Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mbmonk

Real Name mbmonk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mbmonk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 18, 2003, 01:37
Total Comments 31 (Suspect)
User ID 18437

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo PC & Patch Released
84. Re: You Halo Haters are hilarious Oct 1, 2003, 21:23 mbmonk

Dantastic wrote:
how can you assume the majority of us haven't played it?

Did I assume everyone who is smearing has not played it? NO. Thanks.

The key part is "w/o playing it" if you played it and still dont like I understand and respect that. But these people who are smearing it w/o playing are the ones that need to put down their crosses and move on to bashing another game they haven't played

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 21:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. Re: Metroid Oct 1, 2003, 10:07 mbmonk

Metriod is not for the PC it is only for the gamecube.

Metriod Prime is definately one of the best games ever but it's not a FPS in the more traditionaly sense, its in a class of its own. It is in first person view point and you do shoot but it's more of an puzzle / adventure game. In metroid prime you hit a button and it locks onto the enemy for you, so no aiming in this game really. This game is more about how do you get that item you see WAY up there and what weapon does the most damage to a given enemy. It is hard to explain but Metriod is a great game and long too, single player only though.

BTW, before people start trying to bust my balls, I know you have to aim in MP to shoot switches and some enemies but its still not the same a Doom, quake, Half Life, etc...

67. Re: You Halo Haters are hilarious Oct 1, 2003, 09:49 mbmonk

To all of you smearing Halo w/o playing... put down your fucking cross and let it go.

the lack of any strategic engagements

actaully when you have your sqadmates you can flank the enemy and if he tries to get away from you he moves into the line of hire of your AI partners.

Halo is a "good" game. People who are saying it's crap haven't played it or just have a unusual tastes.

I have played ALOT of FPS on the PC and I will admit it's not the best FPS on the PC, but it is still a good one. I exclude multiplayer because I haven't played it.

To the people dissing Halo's good review. That is why people use gamerankings.com so you get a good overall view of the game and not just one guys hyping bs. Like homeboy said 89% isn't a bad score at all.

Gearbox is a rather crappy company to get to do the port, but who else you going to get Raven? Even they are doing quake 4. So I bet it was Gearbox with regret.

BTW, I have a 9600 Pro and I dont have to turn anything down graphically so I am not sure why someone would with a 9700 Pro. I think I run it at 1028 * 764.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 10:11.

News Comments > DOOM 3 & DX9
111. Re: mondovoodootunabonecurse Sep 20, 2003, 06:04 mbmonk

Being an old schooler, I purchased every card 3dfx made up until the geforce came out

Man I miss 3dfx. I also would only buy 3dfx cards when they were in business. The Vodoos cards always gave me GREAT frame rates. I damn near defecated on myself when I heard they went under.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2003, 18:02 mbmonk

God Bless you and your family

107. Great article related to DX9 ATI vs Nvid Sep 18, 2003, 21:56 mbmonk

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030918/index.html

Tom's has a great article that talks about the basics of DX9 and has a link to an article to Nvidias "cheating" and talks about the new 50 det drivers and problems of not rendering frames correctly. Its a good read.

News Comments > Halo PC Gold
93. Re: Note To Self Sep 18, 2003, 04:38 mbmonk

If you released Half-Life today, or Unreal, that would be on par with releasing Halo today. Those were great games, but today? No.

Yea this game looks like crap now:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/openpic.php?name=..%2Fscreenshots_library%2Fdir_197%2Fvortal_pic_98952.jpg

News Comments > Halo PC Gold
92. Re: Halo? No thanks. Sep 18, 2003, 04:15 mbmonk

aww... bungie only did what anyone else would have done, i mean seriously if a huge ass company like M.$. were to dump a shitload of cash in your pocket (millions in this case) and offer you spacious working conditons, and unlimited resources, would'nt you take it... i know i would! that is the whole point of creating a game like halo in the first place, could they have done it without M.$.? sure, but the bottom line is...shut the hell up, and take the fuckin money!

Amen to that. Almost anyone in that situation would have did the same as bungie. But since bungie made that move they are "sellouts". Come the *bleep* on!

BTW to all the whiners who are mad because Halo didnt come out 2 years earlier, dont play dont buy it. There will be plenty of people who will and will enjoy a great game. I know its a great game because I played on the Xbarks.

77. Re: The Impact Effect Sep 18, 2003, 04:07 mbmonk

Being the quirky type

Yes.. yes you are

65. Re: the truth... is out there.... Sep 18, 2003, 00:00 mbmonk

I remember reading from Carmack or yadda yadda yadda that either the 5900 or the 9800 is the cards to own to run the new games. WTF did this change? At what point in the developer updates did nVidia just all of a sudden blow so hard in their oppinion?

I remember Carmack talking about how the TNT 2 was the card to get to run the Quake 3 Arena. My brother went out and bought the card before the game came out. So when Q3 is finally released we come home excited as hell and he fires up Q3. He got worse frames from the TNT 2 than I got from my vodoo 2 that was 2 years older at least. So I agree all these developers and reviews are saying such and such has a great card and it the saving grace and then come game time the cards do not perform. So for everyone thinking of upgrading for a specific game.. wait until the game comes out and you can get some hard numbers on a cards performance in that game.

38. Re: wakey wakey! Sep 17, 2003, 21:44 mbmonk

In reply to #19
http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=257

check that out....

an article on the new nvidia drivers and how they don't do much :\
That article means absoluetly nothing. Did you even read the thing before you posted the link. Here is a quote from the article

"Now, while I donít have a copy of the new beta Half Life 2 to benchmark using these new 51.75 drivers, it is these drivers that will give the NVIDIA graphics cards the much needed push in performance in DX9 games, including HL2. While we currently don't have good ways of testing DirectX 9, I decided it would be good to see how the new drivers affect current games running the DX8 API.."

Pay attention to the last sentence "We don't have a good way of testing DirectX9" that is key.

Also: " decided it would be good to see how the new drivers affect current games running the DX8 API.."

So your article doesnt even touch the issue of the new Det 50 drivers improving DIRECTX 9 performance. This article says that the beta driver does not improve DX 8 games, I never remember hearing that the Det 50 drivers were supposed to do?

WTF are you thinking?

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 21:49.

31 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo