Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3541 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 18:35 Acleacius

Welcome Back, after all this time! Party2

I knew it was the hamsters, not sexing each other enough to keep the hamseter generator producing enough electricity!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Scant State of Decay Expansion Details
3. Re: Scant State of Decay Expansion Details Feb 12, 2014, 10:14 Acleacius

I couldn't believe Nexus started supporting mods for it, great news indeed. At least now, modders can fix the weak and broken parts on the PC version.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Rust Punches Cheaters
2. Re: Rust Punches Cheaters Feb 12, 2014, 10:00 Acleacius

I haven't play anything but Coop for at least the last decade, so it doesn't/won't ever effect me. However permanently banning someone, who bought the game during alpha code without a single warning, is an extremely bad idea.  

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer
10. Re: Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 19:28 Acleacius

It's what they did with Ridtide (i.e. making it much less moddable) causing me hesitation.  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
30. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 19:20 Acleacius

They are intentionally not showing gameplay videos, since everyone complains about them.

The background on this trailer is pretty crappy. If some guard killed at the magnitude where 100s of bodies pile up every week, there would be no one left alive to work jobs, keeping the city running.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
24. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 16:41 Acleacius

Task wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:35:
Also everyone is saying this is going to F2P, I'm sure it will. But what I don't get is people saying that it would be BETTER as a F2P, but how?

Why would I play an Elder Scrolls game where better gear or something is locked behind microtransactions? I'm sick of the F2P model in games, I really am, I hope it dies out completely in the game industry. That's why I enjoy games like Eve, I pay montly for 1 or 2 months than stop subscription when I don't want to play.
Cause right now as it stands, it's a disaster waiting to happen. Making it F2P such as The Secret World, i.e. buy, then cash shop is for fluff (custom clothes (one of the best things about TSW), pets and mounts), not to win.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 11:00 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:38:
Julio wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:35:
Sometimes people forget their humanity when they make the big bucks.

There are at least two things at work.

1. While 1% of the population are psychopaths, it's estimated that up to 4% of CEOs are. I think AOL hit the jackpot with this guy.

2. Being richer makes you less empathetic.
Not mention the sociopathic nature of corporate capitalism's, profit at the expense of society and humanity.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2014, 20:11 Acleacius

Beamer wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 17:07:
Eh. I'm sure, to the devs, the game is more about humans than zombies. Allowing co-op would be like allowing someone to play Mario Brothers, but the goombas would fight alongside you and take out any koopa troopers.
Riiiight! Hahaha_no

Panickd wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 18:32:
But you can play that way with your friends already. It's just that everyone on the server may not be playing the same way as you are. And given that the zombies aren't even in the game yet what would you be doing in a "coop" server? Sight seeing without the risk of being shot? Not really much of a game. Even when the namesake zeds get added in they'll undoubtedly be just as ineffective at stopping players as they were in the mod. The only thing that made them dangerous in the mod was the glitchy way in which they spawned.

Given how well the game has been selling I doubt the developers have any interest in increasing the uptake right now. But I bet you that once they finish it there will be numerous mods out there that will do what you're looking for.
Your still arguing about a choice, no one is forcing you to play. If you don't understand or appreciate Coop, why debate it's choice? Sounds like there's lots of things to do, when your not getting ganked! Backstab Biting

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2014, 16:31 Acleacius

Panickd wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 12:15:
That's not what DayZ is about though. The game has some major flaws but forcing a coop playstyle would rob the game of all of it's tension and that's thin as it is. Wasteland was all about the coop and racing to get to the randomly dropped resources before the other groups. DayZ was (and is) all about collecting everything you need to keep yourself alive only to randomly stumble across some asshat who shoots you on sight and takes all your stuff so you have to start all over again. If you don't enjoy that you probably shouldn't be playing DayZ.
My whole point, was allow one minor option, to increase sales by at least 40%. How do you see the word "force" from, "allow an option on the server"? Translation issue?

I agree Panickd, with you and Dagnamit the zombs aren't ready yet, but that's the whole point of alpha/beta. No one is forcing you to join a Coop server. What the developer is doing is saying, this is my sandbox, play "my way" or you can't play.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 9, 2014, 11:05 Acleacius

Here's a link in case any of you want to support on Greenlight.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2014, 11:03 Acleacius

DayZ is a force to be reckoned with, too bad they ignore at least 40% of potential customers. Clearly a large percentage, possibly a majority want Coop options for servers. I can't think of a single instance where pvp is the majority, when there is a choice, mmogs for example.

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
11. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 15:47 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:36:
Dying Light 'seems' to be better fleshed out of the original concept and less broken, but that is yet to be determined.

They had that chance with Riptide, and it was a fucking disaster.
I agree Riptide sucked. The thing that made Dead Island so important, it was the turning point of Coop RPGs. They will obviously will never be hard core RPGs, but we can sure the hell expect better than diablo. Done right it's a better choice in many cases, than being forced to play another crap mmog, just to hang out with gaming friends.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
21. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 15:33 Acleacius

Headbang  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2014, 18:28 Acleacius

They needed to show a loss on the balance sheet in 2014, but don't like giving to Women's Shelters and Food Banks?  

News Comments > Two Witcher 3 Developers Depart
5. Re: Two Witcher 3 Developers Depart Feb 6, 2014, 16:11 Acleacius

Good maybe they will make real RPGs where it's about the player and player choices, not forced to play someone else, then take sides based on false narrative.  

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
13. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 6, 2014, 16:00 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 04:59:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 02:24:
Venetica is a finished released game from Europe, but hasn't been released in the US yet (well afaik). I'm guessing it's something to do with contract disputes or maybe bankruptcy issues, economy has been a bitch.

DTP, the maker of that game, has gone bankrupt in 2012 right near the release of Venetica in Germany ;p That aside, it's also a completely shit game.
Thanks for the infos, though I disagree with it being complete shit.

10. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 6, 2014, 02:24 Acleacius

Venetica is a finished released game from Europe, but hasn't been released in the US yet (well afaik). I'm guessing it's something to do with contract disputes or maybe bankruptcy issues, economy has been a bitch.  

7. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 6, 2014, 00:16 Acleacius

Anyone give us an update on Venetica, why it's been almost a year since it was Greenlighted and still no release?

Thanks

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
24. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 15:12 Acleacius

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 12:38:
Uplay is pretty non-invasive after you login the first time, it just automatically launches and runs in the background once you start to play the game. It at least provides some services for Far Cry 3 including the social challenge missions, but you can always choose to run it in offline mode. ...
I do have mine set to Offline, it still forces me to log into uplay. Then the pcrap even pops up a prompt, every time I quit the game, to tell me thanks for playing.

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
14. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 12:19 Acleacius

uplay was the only thing, giving me second thoughts about SPSoT.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:20:
Maybe cause I am just getting up - but how is that sticking it to UPlay? Lots of games don't use it.
ubi has been forcing it on games even on Steam, so we are forced to double login. Far Cry 3 is the only ubi game with this service crap service, I couldn't refuse to buy. Nor do they seem to give achievements to Steam.

Did you know it even forces you to install punkbuster, without your knowledge or permission even if your only playing, single player. Not only does it not tell you it was installed, when you uninstall Far Cry 3, it leaves it installed on your system.

3541 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo