Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6115 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
139. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 21, 2012, 14:56 Tumbler

You know I was half enjoying myself in the game, I had some minor gripes but the game was fun. Not fun enough to pay $60 for but whatever.

But then, without warning, Game Terminated.

Go fuck yourself blizzard. Apparently the server died or something because I was rudely stopped from playing and all I can feel at this point is contempt. Take this stinking piece of shit and get out of my sight.

Uninstalled, I say good day.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

67. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 16:44 Tumbler

Still not working. Remember when game demo's just worked after you downloaded them? Sure am glad we're always online now. This is much better.

Going to go play Wargame: European A...something. Tanks blow shit up. Wargame: European Escalation. I wish that had more air power...expansion hopefully!

57. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:38 Tumbler

Error 75...battle.net is unavailable, try again later.

Seems like that is not what you want people to see from an online only game.

30. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 13:22 Tumbler

listen & read all quest and flavour text

Everything isn't voiced? Can you go into more detail on what you have to read? I despise that fluff text that they throw up on simple quests as if we're here to read a novel.

So many MMO's do this and I don't get it. Keep it short and sweet. 3-4 lines to explain what is needed and voice the rest.

This is one of the things SWTOR did right, getting missions was pretty entertaining...sadly they forgot to spend any time on the actual missions...feels so stupid to spend all that time on a mission briefing then it's just a fetch quest.

Why not split that effort so you had shorter briefings and better mission content?

I think swtor would have been a much better game if they'd stopped making the content (storylines) at level 30 and went back and improved those missions up to that point. In the IA storyline there was an event that happened around 30 that I felt was a good place to conclude the story and then it dragged on for 20 more levels. Would have been a better game with higher quality content but less missions/planets.

15. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 Tumbler

Yeah I think so, beta starts at Noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern. 3.5 hours to go still.

It downloaded really fast...I'm expecting this to be a very short demo.

2. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 09:25 Tumbler

Nice, downloading. I'm curious what all the fuss is about.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
51. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 15:43 Tumbler

Got a corruption error on pack0.dzip when installing the patch downloaded via the launcher. Lots of others having same issue.

Redownloading part 1 and 2 from http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual/ solves the issue.

Oh my, thank god. Didn't want to have to reinstall the game and then re download all of that again!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2012, 15:38 Tumbler

LOL at the Xbox Live monetization. I'm letting my gold account lapse in a few months. Nearly the only thing i use my xbox for regarding live is watching movies on netflix. I've started using HBOGO recently but I'm not feeling like that is a reason to continue paying for it. I don't play anything on a regular basis online, and I can watching netflix on my ps3. I think I can watch HBOGO on my pc as well, never tried it. Was nice to be able to watch Game of Thrones last night in "HD" at 6pm pacific...that is something I guess. Assuming I can get that elsewhere I think my days of paying MS to have a gold sub are over.  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2012, 13:26 Tumbler

All I can know for certain is that my personal spending habits on AAA titles has dropped off a cliff. This is partly due to the CF that is ME3, the ever expanding nonsense with DLC (console DRM), the lack of cash back coupons through amazon, $20 used to be common, not it seems to be $10. Smaller titles are starting to come out for much less money as well, Legend of Grimrock for example.

I've already decided I'll just wait for used copies of newer AAA games to show up rather than buying them at launch. Canceled my Pre-order for BL2, passed on the prepurchase offer for GW2. $60 is so rarely worth it and the only titles I find myself content with are titles I buy well after launch when reality has taken over the hype.

And Kickstarter. It's really nice to spend money and feel you're going to get something "worth it" in the end. Even if the only things I end up with are T-shirts and poster and misc other crap I think I'll be happier than I am with most AAA titles in stores for $60.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2012, 13:32.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Announced
5. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 10:17 Tumbler

Oh how exciting. Crysis in New York. How do they come up with these amazing ideas.  

News Comments > NPD Reports March Decline
5. Re: NPD Reports March Decline Apr 13, 2012, 12:23 Tumbler

Looking at the games on that list I'm not surprised. The industry is pumping out too much shit. Even if they were all great games and half of them were new IP's they'd still be overpriced at $60. When most of the games are just recycled crap that makes them even more ridiculous at $60.

I bought Legend of Grimlock for $12 and I'm pleasantly surprised by that game. I'm pouring insane (for me!) amounts of money into kickstarter projects.

I think I'm going to cancel my borderlands 2 pre-orders...too much to play to waste money buying AAA games at launch.

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts
15. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:08 Tumbler

I'll give them credit for this, they're trying to work with players. I wouldn't think about coming back without a free trial and now they'll let me play till the 19th for free now.

It's a shame this doesn't include more match finding improvements though because they only thing I'd want to do is play pvp for a bit. The operations and flash points are still too difficult to get games going. (unless I missed some improvement?)

And I liked doing space missions while I was leveling my characters and was hoping at 50 they'd make all the missions have some reward that you could do once a day. Last time I was in there was only 1 mission that earned you that daily commendation thing.

I don't see fixes for ilum...so no point in doing that. What good is the legacy system when everything you do with the characters is still the same as it was?

*Watching trailer* There are a few other new features, ui can be moved around, appearance can be changed a bit (colors?), some other misc stuff.

Once they add all the operations and flashpoints to that little button you use for pvp I'll be back. I have no interest in spending my time trying to form groups to run those missions. (which seem to be the primary thing you do at 50?)

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
52. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 15:55 Tumbler

Looking at this I just assumed it was some sort of new 40k game made by EA. Bizarre that they'd copy the tanks so perfectly. The c&c tank even has the twin weapons on the left with a larger battle cannon on the right. Main turret is obviously the same. Even the sponsons are positioned at the rear.

There is a difference in the sponsons though, the 40k tank has guns coming out of the sides of the sponson (below the turret) and the c&c one doesn't. Beyond that it's basically an exact copy.

The ork one is even worse, take note below the turret there is a weird little flexible tube thing on the ork vehicle and the c&c one has that same exact tubing in the same place.

I really wonder if there isn't a partnership between GW and EA that just isn't announced yet because it's clear they're trying to make these vehicles look exactly like the 40k ones. (Epic 40k to be technical)

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
37. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 16:42 Tumbler

Despite Amazon being on the list, it appears that pre-ordering from Amazon will not grant you access into the beta, and you will only get a one-day head start.

I saw the words "Pre-PURCHASE" and I got suspicious. Guess I'll be passing on this or finding someway to try it safely around launch.

I'm chuckling because I'm giving away way more money than this on Kickstarter lately. Just got to confirm all the details of my Shwag from Double Fine! But Guild Wars 2....ppppphuck that. Not one god damn penny till you earn it bitches. Show me the game or you get zip.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
80. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 14:20 Tumbler

The game wasn't competitive at $60. It had some interesting ideas but just wasn't a well rounded experience that was worth that price. I'm guessing on the consoles the used game sales went nuts shortly after the game shipped. I trade my 360 copy out very quickly same as I did with Homefront.

I assume that both homefront and Bulletstorm had little or no used game sales on the PC (due to DRM) so after the gig was up and gamers knew what the game was really worth the $60 price point pushed a lot of people away from buying the game legally.

I would love to see PC pirates avoid games like this altogether, don't pirate, don't play, completely ignore it, because when you pirate something you're basically telling them, "I want to play your game, you just need to put more security up around it because I was able to play it for free".

But if they did this you'd just see the same level of anger directed at legit customers, used game buyers and sellers seem to be the pc pirate equivalents. It's a mad world.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2012, 14:03 Tumbler

IGN...hmmm...*Inhales*

Clicks IGN, lets page load briefly, sees 8.5, closes page.

*Exhales* ok, I got the score. Now lets update this headline so no one else has to take that chance.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 9, 2012, 23:17 Tumbler

It's only an ugly truth so long as consumers permit it. Did they ever consider they're losing sales because of those shenanigans? That's right, I'm calling shenanigans!

The DLC mess on consoles is becoming similar to the DRM mess on the pc. Instead of looking forward to a game and what it will offer you have to first look at how they're going to rip you off.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 9, 2012, 18:22 Tumbler

Meh, show me something to play on it. I was foolish to buy the wii when there wasn't something I HAD to play on it.

Kept figuring that they'd somehow manage to make something I wanted. Lightsaber combat game!? WHERE THE FUCK IS MY LIGHT SABER GAME!!!

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
4. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 5, 2012, 21:01 Tumbler

If you don't have a GOG account this as good a time as any to make one. Just logged in and "purchased" this game to add it to my little shelf. Already own Fallout and Fallout 2 on Steam...I think I own tactics as well?

There are patches to fix color issues and fix the screen res so you can play it on widescreen monitors in high res.

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
51. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 13:47 Tumbler

*rolls eyes*

I have a feeling we're just going to get a collection of clips that feel more rushed and careless than the ending itself.

They had their chance to do the right thing and they ignored it.

6115 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo