Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3597 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Chris Avellone Joins Torment Team
1. Re: Chris Avellone Joins Torment Team Apr 3, 2013, 21:50 Acleacius

Good lord, where's one of those GoT wenches when you need o........Titties and BEER!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011
7. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 3, 2013, 21:37 Acleacius

Lol, as if id has any fucking idea what their doing.

B grade quality games at best...... with great console graphics!

/couldn't resist promoting their amazing graphics engine!

//snarky snark snark

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Apr 3, 2013, 14:51 Acleacius

Metro 2033, no technical problems here. Really enjoyed the story, acting, graphics, sound and most of the gameplay. Hated console designs mostly UI and Save Game system.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 3, 2013, 14:28 Acleacius

In case you just stumbled into this thread.......We are talking about Bioshock Infinite ending spoilers!

Go Away, if you haven't played it!

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 05:01:
I don't think you can choose there at all... but yeah, what you described is what I gathered of it as well.
Then there must be some randomness to it, I recall doing that scene 3 times. One time I(it?) picked tails, which seemed/felt correct or maybe I just like the idea of Rosalind winning.

I somehow completely forgot the scene we talked about (before the credits) though.. but the one after confused the heck out of me. Because it would mean we didn't actually do what Elizabeth implied (as I wrote before). Or maybe that is the "original" reality? The one where she grows up normally without powers?
Yes, it seems this is just the original thread, with the choice of Comstock being removed from existence.
Defiantly confusing. I don't recall seeing there was a choice at the end. Not that I can imagine..... why someone would want to become Comstock.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 2, 2013, 04:29 Acleacius

On drowning...

I'm pretty sure it's because all the Elizabeth's who participated, represented all the Elizbeth's with 'power', which allowed Comstock to succeed to some degree...killed the only Booker who succeeded before the choice was made 'for all Booker's/Comstock's. I.e. there is only one universe in the thread before the choice. Which is where the most powerful Elizabeth (our Elizabeth) brought everyone. If that Booker (our Booker who stopped Comstock) dies in that thread no Comstock is ever born.

Which is why the last scene in the credits happens... This is why Booker was conscious of what happened and runs directly to Anna's room. The key is the room, every time Booker woke up in the room, it was because he had actually died and the Luteces' bring him back. Iirc it was also the thread the Luteces died. The Luteces actually conspired to help Booker defeat Comstock, then destroy any possiblity of Comstock ever being created. Not only did Booker never sell his daughter, but the Luteces never died and Elizabeth never existed only Anna.

Choices seemed physically weird, sometimes picking E or Q and other you have to look at them. For example how do we choose at the Coin Toss, look at one of the Luteces then E?

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2013, 04:37.

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
20. Re: Thief 4 Trailer Apr 2, 2013, 03:32 Acleacius

Apparently reboot/origin story, I recall hearing about was a joke on us. If not it's even more ridiculous since Garret was an orphan child/tween living on the streets, not a fully geared high tech assass.

I also remember when they were making claims Garrent doesn't/never would have house/home. Yeah of course what self respecting high tech (apparently) thief has a base of operations or home. Hell, thieves probably don't eat, sleep or take craps.

Who knows maybe we will get a chance to buy dlc that completely changes the Lore and History...or the voice. Imagine having to pay dlc to get the real Garret voice.

Iirc these are the same people who broke their own ingame Lore in DXHR with their dlc.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Sets Sales Record
32. Re: Tomb Raider Sets Sales Record Mar 31, 2013, 13:12 Acleacius

Overon wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 12:15:
My main problem with the game is the schizophrenic design.....
Sums up the game design perfectly, whether it's due to publisher interference or developer incompetence. Since there is a corporation involved, there's really no hope things will improve. Narcissism doesn't exist in reality, just along side it.

Dev wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 15:12:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 14:18:
Yeah, this is part of my surprise at their disappointment. This game will have a long tail. Lots of people are interested in this game, just not at full price (were I a richer man...). The 4 million they sold the first week must have covered costs, so everything here on out should be gravy.
If they are disappointed at the sales, and if it cost $100 million, it might not have.
I really don't understand, is there anyway possible that 4 million units, (say for $50 each) totaling $200 million in the first week not be enough?

Don't get me wrong I like the game, it's just poorly handled in several important ways. I really do wonder if it all comes back to console mentality. Almost every potentially great game seems to be drug down by shitty design decisions.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2013, 13:20.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer
22. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 09:20 Acleacius

Horrible looking game, but it's always awesome to see old men duke it out to resolve desputes!

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 22:00:
lol. Anybody know if the actor who played the Gorn in the tv episode is still alive?
The voice actor doesn't seem to be Ted Cassidy Arena (Star Trek: The Original Series)

21. Re: Tomb Raider Sets Sales Record Mar 30, 2013, 11:33 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 09:32:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 03:25:
Hopefully, they can afford to hire real writers and gameplay designers now.
How? It didn't meet targets.
If you break sales records in the first week and history of the franchise, it's still not enough? It's a severe management problem, probably the same people who made the idiotic decisions to release the sub par story and game play designs. Additionally not only are they probably including 'executive bonuses' in their 'targets' but also marketing.

Basically corporations try to attach amap to 'targets', delusional amounts of fraud and waste. The game was/is a sales success, just not square enix's 'vision' of bonuses.

Think my point is (just woke and probably rambling ), sooner or later, for better or worst these things catch up with corporations whether is from shareholders or customers. Somebody is lying if record breaking sales aren't enough. In a normal reality, you couldn't ask for better news.

16. Re: Tomb Raider Sets Sales Record Mar 30, 2013, 03:25 Acleacius

Hopefully, they can afford to hire real writers and gameplay designers now.  

News Comments > Jay Wilson: Auction Houses "Really Hurt" Diablo III
28. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 10:36 Acleacius

Lying then and lying now. Middlefinger

No way the largest mmog developer/publisher wouldn't know the effect of an Auction House, on an online only game. They knew, they were exploiting gamers and the gamers fought back. Bitches are now admitting failure but still trying to lie their way out of it.

They made their money this is about damage control based on the creditability of their future games and shareholders who are none to happy they backed a pig, instead of a stallion.

News Comments > Thief Teaser Trailer
5. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 20:09 Acleacius

Bastards, thought the game was being released on 4/2/2013.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter
13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Mar 28, 2013, 02:45 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 02:18:
Divinity, Divinity...

*shuffles through Steam and Gamefly collections*

Nope, don't own it. If I wanted to get a feeling for what this game would be like, which Larian game should I try? There are several.

EDIT: After watching the video, I think this is kind of fishy. Says these guys are from Sacramento, but they don't sound like they're from Sacramento at all!
Larian Studios=Belgian game developer, stop making fun of their accent!

Divine Divinity is the original (top down similar graphic style to Baldur's Gate), skip/don't play Beyond Divinity (2nd) unless you feel you really must and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is the newest modern looking 3rd person game.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Mar 28, 2013, 00:02 Acleacius

You had me, at Editor!

Love me some Larian! Allthumbsup

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2013, 23:49 Acleacius

Could someone remind me how Gamefly works. I'm interested in GUN, was hoping I would get a download code like GMG to use on Steam. Otherwise I'll just wait for it to go on sale, on Steam.

I read their site 'How it works'/FAQ but it seems to mostly talk about how there is a monthly fee to Rent/Play games.

Thanks.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Patched
6. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 27, 2013, 19:35 Acleacius

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:32:
Huh? Ubisoft had nothing to do with Tomb Raider.
Derp! My bad, had Far Cry 3 in what little mind I have left, att.

Crystal Dynamics! Yeah, that's it!

News Comments > Tomb Raider Patched
2. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 27, 2013, 12:37 Acleacius

Agree about the hair TressFX, though this patch does look like an improvement. Too bad ubi won't hire people who actually create good gameplay. The constant respawning/spamming of enemies especially in Ziggurat is ridiculous. They just magically appear in places with no possible paths, backed up by Lara getting there by almost inhuman means. Not to mention their delusional use of qt events.

Oh btw, it should be standard issue, as with every Tomb Raider we get nude skins. This one looks really cool, fits with the constant rain. There are also now 3 hair colors red, blonde and black. The wet tank top is the best look so far, nude skins really aren't high quality yet.

I still like Far Cry 3 MUCH better due to it's open world. It's far from perfect but I really don't like feeling boxed in.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing
36. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 12:08 Acleacius

How can a corporation be so F'ing stupid.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar
34. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 20:53 Acleacius

Iirc, console hackers have been playing the game for at least a week, so I'm guessing User Reviews won't be empty for long.  

News Comments > Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month
4. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 18:00 Acleacius

Think the big announcement is, their scheme to jack-wank the level capped original players, by taking powers and gold away is working and a HUGE success!

There are tons of testimonials in the announcement too, so you know it's for real and not some phoney baloney marketing pluy... plo... thing. Let's ask Billy Bob, what he thinks. What's it like Billy Bob?
Squeeee! Squeeee!

3597 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo