and foxnews work. Not really fair and balanced, but using psyops against people who aren't able to distinguish between fact and delusion. (For the record a delusion is a belief, provably false i.e. a flat-earther.)

Milo Yiannopoulos has been up front, rallying the troops of #GamerGate and even helping them select the inevitably young, female targets for harassment. He also works for Breitbart, an organization whose hostility towards ethical journalism is legendary.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 20:23 Acleacius

Yes, keep us updated!

Looking forward to this, it will be great to see some outdoor levels.

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
31. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 20:10 Acleacius

Layer wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 18:32:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 17:49:
Galaxy sounds great, not so sure about AvP though. I really don't like adding games to my list, unless I really like them. At least on GOG, you can Hide games, something I can't seem to do on Steam.

If you right-click your game in Steam, select Set Categories. Then check the box labeled 'Hide this game in My Library'.
Thanks

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
25. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 17:49 Acleacius

Galaxy sounds great, not so sure about AvP though. I really don't like adding games to my list, unless I really like them. At least on GOG, you can Hide games, something I can't seem to do on Steam.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Oct 10, 2014, 21:16 Acleacius

Excited here too, though since the developer is unknown to me, not sure what price point I will buy it.

Zombies (like them or not) are the perfect enemy. No Political, religious, social, racial or gender special interest group has any legitimate negative psychological affect evaluation or classification profile. Zombie Mwahaha

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 17:02 Acleacius

No Trust!

Larger game sizes are from larger textures, cutscenes, music and voice as Creston mentions.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
18. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 11:08 Acleacius

Looking forward to protesting another shitty console designed game by not playing, pre-ordering or buying.  

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
18. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 20:39 Acleacius

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:41:
Origin is a part of EA and EA is a part of my shit list so even when they do this, there's no way I'll bite. They could have a box of kittens included and I still wouldn't budge.

It baffles my friends who don't understand my zero EA stance and every time they get pissed off with them, they'll get mad, say they've sworn off EA but immediately fold like a house of damp cards when a carrot gets dangled in front of them. It's like an abusive relationship.
Same here, won't join origin or buy ea games new/retail prices.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 25, 2014, 18:00 Acleacius

I missed the 344.11 drivers, thanks!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2014, 12:00 Acleacius

Necrophob wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:31:
SlimRam wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:03:
  • Activision is making a Duck Dynasty game.

• FINALLY! NOW I have a reason to buy a console again!

Do they think their target audience for this game has a XBONE/PS4 can read? Hmmm...
    Fixed!

3718 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo