Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3639 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs
9. Re: PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs Feb 27, 2013, 09:51 Acleacius

No longer the wicked stepchild locked in the basement, now we're just the black-sheep of the family! Hug  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Playstation 2 Emulator version 1.0 now Feb 26, 2013, 15:52 Acleacius

Really hoping I can get this up and working. I almost bought a freaking console (ps2) this week, for the first time in more than 20 years of gaming <bleh>. Decided that Summoner 2 and Drakan 2 probably won't get ported in the next 10 years, if my life time. I reasoned after all this time, my purchase wouldn't amount to a hill of beans. Wonder if the coding team realizes they have saved the virginity of at least one gamer.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2013, 12:17 Acleacius

Fair warning to anyone, who's head explodes about a Huffington Post link, don't click it.

Talk about a classic Oscars picture, to last at least until eternity!
Jennifer Lawrence Gives Middle Finger Backstage

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2013, 11:52 Acleacius

Count me in, good to hear about Christopher Waltz and Quentin.

Argo was just average, especially compared to Silver Linings Playbook. SLP was pretty hard for me to watch though, due to the mental illnesses it portrayed so well.

The only thing that annoyed me about SLP was why did the *Big Move* have to stand out so much. Jennifer Lawrence was very good in SLP, which didn't surprise me after seeing her in Winter's Bone. She's been really down to earth and funny in RL interviews, not to mention gorgeous to look at.

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
32. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 21, 2013, 20:01 Acleacius

Soooo glad Planet Vampire was taken over by the fans!  

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: System Shock 2 Modification Guide Feb 21, 2013, 01:12 Acleacius

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:14:
Study: Gamers have more control over their dreams…

It's kind of weird because I used to have lucid dreams all the time and I would also have super powers (mostly telekinesis), but now when I have lucid dreams I try to use those super powers and they don't work.
Happens. It's not you. Back in the day, we had issues super powers could solve. Now super powers can't fix, the issues.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans
14. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 07:51 Acleacius

Sempai wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 06:42:
Now allow us to play coop in the single player game. DUH!
Hell ya and an editor while their at it, because if they can't fix, we sure the hell can! Allthumbsup

13. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 07:48 Acleacius

Ok, no clue how you guys are interrupting my post as wanting FC2 system in FC3. Either I suck at posting or you guys just woke up.

I'm saying there is STILL too much spawning. If you have to drive 2 seconds in FC2 but in FC3 you have to drive 8 seconds, I don't see that as completely redone, correctly.

Secondly I mentioned the fact that an *Encounter* can easily lead to up to six spawns. Each spawn happening before you even get to loot the previous kills. I.e. Encounter, 2 pirates in a jeep, stop to kill them, go to loot them, another jeep shows up with 3 pirates, kill them, go to loot them, another jeep pulls up..... Ad nauseam.

I don't see how this is better or believable, you may fell differently.

9. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 04:39 Acleacius

I really liked they tried a adult themed storyline, too bad it didn't get flushed out. There should have been more missions, related to his friends once Jason finds them, along the lines of Daisy. The open world model works great as a shooter and the game is graphically beautiful. Yet the Save System and UI are almost abject failures. What kind of idiot would design a UI, where you constantly have to hit the Escape 5+ times just to get back into the game?

One thing I don't understand and it annoys the hell out of me. How can a game developer get universally maligned over a design decision in their last game and instead of learning from it, DO IT AGAIN? The most common criticism I've read about FC2 was the constant spawning/respawning, stealing the sense of accomplishment and believability.

In FC 3 it doesn't seem to matter difficulty or story stage. You drive up on an ambush/road block (or even a foot patrol) by the time you take them down and before you can even loot them, here they come. First one, then a second, third, fourth....and up to six. I'm not freaking kidding. Literally after finishing the tutorial (i.e. freeing the first base) and reaching a roadblock, there are no less then six vehicles. It can happen anywhere, anytime on any difficulty and not because you're hanging around, there isn't even time to loot.

As gamers we really need to find out which Designers approve idiotic things like the UI, Save System and Respawning to publicly shame these pricks. Apparently that's the only thing that will work.

There are mods at Nexus, if anyone is interested. Sadly ubisoft is involved so isn't as mod friendly as a Bethesda game. If you've completed the game once before a good compilation mod is Swartz mod Compilation.

Edit: Btw has anyone found the starting village where Grant gets killed? I've found Liza's building and the Well with the Brick (ends with the helicopter getting shot down). Secondly has anyone found a way to get 1500xp bonus during the Tutorial, freeing the first base?

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 05:00.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
23. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 21:29 Acleacius

Jones told them. "We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game -- almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to."
Moronic or arrogantly asinine? You decide, cause I can't.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer
16. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 15:36 Acleacius

Hope it's great but something just doesn't feel right after that trailer. The way the developer acted like he was so excited about the game he just peed himself.

The camera view is ridiculous.

News Comments > Blood Revival Shelved
23. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 16, 2013, 15:29 Acleacius

atari did we mention, you suuck?

Nothing should be a higher priority for Monolith, than NOLF 3!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 3 Patched
10. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 13:08 Acleacius

Yikes, another game ubsoft forces punkbuster into.  

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
17. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 13:27 Acleacius

A pig just flew past my window!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 12, 2013, 10:38 Acleacius

Love the idea of Tagging designers and mocking their shitty design decisions in public. Bonus points for cleverly attaching their name to specific bad design! Bloodthirsty  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 10:27 Acleacius

They canceled Aliens RPG for this crap...Bastards! Middlefinger  

News Comments > BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards
11. Re: BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards Feb 12, 2013, 07:40 Acleacius

Sad about what's happened over the years but they deserve it overall.

The scary part is I'm not sure how much would be different even if riccitiello's borderline-legal (the word 'legal' is being used loosely here), corporate takeover maneuvers. Bioware seemed all too willing to lower quality for consoles over the years.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 11, 2013, 07:11 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 17:24:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 17:09:
Played Skyrim last night for about 5 hours - only level 26 and it says I have only done 8 core missions in 60 hours. haahahahah I have a lot of fun clearing out stuff, selling, crafting, talking with peeps, exploring....hell, I dont' even need a main storyline! hahahah
Generally thats the way I play games like that too. Thats how ppl like us get hundreds of hours in those kinda games
Same here, to bad Bethesda doesn't take a lesson from Dead Island, Coop! Party2

Btw thanks for the tip about Unread Books, it will make a great addition. I also use a skill book mod which offers a choice whether to read now or save it.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2013, 09:09 Acleacius

Damn you guys and gals have gone from Blue to WHITE! Keep your toes by the fire and Cognac in your bellies!  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 07:56 Acleacius

Baton down the hatches at the Blue Tower and the whole east coast, all you guys and gals be safe!

This is just a link to HuffPo, if your allergic please don't click.
NEMO COMETH

3639 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo