Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3620 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing
36. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 12:08 Acleacius

How can a corporation be so F'ing stupid.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar
34. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 20:53 Acleacius

Iirc, console hackers have been playing the game for at least a week, so I'm guessing User Reviews won't be empty for long.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month
4. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 18:00 Acleacius

Think the big announcement is, their scheme to jack-wank the level capped original players, by taking powers and gold away is working and a HUGE success!

There are tons of testimonials in the announcement too, so you know it's for real and not some phoney baloney marketing pluy... plo... thing. Let's ask Billy Bob, what he thinks. What's it like Billy Bob?
Squeeee! Squeeee!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2013, 09:55 Acleacius

I've read it's 5g of movies, 6g of sound and 16g of maps for a whopping monster of 27g!  

News Comments > CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux
13. Re: CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux Mar 24, 2013, 09:41 Acleacius

First I've heard of it, so on the fence, atm. I'll at least vote for it. Reminds me of the late 1990s, and I sure would have played it back then.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2013, 01:28 Acleacius

BioShock Bonanza can this be correct?
14$ cash, $15 credit, Bioshock, X-Com, *choice game* and there seems to be a %20 off Digital Games as well. So is this technically about $35 US for all this or does my math just suck?

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Trailer
3. Re: Dead Island Riptide Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 03:18 Acleacius

I'm just looking for an excuse to kill some more zombies, coop alamode!

Too bad there are coming out, next to Bioshock Infinite. It will probably jack their sales by 30%.

News Comments > No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions
26. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 13:29 Acleacius

qte are one of the most pathetic game designs ever created. Along with holding Quick and Hard Save, anytime.

Since there's no evidence it's a profit based decision, it must be some delusional narcissism.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
2. Re: Sunday Q&As Mar 17, 2013, 21:17 Acleacius

I heard an interview last night on NPR, where he was demoing Infinite to a journalist, though I haven't been able to find it to send to Blue. It seem to be something coinciding with South by Southwest, which raps up tonight, iirc. I did watch this interview as well and liked it.

@ DangerDog, guess I need to look up the definition of egotistical, as it sure didn't seem like it to me. Nor did I notice the lie/semi-lie(s) in the video you linked. He/Irrational has been really up front about how much the game changed over development. Afaik Bioshock really did have an effect on FPSs as far as story depth and character interactions with NPCs.

I just finished Far Cry 3 again, v 105 w Swartz Mod, it's such an huge improvement over Far Cry, in almost every way. Now I'm looking forward to trying Tomb Raider next. All these FPS games seem to have improved, yet of course most of these AAA games are far too console centric but I really don't blame Levine for it.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2013, 14:56 Acleacius

Wtg Mike Mika!  

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
35. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 13:59 Acleacius

The whole one million, plus the pay to win feel doesn't fly with me, passing.

All hail Torment! Allthumbsup

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
138. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 20:36 Acleacius

Once again the pillars of heaven have been shaken.  

News Comments > Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs
20. Re: Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs Mar 6, 2013, 20:07 Acleacius

I'd probably go with Dishonored and Far Cry 3, though I can look past most of their flaws. The console weaknesses are the most difficult flaws to see past.  

News Comments > Thief (4) Details Inbound
37. Re: Thief (4) Details Inbound Mar 5, 2013, 14:51 Acleacius

No way this is going to be bow only weapons, get ready for Gunner Garrot or Magical Garrot!

Garrot is scary.....much silly laughter.

Yeah this sounds really serious

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports
28. Re: The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports Mar 1, 2013, 16:19 Acleacius

Quinn wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 04:52:
WTF are you talking about, moaning about neutral quests? CDPR sold the witcher mentioning hardly anything is black-and-white in the decisions you need to make, but moreso shades of gray. And they were goddamn right. Not any other game made it harder for me to follow my moral compass and knowing what choice to make. There isn't any other game out there where I thought I was doing the right thing but screwed up epically.

What is a neutral quest? Picking berries in the forest? That would piss off the faeries.
Your joking, right? You can't be serious. They take well made quests then muck them up to make them seem neutral. Contrived is a good word, have you even played them? If so you explain to me about the three examples I listed in Witcher 1. In the third chapter forced bank choice, the forced girlfriend choice and chapter 1 Abigail. I would love to hear how your moral compass reads these, otherwise why the *contrived* outrage.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dawns in May
7. Re: Metro: Last Light Dawns in May Mar 1, 2013, 16:00 Acleacius

Let the apocalypse begin baby! <boomstick emote here>  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports
20. Re: The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports Mar 1, 2013, 03:13 Acleacius

Oh god, not another game with Geralt, doing fake neutral quests. Why, oh why would such a talented studio keep torturing themselves and fans with this false narrative. I dislike my game narratives being based on lies...remember Abigail or when we had to decide between Shani and Triss (chap 3). Wall Oh then being forced to choose between the Order of the Flaming Rose and Scoia'tael at the bank was just as stupid. These are some really fucking neutral choices, thanks CD Projekt Red! Rolleyes

On the whole their quests are creative and fit nicely in the world. However this bullshit pretending they are neutral is ridiculous. Their neutral quests are possibly the worst in the gaming industry. Some of the best RPGs (and movies, yojimbo) ever created are based on NOT being forced to choose between two sides.

It's not like I don't care about this franchise, I've said since the release of the first Witcher, this is a terrible idea. They should/could have made the story about the player being a newly discovered Witcher in an open world (or hub base) game. The player wandering the world, doing quests. Trying to learn about being a Witcher and Geralt's adventures could have easily been used as backstory and lore.

Don't even get me started on QTE!

This is the fault of CD Projekt Red, they constantly advertise neutrality but never offer it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
13. Re: Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches Feb 27, 2013, 17:13 Acleacius

sauron wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 16:18:
Apparently WvWvW loot drops are greatly increased, and drops from bosses are increased....
Just finished a dungeon run, loot still sucks. Not a single person in the group got an orange or yellow in 5 bosses.

News Comments > PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs
26. Re: PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs Feb 27, 2013, 17:09 Acleacius

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 14:13:
As long as I don't have to wear out my escape key like Far Cry 3 though!
Exactly. How pro PC can a developer be if they force you to constantly spam your escape key. Not to mention don't have UI with a set key for each window or Save/Quicksave anytime.

Or maybe they are just delusional and believe they are a PC developer, instead of just being a PC port developer.

News Comments > EA All-in on Microtransactions
12. Re: EA All-in on Microtransactions Feb 27, 2013, 10:03 Acleacius

errr...not safe for virgin ears....

wtf most gamers avoid ea because of it?

3620 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo