Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6094 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
26. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 13:33 Tumbler

but I forgot to kick off the client install over the weekend

...oooo...it took me 2 days to get this thing installed. I was downloading at 2.5 mb/s in most cases. The installer kept locking up and I couldn't tell if it was simply in the middle of downloading / installing or if it had frozen but each time I had to force quit and when it came back it started downloading again. (it was making progress...) It wasn't pleasant.

Don't minimize it. I don't think I ever had an issue if I did not minimize it though. Good Luck.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2011, 13:38.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
21. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 12:50 Tumbler

Got my email first thing this morning, servers were basically empty when i logged in...game ran great! I shutter to think what it will be like tonight.

They definitely got the opening experience right with the video's as you open the game. Hopefully those battles will be a part of the story as you play through the game.

One thing I'm puzzled by is why they did not make the starting areas much more tutorial like with missions going to your skill trainers, to vendors, combat training areas. The first time I played this game on a beta test weekend the entire experience was frustrating because I didn't know where things were. How Taxi's Worked, how quick travel worked, where the auto run key was. This second time through is a breeze by comparison. (all 30 min of it)

Ended up picking the class with the coolest starship, imperial agent. Don't really want to play as that but all the other starships look like shit. Hopefully they will allow people to buy different starships in the future because the other classes look fun but they're starships are fugly. Evil Jedi isn't too bad but I'd rather play a good jedi...but that ship looks ridiculous.

So far Imperial Agent is more fun than smuggler...which is ironic as they are basically the same thing. Starting missions are better in my opinion.

I just want to fly a fucking spaceship. Crossing my fingers that they expand the space side of things.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG?
41. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG? Dec 12, 2011, 18:47 Tumbler

Ugh, valve arg's are right next to facebook promotions in my book. Not interested.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 5, 2011, 12:51 Tumbler

I'm surprised they let you assign a new account after resetting the system to factory defaults. Was sure we were going to start hearing how used hardware sales are killing the industry! No money goes to the developers!!! It's for the children!!!! Think of the children!!!!  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 4, 2011, 17:13 Tumbler

$3.74? Well that is just...Cha-Ching! Dammit, don't even want this game but for $4 how can I say no?  

News Comments > GLaDOS Invading Defense Grid Next Week
5. Re: GLaDOS Invading Defense Grid Next Week Dec 3, 2011, 15:57 Tumbler

This sounds cool. Maybe I'll fire up defense grid and get ready for this.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2011, 12:30 Tumbler

I bought the 4gb Xbox + Kinect bundle off amazon for $199 on Black Friday. Too good a deal to pass up. I already have a 360 120gb version and I was considering giving that as a gift to either my parents (netflix) or my step mother (camera video confercing, facebook, netflix?).

I would have kept the 120gb xbox but the Kinect that comes with the new box requires an aux port to plug in which I guess is different than the $150 boxed version you can buy seperately...so this kinect only works with the new S version xbox. So now I have to buy the 250gb hdd as well...and a tranfer cable.

News Comments > Dragon Age Multiplayer Planned?
25. Re: Dragon Age Multiplayer Planned? Nov 30, 2011, 16:52 Tumbler

Multiplayer support is coming to the Dragon Age franchise, according to an "insider" report on Kotaku....the ability to play as a Dragon would be part of the process.

Eh heh hehehh, hahahahah HAHAAHA AH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

News Comments > Indie Royale's Really Big Bundle
4. Re: Indie Royale's Really Big Bundle Nov 29, 2011, 18:03 Tumbler

Euforia looks different. They should have a java version of the game like Minecraft has on their website. I'm curious enough to try it in a browser game but I don't want to go pay for it, download and install it to see more.  

News Comments > Kotick on SWOTR Economics
13. Re: Kotick on SWOTR Economics Nov 29, 2011, 14:52 Tumbler

the devs turned the game around and in this new beta phase everyone playing it says that it is indeed good.

I don't understand how anyone could consider this game "good". For $60 you can be playing Skyrim or Batman, or so many other games that are so much more fun than this.

New is always exciting but this feels exactly like star trek felt before launch. Looks nice but is just a big waste of time in the end.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 10:53 Tumbler

I think dice was foolish to hold these maps back. There are only 3 maps that feel like a battlefield game. (Firestorm, caspian, kharg) and hopefully a few more once these maps are released. Haven't played this game in a few weeks now... Not sure these maps will be enough to change that.  

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
133. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 25, 2011, 12:46 Tumbler

Meh, maybe they'll do the console crowd a favor and cancel the game there as well. This franchise needs to be shelved for a few years. It needs a reboot. Next console gen maybe.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
37. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 23, 2011, 21:18 Tumbler

Come on Skyrim super deal! According to IGN, it's not going to be on sale at any of the big box retailers, so hopefully Steam or Amazon still will. (Well, Amazon has it for an amazing 86 cents off right now! Wooo-eee!)

Green Man Gaming has it for 10% off. I picked the game up today...would suck to see a sale better than that...today at least. I'm surprised how well the pc version runs for me. I'm a bit above the minimum specs and with it on high I'm really happy with it. Excellent controller support, game looks identical to the console interface which was my main concern.

I really wish they'd offer a refund period on steam. I wanted to buy this game a week ago but I couldn't confirm how the interface compared to the console version. Giant Bomb mentioned that it was a perfect port in that respect. You plug in your pc on your tv and it will look the same as it does on the consoles. (higher res and better textures obviously) FOV and general controls all work perfectly off a controller. Rerolled a character earlier and I'm blazing through the early parts the 2nd time through.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
3. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 23, 2011, 16:03 Tumbler

Thumbs up at Orcs must die! for $3.74. Bought the DLC as well, total $5.35. Much happier with those prices than what that games has been up to now.  

News Comments > Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting
2. Re: Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting Nov 18, 2011, 11:05 Tumbler

Giantbomb.com did an excellent quick look for the game. Instead of reading reviews or going to metacritic just go watch them play the game for a bit.

Can't say I've given metacritic ratings more than a passing glance since I started watching quick looks. Let's Play video's on youtube are also outstanding.

If you're still reading reviews you're just not using the best resources available for determining if a game is worth the money or not.

TNT (thursday night showdown) this week was Saint's Row the third which was hilarious to watch. Highly recommend checking that out as well. Looks worth the money in my opinion.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 13, 2011, 16:16 Tumbler

Why was CoD: Elite so unprepared?

Because no one was going to pass on the game if this feature was not working well at launch. It would have been a waste of money to get that service running by launch. We have plenty of time to get the service working while everyone is playing MW3. In a month or two when the first map pack drops that is the day when it's important that elite works properly.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
118. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 22:09 Tumbler

Anyone else playing conjurer? Was trying to be a dragon rider type guy so I took the "control animals" race (wood elf). Once in the game I see that the spell can only be fired once a day. (WTF?!) Closest thing I could find is conjurer. I can make zombies, from dead bodies, summon something called a familiar and most recently I'm able to summon some crazy flaming woman that shoots fire balls! I tried casting the zombie spell on a dead giant and the game said he was too powerful for that spell. I have the reanimate corpse spell now so I need to go back and try and see if I can get that guy on my side... Just wish they lasted a bit longer :). 60 seconds and they turn to dust.

I'm loving conjurer so far. Need to see if that once a day control animal spell works on dragons...then I shall RIDE THE DRAGON!

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
41. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 12:30 Tumbler

Got this from Redbox this morning, have the full day off...but 2 children to watch. Can't wait for nap time! Ordered sleeping gas for just this occasion! (kidding) From watching the quick look on giant bomb and that 12 hour marathon I can't wait to get into this game. I love the map. Everytime they bring that up I'm in awe.

Job #1. Ride a dragon. I'm going to figure out how to ride a dragon and I shall rule the dragons!

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
20. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 15:45 Tumbler

Uh hunh. No drm here. Buy it. Trust us!

I'll give ubisoft credit if people buying the game next week say it has no online drm. Your word is not enough to go on.

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
23. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 13:31 Tumbler

Giantbomb.com is doing an all day (12 hour) casting of someone playing skyrim! Why read reviews when you can watch the game being played!!!  

6094 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo