Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for matt

Real Name matt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Malachii
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 13, 2003, 21:20
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 18390

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 22, 2014, 15:09 Malachii

PropheT wrote on

I don't even usually like console shooters, but there's something really addictive about it. [/quote:

Agreed! A buddy gave me a PS4 code and I was like *shrug* I'll try it. I only got one character to lv8 but man I was bummed Monday at lunch when it was down.

I think this is a great case in point for a demo or beta being polished enough to turn "maybes" into guaranteed sales.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
6. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:06 Malachii

These are games, not "needs" lol. I am guilty myself of many unplayed titles because of humble bundles and other bundle deals. I redeem the keys "just in case" but for the most part, have no intention of playing several of the titles.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
1. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Apr 2, 2014, 09:24 Malachii

I originally was not looking at this very hard, but now.. well, I am.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
28. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 15:36 Malachii

It's live in Asia and I'm not hearing about doom and gloom and problems logging in or error 37, etc. Plenty of streamers live on it as well.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
13. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 11:29 Malachii

I love the positive vibe in these threads lately. I am excited for launch tonight! Is there a blues group created in D3?  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
2. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 09:37 Malachii

Yeah I'm really back into it again. Paragon 211 and having a great time and cannot wait for next week.
I will say it seems Bliz isn't catching any breaks with damn near everything they are doing. One fuck up after another. It's almost comical at this point.
The geek in me WANTS to take a couple days off next week to chill with ROS, but given their ability to even hand out preorder wings? Probably be a waste of my plentiful vacation days.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Feb 19, 2014, 11:34 Malachii

I am really looking forward to SP:SoT.  

News Comments > Amazon acquires Double Helix Games
3. Re: Amazon acquires Double Helix Games Feb 6, 2014, 10:39 Malachii

Well this is certainly interesting.

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
10. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 09:46 Malachii

I love this Battlefield. Only remaining issues for me are kill swapping and it not properly changing levels at times requiring a game restart.

We all know with the previous titles that even on one platform (PC) they were just as horribly buggy. So yes, the above is *mostly bullshit.

However, cmon... you HAVE to give them a little tiny piece of cookie because the scope of their release was grand and unless I'm wrong, the 1st AAA title to do so? (PC, PS4, XONE, 360, PS3, tablets for commander, battlelog app)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 6, 2014, 13:59 Malachii

I am picturing Dr. Evil with his pinky finger declaring:

"One Thousand Visitors"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 12:21 Malachii

I will never understand why the PC only crowd constantly bashes the console crowd. We're all gamers, and why we read this site daily. Most gamers use both consoles and PC's, and you would be doing yourself a disservice not to. For me personally, flying, fighting, Jrpg's, racing, etc win me over on consoles, the rest, PC's.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2013, 12:02 Malachii

Take the time you need when you need it. We can all click ads and are patient on content.

"Thank you to all of our pet companions for their unconditional love and making our souls richer."

Ain't that the truth. I've had pets my whole life but none like the one I have now. Actually makes my life better with him around. Perfect match. (Border Collie)

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 11:31 Malachii

I suspect that a large sum of Blues traffic are older geezers that have been around for a while and nearing the time in our lives when loved ones will begin passing. As we get older we really appreciate life itself and health more than ever.

21. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 15:29 Malachii

I'm with you on the BF4 :-(

This is the first FPS game (besides halo 1) I have attempted on a console and while it *should* be awesome fun (If I didn't suck balls) but the stability is the worst of ANY shipped modern gaming title I have ever experienced.
I was about 80% of the way through campaign when my save corrupted. I get an immediate app crash about 70% of the time when loading the title up, and often have the app crash mid game, fight, menu system ,etc. The very thought that both dev and Sony green lit this for launch seriously makes me rage a little. If any of us did our job this poorly we would by fired. It's THAT bad. And as Verno mentioned, the main mode of battlefield, CONQUEST, doesn't even work! I have been playing TDM or Rush (which I DO enjoy). Also, whenever it crashed it lets you input some text, well, let's just say I input some words alright...
Coming from PC gaming, I also am a little amused at one of the settings that I'll paraphrase (adjusting this setting will improve latency, but may cause graphical problems). WTF! On a console, where shit is supposed to work. And when looking at servers and it shows the network bars, how in the hell do you know what your ping is to one? What does 4 bars mean? Whats the range? 0-100? Big difference between 20 and 100 ping.

Now for those used to fps'ing on consoles, I am struggling badly and looking for advice/tips. The vehicle controls are better than M/K imo, but running around, you would all laugh. I should upload a 15 minute clip of me sucking so bad you would think I've never played a game before. Why does it sometimes kind of auto lock on the enemy and follow them but not others? I know its called aim assist, but there is no stability to it that I can tell. Aiming at an enemy far away is a joke for me, but never for them. What's the trick? More sensitivity? Less?

4. Images: Oct 29, 2013, 10:59 Malachii

I, um, apparently have something in my eye.  

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
17. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 11:46 Malachii

What % of PC players are offline when they want to play a title like D3? REALLY?

I know the answer is not readily obtainable, but I have to guess that it's an absurdly low number. Except for travelers or umm, I dunno, campers? How often is your gaming PC not online? Internet goes out for a night because roadrunner/cox/whatever sucks and we would all get the dry mouths and shakes, but I assume playing D3 would be low on the list?

The ONLY time in the last year that I was denied playing D3 was because of Tuesday maintenance windows, and nothing else.
Personal situations and experience plays a large part in my opinion on this (ODRM)so your opinion and others may vary. Now THAT'S not hard to understand.

I realize from past experience that defending this title on Blues is like painting a bulls-eye on myself but man, some gamers (these ARE video games, not life/death) get so hostile and bent out of shape. Relax....go move some pixels around. :-)

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
13. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 11:26 Malachii

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:59:
And no, I do not believe drops were "tuned" for AH.(prove me wrong.. PROOF , not conjecture or twisting words)

Prove that it's not.

I'm not smart enough to prove a negative, or lack thereof :-) As far as console number drops being increased, So? I do not deny they can fine tune anything they want. I bet they can make the next 100 drops all be legs with crazy stats. I am just saying that I have not witnessed in my massive amount of hours the devastating affect most of you seem to say the AH has had on the game experience. For my personal play style, it only proved to be a positive experience.
I still wonder if this was from a no name company with a different name if opinions would different.

8. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 10:55 Malachii

Disagree.
I still like the auction house. Especially for alt leveling. It's great to be able to snag a lv60 weapon/armor with a reduced lv requirement of 14 to help with the last levels.

I know most older timers hated the auction house, but don't use it. Pretty simple. And no, I do not believe drops were "tuned" for AH.(prove me wrong.. PROOF , not conjecture or twisting words) We can get into the specifics of the item system being busted, but we've done that a million times already. Point is, the chances of an item dropping that beats what you have by the time you are para 100 is probably worse than lottery odds...So the AH fills this void nicely as well.
D2 players would buy/sell/trade all the time at this point, still not sure why the disdain? cause of the RMAH? If it was just gold would you all be LESS butthurt?

To clarify, I am done with D3 at this point in time having sucked a ton of time out of it but eagerly await the expansion next year. Will I pick up on console? Nah. Been there done that.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2013, 13:51 Malachii

Bizarre objectives: I still think rescuing the hoes from the boat in shipping containers in SR3 was one of my favs.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 15:37 Malachii

deqer wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 14:19:
I feel sorry for the people buying the xbone. They will be part of the minority group; a group that everyone will poke fun at.

That's strange, because as primarily a PS3 player, (I own all) I felt this way about the PS3 this generation. All my friends and family were all like, "playstation sucks," etc etc, but it was really about xbox live versus PSN. I had WAY too many negative xbox live experiences compared to the admittedly much smaller online playerbase of PSN.

Man, I just realized my most fun time on live was a drunken evening of Uno with the camera... I might have to try that again.
Draw four b*!^@#!!!

Heh.

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo