Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3640 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty!
2. Re: Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty! Sep 30, 2012, 14:31 Acleacius

I seem to be able to hit any site except Youtube, if you guys can see these Youtube vids, it must be something in my service.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight II Development Video
18. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 13:16 Acleacius

This is probably heresy but I like Torchlight 2 better than D1 or D2, never played D3 and probably never will.

The one thing that really bugs me about this Style (not just this game, all) is the crap loot drop systems.

The idea we can't get a visually matching set of armor all within a reasonable amount of time (5 or 10 levels, that could last another 5 or 10), irritates me to no end. It doesn't even have to have set bonuses, it would be great but not necessary. Oh stats for my actually class, well that would be just funking groovy. What could my mage possibly need or use a Clovenhoof chest piece with strength?

Shit drops, with shit stats. Putting pieces in a vendor that won't be there in 1 level, which is about 10 minutes. Could a level 5 get 1500gold before 10 minutes to get it?

Anyway, great game flawed only by the design limitations of a broken and unevolved genre. I could easily score it as a 88%.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 12:57 Acleacius

Blue wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:25:
Enahs wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:25:
What are the odds that the deli you (the general you) go to in New York makes its own Pastrami?

I would suspect now that most places just purchase their Pastrami from some distributor; and there is nothing special about most of Pastrami in New York delis.

I'll ask the next time I'm there. I'm guessing you're wrong, but I can't say for sure.
Think we used to have one here called Manny Hattan's but it closed. There's just too much of a barbeque culture here, not sure there are any spare briskets.

Did Youtube get attacked, it's been down for more than an hour?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
7. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 13:36 Acleacius

Lol damn, you scared the crap out of me, thought read a review or beta tested it. Started having nightmares about Bethesda and their console first strategy.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
4. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 12:49 Acleacius

Egg on my face, just sent this and the voice cast to Blue. Redface

Really looking forward to this, though I do cringe at the thought of corporate overload in control, instead of Kickstarter.

@ xXBatmanXx ass..cred, where you get that idea, isn't it a basically a platformer?

News Comments > On Wasteland 2 Writing
14. Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Sep 29, 2012, 11:47 Acleacius

InXile needed and deserved a big break and this is it, give em hell Brian! Cheers  

News Comments > Swords and Sorcery - Underworld GOLD & Demo Released
2. Re: Swords and Sorcery - Underworld GOLD & Demo Released Sep 28, 2012, 00:28 Acleacius

They are defiantly making a come back with Legend of Grimrock leading the charge.  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
33. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 00:22 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 21:20:
And one of the big issues I have always had with this crap is the price tag on a subscription based game. There’s no call for a game add-on to cost this much.
Exactly why I played for 3 months, the base game and BC expansion I got in a package deal.

Afaik they still don't offer a complete package after 10 years, douchbags.

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
21. Re: News title is very misleading Sep 26, 2012, 15:47 Acleacius

BobBob wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:48:
The weapons degrade in System Shock 2 made the game tedious.
Iirc Levine said it was their biggest complaint/mistake realized that was a problem, allowed it to be disabled. Insane respawning too, though they still respawn just not 99.9% of the time.
Here are a couple of codes I found with a quick search for the User.cfg. TTLG forums would be an good way to find them.
gun_degrade_rate 0
no_spawn
safe_texture_manager
lower_spawn_min 100
raise_spawn_rand 100000

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2012, 12:48 Acleacius

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:34:
Also you can have my share, never liked the stuff.
Can't remember the last time I had it or any red meat especially after the China Study.

I know it sucks but sustainability comes first, second as chemical free as possible (arsenic, pcbs and pesticides especially) and finally what we want comes last.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2012, 12:36 Acleacius

In case you haven't seen it yet, looks like this could be one of the best action time travel movies, ever!
LOOPER - Official Trailer

7. Re: Global bacon shortage 'unavoidable' Sep 26, 2012, 12:33 Acleacius

In case you want more info, sent a link about the mass slaughter taking place worldwide on the 19th causing this global problem.
Mass slaughter of farm animals set to push food prices up 14%

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
10. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 12:17 Acleacius

Amazing, work! Cheers

Surely someone at TTLG forums did it or knows who did.

Not sure if it's widely known but Vurt, who has done all the landscape mods for Skyrim, FNV and many others did a texture mod for SS2.

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews Sep 25, 2012, 21:41 Acleacius

Torchlight II is a blast, made me stop playing GW2.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:53 Acleacius

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 11:51:
As someone who was never really impressed by Gearbox's previous games.....and Gearbox has finally won me over...
I did enjoy both their HL1 expansions, not great but was fun to get back into HL att of their release and Halo just killed Gearbox for me. It wasn't even so much the game (guess I sort of knew what to expect from a console shooter) but Picthford was just a real dick. In recent years, he's been doing much better, so will see.

It's good to hear your enjoying BL2. I've been thinking about it for the Coop alone, even though I'm not a real fan of cellshading. Yet Dead Island expansion might call for another play through.

TL2 sounds like a blast, which is probably go for first.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2012, 12:41 Acleacius

It defiantly seals the deal nin, especially after confirming it can be loaded/activated on Steam, thanks.

PHJF wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 12:05:
GMG doesn't even have TL2...
Where were you, when I needed you....

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2012, 11:22 Acleacius

Haven't used GMG yet, but do I see this correctly...Torchlight II 15.99 with coupon and then another 20% for the voucher?

Edit:NM I see now it's two different sites, duh.

News Comments > Project Eternity Using Unity
16. Re: Project Eternity Using Unity Sep 22, 2012, 22:03 Acleacius

Can't remember if they've said it will be coop like BG, BG2, IWD and IWD 2. If it wasn't in the plans sure hope it's a stretch goal, maybe 2.5 million? Though if it in anyway would slow them down, disregard this comment.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
27. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 13:41 Acleacius

I still say we're not going to be playing Gordon this time. As other heroes in the world, WHO might come across Gordon during the game. Much in the same way they tied Portal to HL.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2012, 21:42 Acleacius

Here's hoping your remember something that made your mom smile.  

3640 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo