Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3597 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2012, 17:17 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 12:58:
ugh, Now Max Payne 3 is freezing during those stupid cut scenes....wtf. Nothing in forums, etc is helping. Fuckit. Back to Call of Duty....
I seriously wish you good luck with it. Imo, it's a disaster. They killed the lore with the story and the gameplay with the cutscenes.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer
5. Re: No BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Nov 26, 2012, 10:54 Acleacius

Good news, never thought it would work on consoles very well anyway.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2012, 18:16 Acleacius

Too bad Dishonored didn't make top 10, though it really hasn't been 50% very long or lower like so many of the other games on the list. Wonder how the 11 - 20 list looks, surely it's in the range.  

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 18:01 Acleacius

NigerianRoyalty wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:00:
Erm... Cliffski =/= CliffyB
Opps. Wrong person but still completely disagree.

This is about fans, not about corporations exploiting customers for the bottom line.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 18:06.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 17:54 Acleacius

No wonder epic got so fucked up, with him running development. Also shows why he should never develop games, ever again.

Kickstarter is nothing like when you sold out to ms, to help destroy PC Coop gaming. Kickstarter is much better than you will ever be, mr b.

News Comments > On Sale
54. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 10:58 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 10:11:
There's a BIG ms store $10 sale:
link with links....
Great find, thanks Dev. Any idea if we get a code we can use on Steam? Personally I really don't want another proprietary system.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 11:26.

News Comments > On Sale
53. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 10:49 Acleacius

Wanted to keep this in it's own post so people who haven't completed Dishonored can avoid it. Just don't even bother looking until you complete the game. This would be of no use to first time player, because you wouldn't know what you need or want. SERIOUSLY.

One of the more frustrating issues is not being able to get the Bone Charms you want for your intended playstyle. There is a solution but it's a bit painful, since BCs are not setup like Runes. Bone Charms are spawned/created on Level Creation. This means if you Save your game BEFORE you start a new area/zone (has to be a first time level load) you can replay an area till you get the BC you want. This can be extremely frustrating if there is a non skippable cutscene. Wall so avoid this unless you are Hardcore Hardheaded.

A good example is the Distillery on the first visit (actually good for second visit too). Save before entering the zone, then just Stealth/Blink on the roof to the right building, then across the pipe, drop down and make your way to the back where the BC is waiting up on a shelf. It takes me less than 3 min to stealth back to it, since I know the timing. The 2nd trip here, is non hostile so even easier to get the BC, just save before entering.

Some zones contain 2 or 3 BCs so, I will stealth run to all 3 and decide if they are worth it. There is one BC you can Save right in front of it and if it's not what you want, just Quick Load. It's the only one in the game spawned on the spot, not zone creation. Since there are about 35 BCs, every time you get one it increases the odds next time, getting the one you want.

As a Ghost, No Kill player, with added challenge of No Hostile Standing, my main choices:
Spiritual Pool
Swift Shadow
Undertaker
Strong Arm
Fleet Fighter
Rat Scent

The obviously negative impact is you spend 30 minutes or more getting what you want. The benefit is the sooner you get what you want, the more time you have to play the game, the way you want.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 11:05.

News Comments > On Sale
50. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 08:55 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 22:37:
Seriously, I can't imagine anyone NOT liking it

I played for like thirty minutes and it didn't grab me (so i went back to borderlands). The opening of the game was something awful.
It does have a slow start in the story sense and the several Live Action Cutscenes prevent skipping. Annoyed

It excels at Freeform Gameplay and if you like Steampunk, you be happy once you get control back after the opening scene.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 08:34 Acleacius

Noticed Levi's Online has 30% off and Free Shipping at $75, through Sunday.  

News Comments > On Sale
34. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 19:10 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:59:
Don't bother with the deluxe version. Get the regular one. There is literally nothing in the deluxe version that's worth paying money for.

Creston
Agreed, that $42 coupon deal is sweet.

News Comments > On Sale
33. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 19:08 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:48:
Anyway, how is Dishonored? Seriously? Is is any good? What's it like? Thief? Bioshock? Is it really consolized?
Seriously good, almost great. Thief?...check...Deus Ex?...check...Bioshock?...check...Half-Life?...check. Ain't that enough for you mister fancy pants!

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 17:59 Acleacius

Thief Collection $6.74
Best price I've seen to date for all three.

pathetic ea still hasn't released a ME2 complete package, it's been a couple of years and the 3rd game released.

Never bought or used any Gems in GW2 but did the Inventory Expanded (per toon) slot 400 gems and Bank Expanded (account wide) slot 600 gems come down in price or is this Black Friday deals? I seem to remember them being 600 and 800 respectively, in the past.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2012, 18:09.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 16:07 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 13:20:
Ok is it me or are the Steam Flash Sale timers going nuts? It was set so 1 set had 1 time, and the other the same, but earlier today it was all sorts of nuts and the Fable 3 sale had 2 hours to go is now back up over 3 1/2 hours.
Top 3 Flash titles are about 3 hours ahead of the bottom 3 titles. Iirc, each title stays on Flash for 6 hours, after 3 hours they move up to the top bar.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 15:41 Acleacius

Bioshock Dual Pack $4.99

Batman Arkham Action Pack [Download] $9.99

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Video
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Video Nov 22, 2012, 02:53 Acleacius

Defiantly looking forward to DOS!  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 14:39 Acleacius

Happy Birthday Blue! Cake

STEAM sale has begun, Flash sales are only lasting a couple of hours.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 06:31 Acleacius

Gratz to you and Blue, nin and any of you guys and gals!

Hang in there, this is the toughest time of year. Apples are in season and a great snack food. Eat'um an hour before meals or as often as you want with NO ill side effect. Well, unless of course your allergic or intolerant. Personally I love Fuju apples, crispy sweet and tarty just like my women, well if I could afford some women!

Forum Server was down for me too.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 17:33 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:37:
I seem to have the metabolism of a runner, in spite of being amazingly sedentary.

I envy you. In addition to getting older, I also take some meds that are known for slowing metabolism. Having said that, I've lost about 25-30 pounds this year, and I'm down to about 220-225. I've eaten more healthy in the last 6 months than I have my entire life, and it's actually not bad.

Gratz to you and Blue, nin and any of you guys and gals!

Hang in there, this is the toughest time of year. Apples are in season and a great snack food. Eat'um an hour before meals or as often as you want with NO ill side effect. Well, unless of course your allergic or intolerant. Personally I love Fuju apples, crisp and tarty just like my women, well if I could afford some women!

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
73. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 20, 2012, 10:06 Acleacius

The only way is to treat rockstar the way we treat companies like ea and ubi, to name a few. Fight back, stop buying their games. Yes, this means their console games.  

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
71. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 20, 2012, 06:21 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 18:04:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 16:15:
If it's true their games only sell a couple hundred thousand PC copies on Steam....then it's true their games suck donkey balls, just like the management.

Indie games without PR, sell more.
I dont think thats true, isn't it usually one of the highest games played in GFWL?
I was responding to someone's comment saying "They only sold a couple hundred thousand copies" as one of the main reasons they were not going to port it. I should have quoted it, but read 10 or 20 posts afterwards and forgot.

I would have thought they sold many more, so I was being flippant about rockstar. Honestly never play their games or keep up with them, becasue of the way they treat customers.

3597 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo