Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3639 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2013, 16:30 Acleacius

In case anyone is keeping up with Prism facts before the propaganda and hype hit. Just broke and I might not have gotten this to Blue in time.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 16:14 Acleacius

So for the holidays we will get, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition GOTY?

On the Steam Store page, is the Specials tab (next to Coming Soon) generally reset on Mondays?

I sort of envisioned the Specials tab as a weekly list of sales, with the Daily specials popping in and out of the list during the week. Just wondering how often I need to check the Specials tab, not including the Daily specials.

Thanks.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 18:59 Acleacius

Afaik it's Coop open world RPGish so I'll probably get it, but they even have sh*t FOV in trailers.  

News Comments > FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500
30. Re: FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500 Jun 7, 2013, 18:47 Acleacius

If Volition wasn't interested in spending $7500, they clearly have some other concept in the works.  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
4. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 12:04 Acleacius

Ridiculous Puke  

News Comments > Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar
41. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 17:14 Acleacius

:fatalist snarky comment here:  

News Comments > Deus: Ex: The Fall Reveal Tomorrow?
20. Re: Deus: Ex: The Fall Reveal Tomorrow? Jun 4, 2013, 21:07 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 11:03:
by the way this is being handled...the same team who did the DLC, April Tweat and made the Boss Fights took over any future development.

You mean the same team that did the core game? To my knowledge, it's not changed hands at all...the original boss fights were outsourced, and they've said they regretted that decision and have learned from it.

I'm sure your correct, I was just being fatalist snarky, in a sort of kidding on the square, kind of way.

I really didn't appreciate those aspects. Any more than I liked being forced to play/watch a movie during every surreptitious combat. However I did like the game, it's just those things made me feel exploited, so that part sucks. And if we didn't point out the problems they would never get fixed.

News Comments > Deus: Ex: The Fall Reveal Tomorrow?
3. Re: Deus: Ex: The Fall Reveal Tomorrow? Jun 4, 2013, 10:40 Acleacius

What a cluster frak!

My guess...by the way this is being handled...the same team who did the DLC, April Tweat and made the Boss Fights took over any future development.

Fans are doomed, doomed I say! Bloodthirsty

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 2, 2013, 18:09 Acleacius

Bethesda games normally hit 75% off during Summer and Winter holiday sales, iirc.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam
8. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam Jun 1, 2013, 18:46 Acleacius

Great News, loved it in 97 and already got it on GOG for $2.99!

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 15:56:
I recommend people new to Shadow Warrior check out ProAsm's SWP source port. It's fairly simple to use and adds much needed widescreen support, anti aliasing, high resolution, and some other features.
Thanks for the link!

Beelzebud wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 15:48:
I read that they tried to do a give-away on Facebook, and someone managed to hack them and steal a steam key list with 50,000 keys for the game on it. So the company holding the license decided to just make it free for all.
Damn that sucks

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse May 30, 2013, 00:33 Acleacius

Quboid wrote on May 29, 2013, 18:10:
These threads really bring out the worst of the Internet. Reading comments on Raw Story is especially depressing. A small portion of men are misogynist, a small portion of woman are misandrist and both groups are so blinded by their prejudice, they've lost sight of reality......
(What's an MRA-tard?)
Men's Rights Activism. Southern Poverty Law Misogyny.

Yeah, I worried about sending in info and almost didn't send Blue the link. But I know Blue smacks down all those p0rn links I send.

I honestly can't figure out this whole alpha beta thing, scientifically anyway. It's sort of like when someone tries to explain the Theory of Evolution by saying it means "survival of the fittest". You can always get some pretty funny explanations from them, since it doesn't mention or mean "survival of the fittest".

Here's a question I can never get answered. Is there a single behavior of a supposed alpha, not considered a mental illness? I keep pouring over information and asking anyone, so far the internet hasn't answered. Categorizing animal behaviors within human society doesn't really work.

It's the same type of argument used with racism, even today. This, despite the fact racism was proven a mental illness way back in 1975. Iirc, the highest form of human intellect is language. Then both doctors, Mr and Mrs Chomsky were able to prove any child of any race could be raised by any culture. The culture the child was raised in would determine their primary fluent linguistic patterns not race. Therefore the foundations of racism only exist in the mind of the racist.

Delusion is belief in something, provably false. A Flat Earther.

News Comments > Hellraid Details
7. Re: Hellraid Details May 28, 2013, 18:41 Acleacius

Panickd wrote on May 28, 2013, 16:32:
That's not really all that different from the zombie modes of any number of recent shooters. You compete for individual points/kills/money but cooperate to achieve the necessary mission goals that one person can't do alone. Even in "true" co-op games like the Borderlands series everyone ends up competing to get the best weapons.
Not really sure what you mean by "zombie mode in shooters" and I don't play BL2. However for an example Techlands previous Coop title I do play, Dead Island XP is divided among team members based on damage done and as AOE for group fights. So if you hit a mob and/or participating in a group fight you get additional XP.

As others have mentioned as well, I also always give up loot I can't use. Probably from playing mmogs for so long as 'Need Before Greed', even with Exotics. Then if there is loot more than one wants we'll usually come up with a way to assign it fairly.

I actually see this new system as a problem on Steam with VAC. There was lots of concern with Dead Island, since we were editing files for better loot and more bullets...ect. These were real design flaws which they seemed to try to address in Riptide. Since it was Coop (i.e. NOT competition) there was no real issue/possibly of technically 'cheating', since it involves 'causing harm to another'.

However now there's an issue of 'Competition IN Coop', which could create the 'possibility' of cheating and VAC Bans.

News Comments > Hellraid Details
2. Re: Hellraid Details May 28, 2013, 11:15 Acleacius

In co-operation tension rises when you struggle to achieve mission goals while competing with your friends for points granted for each kill
Here I was thinking Coop was working together. Now I know it's a competition against my own team.

Not only are they making up their own genre but they are redefining language too!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 20:24 Acleacius

The epic drop, in Epic's PC game sales is worth turning around?  

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
11. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:24 Acleacius

...what we donít want is to compromise the core experience...
Too late, if it's made for the console, it's compromised.

News Comments > Dying Light Announced
15. Re: Dying Light Announced May 23, 2013, 16:58 Acleacius

Dead Island without the islands and bad acting?  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
25. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 23:21 Acleacius

The most conservative estimates are m$ would lose 20% if PC gamers stopped buying consoles, games and any related products. The reality is much closer 30%, if not over.

What corporation wouldn't be affected by losing 20% of profits. It'd be a nice kick in the balls, especially when shareholders find out.

News Comments > 15 Unreal Years
9. Re: 15 Unreal Years May 22, 2013, 22:05 Acleacius

Same here played Unreal over Quake. Epic is still screwing us over, the only way to get the package discount is to buy all the games. I'm only interested in Unreal Gold and UT 99, so I can wait.

Even with him gone, I'm not sure Epic can/will ever recover from cliffyb's ego anymore than id can from carmak's ego.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans
3. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 22, 2013, 21:55 Acleacius

ďArtyomís story may have been concluded in Metro: Last Light, but ...
wtg deep silver, spoiler much.

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
19. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 21:51 Acleacius

Why should m$ care what PC gamers think, when PC gamers keep buying their consoles and console only games.

3639 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo