Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3541 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 16:18 Acleacius

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait till the Winter Sale or get lucky with a Flash sale . The 3 games (skyrim, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider) I need dlc on are still stuck at 50% off.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown Released
2. Re: State of Decay Breakdown Released Nov 30, 2013, 14:04 Acleacius

Give us a report on the DLC. I was holding off, since it sounded like Challenge events, which sounded like more spam spawning.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > On Sale
43. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 13:55 Acleacius

Quinn wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 10:59:
Moog wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 08:14:
nin wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 03:18:
Skyrim is the same way...they still want a minimum of $10 each for the two main DLCs...
If you have Vanilla Skyrim, can't you just buy the Legendary edition and, in effect, add all the DLC to your vanilla copy? Well, if the 75% off hadn't finished.

This. The next time I'm gonna hear an adult whine about the Skyrim DLC prices when the Legendary version is going away for 13 euros, I'm gonna shoot someone.
Lol, why would a person buy Legendary if they already have Skyrim? Then you have 2 Skyrim games and 1 Dlc. I'm new to Steam so I don't know all the rules but are you guys suggesting we can just give away the Skyrim from Legendary and keep the Dlc ?

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay?
16. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 29, 2013, 22:03 Acleacius

DangerDog wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 18:45:
Doesn't this use CryEngine 3?
It uses some form of crytek engine, since they gave them credit in the closing credits.

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay?
9. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 29, 2013, 16:32 Acleacius

A pretty good indie title, I'd give it 75 atm but a 86 if fix the camera/FOV issues and spawn spamming of zombs every 10 feet.

It's and open world but you can't really run around exploring very much due to the spawning and weight limit. They don't put items back in chests or drop(iirc) items on the ground.

It needs some work but on the plus side it's 50% off today on Steam.

News Comments > On Sale
33. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 18:15 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 17:51:
... Also they have the Risen 2 + DLC bundle on for $6? Is that worth it?
Did you see this? Risen Franchise Pack [Download] At least to me, they are easily worth $7.00. Probably not as good as Gothics but damn close. You will defiantly know your are playing a PB game.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2013, 18:20.

News Comments > On Sale
30. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 18:09 Acleacius

Gymper wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 17:36:
Buy the regular Steam edition on Amazon for $7.49 and then buy the Far Cry3 Deluxe Bundle DLC from Steam for $4.99. I just grabbed the two, so it works!
Excellent, thanks! Can't believe I missed the Far Cry3 Deluxe Bundle DLC in my search. Sleeping

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 17:27 Acleacius

DangerDog wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 17:06:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 16:02:
It always seems we get just a taste on Thanksgiving, but the real deals are during the winter sale.

I found the opposite to be true last year, especially the Steam sale.
Good, if there anything like your Reddit/Amazon it will be great and thanks for the list, btw!

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 16:30 Acleacius

Anyone now if there's a way to upgrade Far Cry 3 to Deluxe or buy extra dlc ? A friend is worried he won't be able to play Coop with us, if he can't upgrade. The amazon deal for $7.49, is a steal if you don't already have it.

Edit: Also is the Saints Row 3 main story fully coop, a couple of us are thinking about getting it for Coop? The Full Package Looks like another steal at 7.49.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2013, 16:52.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 16:02 Acleacius

It always seems we get just a taste on Thanksgiving, but the real deals are during the winter sale.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
52. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 04:14 Acleacius

The game is great fun but my big problem with State of Decay is the constant and ridiculous spawning. It's beyond any form of comprehension and it annoys with unbelievability. I've heard there's a mod, at the official forums that addresses it but haven't found it so far.

That being said, if they were able to address it, by allowing the player to set the spawn rate, higher or lower I would give this game 86% on the indie scale.

There's not really any big character development, you just get some characters with personalities, base management, resource management and a lot of zombie killing. We'll have to wait for Dead State for hard core RPG character development.

I've would highly suggest getting some non spoiler Tips to save yourself several restarts. Here's the IGN Starter Guide and Game Pressure Tips
Try not to read out of those sections, unless you want spoilers. They are basically, 'Things I wish, I knew before playing'.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
10. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 15:35 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:55:
Dammit...still not paying $10 each for those Skyrim expansions I need...

edit: Oh, and go buy Sleeping Dogs!

Exactly, it's a BS setup. Normally when a game is at 75% off, so is the DLC.

Now I have to keep checking back every 8 hours for the Flash sales!

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY Nov 24, 2013, 21:04 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 15:48:
If someone doesn't have it, Red Dead GOTY edtion is $15, right now. Hop to it!

Thanks! Wait, it won't let me choose PC!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
76. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 16:21 Acleacius

Sad news, sorry for the loss of your Grandma Belle and Hudson, such a tough week.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 15:51 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 14:31:
I am LOVING State of Decay! You know that game that makes you stay up way past your bedtime and makes you wish work would just hurry up and get over with so you could go home and play it? That's 'State of Decay' for me. I am addicted to leveling up my survivors and keeping them alive (though I am not always successful at that). I thought I was sick of zombie games; clearly the genre has some life left in it though.
Thanks Prez, this looks great. I completely missed this one and I'm not tired of Zombies at all.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
71. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 23, 2013, 12:49 Acleacius

Too bad he didn't leave before, he personally destroyed the creditability of the company. Or let someone else design games who had a clue beyond 'shoot, shoot, bang, bang'.

Also mocking gamers and fans who supported id in the early days. Telling them he didn't care what kind of game or features they wanted, he only made what he wanted.

His actions have shown him to be a control freak, who is out of touch with not only id fans but the game industry.

At least there's a chance Bethesda can turn the company into something beyond pathetic. No doubt Rage was an improvement for id but it was still an unfinished mess beyond the driving and gunplay. Not to mention the engine seemed to be a graphical disaster, just like doom 3, at release.

News Comments > Fallout 4(?) "Nuclear Winter" Teased
25. Re: Fallout 4(?) Nov 22, 2013, 17:38 Acleacius

I can hardly wait, another adult themed post apocalyptic story written for 12 year olds !!!

Edited: To add two more explanation points, cause I'm really excited.

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
21. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 03:11 Acleacius

Thing is, there are SO MANY better games to play.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2013, 23:35 Acleacius

seven days till the autumn steam sale  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
9. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 13:14 Acleacius

Axis wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 10:48:
Meanwhile... the hardcore gaming community is engrossed in PoE and has no interest in Diablo III: Rectums of Shit
PoE is a blast and since you didn't link it, Path of Exile

It's on sale for FREE, for a limited time!

3541 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo