Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3884 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2015, 13:53 Acleacius

I stopped watching Mr. Robot after episode 6, don't see a way for it to recover. It doesn't surprise me it got temp pulled, the show is way more psychopathic than I was hoping.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Funcom Announces The Park
12. Re: Funcom Announces The Park Aug 26, 2015, 14:54 Acleacius

MacLeod wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:29:
Not quite sure how you're equating it to Freddy (especially since no mechanics were shown). As the story indicated, it's actually a setting in The Secret World (and at least to me, the Amusement Park area of that zone was actually one of the more fun sections of the game). Seems like they just took an idea they had already developed and adapted it into a single player experience.
Agreed, there are lots of things I liked about The Secret World.

News Comments > Mad Max Commercial
7. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 24, 2015, 13:23 Acleacius

Wow, maybe you guys were expecting too much. It was hard enough trying to make/complete Fury Road from a technical and environmental standpoint. The reason they can't do more special bloody death effects, is it was nearly impossible to make the stunts work in the first place.

I thought the story was fine, not many ways to make more compelling stories, when 80% of the budget is just getting the damn film made in some of the harshest conditions on planet earth.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2015, 13:34.

News Comments > Boss Key Shattering Countdown
5. Re: Boss Key Shattering Countdown Aug 23, 2015, 20:25 Acleacius

What...the guy that turned Unreal into a laughing stock...can't wait...it's gonna be huge and appeal to my monster ego!  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
14. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 18, 2015, 01:38 Acleacius

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 14:04:
Anti-modding developers don't release map-making tools, integrate Steam Workshop support, and run regular contests encouraging user-made content... These ones did and do. Get some perspective.
Sure here's some perspective, do the map-making tools allow modders to make outfits, edit/effect stats/traits and fix/disable poor light effects? The original Dead Island was more moddable unless I'm missing a new update. Each game has gotten progressively less moddable Riptide was worst than Dead Island.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
6. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 17, 2015, 13:37 Acleacius

I don't think so, Cutter doesn't like Dead Island or Zombies, he sure the hell isn't going to like Dying Light.

Don't get me wrong, I think zombies are great. While I do like Dying Light I'm protesting the fact techland is a anti-modding developer, based on profiteering. I.e. so they can sell crap outfits as dlc, instead of letting modders make items too. Not to mention all the other great things modders do.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2015, 18:03 Acleacius

Isn't VoIP peer to peer, making it unsecured? It's probably not practical but Ventrilo and Teamspeak are secured voice systems, afaik.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2015, 11:52 Acleacius

nin wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 09:31:
It Will Be a “Very Long Time” Before we Hear About the Next Elder Scrolls Game; Team 100% Focused on Fallout 4.

Damn. I'm excited for F4, but I'm really getting an ES itch. Maybe time for a Skyrim replay.

ESO is a good way to get your fix. It was down to $12 US, just a couple of weeks ago. Probably the best part is getting to see all the new and fleshed out areas of the world, with new graphics. zenimax developers seem to be doing better than bethesda in many areas. It's nice to have better dialog, not great but certainly better. There's actually bug fixing, so most quests work! Amazed

News Comments > Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending
13. Re: Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending Aug 6, 2015, 21:16 Acleacius

But....did they remove stupid endings!
Yes, I'm immune to radiation, but this is your destiny. You should do it, even though your going to die. Great grouping with ya!
Lol_dies

News Comments > Dying Light Expansion Announced
4. Re: Dying Light Expansion Announced Jul 29, 2015, 11:35 Acleacius

We also kept a close eye on player feedback to help tailor what we’ve created here.
Oh they must be releasing the modding tools, so the fans can fix all the broken/bad designs, I'm so excited! Hahaha_no

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
11. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 11:16 Acleacius

rockstar has extremely bad reputation making PC games, much less ever any choices to make you feel part of the story development.  

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
16. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 17:42 Acleacius

The big problem is Mod Tools don't put COOP functionality into the game, only Source Code (iirc). So what he is saying is misleading, unless I misunderstand (entirely possible ).  

14. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 17:40 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 15:13:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 14:01:
I decent, COOP is far more important than single player alone.

Lmao, this is id. It's not like they are a bastion of single player greatness. I'll just go ahead and puke now before someone tries to pretend id is a great story teller. Puke Hahaha_no

Decent? Dissent?
Oh how I wished caffeine worked quicker!

News Comments > Steam Top 10ish
2. Re: Steam Top 10ish Jul 26, 2015, 14:06 Acleacius

Does Steam use actual "game activations" or "game sales"? There was a sale for ESO on Greenman, just not sure how it boost sales on Steam. I'm not really complaining, since I play the game and having so many people running around in 50+ zones is really great.  

2. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 14:01 Acleacius

I decent, COOP is far more important than single player alone.

Lmao, this is id. It's not like they are a bastion of single player greatness. I'll just go ahead and puke now before someone tries to pretend id is a great story teller. Puke Hahaha_no

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
38. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 22:17 Acleacius

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 18:00:
Ant wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 01:53:
I loved KOTOR1, but avoided KOTOR2 due to problems. So, it is safe to play now?

Does the Sith Restored Content patch work with the new version? Doing a quick check around the horn, seems like it could be a bit buggy.
That was my concern as well, but if I'm reading this correctly the Mod team advised on this official patch. So if it's got conflicts, I'm guessing the Mod fixes are already underway.

@Ant, you might wait till the word on potential mod conflicts. You really don't want to play without the Restored Content Mod. Fingerscrossed

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
23. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 23:21 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 18:21:
Wow, how cool is that?!

Wicked Friggin Cool!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2015, 22:18 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 14:58:
sauron wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 14:31:
nin wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 09:21:
Not sure why it was up a day early, but it was a nice touch. Let them eat cake!

They're on french time, obviously.

I'm just going to leave this link right here - surprised you didn't put it up already, ninster :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW72Gmqjse4

Rush is one of the bands I'm not overly familiar with...I should probably fix that, someday.

Make sure you do some acid before you listen to 2112 and remember it came out in 1976. Wear some bell bottoms and a tie dyed shirt! Hippy Lighter

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2015, 13:35 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:44:
Ahumado wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:43:
Anyone that celebrates this day has no idea what it represents

3/10.

Imagine the trolling responses, if we celebrated The Union Won Day on May 9!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2015, 16:56 Acleacius

There was absolutely nothing illegal about the war in Kosovo. It was a UN operation which was supported by a majority of nations to stop Genocide, War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity. Not only that it was the most successful UN operation to date, not only did they stop the war and crimes but the leader was arrested, tried and serving time in the Hague.

Haven't had time to check your other claims but let's hope they are more accurate.

3884 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo