Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3642 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > City of Steam Closed Beta Next Month
1. Re: City of Steam Closed Beta Next Month Oct 28, 2012, 14:35 Acleacius

Anyone know anything about this, can't get the video to play on the Home page. There is a nasty looking script according to Web of Truth (WoT) which looks like it might be required to watch the videos. I'll try youtube again, earlier it seemed crashed, maybe down due to the storm.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2012, 13:30 Acleacius

Good luck, everyone on the east coast, stay safe!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 14:23 Acleacius

Batten down the hatches, Blue! Frankenstorm is coming to the east coast!  

News Comments > Nihilistic Becomes nStigate Games
4. Re: Nihilistic Becomes nStigate Games Oct 25, 2012, 01:33 Acleacius

Only if you consider a User score of 87, for 12 year old game, as really bad. Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption

These guys and gals are one of the few developers EVER, that used there own money to make a patch for their game, because activision are a bunch of freaking ouchbags and wouldn't pay for a much needed patch. And still TO THIS DAY, they built the best example of Masquerade PnP computer multiplayer game.

Nihilistic Software's Vampire: The Masquerade -- Redemption Post Mortem

Irrc, they said Ghost was a very good game and personally I would take Nihilistic's word over blizzard, any day.

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
1. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 24, 2012, 21:34 Acleacius

Actually you've been making poor decision for years. And yes it could even be considered stupid to ignore a current game like rage which had potential for modders to fix all the screwed up designs. For a 10 year old rehash game of doom3 which breaks most(all?) mods.

I know this will be a little hard for you to grasp, but you ever considered asking the FANS WHAT THE F, they want?

News Comments > Nihilistic Becomes nStigate Games
1. Re: Nihilistic Becomes nStigate Games Oct 24, 2012, 21:31 Acleacius

Damn, never understood why these guys turned their backs on PC gaming, to the thankless world of console and mobile gaming.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned
3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 23, 2012, 21:38 Acleacius

Been waiting for this to get a good patch, before taking the plunge.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 14:47 Acleacius

Guild Wars seems to be getting a huge patch, not sure when it released as I haven't logged in for about a week.

Edit: Monday release.

Game updates/2012-10-22

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
16. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 08:11 Acleacius

Of course the multiplayer hasn't been in development for 5 years.

This makes three games developed in the cycle Infinite, Multiplayer and Industrial Revolution. The game sadly seems to be limited in almost every aspect, by 7 year old console hardware.

Too bad, Infinite wasn't worthy or good enough for 2k on it's own.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
7. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 23:30 Acleacius

The only redeeming quality I see in Infinite is going to be the story, atmosphere and the acting. I have a sinking feeling it has been extremely consolized in gameplay, graphics and physics. So this will probably be the first Levine story based game, I don't get day one.

2k is probably betting they can get enough console sales, they don't care about quality. Just as they did in Bioshock 2, rush it out to make a profit, instead of a AAA hit.

Bleeding sales, 2k the next ea.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
12. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Oct 22, 2012, 01:09 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 23:40:
From a physics standpoint, the rails are simple. The player attaches to a static, non-kinematic rail and moves in a set trajectory at a set speed along that rail. It's really not complex at all because there aren't a lot of variables involved. GTA4, Read Redemption Redemption and Max Payne 3 have to do more complex physics calculations and those were all designed for consoles. The skylines in Infinite are essentially rollercoasters. There's nothing dynamic about them at all. The only thing the player can do is attach and detach from them.
That would be pretty insane if the rails did move. Sure, of course their static, but it's still highly physics based calculations over extremely large areas.

I haven't heard a single good thing about multiplayer (coop doesn't count obviously) in any of those games, on console. Except it exists. Why would anyone play multiplayer on a console instead of a PC. Saying something is good on a console is like saying something was good on PC 10 years (scale is really about 6) ago. In gta4 was the first to have 16 iirc, but we had 16 back in 1995 or so. I just don't get how the console limitation isn't a factor. They would have to reduce the graphic quality and special effects, so much it would look like a 2001 game.

Not to mention most PC players go out of their way to turn off Autoaim. Hell people complained about GTA4 and MP3 on PC. Guess we will see, soon enough. Despite your optimism and rosey glasses, there's no way in hell it will work, much less well, on a console.

News Comments > Project Eternity Interview
8. Re: Project Eternity Interview Oct 22, 2012, 00:41 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 22:22:
They still have paypal open on their page, and for a limited time, all the kickstarter rewards are choices there too I think.

It would be great if they leave the paypal up, with rewards till they ship.

8. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Oct 21, 2012, 22:07 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 21:45:
It's called aim assist..? If the E3 2011 demo is any indication, the skyline system has tons of assists when you jump from rail to rail (to the point where you can't actually miss) and when aiming at enemies. It has nothing to do with a console's hardware capabilities and everything to do with basic usability design. The PC version will have the same skyline assists as the console versions. I imagine the PC version will allow you to turn off the aim assist but that's pretty much the only difference. If a console game like BF3 or Halo can handle vehicles, I'm pretty sure consoles can handle a completely scripted rail system.

I'm not really sure why you think the multiplayer implementation would be hugely different between platforms. Console games tend to use P2P hosting, sure, but a lot of PC games do too. In fact, console multiplayer may actually be easier to implement because you know everyone is using the same hardware and software, whereas on PC you can have wildly varying hardware and software configurations.
Sure aim assist has always been a console mainstay, due to one of many of it's weaknesses. I'm thinking of things like physics, which among other things (power, graphics and networking) make it MUCH easier to implement something like this on a PC. It just seems like an obvious limitation and as mentioned there isn't any foundation for a console doing this I recall. Yet fast moving multiplayer with grappling? It's been done on the PC, but afaik it didn't work well at all on the console, Just Cause 2 (now up to 1000 peeps).

Unless I'm missing/forgetting something, which is highly possible (more likely common).

6. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Oct 21, 2012, 21:09 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 18:24:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 16:42:
The troubled development has me worried, but still interested. Sad if true, to hear console is the lead platform, never a good sign on any game and sounds like 2k. It would explain a lot, why there was troubled development, i.e. trying to implement multiplayer Rail System for consoles, could very well be why so many are leaving Irrational.

The Rail System dynamic will probably be the key, if 2k is just another crap publisher like ea trying to force multiplayer. At the expense of quality production (i.e. gameplay and stablity), they will take a pretty big hit. If they cared about their game franchise maybe they should just release multiplayer as an addon after 3 months or however long it takes to get balanced.

Err, why would implementing a rail system in multiplayer be any more difficult on consoles than PC? You can blame consoles for the outdated visuals, level size, etc, but implementing the rail system in multiplayer would be equally difficult on console and PC.

Anyway, I'd like to see another proper walkthrough demo. The last one was from E3 2011 and was apparently created just for E3. I'd like to see one from the actual game.
Well, not that I'm a console expert but I don't think I've ever heard of even a normal deathmatch which was easier to implement on console than PC. Not to mention the Rail System looked extremely fast, at least from the videos. Additionally the aiming mechanics, while fast moving and essentially using a grappling system all at the same time seems to me to be WAY beyond a consoles ability system and functionality wise.

I've certainly never heard of a multiplayer console game implementing something even close. Whatever the game, if it exist was it stable at release?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2012, 20:45 Acleacius

Green Man Gaming Horror Deals, plus 20% off coupon!  

News Comments > Project Eternity Interview
5. Re: Project Eternity Interview Oct 21, 2012, 17:12 Acleacius

Great read.

The difference should be obvious, they are setting the time frame and budget for their own game, not a publisher. Every time, they've had to release a game early for a publisher and they've done an insane amount of work for a small budget.

It doesn't matter how humble CA is trying to be, everyone knows lucas arts is bad publisher with terrible funding and timetables. la doesn't give a damn about it developers. It's why most if not all of designers left the company years ago.

3. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Oct 21, 2012, 16:42 Acleacius

The troubled development has me worried, but still interested. Sad if true, to hear console is the lead platform, never a good sign on any game and sounds like 2k. It would explain a lot, why there was troubled development, i.e. trying to implement multiplayer Rail System for consoles, could very well be why so many are leaving Irrational.

The Rail System dynamic will probably be the key, if 2k is just another crap publisher like ea trying to force multiplayer. At the expense of quality production (i.e. gameplay and stablity), they will take a pretty big hit. If they cared about their game franchise maybe they should just release multiplayer as an addon after 3 months or however long it takes to get balanced.

News Comments > Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series
35. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 21, 2012, 07:06 Acleacius

Denthor wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 04:49:
Sho wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 03:34:
Everybody here seems to be forgetting that if you do a game for a publisher, _the publisher gets to keep a lot of the money coming in_. While Kickstarter gets their share on this, a lot of these 4.2 million are money in the bank for Obsidian, and when they eventually complete and sell the game, they can do so on their own, without sharing with a publisher. Keep that in mind when you compare it to traditional budgets!

Yeah, I wish I remembered who said this (correct me if i'm wrong) but i believe it was as little as $7 out of $60 going back to the developers. Which, imo, is pretty insane (heard music industry is worse as little as 50c an album). I'm not sure if digital distribution has changed those numbers (highly unlikely i guess) but i hope they make a good deal of money off this and it allows more 'niche' games to flourish and helps alleviate the risk a bit for devs.

I would love an industry where the majority of the money goes back to the people who created the product in the first place rather than some faceless middle man who's only desire is to make money off others work.
It's worst than that, publishers steal the IP.

34. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 21, 2012, 07:04 Acleacius

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 03:01:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 00:06:
I'm apparently one of the few people who enjoyed AP.

I thought it was REALLY good. Until Deus Ex Human Revolution it was the best choice and consequence FPS since the original Deus Ex imo.
I've played Alpha Protocol 3 times and haven't seen anything near all of the content. Your choices in AP matter way more than in DX3. Not that DX3 is awful. But AP is in another league.
Yeah, I really liked DX3 but there's really no comparison to choice and consequence with AP. I got a big shock trying to replay DX3 after Dishonored, gameplay is much smoother in Dishonored.

24. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 20, 2012, 23:41 Acleacius

mellis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 21:34:
It still bothers me how little $4 million is for developing a AAA game.....
One of us misunderstands Kickstarter. Afaik it's not intended to be fully funded by Kickstarter. Kickstarter was intended as the additional help they needed to make the game.

Additionally this is obviously not their only source of income. Iirc they are working on at least two, quite possibly three other titles for publishers. If these guys don't know what it takes or have to skills, heart and soul to build their OWN IP franchise, then no one can do it. It's really that simple, they are some of the most experienced RPG makers in the world.

Let's just hope it's not something as ridiculous as dragons turning everyone into zombies....err zombiespawn...darkzombies?

3642 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo