Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3696 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Darkness Details Reset?
1. Re: World of Darkness Details Reset? Jun 14, 2013, 21:00 Acleacius

Good, being a huge fan of Vampire tM, it was very disappointing seeing what seemed to be pvp based gameplay, with no PvE at all.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
21. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 16:29 Acleacius

What a eff'n horrible UI! Cry  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 14, 2013, 15:09 Acleacius

Really too bad about Remember Me, had such high hopes as the ideas and premise behind the game sounded very unique. Sadly it looks beyond repair. Oh well, guess I'll wait for the $5 dollar holiday sale or next year.

It's really odd, developers could be so talented and creative enough to make such potentially great design. Yet be so utterly incompetent, to recognize you can't patch, shit console design out of a potentially great game, but could could always patch it in.

Build a great game first, then neuter the shit out of the console release.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Jun 14, 2013, 05:02 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 21:34:
I bought Mass Effect 3 last night for $4.75 at GMG. That is about all I'm willing to pay for having to put up with Origin, regardless of how good the game in question is.
Since you bought the game, guess you could always use a crack to play solo. At least that's what someone suggested to me, after mentioning wanting to avoid origin. Even though I've decided to wait to play until a version is available with all dlc, especially ME2. I can't think of another game as old as ME2 not having a complete version of the game. It seems quite ridiculous and stupifing.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
6. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 04:54 Acleacius

Fantaz wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 00:08:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 22:29:
Worst possible engine choice, such low quality design.

id Tech 5 is a great engine, but it doesn't looks like they're putting it to good use. If Call of Duty still runs off a highly modified Quake 3 engine, then the id Tech 5 engine still has a lot of life left.
I respectfully disagree. Until 1998 when Unreal engine (Duke 3D as well to a lesser extent) showed the world "Outside Life in the Tunnels" we had no other choice to accept id engine games.

It took fully 12 years after Unreal until id tech 5 Rage was made. Before carmack couldn't make a engine to run outdoors with any respectable quality. I still remember the first time I looked out the window in Doom 3, thought the textures were 8-16 bit skies. Now even with that 12 years Rage World Textures looked like crap. They even released a huge texture pack addon for PCs and it still looked like crap.

This doesn't even cover carmack's personal behavior/attitude, including his infamous "don't care what fans and customers want" comment. Or how when id officers/owners tried to steer carmack away from just doing a updated graphics without updated gameplay of Doom, as Doom 3 he fired them. Of course they were right and carmack was wrong, gameplay was 10 years old, repetitive and boring.

Not to mention Doom 3 engine was complete crap at release. Remember multiplayer? Remember how hideous the game looked with all the craptastic mapping effects were turned off? I remember several threads here on Blue's with screen shots showing the difference included.

Unless something has changed in the design of id 5, even new gen consoles with more power, Rage will look low quality for them, too. Their only saving grace they have is console gamers typically sit 5 ft or more away from the screen, so they possibly won't notice the pixelated textures.

Then there's the fact, why the hell does Rage need to be 20+ gig to have the level of graphic, while all the other major engines have higher quality with less than half the game size.

Imo, unless something happens to improve the low quality design of id 5, this is really going to come back and bite Bethesda in the rhinoceros.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
2. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Jun 13, 2013, 22:29 Acleacius

Worst possible engine choice, such low quality design.  

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Begins
6. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Begins Jun 12, 2013, 23:29 Acleacius

Here's hoping it's a huge success, against all the giant mmogs like sony, ea and blizzard. Putting the customer first always pays long term rewards.

It's been so long, might have to load it up just for wandering around. I highly doubt I even remember how to play my toons.

News Comments > Walking Dead DLC Detailed
9. Re: Walking Dead DLC Detailed Jun 12, 2013, 18:56 Acleacius

Never watched the show or played the game, isn't this basically an Adventure game, sort of point and click? I just never really recall seeing a description of gameplay such as Action RPG or Zombie Shooter.  

News Comments > Mad Max Game Announced
38. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 19:47 Acleacius

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 18:01:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:43:
I'm personally not real anxious to play mel gibson after his psychotic episodes.

I thought we would be playing mad max, even then I couldn't care less.
Open world is a huge plus, playing as predefined character isn't, even Mad Max. Why couldn't you play Mad HorrorScope? Honestly it's not my personal choice to run around in a gameworld for 30+ hours looking at some guys ass. As WyldKat mention Saints Row style character creator or hell any mmog toon generator would be better. It's the world that matters not the original name.

Here's hoping they hire a real writer, an actual well written interesting story would make a huge difference. There are so few developers who actually care about story quality. Wonder if that has anything to do with high quantity of average games released.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 17:37 Acleacius

I don't pretend to speak for Blue, but of course he should cover stories about, electric gaming technology being wiretapped illegally. Ucrazy Wtf

I'm betting 95% of these 56% can't explain what's going on or have any understanding. Think those 56% would still approve if they knew it was a violation of the Constitution 1st and 4th amendments.

It doesn't matter what party is in power, the executive does NOT have legal authority. Even worst is the congress is to utterly incompetent to do their job of reining in the executive. Much less any other responsibility doing their job and running the country budgetary issues.

Not being able to look past political affiliation is just another form of mental illness, just like racism or sexism. It's called a psychosis. Iirc only one senator voted against the Patriot Act every time, sentor Ron Wyden. He has a political affiliation but that doesn't mean his votes are politically based. Believe it or not some people do their job.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Announced
8. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 09:43 Acleacius

Too bad it's not just 'In The World', where we make our own protagonist at the start.

I'm personally not real anxious to play mel gibson after his psychotic episodes. This could really go sideways and honestly I'm sort of shocked WB would take a chance on it. Especially with all the bad publicity he has had in the last 10 years. Guess they could go with silent protagonist.

News Comments > South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer
6. Re: South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 01:19 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 23:35:
(It surprising for me to say this but) UBI's been on a bit of a roll lately. They might have finally got their shit together.

I'm looking at you Blood Dragon, Driver SF, and Watch Dogs.

True, they have been doing better. They been so bad, for so long (mostly referring to drm issues all the way back to the starforce days) I get this creeping feeling we are just one blink away from getting ganked. Not to mention the obvious consolization design flaws, when PC is obvious the strongest platform.

Plus uplay sucks.

Also I might be the only one but really enjoyed Far Cry 3 despite many flaws.

News Comments > South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer
4. Re: South Park The Stick of Truth Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 23:30 Acleacius

I trust Obsidian, Matt and Trey but not ubi. I defiantly want this game but will ubi screw it up? Fans with cash, want to know.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
13. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 23:22 Acleacius

How ea breaks franchises, alienates fans and customers.

Will you save ea or bring them to their knees!

ea actually pays plants/spooks/spies to sit in audience to clap and cheer, how quaint. I'm automatically out, if it requires origin software to play the game.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced
8. Re: Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced Jun 10, 2013, 19:08 Acleacius

Ridiculous, one game about 3 years old.  

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
23. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 15:25 Acleacius

They are taking a huge chance, not even sure what to call the economic state of the US and World atm. Potential Triple Dip Recession, mixed with Massive Global Unemployment?

If that's even possible. It also explains the lack of AA and AAA game in the last 6-12 months. Additionally adding a flood of several AAA titles at once will easily kill Total sales in this type of economy.

This really bad on so many levels, since it's hard to envision more than 30% of titles being profitable by corporate standards. It's going to cause massive layoffs in development next year.

Unless of course m$ is planning on using that billion dollars to offset profits of their console development studios. Fat chance.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 19:54 Acleacius

I really like the "see all specials" link and count, excellent info Dev, thanks! Cheers  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2013, 16:30 Acleacius

In case anyone is keeping up with Prism facts before the propaganda and hype hit. Just broke and I might not have gotten this to Blue in time.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 16:14 Acleacius

So for the holidays we will get, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition GOTY?

On the Steam Store page, is the Specials tab (next to Coming Soon) generally reset on Mondays?

I sort of envisioned the Specials tab as a weekly list of sales, with the Daily specials popping in and out of the list during the week. Just wondering how often I need to check the Specials tab, not including the Daily specials.

Thanks.

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 18:59 Acleacius

Afaik it's Coop open world RPGish so I'll probably get it, but they even have sh*t FOV in trailers.  

3696 Comments. 185 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo