Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3860 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2015, 14:12 Acleacius

I would have suggested Kathryn Bigelow except the way she has advocated for MPAA and RIAA prosecutions.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2015, 14:18.

"Let's not focus on her. That'll be like entering a bad K-hole you'll never wake up from." Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2015, Part One
2. Re: It Came from E3 2015, Part One Jun 23, 2015, 11:09 Acleacius

Rise of the Tomb Raider Gameplay Demo said at that start, xbox exclusive holiday 2015. Odd since it's been advertized as a PC release too.  
"Let's not focus on her. That'll be like entering a bad K-hole you'll never wake up from." Mr. Robot

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2015, 09:49 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:32:
Description says: https://youtu.be/SSFv__qyqis

I turn off music in a lot of games (especially something like this, where stealth and hearing audio cues is important) so I originally assumed it was just in game. But yeah, it is good.

Love the part where he shoots up, pops around for a bit, looks up, and it's just NOW coming down, and he opens the door to let the descending bolt fly through.

Thanks! It was so good, almost makes me want to trade in my nokill oath and be a killer!

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2015, 09:25 Acleacius

Dishonored video is pretty awesome! Lighter

I checked the youtube page first, anyone recognize the music track?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 19, 2015, 08:27 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 01:55:
I'm pretty sure most of the people who bought DX:HR had never played and probably never even heard of the original DX (just like the vast majority of people who bought FO3 had never played or heard of the series before then). DX:HR was a great game and faithful to the original in many ways. It definitely wasn't "another generic console game."

Also, the original DX had forced boss fights (Maggie Chow, Walton Simmons, Bob Page) and they were just as crappy as the ones in the original. Sure, there were exploits you could use to bypass some of the fights but those were never intended by the designers.

Finally, do you really think that Square mandated the automated traversal system in Thief? Or is it more likely that the developers saw the popularity of AC and figured that they should copy its traversal system? And if Square didn't care about the DX brand, why bother spending all this money reviving it? Why not simply abandon it like so many other old IPs, like Anachronox?
According to Spector the only character you had to kill was Anna Navarre, because otherwise you couldn't exit the office. I.e. Alex Jacobson wouldn't help you/give you the key until you protected him against Anna Navarre. All the other fights could be non-lethal. Iirc it was Manly2000 who got the credit for figuring out how to exit the office without killing Anna Navarre. Her AI reacted to a Gas Grenade if throw to a specific spot, which opened the door. Alex and Anna both survived both Gunther got confused, still accusing you killing Anna.

Also, I've never said it wasn't a good game (at least to the best of my memory), just very consolized. Also comparing DXHR to Deus Ex is unfair in the budgetary sense. DXHR had a massive budget compared to Deus Ex. So Deus Ex had realistic reasons they couldn't afford better animations or more fleshed out boss encounters or dialogs. Imo, part of the charm of the original is the quality and vision on a shoestring budget.

Lastly yes, I really think jumping was taken out of Thief on purpose due to limitations. Iirc correctly the developers said as much, which is why the controversy start 'before' the game was released. eidos had a buttload of excuses, none of which was "hey we want to make it like AC". Most of them, were technically based, i.e. the physics of jumping, iirc. I'm too tired to look them up and it's not important on the whole. Surely the same can be said of Thief, it would have failed as a AAA title if it wasn't for the pedigree and lore.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 18, 2015, 22:55 Acleacius

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 21:35:
qsto wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 19:31:
This time around Adam looks to be even more of a super hero than anything else...
They had to, otherwise they'd have needed a lame excuse as to why all his augments have suddenly stopped working. Better to evolve the game and add greater threats.

Looks great to me. Loved the previous game and I'm definitely looking forward to this.
An easy way to handle it, he could start the game with obsolete upgrades. Lore could state he went with a neutral path. Fed up with both sides and went into isolation until the unthinkable happened............!

There's no reason to believe eidos believes in Deus Ex other than shipping another generic console game. Without the Deus Ex pedigree I'm not sure how much the original would have sold. Just like JUMPING in Thief or forced FIGHT bosses in DXHR, it's quite obvious they are trying to force as much generic down our throats as possible.

Just imagine for a minute without the pedigree, there would have been absolutely NO UPROAR from the fan base about the forced to fight bosses. They put those bosses in there on purpose, then tried to blame it on the developer, eidos hired. That alone make's eidos pathetic. Middlefinger

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 18, 2015, 02:54 Acleacius

You guys are right, Steam and GOG sale both have been underwhelming. Where the hell are all the other sales like Amazon and GreenManGaming.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 18, 2015, 01:05 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 22:18:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 22:09:
I can still see the yellow filter.

As it should be. Crank that as well!

It would be fine if it wasn't being used to obscure the draw distance and poor quality textures. It really should have been optional, then you guys could have used it at your pleasure. It's basically yellow bloom, which I don't like/use bloom anyway.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 17, 2015, 22:09 Acleacius

Aren't these all effects the PC had 4 years ago, when the console game human revolution was released and sold to PC gamers?

I can still see the yellow filter.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 16, 2015, 14:12 Acleacius

The washington times article has been shown to be fraudulent even the reporter who wrote it, couldn't defend it during his television interview.
Sunday Times reporter on Snowden story: We don’t have a clue!

So if the British or any other government are pulling out assets, then it's based a propaganda move to manipulate the public.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Announced
18. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Announced Jun 16, 2015, 10:09 Acleacius

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 08:47:
Really mixed on this because I loved the first game, by far one of my favorite games from last year but without Obsidian this has a high chance of sucking.
+1

Not to mention, even if it is decent Obsidian created the winning (imo, I really loved the game) format. In the press release ubi tries to claim credit for the success of the first, even though they had little to nothing to do with it.
“By successfully mixing outstanding comedy with excellent gameplay, South Park: The Stick of Truth created a game genre: the Comedy Role-Playing Game,” said Laurent Detoc, president at Ubisoft. “Our teams worked hard,.....

Additionally who are we all kidding here, there's a 90%+ chance it's going to include uplay, the BS drm.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes Jun 15, 2015, 19:42 Acleacius

Bad crash bug after patch, is being caused by 'hovering mouse over a recipe' in your inventory, in any area of the game.  

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
11. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 17:56 Acleacius

So this time it's a publisher's money he will be taking then abandoning, instead of the customers. Unless they going to try to make this one funded by gullible customers in Early Access too.

Do Bookies take bets on this kinda thing? Pimp

News Comments > Mad Max Story Trailer
3. Re: Mad Max Story Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 17:41 Acleacius

Ugggh, some of those scenes look like they might be QTE during cutscenes. A quick google of 'mad max game qte' revels this sad tidbit:
If you've played any of WBIE's recent action games — the Batman Arkham titles or Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor — you already have a pretty good sense of what Savage Road is about. WBIE seems set on adopting the Ubisoft model of finding a successful game model and duplicating it across a wide array of titles. Where Ubi has managed to cram elements of Assassin's Creed into nearly its entire catalog, WBIE is building off the Arkham design. Lots of reactive borderline-QTE combat, open-world design, missions of varying types sprinkled about the environment.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes Jun 15, 2015, 17:07 Acleacius

Today's US patch is 2.8 gig but I'm sure they will have Bear mounts for sale in the cash shop, in no time.

I'm surprised they are adding Dark Brotherhood before finishing Thieves Guild, unless the one World skill is all that's intended. It's a nice 'start' having the Justice System and the Legerdemain skill tree. Yet hard to believe it's all that's intended for Thieves Guild.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 11, 2015, 23:09 Acleacius

It's freaking ridiculous they have each game listed at least 3 times. I really hope I'm the only one who actually scrolls all the way down.

Ford Fairlane: Here's to you, Steam. Sucking my Wang Lo! Middlefinger

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 22:11 Acleacius

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:17:
The first game was Doom with Ninjas basically. Good stuff.
Duke Nukem with Ninjas?

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
1. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 11:44 Acleacius

COOP is all they had to say to get me on aboard, dishing out some wang!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 20:21 Acleacius

Found this ... Jaw-Dropping Visualization Will Give You New Respect For The Sheer Number Who Died In WWII  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 7, 2015, 20:11 Acleacius

At least zenimax was smart enough to put Fallout series games on sale this week, with the forthcoming Fallout 4 officially announcing. Unlike 2 weeks(?) ago when Mad Max was released, without a RAGE sale.  

3860 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo