Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3639 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2012, 00:54 Acleacius

Metro 2033 $4.99 on Steam in case anyone missed it.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2012, 00:38 Acleacius

jimnms wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 23:58:
PHJF wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 22:17:
Right click game in Library
Properties
Updates
Do Not Automatically Update This Game

Couldn't tell you if it works, but there it is...

Unfortunately that only stops it from automatically checking for updates and downloading them. If you go to play a game, it will check for and download any updates even with that setting.

I really wish they would fix this. How fucking hard would it be to give you a prompt telling you that an update is available and ask if you want to download it?
Thanks both, I'll give it a try.

The Torchlight II patch today, wiped my single player map, on my current area. I still had the quests but lost my map about 95% complete and they moved my toon to the start of the area at a portal.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2012, 00:44.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 21:46 Acleacius

I'm still too new to Steam, to know many of the tricks and some of you might have been on ten years now, so....
Anyway to make Steam stop updating/patching my games automatically? Preferably, Steam asks which games it can update, then I choose one, none or all.

I've tried playing Offline, but there are many things you can't offline like buy a new game.

Thanks.

News Comments > Dishonored Interactive Trailer
6. Re: Dishonored Interactive Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 14:43 Acleacius

Minor spoilers only, according to Arkane.

Just finished Black Mesa and need to finish Torchlight 2 before this hits.

News Comments > Dishonored Interactive Trailer
2. Re: Dishonored Interactive Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 12:12 Acleacius

Preordered to get the pet Hit Girl companion!  

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
6. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 20:35 Acleacius

Just checked, I've been on Steam less than a year (Dead Island release) got 37 games and of those 35 offer single player.

The two games are ones I didn't buy that came in packages HL Deathmatch and TF. So in theory I buy only single player games, some of which offer online.

Edit:It's been a year Dead Island, Sept 6 2011.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2012, 21:01.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
3. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 20:25 Acleacius

Good, no reason for me to even consider a blizzard game, more money to spend on real games.

Edit:Punctuation.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2012, 20:36.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 19:33 Acleacius

Two mail delivery failures, someone close by bring a sixpack and a router to Blue!  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
2. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 18:49 Acleacius

Thank you for flying, Pigs on the Wing!  

8. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2012, 13:18 Acleacius

Thanks for the replies all, got it.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details
6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 12:37 Acleacius

ea train wrecked their two biggest franchises. There's a huge difference between good sales and expected block buster sales. This is a desperate attempt to make up lost sales from a dying M3.

Holiday sales...wait for it! The new ultramega box ME and DA franchises all in one BOX! (minus the dlc).

4. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2012, 00:37 Acleacius

Damn, I'm stuck at the point where you set the map coordinates to kill the Gargantua. I set the target but can't get any form of acknowledgement for the fire. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

Even if I get it, not sure it will work. Gargantua follows you, so if I need to set it on him while he's wiggling the tower, if I try to climb or jump down he will move.

Anyone recall the secret to doing this, section?

Thanks.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - War of the Roses
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - War of the Roses Oct 2, 2012, 12:17 Acleacius

This sounds like pvp but not even wiki seems to say, nor press releases. Most pvp only games, don't do well especially not long term.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 11:51 Acleacius

I haven't played in about week maybe two, so frustrated with the broken economy. I'm afraid Arenanet might have ruined the game by waiting so long to get the TP working. Everyone had such a huge backlog of crap which flooded the system. People are selling crap 1 copper over the price and it takes at least TWO coppers as a listing fee. Not only that, people could just sell it to the vendor and get the same damn price and get the money NOW.

Normally it's not bad to have a few items at low prices, trying to help n00bs get a little gear and get into the swing of things. This is completely different, 100s of thousands of items. This could become a disaster.

I know this one sounds minor but to anyone who bothers with dyes it's completely ridiculous we still can't Right-Click Preview dyes or GEAR for the matter on the TP, but vendors and banks...no problem. Dyes cost up to 5 gold each, which is a huge amount without being able to see the damn thing, with some gear 15g or more.

I'm still undecided on how I feel about a game you can hit level 80 and never leave the n00b zone. It's just weird.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Oct 1, 2012, 23:44 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 20:40:
BTW, has anyone ever bought anything from Gamestop PC Downloads? Not that I would because 1) prices, 2) it's Gamestop.
Same here, haven't and most likely won't.

Thanks for the coupon, it's very tempting for Dishonored. I'm still having problems with it being published by Bethesda and their console mentality. Funny thing is if it was just Arkane doing Kickstarter I'd be on it in a flash. I trust Arkane even if it was a beta. I wonder if they will be releasing an editor, that would convince me.

Rewatching Kick Ass, prepping for a little Chloe Grace action, baby! I swear if Arkane wasted her, there will be payback.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 23:50.

News Comments > New Morrowind Overhaul
5. Re: New Morrowind Overhaul Oct 1, 2012, 21:41 Acleacius

Yup, TES III.

Think I still have version 2.2 installed. Looks like the auto updater will bring it up to date.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 00:18 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 19:15:
I have a honest question:
In the 2012 Presidential Election, who do I vote for to screw me over the least?

Ron Paul?
If your serious, I'll take a shot at it. I don't see how. RP has polices are basically bipolar. On the one hand he wants to stop nation building, with some bipartisan work could be very prosperous. To stop it completely would be madness, since every nation has had to have help from other nations, every one. US would still be an English colony. Iirc General Washington had been push across the Delaware exhausted and beaten. Cut off from supply lines and many wounded, in winter. Can anyone name the guy who decided to go to France to ask for help?

France loved this guy and democracy so much (I'm giving way to many hints), not only did they agree to help the US they sent 4000 men, ships, weapons and supplies. They also sent at least one bad ass 19 year old General, who help turn the tide of the war and ultimately securing victory against the English.

On the other hand if you look closely at his domestic policies, RP really, really wants to remove all safety nets everywhere. It would destroy our society financially and morally, basically sociopathic. I don't say this as an attack, just a fact.

You can prove it to yourself just by trying to name one prosperous nation ever in history who's done it, ever. Or I could tell you how every nation with any semblance freedom, is built on the Legacy Debt. Or how Social Security is the most successful government program in history, ever anywhere and it's even statically verifiable. Once again if you want to solve it, try to name another program ever in any nation with a better cost benefit ratio. It's only in bad shape now since they start looting it in the 1980s to pay for the 2 wars and a tax cut.

Or I could point out how he wants to return to a gold standard...I know don't laugh, it's true. Any idea why we changed to a currency based system FROM the gold standard? This is becasue from 1873 to 1933 under the gold standard, where was a near financial collapse an average of every 6 years. 1873, 1884, 1890, 1893, 1907, 1930, 1931, 1932, and 1933. You can verify this again by naming a single nation ever that can handle (move, secure, borrow and transfer) as much capital as the US or other first world nations, with gold.

Doesn't matter who says something Romeny, Obama, Ross Perot or Ron Paul. If it never existed and they can't explain it, then their full of shit.

There's a lot more too this, most of it's above my pay grade. This is just the bare basics but it passes the 80% rule.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 18:51 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 17:38:
Speaking of crystal meth....

I have a honest question:
In the 2012 Presidential Election, who do I vote for to screw me over the least?
Being gay I could give 2 shits less about gay marriage (like it to happen but not as a re-election platform), but at this point in time I don't want either of them as pres.
That's surprising, there are really only two methods of deciding either by evidence or ideology. If you decide by ideology then evidence doesn't matter, you make your decision then bend the evidence to fit.

Evidence all you need to do is a google search "what things have (fill in the blank) accomplished?" (no quotes of course). Then all the information is the world is available at your finger tips.

On a lighter side I'm pretty sure a 13 year old trying to sing jazz great Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" would need superpowers to say the least, much less do it brilliantly. I never watch these shows, just lucky in the age of the internet people post the best of the best. There's only 1:30 of introduction, they get to the song pretty quick. The look of total shock on every judges face is priceless.

News Comments > Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty!
4. Re: Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty! Sep 30, 2012, 15:15 Acleacius

gtk thanks. Guess it's just been too long with out a reboot on the router. gtg.  

News Comments > Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty!
2. Re: Abe's Oddysee HD Becomes New N' Tasty! Sep 30, 2012, 14:31 Acleacius

I seem to be able to hit any site except Youtube, if you guys can see these Youtube vids, it must be something in my service.  

3639 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo