Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JAVI

Real Name JAVI   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ULTRAS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 18, 2003, 18:25
Total Comments 29 (Suspect)
User ID 18522

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > kill.switch Demo
22. Re: Yes it did... Mar 11, 2004, 23:27 ULTRAS

This game blows, don't bother.

As much as I hate bashing something people so obviousely worked hard on, something in the back of my head tells me they won't mind since it's just a job to them. This game proves it.

"Looks like typical Console port crap"

Amen brother

Ultras

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Nitro Family Demo
2. Re: <crossing fingers> Mar 11, 2004, 10:35 ULTRAS

Let us know if it is, hate to waste my bandwith.

News Comments > Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 Movie
1. Wow Mar 5, 2004, 11:27 ULTRAS

You don't get to see a hell of a lot, but what I saw looks great.

Ultras

News Comments > Morning Q&As
27. Re: Hmmmm ... Mar 3, 2004, 15:38 ULTRAS

"...and one day tell your grandchildren "

Hah! You got me...my imagination is running on low fuel today, completely forgot about the VR revolution coming! Thanks for cheering me up Ihya.

Ultras

News Comments > Morning Q&As
20. Re: Hmmmm ... Mar 3, 2004, 13:57 ULTRAS

You guys notice how Specter pretty much told us all to get an X-box and get over it? I give him props for at least admitting that they pretty much gave PC gamers the finger with DX2, as they will with Thief III.

I cant stand game consoles no matter how "great" their specs are. I get dizzy playing the fps version, and the resolution blows no matter how good the graphics are.

I'll quit playing games before I feel like I HAVE to buy a console for gaming. Alas my friends, it seems our hobby will go the way of the dinosaur in the next 5 years or so...

Maybe I'll take up golf.

Ultras

News Comments > Vampire Movies
2. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2004, 12:42 ULTRAS

Can anyone tell me why the HL2 graphics seem 10 levels above and beyond this games graphics? They sort of remind me of Dues Ex II. Could be the small vid size detracts from the games good looks, just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Ultras

News Comments > Taking the P out of MMORPGs
31. Re: Fun MMO Design Feb 19, 2004, 22:05 ULTRAS

Interesting, I did a search on Google and came up with a blank page on EB for an online game due out at the end of the year. Sounds interesting, I will take your advise Sam, thanks.

Ultras

News Comments > Taking the P out of MMORPGs
26. No subject Feb 19, 2004, 17:49 ULTRAS

The demand is there, what most of these companies have just totally missed upon is what most people looks for...innovation. Remember that? 95% of these companies play follow the leader (EQ). Wake up people, EQ was one of the FIRST online game to offer 3D graphics along with immersion...they have no special "magic" to them, they don't have that "special formula" they were simply, hear this loud and clear please, simply there at the RIGHT time and PLACE in this genre...that's it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they brought nothing to the table, on the contrary, they were innovated through using most of what UO had come up with, but creating a more immersive world with 3D instead of sprites.

How bout stop creating online games that follow EQ's formula with just some minor changes and innovate? Why not bring back "fun" into the equation? Remember fun? The entire reason you played such a game? Is it that hard to make a fun game? ( lol, I am sure it is, but hell I'm not devoting my career to it either...)

Here's a simple formula to all the big shot companies out there creating or even thinking about creating an online RPG, and I'll give this advise for FREE even.

Make the game FUN. Don't make everyone that play's the game go through the carrot on a stick routine. Sure there are some people( what's wrong with you people?) that enjoy that so create some major content to satisfy that bunch, but don't make us all go through tiresome grinds with next to little rewards. Your game should allow me and my buddy to log on, play for 1-2 hours and find that cool crystal of which once we have 10( or whatever) we can go get that uber sword or armor, let us feel like we accomplished something in our limited amount of time. Speaking of buddies, don't create a game that MAKES me have to go through the laborious routine of finding a group of strangers to group with just because my buddy decided to hang out with his wife, get rid of that crap. Groups should only EVER be necessary for quests, that's it, never should I need a group for anything else, ever. If I want to group, I will, you dont need to make some special bonus in order for me to do it, I just will. Plain and simple. I want to be able to solo crap all the way through to the level caps if I want to, is there no way to satisfy both groups and solo artists? Surely you guys who devote your entire work week to this can think of something creative? Make leveling easy, why should I play a game for a year and still feel like I can barely handle the mid level content, hell, I could be promoted to top-dog at Burger King before I can make it to a respectable position in the fake worlds during the same amount of time. Make it just take a couple of months for the average player to reach the level cap, create content mostly for that level cap and use perma deaths so you can keep it dangerous( again, surely you have enough time and creative talent to make this sort of this viable, come on. Speaking of jobs, these are games people NOT second part time jobs, you hear me? I don't want to log on to...grind...I pay to have fun remember? FUN.

If this sounds like I am a bit upset, you got me. I can't stand the fact that there are people who have what I would consider a dream job and use most of their time devising ways to keep us addicted to the game instead of devising ways to keep us having fun in the game, what are you people smoking? I love these types of games but dam it I cannot justify paying after a few months just to torture myself with some unfun grind for hours, days, weeks, months...just so I can go kill some dragon in some cave who is just a different color than the lizards I used to kill at first level only bigger! Whew....glad I got this off my chest, sure hope it helps. It surely helped me, heh.

Ultras

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 17:57.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
256. Re: Best wishes Sep 18, 2003, 14:26 ULTRAS

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. NEVER HAVE POSTED BEFORE BUT THOUGHT I COULD EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS SITE AND THE WORK EVERYONE HERE DOES.

I DOUBT THERE'S ANYONE IN THIS FORUM THAT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND IF WE DONT GET ANY POSTINGS ANY TIME SOON, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO, I PRAY EVERYTHING TURNS OUT WELL, AND I AM SURE EVERYONE ELSE WHO VISITS THIS SITE FEELS THE SAME WAY.

ULTRAS

29 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo