Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3539 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jul 2, 2013, 08:53 Acleacius

I needed a break from GW2, having fun with The Secret World, especially for the price and full access F2P. TSW $9.99, I've only heard it lower at GMG, with a coupon bring it to $5.99.

Great graphics, some of the best mmog work giving NPCs voice, personality to world, with storied cutscenes. Quests are tied to the story often creatively and funny. A 15 year old, heavy metal fan who due to watching and playing so many zombie movies and games, knows what's up and has set up a fortress at a skate park.

Weaknesses are overwhelming Build choices despite official line "you can't make a mistake", you can screw up and make a weak build while low level. Animations are average and I found disabling DX 11 allowed the game to run better all around. I heard from friends who played AoC for a couple of years, DX 11 had never really optimized correctly there either.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2013, 14:22 Acleacius

Oh the nightmares and horrors of corpses in EQ, camping graveyards trying to get groups. :-masochism-:

Axis wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 10:39:
No 3d mmo has been 'hard' since EQ, period.

None of these newbgen players have any idea what a hard, demanding MMO is like. Corpse loss, camping Jboots (haha), a real sense of fear of screwing up -- everyone had to have their shit together and there was no forum spoilers or crybabies -- you discovered shit for yourself and dealt with it.

There's a place for a no-bullshit, difficult MMO, and I'm glad I was a part of the EQ craziness out of the gate -- but personally I won't go down that road again.
Hehe, you clearly never played Vanguard.

I still have to believe soe bought Vanguard so, they can incorporate Vanguard and EQ3. Everything in Vanguard, was so much better than EQ2, except enough funding to finish it.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2013, 10:24 Acleacius

DX 11.2 is SO advanced and light years ahead of previous version, it couldn't possibly be backwards compatible.

trust me.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 23:47 Acleacius

Well grabbed TSW, almost got it installed. Damn 16 gig dl and 35 gig install.

I was thinking of joining Arcadia (RP), any suggestions on which faction to start with? I'm thinking of going for Blood/Elemental as a solo build, since I generally play mage classes. I've been trying to read as many "Things I wish I would have known" threads as possible, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
25. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 20, 2013, 11:10 Acleacius

The real lingering and potential problem is Obsidian. I just hope Feargus, Chris's (cubed) and Darren know to be careful. Bethesda would do the same thing to Obsidian. Take them down and buy them cheap, if they get the chance.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 Acleacius

Imo, the real loss is not being able to make our own Mad 'Hero' (male or female) taking our own brand of justice to the post apocalyptic wasteland. I don't want to be playing some other wanker's character, Aussie or not.

Also this violent world would have made for great RPGishness. So far I haven't seen any info other than action based.

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
24. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 20, 2013, 09:04 Acleacius

Too bad really, I'm a huge fan of HH and I trust them more than Bethesda. Afai am concerned HH was the brains and talent of Raven Software before the split over being id software's toadies to make the SoF games. Games like Heretic, Hexen, Heretic 2 and Hexen 2. After the split HH made Rune a Viking melee combat, Coop game and many had a blast playing it.

Personally, I bet Bethesda is willing to kill off HH (if they can), since they wouldn't sell out. This especially since Bethesda bought out id, who were the impetus of the Raven split. I highly doubt HH want's anything to do with being near id, or Bethesda now.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
103. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 20, 2013, 01:00 Acleacius

Damn I've never seen m$ so desperate, it's like being forced to watch the Titanic sink.

What a perfect time to throw in another 5 billion to make console exclusives, AGAIN. I'm sure it would go over remarkably well. Backstab

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 00:27 Acleacius

Thanks a lot, for all the feedback! Salute Thanks

I really didn't expect it to be great, mostly wanted to try something new and $15 is hard to beat.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2013, 00:17 Acleacius

I never saw 'The Sopranos' but True Romance was amazing. Speaking of amazing Patricia Arquette is still drop dead gorgeous.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2013, 23:35 Acleacius

Anyone playing TSW or going to buy, I'm gonna pull the trigger on it, since it's now Pay Once, Play Forever like GW2?

Here's what I've heard/read while trying to decide. It was rushed out like Age of Conan, in a beta state which caused many negative reviews. Now they done much to fix the initial release problems, though the animations still suffer some. I'm hearing it's Story Heavy, Voiced Dialog, Exploration and Puzzle Solving. The puzzles are apparently pretty complex like breaking Morse Code, Deciphering Hebrew texts and has a built in Web Browser tool to help.

The different weapons are guns (pistols, machine guns and shotguns), magic (Chaos, Blood and Elementalism), Swords and Fists. There are no levels and apparently it's possible unlock all skills (though from what I've read it's a waste of time) but you really only need enough for the few preferred builds. Apparently you can combine any weapons and magic and combat has active dodging similar to GW2.

If anyone has anything to add, I'd appreciated it as I'm getting a little board with GW2 and single player releases atm.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2013, 00:56 Acleacius

Anna Torv or Courtnee Draper?  

News Comments > Mars: War Logs Voice Acting Fixed
1. Re: Mars: War Logs Voice Acting Fixed Jun 18, 2013, 20:27 Acleacius

Really hope this helps their sales, there seems to be a lot of potenital for this developer.  

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
25. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 18, 2013, 18:20 Acleacius

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:57:
I'm not sure how Steam can "add" DRM to a GOG game, you'll still have the executable you downloaded from GOG you can install anytime you want.
My guess was games on Steam might require a certain functionality to run. Something like a Steam.dll or other which would need to be added to the directory to run on Steam.

Ludomancer wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 17:08:
No, they might check the directory and files to verify it's not something pirated from Steam itself, but otherwise it would be taboo for Steam to modify an application released by someone else.
Gtk, thanks. As I mention above it was just a guess. I'm still a rookie to Steam, less than 2 years ago since Dead Island.

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
18. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 18, 2013, 16:32 Acleacius

Thanks for the sale!

Xero wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:34:
Is there anyway to link your bought games on gog to steam? lol, I prefer having a 1 stop app to all my games... If it were possible, I would consider this site's deals...
It might cause Steam to add DRM to a GOG game, both Steam and GOG sell. You can always log into Steam, then run your nonSteam game, using the UI and Friends functions, without adding it to Steam.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Rumor
8. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 10:57 Acleacius

He just got the date wrong by one year, 10/2014.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2013, 00:00 Acleacius

Happy Birthday, Mrs. lovely wife O'Blue! Cake

Here's hoping there's another kick ass, action scene tonight in Continuum. It only took 1 season 7 episodes! Grin

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
31. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 22:51 Acleacius

Over looking one minor detail, for the most part of 6000 years it has been male dominated societies, setting the rules with violence. We live in a rape societies, from high school, college and professional sports to the military. Women are blamed for the sexuality, rapes justified because of clothing or just the fact a girl was drinking.

The reason women are objectified for profit is because men created the societies and laws. In the US women still don't have federal Equal Rights 35 of 38 ratified states needed. You'll be shocked to know there is one political party fighting to prevent ERA. Bet you can't even guess, which party is trying to prevent women from being equal in the eyes of the law. They have even passed more than 150 pieces of legislation in JUST in the last 2.5 years to repress women's rights even more.

Women still don't have equal educational funding, yet have higher rates of college degrees. Many women are forced to sexualize themselves for profits to support their childeren as models, dancers and prostitutes. It is a majority women that stay with and raise families alone, that was even before divorce existed.

There is no way to separate male egotism for profit, from the suffrage of women. What male can justify this?

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
31. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 16, 2013, 11:45 Acleacius

It would really kick ass if they could expand it to 4 player Coop, but not sure that's possible without exe editing.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Footage
4. Re: Shadow Warrior Footage Jun 15, 2013, 16:29 Acleacius

Here's hoping they remember Shadow Warrior is COOP! W00tw00t :-ninja-:

3539 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo