Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6053 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer
5. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 13:55 Tumbler

Would be awesome if after adding a few more DLC characters you could then play the game co-op with all these characters in a horde mode brawler type thing. I wanna see nighthawk, catwoman, Batman and Robin and duking it out in one place.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2011, 13:20 Tumbler

And I think reviewers should disclose what they play on for that reason. Or, more likely, reviewers should play on what they feel their audience will play on.

Not sure if it matters but the reviewer wrote a follow up to this:

Blog

To clarify, there are three stages in SideScroller. In both casual and normal mode, when you complete all three stages you unlock the "last stage." So I played through this last stage on both difficulties.

To me it just looks like the devs were furious about getting a 6.5 from IGN and decided to try and make the reviewer look stupid. In the end it makes me think this game is more complicated than it's worth. Stages don't unlock on easy mode? There is no ending unless you play it on normal? There is an ending? Bah.

This is not a good way to get people to buy your game and Pixeljunk ends up looking unprofessional.

Wonder what others gave this...checking metacritic...oh my. IGN is the only review. Moving on.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2011, 11:33 Tumbler

Actually, playing on casual is a big deal for some games.

Not a fan of this kind of thing. If the buyer is expected to pay full price then don't restrict content. Last stage, hard mode, etc. The ign guy posted a response to this as well. Pixeljunk looks kind of shady in all this.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3
1. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 26, 2011, 22:07 Tumbler

Was going to go rent this game on Redbox and see how the MP was. Sadly it seems EA does not give you a 24 hour trial period anymore so there is no way to try the game without buying the $10 code.

Oh well.

I went browsing for MP footage on Youtube and I can't get over how much the game looks and plays like BFBC2. Plenty of the same buildings and assets from that game. New maps are fun but it's hard to find footage that isn't typical infantry combat.

How many maps use Jets?

News Comments > Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released
4. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released Oct 25, 2011, 23:14 Tumbler

I'm sure they will add terminators in DLC.

I've already traded this game out but decent dlc that adds to the MP would get me to come back. (maybe even buy another copy!) Add Orks to the MP and Terminators and I'd be very interested in playing it again. As is the game feels like it's more of a concept than a working title. It feels like you're just playing with the same unit...you have heavy weapons but you don't really have anything to shoot at. Pretty sure they didn't invent lascannons to shoot random Space marines. Give me something to melt dammit.

News Comments > Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released
1. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released Oct 25, 2011, 20:39 Tumbler

Add Terminators or GTFO.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 16:02 Tumbler

Anyone tried using a controller with the game? Does it work by default with everything?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
71. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 19:49 Tumbler

Teddy wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 19:31:

No, you do not assume the role of the pilot in that mission. Apparently you simply failed to understand it. The other guy is the pilot, YOU are the weapons officer responsible for handling... you guessed it, the weapons.

Does anyone know if this back seat position is available in MP?

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
19. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 12:49 Tumbler

This youtube channel shows some outstanding video of gameplay. It's a walkthrough starting from the beginning and the SP side of this game looks like something people are going to love. HD quality, definitely worth the watch...but be warned, it will spoil the game for you. There are 11 parts so if you're definitely waiting on the game maybe you don't care, but if you're going to buy this tommorrow then probably don't watch this:

SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMediaCows#p/u/13/jrM7eQPXbNs

SPOILERS

I'm wondering if I'll even play the SP side after watching these video's. I highly recommend watching part 4 if nothing else. It's the (first?) jet mission and it's amazing.

Edit: I'm shocked that reviews are harping on the SP like it's not "good". It's as good as all the CoD stuff we see each year and people obviously love that so I would expect that a lot of CoD players will be happy to play through BF3. The graphics certainly bitch slap CoD across the face. It's literally the same formula that CoD uses with a fresh coat of paint. What's not to love about that airstrike mission?

Judged on it's own I can't see how the SP side isn't going to run circles around MW3's SP campaign. DICE seemed to be aiming for a better CoD experience since E3 and this looks to be exactly that...

Reviewers are weird...

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2011, 12:58.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
27. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 24, 2011, 00:33 Tumbler

If you want to spoil the shit out of this game there is an excellent set of lets play videosin HD! I've watched the first 6 bids, 4 was the jet mission in full!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrM7eQPXbNs

The guy doesn't talk much either!

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 18:08 Tumbler

To be fair, this is an amazing trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7GVSx7yMaA

I feel like the Singleplayer game is going to be outstanding, it looks like that is where they put the most time. The MP is a significant part of this game for me so my main concerns are there.

The jet scenes in this trailer and nothing short of magical.

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 17:19 Tumbler

They're going to make millions. Of course it will be.

They've spent millions, probably more than they'll make on Tuesday.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 17:01 Tumbler

I'll be shocked if Tuesday is a good day at DICE or EA.  

News Comments > Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass
17. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 21, 2011, 22:14 Tumbler

This is a really smart move.. But I don't know why anyone outside of PR/press uses the word 'free' to describe a 144? Dollar expense...

That is what I was looking for. $144 hunh. That is a lot. I guess if you're going to play wow for a year there is no reason not to get the newest game free. Smart marketing move. Assuming you already wanted to buy Diablo 3 you're looking at $65 so that means you could get a year of WoW for $79 with purchase of Diablo 3.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week
8. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 12:37 Tumbler

Cmon man, I hate ripoff DLC's also but not only do you get alot of content in the original for $15 bucks but $2.50 for a few items and upgrades isn't much to ask from these guys.

They put out a solid game for cheap, and the dlc content isn't too bad, I'll bite and support them, and more important, have fun doing it.

This is a $10 game if the buyer feels generous. At $15 they should be offering this DLC free of charge to existing owners and dropping the price on the core game to account for the DLC purchase for new buyers.

This game is overpriced. Adding DLC for free would work to bring it more in line with a fair price.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 12:07 Tumbler

Meh, doesn't make buying BF3 look any better than it did before. ME3 was a pre-order for me until recently. That MP mode announcement was the deal breaker for me. I've been a little concerned about the game being the open world style system we've seen in the past. I don't understand how they're going to do that when you start out with the earth being attacked... It seems more likely that ME3 is going to turn into a very narrow storyline that has you following a path rather than exploring a galaxy. I have no idea what they are really doing behind the scenes but I don't want to buy it at launch because of this concern. ME3 isn't the type of game I even want a demo for, give me the full game. I don't want to play part of it then stop and wait for a few weeks.

If they'd attached the MP side of the game to BF3 that might be interesting if they'd show some gameplay that looked fun. Heck ship the full MP game a month early and make it all downloadable for people with this code.

Everything I see coming from EA is off the mark. They could combine products like this in a way consumers would like but they can't seem to every connect the dots and do something that makes your product look like a stronger purchase. EA is acting like their shit doesn't stink and they don't have to make any effort to entice customers. As a longtime BF player I find myself speechless a week before BF3 comes out. Not buying that and I still can't believe I'm saying that. How do you screw that up when you've made so many BF games up to now? WTF.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week
1. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 11:45 Tumbler

Oh nice, that $15 price tag doesn't seem so bad now maybe I'll pick this up! ...wait, they want you to pay an additional $2.50?

LOL. Lemme just go check what i can get from Redbox. $2 gets me 2 days (today and tommorrow) with Resistance...Dark Souls (already have this one), NBA 2K12, Assault Horizon and many other games. In what world does this game deserve $15 when I'm probably going to beat it in one day and then you pay another $2.50 for additional content?!

Paying $15 should have prepaid for about 5 dlc packs with this game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 20, 2011, 22:58 Tumbler

Warner Bros. has missed the ball with the Batman: Arkham City. Many fans who picked up the Collector's Edition have been reporting a number of serious issues. PS3 owners were promised a copy of the animated movie, "Batman: Gotham Knight" on Blu-ray, but they only received it on DVD. The four collectible cards and Catwoman unlock code are simply not included in the package, while the Robin DLC redeem code is not working at all.

...it's a serious issue when your game doesn't work. I doubt these little hickups are going to stop anyone from buying and enjoying the game.

News Comments > New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC
9. Re: New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Oct 20, 2011, 17:31 Tumbler

you build bases in company of heroes? have you even played it? daw2 has nothing to do with coh, other than tales of velure. coh and coh: opposing front, where of the same high quality as dawn of war 1, and have absolutely none of the dumbed down shenanigans as daw2. daw2 might as well be a flash game it's so mindless.

Was thinking the same thing, it's dirty pool to say if you like CoH you'll like DoW2. The company is the same that made both games and there are a few mechanics borrowed from CoH but it's definitely not CoH in the WH40K universe. My god I wish it was though.

News Comments > New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC
2. Re: New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Oct 20, 2011, 13:13 Tumbler

Is this game any good? I haven't played any of the series.

Way more bang for your buck with the first Dawn of War and expansions.

I bought DoW2 at full price and was frustrated with that price. I waited until the first expansion was half off, $20 and that felt like a bad purchase. I bought retribution at launch because I was too lazy to cancel my pre-order on steam and I don't think I've ever played it. (played a few games in beta and just thought it was horribly boring)
DoW2 is an ok game but I think you'll find it tedious and boring very quickly. I don't know why they keep adding these content packs. They are tempting, or where, until you play the game. Ooooh that looks nice, maybe I'll fire it up for a few games....oh right, that is why I don't play this anymore. Thanx but no thanx.

6053 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo