Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3614 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
11. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 17:09 Acleacius

They just wanted to get away from the licensing fees and bad story/acting of Dead Island *hopefully*. I'm just hoping it's more Dead Island than Riptide, though I did like the idea of the gameplay additions of Base Defense and boats. Let's just hope their *AAA aspirations* include a real writer and voice talent.

Too bad techland didn't have enough sense to make their CoJ games open world. I've never played Red Dead, since it's on console. By the sounds of it, proves open world westerns are not dead. I really enjoyed the concept of GUN, but it was mostly butchered by console gameplay design.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
6. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 14:45 Acleacius

It better be moddable, bikini clad babes, heads and all Pimp  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend
27. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:09 Acleacius

Ridtide isn't as good imo, Techland made it much LESS moddable. All in all $16 a good price, with the dlc, especially for a Coop Zombie RPG lite.  

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
10. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 23:08 Acleacius

There's just no way, I can wait till it's 75% off. The only reason they get away with this is because of people who buy console games.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced
9. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced Sep 25, 2013, 23:06 Acleacius

lmao, looks great!

but now we have to deal with ubisoft, which is probably a show stopper.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
28. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 13:05 Acleacius

damn it, science and math always getting in the way of my console delusions of grandeur  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2013, 16:45 Acleacius

I'm thankful to know, through you guys there are parents worth grieving. Cheers

Both my parents have committed unspeakable acts and there will there be no grief. Don't misunderstand this as a lack of empathy or humanity, it's neither. It's the realization that some people exist who are so psychotically deluded, narcissistic and sociopathic they refuse to be treated, no matter how much destruction their decisions and behavior cause. And sometimes, these people can be your parents.

Ride the wind!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2013, 17:42 Acleacius

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 13:29:
Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 12:19:
If they put the Skyrim DLC on sale it'll get back on.

Yep, I still need to buy those.

i'm waiting on the winter holiday 75% off sale.

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 13:57:
Can't imagine how no Activision games made the list after their huge weekend sale... LOL.
lmao@activision

News Comments > Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month
10. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 14, 2013, 02:05 Acleacius

really liked Dishonored all around, with the single exception of the Bone Charms. Their implementation was a failure, since you couldn't build your own as with Runes. You were forced to get crap BCs out of an arrogant randomization.  

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2013, 09:21 Acleacius

lmao@activison sale, GUN 'on sale' for $15 US !  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 01:30 Acleacius

rockstar intentionally and maliciously undermines PC gaming and has no reason to change  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2013, 23:27 Acleacius

Far Cry 3 50% off  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2013, 21:24 Acleacius

Dungeon Siege Complete 75% off.  

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Layoffs
6. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Layoffs Aug 28, 2013, 21:22 Acleacius

Unless EQN is more like a bug free Vanguard, don't see how soe will recover. Hell, WoW is barely hanging on being WoW, no need to copy them, unless your going F2P.  

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
46. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 18:10 Acleacius

sauron wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 13:04:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 12:57:
Still not sure what I'm going to do about TESO now we know they are going with $15 US a month subs. I might have paid $10 a month, if the game had been good, $15 is just too much now days.

Same here. I occasionally pay $10 for VIP for a month in LOTRO if I'm playing a lot (eg off work sick for a few days), but in general I stopped subbing for MMOs. For $15 a month standard TESO would have to be really good.

For FFXIV to keep my interest it will have to be good as well, but I already have a bucketload of friends in that game who are coming over from FFXI - a ready-made community and guild. That's another factor.

Best deal of the lot is GW2, which is totally free. Only problem is, I ran out of content in that one. Release an expansion already!
Same, sort of got tired of GW2 after leveling 3 toons. Now I'm playing The Secret World, which I got from Steam for $15 US and spent $10 more to get issue 7. Like GW 2 it's buy once, play for free. Considering you can get it for $15 or less, it's a great deal too.

It's actually got GW2 beat on several counts, where GW2 wins on dyes, TSW wins on clothing. There are literally 1000s of pieces of clothes, different colors and styles. You can be dressed in a business suit, beach clothes to Steampunk. Also cutscenes are pretty odd in GW2, though maybe it's intended as an artistic style, yet it always seem sort of cheap to me. TSW on the other hand has much higher quality cutscenes, fully voiced and 3D. The animations are a bit weak but still a multitude better than GW2. Imo, the DX 9 graphics (since dx 11 really isn't working well) are much more detailed and it's great to have a modern setting for once. Every major mission (100s) has a (skippable, if you wish) cutscene and each one is story based/related.

TSW really does have some issues with gameplay, mostly because there are so many choices it's easy to get overwhelmed. The devs try to say "you can't make a mistake" when referring to spending points. It stems from the fact that if you play enough, you can get every ability and skill. This is really disingenuous, since you can easily spread yourself too thin and ending up with an unfixable (no reset) weak build, at least until your higher level. Also, after the first area, the difficulty scales pretty fast. This causes many to do the first area twice, for the extra skills and abilities. It's really important to know which build your going to use from the start. It really helps to spend an hour looking at builds at the official forums, fan sites or asking in chatz.

The dungeons are pretty nice no real trash mobs, you move from boss to boss. Now some bosses summon adds but it's mostly to mix things up, with different play styles and difficulty.

Personally don't see how you can go wrong with TSW, especially if you like modern settings and killing zombies! Zombie

31. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 12:57 Acleacius

Even if they did fix the majority of issues, the subs will probably prevent me from ever trying it. I've been playing The Secret World for about two months now, still having fun, though the combat is extremely unbalanced.

As KS asked about Pet Classes, I tried looking around on the main site but their description of the classes was just vague crap. As an example Conjurer seems to be a Healer instead of umm... a Conjurer.

Still not sure what I'm going to do about TESO now we know they are going with $15 US a month subs. I might have paid $10 a month, if the game had been good, $15 is just too much now days. The biggest problem, TES are good due to the mods. Now days Bethesda vanilla games are console first designed. Especially the gameplay is weak, since it's console centric. The NPCs are often horribly voiced, with pedestrian dialog, story and no character depth. These guys despite constantly being called out on the weakness of their dialog, refuse to hire a real writer. They pay A list actors to read B grade (at best) dialog.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2013, 09:23 Acleacius

Blue, don't you guys have Deferred Adjudication? I.e. pay the fine, no bad behavior for 6 months and it stays off your record. You can file it yourself, btw.  

4. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 09:15 Acleacius

Marketing ploy or good game?  

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
24. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 16:43 Acleacius

all you whipper snappers care about is your loose guns, big women, fast liquor and cheap cars! Bucktooth  

News Comments > id Hiring a Design Director
14. Re: id Hiring a Design Director Aug 24, 2013, 02:25 Acleacius

shirley they meant a writer  

3614 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo