Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3875 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
2. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 10:42 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx, not sure what sort of info your looking for but here's a quick bit I posted at another site when asked.
JDR13, I can only speak to Dying Light as a single player game atm, since I'm still waiting to try multiplayer with a friend away atm. It's a much better acted story, than Dead Island. Admittedly not hard to do if you remember the horrible acting from DI.

The main story is not without it's frustrations, the main villain interactions can be extremely annoying. The game is about half the length of DI, it only covers two maps for the most part. The parkour is a very cool feature, a couple of times the height of jumps made me stop, catch my breath and dry my hands. Sweatdrop

I don't really see how anyone could go wrong, if they liked DI, excepting the price. Well the game is shorter too, but much more refined in a good way (not perfect). I'm guessing you waited concerned about the price point of $60 US. So if you imagine yourself buying DI, at what price point was it worth it to you. Personally played DI for near 300 hours (just the time registered on Steam) and paid about $45 US. GreenMan always seems to have a 20% coupon, if you don't want to wait for random sale or Steam Summer sale. Do you know about Is There Any Deal?

Techland didn't screw anything up, if that's what your wondering. All in all it's a better version of DI. WarnerB does seem to care about long term so official modding does seem to be in the works.

With so much DLC coming and modding (per press release 2 or 3 days ago) now I'm wondering if the shorter game was more an attempt to extend the life with DLC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 23:07 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 21:00:
Zombies really are the perfect enemy and a zombie apolocalypse really is the perfect backdrop to an open-world survival game, which is why it is repeatedly used and also why people like me keep buying them.
Speaking of, is anyone trying The Forest? If their update on Tuesday tweaks COOP, I don't think I can resist buy it! It sounds much better than dayz and h1z1 with Coop being added and really nice graphics. The only thing missing seems to be an RPGish feel, no actual character development or questing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 20:41 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:09:
Wow, based on reviews of H1Z1, I'm amazed it even made this list, let alone the fact that it's still Early Access and will be FREE to play eventually.(not counting their microtransaction airdrops)
Think it's the same people who have been buying Dayz. So they don't really give a crap, as long as there is ganking!

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:17:
How the fuck are people not sick of zombie survival games by now? This reminds me of that WWII glut a decade ago.
I still believe it's due to zombies being the perfect enemy. They are 'Bulletproof' in gaming, since they are free from political and religious abuse/use.

Imagine the ayatollah or pat robbertson saying you will go to hell for killing zombies. Idiots can't use it for personal power gains, like leland lee or sara "got no brains for zombies to eat" palin.

Btw, that's really her online handle. Mwahaha

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 8, 2015, 14:55 Acleacius

The game is very good and the review is very accurate, though never played the demo.

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:35:
I tried the demo for Dead State was horrible. Now have zero interest in the game even if it was $5. And the fact that the devs are douchebags does nothing to help their cause.
Ooc, why do you think Brian & Brenda Mitsoda and DB team are douchebags?

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
18. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:54 Acleacius

It should be called "The AAA Publishers Pageantry PR and Ego Payoffs Show". Mwahaha  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
5. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 12:20 Acleacius

I'd guess with bigger name developers like this, they might not need as much help with finances. It could be this is more intended as free press and exposure, which is usually a pretty big expense paid by the publisher.  

News Comments > Bot Colony Ending
8. Re: Bot Colony Ending Jan 30, 2015, 21:22 Acleacius

Unless I've missed something and he really cared, all he would have to do is release the network source or source code to allow fans to run their own servers.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Life is Strange Jan 30, 2015, 12:49 Acleacius

Looks and sounds pretty awesome, but will probably wait for all the episodes too. At first I thought this was a sort of sequel to 'The Longest Journey' but it's different developer. Another reason I'm probably going to wait, it's from the 'Remember Me' developers, who seem to put console development above all considerations.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jan 30, 2015, 12:28 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 10:13:
Even as someone who got tired of Dead Island by the end, I admit the videos do make it look fun. If I wasn't still plowing through the fall releases, I'd have grabbed it. But as it is, I'll grab it in 6 months for half off...
Same, I've still got too many games to catch up on, Summer sale sounds about right.

News Comments > Left Behind Games Stock Scam
6. Re: Left Behind Games Stock Scam Jan 30, 2015, 12:21 Acleacius

180 degree irony == antichristian Devilish Mwahaha  

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
22. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 Acleacius

InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 03:11:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 02:46:
It's like you're a junk collector who is allowed to freely collect random junk and sell that junk to other junk collectors at the "Steam Market". The owner of the junk pile takes 10% of those sales though he doesn't charge you for the junk itself... But if you wanted to you could pay for specific junk. Some specific junk is created in the junk pile owner's "Steam Workshop" and a small percentage of that junk gets picked by the junk pile owner to litter his junk pile. The creators of this junk get 25% of the specific sales of the junk they created in the junk pile owner's workshop.

*Reads three times*

*Head explodes*

Lmao, good explanation, but I read it first thing in the morning. I kept thinking Fred Sanford was trying to sell me a piece of junk.

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow
5. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 19:59 Acleacius

Hah, the only game I know with QTE for sex and girlfriend satisfaction level!  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Tavern Songs & Sheet Music for Free Jan 26, 2015, 20:17 Acleacius

I don't think I would even install origin software for free DAI. I'll just wait and buy it on Steam, if I'm still around in 50 years.  

News Comments > Dying Light Steam Preloads
13. Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 25, 2015, 23:39 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 22:27:
It isn't a question of implementing a single feature. It's a matter of implementing both. Sure, games have had female protagonists but most games don't let you choose to be male or female. Sure, there are plenty of third-person games but most games don't let you choose between first or third-person cameras.

In order to implement a female character, you'd need:
- A new rig
- New animations
- New VO
- Potentially modified writing depending on whether or not there's anything gender-specific in it.

In order to implement a good third-person camera, you'd need to make a new camera system that accounts for numerous factors, such as:
- What happens when the environment gets between the player and the camera.
- What happens when the camera collides with the environment.
- What happens when a character gets between the player and the camera.
- What happens when the camera collides with a character.
- How does the camera handle the numerous states your character has (jumping, running, crouching, sliding, climbing, rolling, knockback, dropkicking, etc).
- How does the camera handle cutscenes.
- How do you position the camera so the character doesn't block the player's view or interfere with targeting.
- How do you make your animations look good when they were designed specifically to be viewed from first-person.

I've never played a game that had good first-person AND third-person cameras. One or both are always half-assed (see Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3/NV, Tribes, Hitman or ArmA for examples). There's a reason for that. Implementing a good camera system is not easy. Implementing two camera systems is even harder.
It's a good list but you know what, that's what they do for a living, it's their job. They are already doing all that programming, in the first place. It's actually just about targeting and animations, none of which is all that hard. Nor are setting collisions and texture transparencies. Most developers just choose not to do it. Sure it takes time, so does everything else. When first person is implemented there usually isn't precision jumping involved. Third person is usually involved in acrobatic maneuvers, which probably don't exist in DL. So there aren't a huge amount of extra animations needed.

The only reason it's crappy in all TES Morrowwind, Oblivion, Skyrim F3 and NV is because the engine is crap. bethesda intentionally dragged their feet about implementing 3rd for several years. Not to mention they suck at animations and targeting, both of which are modded in immediately. Most all mmogs (recently) Secret World, TOR and ESO. Bloodlines, State of Decay, Gothic (all 3), Risen (all 3) and just read GTA5 is going to have it.

11. Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 25, 2015, 21:40 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 19:04:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 14:45:
A couple of my biggest disappointments are forced predetermined PC, it's ridiculous we can't roll our own toon male or female. Second is forced FPS, why the hell do we can't we have zoom out perspective if we wish.

You act like implementing a third-person camera and female character are trivial. They are not (unless you're okay with them being janky and broken).
Female characters they've had in games, so the only issue we disagree on is 3rd person camera, which is easy enough that 90% of games feature it. You actually left out the costly part, the extra for female voice. Unless of course we are playing a silent protagonist and can't recall if there's been voice in the videos (most I've avoided).

4. Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 25, 2015, 14:45 Acleacius

A couple of my biggest disappointments are forced predetermined PC, it's ridiculous we can't roll our own toon male or female. Second is forced FPS, why the hell do we can't we have zoom out perspective if we wish. Third why are we forced to have a crappy FOV in FPS, this might be resolved if they added a slider in menu. Fourth constant respawning but it's Coop so it's only moderately annoying, instead of extremely.  

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
10. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 16:26 Acleacius

3 million, they could have been at 10 million easy with PvE. Afaik the PvE still sucks and you can't have a PvE only server of players against zombies and open world environmental survival.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
7. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 16:04 Acleacius

eRe4s3r I enjoyed it too for mocking of tropes and hope Cary Elwes will be back doing the voice! The first Bard Tales were great att, but would never sell and need a lot more modern game designs, like maps.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 23, 2015, 23:34 Acleacius

Amazon has both Wildstar versions on sale for 50% off, in case anyone is interested.  

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
8. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 12:08 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 11:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 10:36:
Watched some Twitch streams, and although they claim to NOT be Dead Island games, it looked identical.....

Sorry (not sorry). Bargain bin for me.

I'm surprised to hear that coming from you Batman, you of all people I would have thought liked these kinds of game. I bought this game from G2A.com got it for 32 dollars.

Looking forward to the Coop. but I never once felt that this was another Dead Island game. to me it felt more original and how can you complain about an entire city over run with Zombies and its a full on free roaming game.

And DI never allowed you to climb up on walls, or scale the side of a building. Thats all new and more like Ass Creed.
I sort of shocked too, now you've got me concerned too xXBatmanXx. I haven't had much time to pay attention these days. My big problem has always been respawning but it's easier to overlook in Coop. To me, the game didn't need the nighttime change or even the parkour. I only cared about a better story and acting, those were the lowest points for me.

I've never watched Twitch (not even this vid), but never expected it to be anything but a better Dead Island. I've always been under the impression Techland was doing what bioware did by creating alternate Star Wars and D&D universes. They didn't have to pay royalties, licensing fees and be at the mercy of the official Dead Island story from the books.

I'm with SpectralMeat on this, it's clear the survival aspects are what players seem to want and doing in a Coop situation, could be freaking awesome! Mwahaha

3875 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo