Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6080 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting
2. Re: Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting Nov 18, 2011, 11:05 Tumbler

Giantbomb.com did an excellent quick look for the game. Instead of reading reviews or going to metacritic just go watch them play the game for a bit.

Can't say I've given metacritic ratings more than a passing glance since I started watching quick looks. Let's Play video's on youtube are also outstanding.

If you're still reading reviews you're just not using the best resources available for determining if a game is worth the money or not.

TNT (thursday night showdown) this week was Saint's Row the third which was hilarious to watch. Highly recommend checking that out as well. Looks worth the money in my opinion.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 13, 2011, 16:16 Tumbler

Why was CoD: Elite so unprepared?

Because no one was going to pass on the game if this feature was not working well at launch. It would have been a waste of money to get that service running by launch. We have plenty of time to get the service working while everyone is playing MW3. In a month or two when the first map pack drops that is the day when it's important that elite works properly.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
118. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 22:09 Tumbler

Anyone else playing conjurer? Was trying to be a dragon rider type guy so I took the "control animals" race (wood elf). Once in the game I see that the spell can only be fired once a day. (WTF?!) Closest thing I could find is conjurer. I can make zombies, from dead bodies, summon something called a familiar and most recently I'm able to summon some crazy flaming woman that shoots fire balls! I tried casting the zombie spell on a dead giant and the game said he was too powerful for that spell. I have the reanimate corpse spell now so I need to go back and try and see if I can get that guy on my side... Just wish they lasted a bit longer :). 60 seconds and they turn to dust.

I'm loving conjurer so far. Need to see if that once a day control animal spell works on dragons...then I shall RIDE THE DRAGON!

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
41. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 12:30 Tumbler

Got this from Redbox this morning, have the full day off...but 2 children to watch. Can't wait for nap time! Ordered sleeping gas for just this occasion! (kidding) From watching the quick look on giant bomb and that 12 hour marathon I can't wait to get into this game. I love the map. Everytime they bring that up I'm in awe.

Job #1. Ride a dragon. I'm going to figure out how to ride a dragon and I shall rule the dragons!

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
20. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 15:45 Tumbler

Uh hunh. No drm here. Buy it. Trust us!

I'll give ubisoft credit if people buying the game next week say it has no online drm. Your word is not enough to go on.

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
23. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 13:31 Tumbler

Giantbomb.com is doing an all day (12 hour) casting of someone playing skyrim! Why read reviews when you can watch the game being played!!!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 13:41 Tumbler

Was planning on going into Best Buy and trading in some games to get this yesterday but I couldn't stay excited after watching video clips like this:

MW3

It looks fun, just not something I want to go spend $60 on. I'll pick this up on goozex in the next month anyway so....maybe redbox has it....not yet.... Should be added today. But they are getting skyrim on both 360/ps3! And Assassins creed and SR3! I LOVE YOU REDBOX!

News Comments > Titan Senior Designer Laid Off?
6. Re: Titan Senior Designer Laid Off? Nov 7, 2011, 22:36 Tumbler

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:07:

Can't wait to hear the rest of this story...

Yes, more please.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 22:34 Tumbler

People keep saying sensitive story elements were leaked but all I keep seeing is basically the demo they plan to release in January which looks like the mission we've seen them showing since E3 this year.

Would someone explain or link to whatever they keep referencing about story leaks?

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked Footage
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Footage Nov 7, 2011, 15:47 Tumbler

Would someone go into excessive detail about any story elements revealed by watching the video? As much controversy is being made about this I only see a few screen shots that appear to be from the same mission we've seen all along.

What am I missing.

Give me all the spoilers!

News Comments > DCS: Black Shark 2 Launch Trailer
3. Re: DCS: Black Shark 2 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2011, 17:58 Tumbler

Doesn't look like it's available on steam yet. Wasn't too happy about DCS A-10 being activated software even though it was sold on steam. I will consider buying this on Steam when it gets there but if it's activated so I have limits on how many times I can install/play then I'll pass.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation</p> <ul> <li><a href= Nov 4, 2011, 22:07 Tumbler

Actually, graphically it looks worse than UC2.

I have a 37 inch 1080p Vizio and play UC2 on it quite a bit, yet when a friend of mine came over to see what it (UC3) looked like on my TV it didn't look any better to me. Even UC1 looked better. Maybe it's the sandy environments, but it looks so drab and lifeless.

This is my impression of the game so far. I've watched some youtube hd clips of the first and second mission and the opening of U2 seemed a lot more impressive.

Link

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Battlefield 3 vs. Back Ops and MW2 Nov 3, 2011, 18:13 Tumbler

Umm, maybe you should give BF3 at least through Christmas to build it's eventual long-term player base before you compare it to games that have had a full year or 2 years of sales in order to build up their player base.

Would be interesting to see stats for 9 days after launch of MW2 and Blops and see what those numbers were compared to BF3 today.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans
10. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 17:38 Tumbler

I'll pay five bucks to the first person that rapes the shit out of Tumbler in MW3 multi.

LOL, I imagine it might sound something like this.

Wait, wait where do I plug in my keyboard and mouse!? Wait, no, don't start! No I'm not plugged in! Hold on, WTF that is bullshit, I'm not ready. Hold on, no, NOOOO!!! STOPPPP!!! GODDAMMIT! How the hell do I work thi- FUCK! Alright I got m- DAMMIT. It's not working!!! Stop!!! I'm not ready, can someone move that chair over here!? I need a table!!! This isn't fair!!!

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMOG's "Flexible" Business Model
7. Re: Warhammer 40K MMOG's "Flexible" Business Model Nov 3, 2011, 16:05 Tumbler

We will have not just one business model, like subscriptions. There will be other monetisation mechanisms in the game... The team there is being very thoughtful about how we maximize monetisation in this game.

I'm going to monetize the shit out of that dude! Boom MONEYSHOT!

They should make a game where when you kill someone you earn money. Like $0.50. If you get a head shot you earn $1. The person you kill has to pay $0.75 if they get killed and if they are killed by a headshot you are charged $1.25.

I should start collecting games soon because it feels like we're about to head off a fucking cliff with this shit.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans
1. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 15:56 Tumbler

I was at Best Buy the other night and the guy mentioned this 8pm Play MW3 event. Basically you can go into Best Buy and play MW3 for the few hours before launch at midnight.

I'm kind of impressed by this idea...clever way to make the whole release night experience more fun. I've never wanted to go to something like this but the chance to play MW3 for free sounds enticing...and I'm genuinely curious at what the crowd will be like.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2011, 17:46 Tumbler

Most people going to a review just want a concise crap/not crap. A smaller subset actually wants to read. A much smaller subset wants validation for their own fanboyism. You lose the first and last group by dropping numbers.

I think most people going to a review are looking to justify a pre-order. I think most have already made the decision to purchase and want to see good news about the game. It's all part of the hype machine in the end, fans want to see lots of reviews show up praising the game right before launch and they'll lash out at people who don't give them what they want. Honest reviews be damned, they're here to scream and shout how awesome the game is.

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes
11. Re: More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes Nov 2, 2011, 17:20 Tumbler

The boss fights were too much for the team to do internally in the time we had. We totally underestimated the effort to do that correctly. We had to work with an external supplier with that, but the design and everything is from the team at Eidos Montreal.

Thank god you guys found time to work on DLC. Nobody cares about boss fights. I mean look at Dark Souls, those guys wasted so much time on boss fights when they could have been working on DLC!

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2011, 15:15 Tumbler

I like reading positive and negative reviews to games in general. I don't think reviews need to generally agree on content and quality as if it's some scientific process. Someone who gives Batman, for example, an 80 instead of something closer to the average score is not "doing it wrong".  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 13:19 Tumbler

Graphics look awesome! I was hoping for a California setting on the northern side. Fuck LA. Give me San Francisco all the way out to Lake Tahoe. San Jose, Silicon Valley, headquarters of "Fruit" and whatever they call Google. Lets get the City of Oakland as the center point of the whole experience.

Disappointing to see them going back down to LA. (I'm assuming San Andreas was LA...never played it)

6080 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo