Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3717 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Human Head on Prey 2
4. Re: Human Head on Prey 2 Oct 31, 2014, 21:09 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 20:51:
What franchise? There's only been one game. Not much of a franchise.
2 games, one shelved to prevent shared IP profit bonuses, from the original contract pre-zenimax?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
30. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 18:35 Acleacius

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 14:47:
No, you aren't talking about them being unwilling to do business. They already did business! The game was made, with Bethesda doing most of the financing. Which means the business was done.

Your feeling doesn't need to be based on fact, you said it as if it was, but it's a conspiracy theory.

Yes, publishers clash with devs and want changes. This is true, but this has NOTHING to do with your post. But they don't pull games that they've already paid for simply because they do not like someone. That does not happen.

You aren't saying "the publisher had unreasonable demands" what you said was "Bethesda is willing to let an investment of probably $20 million dollars go because they did not like someone."

That doesn't happen. I'm going to repeat that again: publishers do not cancel good, playable, complete games that they've sunk 8 figures into simply because they do not like someone.
Then once again you are misinterpreting my words.
"unjustified" personal issues
does NOT only include the possibility of like or dislike as you obviously understand. However you seem focused on it to justify your perceived perception of.... Drummer (that's my drumroll).... a "conspiracy theory".

As jacobvandy mentioned, we've talked about the same thing here many times, at Blue's in the past. Big corporations like ea and zenimax are tying anything to buy up IPs even forcing developers into finical ruin to buy them up. There's a "conspiracy theory" for ya or do not appreciate the factual type.

Why would bethesda "choose to" not work with or sell a completed or nearly game, from a successful developer? See you can't answer, the question any more than pete hiney's bullshiny.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

21. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 14:24 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 13:07:
Maybe the devs who worked on it will leak it on BT. Would be pretty big torrent though.
Or would be great if they used the designs on another game and tell bethesda to go flock off into the sunset.

20. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 14:19 Acleacius

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 13:50:
But this is conspiracy theory stuff. With absolutely zero evidence other than "I don't think he's telling the truth about it being low quality," you're saying "Bethesda is intentionally writing off a multi-million dollar investment because they don't like someone."

This is something that happens in movies, not in real life. Bethesda is not putting a game in a closet because they think someone at Human Head needs to wear more deodorant.

And, frankly, Prey was a pretty bad game. Not on ACM/DNF level, but it wasn't particularly good. The newest Batman was a big disappointment. Dead Man's Hand is a 62 on Metacritic. It isn't as if Human Head has some great history of fantastic releases, and Prey 2 seems to be the biggest risk they took.

It not being particularly fun and, at this point, not seemingly able to be very fun without an enormous amount of work seems far more likely than "Whelp, let's write-off the $20 million we spent to develop this game, Mark in Accounting called me a jerk so we'll show him!"
Wow, you are really taking this to extremes, aren't you. If you think, companies refusing to do business due to grudges is only the stuff of movies and fantasies don't let me get in your way. Not to mention the fact, I never said my "feeling" was based on fact. Does Blue's feelings, have to be fact now too? Or what about you, do your feelings have to be factual, too? Hahaha_no

I've heard many stories about how publisher representatives clash with developers, constantly wanting unreasonable revisions with-in unreasonable time frames or completely changing the foundations of the original design. These are reasonably factual probabilities, without me needing to be in every meeting and witnessing them in person.

It's also factual to most people Human Head games don't suck. They are the creative minds behind some pretty good games (maybe not your taste) Heretic, Hexen, Hexen II, Heretic II, Rune and Prey.

Hopefully Mark in accounting can do the numbers. Giggle

17. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 13:42 Acleacius

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 12:41:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 12:22:
MajorD wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 12:03:
It's a directional smoke screen; there's more to it than this line of crap. It's just hard for me to believe that with that much development time and money they would all of a sudden just decide to cancel it. Something smells.....
You are so right, man. What it feels like to me is bethesda has "unjustified" personal issues with Human Head or someone at Human Head.

Wait. You think they wouldn't cancel a game because it was bad, but would because of "unjustified" personal issues with someone at Human Head?

Bethesda would not lose millions of dollars for personal issues, "unjustified" or not.
They would lose millions of dollars rather than putting out an Alien Colonial Marines or Duke Nukem Forever, as those are the kinds of things that really stick with your reputation.
But doesn't your position rely on it being a bad game on the level of ACM or DNF, which none of Human Heads games have been. Afai can tell, there's no reason to believe it's the case. There's no way I would take the word of someone who was hired to be a PR spin doctor, who's been feeding gamers false info about "game quality", since the Pre-Oblivion days.

14. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 12:22 Acleacius

MajorD wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 12:03:
It's a directional smoke screen; there's more to it than this line of crap. It's just hard for me to believe that with that much development time and money they would all of a sudden just decide to cancel it. Something smells.....
You are so right, man. What it feels like to me is bethesda has "unjustified" personal issues with Human Head or someone at Human Head.

13. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 12:18 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 12:04:
Gives them more time to work on Rune 2?
Rune 2 Kickstarter! ? Mwahaha

10. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 12:01 Acleacius

I trust Human Head over pete hiny's bullshiny, any day.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
14. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 03:47 Acleacius

Glad I passed on this, waiting till the $7.50 sale next summer. I try to support games, with modding support. ubi is extremely annoying since they won't support modding.

Sad to say, I'll probably cave on Far Cry 4 within a month of release. Slap

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
22. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 31, 2014, 01:21 Acleacius

I hear one of the biggest problems is the FOV, but are several fixes, just google.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
15. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 14:03 Acleacius

Great stories plus great NPC and Character development has always been the draw for me to bioware games. It's the real difference between bioware and TES games. TES games have great adventure, open world games but often times poorly written stories and quests, worst of all lifeless NPCs and companions.

Still the elephant in the room is, ea represents the worst in corporations and is hugely responsible for raft of bad decisions and behaviors that have a detrimental effect on gaming as a whole. ea would buy up every IP if possible, then shovel out broken yearly releases of the same game over and over, if they could.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
27. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 18:19 Acleacius

ea is one of the if not the worst possible examples of a corporation, in every regard. You choose to support them with your money and words, then you are part of the problem, not those of us who try to stand against them.

It's was just about 10 years ago, they were treating employees like slave labor and many of us stood up against them. About 8 years ago, riccitiello hostility overthrew bioware. He quit ea knowing bioware would never sell direct to ea to start a speculative finical company. Infused them with cash, then sold the markers to ea behind bioware's back and got his old job back. It would take hours if not days to list all of the games shipped broken.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
3. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 10:56 Acleacius

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 10:55:
I remember this game from back in the day. Good stuff. Not worth registering an Origin account for it though, not in a million years.
Exactly! I'm not sure anything could get me to register with them, ever.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Oct 29, 2014, 00:00 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 22:36:
Meh. Infinite's DLC is still expensive as fuck. I'm hoping the Steam Xmas sale offer will be more attractive like $9.99 for the complete edition.
They are discounting from a ridiculously high price of $50 for the complete game.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
23. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 18:00 Acleacius

I waited on this one too, till the full game is released.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Oct 22, 2014, 21:57 Acleacius

RAGE, is bethesda finally coming back to reality? This is the first time in at least a year (maybe two years), I've seen one of their DLC going for the same 75% off as the game. Shakefist  

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
10. Re: ArcheAge Oct 22, 2014, 21:53 Acleacius

Damn...I was going to ask if it's worth trying, since it's new to me ...but ArcheAge PC that's one nasty azz score. Stunned Wtf  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
9. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 21, 2014, 21:37 Acleacius

It all seems so complicated and complex, cast Singularity to close the Oblivion Gates. I just hope there are NPCs and Quest Arrows to point my way! :-panic-: Biting  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
19. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 20:53 Acleacius

Ooc, if most or all the game is F2P and not P2W what is the high price on packages? They custom skins and outfits for the ship and toons, normally bought in the Game Store (something like Secret World). I've never tried this mmog, read a little on the Release notes and the main site, but still don't understand.

Thanks

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 10:47 Acleacius

ea loves their fans!!!! Love2 Mwahaha  

3717 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo