Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3860 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Steam Preloads
4. Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 25, 2015, 14:45 Acleacius

A couple of my biggest disappointments are forced predetermined PC, it's ridiculous we can't roll our own toon male or female. Second is forced FPS, why the hell do we can't we have zoom out perspective if we wish. Third why are we forced to have a crappy FOV in FPS, this might be resolved if they added a slider in menu. Fourth constant respawning but it's Coop so it's only moderately annoying, instead of extremely.  
"Let's not focus on her. That'll be like entering a bad K-hole you'll never wake up from." Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
10. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 16:26 Acleacius

3 million, they could have been at 10 million easy with PvE. Afaik the PvE still sucks and you can't have a PvE only server of players against zombies and open world environmental survival.

"Let's not focus on her. That'll be like entering a bad K-hole you'll never wake up from." Mr. Robot

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
7. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 16:04 Acleacius

eRe4s3r I enjoyed it too for mocking of tropes and hope Cary Elwes will be back doing the voice! The first Bard Tales were great att, but would never sell and need a lot more modern game designs, like maps.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 23, 2015, 23:34 Acleacius

Amazon has both Wildstar versions on sale for 50% off, in case anyone is interested.  

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
8. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 12:08 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 11:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 10:36:
Watched some Twitch streams, and although they claim to NOT be Dead Island games, it looked identical.....

Sorry (not sorry). Bargain bin for me.

I'm surprised to hear that coming from you Batman, you of all people I would have thought liked these kinds of game. I bought this game from G2A.com got it for 32 dollars.

Looking forward to the Coop. but I never once felt that this was another Dead Island game. to me it felt more original and how can you complain about an entire city over run with Zombies and its a full on free roaming game.

And DI never allowed you to climb up on walls, or scale the side of a building. Thats all new and more like Ass Creed.
I sort of shocked too, now you've got me concerned too xXBatmanXx. I haven't had much time to pay attention these days. My big problem has always been respawning but it's easier to overlook in Coop. To me, the game didn't need the nighttime change or even the parkour. I only cared about a better story and acting, those were the lowest points for me.

I've never watched Twitch (not even this vid), but never expected it to be anything but a better Dead Island. I've always been under the impression Techland was doing what bioware did by creating alternate Star Wars and D&D universes. They didn't have to pay royalties, licensing fees and be at the mercy of the official Dead Island story from the books.

I'm with SpectralMeat on this, it's clear the survival aspects are what players seem to want and doing in a Coop situation, could be freaking awesome! Mwahaha

News Comments > Nosgoth Open Beta Begins
2. Re: Nosgoth Open Beta Begins Jan 22, 2015, 14:12 Acleacius

I didn't really play once the series went console, anyone know who ended up with rights to the original, Blood Omen Legacy of Kain? It still hasn't been released on Steam or GOG.  

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
15. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 22, 2015, 00:36 Acleacius

Here at m$ we are committed to a new level of failure and if you don't believe us, just wait till this clusterduck is released! Mwahaha  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
36. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Going F2P in March Jan 21, 2015, 18:39 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 16:16:
Yea it is pretty hard solo. I did pub groups for some missions or just hung out with friends. I setup a couple BN groups for the different factions, just need to get back in and post em.
I'll keep a look out for you guys. I can jump in to help out anyone on BN, once the B2P starts up.

HorrorScope I've seen it on sale for under $20US and you could easily get 40 hours just playing the main story.

News Comments > Neverwinter Elemental Evil Expansion Announced
4. Re: Neverwinter Elemental Evil Expansion Announced Jan 20, 2015, 16:57 Acleacius

The same incompetence killed, World of Darkness. Crying  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2015, 00:42 Acleacius

I had no idea, some were/are legit, thanks for the infos JohnBirshire and Wallshadows. I might go rogue if there are any legit Vanguard servers!! Mwahaha

Ahh...it seems like it was just yesterday, smedly's lack of intelligence was being measured in negative numbers.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 22:37 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:48:
? WOW has rouge private servers.....
I've heard of those too, it's got to be what they are doing. What I've read about those private WoW servers is true, damn glad I've never tried anything that crazy. These days, it's probably insta-hack and capture. Flush

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 15:05 Acleacius

I've heard the same Ozmodan, even the full game is apparently cracked. No idea how it works and I've never heard of a mmog being played offline, maybe there setting up private servers.

It's pretty clear the Guild Wars 2 and Secret World models are the most successful F2P style mmog models. Yet, smedely is always doing some stupid crap which never works and loses longtime subscribers to soe as a whole. It's got to be some kind of deluded narcissism. He must spend as much time lying to his board as he does to customers. Yet the people on the soe board must have no idea about gaming to let him keep his job. Surely corporate greed will take over at some point and just fire him for all the lost income.

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
14. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 15:22 Acleacius

soe gets more delusional by the day. Not only is it p2w, but now it's 'p2w for your enemies'.

Sounds awesome, me paying to supply others, to use it against me! Hahaha_no

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
17. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 21:15 Acleacius

Too bad dayz isn't smart enough to have a Coop PvE switch option for servers, they could own the market.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 14, 2015, 00:07 Acleacius

Anyone ever used Indigala, seems to have a sale on, if so are they Steam key games? I wouldn't mind picking up CoJ for $2.49
https://www.indiegala.com/store

Thanks

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Escape from Durgesh Prison DLC Released
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Escape from Durgesh Prison DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 12:34 Acleacius

I hate challenge game play, most times it's just disguised constant respawning.  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2015, 17:48 Acleacius

Also CS team challenge games have been around the longest and is probably as popular as WoW is as a mmog. Billions of people on the planet more getting computers all the time, mean new never before buyers.

In dayz, people are probably multiboxing, since the only way to survive in a pvp gankfest is traveling with a team.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 10, 2015, 12:42 Acleacius

Slick wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 04:24:
I enjoyed a couple months with ESO with my wife, and it was genuinely fun, some of the missions were very well-crafted. .....what buries it for me is having to schedule my time so meticulously playing this game, can't get too far ahead or wifey won't be able to keep up. ......someone really needs to rework that dynamic. character progression without all the bullshit that goes along with trying to do it in sync with many other players.
I had this problem too, at times it was near impossible to sync up with team mates. My main, I play at my own pace and a separate Alt for each group. You'll get several added bonuses when you play with your wife. You'll know where you need to go, so your time playing together will be much more efficient and fun.

JohnBirshire I agree, well at least once I played through each area to experience the story. I defiantly don't see myself sticking around for pvp, which I never play.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
10. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 10, 2015, 12:23 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 04:11:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 03:47:
Not sure how I feel about the day to night changes, since I can't imagine any convincing lore. At least, Romero followed D&D rulesets for the most part. It's just having constantly respawning mobs and fighting them over and over and over, is extremely immersion breaking.

Not that hard to come up with a reason for zombies to be more dangerous at night. Maybe they are weakened by UV radiation or maybe their eyes are very sensitive to light.

Also, respawning zombies is kind of important. If they didn't respawn, you could just clear them all out and then there would be nothing hindering you from completing objectives. Killing zombies is a means to an end, not the end itself.
If that works for you, that's cool. It doesn't come close for me, a zombie is a being which can be killed. It's a shell of a human, rotted, broken and decaying. There are only so many humans, there for only so many zombies. Once you kill one, they don't get a 3rd-infinity lives. It's one of the cheapest game designs, the majority of games (90% +), do not use.

Since Dead Island was Coop, I let it slide and probably will with Dying Light. It was really the only Coop game in a long, long time. The fact they added RPGish to was amazing, in the sense it's exactly what gamers have been asking, for more than a decade. A classic example is The Elder Scroll series. I still remember cliffyb (the fool that killed Coop) in this very forum, lying his ass off about why Unreal, wasn't followed my a Coop game instead of only the pvp UT. Remember what he said, "because the scripting was too hard.". There wasn't a damn thing in Dead Island scripting too hard, certainly no more than any mmog pve.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
8. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 10, 2015, 03:47 Acleacius

Not sure how I feel about the day to night changes, since I can't imagine any convincing lore. At least, Romero followed D&D rulesets for the most part. It's just having constantly respawning mobs and fighting them over and over and over, is extremely immersion breaking.  

3860 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo