Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 5983 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed
6. Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed Sep 15, 2011, 16:24 Tumbler

So 9 maps. And all 9 of those maps work with Rush mode... It's possible they are able to open up the maps a lot more and spread the flags out in 64 player matches but conquest using the rush capture points never felt like much fun. The maps were designed to follow a path so the farther down that path you go the more enemies you're likely to find in conquest...

It was never like the big open maps from bf2 that had you traveling all over the map.

Have they released any mini map images of how the conquest 64 player maps will look compared to the smaller map modes? (ie where the captures points will be?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
6. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 14, 2011, 23:07 Tumbler

Personally I would rather link my credit card to my batle.net account (as is done when you pay by CC anyway) and have the credits transferred straight back to my bank account via mastercard/visa etc..

I find this whole concept of having payment information built into the game like this about as appealing as the itunes walled garden approach where everything you do is designed to suck a dollar out here, a dollar out there.

This all seems like a big sham to push a micro transaction heavy game onto the market under the guise of "you can sell your loot!". Would you like to spend $0.25 and get 5 health potions? Special 1 hour offer tonight only, buy 10 gold for $1, confirm?

News Comments > Scrolls Lawsuit Update
6. Re: Scrolls Lawsuit Update Sep 14, 2011, 22:55 Tumbler

I can't in good conscience fund Bethesda's potential lawsuit, so I won't be buying Skyrim and I encourage the rest of you to do the same. Cut it the fuck out, Bethesda.

Well I'm not going to buy it but if it shows up in my mailbox I will play it. I don't see what everyone is so crazy excited about. It looks good but so did Oblivion...just seems a little generic. I will pop it in once it arrives though.

News Comments > Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month
1. Re: Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month Sep 14, 2011, 12:11 Tumbler

Hmmmm, wonder how much this will cost...  

News Comments > DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 "Lead Platform"
18. Re: DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 Sep 13, 2011, 22:58 Tumbler

Judging only from the alpha I'm feeling like the console version is the way to go for me. The performance of that on my pc was horrid and I don't see anything that makes me want to upgrade my pc.

Hopefully they'll have a demo for the pc after the game comes out but I won't hold my breath.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Preloads
37. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Preloads Sep 13, 2011, 17:19 Tumbler

At 1PM Eastern, so it should be unlocked by now. If not then any minute now.

Meh, checking now, 2pm PST...still says pre-load. I'm at work with steam open, I would assume that pre-load button should just say install...

Not really upset since I can't play it right now but just seems less than I expected. I figured it'd unlock early in the morning at very latest...

Edit: Steam Store page says it will unlock in approx an hour. 3:20pm PST?

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2011, 17:24.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:42 Tumbler

Wow, I went to their website after playing the demo and asked them to add the FOV options. Was easy to find their email on the site so I figured what the hell, here is some feedback. I'm impressed. I hope this game does well.

And I believe this makes me a game designer! Woo hoo! We gotta stop those used game sales, killing the Industry, dlc adds value, come on guys $60 ain't that much, cup o coffee u know?

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Preloads
35. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Preloads Sep 13, 2011, 13:15 Tumbler

This thing ever unlock, I checked at 6am PST and it still said pre-load. What time do new releases usually unlock? I figured it was midnight on launch day...but at 1am it was not unlocked. The Warhammer 40k Space Marine SP campaign is surprisingly hard to stop playing. Seems to be just challenging enough to keep me engaged and moves fast enough to where I just kept saying...ok just a few more min, ooo wow, that was cool, well I guess I can get through one more level.

Should be able to finish it tonight.

News Comments > World of Battleships Website
3. Re: World of Battleships Website Sep 13, 2011, 13:04 Tumbler

No subs? Now I'm sad.

Ahhh, I came in just to talk about how much I love playing subs in Battlestations Midway. Shame the full game shipped with almost no maps that combined all the forces like the demo. The gameplay on the demo map was fantastic.

Add Subs. Make it cost money or something but add subs.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2011, 12:48 Tumbler

I thought it was pirates that were costing devs/pubs so much money? This whine sounds all too familiar. Now it's legit owners of your software? The people who bought it are the problem?

You didn't mention bootlegging so I'm guessing you're complaining that people are playing your licensed copies that you created and sold. The only way a game becomes a "used game" is when someone buys it new (IE PAYS YOU) then trades it. So that person is the problem? You're customers are the problem!?

You're an idiot.

News Comments > Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam
4. Re: Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam Sep 9, 2011, 22:21 Tumbler

There is a lot here for fans of the Warhammer 40k universe. The detail in how you can make your space marine look in multiplayer is impressive. Way more options than you'd expect.

I hope they are planning on adding to the MP side of this game. It needs more game modes. The biggest thing missing for me is vehicles. Even in the sp campaign it's a little too infantry focus'd. Can't fix that now but with MP you could offer a game mode where one team of 4 or so took control of a land raider or multiple land raiders and needed to drive them to safety. The other team would be devastators and would need to blow them up before they reached their goal.

I haven't played through the campaign very far so this is assuming vehicles are in the game. I fought a flying machine ork thing but that wasn't anything you'd see on a battlefield typically.

And it's really frustrating that there are killstreaks in this game but nothing to call in after you've gotten 3 kills+. No Thunderhawk straffing run, no landspeeder napalm strike, no deep striking terminators. It just records that you got a killstreak..woohoo.

How about you drop a dreadnaught behind me!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 9, 2011, 13:06 Tumbler

Make DLC. Make it now. I would think you can push more copies out if you throw together some significant dlc for the game. Expand the top section of China into a hub city. I loved seeing that area and wanted to explore it. Expand Montreal into a hub city! Put more shops into the game to buy things from. Make a new game+ option to start the game with your current augs and upgraded weapons. (start us at sarif industries with the malfunctioning retinal display)

Make as much of this content free as possible because that is how you sell more copies. If everything costs money you just get a smaller and smaller bite of the current owners.

News Comments > Gearbox Seeks Borderlands Feedback
5. Re: Gearbox Seeks Borderlands Feedback Sep 8, 2011, 22:13 Tumbler

Don't put always on drm in the game.

And don't do any of the exclusive pre-order crap either.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement
26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement Sep 8, 2011, 17:19 Tumbler

I'm hoping to play through the game again once this DLC arrives. I did the stealth approach, this 2nd time I'll do gunz gunz gunz and finally get to fight all those cool looking robots rather than sneak around them.

Plus those bosses can say hello to a badass upgraded weapon instead of a stun gun. We'll see how well you like that you sons of bitches. I'm thinking the machine pistol since everyone and their mothers seemed to carry those around.

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
51. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 8, 2011, 17:11 Tumbler

Hunh, I'm a little confused on what this reference even means. General immature comment towards a female character as being a feminist if she does more damage to men?

ok, well, lets see what other news happened today...

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
15. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 7, 2011, 19:53 Tumbler

Weeell i suppose if steam is not DRM its freely open to being circumvented, removed, disabled then ?

heh, I notice that the demo is offered through a variety of services which technically means that those "versions" of the game are drm free so maybe he was talking only about the demo. See, we care about gamers so we didn't put any drm on our game....demo. Full game is locked up tight. Reminds me of a good joke we had around the office, someone asked if we'd be able to buy this game outside of steam? We all laughed our asses off, hell no, then there would be no drm on the game!

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
4. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 7, 2011, 18:18 Tumbler

And no DRM? Just take my money right now, it's yours.

Can anyone confirm that the EXE file where the game installs will work without steam running? I'm assuming it won't since this game is only available on steam. (and is overpriced in my opinion)

I highly doubt this is DRM free, I would guess this game requires steam to be running before the game will launch.

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month
30. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 16:52 Tumbler

They are indeed pretty poor quality, the binding was all messed on mine and several pages were inexplicably blank.

The more of the reviews I read the more disgusted I became. Was hoping that was only on the first shipments but looking at the newest orders shows this is still an ongoing problem.

Splurged and spent $20 on a new copy of the hardcover version. I'm guessing my wife will want to read them as well. Was tough not to jump to the audio edition...haven't read a book in a loooonnnngggg time.

27. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 15:33 Tumbler

Pay attention to the 119 negative reviews there, Tumbler. Those aren't for the story, like the positive reviews, but for the physical product.

- pages are missing
- pages are misplaced
- pages have been cut so unprofessionally that the two bottom-lines are missing for several chapters in a row
- the binding breaks and pages fall out
- the font is so small, that people with imperfect eyesight have trouble reading

Just noticed this, canceling the order...trying to anyway. Quality of this set sounds awful. I think I'll pick up the hard copy of the first book and see how that goes.

21. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 15:17 Tumbler

I'm currently reading a Feast for Crows and think this series is generally one of the best book series I've ever read. I'll have to try the demo of this game if they release one.

Hmm...I should look into these books.

$20 for all four books shipped to my house!? Link

Sold.

5983 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo