Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3718 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 21:32 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 14:59:
New Vegas was mismarked as -75% / $2.49 for a minute or two, as the sale went live. Wonder how many lucky folks snagged that one...
It's the vanilla version and still $2.49, while the Ultimate version is just priced down 66%. Bethesda is doing the dlc price trick on all there titles now, not just Skyrim. As another example Rage, game 75% but dlc 33% off.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
3. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 11:22 Acleacius

Pretty much everything is a flood, tornado, avalanche or hurricane zone now days.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 06:42 Acleacius

In regards to "The Last of Us" is there any talk of a PC release?

I have to disagree about Elizabeth, my take is she is extremely smart and educated. Not to mention Comstock's obsession with religious allegorical violence. She is clearly aware of violence and death, but she like so many of us hopefully have not had to experienced it first hand. So at the very most, people are complaining Irrational didn't spend enough time on Elizabeth coming to terms with seeing violence for the first time in stead of reading about it in Shakespeare.

I got one question for your then, what the game was about 'Elizabeth coming to terms with real violence, in the world' or was it about Booker's Redemption?

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2013, 07:03.

News Comments > On Sale
34. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 05:42 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 00:30:
Hrm I'll wait. Thanks for the feedback. He Ac, what was that Zombie CRPG you mentioned just a while back. Due out in March I think?

The only one I recall mentioning recently was Brian Mitsoda's Dead State from Troika. It's a much smaller title, self published and only asked for a couple 100k in Kickstarter, which they easily got, iirc. Dead State is about long and short term, choices and consequences. It's turn based like so many of his fellow Black Isle developers Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera (which he is working on too) and Pillars of Eternity. Dead State is using the same engine Age of Decadence.

According to Mitsoda: Mitsoda has said that an aim of the game is to be a "serious examination of a national crisis or natural disaster" and that the game is "designed around" the "stress and survival aspects" of "a world in crisis".

State of Decay does have a much bigger budget and published by m$. It was released for consoles first (iirc) and it's a solid game mechanically. It looks good, 1st/3rd person perspectives and has decent animations. In the developers' defense they probably felt the constant spawns was the only way to create impending fear and doom. However they also don't seem to believe in the world they created. Why spend so much to license Crytek for openworld if your not going to let people really explore. It's as if they want you to keep moving, saying 'nothing to see here'. In reality there is a lot to see, especially since most of us here at Blue's play openworld games, till we become a zomby woof! Zombie

News Comments > On Sale
29. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 23:42 Acleacius

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 23:02:
Are the early access games you're looking at self published? Then there's your answer as to why early access exists.
Pretty sure, he means, they should be listed separately, not with completed games.

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 23:04 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 21:56:
State of Decay? Yes? No? Maybe? A lot of the reviews seem to hit on that it gets repetitive quick. The first 4 hours building your base and getting essenials is fun, after that it quickly becomes pure grind though. Thoughts?
I was reading a review there on the sales page, a guy has 216 hours but doesn't recommend it. Lol, if I get 216 hours of gameplay out of game for $10 it's a steal.

I agree, it's a lot of fun but it can get repetitive, unless you know only worry about a few missions and ignore the rest. I wanted to build up my base before worrying about any of the main story questlines. My biggest problem is no Editor, since fans could probably fix this into one great game.

I've got a real problem with constantly spam spawning mobs, so this next part is going to sound like I'm irritated with some parts, cause I am!
The big problem (i'm not sure if they will fix it) is the constant Spawning Spam. You really can't even explore in this openworld game cause everywhere you go, they constantly spawn shit. The sound meter is crap, in the sense that the radius you see of noise for the weapon in use, spawns shit much farther out. There's balancing issues, since you've got weight limits, weapon wear, vehicle damage and ammo is not balanced with the rate of constant spawns.

Also you really need people to add to your base, with specialties like chef, mechanic, chemist and medical. The problem is when you are sent out to get new NPCs, they most often give you crappy useless NPCs. So you either have to take them out to get killed or manually make a Savegame, from before you ask the Radio Operator to send Invites. There is only one Savegame, so it constantly gets overwritten. You have to make manual saves in the savegame folder, so you can use a save from before you had the operator call.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2013, 23:39.

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 22:04 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 21:03:
Every time I click on something that looks great the first thing I see is "early access". Really getting tired of them lumped with completed games...
Agreed, it's annoying as hell.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 28, 2013, 17:25 Acleacius

Seems a bit overreactive considering how far FPS stories have come since 1992 Wolfenstein 3D. The mere fact that the effect of violence in games as a method of emotional development is now plausible, pretty much proves he is being disingenuous.

Best of my memory, the progression of story development for strictly Shooters (obviously RPGs have a huge advantage) happened over about a 10 year arc. Starting with Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal and Chaser (first full motion videos with a serious story, iirc). Now days of course there are even excellent ingame cutscenes.

Personally I don't mind lots of nameless mobs of no consequence, if it fits the story. Just as in the original Bioshock, showed people mindlessly following. Destroying their lives, their bodies all for the false promise of capitalism. Wealth and power at the expense of society. How it was just made up nonsense, which never existed before let alone in a democracy. Infinite is doing the same thing just showing the result of the mindlessness of a society governed, by merging religion and state. The individuals are a result of belief over reason.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 28, 2013, 15:33 Acleacius

Shocking that pizza would be worth 5.5 million today.  

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 01:32 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 17:37:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 15:24:
Guess I'm asking if GamersGate is trustworthy.

I'd say yes. I've used them quite a bit in the past and never had a problem.
Excellent, thanks!

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 15:24 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:28:
Gamer's Gate is pretty low on the DRM end. Download, install, and activate throught there proprietary downloader then never use it again unless you need to re-install. Just be aware of what DRM the game itself ships with.

And YES nin, I GOT FAR CRY BLOOD DRAGON.
Thanks for the info, Prez. Both games I'm interested in specifically say, drm free, but I know they both originally had starforce. So they would/have to list it, if they did contain starforce or drm? Guess I'm asking if GamersGate is trustworthy.
Neuro Hunter

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 14:24 Acleacius

What's the word on GamersGate? I found a couple of older EU retro titles without the dreaded starforce they originally used. Sound likes you can only install the downloaded game files, once you log in. However it doesn't sound like you have to log in every time you play the game.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2013, 19:10 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 11:56:
Papers, Please! Woot!!!!! Easily my favorite indie game this year.
I've got to try this game, sounds really great.

It's really too bad we PC gamers are missing The Last of Us, sounds amazing. I've tried to read about it, the one thing (not counting, excluding the PC of course.) I don't understand is why get a 30 year old actress to play a 14 year old. Surely all the wonderful young talent could do an excellent job. ChloŽ Grace Moretz, Dakota Fanning, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson and Hailee Steinfeld?

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:44 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 18:26:
nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:50:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? (Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach!)

WTF PREZ?!?!?

How can you say no to this?

I actually found the game very distracting - and couldn't finish past the first 30 minutes....I had just finished a very lengthy 100% play through of FC3 though.....
Same here, there is something so wrong with that first area, could never get it to save. It just pissed me off so much, I stopped trying to play the game. I kept reading about it being a bug, but it was never fixed.

On the other hand FC3 was amazingly good, especially with Ziggy's and the Immersive Sounds. uplay sucks though, can't believe those clowns at ubi force us to log in twice to play a game.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
65. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 18:24 Acleacius

Ant wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 21:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 19:09:
I've got a coupon for this game forever in my inventory and couldn't give it away as everyone on my friends list and on my friends friends list already have this game.
With this deal I think the coupon will be in my inventory forevah!
Dang dude. I could have taken it before today. LOL.
Hope you got it ok Ant! Seems I got it downloaded in time, still there on the 26th!

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:08 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 13:56:
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is on at Amazon for $5. Totally worth it.
Sweet! Damn wish CoJ on Steam was $5, but I've still got it on disc. It's weird amazon sells the other CoJ sequels but not the original Steam code version.

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 13:58:
Most of those Origin deals are pretty pathetic, but if you've never played it, getting the entire Mass Effect trilogy for 24 bucks is incredible value.
Woah, slow that Mustang down there!

It's been on sale several times on amazon's sale for $9.99! BUT IT'S STILL MISSING THE DLC! It will go on sale again on 1/1/2014. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a possibility of getting the dlc on sale, but it's origin.

Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach, but I pride myself on being a cheapskate being thrifty and frugal!
It's been on amazon's sale several times for $7.50 and will be again the 27th!

Edit: origin sale is craptastic.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2013, 18:18.

News Comments > On Sale
31. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 21:35 Acleacius

Amazon Holiday Sale list, since I haven't seen it posted in awhile.  

16. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 18:21 Acleacius

Looks like Valve saw the error of their wicked ways.

All I had to do was click on Install, while on the Left for Dead 2 page. I got a message saying Left for Dead 2 had been registered to my account. I then could choose to install, visit the store or library.

Edit: Unless of course Registered to your Account doesn't mean own.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2013, 18:30.

11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 17:27 Acleacius

How Valve broke the internet!

Stay Classy Valve and thanks! Santa

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 21:18 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 19:57:
"Quagmire: Alyssa Milano, I knew you were gonna be hot when you were nine."
I'm guessing the same about ChloŽ Grace Moretz.

Anyone got a chance to try Contagion? Looks like it might be Coop, instead of pvp. Also not being forced to drink water every 5 min or constantly hounded to drink, is a plus to me.

Damn, doesn't say if prices on GamersGate are EU or US.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2013, 21:55.

3718 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo