Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3543 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series
24. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 20, 2012, 23:41 Acleacius

mellis wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 21:34:
It still bothers me how little $4 million is for developing a AAA game.....
One of us misunderstands Kickstarter. Afaik it's not intended to be fully funded by Kickstarter. Kickstarter was intended as the additional help they needed to make the game.

Additionally this is obviously not their only source of income. Iirc they are working on at least two, quite possibly three other titles for publishers. If these guys don't know what it takes or have to skills, heart and soul to build their OWN IP franchise, then no one can do it. It's really that simple, they are some of the most experienced RPG makers in the world.

Let's just hope it's not something as ridiculous as dragons turning everyone into zombies....err zombiespawn...darkzombies?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 20, 2012, 02:05 Acleacius

Alpha Protocol 75% off on Steam $4.99 US, 10 hours left.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > GOG.com's Interplay Sale
14. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 20, 2012, 00:08 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 00:00:
First 8. Its tiered with those choices locked in.

Its designed specifically so the better more well known games like fallout and mdk require you to spend the $35.
Too bad, thanks Dev.

News Comments > GOG.com's Interplay Sale
12. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 20, 2012, 00:00 Acleacius

It's not real clear, if you pick *Pay What You Want* do you get to choose any 8 games or just the first 8?

Thanks

News Comments > Quoteworthy
17. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 19, 2012, 23:50 Acleacius

ea shovels and millions eat.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed?
16. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 16:30 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 08:48:
@ nin I'm really surprised your not enjoying Dishonored as much. Unless it's just the Coop you miss, then I totally understand.

I'm enjoying it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the open world, do quests however you want structure of BL. They're both good, but structured differently, and immediately going from one to the other is a bit of a change, at first.
Speaking of shock, I just tried to play Deus Ex 3 after a couple of games and had to quit. Game play is just so much better, think I start a new game.

My biggest problem is the Bone Charms. Why oh, why didn't they use the same design as the Runes. I.e. list of charms characteristics on a character sheet. Then you spend your found charms on your chosen playstyle path. As it stands now you could be a stealth, ghost, no kill player and be stuck getting adrenaline based charms. Bleh.

With no console it's a huge pain to fix, this broken design.

News Comments > Project Eternity Did Pass $4M
12. Re: Project Eternity Did Pass $4M Oct 17, 2012, 23:27 Acleacius

Told ya, Blue!  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed?
5. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 23:25 Acleacius

Never understood why, knowing an achievement is a spoiler or is a trophy different. Seen many games listed on GameFAQs, for example where a listing of achievements for a game is listed as a cheat.

Afaik the only game that achievements actually effect game play was Alpha Protocol.

Would BL2 be considered a very good single player game? I'm still on the fence about getting it. Most of the good things I've heard have been based off of it being Coop.

@ nin I'm really surprised your not enjoying Dishonored as much. Unless it's just the Coop you miss, then I totally understand.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 Acleacius

Logged in for 5 min, late last night and we still can't even Preview in TP, ridiculous.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes
6. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 12:08 Acleacius

I was under the impression they made it with PayPal, which counts in Obsidian's eyes as far as goals being reached and implemented in game.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
12. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 22:10 Acleacius

Voted for Venetica and Frayed Knights, guess they were from a previous list I missed.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer
33. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 21:00 Acleacius

Too bad, it looks like even Irrational got forced into multiplayer by 2k. ea did it to ME3, now bookies are taking odds on DA3 multiplayer.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached
12. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 20:35 Acleacius

Too bad they don't allow a payment plan over the course of a year, as nonprofits such as NPR. Even if someone didn't make their full pledge, Obsidian could just set them in the closest tier based on how much they did pay. Then all the ones that do meet their pledge, it's all gravy. They could double if not triple their intake funding.

Or they could let new people donate as contributors before release. Since so many will start hearing and seeing more about the game as time goes on.

23. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 04:21 Acleacius

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 22:34:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 15:39:
GOOD. Not every game needs multiplayer. Fuck EA for pushing that load of bollocks...
EA have NOTHING to do with Metro. Get it right! it's THQ.
He's referring to games like ME3.

14. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 13, 2012, 20:39 Acleacius

Excellent, loved the world, atmosphere, acting and story. Of course the console focus of gameplay and lack of freeform saves, hurt it considerably.

Instead of publishers, jerking us around with dlc, why not just make an expansion to add coop in six months after release.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 10, 2012, 06:00 Acleacius

Dishonored might be so good no one has time to post!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. You Canít Play Hero Oct 10, 2012, 01:04 Acleacius

Say what....I'm so tempted to call bs, on this guy.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 10, 2012, 00:08 Acleacius

Ok where's my dlc pet, Hitgirl!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 15:38 Acleacius

Wow, just amazing, thanks so much for the wonderful 16 years of gaming news excellence, Blue! Salute Party  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 12:30 Acleacius

Two possible GOTY contenders released on the same day? Faint

Surprised Dishonored doesn't have a release article.

3543 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo