Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3717 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
35. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 00:28 Acleacius

Krovven wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 23:57:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 23:48:
Odd, sounds like we are saying the same thing, but according to you I'm complaining.

Maybe try re-reading what I said. I didn't say you were complaining. I said if you want it to change you need to complain...as in to the Publisher to get it changed for future sales. /facepalm

All you can do is complain. It worked to get the DLC discounted for Van Helsing...but I really doubt a company as big as Bethesda is going to care.
Doh, my bad!

Edit:Yeah, my bet is they will wait till Legendary price drops enough to where they are equal prices.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2013, 00:54.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
31. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 23:48 Acleacius

Krovven wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 23:34:
How would it being in the $10 category improve it's public view over being on the front page as a Flash Sale? Makes no sense.
Maybe I'm missing your point. Viewership? Front page of Steam. On Specials List for bargain shoppers. Draws them in for the cheaper vanilla price without the download content.

It's the same scam as a lot of other companies have been doing lately. Massively discount the base game, leaving the DLC with a small discount, or none at all and hoping people that only buy the base game, or only have the base game already will turn around and drop $20 for Legendary or go for the DLC's Individually.

All you can do is complain. It worked to get the DLC discounted for Van Helsing...but I really doubt a company as big as Bethesda is going to care.
Odd, sounds like we are saying the same thing, but according to you I'm complaining.

Edit: Adding the link to page two.
Reddit Amazon Game Sales Wiki

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > On Sale
28. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 23:03 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 19:09:
Bioware DLC can only be purchased using Bioware Points and Bioware Points never go on sale. So... yeah, you won't be seeing any discounts on ME DLC anytime soon.
Thanks for the info, I'm not surprised by anything antigamer or greedy by ea.

Jerykk wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 22:46:
I'm just amazed that there are people out there who still don't own Skyrim.

Also, the community sales are really annoying. People always vote for games that have already had the exact same discount many times before. Even if I'm not interested in a particular game, I will vote for it if the discount is unprecedented.
Best I can see is they still sell vanilla Skyrim for Flash sales (currently active) so they can be listed in the, Under $10 category to lure in the unsuspecting 'word of mouth' customers. Also, of course they want current Skyrim owners to buy Legendary, so they are holding back 75% off sales on dlc.

Anyone know about Contagion, it's getting some good reviews for being in Beta? I'm not sure if it's really survival but it does report 8 man Coop. Zombie killing on Source Engine and apparently it was a mod previously.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2013, 23:23.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 21:36 Acleacius

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:42:
-51C with windchill today. Its almost like nature WANTS me to stay in on my day off and work through my gaming backlog. And who am I to argue with nature?
Holy mother of Windchills!

Julio wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:30:
David Suzuki is a freeloading crackpot.
Your so much more articulate and informative, like a julioipedia of intelligence.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 15:15 Acleacius

Just found a Reddit based Game Sales Wiki and sent to Blue!
Reddit Amazon Game Sales Wiki

Looks Skrim dlc will have to be a Flash to hit 75% or they kept it off the lists. Also hard to believe ea is still excluding dlc from ME, even though the series is on sale for $9.99 a couple of times.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2013, 15:32.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 23:49 Acleacius

I liked Tomb Raider but hated having to play offline, so I could use Texmod for the nice looking mods.

Still hoping to catch Skyrim dlc for 75% off Flash sale. Other wise looks like it will be the Summer sale or a 1 year anniversary (February?) for Dragonborn.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
39. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 23:36 Acleacius

Oh there's a huge market for Coop zombie survival, but these games aren't it. I truly wonder what the stats are of the percentage of Coop players versus pvp. My personal guess is at least 40% of gamers are serious Coop players.

Too bad Techland are so anal about providing a Editor. If it's true the up coming Dying Light is Open World, then modding could make it one of the biggest and most successful zombvival games.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Updated Demo
9. Re: Age of Decadence Updated Demo Dec 22, 2013, 17:06 Acleacius

Started as a Drifter so I could set my own stats. I like the combat, feels very old school TB. Agree with Jerykk, it's annoying to not have more interaction, to be fair it could just be the demo state. While it's a small issue, I do very much like you can choose gender. So many games create a great world to explore but then force you to be who they want.

Another thing that could be an issue; in a game where there is no one to trust and you only look out for yourself, you seemingly lose any type of emotional connection, which is the foundation of any good story.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2013, 02:25 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 01:41:
I'm addicted to dairy for sure. I'll never give it up. Why would I want to? It's soooooo good! Three things I'll never give up are milk, butter, and cheese. Life just isn't worth living without them.

However as someone who's spent 20 years in fine dining I daresay I've forgotten more about real food than most people will ever know. I eat well - healthy most of the time - not so much the rest. I also know when to detox and give the ol' body a break. Besides, good fats - like what you get in butter - aren't a problem. Good fats are essential to a healthy life.

Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient. Grab that from the lieberry and give it a gander.
It's funny you mention Trans, I sent Blue two articles today. Trans Fat Consumption and Aggression and 22 Worst Foods for Trans Fat
OMG, Poptarts and butter are on the list! Grin
I agree with healthy fats are essential but butter? ....I was hoping you were going to say something like avocados or almonds, not something full of casein, bleh. In case you haven't read The China Study, it the most comprehensive study of diet and disease, ever (iirc 30 years).

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2013, 23:43 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:23:
Because everything tastes better in fat and salt? Hence why people are insane for bacon. If you're not baking with butter, don't bother baking. Cooking eggs without butter is a crime against cooking. Even Family Guy knows everything goes better without butter...even Poptarts!
Lmao at Poptarts.

Bah, your probably so addicted to fat you probably can't/haven't tasted real food in years. I dare you to say that, after you've given up fat for 30 days!

News Comments > Age of Decadence Updated Demo
4. Re: Age of Decadence Updated Demo Dec 21, 2013, 17:25 Acleacius

Just finished downloading on Steam. I must have gotten distracted and missed the last one. The low magic is a bit of a letdown.

Magic seems more beneficial in TB, with chances to use CC, Buffs and DBs. In games like Skyrim or ARPGs, your better off just nuking the crap out of everything.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2013, 17:15 Acleacius

GO CANADA!

"The Science of the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies"
Why the hell, would anyone cover up the wonderful flavors of a chocolate cookie, with a heavy fat like butter, bleh. Just dip everything in butter, why don't ya dude! ... Clearly this guy has never tasted a Big John cookie, from the Austin Whole Foods, corporate test store.

I'm pretty sure Blue meant, measured seasons, not weather patterns.

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 23:35 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 18:00:
Enh no good sales yet on any of my wishlist stuff anywhere. Meh bleh.
Yeah, same here.

Damn it, where is Dead State when you need a zombie rpg!

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
11. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 00:34 Acleacius

Skyrim and a few others are still trying to create a parallax in the pricing of it's dlc. I waited out Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider, and will continue to wait for Skyrim dlc 75% off.

It will probably take ea 100 years before they offer, a complete mass effect 2. I'll probably be dead in about 99 years, so I'll miss it.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
13. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 18, 2013, 14:11 Acleacius

Omg, they anal probed Kenny!

outback?

News Comments > Dying Light Nighttime Trailer
13. Re: Dying Light Nighttime Trailer Dec 18, 2013, 13:57 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 00:17:
That's not really true at all. If you design a game for high-end PCs and then try to cram into 7 year old console, you'll run into quite a few problems (primarily memory). Sure, you can downres all the textures, lower the render resolution, remove a bunch of effects, etc, but then you end up with a game that looks like crap. It's much easier to build for the lowest common denominator since you know that more powerful hardware won't have any issues running the game. You can focus on making it look good on the lesser hardware and then making it look really good on high-end hardware.

Also, it's not just about the graphics. Less memory means you need smaller levels and fewer characters loaded at any given time too.
In general things do look crappier on console, that's why so many effects are cheapened and abused like bloom and motion blur.

It's much easier to reduce functions using up memory and calculations, just like it is for textures. Animations are a good examples, just like physics and textures. The same as it's easier just to pay for your art assets once. I can't think of a single instance where it's better to make low quality first, then try to upscale.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia
15. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia Dec 17, 2013, 13:38 Acleacius

I hear it's because of the rape scene.

Sure seeing a guys doodle hanging out is traumatizing. I think it more the screams of torture and unbridled carnal lust overwhelming the Aussies.

News Comments > Dying Light Nighttime Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light Nighttime Trailer Dec 17, 2013, 13:29 Acleacius

I'm looking forward to the Coop, but don't see much point in the day and night differences. Afaik, Techland made DI for a publisher but started DL, their own franchise because they didn't want to pay for the license for DI.

The author of the DI books did a crappy job writing it into a game, everyone complained about the acting/story in DI.

One of the biggest problems Techland has is their sort of deluded sense to prioritize console over PC development. As a developer you can always scale back, things like graphic and physics for lesser hardware. It's much harder and more costly to scale up.

It's funny since like many developers, they got their start developing on the PC, with Chrome (iirc).

Also, this looks exactly like the last nighttime video demonstration.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 16, 2013, 20:48 Acleacius

Omg, I need a shot of tequila, only 3 days till the wallet pain!  

News Comments > Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam
3. Re: Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam Dec 16, 2013, 20:44 Acleacius

Funny, iirc it used to be only $9.99. Could swear it was selling for $1.99 as a 75% off. Guess they jacked up the price to $14.99 before the holiday discount.  

3717 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo