Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3886 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes Jun 15, 2015, 17:07 Acleacius

Today's US patch is 2.8 gig but I'm sure they will have Bear mounts for sale in the cash shop, in no time.

I'm surprised they are adding Dark Brotherhood before finishing Thieves Guild, unless the one World skill is all that's intended. It's a nice 'start' having the Justice System and the Legerdemain skill tree. Yet hard to believe it's all that's intended for Thieves Guild.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 11, 2015, 23:09 Acleacius

It's freaking ridiculous they have each game listed at least 3 times. I really hope I'm the only one who actually scrolls all the way down.

Ford Fairlane: Here's to you, Steam. Sucking my Wang Lo! Middlefinger

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 22:11 Acleacius

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:17:
The first game was Doom with Ninjas basically. Good stuff.
Duke Nukem with Ninjas?

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
1. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 11:44 Acleacius

COOP is all they had to say to get me on aboard, dishing out some wang!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 7, 2015, 20:11 Acleacius

At least zenimax was smart enough to put Fallout series games on sale this week, with the forthcoming Fallout 4 officially announcing. Unlike 2 weeks(?) ago when Mad Max was released, without a RAGE sale.  

News Comments > Skyforge Video
2. Re: Skyforge Video Jun 5, 2015, 17:15 Acleacius

Oh, I thought Obsidian was a consultant, not the actual developer. Weird choice of music playing in the background, not sure what kind of player base they are trying to appease.  

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
22. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 17:09 Acleacius

Any game company that willfully and arrogantly ignores PvE/Coop doesn't deserve any sympathy, when things go to chit.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
73. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 17:58 Acleacius

Asmodai wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 17:09:
The graphics can look like poo for all I care, what I'm concerned about is the rampant bugs in the previous titles...

... I am a huge Fallout fan and despite the issues of the graphics, this looks fantastic.
Fear & Loathing in New Vegas (Fallout NV) This is not for the faint of heart but it's the most advanced mod installation guide and it uses Mod Organizer. It uses the most highly rated mods and makes them compatible. You can add your own mods along the way, but with FNV you can NOT have more than 140 mods or you will corrupt your save games. Not to mention conflicting mods cause save corruption in general. I highly suggest your next game (or now if your seriously hardcore) do a complete reinstall using this guide. It could take 20+ hours, so I did mine over about a week.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
14. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 11:26 Acleacius

Thankfully they are not using some piece of crap engine like id tech. Looks ok for a bethesda console game but my guess the real reason they are keeping the same engine is for the community modding.  

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
24. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 17:27 Acleacius

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:40:
Unknown Soldier wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:38:
Please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online...

After the dismal failure known as ESO, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do that again.
Probably only considered dismal if it was thought to be something as powerful as WoW. On the other hand, it's quite busy in the game and they are still getting in the Steam top 10 sales list at least once a month.

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
6. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 13:51 Acleacius

Task wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:16:
Well there ya go folks, they heard your pleas finally.

For me though, unless Obsidian is writing it, I'll prolly pass on pre-ordering and get it way later.
Agreed, even in Skyrim their dialogues were average at best. The worst part is they clearly could afford good writers.

Bethesda seems capable of coming up with good story-lines. However their dialogues and character development can often, out right suck. In Obsidian games the npcs are for the most part, uniquely amazing and full of depth.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2015, 16:44 Acleacius

I can't comment on the accuracy, since I'll probably never play another Witcher game, unless they get away from this 'forced' to play Geralt crap.

It seems like a good article, well written and the author is clearly not one of the 'psycho cray cray gamergate misogynists'. My guess if this is accurate (first I've heard of this newest controversy) and Sarkesian is wrong she will probably admit it. No clue about the guy.

I can see how 'psycho cray cray gamergate misogynists' will use this as a firebreathing and mansplaining opportunity, unlike the author of this rebuttal. Fortunately the Feds got involved awhile back and all of a sudden there was a huge drop in death threats.

Shocking, I know. Shocked

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
14. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 30, 2015, 00:29 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:32:
Acleacius wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:26:
It would be a good move, more money spent and more people playing games through out the summer.

How's that a good move? Think about stuff like health insurance. All those fat obese immobile kids with their candy paws glued to a fucking controller are going to drive premiums up.
I, for one, am hoping that kids go outside in summer more and play other games.... like chasing some pussy.
Apparently you haven't been paying attention to several different benefits of playing video games. Scientifically better hand to eye coordination, spacial awareness and auditory awareness. Medically everything from Autism to PTSD, most neurological health and long term sanity. Legally lower crime rates and much less violent youth crimes. Oh and girl gamers...they're 'The New Black'...baby! Lighter

So you know what you need to do Mwahaha

This comment was edited on May 30, 2015, 00:38.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
3. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 29, 2015, 20:26 Acleacius

It would be a good move, more money spent and more people playing games through out the summer.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 25, 2015, 14:00 Acleacius

Is it just me or has Steam down or been hacked? I can't do any game searches or see any pictures on the front page either. Current time 1pm cst.

Edit: Weird, starting to come back slowly? I can see a few pictures and video now. Still a lot missing.

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Seven
21. Re: Age of Conan Turns Seven May 21, 2015, 17:26 Acleacius

Tried to read some forums to answer my question, thought it might not have been clear.

Apparently you are gimped in AoC unless you are paying monthly, like SWOR. This game afai can tell is not fully unlocked free to play, whether you buy the game or not.

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Seven
17. Re: Age of Conan Turns Seven May 20, 2015, 23:43 Acleacius

Do they have a real Free to Play, i.e. Buy to Play, with cash shop only for cosmetic items? Such as games like Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
43. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 17:55 Acleacius

Sega should be glad fans have allowed them to have a success, after all their bullshit. Middlefinger

I've never seen the draw of Run and Hide games. I'm just too obsessive about character development, story and questing.

The one exception, is playing villain based RPGs such as GTA. I would play GTA in a heartbeat if it had character generation and at the very least neutral based story decisions. Something along the lines of rising through the ranks of the mob with a choice of steering the mob towards more legit or more villainous directions.

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
3. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 08:59 Acleacius

I don't play VAC games, so won't effect me. This sounds bad, i.e. third party software installed. I HATED, ubi installed punkbuster without permission, without letting me know. Then leaving it on my system after I uninstalled Far Cry 3. I never played multiplayer.

punkbuster would not uninstall, I had to download a special program from the idiots at punkbuster to uninstall their software.

3886 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo