Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6115 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up
26. Re: The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up Jan 21, 2012, 11:26 Tumbler

wtf_man wrote on Jan 21, 2012, 10:53:
Looks to me like this game will flop. Rumor isthat they have spent anywhere from 300-500 million making this game... (I said rumor)... and EA's shares have dropped already because the sales have been short of expectations.

That's odd. I just noticed an article linked on Reddit regarding this:

Joystick.com

Says the budget was 200 million and the stock has bounced back a bit on reports of total subscribers?

Will be interesting to watch things going forward. I like the game. My account go deactivated today though...so there is that...apparently my paypal billing information didn't go through...which is odd...because I used a 60 day time card so it shouln't have been trying to bill me at all...but even if it did the info was good so it should have gone through...

The 800 customer service line is a pretty big joke so far. I'll save that for another post....you do not want to call them if you don't have to...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
8. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 11:14 Tumbler

Seems reasonable for $5....oh...$50? Maybe that is a bug, probably just need to report that to steam. This is clearly a $5 special type item.

This is the future of secure DRM I'm afraid. Companies will push as far as they can and there will be a time when the license is only good for a year, then 6 months, then less and less. As long as people keep paying them they'll keep getting worse.

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
15. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 16:12 Tumbler

This appears to be fixed...

Have been checking my account stuff and clicking subscription brought up what looked like a blank slate. No sub info, no ability to cancel.

Just clicked the link again and it's showing all the correct info plus a cancel button.

Troubling...

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
22. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 8, 2012, 16:09 Tumbler

I have been playing since early start and have many days of played time. I have not noticed any 'responsiveness' problem at all.

I deal with it constantly. The cover system is a big problem at the moment. It's worst in pvp when you have to go into cover before you can use a lot of your attacks. It must take 2-3 seconds for the game to respond to the shift F command, god help you is you use the "Take Cover" ability and the game needs to find a spot to roll to. And then cover behind terrain stops a lot of your attacks from working!

A lot of the sniper shots lag, ambush in particular charges for 2.5 seconds then sits there waiting to fire and goes off a full second later in most cases. In PvE the delay is manageable but it was a lot better in the opening days when they were keeping the server loads light. Now that they've scaled up the number of players online at the same time the game is not performing well.

Empire station is ridiculous now. 5 fps all the time. The game runs fantastic with lower numbers of players but once you get above 175 or so and there are large groups the game starts choking on everything it's trying to load. It's great in the middle of the night, very few people in any of the zones, empire station is maybe 50 people, so runs like glass.

I want them to give us smaller instances so it runs better. I'd be happy with an empty instance just for me if I chose that option.

Space combat has also started to stutter...not sure why, this appears to be a private instance for each player, I would hope the game would run much better during those...

All that said, I'm really enjoying the game. So far the updates and such have been enough to keep more a bit happier than frustrated but they seem to keep pushing me to that line then they fix something. I think the IA is getting an update on monday that includes something I hope will help with the cover system.

I'd like them to work on the GTN, searching for gear is tedious and often a waste of time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2012, 12:49 Tumbler

I love Netflix. I think I'll start emailing companies that do not have their content on netflix and complain.

News Comments > Syndicate Co-op Trailer
6. Re: Syndicate Co-op Trailer Jan 3, 2012, 23:44 Tumbler

Amazon says this ships on February 21, 2012...Wow.

This looks awful.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
4. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 1, 2012, 13:48 Tumbler

This one's even better:
http://i.imgur.com/1J98e.jpg

Wow.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
1. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 1, 2012, 13:36 Tumbler

Top comment on reddit:

Banning for this comes off as an amateur move.

Couldn't agree more. There is no excuse for banning for looting higher level zones. If he's using some bizarre stealth trick to get past mobs and loot containers then fix that in the future. Banning people for something like this is just shy of incompetent.

I'd never say this on the official forums though...because they'd probably ban me!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2011, 13:00 Tumbler

The viacom vs Harmonix case makes me hopefully that Activision will get slapped with something similar vs the former heads of Infinity Ward.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2011, 12:10 Tumbler

I hope the court throws this out. It would be one this if the device was branded with a decepticon logo or was a dark purple or red or something in line with that franchise. Simply using the word transform to describe this item seems to cause no confusion for consumers...I hope they update the legal documents behind trademarks soon because this is just institutionalized extortion so large companies holding lots of trademarks can suppress competition in any form.

Let's trademark letters in the Alphabet. I'll take A,E,I,O,U. Open a law office and SUE EVERYONE!

Although if this were some sort of viral marketing campaign I'd say it worked because I went and looked up this tablet. My father has been talking about wanting a tablet with a keyboard and this seems like something to might work for him. I think I'd rather he buy one of those sturdier ones that looks like a netbook and the screen pops out. (screen is a tablet) This looks too delicate for him I think.

News Comments > BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack
4. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 00:29 Tumbler

If I install this, what will it unlock in SWTOR? Anything? No? Well that is too bad. Maybe you can make a star wars expansion for your game then I might want to play it again.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
56. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 18:07 Tumbler

20 min queue atm for Dark Reaper. (pvp west coast) I am loving this game. I'm spending most of my time crafting and running space missions. Also learning what I can buy and sell on the GTN. The Queue's haven't really caused much of an issue for me because I have been good about jumping in Queue way ahead of when I want to play and then when I finally get in it's around the time I wanted to play.

I wish they'd let me Queue for one server while I play on another though. I would be pretty happy with the situation if I could work on another character while I'm waiting to get into my main. Right now I have to alt tab and go do laundry, or whatever else needs to be done, read reddit.

News Comments > The Old Republic Code Issues
29. Re: The Old Republic Code Issues Dec 19, 2011, 23:10 Tumbler

Heh, just opened my copy of SWTOR wondering if I had any issues with the code, looks fine but the contents of the box are kind of sad. Comes in a DVD case, 3 discs on one spindle (first time I've seen that...) and then 3 pieces of paper. But to my surprise the paper with the code on it has a keyboard legend! Something useful! So I set it down beside me and stare at it. Takes me a minute to realize I can't read one motherfucking thing. So I pick it up and start moving it closer and closer and closer...there! Now I can see it, holding it 6 inches from my face! LOL, who chose these colors? dark orange on a gray background. My eyes are mad at me for trying to read that.  

24. Re: The Old Republic Code Issues Dec 19, 2011, 20:26 Tumbler

OH SHIT TUMBLER THERE WENT YOUR FREE TIME!

NO SHIT!!!!! HAD THE WHOLE EVENING FREE AND THEY GO AND FUCK IT ALL UP!

21. Re: The Old Republic Code Issues Dec 19, 2011, 20:12 Tumbler

Everything is down for maintanence!?

WTF is this #$^&?!

13. Re: The Old Republic Code Issues Dec 19, 2011, 16:52 Tumbler

It's two days, cheap ass, get crackin.

Free gamin is the best gamin!

11. Re: The Old Republic Code Issues Dec 19, 2011, 16:40 Tumbler

Many Bothans died... to bring you these unreadable codes.

Heh, this got a chuckle out of me.

Anyone know if registering the retail code ends your "free" early access period? It looks like that period will go till dec 22nd so me being the cheap ass gamer i am don't want my paid subscription starting until the 23rd.

You have to setup billing info when you register with the code I assume? Did you notice what the first billing date will be?

News Comments > On SWTOR Queues
34. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 13:13 Tumbler

I'm on Dark Reaper and it's consistently 1 hour Queue to get into the game. I'm really enjoying the game once I'm in though. The game has never crashed for me, rarely do I see lag and I love the crafting system. Space missions have also been a great way to crank out XP and earn credits without running side missions for hours on end.

Crossing my fingers that things will get better after launch. I'm at level 20 right now (sniper). The Queue's wouldn't be so bad if I could get in line for one server and go play on another while I wait. A friend is playing on another server and wants me to get a character going there but I've already spent so much time on my guy on Dark Reaper.

This is my own fault. I chose Dark Reaper because I felt like server name was going to be a popular choice for west coast pvp. And it was. And while it's awesome being on that server because there are tons of ppl everywhere, lots of market items to buy...I have to wait FOREVER to get in.

Rusby wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 12:59:
The crafting system is borderline genius and will forever spoil players who experience it

Concur, the crafting system is so much fun. It doesn't feel like work. The only drawback is that you don't have your extra dude helping you and that problem quickly goes away when you get your spaceship! Traveling is still a big part of this MMO but I spend the whole time gathering resources and making armor while i'm running around!

News Comments > The Old Republic Trailer
1. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 16, 2011, 20:58 Tumbler

We're still several days away from launch and these Queue's are already getting a little nuts. Was 30 min for my server earlier, now it's an hour. Server performance has been outstanding though, once you're in I've never been disconnected and I'm seeing very little lag.

Pleasantly surprised by the crafting system. Doesn't stop you from playing the game, very easily fits into playing the game where you can be crafting over time while you're completing missions.

Just got my spaceship and having fun see those missions finally. EA was pretty clever shipping the game early, I already got my copy from Amazon so if I decide at hte last minute I don't want to bite the bullet then I have to ship the game back and deal with all that.

Clever move EA.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
45. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 21:20 Tumbler

Has it gone free-to-play yet?

It basically is free to play right now... you can still cancel your pre order retaining your early access. Pre order / early access are the "free" trials.

6115 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo