Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3569 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 01:32 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 17:37:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 15:24:
Guess I'm asking if GamersGate is trustworthy.

I'd say yes. I've used them quite a bit in the past and never had a problem.
Excellent, thanks!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 15:24 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:28:
Gamer's Gate is pretty low on the DRM end. Download, install, and activate throught there proprietary downloader then never use it again unless you need to re-install. Just be aware of what DRM the game itself ships with.

And YES nin, I GOT FAR CRY BLOOD DRAGON.
Thanks for the info, Prez. Both games I'm interested in specifically say, drm free, but I know they both originally had starforce. So they would/have to list it, if they did contain starforce or drm? Guess I'm asking if GamersGate is trustworthy.
Neuro Hunter

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 14:24 Acleacius

What's the word on GamersGate? I found a couple of older EU retro titles without the dreaded starforce they originally used. Sound likes you can only install the downloaded game files, once you log in. However it doesn't sound like you have to log in every time you play the game.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2013, 19:10 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 11:56:
Papers, Please! Woot!!!!! Easily my favorite indie game this year.
I've got to try this game, sounds really great.

It's really too bad we PC gamers are missing The Last of Us, sounds amazing. I've tried to read about it, the one thing (not counting, excluding the PC of course.) I don't understand is why get a 30 year old actress to play a 14 year old. Surely all the wonderful young talent could do an excellent job. ChloŽ Grace Moretz, Dakota Fanning, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson and Hailee Steinfeld?

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:44 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 18:26:
nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:50:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? (Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach!)

WTF PREZ?!?!?

How can you say no to this?

I actually found the game very distracting - and couldn't finish past the first 30 minutes....I had just finished a very lengthy 100% play through of FC3 though.....
Same here, there is something so wrong with that first area, could never get it to save. It just pissed me off so much, I stopped trying to play the game. I kept reading about it being a bug, but it was never fixed.

On the other hand FC3 was amazingly good, especially with Ziggy's and the Immersive Sounds. uplay sucks though, can't believe those clowns at ubi force us to log in twice to play a game.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
65. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 18:24 Acleacius

Ant wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 21:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 19:09:
I've got a coupon for this game forever in my inventory and couldn't give it away as everyone on my friends list and on my friends friends list already have this game.
With this deal I think the coupon will be in my inventory forevah!
Dang dude. I could have taken it before today. LOL.
Hope you got it ok Ant! Seems I got it downloaded in time, still there on the 26th!

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:08 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 13:56:
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is on at Amazon for $5. Totally worth it.
Sweet! Damn wish CoJ on Steam was $5, but I've still got it on disc. It's weird amazon sells the other CoJ sequels but not the original Steam code version.

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 13:58:
Most of those Origin deals are pretty pathetic, but if you've never played it, getting the entire Mass Effect trilogy for 24 bucks is incredible value.
Woah, slow that Mustang down there!

It's been on sale several times on amazon's sale for $9.99! BUT IT'S STILL MISSING THE DLC! It will go on sale again on 1/1/2014. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a possibility of getting the dlc on sale, but it's origin.

Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach, but I pride myself on being a cheapskate being thrifty and frugal!
It's been on amazon's sale several times for $7.50 and will be again the 27th!

Edit: origin sale is craptastic.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2013, 18:18.

News Comments > On Sale
31. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 21:35 Acleacius

Amazon Holiday Sale list, since I haven't seen it posted in awhile.  

16. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 18:21 Acleacius

Looks like Valve saw the error of their wicked ways.

All I had to do was click on Install, while on the Left for Dead 2 page. I got a message saying Left for Dead 2 had been registered to my account. I then could choose to install, visit the store or library.

Edit: Unless of course Registered to your Account doesn't mean own.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2013, 18:30.

11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 17:27 Acleacius

How Valve broke the internet!

Stay Classy Valve and thanks! Santa

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 21:18 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 19:57:
"Quagmire: Alyssa Milano, I knew you were gonna be hot when you were nine."
I'm guessing the same about ChloŽ Grace Moretz.

Anyone got a chance to try Contagion? Looks like it might be Coop, instead of pvp. Also not being forced to drink water every 5 min or constantly hounded to drink, is a plus to me.

Damn, doesn't say if prices on GamersGate are EU or US.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2013, 21:55.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 17:04 Acleacius

ShinyLoot  

News Comments > On Sale
35. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 00:28 Acleacius

Krovven wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 23:57:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 23:48:
Odd, sounds like we are saying the same thing, but according to you I'm complaining.

Maybe try re-reading what I said. I didn't say you were complaining. I said if you want it to change you need to complain...as in to the Publisher to get it changed for future sales. /facepalm

All you can do is complain. It worked to get the DLC discounted for Van Helsing...but I really doubt a company as big as Bethesda is going to care.
Doh, my bad!

Edit:Yeah, my bet is they will wait till Legendary price drops enough to where they are equal prices.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2013, 00:54.

News Comments > On Sale
31. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 23:48 Acleacius

Krovven wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 23:34:
How would it being in the $10 category improve it's public view over being on the front page as a Flash Sale? Makes no sense.
Maybe I'm missing your point. Viewership? Front page of Steam. On Specials List for bargain shoppers. Draws them in for the cheaper vanilla price without the download content.

It's the same scam as a lot of other companies have been doing lately. Massively discount the base game, leaving the DLC with a small discount, or none at all and hoping people that only buy the base game, or only have the base game already will turn around and drop $20 for Legendary or go for the DLC's Individually.

All you can do is complain. It worked to get the DLC discounted for Van Helsing...but I really doubt a company as big as Bethesda is going to care.
Odd, sounds like we are saying the same thing, but according to you I'm complaining.

Edit: Adding the link to page two.
Reddit Amazon Game Sales Wiki

News Comments > On Sale
28. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 23:03 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 19:09:
Bioware DLC can only be purchased using Bioware Points and Bioware Points never go on sale. So... yeah, you won't be seeing any discounts on ME DLC anytime soon.
Thanks for the info, I'm not surprised by anything antigamer or greedy by ea.

Jerykk wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 22:46:
I'm just amazed that there are people out there who still don't own Skyrim.

Also, the community sales are really annoying. People always vote for games that have already had the exact same discount many times before. Even if I'm not interested in a particular game, I will vote for it if the discount is unprecedented.
Best I can see is they still sell vanilla Skyrim for Flash sales (currently active) so they can be listed in the, Under $10 category to lure in the unsuspecting 'word of mouth' customers. Also, of course they want current Skyrim owners to buy Legendary, so they are holding back 75% off sales on dlc.

Anyone know about Contagion, it's getting some good reviews for being in Beta? I'm not sure if it's really survival but it does report 8 man Coop. Zombie killing on Source Engine and apparently it was a mod previously.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2013, 23:23.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 21:36 Acleacius

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:42:
-51C with windchill today. Its almost like nature WANTS me to stay in on my day off and work through my gaming backlog. And who am I to argue with nature?
Holy mother of Windchills!

Julio wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:30:
David Suzuki is a freeloading crackpot.
Your so much more articulate and informative, like a julioipedia of intelligence.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 15:15 Acleacius

Just found a Reddit based Game Sales Wiki and sent to Blue!
Reddit Amazon Game Sales Wiki

Looks Skrim dlc will have to be a Flash to hit 75% or they kept it off the lists. Also hard to believe ea is still excluding dlc from ME, even though the series is on sale for $9.99 a couple of times.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2013, 15:32.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 23:49 Acleacius

I liked Tomb Raider but hated having to play offline, so I could use Texmod for the nice looking mods.

Still hoping to catch Skyrim dlc for 75% off Flash sale. Other wise looks like it will be the Summer sale or a 1 year anniversary (February?) for Dragonborn.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
39. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 23:36 Acleacius

Oh there's a huge market for Coop zombie survival, but these games aren't it. I truly wonder what the stats are of the percentage of Coop players versus pvp. My personal guess is at least 40% of gamers are serious Coop players.

Too bad Techland are so anal about providing a Editor. If it's true the up coming Dying Light is Open World, then modding could make it one of the biggest and most successful zombvival games.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Updated Demo
9. Re: Age of Decadence Updated Demo Dec 22, 2013, 17:06 Acleacius

Started as a Drifter so I could set my own stats. I like the combat, feels very old school TB. Agree with Jerykk, it's annoying to not have more interaction, to be fair it could just be the demo state. While it's a small issue, I do very much like you can choose gender. So many games create a great world to explore but then force you to be who they want.

Another thing that could be an issue; in a game where there is no one to trust and you only look out for yourself, you seemingly lose any type of emotional connection, which is the foundation of any good story.

3569 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo