Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3696 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed?
5. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 23:25 Acleacius

Never understood why, knowing an achievement is a spoiler or is a trophy different. Seen many games listed on GameFAQs, for example where a listing of achievements for a game is listed as a cheat.

Afaik the only game that achievements actually effect game play was Alpha Protocol.

Would BL2 be considered a very good single player game? I'm still on the fence about getting it. Most of the good things I've heard have been based off of it being Coop.

@ nin I'm really surprised your not enjoying Dishonored as much. Unless it's just the Coop you miss, then I totally understand.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 Acleacius

Logged in for 5 min, late last night and we still can't even Preview in TP, ridiculous.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes
6. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 12:08 Acleacius

I was under the impression they made it with PayPal, which counts in Obsidian's eyes as far as goals being reached and implemented in game.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
12. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 22:10 Acleacius

Voted for Venetica and Frayed Knights, guess they were from a previous list I missed.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer
33. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 21:00 Acleacius

Too bad, it looks like even Irrational got forced into multiplayer by 2k. ea did it to ME3, now bookies are taking odds on DA3 multiplayer.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached
12. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 20:35 Acleacius

Too bad they don't allow a payment plan over the course of a year, as nonprofits such as NPR. Even if someone didn't make their full pledge, Obsidian could just set them in the closest tier based on how much they did pay. Then all the ones that do meet their pledge, it's all gravy. They could double if not triple their intake funding.

Or they could let new people donate as contributors before release. Since so many will start hearing and seeing more about the game as time goes on.

23. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 04:21 Acleacius

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 22:34:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 15:39:
GOOD. Not every game needs multiplayer. Fuck EA for pushing that load of bollocks...
EA have NOTHING to do with Metro. Get it right! it's THQ.
He's referring to games like ME3.

14. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 13, 2012, 20:39 Acleacius

Excellent, loved the world, atmosphere, acting and story. Of course the console focus of gameplay and lack of freeform saves, hurt it considerably.

Instead of publishers, jerking us around with dlc, why not just make an expansion to add coop in six months after release.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 10, 2012, 06:00 Acleacius

Dishonored might be so good no one has time to post!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. You Canít Play Hero Oct 10, 2012, 01:04 Acleacius

Say what....I'm so tempted to call bs, on this guy.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 10, 2012, 00:08 Acleacius

Ok where's my dlc pet, Hitgirl!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 15:38 Acleacius

Wow, just amazing, thanks so much for the wonderful 16 years of gaming news excellence, Blue! Salute Party  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 12:30 Acleacius

Two possible GOTY contenders released on the same day? Faint

Surprised Dishonored doesn't have a release article.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews
32. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 15:54 Acleacius

LittleMe wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 12:31:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz94mUWwblU

Excellent review.

Lmao, thanks for the laughs.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Off-topic: Paypal Oct 8, 2012, 11:50 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 11:44:
I'm having an issue with Paypal where I select instant payment from my balance but upon clicking the continue button I am still being directed to their "link a card" page.

Tried a different browser?

Either that, an addon or a script could cause it.

I was having an issue at GOG, where it kept rejecting my card but it was working fine at other sites. I tried contacting GOG support, it was like talking to a rock and just as productive.

News Comments > Dishonored Reviews
9. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 10:54 Acleacius

Damn that's a lot of positive reviews, more shocking no negative reviews!  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews
6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 10:45 Acleacius

Sounds amazing!  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2012, 00:54 Acleacius

Metro 2033 $4.99 on Steam in case anyone missed it.  

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2012, 00:38 Acleacius

jimnms wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 23:58:
PHJF wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 22:17:
Right click game in Library
Properties
Updates
Do Not Automatically Update This Game

Couldn't tell you if it works, but there it is...

Unfortunately that only stops it from automatically checking for updates and downloading them. If you go to play a game, it will check for and download any updates even with that setting.

I really wish they would fix this. How fucking hard would it be to give you a prompt telling you that an update is available and ask if you want to download it?
Thanks both, I'll give it a try.

The Torchlight II patch today, wiped my single player map, on my current area. I still had the quests but lost my map about 95% complete and they moved my toon to the start of the area at a portal.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2012, 00:44.

2. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 21:46 Acleacius

I'm still too new to Steam, to know many of the tricks and some of you might have been on ten years now, so....
Anyway to make Steam stop updating/patching my games automatically? Preferably, Steam asks which games it can update, then I choose one, none or all.

I've tried playing Offline, but there are many things you can't offline like buy a new game.

Thanks.

3696 Comments. 185 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo