Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3646 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2014, 09:47 Acleacius

Happy Birthday Ant, hope the mound is safe and warm! Cake Headbang  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 2K Czech Restructures
8. Re: 2K Czech Restructures Jan 10, 2014, 16:04 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 15:11:
siapnar wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 14:26:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 11:49:
I still haven't played Mafia 2, even though I was a huge fan of Mafia. I just didn't trust those guys after the hostile takeover (of sorts) in between the two games. There is a pretty big difference between the two according to Metacritic. I probably should pick it up sometime on sale, maybe the summer 75% off sale.
Mafia 2 is absolutely gorgeous to look at (they recreated the time period perfectly), and has moments of story-driven gameplay greatness similar to that of the first game. Unfortunately there are a few bad choices (the prison chapter, long sections of driving, poor melee combat, an abrupt ending, lack of open world activities) that brought it down from the classics podium.

I still thoroughly enjoyed it, having loved Mafia 1 so much.
I do wish there was more reason to explore the city other than just playing the story, though.

One thing you can count on still from 2K? Mafia 3 will look stunning, and mimic it's time period to a T

Pretty much my exact thoughts as well. Not a classic, but still a lot of fun. Recommended, for those that didn't try it.
Gtk, thanks siapnar and nin

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > 2K Czech Restructures
4. Re: 2K Czech Restructures Jan 10, 2014, 11:49 Acleacius

I still haven't played Mafia 2, even though I was a huge fan of Mafia. I just didn't trust those guys after the hostile takeover (of sorts) in between the two games. There is a pretty big difference between the two according to Metacritic. I probably should pick it up sometime on sale, maybe the summer 75% off sale.

I was lucky to have Mafia before, the legal struggle caused it to be taken off Steam.

News Comments > BBC: Valve VR SDK Next Week
13. Re: BBC: Valve VR SDK Next Week Jan 9, 2014, 14:43 Acleacius

Pretty sure, I just downloaded the sdk update on Steam.  

PC Gaming > Far Cry 3 save system annoyances
7. No subject Jan 9, 2014, 04:35 Acleacius

We hateis uplays

There is a way, what I do is create a manual system on all the console games ported to PC. Just find your save game directory, in this case: C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/Save games/ <long code>/46

Make a save before a mission, your interested in like overthrowing a base or main story. Then copy it to a newly made folder (I usually use a date system, in case I get distracted by a new game and come back to it) 1.9.2014 . The saves look like this '1.save', once again I identify them, so in this case I could rename this one to '1.save.pre Dr. Earnhardt'. Then anytime you want to replay it, just delete the 1.save in the real directory, copy over '1.save.pre Dr. Earnhardt' and rename it to 1.save . It works for any of these console to PC games, Metro 2033 was another bad one.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 8, 2014, 09:51 Acleacius

Excellent idea about the water, I'm glad to see common sense is possible across party lines.

There are not consequences, for political corruption and lobbing, despite direct correlations of egregious harm to state and nation.

At every level, If Another Country Was Doing This To Our Kids, Wed Be At War.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
44. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 18:36 Acleacius

never trust the sega!  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2014, 00:01 Acleacius

Cold U.S. Temperatures Expected To Break Records As 'Polar Vortex' Blasts Midwest
Polar Vortex, wtf? I had to look it up, apparently it's caused by too many taxes on the rich! I checked to confirm it with foxnews.

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 21:49:
Is it just me, or is that a REALLY fast turn around on the Veronica Mars movie?
Probably just because I'm anxious but thought it was taking too long.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
37. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 15:41 Acleacius

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:20:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:17:
So let me get this straight....it is now past 1300, so you can no longer buy or sell the globes - but they were down for how many hours? And now you can't do anything with them, and they are probably going to yank all of them? wow. Classy!
Yeah that does suck.
I was expecting Steam to at least expand the sale a few hours due to the issues they've had.
Instead they just ignored it like it never happened.
I'm not 100% sure (probably someone like Dev would know) but think it's because of the contracts, all these sales are setup months ahead of time. It's possible some dickish company like ea, activision or ubi could sue Valve if they continued the sale without permission.

El Pit wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:37:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 12:32:
Omg I'm a spammer, I suck!
Damn I tried to delete post 18 and 19 but don't have permission, sorry Blue.

Ahaaaaaaaa! SAY NO MORE! So, you're DDoSing Blue's News, right? RIGHT?! NSA waterboarding, Guantanamo Bay, or a Justin Bieber concert. It's your choice.
Oh, oh, could I pick waterboarding justin bieber and nsa, at guantanamo bay? Can I, can I, please, please? Mwahaha Plotting

Or since they are already active, could easily been:
'Syrian Electronic Army' hacks Skype's Twitter and blog accounts

News Comments > Fallouts Returning to Steam
3. Re: Fallouts Returning to Steam Jan 3, 2014, 12:39 Acleacius

They had to add the line: So long, herv (you dick).  

19. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:32 Acleacius

Please delete me!

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2014, 12:43.

20. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:32 Acleacius

I started having trouble connecting late last nite but didn't really effect me since I just logged in offline to play.

This is just kids, as pointed out Valve/Steam has no real strategic power in government or politics.

Damn now I'm unable to post to Blue's forum!

Edit: Omg I'm a spammer, I suck!
Damn I tried to delete post 18 and 19 but don't have permission, sorry Blue.

18. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:32 Acleacius

Please delete me!

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2014, 12:44.

News Comments > On Sale (2)
6. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 2, 2014, 20:36 Acleacius

I thought Rift servers got turned off.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2014, 13:58 Acleacius

Last day of Amazon sale  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2014, 12:16 Acleacius

and you know, you didn't marry a stripper or anything.
It's DANCER!

Hope everyone's safe, Happy New Year! Pimp

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
2. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 12:00 Acleacius

Yup, no more herv to gum up the works.  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2013, 22:36 Acleacius

I caved, bought the Steam Mass Effect Collection. Shame

Logged into origin account (no software), registered my ME. Now can't see any of the 3 games I have registered there, ME, DAO and SWTOR. After browsing the quick fixes, with no luck, got into que for Live Support. Once connected, was told I had to do the following list (leaving the reps name out).

Create an account in http://www.pogo.com/

2 - Login into https://profile.ea.com/login.do using the EA email id and password.

3- Scroll down the page, click on " Add Persona".

4- Select option " existing EA classic screen name". It will open a login window.

5- Login using pogo screen name and password.

6- Click on " Add Persona".

7- Now pogo screen name should appear under " Select a default persona" heading.

8- Double click on the pogo screen name.

Wtf, I have to register a new account at some hokey game site called pogo games? ea has already made me register with ea and origin, now pogo just to see my current games.This seems like one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of, where the hell does ea bullshit stop?

Anyone have any insight into wth is going on and if this popo site is legit?

Thanks for any tips.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2013, 20:25 Acleacius

Cheers all, stay safe! Party2

./kicks 2013 out the door! Kick

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 31, 2013, 02:53 Acleacius

"Croft" A Tomb Raider Fan Film
Am I really the only one who watched this, can anyone explain the ending in spoilers?

Thanks

3646 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo