Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 3598 (Veteran)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead State Beta
6. Re: Dead State Beta Aug 30, 2014, 18:42 Acleacius

An incredibly talented team, going the extra mile to distinguish their game from just another generic zombie game. Nurturing it's design beyond what even AAA titles could/would or even willing to do.

Personally can't wait to try out the Choice and Consequences of some of the finest dialog writers of our generation. Zombie Plotting

Alpha Zombie Protocol! Mwahaha Lighter

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CCP Closing SF Office
13. Re: CCP Closing SF Office Aug 29, 2014, 01:25 Acleacius

Harlequin wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:02:
Wesp5 wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 15:57:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 15:38:
Wasn't it Activision who made the first VtM game?

Activision published VtM: Bloodlines and is both guilty of releasing it unfinished and on the same day as HL2. If you want details read what Tim Cain has to say about it: http://books.google.com/books?id=lroZsP4zyIYC&pg=PA102

Not totally accurate. Trokia shot themselves in the foot bottom line. Due to a mix of mismanagement, lack of leadership and over reaching Activision had to send their own producers in to take the project over to make the deadline. Don't get me wrong I love Tim Cain, but he makes a far better designer, project lead, idea guy then CEO of a studio.
I'd be interested in hearing any specific details.

Iirc, when activision had to send people it was before release. This was when Troika had let staff go, because activision had pulled the job out from under them. activision sent their own in to prevent having to hire contractors. Troika can't keep on 30 people, without knowing when activision would start up work again, if ever.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Aug 29, 2014, 00:28 Acleacius

Blue wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 22:10:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:29:
Just so I'm clear, we need to make sure this line is posted at the end of the url? (damn, wouldn't let me post it all together, so I added a space at each = .
?_encoding= UTF8&camp= 1789&creative= 390957&linkCode= ur2&node= 7266959011&tag= blsne09-20&linkId= D47QIUV5NSXLTWSR

Because when I clicked on the All Digital Deals it didn't seem to include blsne09.

I appreciate the effort, but according to Amazon, this is handled via a cookie... no need to manually add tags. In fact, I'm concerned that they'll take that as fishy.
Ok never mind my idea and not sure why cookie isn't working for me either, as nin pointed out. I make it, correctly on the alt link you offered Blue but can't look at the full list, linked on the same page, without losing your support codes.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2014, 21:55 Acleacius

Oh I think I figured it out! This seems to work:
&tag=blsne09-20&linkId=D47QIUV5NSXLTWSR

Adding it at the end of the url, which happens to be a long number reference:
rd_i=7266959011

So the end of the link should look like:
rd_i=7266959011&tag=blsne09-20&linkId=D47QIUV5NSXLTWSR

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2014, 21:29 Acleacius

Just so I'm clear, we need to make sure this line is posted at the end of the url? (damn, wouldn't let me post it all together, so I added a space at each = .
?_encoding= UTF8&camp= 1789&creative= 390957&linkCode= ur2&node= 7266959011&tag= blsne09-20&linkId= D47QIUV5NSXLTWSR

Because when I clicked on the All Digital Deals it didn't seem to include blsne09.

10. Re: CCP Closing SF Office Aug 28, 2014, 17:43 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 15:38:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 10:17:
A final act of idiocy, would be letting the VtM license fall into the hands of some company, more incompetent and doesn't give a damn about the franchise like activision.

Wasn't it Activision who made the first VtM game?
Yes, both actually. Iirc both were rushed out months early, underfunded and under marketed. They froze Bloodlines development and lost months of development time. Remember Bloodlines was going to have multiplayer.

Yes Source engine.

1. Re: CCP Closing SF Office Aug 28, 2014, 10:17 Acleacius

A final act of idiocy, would be letting the VtM license fall into the hands of some company, more incompetent and doesn't give a damn about the franchise like activision.  

News Comments > Dishonored Free Weekend
23. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 23, 2014, 01:24 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 12:02:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:50:
In a typical zenimax greed move, they only put the dlc on sale for 50% off. This is the same way they try to force people to buy their games twice i.e. goty editions.

Because obviously they're holding a gun to your head and force you to buy it again, right?
Why would you even think, it's about holding a gun to people's head, because of the two geniuses below? It's just another greed manipulation like dlc is in the first place. How many times have we all (you included) complained about what an exploitation dlc is, 1000s. Do actually need to give you an example. what about ea and ME2 dlc.

After quitting ESO for these types of moves, probably won't ever buy a zenimax game at release again. They publish so many extremely popular games, it's doubtful there could be an effective organized effort to try and stop it.

Well, how about you get started, and I'm sure at least three more people will join up after awhile. The rest of us are going to say "Hmm, DLC for 50% off, that's pretty cool, and it may/may not be worth it for me to buy it now."

But you keep fighting that good fight against Zenimax's greed.

Three people, when did I start recruiting. Glad you think 50% is cool. It's your money by all means throw it away, when you can get the GotY for less than you can buy the dlc for 50% or did you even bother to look. It's late maybe your cypher'n ain't working.

But you keep throwing your money, at zenimax's greed.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2014, 01:36.

22. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 23, 2014, 01:02 Acleacius

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 08:36:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 05:02:
Slick wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 03:54:
Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 23:25:
In a typical zenimax greed move, they only put the dlc on sale for 50% off. This is the same way they try to force people to buy their games twice i.e. goty editions.

After quitting ESO for these types of moves, probably won't ever buy a zenimax game at release again. They publish so many extremely popular games, it's doubtful there could be an effective organized effort to try and stop it.

Or you can do something crazy like have some patience and wait for a GOTY release. No no let's bitch instead.

Did you ever buy the same Zenimax published game twice? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

only in the comments section of a videogame board will you find shit like this. that company discounted it's product by %50 out of GREED. i'm no mathematician, but i'm pretty sure that greed would be for when they charge %200.

i wouldn't attempt to comprehend this logic, that's when blood starts running out of your ears and your landlord finds you weeks later flopped over your laptop.
Exactly what I was thinking, too. I hope you like irony, too. Or maybe your mathematician who can't comprehend, too. Wouldn't or couldn't, too. Hope you can comprehend, soon, too.

When I asked if you were talking out of your ass I didn't expect you to literally talk out of your ass. Another day on Blue's News.
Yes, it's completely ironic you don't understand, agreed.

21. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 23, 2014, 01:01 Acleacius

Slick wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 06:25:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 05:02:

Or you can do something crazy like have some patience and wait for a GOTY release. No no let's bitch instead.

Did you ever buy the same Zenimax published game twice? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

only in the comments section of a videogame board will you find shit like this. that company discounted it's product by %50 out of GREED. i'm no mathematician, but i'm pretty sure that greed would be for when they charge %200.

i wouldn't attempt to comprehend this logic, that's when blood starts running out of your ears and your landlord finds you weeks later flopped over your laptop.
Exactly what I was thinking, too. I hope you like irony, too. Or maybe your mathematician who can't comprehend, too. Wouldn't or couldn't, too. Hope you can comprehend, soon, too.

okay that's one of the creepiest replies I've ever heard, are you going to e-rape me now?
Thought dr seuss was just about right for you comprehension level. I see it was a pretty accurate call.

Good luck, with your sex fantasies, too.

10. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 22, 2014, 05:02 Acleacius

9. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 22, 2014, 04:54 Acleacius

I didn't, never said I did and you can clearly seem to be able to read. A lot of people buy the games twice, take Skyrim for instance. Yes, waiting a GOTY, genius, but what about the people who support the product at release (i.e. higher price). They are still waiting for the dlc to hit 75% after 3 or 4 years. Surely you could have figured this out with your own brain cells?

4. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 21, 2014, 19:50 Acleacius

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2014, 17:24 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:08:
nin wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 16:37:
Pretty sure people are giving money, dude.

Good, cause what I was seeing and hearing was making me plenty mad.
You might have gotten some misinformation, maybe you don't need to be mad, bro.
Ice Bucket Challenge Rules?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 15, 2014, 21:32 Acleacius

Oh the population defiantly seems to be dropping, which is proably why they put the game on Steam for 50% off. They got a new influx but still, most don't make it to veteran, many won't play past a couple months.

I did end up quitting today, due to the greedy move to exclude previous game owners from Steam.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2014, 11:42 Acleacius

This Is What You Look Like In Ultraviolet, was an excellent find and makes an amazing PSA!  

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 15, 2014, 11:29 Acleacius

Also adding Rift and LotRO to the list, since by being an owner before F2P we receive many extra bonuses.

I defiantly enjoyed the game but it's the sheer greed of the business model pushing me away.

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 18:13 Acleacius

I made a screen shot of my The Secret World install, after seeing the thread saying, it would not.  

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 04:51 Acleacius

deadearth wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 00:02:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 23:35:
deadearth wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 21:43:
Has any Paid MMO that has come to steam allowed allowed users to register their key for free? I'm not aware of any, there may be one or two but most don't. I'm not sure why you would expect bethesda to
Guild Wars 2, comes to mind. Secret World comes to mind.

How many do I need to list?

Everquest, Everquest II and Vanguard (now deceased), comes to mind.

Can I expect now, are you still blocking me?

Guild wars 2 isn't even on steam. Guild Wars 1 cannot be activated (http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/trying-activate-game-steam-t10470753.html).

Everquest and everquet 2 are both now f2p. I can't find any evidence that activating the non-f2p versions on steam was a possibility . Secret World you also cannot activate on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280/discussions/0/828925216459127115/

I agree it would be nice, but not something that should be expected.

Denying access to the forums is odd as I'm not aware of any other game requiring ownership to access or post on the forums.
Wow, I really did get Guild Wars 2 wrong. Honestly have no idea what the thread is about on The Secret World. My TSW is absolutely registered on Steam, not a non-steam shortcut. I can right clicky, delete local content, see my registration key. I remember being able to use my old Vanguard account on Steam, even downloaded it from there, till the server was killed last month. I'll post and ask about Everquests.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
11. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 14, 2014, 00:05 Acleacius

ItBurn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 21:43:
Ok, so they're making a Left4Dead clone, but with zombies?
Nope, Dead Island with zombies!

3598 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo