Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3886 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 14, 2015, 00:07 Acleacius

Anyone ever used Indigala, seems to have a sale on, if so are they Steam key games? I wouldn't mind picking up CoJ for $2.49
https://www.indiegala.com/store

Thanks

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Escape from Durgesh Prison DLC Released
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Escape from Durgesh Prison DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 12:34 Acleacius

I hate challenge game play, most times it's just disguised constant respawning.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2015, 17:48 Acleacius

Also CS team challenge games have been around the longest and is probably as popular as WoW is as a mmog. Billions of people on the planet more getting computers all the time, mean new never before buyers.

In dayz, people are probably multiboxing, since the only way to survive in a pvp gankfest is traveling with a team.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 10, 2015, 12:42 Acleacius

Slick wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 04:24:
I enjoyed a couple months with ESO with my wife, and it was genuinely fun, some of the missions were very well-crafted. .....what buries it for me is having to schedule my time so meticulously playing this game, can't get too far ahead or wifey won't be able to keep up. ......someone really needs to rework that dynamic. character progression without all the bullshit that goes along with trying to do it in sync with many other players.
I had this problem too, at times it was near impossible to sync up with team mates. My main, I play at my own pace and a separate Alt for each group. You'll get several added bonuses when you play with your wife. You'll know where you need to go, so your time playing together will be much more efficient and fun.

JohnBirshire I agree, well at least once I played through each area to experience the story. I defiantly don't see myself sticking around for pvp, which I never play.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
10. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 10, 2015, 12:23 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 04:11:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 03:47:
Not sure how I feel about the day to night changes, since I can't imagine any convincing lore. At least, Romero followed D&D rulesets for the most part. It's just having constantly respawning mobs and fighting them over and over and over, is extremely immersion breaking.

Not that hard to come up with a reason for zombies to be more dangerous at night. Maybe they are weakened by UV radiation or maybe their eyes are very sensitive to light.

Also, respawning zombies is kind of important. If they didn't respawn, you could just clear them all out and then there would be nothing hindering you from completing objectives. Killing zombies is a means to an end, not the end itself.
If that works for you, that's cool. It doesn't come close for me, a zombie is a being which can be killed. It's a shell of a human, rotted, broken and decaying. There are only so many humans, there for only so many zombies. Once you kill one, they don't get a 3rd-infinity lives. It's one of the cheapest game designs, the majority of games (90% +), do not use.

Since Dead Island was Coop, I let it slide and probably will with Dying Light. It was really the only Coop game in a long, long time. The fact they added RPGish to was amazing, in the sense it's exactly what gamers have been asking, for more than a decade. A classic example is The Elder Scroll series. I still remember cliffyb (the fool that killed Coop) in this very forum, lying his ass off about why Unreal, wasn't followed my a Coop game instead of only the pvp UT. Remember what he said, "because the scripting was too hard.". There wasn't a damn thing in Dead Island scripting too hard, certainly no more than any mmog pve.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
8. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 10, 2015, 03:47 Acleacius

Not sure how I feel about the day to night changes, since I can't imagine any convincing lore. At least, Romero followed D&D rulesets for the most part. It's just having constantly respawning mobs and fighting them over and over and over, is extremely immersion breaking.  

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 23:11 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 22:40:
Still wondering what the point of ESO was to begin with. Did it offer ANYTHING that wasn't in the other 2 billion fantasy-themed MMO's out there?
It is sort of cool to see all the areas of Tamriel developed on a modern engine. To be honest despite it's flaws, the developer did a better job than Bethesda on quests and level designs, also the main story isn't bad by any means.

Beyond Skyrim may be raising the level. Video interview here.

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 20:39 Acleacius

Thanks, I sort of thought the whole $15 a month was some corporate delusion, but wasn't sure if I had missed something.

It's not a terrible game, I played it for a few months. It was something to do, while waited for more interesting games to be released. I stopped when they released the game on Steam but refused to let game owners post in the forums, much less give us our Steam key. In their deluded minds, we had to buy the game again to post on ESO Steam forums.

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
17. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 20:16 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:58:
Just finished Valiant Hearts the other night. It was an excellent tale, but damn, was it depressing! We forget what an insane clusterfuck WWI was.
Thanks for the tip, I don't mind heavy, as long as it's a good game and design.

I completed This War of Mine but was disappointed with one of the game designs. Afaik, it's based on the Bosnian war, where Serbian forces were committing Genocide, Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes. In the game, some places you can kill the army if they attack or going to attack you. In other places, even though the army is obviously evil if you kill them even after them shooting you first, the game calls you a murderer. It made me stop playing the game.

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 19:18 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:38:
Some boneheaded suits with visions of sugarplums - and WoW like numbers of monthly subscribers - in their heads no doubt, because no one else was clamoring for one. Mebbe some kind of co-op/MP function, but not an MMO.
Exactly, all the fans asked for was Coop.

Does anyone know why, mmog publishers are obsessed with $15 US a month? Publishers are willing to let mmogs fail, rather than for instance charge $10 US a month.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 9, 2015, 18:08 Acleacius

Didn't find this in time to send it in but looks like GamersGate is having a best of 2014 sale, until Jan 12th.
GamersGate Holiday Sale 2014

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
6. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 14:52 Acleacius

eRe4s3r, in a way your making the case against yourself. By pointing out they all belong to the same organization yet they have one of the, if not the best list of GOTY awards I've seen so far. So your saying hey look, it must be corrupt cause they are all in a club, yet the club by action has done the best work.

I do agree, there could be a category about Indie only, yet they do cover many indies in the list.

News Comments > Zombie Studios Closed
6. Re: Zombie Studios Closed Jan 8, 2015, 14:10 Acleacius

Same here, never heard of them or played any of their games.  

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
4. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:32 Acleacius

I'd surprised if they actually sell any mafia II games at retail. It's not like 2k to sell a 5 year old game, ridiculously for $40 US.  

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 23:55 Acleacius

That's more of a reflection of the flood of indie games on the market and the world economy being in the tank, not Steam's lack of popularity.  

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 22:10 Acleacius

Yeah, to bad dayz doesn't do anything productive such as adding a Coop switch to servers. Instead it's nothing but a gankfest.

Fion, you might want to read some tips on what character to start with or what to build first, it can be a little overwhelming.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2015, 22:16.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
23. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated] Jan 3, 2015, 18:58 Acleacius

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 18:33:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 18:12:
There seems to be a bug, where all the Friends list log offs are the same. I.e. atm all my Friends list looks like they all logged off at the same time 3 hours ago.
It's based on the time you connect to the Steam Community. That means if there's an outage, and there frequently is, that it resets all the times. Valve really needs to improve the reliability of the Steam Community - I can't tell you how many times I've been kicked out of games that depend on it for multiplayer.
Thanks appreciate the info, yeah bet that does suck for multiplayer.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
20. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated] Jan 3, 2015, 18:12 Acleacius

There seems to be a bug, where all the Friends list log offs are the same. I.e. atm all my Friends list looks like they all logged off at the same time 3 hours ago.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2015, 19:25 Acleacius

Absolutely, they can't measure what they can't see.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV PC Online Hint
4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Online Hint Jan 1, 2015, 01:04 Acleacius

Thought about buying XIII, since it's on sale atm for $8 US. Then I read a review, mentioning it's not really open world or interactive, with basically no side quests at all. Apparently it's just a very linear story and a lot of combat. Hahaha_no  

3886 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo