Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3569 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
45. Re: id: RAGE Aug 5, 2013, 01:23 Acleacius

"I'm proud of what we did, I'm proud of the universe that we built. ......"
roflmao, universe?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek Sites Breached
5. Re: Crytek Sites Breached Aug 3, 2013, 15:29 Acleacius

Here's hoping they fix the crappy games at crytek  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2013, 15:18 Acleacius

Until Blue gets a chance to post something official...
Fallout day on Steam

News Comments > Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin
12. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 11:32 Acleacius

Very useful!  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
25. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 17:43 Acleacius

I'm hoping Avalanche Studios cares enough about the quality of their game to hire a real writer. I guess they could just be making a similar action game to Just Cause, in the Mad Max world.

I would prefer an RPG, something with more depth and custom made Mad *avatars with character generation, at the start of the game. They could probably save tons of money, having a silent protagonist. Instead spend all their money on great writer and NPC voice actors. Also of course make it Coop, like Dead Island and they would have a major success financially and critically.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2013, 10:24 Acleacius

Best Google Doodle, ever?  

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
9. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 5, 2013, 12:55 Acleacius

Dishonored please stop making Bone Charms random and let us add charm points to our desired build, just as Runes. Nothing like playing Stealth and getting crappy tanking or damage charms to ruin your game.

omg'er can't wait to see the totally awesome, new super duper doom 4, doom 5 and doom 6000 engines in a game. It's like reality but better!

News Comments > WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts?
10. Re: WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts? Jul 5, 2013, 12:44 Acleacius

Now newer than ever, spend $100 US and hit level 200 in 7 days instead of waiting the full 8 days!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DARK
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - DARK Jul 4, 2013, 18:38 Acleacius

How disenchanting  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DARK
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - DARK Jul 4, 2013, 12:00 Acleacius

Yeah, high hopes for a good game!  

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jul 2, 2013, 08:53 Acleacius

I needed a break from GW2, having fun with The Secret World, especially for the price and full access F2P. TSW $9.99, I've only heard it lower at GMG, with a coupon bring it to $5.99.

Great graphics, some of the best mmog work giving NPCs voice, personality to world, with storied cutscenes. Quests are tied to the story often creatively and funny. A 15 year old, heavy metal fan who due to watching and playing so many zombie movies and games, knows what's up and has set up a fortress at a skate park.

Weaknesses are overwhelming Build choices despite official line "you can't make a mistake", you can screw up and make a weak build while low level. Animations are average and I found disabling DX 11 allowed the game to run better all around. I heard from friends who played AoC for a couple of years, DX 11 had never really optimized correctly there either.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2013, 14:22 Acleacius

Oh the nightmares and horrors of corpses in EQ, camping graveyards trying to get groups. :-masochism-:

Axis wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 10:39:
No 3d mmo has been 'hard' since EQ, period.

None of these newbgen players have any idea what a hard, demanding MMO is like. Corpse loss, camping Jboots (haha), a real sense of fear of screwing up -- everyone had to have their shit together and there was no forum spoilers or crybabies -- you discovered shit for yourself and dealt with it.

There's a place for a no-bullshit, difficult MMO, and I'm glad I was a part of the EQ craziness out of the gate -- but personally I won't go down that road again.
Hehe, you clearly never played Vanguard.

I still have to believe soe bought Vanguard so, they can incorporate Vanguard and EQ3. Everything in Vanguard, was so much better than EQ2, except enough funding to finish it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2013, 10:24 Acleacius

DX 11.2 is SO advanced and light years ahead of previous version, it couldn't possibly be backwards compatible.

trust me.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 23:47 Acleacius

Well grabbed TSW, almost got it installed. Damn 16 gig dl and 35 gig install.

I was thinking of joining Arcadia (RP), any suggestions on which faction to start with? I'm thinking of going for Blood/Elemental as a solo build, since I generally play mage classes. I've been trying to read as many "Things I wish I would have known" threads as possible, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
25. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 20, 2013, 11:10 Acleacius

The real lingering and potential problem is Obsidian. I just hope Feargus, Chris's (cubed) and Darren know to be careful. Bethesda would do the same thing to Obsidian. Take them down and buy them cheap, if they get the chance.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 Acleacius

Imo, the real loss is not being able to make our own Mad 'Hero' (male or female) taking our own brand of justice to the post apocalyptic wasteland. I don't want to be playing some other wanker's character, Aussie or not.

Also this violent world would have made for great RPGishness. So far I haven't seen any info other than action based.

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
24. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 20, 2013, 09:04 Acleacius

Too bad really, I'm a huge fan of HH and I trust them more than Bethesda. Afai am concerned HH was the brains and talent of Raven Software before the split over being id software's toadies to make the SoF games. Games like Heretic, Hexen, Heretic 2 and Hexen 2. After the split HH made Rune a Viking melee combat, Coop game and many had a blast playing it.

Personally, I bet Bethesda is willing to kill off HH (if they can), since they wouldn't sell out. This especially since Bethesda bought out id, who were the impetus of the Raven split. I highly doubt HH want's anything to do with being near id, or Bethesda now.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
103. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 20, 2013, 01:00 Acleacius

Damn I've never seen m$ so desperate, it's like being forced to watch the Titanic sink.

What a perfect time to throw in another 5 billion to make console exclusives, AGAIN. I'm sure it would go over remarkably well. Backstab

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 00:27 Acleacius

Thanks a lot, for all the feedback! Salute Thanks

I really didn't expect it to be great, mostly wanted to try something new and $15 is hard to beat.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2013, 00:17 Acleacius

I never saw 'The Sopranos' but True Romance was amazing. Speaking of amazing Patricia Arquette is still drop dead gorgeous.

3569 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo