Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3695 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Breakup Details Confirmed
19. Re: THQ Breakup Details Confirmed Jan 24, 2013, 12:28 Acleacius

Damn for a second, I thought Volition (instead of Surreal) had done Drakan Order of the Flame and PC gamers might actually get a sequel! Oh well, I'll settle for a quality sequel to Summoner, made to be played on the PC if not the lead platform.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore This Weekend
21. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 21:11 Acleacius

Defiantly looking for New Vegas Complete to hit 75%, but can wait. As much as I despise id nowdays, I must admit Rage looks tempting at $5.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 13:51 Acleacius

Guess this is when the real sales start, last 5 days.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2012, 13:19 Acleacius

There is nothing non-privileged about any of this case," said DOJ lawyer Tony Coppolino.
Proof, of constitutional violation and immediate shutdown, necessity.

News Comments > Dishonored Patched
7. Re: Dishonored Patched Dec 5, 2012, 09:50 Acleacius

Never had any of these issues at least I recall, but still glad they are working on it. Too bad their focus is on challenge maps atm. instead of story.  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Preorders
4. Re: Dead Space 3 Preorders Dec 3, 2012, 16:07 Acleacius

origin Middlefinger  

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 05:35 Acleacius

Gratz, Dishonored!  

News Comments > Deus Ex Texture Mod
5. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 11:02 Acleacius

Amazing work, gratz!  

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon"
3. Re: Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon" Nov 27, 2012, 22:12 Acleacius

An announcement of an announcement on the worst rated AAA game in history, afaik. 3.8 User Score with about 4400 reviews.  

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Next Month
19. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 18:55 Acleacius

Asmo wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 18:38:
....I guess I'm getting value for money playing ghost/non-lethal (side note, wish there was an absolute way to check if you've breached either condition before the end of each section), but it feels like there's a bunch of untapped potential that will either end up as DLC or a sequel...
They have to actually see you, when they do it causes them to come after you. There are specific sounds that occur and 3 stage Light Icon over their head. Just save your game and test exposing yourself to get used to the sound. If all three horizontal rows of lights, light up they have defiantly seen you iirc, plus you get the symbolic sound effect.

17. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 18:36 Acleacius

Zyrxil wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 13:40:
You're completely rambling. First you complain that they designed new maps for this DLC instead of using it for story DLC,
Yes, and this seems rambling too you?
then you say it's a quick release ala Horse Armor,
No, I mentioned it was a quick release compared to story based expansion (your having a tough time with this one). The Horse Armor was clearly an example to show a difference in expectations of expansions versus dlc. No way you could have missed the point.
and finally you mention the ending again claiming to have explained things without actually saying anything.
If you don't understand why the ending prevents a lot of variation in story based content then nothing I say will change your rambling perceptions.

If you think challenge maps are quite common, then you most likely were not a gamer pre-Horse Armor. Challenge content would only be considered common in a very short span of gaming history.

See if this is any clearer for you. Yes, I'm disappointed they are releasing maps based on a gimmick of challenges, instead of story based content. The ending had a certain CLOSURE (do you get it, I'm actually spelling it out here for you). It prevents certain story possibilities which could have taken place, in expansions.

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 13:49:
This. Just give me a new story to play out thanks. Challenge maps? Bitch Please.
Fixed that for you.
I don't really say bitch. It's not part of my idiom. Cunt, on the other hand...
Lmao

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2012, 18:42.

8. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 12:45 Acleacius

Zyrxil wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 11:28:
What? What the hell are you talking about? It's a Trials type DLC, very common. What does it have to do with the ending?
In the context of what I was saying, challenge maps are a copout from adding new content; i.e. branching story or different perspective ala Half-Life Opposing Force/Blueshift. Honestly don't care how common they are it's just a quicker release. It's more of a moneyplay for people who just buy dlc site unseen. There are people who just want to mash buttons and there are people who want to be entertained and/or learn something along the way.

Maybe it's just a difference of what platform you play on, until Horse Armor developers actually had to release new content good or bad. Many of us are still laughing at the idea someone was trying to charge us for Horse Armor. Att most experienced gamers were having nothing to do with it, but console gamers ate it up like a drug. Now we have challenge maps.

That's as close as I can get without spoiling the ending for those whom haven't finished.

News Comments > Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs?
4. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 11:22 Acleacius

Not only bad for Video Game industry and PC market place, but the economy as well. Millions of jobs worldwide will be impacted. Probably why they are implementing it over 5+ years. Bastards.  

2. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 11:14 Acleacius

I was thinking DLC couldn't get any worst, than stripping parts out of the game to sell later. Too bad they didn't use these maps for a new story.

This is why many of us had major problems with the ending cutscenes.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer
12. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 10:41 Acleacius

I'm defiantly interested at this point, unless ubi does something notoriously stupid between now and release...like creating DRM of Death.

Here's hoping one day, these developers figure out how to Coop the main story. It's probably why I like Dead Island so much, despite it's many flaws. Techland broke the barrier and now (hopefully) is working to refine the weak story aspects and gameplay balance issue. Honestly these are issues most games have but don't have the benefit of full story Coop.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Painful Memories DLC Next Week
12. Re: Max Payne 3 Painful Memories DLC Next Week Nov 27, 2012, 10:30 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 20:57:
bah. How about fixing the freezup between chapters during the cutscenes? I cant get to chapter 3 after the rooftop.....sucks.
Not sure how badly you want to continue, but you could always try the crack. Just make damn sure your in Offline mode and back up the files you replace. So once you get past your bug, you can return your game to normal Steam.

If that's too much trouble, you could try reinstalling.

Good luck.

News Comments > No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer
37. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 19:12 Acleacius

Get a haircut Levine, what you think this is the 1960s! Wacko  

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2012, 18:46 Acleacius

Legend of Grimlock, Witcher and Witcher 2 all 75% off.  

48. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2012, 17:17 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 12:58:
ugh, Now Max Payne 3 is freezing during those stupid cut scenes....wtf. Nothing in forums, etc is helping. Fuckit. Back to Call of Duty....
I seriously wish you good luck with it. Imo, it's a disaster. They killed the lore with the story and the gameplay with the cutscenes.

News Comments > No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer
5. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 10:54 Acleacius

Good news, never thought it would work on consoles very well anyway.  

3695 Comments. 185 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo