Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3567 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
4. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 12, 2012, 21:07 Acleacius

Yeah, it will be multiplayer only and require a constant connection like diablo III: Dead to the World.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
21. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 11:55 Acleacius

Douche bags.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 01:58 Acleacius

Please stop wasting your brain cells.

Jill Kelley, the woman who received emails from Broadwell that prompted her to alert FBI, reportedly works as a State Department military liaison.

According to the Washington Post, the woman was "frightened" for her safety and contacted the FBI for protection. The Post describes the emails as "threatening."

The New York Times reported that the woman's complaint led the FBI to learn of Petraeus' affair. According to the Times, officials decided to investigate Broadwell and stumbled upon emails that revealed the relationship.

Broadwell is an expert on military affairs and the author of a biography on Petraeus. She is married with two children and lives in Charlotte, N.C.

Petraeus is married to Holly Petraeus, who is the assistant director of service-member affairs at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

MSNBC broke the news of the affair, and Petraeus' decision to resign as CIA Director, on Friday.

According to the New York Times, some senior members of Congress were alerted of the news several hours before the story broke. White House officials knew as early as Wednesday night.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 10, 2012, 21:35 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 10:50:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 03:52:
Yes, iirc they lose all rights at the end of the year.

Fuck I'll drink to that!

edit: I'm assuming you mean interplay, and not gog.
Yes and just for Fallout series, iirc.

Thought it was a story covered here after the lawsuit was settled. Something along the lines of interplay only being able to sell the existing Fallout packages until the end of the year. Then they lose the Fallout rights, completely to Bethesda.

Not sure how this will effect GOG, honestly. Even if Bethesda stops selling Fallout on GOG, we should be able to keep out current versions there.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 10, 2012, 03:52 Acleacius

Yes, iirc they lose all rights at the end of the year.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
3. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:19 Acleacius

Damn I'm glad I never bothered with this bullshit game, a camera view mod? They can go f*themselves.  

News Comments > BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic
35. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 9, 2012, 08:06 Acleacius

ea is like an incurable disease, luckily it's one we can choose, not to be infected by.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diary
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 9, 2012, 07:59 Acleacius

Of course, I'm tempted by the premise of the pve coop. Sadly, the weakness of most Elder Scrolls is combat, not sure how this is going to be different.  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced
3. Re: Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced Nov 8, 2012, 01:59 Acleacius

Damn, thought it said Dead State announcement.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 21:10 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 16:45:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 05:21:
It was big mistake to not allow a neutral path between the Stormcloaks and Imperials to reconcile. It's not hard to figure out who the real enemy is, why treat the NPCs and players as stupid, not offer it. Locking us out of doing quests without committing to a side, bad design, wtf.

Bethesda where bad writing is prevalent.

That is what multiple playthroughs is for.
True! It's just the writing is so bad, it causes dizziness.

If it wasn't for all the great mods and editor, doubt I would spend half of the time playing in ES series. Just speaking of the Stormcloaks (Imperials are as bad). Why would I want to kill people who, just want control of their own destiny. On the other hand why would I help a bunch of racists kill a very much needed ally.

Now if there was a neutral path, wouldn't mind repeating it every playthrough. Especially if it didn't treat us like complete idiots. A lot of peeps like playing good or bad or both. I really only like good and neutral. I hate being forced to take a side, when I wouldn't take it in real life or it makes no sense.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
11. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 3, 2012, 18:07 Acleacius

FYI, there's a Hotfix for the Library level version 8.4.

It's talked about in the main thread, if your interested.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased
24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 18:03 Acleacius

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 14:13:
If the TP keeps you from enjoying a game, you're probably doing it wrong.
Got an example, I really didn't say that and did actually say why it's an issue? If you've got something specific, I'd be glad to hear it.

It didn't seem to difficult too, level to 80 in 30 days. Maybe your playing too many different toons at once or not doing enough events. There are approximately 3 zones for every 10 levels. After level 25 or so I started doing all 3 zones for a range (30 to 40). I'm still in the 65 to 70 zones at 78.90 level. So I still have about 6 full zones left. Plenty of XP.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 3, 2012, 17:40 Acleacius

Another positive review for Dishonored. Can't help but hope it gets enough good press for them to get more leeway on a follow up (budget related). Defiantly not a perfect game but it shines brightly, in many areas. I can't help thinking they visualized too far ahead at the ending.

Don't look, if you haven't finished the game, seriously.
I really hate when a good game, closes any future of NPCs or Avatars when they are written well enough to cause players to want more depth. Mafia was guilty of this too, killing off almost the whole worthy list of NPCs.

As far as I can tell (afaict) it's why sitcoms are successful whether on cable or network, build characters which fans can relate, to form either positive or negative bonds.

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 13:53 Acleacius

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 10:54:
Dyes have a color preview.
I dont really know what the problem is. If youre close to level 80, you have seen most armor looks anyway. Theres not much choice. If you liked your old armor so much, why didnt you keep it? You can even use transformed items to transfer their looks to the next one. Paying a few silver really isnt an issue at level 78. Honestly, I dont like the looks of most high level items, so I need to transform them in any case.
But generally, I agree that tehre should be a preview, I just dont understand how this keeps you from playing.
Dyes are multispectruim, there is absolutely no way to know what they will look like with small solid color popup. Maybe I wasn't clear, I did keep my original unless I got a better drop or lucky, blind buying. It has nothing to do with paying a few silver, as I mentioned it's about being forced to spend 15g blind. Transmutation stones are common if you do map completes. It's about being forced to blind buy and if something isn't right we are forced to sell it back.

Sure I've seen lots of armor, but there are about 10 different armors every 10 levels for every class. However unless this has been patched, we can't Inspect other players armor, iirc.

The reason I'm not playing is because if I start another toon the same thing will happen. It's ridiculous now for more than 2 months and we can't Preview Armor, Dyes or Weapons before spending 90% of our gold at the TP. It won't be any better the second toon, in fact it would be worst. As a level 80 you can make more gold, than a lowbie toon, not to mention the limited inventory space. Which is much worst at the lower the level for trash, but needed gold.

They already put us through hell the first month, with the TP being down most of the first two weeks. The content will be there, no reason to keep being tortured while the game is still broken. You do realize the Preview works everywhere else including every merchant. Well unless something changed since I've played. We don't spend 90% of our loot everywhere else, just the TP.

@ Fion, thanks for the tip, GTK. The first month was pretty barren, glad sites are starting to popup.

@ OpticNerve, thanks for the linkage.

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 10:38 Acleacius

True but that's sort of the point. You can't even see what other items look like to change it too, unless you buy them sight unseen too. For example my Elementalist had a sort of school girl starter outfit, which I've basically kept the look all the way to 78 (in theory up 80). Unless I found a better looking drop or have gotten lucky when blindly buying upgrade gear.

She has been sitting at level 78 (90% to 79) for a month. Because I know my level 80 gear is going to be expensive and I don't have a clue how they will look. At a minimum I will be spending 15 gold, now maybe you guys have that to throw around but this is my first (main I guess) toon.

Obviously this doesn't even get into buying a good Dyes, which are 2g to 6g each. Why shouldn't we be able to see what we are buying before spending 15g, probably more. Why is that too much to ask in GW2.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 05:21 Acleacius

It was big mistake to not allow a neutral path between the Stormcloaks and Imperials to reconcile. It's not hard to figure out who the real enemy is, why treat the NPCs and players as stupid, not offer it. Locking us out of doing quests without committing to a side, bad design, wtf.

Bethesda where bad writing is prevalent.

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 00:47 Acleacius

I really had fun playing the game and was looking forward to getting several toons to eighty. Now I've gotten so frustrated in the fact we still can't preview in the TP, haven't played in a month. Cry

Ninety percent of the money we spend is in the TP. It's so stupid we can't see an armor piece or weapon or dye, without buying it first. Obviously it gets worst the higher the level, where each item costs at least one gold and at most several hundred. If it's not what we wanted, then we are forced to turn around and sell it. Hoping someone else is stupid enough (just as we were) to buy it without seeing it.

10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 2, 2012, 04:02 Acleacius

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 04:47:
I played Malkavian my first time through this game without any experience with this specific set of RPG rules... It was AWESOME. I remember having full-on conversations with inanimate objects, like a stop sign.
It's not the rules, for the Malkavian as I mentioned. It's the understanding the choices since it uses favor/factional scores. I would be completely surprised (I'm using the most pleasant word) if ANY one could play the Malkavian with no experience to get Jeanette and Threse to Reconcile. Actually I might use the word impossible.

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 06:44:
I am impressed they are still at it... but that's all

No amount of new content is gonna make me replay... that's assuming it even runs on Windows 7 with latest drivers (for me, it didn't)
I'm surprised there are hundreds if not thousands of players since the Steam release, who've been a big help trouble shooting problems. Not only does it run well in Win7 (I'm using 64bit) the Highrez patch kicks ass. Guess it could be a video card or mulitprocessor issue. Hard to know without more info but the offical forums are what I call busy. Especially compared to the first five years we worked on it, not to mention Steam forums.

7. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 1, 2012, 02:01 Acleacius

One of the best RPGs ever and in most top ten lists. Troika made an amazing distinct cast of NPCs, voice talent, dialog, music and animation. There is essentially a tutorial and six acts, including four city hubs, a Confrontation and a Resolution. Each of the six acts is about 16% of the game and tutorial is about 4%.

There is an overly long sewer run and gun at the end of the third hub MQ (5%). Think of it as three levels, which you can exit and restock after each level. During the final Resolution two factions must be taken out (10%), since they don't play nice with each other. All in all the forced combat only accounts for about 15% of the game. Includes six possible endings, iirc.

Iirc, in the first city/hub there is only one SQ with a fight related to Kuei-jin you can't talk or sneak past. You don't have to do any quest except the MQ to progress to the next city/hub. You can wait to do any SQ after you build up some skills. In the second hub no fights in the MQ, a couple unavoidable in SQ.

Obviously you need the put points in the appropriate skills whether it be Persuade, Intimidate, Seduce, Sneak or Obfuscate. If you don't know about WoD vampires, don't pick Nosferatu (can't been seen in public for the most part) or Malkavian (won't understand the dialog choices). Though these two are the only ones with Obfuscate. Sneak skill is very powerful but can be seen through as can Obfuscate with high level enemy Auspex (sight).

3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 20:38 Acleacius

Thanks for all the hard work, amazing the Library is finally here! Party2  

3567 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo