Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3540 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
33. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 17:21 Acleacius

Customer wise, they are cutting their own throat. It boggles the mind at how epically ****** SOE can be, at least half their customers use 32 bit OS. Only a minority computer professionals and gamers use 64 bit.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2014, 17:30.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 11:27 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 11:09:
Am I the only one for who today's OOTB blurb is the same as yesterday's?
Today is yesterday and yesterday is today, who am I ?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
18. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 16:07 Acleacius

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:30:
Acleacius, what's the aversion to a controller? How do you play racing games on a keyboard? Twin-stick shooters? Fighting games?

If you don't play any of those, then just say "there are genres that I refuse to play", dont blame a game on being designed around a specific controller. I switch between m/kb and controller, depending on what suits the game better. Sometimes in the same game, mostly open world games.

The controls aren't poorly designed, your CHOICE of input is poorly suited. There's a difference. Don't cry about losing the indy500 when all you brought was a speedboat.
Lmao, indy500, do I have to chew tobacco and use a controller? Cowboy

There are lots of games with poorly designed M&K controls, they are called bad ports. Racing games?..I haven't played many Racing games per say...driving games on the other hand, no problem at all. WTH are Twin-stick shooters?

I don't get your point here, can't think of any genres I exclude specifically...well except any game 'only' on console. Of course I don't play every game, mostly RPGs which inherently take 2 to 3 times longer, than other games. On the console, none...nor any game that requires a controller. I play games, where friends use controllers and I will use my M&K. My Trackman, might be considered cheating from a regular mouse. The only physical movement is the thumb, no wrist, elbow or forearm locomotion required.

There are games I would like to play, such as RDR or TLoU. There's no way I would go out and buy a console to do it. To each his own, but I refuse to financially support m$'s corruption, of game development. Since about 2000, they've dumped more than 9 billion making console exclusives. Paying off designers, forcing them to undercut development time by at least 1/3. Since then almost all the shovelware to AAA titles pushed out in broken, buggy and incomplete, can be laid at their feet. m$ has even admitted they did it, so don't pretend it didn't happen. Hahaha_no

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
2. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 09:27 Acleacius

Best of luck, it sounded like a great story and premise, dragged down by crappy console gameplay design.

What I read, you need a controller to play otherwise get ready to be frustrated. Since I don't use a controller ... ever, there's no way I'm paying more than $5 or $10 bucks for poorly designed controls. There's a enough frustration in the world, without paying someone to frustrate me.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison
17. Re: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison Jan 30, 2014, 14:10 Acleacius

I'm not a graphics guru by any stretch, but it looks like to me they are just bleeding color into bloom. You can see it's not more detailed, by looking at the necklace, just color bleed (bloom bleed?).

Too bad it's designed for consoles first, it was a very good game, but would have been great at PC first title.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 29, 2014, 22:11 Acleacius

There anyway to make GOG, notify when a game is on sale? This Time Machine sale is near impossible.

Thanks

News Comments > PC GTA5 Preorders This Week?
18. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 21:34 Acleacius

I'll wait a bit, the online Coop is all that would interest me.  

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
18. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:43 Acleacius

What a waste. Paperbag  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
16. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 11:10 Acleacius

söderlund and smeadly should be locked in a room together so they can share their eternal love for themselves, forever.  

News Comments > Funcom's Finances Investigated
1. Re: Funcom's Finances Investigated Jan 29, 2014, 11:04 Acleacius

Gaia save us, Økokrim has been infiltrated by the Filth!
Flamethrower

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Patch & Sale
9. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Patch & Sale Jan 29, 2014, 00:03 Acleacius

jimnms wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 19:32:
The first LAN party my friends and I ever setup was to play Duke Nukem 3D. Setting up a network in DOS was a bitch. If I remember, Duke3D only supported up to 4 players, and it was just death match. We tried to do our own 2v2 team DM, but we kept killing each other because everyone was different colors.
Serial cables, with a Termination Resistor for the win! Pimp

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two Trailer
1. Re: BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two Trailer Jan 28, 2014, 12:48 Acleacius

Wow, they actually filled Rapture with helium and floated that sucker into the bright blue sky!

News Comments > SOE's SWG Comment Clarified
5. Re: SOE's SWG Comment Clarified Jan 28, 2014, 12:29 Acleacius

How many people fell for his BS, again?  

News Comments > SOE Boss: Next Game "Dedicated" to Star Wars Galaxies Fans
26. Re: SOE Boss: Next Game Jan 27, 2014, 07:39 Acleacius

Sleep wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 19:14:
Wildone wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 17:19:
Every-single-person-here-will buy it

Yup and the people hating the loudest will pre-order. Tis the waay of things.
It's much more likely that kind of blindness is what keeps cycle of failures continuing.

Unless there is some earth-shattering change, like starting over completely to eliminate the WoW. There is no way in hell I'm touching EQ Next. Much less a complete BS, PR announcement about a SWG-like game, from a fraud like smeadly. Who is trying to distract from the shitstorm he created, with the decision to close down servers.

What kind of effing idiot starts a F2P EQ2 sever, then charges full monthly $15 but still limits access. This while the at least 10 other successful F2P are making multitudes more cash, by giving full access, with a fluff cash shop.

News Comments > SOE Boss: Next Game "Dedicated" to Star Wars Galaxies Fans
21. Re: SOE Boss: Next Game Jan 26, 2014, 23:24 Acleacius

he's a stand up guy, everyone's best friend, when he wants to rip you off.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 20:02 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 18:09:
....Man I would love to be in Vegas right now instead of this Blizzard Warning in Minnesota. Car says naught F right now and the wind is 20-30mph right now. iish.....
Get some extra long johns, looks like you guys are going to -40 wind chill! Shocked

News Comments > SOE Closing Four MMOGs
26. Re: SOE Closing Four MMOGs Jan 26, 2014, 18:26 Acleacius

Talisorn wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 02:43:
What ... in anything that you quoted above ... said that WoW was innovative. All it said was that there was little in Vanguard that was innovative. And he's right; only thing that Vanguard did that was innovative was the diplomacy system.

Where Vanguard fell over was that IT DIDN'T WORK. It was barely Beta when it was released. I so wanted to like that game, but it failed on every single front. Nothing worked.
Where in there did I say "he said"? The point/irony/snark was, about the idea he brings up WoW, while talking about innovation. Hahaha_no

I agree with you, hell I would even go as far to say, it was probably Alpha at release. Your clearly wrong about the Diplomacy being the only innovation. You sound like you played it at release, then quit soon after. You seem completely unaware many things were fixed like DIPLOMACY and a lot of other shit. At least they got it to beta state. Highfive

Not only at an Alpha state, more so what's obvious to anyone who plays mmogs and pays attention to actual innovation, what was intended and could have been fixed, least of which would have been sea battles. This proves that it wasn't just McQuaid, but soe's incompetence and has a huge amount of responsibility. The same guys who did EQ designed Vanguard, but got their funding cutoff. Despite McQuaid's personal problems it looks like soe saw Vanguard was going to crush EQ2 if it ever got finished, so they killed funding. The game had to be released in that condition or be lost FOREVER.

Just think of all the designs WoW would have not been able to steal. Zombie

Now that does hit the mark. Blizzard aren't about innovation. They are about taking the ideas that other people put up, polishing them to a fine shine and then putting those features into WoW. And it works for them ...

... but if you're going to look honestly at the history of MMOs, there is little that is truly revolutionary. Each MMO is merely an evolution of the next. They throw in the occasional new feature, but really there hasn't been a truly innovative MMO is many, many years. EQ may have been the last one.

But one thing I don't get is all this bitching and moaning about WoW. So ... it's still the biggest on the block. So what? Games that continually try to compete with WoW will get nowhere. They fail because they themselves try to shape up to the biggest kid in the schoolyard. So far the two games that I know that have deliberately TRIED not to compare themselves to WoW and just do their own thing has been EVE and GW2 ( ... well EVE doesn't care). And they are doing pretty well.

Time for people to get that WoW chip off their shoulder.

We completely disagree about the lack of innovations since EQ, but we agree about WoW. Personally I think WoW's main achievement was it's socialization of PC gaming. Which I appreciate but I don't want to be charged $15 US per month for it. Yousaidwhat

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen plug

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2014, 13:07 Acleacius

I'll give Banshee a try, hopefully it has some cute chicks!

I typically only watch a show if there is a strong female lead. Orphan Black was really good, it surprised me. I can't believe Tatiana plays 6 or so different characters so convincingly. Extremely well written and acted thriller.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 12:48 Acleacius

Election propaganda, they would never stop it. Pretend maybe, then obviously put in a giant loophole.

It's why we need Privacy Advocate who is non partisan, non spook and technical savvy, reviewing all request at the court.

News Comments > Thief Previews; Videos
17. Re: Thief Previews; Videos Jan 25, 2014, 10:58 Acleacius

Please stop talking about DXHR, I have nightmares about the horrid pixelated faces with 8 bit animations! Bawling  

3540 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo