Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6051 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 13:59 Tumbler

I think Jeff Gerstman's comment on endings in Mass Effect 3 last night (Bombcast) was hilarious. And perfect.

In short someone said they could change the ending to Shepard Shitting in his hand, then flinging it at the camera. To which point Jeff responded, "It would be more Honest."

I lost it when I was listening to this. (approx 9:48, start from the beginning if you want full context)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking
19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:10 Tumbler

With the amount of vitriol related to this game hopefully it'll give Bioware pause to think about their actions and get back to being a good company.

I wonder if the delay past the Holiday 2011 season was their "adjustment" based on the vitriol of the Dragon Age 2 launch?

Meh, I blame Swtor. I think that the studio bit off more than they could chew with that game and with it snowballing into an apparent disaster (it actually turned out pretty ok...) they just pulled resources from ME3 to compensate and get it ready for launch.

Might have even affected DA2 but that seems unlikely, I think the development time for that was too short and we probably got the best they could do with that time.

Do you want to be responsible for a terrible Star Wars MMO or a terrible Mass Effect 3. Maybe they just chose the lesser of 2 evils...

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
42. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 13, 2012, 16:28 Tumbler

I watched that final part 5 update from Double Fine, LOL. 3 million is close enough for me! Upgraded my contribution to $100. I can't wait for my T-Shirt!!!

Also dropped $15 on Wasteland 2!!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 13, 2012, 16:24 Tumbler

I look forward to a free trial when you've added a ton more content!

I have a few days left on my account, 7 I think, and I just don't see any point in logging in. I started a new toon on a different server but I think I hit lvl 20 or so and I don't have the patience to "play" the game anymore.

The flashpoints might be fun but without a group finding tool to make getting into those missions as easy as getting into pvp it's not worth my time. I enjoyed the SP experience the first time through, felt good to hit 50.

I think they need to build more content that is accessible with multiple companions. You have 6 by the end and you can only use one at a time. It'd be really cool to be able to use all 6 on a flashpoint or an operation.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
40. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:49 Tumbler

Crysis was spectacular when it was announced and when it shipped. (graphically) Since then you have not been spectacular.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 11, 2012, 18:59 Tumbler

Disk Locked content could combat Used game sales...if you offered it to new game buyers free of charge...You slowly add content like that to new games via those online pass codes. Instead of selling those online passes for used game buyers you sell the dlc as individual stuff that is expensive. The online pass codes would be more like season passes and they would be exclusive to new game purchase.

This basically drops the price you can get for used games as the new games "increase" in value because of extra content.

No one does this though, because you make more money charging the new game buyers for DLC because they're likely the only ones willing to pay the outrageous prices you want.

DLC is all about exploiting your paying customers. Those are your cash cow. They're the one who dropped $60 to own your game and they'll be the first ones to drop $10 for some costumes locked on your disc.

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
7. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 9, 2012, 21:43 Tumbler

This game seems to be snow balling...still...it's Blizzard. As screwed up as things seem to be they'll probably come out smelling like rainbows and lollipops and the game will be amazing. (for people who like their games)  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
25. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 15:17 Tumbler

Hmm, open beta is available, guess I'll give this a shot. 2.4gb download from installer. I'm curious if this supports a controller or if I have to use a mouse and keyboard. Would be awesome if I could play this via controller.  

News Comments > New Wasteland Will Be DRM-Free
14. Re: New Wasteland Will Be DRM-Free Mar 9, 2012, 13:40 Tumbler

Why haven't you taken my money yet!?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 13:09 Tumbler

Tumbler will commit suicide if this is true.

Heh, actually I'm good either way. I love a good train wreck and that is exactly what MS and Sony would have if they shipped an all digital console. At that point Steam would obliterate them. If I'm going to be locked to an online digital distribution system I'm sure as hell not picking Xbox Live or PSN. LOL, my god, can you imagine. Those services are necessary evils to an otherwise good gaming platform. PSN may be free but buying games on that service makes no sense to me. The less time I have to be on that system the better. And Live? I could burn my money and get more entertainment per dollar spent. (aka they're a rip off on game purchases)

News Comments > BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot
12. Re: BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot Mar 8, 2012, 14:53 Tumbler

however, BioShock 2 CE was pretty sweet.

I picked up a copy of this on firesale at Best Buy, $10 plus free shipping. Was shocked at the contents, really nice. This is what makes me want to start my little video game wall, this came with a lot of frameable stuff.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot
8. Re: BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot Mar 8, 2012, 13:03 Tumbler

LOL, I read that as Motorized Parrot. Looking at the screenshot I was confused why they would call it a Parrot... It should be called Gattling Washington.

Makes more sense now.

I was hoping this was a CE version announcement that you get a motorized parrot when you buy it. TAKE MY MONEY!

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 8, 2012, 12:58 Tumbler

I guess in some esotheric, purely theoretical way the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, but in reality it's the other way around. Sony's stupid memory sharing system is murdering the latest games to come out on their platform.

I think it's a perception is reality type thing. Sony hyped their machines power with the cell processor and blu-ray and wouldn't shut up about 1080p graphics and it's all a big joke.

I don't think they would dare admit that their machine is underpowered (and it certainly is thanx to the RAM stupidity) so what we end up with is the public expecting better games on the PS3 and it being some sort of scandal when it's exactly the opposite.

It's like putting a powerful engine in a shitty car and then wondering why a less powerful engine in a car with better tires and suspension does better than yours.

Sony should have doubled down on the RAM. 512 not shared, or better 1GB shared, would have been a much more interesting system at this point. It's still hard to believe that they didn't immediately change to a shared RAM setup when they saw the 360 had that. Someone internally had to see the consequences of letting the 360 ship with 512mb (effectively) while you are only shipping with 256. I recall MS making the decision to move up to 512 being big news so maybe Sony was already past the point of no return and couldn't?

Sony just seems to have done as much wrong as possible with this console and even after launch seem oblivious to how important using PSN to offer content to consumers is. I hate that online system. I don't think I've spent more than a couple dollars there because it's so unpleasant to explore.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 8, 2012, 12:09 Tumbler

I'd love to see Netflix get into the content creation business. I think that is the safest way forward for them. Pick up a few new shows here and there and find one that sticks. Throw advertising into the video's if necessary or whatever is necessary to make it work. Maybe Netflix plus for $10 a month instead of $8. Or maybe just move everyone up to $10 a month, that seems more consistent.

They need their own content, they already have the distribution network (a channel everyone at home can tune into). If they had their own exclusive shows like HBO they'd be a major driving force in the entertainment industry.

I've been introduced to more TV shows via netflix over the past few years than I have via traditional cable. Breaking Bad, Spartacus, Blue Moutain State, Sons of Anarchy, Weeds, Dexter. All of these shows become known to me because I could watch them on netflix. i knew they were out there and people liked them but I wasn't about to go give my cable company money to try those shows. It's just a better way to find potential viewers than getting your show on a cable network. They can talor each person's experience so the show creators can say "We want to get our show in front of people who like dexter and weeds (for example). No problem, we track all that info, your show will appear on the recommended list of all those users.

Cable companies can't do that. The best they can do is run ads during commercials on these others shows or on the guide menu and that is pathetic compared to that customized list you see on netflix.

Netflix needs it's own content studios. I hope they are investing heavily in that sort of thing right now.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 8, 2012, 12:02 Tumbler

I think you read that wrong, the 360 is technically the lower powered machine. But PS3 owners have seen this enough that this isn't a surprise and should be assumed. Skyrim for example was a fucking mess on PS3 but the 360 and pc versions worked very well*.

(*still plenty of bugs!)

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
18. Re: Clunky... Mar 7, 2012, 16:31 Tumbler

I made it a month and a half, but have slowly stopped playing. The game feels really "clunky" to me, the interface, animations, and combat doesn't seem nearly as smooth as other MMO's, and it's evident every minute that I'm playing it. Little things are also frustrating, like the fact that despite having a great PC and running the game on max settings, grass still literally "grows" in the distance as I'm running towards it. Seriously? The fact that the graphics seem 7 years outdated doesn't help either.

This is my experience as well. The Melee characters make the laggy combat really obvious. I played a sniper the first time through, took me a month and a half, and I rarely saw it. When I tried creating a 2nd toon, republic Jedi Knight, the lag became much more noticeable as you're slashing away right there and guys will sometimes die at the correct time and other times it will be totally off.

The gameplay experience also feels unsatisfying as a melee character. The game works in my head when I'm a guy shooting but once you're throwing that light saber around it really breaks the immersion.

I wish there was a way to put the account on hold because I feel like I've been burned on a month of time at this point. (I used a 60 day time card)

I don't regret buying it, the first month is fun, but I think they need to finish the game before I'll pay them. I'd like them to make it possible to play by yourself at the end game just like you did from beginning to end. I have 6 companions in the end, why can I take them all into an operation or at least take 3 of them into a flashpoint and do those by myself?

Maybe grouping tools will help this not be an issue in the future but it's disappointing that I still have no easy way to go play through content in the game that is technically available to me right now.

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
27. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 13:38 Tumbler

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters -- In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war.

You can still have infantry only sections of a map where people who want that COD experience can fight in close quarters while another battle with all the elements of Battlefield is going on.

Like a shopping mall where the inside is basically infantry only and the outside all around the mall is full on balls to the wall combat with tanks, jeeps, jets, helo's. If you wanna be a little bitch and go play in the fountains and shit go for it but we'll be tearing shit up in the parking lot.

I hate all the maps where they were obviously trying to give it the COD treatment. They are horrid maps. Metro...my fucking god how did someone not pull that fucking disaster of a map on the drawing board?

This game would be so much better if they'd quit trying to change the core experience. It's a battlefield. Anything Goes. This is not some random corner of a building with a dozen guys having a gunfight. We want the whole goddamn building and 64 people and 6 blocks around as well and we want to bomb the shit out of people and fly around in a whirly death machine spitting cannon rounds at the poor bastards running around on the ground.

Man the FUCK UP you bitches. (DICE)

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer
35. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Mar 6, 2012, 20:57 Tumbler

If you want a real authentic feeling remake then check out http://www.xenonauts.com . It is still in alpha and they are going to do a Kickstarter for more funding.

That link above just popped up a google warning and stopped me from visiting the site because it's been known to load malicious software...

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup
72. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 6, 2012, 20:50 Tumbler

But I thought according to some EA fans, origin was supposedly just as good as steam?

It is! When steam was launched these same issues were a problem when people bought HL2. It was quite the scandal. I was extremely upset that my store bought copy of HL2 wouldn't work until it was unlocked on steam. Same deal here. Of course EA has had years to watch and the technology available to them should be way ahead of what valve had back in the day...but they're EA. They probably bought used copies of DRM off ebay and paid somebody minimum wage to setup a "server".

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup
58. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 6, 2012, 15:59 Tumbler

At the end of ME2 you're like "The Reapers are still coming, we only slowed them down yet again, and we still have no clue how to stop them.

I took the ending that kept the Collectors base intact so I'm really confused how I went from doing that to being a insubordinate officer that should be in prison and Earth has no defenses still? Maybe that base went 100% to Cereberus and they didn't share anything with the earth government? ...why wouldn't I continue to work with Cereberus if they're the ones holding the tech that can make a difference?

6051 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo