Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3597 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 28, 2012, 14:04 Acleacius

Quite possibly the most catastrophic game design to date, in the history of gaming.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
8. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 14:00 Acleacius

Amazing, this has to be one of the lowest AAA title, User Ratings I've ever seen on Metacritic.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2012, 14:51 Acleacius

Let's hope Techland sees where all their sales and success is coming from, for once make a damn PC based game.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews May 26, 2012, 10:11 Acleacius

The reviewer not only didn't know who made the previous games, but he claims the new Max is way better hero than the first two games. Iirc, the only games Rockstar was making back then was GTA. Oh also, mentions what big fans everyone is around the office. It's all completely contradictory.

Now does it sound like he really even played the first two games? Not to mention, has Rockstar EVER released a game with story as compelling as MP or MP2?

NO, not even close.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 25, 2012, 11:49 Acleacius

Rockstar burst onto the gaming scene with their own title, Max Payne, which relied heavily on bullettime mechanics. The game was so good, it turned 'Max Payne' into a household name
Uh, huh.

Edit: This just gets better and better.
Max is a sad, lonely man who carries a blatant world-weariness, which makes him a rather convincing central character (way more convincing than in earlier games, that's for sure).

This comment was edited on May 25, 2012, 12:02.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines in February 2013
5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines in February 2013 May 21, 2012, 11:58 Acleacius

Yes, would have much preferred Obsidian's RPG.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 20, 2012, 08:44 Acleacius

Hate to seem fatalist but has any game Rockstar has ever released, come close to the atmosphere and compelling story of a Max Payne game?

I hope it's a great game but honestly how can Max Payne be during the daylight, they don't respect the foundations of Noir.

There does seem to be improvements on graphics, shooting and physics. While welcome, not sure any fan would trade the very foundations of the game just to get better graphics and physics.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
34. Re: Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive May 19, 2012, 17:32 Acleacius

Bhruic wrote on May 19, 2012, 17:01:
"Buying them out" only works if they want to sell. You can't forcibly buy out a private company. And if the developers would sell out to EA, they would do so regardless of whether EA is giving them 90 free days.
Absolutely false. Ever heard of hostile takeover, think Bioware was willingly bought out?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
27. Re: Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive May 19, 2012, 16:57 Acleacius

Just going by history it's just another way for ea to get a foot in the door with these independents. So they can look for opportunities to screw them over, i.e. buy them out and get their IPs.  

News Comments > Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots
18. Re: Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots May 18, 2012, 00:37 Acleacius

Haha, upgrades and limited resales in the worst economy in the history of the planet. Brilliant.

LittleMe wrote on May 17, 2012, 22:17:
Remember, the federal reserve dumped hundreds of billions and even trillions of dollars into the economy as 'stimulous,' 'bailouts' and pumped zero percent interest loans to fuel the real estate bubble, and the feds are still doing it to pay for the obscenely expensive warfare/welfare state. All of this devalues our money. This is the reason we are seeing the effects of price inflation.
No, not even close on a single point. There's no way in hell you took civics, economics or even mathematics. Not to mention sociology, since there isn't a single society in known history of the planet, whom has uses or has used your methodologies.

Ever.

News Comments > The Old Republic Free Weekend
3. Re: The Old Republic Free Weekend<br> The <a href= May 15, 2012, 21:04 Acleacius

Yeah, servers are dying. This isn't scientific but I've been playing on one of the more populated servers and low level green armor items are NOT selling anymore. This means there are no longer NEW players buying low level cheap armor, becasue they can't afford blue, purple or orange armors.

I intended to cancel, after 3 months but found they had already charged me for my 4th month. They must be charging 30 to 45 days ahead of my renewal date. Must get this turned off, what else should I expect from ea.

News Comments > Ad Says Guild Wars 2 Next Month
2. Re: Ad Says Guild Wars 2 Next Month May 15, 2012, 20:55 Acleacius

Too bad they didn't get this poster out a couple of weeks ago, it could have had a negative impact on D3 sales. Imo, activison is just such a crap hole publisher much like ea, who's profits need to be drastically cut, to help take away their power to abuse customers.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 12, 2012, 13:44 Acleacius

Industry hack alert!  

News Comments > Risen 2 Patch Adds Dodge
15. Re: Risen 2 Patch Adds Dodge May 10, 2012, 16:38 Acleacius

Slashman wrote on May 10, 2012, 16:10:
Hmmm...I may actually look into buying this now.
You probably should consider Risen, before Risen 2 if you haven't played it already. It's had several patches and mods over the last couple of years, so it's in really good shape.

If this is your first PB game, they can be a little difficult to get the hang of even in the starter areas. At least imo, it's well worth the learning curve, they have the best designed worlds and character development. The NPCs and quests all have more depth than most other RPG developers with the exception of Obsidian, Troika etc...

Just ignore RollinThundr, PB is and has always been essentially an Independent developer. These guys and gals work their asses off, basically working out of a converted house, 16 hours days and often sleeping on the job. I'm hoping they have a regular office now days, since they got away from the evil overlord who tried to steal their IP.

12. Re: Risen 2 Patch Adds Dodge May 10, 2012, 15:37 Acleacius

RollinThundr wrote on May 10, 2012, 11:09:
Oh boo hoo poor PB. No one holds a gun to their head with contract signings, or prevents them from hiring more staff.
I'm glad your here to clarify PB's contracts and budgets. It's good to know your a legal expert on developer and publisher contracts.

3. Re: Risen 2 Patch Adds Dodge May 10, 2012, 10:57 Acleacius

Really looking forward to playing Risen 2 and waited for the patch before playing. I knew they had one in the works and wanted to get the best experience. Despite the small team size they do amazing works, with the environments, objects and loot being hand placed to make each area unique.

Sadly they have never taken advantage of all the community support and volunteers who would help test their games. It's just impossible for such a small team to do all this labor intensive work, with such limited schedules they get.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2012, 10:16 Acleacius

Iirc 16oz of coffee is equal to four 8oz black tea and eight 8oz green tea.  

News Comments > Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc?
30. Re: Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc? May 6, 2012, 19:48 Acleacius

Kajetan wrote on May 6, 2012, 17:10:
Boy, there's some funny fanboy ranting

Normaly, the publisher chooses the DRM, but it's the dev who implements it. Normaly, it's the publishers descision to offer additional DLC and it's the devs job to create and implement it. And normaly, PB is well known for releasing buggy games since Gothic 1.

And seeing this little disaster, everything is the way it should be with games from PB
Did you even read his post, you just got through confirming what I said, then tried to pass it off as a rant? Yeah, they released buggy games, they have been 12-20 man team from about 1998 to 2008 they worked out of a converted house 12-18 hours a day (about as much as you run your mouth apparently) and for the most part are/have been a independent developer.

Yeah I did hear this was pretty buggy and why I was waiting on a patch, I knew Deep Silver would force it out early/buggy. Yet you seem so clueless about publishers pushing titles out, your ignorantly willing to blame the developer. I'm defiantly a fan of PB but I would and do defend any independent in these cases whether or not I'm a fan of the developer.

Essentially your were wrong on every count, good luck next time emo.

27. Re: Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc? May 6, 2012, 19:38 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on May 6, 2012, 16:48:
I'm eagerly awaiting the day when you quit being a cocksucking apologist. Oh wait... you like the taste of cocks too much don'tcha? OK. Then swallow on.

I do believe you are so eager you can't get those thoughts out of your head. I do hate to be the barer of bad news, I have no interest in your lusts, you'll have to get your gay fix somewhere else.

15. Re: Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc? May 6, 2012, 16:30 Acleacius

Kajetan wrote on May 6, 2012, 15:25:
The publisher is responsible for the descision to offer DLC. The technical implementation however ...
I have no idea where your getting this info from, that's like saying the developer is responsible for choosing and implementing drm. Look your just looking for a excuse to emo-blame PB for some personal grudge go for it. Just pretending PB or any other HIRED/CONTRACTED developer makes sales, marketing, publishing, content and copy production is nonsense unless you have any credible info saying otherwise.

3597 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo