Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3695 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Announced
8. Re: 7 Days to Die Announced May 17, 2013, 13:20 Acleacius

Looks promising.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 17, 2013, 09:52 Acleacius

Anyone tried this for Steam or is there a better method?
Finally! A method to DELETE files stored in Steam Cloud servers!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 17, 2013, 09:42 Acleacius

Wondering if covello has ties to intel/nvidia and/or this is just strait up fraud.

The SEC financial budget has been slashed so much, the ratio of Cases to Staff is astronomical. There is virtually no chance of getting investigated (think world wide bank fraud, almost crashing world economy) much less getting prosecuted and imprisoned if guilty.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 16, 2013, 22:15 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on May 16, 2013, 21:18:
The only 2 MMOs that have got crafting right so far are UO and EQ2 so I hope they're taking a page from those.
You try Vanguard crafting, most thought it was an improvement from EQ2? At least to me, almost everything was better in Vanguard, except EQ2 was actually a finished product.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 16, 2013, 20:58 Acleacius

Still looks like the original Mass Effect still doesn't not include all all/both DLC. Not to mention ME2 doesn't come close to including all content.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization May 16, 2013, 20:23 Acleacius

It's hard to pass up Google Glasses with the two Preorder DLC apps Nightvision and Infravision.

It's bullshit that Xrayvision DLC isn't included and we have to pay extra for it. It's just another corporate money grab, they know everyone will pay extra. Bastards! Glasses2

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
47. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 17:25 Acleacius

Ray Ban wrote on May 15, 2013, 16:16:
Jason Rubin on 4A Games

I think they deserve a break ...
Wow, that's shocking and really wish they would have been honest about it. It's not like we lack empathy, we are reacting to the information in the story, the information THEY gave us. There's nothing wrong with honesty, all 4A had to do was be honest about it.

"We lost heating in our small office and only have cushionless steel chairs. Also one of our guys lost his apartment to a mafia type who drove up with 3 armored vehicles and gave him an ultimatum to get out in 24 hours. We need another week or two to get PC FOV correct."

See ^^^^^^^...people would have probably started sending them money.

@HoSpanky
You can say "they should just make it right", but if they have to actually rework animations for every possible FOV setting....that's unrealistic.
That's overly broad and incorrect, each animation for every possible FOV is not how it's done.

26. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 12:25 Acleacius

Techie714 © wrote on May 15, 2013, 11:35:
You people bitch so much about trivial things...Wait this is Blues..Nevermind..lol
Yes being able to play a game you paid $50 without getting sick is trivial! The whole reason developers cut the FOV is to MAKE people feel claustrophobic, which makes people sick.

A cheap horror movie effect like zooming in really close to a face/person. Then, something extremely obvious in normal sight, seems to pop out of nowhere. Since it violates normal sight and perception it's inept design, just like constantly respwaning mobs.

Personally it doesn't make me sick but the fraudulent design breaks scene and world immersion.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 15, 2013, 11:26 Acleacius

Wow, Warren Spector has feelings, who knew?

HOW DARE, game developers have to look at Metacritic to achieve specific PROFIT BASED sales, based on functionality preferences of customers!

I say we all call up publishers providing funding and DEMAND they no longer use/require profit based metrics like Metacritic! Warren has legitmate feelings, unlike customers, who spend money.

16. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 11:02 Acleacius

nin wrote on May 15, 2013, 09:16:
Game performance is also tied to FOV - the amount of geometric detail we put in each scene has been partly determined by this set FOV, and setting a wider FOV would have a performance impact.

At least they're honest.

Damn, I was going to stay the complete opposite! These guys are way too smart to NOT know, FOV adjustablity is a known, known, since it affects user health. Secondly the fact that use "Game performance is also tied to FOV" shows their full of crap. Everyone (ok that's a bit of an exaggeration..80% without a doubt) who uses FOV adjustments know it effects performance. It's putting more or less graphic calculations on the screen. Users actually edit config files to effect the game performance in the first place.

Hence these guys released the Hud in beta condition. Actually they should have fixed it in alpha, so I'm giving them WAY more credit than they deserve.

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month
8. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month May 15, 2013, 00:03 Acleacius

Even though I actually had fun, liked and played Rift, the lore actually does suck, though I could be forgetting something.

At least from the stand point of the darkside (whatever...have to look it up...Defiant) it's really dumb. In the lore (unless they change it from release) the Defiant are turning the population into zombies to fight the Guardians which we learn from the starting area. Without spending too much time writing this nonsense out, anyone familiar with the plot probably knows how ridiculous this is with the long term goals of the game.

Sadly I was forced to play Definant, since RL friends who talked me into playing the game were probably too drunk or stoned to even be paying attention to the plot.

Yeah, I would play this again too but I'm not really happy with many of the F2P methods. I really think if most mmogs dropped their monthly rate to $5 to $10 for full access it would be much better and cash shops similar to GW2 or just flat out GW2 model.

The corporate douchbags only seem happy with excessive profits. It's why they failed, forcing $15 a month fees for at least 5 years, too long.

News Comments > City of Steam Beta
2. Re: City of Steam Beta May 14, 2013, 14:29 Acleacius

It does look pretty cool, sure hope they do a good job of it!

Found this wiki City of Steam Wiki

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
22. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 23:40 Acleacius

Yeah, it's extremely suspicious design to lock down fov and auto aim. The developers and publisher are basically telling PC gamers to 'go fck ourselves". I've been on the fence about it and as much as I'm interested I'll wait. It's obvious PC gamers did NOT get the "development respect" we deserve based on the obvious financial profits of our platform sales. That's not forgivable and should make any PC gamer wait at least 6 months before they buy it.

50% off sale during the holiday season would run about $25 US even with Ranger Mode included.

Now we just need someone to make a REAL Stalker, since the original developers seem incapable of it, based on their obsession of higher graphic quality at the cost of broken game play design.

Thankfully we finally got a solid Boiling Point/Far Cry, with Far Cry 3. Too damn bad that wingsuit can't get us from tower to tower.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2013, 23:47.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2013, 23:14 Acleacius

I think taxing violent images or messages would be great, then we could collect on about 2500 years of religious violence. This would be each piece of violence, per church, per indecent, per religion!

I feel world wide debt and poverty being eliminated, plus personally richer already.

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
24. Re: Square Enix's May 13, 2013, 19:07 Acleacius

TurdFergasun wrote on May 13, 2013, 16:32:
the bank of canada disagrees(crown owned financial regulatory body) with you. literally: bank of canada mandate:

WHEREAS it is desirable to establish a central bank in Canada to regulate credit and currency in the best interests of the economic life of the nation, to control and protect the external value of the national monetary unit and to mitigate by its influence fluctuations in the general level of production, trade, prices and employment, so far as may be possible within the scope of monetary action, and generally to promote the economic and financial welfare of Canada.
Guess my info is out of date?
Canadian securities regulation
Canadian securities regulation is managed through laws and agencies established by Canada's 13 provincial and territorial governments. Each province and territory has a securities commission or equivalent authority and its own piece of provincial or territorial legislation.

Unlike any other major federation, Canada does not have a securities regulatory authority at the federal government level. Provincial governments began to establish regulatory agencies in 1912 (in Manitoba), and the Privy Council decided in Lymburn and Mayland, [1932] A.C. 318 that such legislation is authorized under the provincial property and civil rights power.

Notwithstanding the lack of a federal regulator, the majority of provincial security commissions operate under a passport system, so that the approval of one commission essentially allows for registration in another province. However, concerns with the system remain. For example, Ontario, Canada’s largest capital market, does not participate in the Passport regime.

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
11. Re: Square Enix's May 13, 2013, 12:20 Acleacius

At the very least this is corporate misfeasance masquerading as "underperforming products" at the worst corporate financial fraud. There's no real reasonable explanation for what they say verses reality.

Canada is one of the, if not the only nation without a national financial securities regulatory system and it might not even matter. In the US we had one of the strongest corporate financial regulation systems for about 40 years. At least till 1980 and now it's been captured by corporate malicious malfeasants.

Here's hoping Canada can stop whatever these Square Enix corporate bosses are doing before they destroy the company.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior "Reimagining" Announced
9. Re: Shadow Warrior May 9, 2013, 23:18 Acleacius

Fantaz wrote on May 9, 2013, 23:12:
Why Shadow Warrior, and not Shogo or Blood?
Pretty sure those are both Disney titles.

I'm surprise Broussard and Miller sold the rights to Shadow Warrior. Any idea if maybe Flying Hog is making this for Broussard and Miller or maybe someone else?

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 9, 2013, 00:24 Acleacius

Avencast: Rise of the Mage 75% off on Steam. Charming little game and independently made, with a megacritic user rating of 83. Well worth $2.49, if you like top down and playing a mage. Good writing, story and art.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
4. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 23:07 Acleacius

Anyone ever figure out who was the exec who officially approved putting the RM AH in the game? Just wondering who I should be ridiculing and mocking for the rest of their lives.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2013, 18:25 Acleacius

sauron wrote on May 7, 2013, 10:31:
...Any advice for mods very welcome - I already installed the improved UI since the original is awful. The game otherwise is fantastic and runs beautifully on my machine - much less of a system hog than Oblivion. It's like playing a movie....
Top 100 on the most popular download site. You have to be logged in to see it, since it contains Adult Content (i.e. nude mods).
Top 100 most endorsed files

3695 Comments. 185 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo