Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3569 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Vanguard F2P Details
7. Re: Vanguard F2P Details Jul 4, 2012, 03:28 Acleacius

I sincerely hope this works it's one of my favorite games, BUT it's soe and there's no way I can think of it passes the $10 a month full access test. Not to mention they are preventing F2P from selling the Broker. They still kept trying to charge full price, even though full price obviously didn't work. Sure their previous model of $15 a month would work when they were one of the only mmogs available, now it's just delusional.
Selling items via the Broker system is limited to Gold members. Free players are also able to purchase items via the Broker system.
Free players can equip items that are designated as common. Gold members can equip items with any rarity designation.
You can't wear anything that isn't *common* or sell any loot on the Broker. It's also true what everyone says about graphics and animations. Except for the fact that it certainly looks better than WoW graphically and millions still play. In all fairness WoW is more of a social experience which is given it so much longevity, essentially it's the Facebook of mmogs.

There are some pretty amazing things about Vanguard. Iirc, there are more that 100 individually crafted, created and themed dungeons. They are free roam, not scripted or instanced based, only the Raids are instanced. Boats are pretty awesome and you get a mount at level 10, you will need it. Vast and huge world, with three major themes Desert, Forest and Asian.

It's probably more personal experience (since I was there at the start) but at least att even in the context of their dated graphics it's pretty visually stunning. The scope and magnitude, not to mention it's done with Art Assets (not layer upon layer of eye trickery like mapping) making it much more stylized. At least to me 5 years ago, it was gorgeous with an amazing sound track. It was light, never heavy or over whelming, making it perfect for exploring the huge world.

It was very innovative as well, think the flying mounts were cool in Wow? It was Vanguard as well as things like combat Heroic Opportunities and some of the most innovative Player Classes in any game.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EU to Allow Digital Software Resales?
17. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 14:08 Acleacius

Wtg, EU! Our politicians in the US are too corrupt to be this intelligent. Salute

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
14. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jul 1, 2012, 19:44 Acleacius

That's too bad, community should be united.

Worst yet, not sure since I never visit but I've heard he has started charging for it now or access to his site.

Additionally if any of you guys only play this every 6 months or a year, I suggest waiting for the Library level completion. Iirc it's burgermeister from Clan Quest mods making and adding the Library level which was cut by Troika. Wesp has been coordinating with Brian Mitsoda now running Double Bear who's Kickstarter is still running for the amazing looking game Dead State.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2012, 19:53.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
7. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jul 1, 2012, 00:16 Acleacius

Gratz on another release and thanks for all the hard work! Can't wait to see the restored Library! Cheers

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 15:15:
I use the competing patch which released a final version years ago. I prefer to stick to the core game the developers made.
If your happy with it, that's great.

However unless he has removed all the added content, like his textures then it's not "Just a Fix" at all, unlike BUP Basic. It's more like self promotion, since he claims it's only fixes and used it to divide the community.

He was forced to remove all the content he used from BUP and Wesp had to Trademark it to stop him, iirc.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 30, 2012, 23:58 Acleacius

Yeah att Bloodmoon and Tribunal weren't bad, actually pretty good size and quality, officially expansions.
Oblivion Shivering Isles was defiantly the best, then Knights of Nine.
Fallout 3, the best would have to be Point Lookout.
Skyrim, nothing so far.

OT: What's really bad, I didn't get to download Tale of Two Wastelands before it got pulled off Nexus! Bawling

It was up less than 48 hours, iirc. It was the mod that united Fallout 3 and New Vegas! Allowing you to bring all or any companions from either game and do ALL the QUESTS!

If anyone got it, please, please, please share! :-begging-:

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2012, 00:22.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 16:29 Acleacius

Anyone else getting a lot of Adobe Flash crashing since the last update? Is there a patch, rollback or uninstall?

Edit:
ok heres how u do it or how i did it, go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html download one of the recent ones before this shit started happening cos its driving me nuts! ok then u go into the read me file and theres a link to get the flash uninstaller so u go to

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html and download either 32 or 64 bit.

then open up C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

and paste it in there and then run it. then u go bak to ur older downloaded version and install it. the problem should be fixed just dont update it.

hope this helps
wizards

Additionally:
If anyone is having video playback issues and has either upgraded to the 11.x series of flash player or has a more recent version of Fire fox that has this version series, then do the following to downgrade to 10.3:
Previous stable version here:
Version 10.3

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2012, 17:18.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 29, 2012, 16:21 Acleacius

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 11:22:
Why anyone would read that rag, they only spout corporate nonsense and only if it meets there overly liberal agenda.
Probably not possible, considering 8 out 10 media corporations are run by conservatives, according to Editors and Publishers, the leading corporate media trade journal.

The only places who say idiotic things like that are fascistnews network and about any ryandian socoipath. Sociopaths are people who sacrifice others basic NEEDS, for their personal WANTS.

Just thought I would mention it in case you cared whether the things were saying are true, accurate and just.

News Comments > Dead State AMA Underway
2. Re: Dead State AMA Underway Jun 29, 2012, 04:24 Acleacius

They will get made eventually, just wish they had skipped all these and just worked on an editor.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 23:54 Acleacius

Even more ridiculous was swat's reply, after the fact. "It's somewhere in the neighborhood, so we are watching carefully.".

So either the media is too dumb to know that's bullshit or they are letting swat lie. It could have been a FREAKING car driving by tapping open wifi, not to mention most people don't know how to set up a hub or router much less anything about computers. We're just geeks.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 August 28th
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 10:08 Acleacius

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck!

It's 3 times, right?

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month
4. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 27, 2012, 23:33 Acleacius

I'm totally stoked for more unskippable cutscenes!  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Art?
12. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Art? Jun 27, 2012, 23:28 Acleacius

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 21:26:
Has Valve ever given a reason as to why they hate making a third title in a series or is that just a fallacy created by fans?
No but Gordon is the problem, no speech or character depth. Valve can't stay locked in that pattern for long and they are innovators. My guess is they are adding a whole new storyline/arc with a new lead PC.

Not to mention, everyone wants COOP!

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Delayed
40. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 26, 2012, 00:22 Acleacius

There better NOT be constantly respawning enemies, bi0tches!  

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Funded
16. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Funded Jun 23, 2012, 19:21 Acleacius

Gratz, Dead State!

Think I've played most if not all of Brian's games and love his work!

News Comments > Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday
10. Re: Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday Jun 23, 2012, 00:48 Acleacius

Yeah, never played ME3 either, don't intend to at this point.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers Promise Performance Boosts
5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Promise Performance Boosts Jun 18, 2012, 18:28 Acleacius

Can't figure out if they just don't have enough alpha testers and rigs or they intentionally break some games.

I mean how hard would it be, to make a data base list of games from 1992 (or whenever there card starts support) to 2012+ and what basic graphical functions they use. Then run cross checks on the changes they make in future patches. They could then release a list of games a new patch possibly changes in Beta stage, so any games they themselves don't have to test can be tried by the public testers before official release. Sure it's a bit of a pita short term but long term it's a massive labor and engineering savior. They only been in business for about 13 years, so guess they just need a bit more time.

News Comments > Origin Sale; EA Calls Service "A Huge Success"
62. Re: Origin Sale; EA Calls Service Jun 18, 2012, 16:27 Acleacius

Me too, no origin for me. I bought a physical copy of SWTOR, just so I wouldn't have to use origin. Don't think I would have played an ea game otherwise.

Too bad, sorry you got hostility taken over bioware, but you started going off the track with your console gameplay delusions. Now ea will just milk everything potential, you had to be great creators and designers.

Now your just another toxically poisoned, antibiotic OD'd, estrogen fed and steroid injected milk cow. MooooooooO!

News Comments > Rune Classic on Steam
10. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 17, 2012, 23:52 Acleacius

Damn,completely missed this and loved it in Coop! Drummer

Woo hoo! There's great Rune Coop mod for this, in case you haven't had a chance to try it. Don't try to play this mod solo!

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire
15. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 12:07 Acleacius

D3 (lol it's still at User Rating of 4) release and maybe they shouldn't crap on the lore or force unskippable cutscenes down people's throats if they want fans of a series to buy.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 16:54 Acleacius

Yeah, really need to make sure to see the Vet to rule out medical problems, if you haven't already. Secondly he could actually be complaining, arguing about something.

Did you or Mrs. Blue changed/moved anything in the house or schedule that effected him? Like no longer allow him in your bedroom if he was used to being in there.

3569 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo