Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3717 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
42. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 19, 2014, 00:33 Acleacius

I really don't see the comparison, of course PST looks aesthetically better it's hand painted background, not a free 3D world environment. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the game for want it is, not what you imagine it should be based on some impossible criteria.

I know I'll enjoy it, not only for the amazing achievement of it's development but also as an incredible game. Mwahaha

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 23:43 Acleacius

Sho wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 23:39:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 22:37:
Sho you do realize your comparing PST a setview range graphics, which enable the drawing of maps, with much greater detail. Verses W2 which is completely different in that it's 3D with variable camera view ranges and angles..right?

I'm a software engineer with a computer graphics background. I haven't done any game dev (beyond an attempt at reimplementing Tomb Raider once, which got as far as loading and rendering the environments - thanks to others reverse engineering and documenting the map format), but I'm pretty clear on the different approaches to putting things on screen, aye.

Acleacius wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 22:37:
If you realize this, I'm not sure why your going into such detail comparing two completely different graphic renderings.

Because I feel the problems I'm pointing out are systemic and examples of a general weakness in inXile's output. It's correct the different approaches pose different challenges, but they're not hitting attainable quality targets in either for me, aesthetically and craft-wise.

As for why I'm invested in talking about it ... well I am invested, with money, in both games ;P.
Cool, can you name a single 3D game made for $4 million, which has better graphics?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

38. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 22:37 Acleacius

Sho you do realize your comparing PST a setview range graphics, which enable the drawing of maps, with much greater detail. Verses W2 which is completely different in that it's 3D with variable camera view ranges and angles..right?

If you realize this, I'm not sure why your going into such detail comparing two completely different graphic renderings.

35. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 19:08 Acleacius

Thanks for the info Sho, hopefully it's something that will be addressed, by release if not soon after.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
32. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 17:11 Acleacius

Ugggh, people giving money to gearbox again? Puke  

31. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 17:08 Acleacius

Several of you seem to be disappointed with Wasteland 2. While, I'm blown away by Wasteland 2 and not sure what I missed. Just counting down the time till release, hopefully I can get started by Saturday. Woohoo  

29. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 14:16 Acleacius

Looked like one script was Russian, but has an excellent rep with Web of Trust  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 13:38 Acleacius

So they are creating a group event based on sexuality to prevent being prejudiced base on sexuality?  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 10:09 Acleacius

That's because for the most part it's idiots from breitbart who feed, troll and fester on hate, trying to prevent a real discussion on the merits.  

3. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 17, 2014, 22:01 Acleacius

Amazing!  

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin
6. Re: Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin Sep 17, 2014, 04:33 Acleacius

Personally I would rather spend a few bucks on Steam than feed ea's exploitation machine.  

News Comments > Hellraid Stream Tomorrow
4. Re: Hellraid Stream Tomorrow Sep 16, 2014, 03:08 Acleacius

I hate having high expectations for a console designed game, but what can you do.  

News Comments > Minimum Launches
5. Re: Minimum Launches Sep 16, 2014, 03:06 Acleacius

How is
pits two teams of five against each other
, co-op?

News Comments > Dying Light Early
13. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 11, 2014, 23:45 Acleacius

Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 22:41:
As someone who loved Dead Island and Riptide (though I'd be lying if I said if I wasn't expecting more from the latter), I am equally excited about Dying Light. It needs to have some pretty major advancements though; it can't just be Dead Island 1.2 (Assuming Riptide was DI 1.1 of course).
Same here, I had a lot of fun playing Dead Island. Techland made a ton of money, especially from the PC community, so they better add some quality to that console design crap. I'll be waiting at least a week before deciding to buy. Especially after they made Riptide less moddable, not harder to mod, less possible.

News Comments > Dying Light Early
10. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 11, 2014, 21:35 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 20:15:
Sorry Devs,
After Aliens CM and Dead Island/Riptide, there is just no way in hell that I'm pre-ordering anything from ya.

For those of you who don't understand, tired of really awesome cgi video's and gameplay video's only to be highly disapointed later.
Aliens CM, from Techland, maybe your thinking of gearbox?

Techland makes such games as Call of Juarez, Dead Island/Riptide and Hellraid.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2014, 07:49 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 02:47:
Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 01:53:
I played State of Decay for at least a hundred hours - it scratched a certain itch for me I guess. It was really a great game imo.

Yeah, I don't know why it didn't click with me. People I listen to on podcasts loved it, and the vids I watched looked fun, but when I played it, it just bored me. I just felt like I wanted more control, or something, I'm not sure.
I really liked SoD also, but with mods. I highly recommend QMJS Extended Functions or just scan the Top 100 Most Endorsed

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 02:48 Acleacius

Defiantly seems to be zenimax the publisher's fault. Actually zeni online did a pretty good job making the game under the circumstances. The idiotic publisher is the one who decided the monthly fees, the console development and Steam key abuses.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
20. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 3, 2014, 00:55 Acleacius

Stopped buying gearbox games, after the Halo/pitchford fluster cluck.  

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
15. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Aug 31, 2014, 17:28 Acleacius

World would be a better place without activision and ea.  

News Comments > Dead State Beta
6. Re: Dead State Beta Aug 30, 2014, 18:42 Acleacius

An incredibly talented team, going the extra mile to distinguish their game from just another generic zombie game. Nurturing it's design beyond what even AAA titles could/would or even willing to do.

Personally can't wait to try out the Choice and Consequences of some of the finest dialog writers of our generation. Zombie Plotting

Alpha Zombie Protocol! Mwahaha Lighter

3717 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo