Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3599 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
6. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 8, 2014, 13:11 Acleacius

This is Spinal Tap: The Game? VtM: Bloodsucker Yum Yum?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
34. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:46 Acleacius

Absolutely no reason, to trust m$ !  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
4. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Mar 4, 2014, 19:49 Acleacius

Damn still no Frayed Knights ! Crying  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 09:44 Acleacius

Efffing, Awesome! Party2 Worship  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2014, 21:14 Acleacius

There are so many tech people, wouldn't someone have noticed if cell phones/devices were transmitting while off and cache disabled? Also wouldn't it cause "problems" with airlines, as the airlines always claimed the reason they needed to be turned off during takeoff/landing? Not that I ever believed anything an airline says.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Mar 1, 2014, 04:15 Acleacius

Thanks MoonSpook, good link! Now I wonder if Amazon ever puts the dlc on sale. Guess I'll find out during the Summer Sale.

Thanks Creston, I only care about ME2, Lair of the Shadow Broker is top of my list.

Think we get Zaeed with the Deluxe Edition. The others are Kasumi, Arrival, Overlord and Firewalker, all would be nice but seems too high priced for a 4 year old game.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Feb 28, 2014, 01:33 Acleacius

Anyone know if dlc for ME2 ever gets discounted? From what I've seen and read, it's only for sale from the Bioware/ea site, which I rarely if ever visit. Think the bigger story based content is about 800 points, with smaller about 500. Iirc, the majority of dlc is about $20 to $25, total at regular price.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 27, 2014, 18:55 Acleacius

Steam login working for anyone else, I've tried for the last 15 minutes? I don't see any problem on my end (even tried rebooting), no problem hitting webpages anywhere, even Steam. The problem just seems to be logging in online, to play/buy some games.

Edit: Working again, seems it was a Steam software update happening right now.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 19:31.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 26, 2014, 20:56 Acleacius

Summoner Release on GOG ! W00tw00t  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 26, 2014, 20:46 Acleacius

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 20:05:
Developers can now run their own discount sales on Steam.

Oh, wow - hadn't heard this. That's pretty damn cool!

It is! Wondering how we will know about individual sales, only by checking the listing in the Specials tab everyday?

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
61. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 16:37 Acleacius

You here the one about the Level Bosses?
Each level boss can only be completed by killing them with a rocket launcher. They plan to fix this with a patch in about 6 months. Paperbag Backstab

News Comments > Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year
4. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 10:19 Acleacius

Is he the one who won't allow a Coop option on servers?  

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
2. Re: Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries Feb 20, 2014, 17:53 Acleacius

Annnd...the winner is, the modder who enables jumping?  

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
35. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 15:04 Acleacius

Watched it twice, second time without the scripted sound track, to go with the scripted scenes.

Thief clearly wasn't good enough for edios, so they fixed it. Backstab Biting Paperbag

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
46. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 20:12 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:11:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 08:58:
djinn wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:18:
Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 18:49:
Wow, that seems kinda... harsh? Guys make a very succesful game, and then because Ken Levine wants to make a smaller studio, everyone else gets sacked?

Thanks, Ken Levine?

Thought the same. Wasn't there another way he could have passed the baton on to someone else and kept the studio together? If it's only 15 people he's moving on with it seems like an odd decision to axe the rest. Maybe there's more to it? Then again, maybe not.
I see what you guys are saying but Levin is one of the best writers atm.

Could anyone really write a Bioshock story but Levin and would 2K really want to take that kind of chance, Bioshock 2 was critically panned? What if Levine is taking to heart all the criticism people have mentioned, hell even in these forums. Just taking a break, but unable to sustain another 100 person, 200 million dollar game development, atm. Should he just throw something together, then take the heat from, all the forum members complaining how the new game, just isn't any good.

Of course it's sad anyone losing their job but on the flip side those employees got to work on a very financially successful game, not everyone gets to put that on their resume.

How about Ken Levine leaves to do whatever he wants to do, and they keep the rest of the guys employed? I know, I know, CRAY CRAY, but think about it?

If Larry Page gets bored tomorrow and wants to focus on producing high-quality Sumatran bukkake videos, does he just close down Google and fire everyone?

It seems to me that Ken Levine is saying that without him, Irrational has no chance to do anything anyway, so he might as well fire everyone...
He probably tried to leave, but 2k gave him free reign to do what he wants, if he stays. His post almost says as much.

2k decides what games get funded and if Levine is burnt, needing a recharge, who the hell is going to lead a 100 person team on some game which will be another billion dollar hit? Oh and wth will that game be?

2k is Irrational, not Levine (Lest you forgot Irrational was sold to 2k).

News Comments > 50 More Titles Greenlit on Steam
2. Re: 50 More Titles Greenlit on Steam Feb 19, 2014, 20:00 Acleacius

I'm glad BloodLust : Shadowhunter got approved!

Anyone know wth is going on with Frayed Knights? I thought it got approved before the 2013 holidays.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 11:56 Acleacius

Frans, rocks! Headbang

Are Girl Scout Cookies Healthy
At least in this article, they are not getting accused of encouraging girls to become prostitutes who love getting abortions. Trollbashing
Conservatives Don't Want You To Eat Pro-Abortion Girl Scout Cookies

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
30. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 08:58 Acleacius

djinn wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:18:
Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 18:49:
Wow, that seems kinda... harsh? Guys make a very succesful game, and then because Ken Levine wants to make a smaller studio, everyone else gets sacked?

Thanks, Ken Levine?

Thought the same. Wasn't there another way he could have passed the baton on to someone else and kept the studio together? If it's only 15 people he's moving on with it seems like an odd decision to axe the rest. Maybe there's more to it? Then again, maybe not.
I see what you guys are saying but Levin is one of the best writers atm.

Could anyone really write a Bioshock story but Levin and would 2K really want to take that kind of chance, Bioshock 2 was critically panned? What if Levine is taking to heart all the criticism people have mentioned, hell even in these forums. Just taking a break, but unable to sustain another 100 person, 200 million dollar game development, atm. Should he just throw something together, then take the heat from, all the forum members complaining how the new game, just isn't any good.

Of course it's sad anyone losing their job but on the flip side those employees got to work on a very financially successful game, not everyone gets to put that on their resume.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 18:35 Acleacius

Welcome Back, after all this time! Party2

I knew it was the hamsters, not sexing each other enough to keep the hamseter generator producing enough electricity!

News Comments > Scant State of Decay Expansion Details
3. Re: Scant State of Decay Expansion Details Feb 12, 2014, 10:14 Acleacius

I couldn't believe Nexus started supporting mods for it, great news indeed. At least now, modders can fix the weak and broken parts on the PC version.  

3599 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo