Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3537 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Live
7. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 11:58 Acleacius

So is this some other service we are FORCED to run to play a game?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Press Beta
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Press Beta Feb 7, 2012, 07:58 Acleacius

Really looking forward to gw2 and have high hopes.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
54. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 6, 2012, 08:34 Acleacius

I'd be happier if they fixed the damn consolized crappy UI.

They had to release the textures of the vanilla version, to drive up console sales. Just another bullshit trick they use to make consoles seem like a bigger market.

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
56. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 4, 2012, 05:13 Acleacius

This is nuts, developers get away with these blatantly false claims. Here's Metacritic of 77. Yes that's the professional reviews, because these guys had virtually no media promotion for the game. Certainly nothing on the scale of a AAA title. Couldn't possibly be no one had heard of them or this game. Rolleyes

Average score and no professional media campaign, so what does frazier do, blame PC gamers. Clown.

Oh look they made another average game. Not that I take xlm or cvg as difinitive, mostly just to rub frazier's face in the husky wee wee.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2012, 05:19.

News Comments > EA Vancouver Layoffs
2. Re: EA Vancouver Layoffs Feb 4, 2012, 03:47 Acleacius

Yeah, they sure made this layoff statement look all flowery. Notice they didn't say how many total were going to be laid off. All so they can avoid the backlash, they deserve.  

News Comments > Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award
27. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 4, 2012, 00:22 Acleacius

He must intentionally let people think (or lead them to believe?) he had a lot to do with System Shock. He was an outside producer, which is pretty far removed from game design. Iirc, even if you want to check inside the game, he's near "Salt the Fries".

Thief The Dark Project, Wtf? special thanks, no involvement with design listed. NONE, nadda, not even, doesn't include, not there.

Here's hoping one day the proper developers get credit for the games warren is wrongfully credited for by players.

Hey, wouldn't it be funny if Game Developers' Award gives him credit for games he DIDN'T design.

26. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 3, 2012, 23:52 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 17:35:
I think Warren deserves just a bit more credit than Deus Ex....
Just a bit...

Edit: And yeah, that doesn't even include his PnP stuff. So yeah, bow down and kiss his arse!
Your including games he gets special thanks for, the same thing family, wives, girlfriends, dogs and cats get? Dark Messiah is one such example and on System Shock he was Outside Producer only (check the credits before flaming).

Edit: I'm guessing this came from his own page or something becasue it seems to be a lot of fluff. Another example on The Stygian Abyss he was the one of four manual editors.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2012, 00:20.

12. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 3, 2012, 14:33 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 11:48:
I agree the award is well deserved, even if he was a giant jackhole for Ex Deus: IW and lied out his ass about it the whole time.

Creston
QFT!

News Comments > Star Trek Online Turns Two
10. Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two Feb 3, 2012, 01:21 Acleacius

Surprised they didn't try a Diplomacy track, such as Vanguard.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC Feb 2, 2012, 15:00 Acleacius

Nobody said the acting or the plot was great. The reason they had to do it like this is because the game is based on a book series. Not to spoil anything but in the book one of the four, was injured and never really went out to accomplish the tasks to get off the island.

Oh yeah, you really need to play this SP first, before jumping into a Coop game. Just for the mere fact it gives you a feel of the game play and locations. Coop is just the frosting on the cake, well imo.

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC Feb 2, 2012, 08:35 Acleacius

Unless your playing Dead Island on a console, the console aspect can be removed. This was accomplished through legal modding of the files, within the first two weeks.

The game is extremely fun, when you play with like minded players. Get into a game with like minded players, either ones who like to explore or rush through. Personally, I like trying to do most every quest and exploring.

News Comments > EA Financials
12. Re: EA Financials Feb 1, 2012, 23:45 Acleacius

In regards to origin, remember people were required to activate an account to play any game, SWtOR as well. This doesn't mean all those 9 million bought games.

They probably used calculations numbers pre 1/15 which would have enabled them to have maximum numbers before anyone starts dropping after the free month.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC Feb 1, 2012, 23:33 Acleacius

No interest in this one or the Blood Arena, actually. Fix the game and more Coop, please!  

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
1. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 10:46 Acleacius

Trion Worlds seem willing to work for their fans, more than most I've seen, if not all.  

News Comments > EverQuest Going Free-to-Play
23. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 15:45 Acleacius

wtf_man wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 10:03:
Pretty far. I think they don't even have a dev team anymore. It's on life support, and has been so for a couple years now. Unless they suddenly put some resources in to convert it... it will either stay subscription based, or they will kill it all together, like Matrix Online.

EQ always had a dev team, which is why they were still realeasing expansions... all the way through November of 2011. So, there was resources available to be able to convert it.
At first I couldn't figure out why they would need a dev team, since new content wouldn't really be necessary. The conversion issue makes sense of it.

Last I heard there were still at least 2 dev team members who work on fixing technical issues, but this easily could have changed. Also when I've logged in most people say since the single server merger grouping is pretty easy. Once again this could have changed.

I guess if it's too much cost to convert, it wouldn't work. Once they get their systems in place, might be more efficient.

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
3. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 11:26 Acleacius

Excellent, the best choice since it has no drm.  

16. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 06:29 Acleacius

How far can Vanguard be behind.  

15. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 06:13 Acleacius

Asmo wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 04:12:
http://www.everquest2.com/news/article?month=122011&id=5068

They are grandfathering in existing toons (ie. toons created prior to F2P) in EQ2 at least, so I'll finally be able to start them back up without paying an exorbitant amount to do so...

Also, they will refund ppl who payed for packs for pre-F2P toons.
Nice find, thanks for the infos.

10. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 03:30 Acleacius

Krovven wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 03:24:
]

Or it could be because you aren't looking very hard.

http://www.soe.com/allaccess/

Thanks for the linkage.

Not directed at you, just soe....
Define hard, I mentioned from looking on the faq, which was linked on this article. How hard should it be for a potential customer?

8. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 02:49 Acleacius

Illumin wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 01:05:
The joys of getting rich in POK casting buffs with my enchanter. Im looking forward to playing again honestly. I went back a few years ago and played but i just didn't have enough time to commit to get 15 dollars worth of game time out of it. I just hope I can use my old toons.
Sadly, it doesn't seem to allow it:
The four free races included with FREE and Silver Memberships are: Human, Erudite, Barbarian and Gnome.

The four free classes included with FREE and Silver Memberships are: Warrior, Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue

This the same crap they are pulling on EQ2, just sucks.

3537 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo