Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6186 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers Jun 12, 2012, 22:21 Tumbler

Hmm, let's see if my guy is eligible? Just gotta find that keyfob, ok found it. Logging in, and, no eligible characters. Hunh, I guess the server I was on is in ok shape? ...checking server status....dark reaper, light. Hunh...shouldn't that be a transfer eligible server?

Wait what is this:

Your account...

...must have an active subscription or game time remaining.
...must not be banned.

...I see. So I have to pay to use your "free" transfers and by the looks of it a transfer for me would not be free either. You guys are so awesome bioware. Keep it up.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 20:55 Tumbler

Checking old emails, the $10 off pre order was for owners of trinity or diplomacy. No offer was made to owners of sins and entrenchment. (I believe) I have no emails regarding beta access being attached to anything besides preorders of rebellion. (pre purchases I assume, big difference) Doesn't seem like there was any offers made to the folks that bought the main game ages ago.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 17:09 Tumbler

Seems odd they didn't reach out to Sins owners and there is no demo. $40 is asking a lot in my opinion and I'm more comfortable waiting at this point.

I'll go watch some Let's Play video's and see if I can't "try" the game that way.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2012, 12:56 Tumbler

Psh, $300? Maybe with some amazing games we've not seen yet they might get that price but right now $200 is asking a lot. I don't see much on the system that makes me care right now.

You better start investing in games.

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
26. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 11, 2012, 23:04 Tumbler

I feel like Blizzard is doing gamers a huge favor here. We could have slowly adjusted to the idea that always online gaming sucked over a decade or so but when you go and slap it onto a game like this that "everyone" plays then I think you just accelerate the process and now consumers will crucify the next company that comes up and says "Always Online!"  

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
6. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Jun 11, 2012, 17:00 Tumbler

Fix the "offline Mode". It's not working.  

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
18. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 12:47 Tumbler

When are they going to add an offline mode? Can we just get an offline mode that lets you start at whatever difficulty you want, gives you gear appropriate for that level and then gives you decent drops so you can just enjoy the game? No login abilities on these characters, you're on your own for good.

Then you can go fuck with all this online bullshit to your hearts content. I despise authenticators. Tried using one for SWTOR and found it extremely annoying.

News Comments > 38 Studios Bankrupt; FBI Investigating
14. Re: 38 Studios Bankrupt; FBI Investigating Jun 7, 2012, 15:10 Tumbler

They don't have details on the nature of the inquiries, saying simply that Rhode Island State Police superintendent Col. Steven G. O'Donnell says that his agency, the FBI, the U.S. Attorney's office, and the Rhode Island attorney general "are working together to investigate activities that have recently come to light at 38 Studios.

I find it hard to believe this studio did anything that warrants this type of investigation. But I guess we'll see soon enough. By day they were appeared to be a normal video game company, but deep in the bowels of the building they were using a recovering drug addict and high school chemistry teacher to create and sell deadly drugs. They even wrote and produced a hit TV show based on this brazen criminal activity! Breaking Bad premiers in July! (That would be some awesome viral marketing)

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 6, 2012, 12:38 Tumbler

Anyone else feel like "Gaming" has crossed a line into stupidity with this E3? (I don't mean Kinect/Motion/Wii U) I was still into a lot of what I saw last year but since then the road has seemed pretty rough (3DS, Vita, DRM escalating, DLC crap) and after watching bits and pieces of the MS and EA press conferences I just read highlights of Ubi's and didn't even both with Nintendo's. At this point is feels like the industry (AAA gaming industry and uses EA to present big titles) is turning into a used car salesman. All these games seem all too familiar. It's like no one thinks they have to try anything new and we'll just line up to buy copies of older games with a new coat of polish.

Thank God for Kickstarter and Indies. I'm far more satisfied with spending money in that area than I am with AAA gaming currently.

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Trailers
10. Re: Star Wars 1313 Trailers Jun 5, 2012, 12:24 Tumbler

Hey guys, Star Wars is so awesome we can just take other games and slap star wars skins on them and people will love it! We made an MMO, people loved it! We made a God of War game, people loved it! Now lets make an uncharted game and call it star wars! People will love it because it's star wars! Everyone Loves Star Wars!  

News Comments > WatchDogs Announced
16. Re: WatchDogs Announced Jun 5, 2012, 12:12 Tumbler

I'm not on board the hype train for this game. Graphics look impressive but the game seemed like it's just a heavily scripted story to walk through (more or less). I don't see what all the fuss is about. I can't be the only one that is looking for fun games as opposed to pretty ones...right?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 22:48 Tumbler

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 18:48:
Oh! Only $49.99? Wow they might as well be giving this shit away for free! AWSUMM!!!

It's $75 worth of DLC for the low low price of $49.99! Look how much money you're saving!!! (Strike At Karkland is included in that $75 figure)

News Comments > Dead Space 3 in February 2013
3. Re: Dead Space 3 in February 2013 Jun 4, 2012, 17:23 Tumbler

Seemed like this game is going action action action. I never liked the rivet gun because it was like having an assault rifle and that seems to be the kind of gameplay they want now. Someone on reddit called it Gears of Space and that seems accurate.

It looked very pretty, I'll likely enjoy it, but I miss Dead Space.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month Jun 4, 2012, 17:21 Tumbler

Meh, it will be nice to be able to login and see things at least. Would be nice if they allowed people with lvl 50 characters to still login and play but not earn anything like valor or daily commendations.

I think my jedi is still under lvl 15, I guess I can boot it up and try and once 1.3 arrives.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 2, 2012, 13:54 Tumbler

For gamers the E3 is about as relevant as a 11th toe.. notice how the things that are *really* Interesting (News/Game Trailers/Announces) always come out a ways before or after the E3? That's because nobody sane wants to be drowned out by the PR FUD SPAM that always follows this corporation-only expo nowadays.

I think E3's very relevant today. Without this event most of these announcements would not be timed to give us this massive blowout of new stuff and the extra effort that goes into some of these things to get people interested.

I don't think attending the event is all that interesting anymore because the info comes out so insanely fast. It's not like in the past where you only get to read about it a month later or so. We're usually seeing the Keynote's live and the only thing you end up missing is behind closed door presentations which are generally something that they are not ready to show the public anyway.

The quality of video and gameplay they put out now is enough that I don't feel all that jealous of people who get to play the game at the event. The wait times and nonsense one has to put up with make the whole experience sound ridiculous.

I love all the news and trailers/gameplay clips we get because of E3. I can live with all the bullshit that goes along with it as long as I get to see the actual games as well. (gameplay clips, long, in HD, with someone talking to me just like they would someone who is going to write about it on a website.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 2, 2012, 12:21 Tumbler

Picked up Wing Commander 3, I don't think the voice packs and other expansions are part of the WC 1+2 package? Would rather just have the whole thing so I'll look for them to update that at some point.  

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
4. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 10:19 Tumbler

Maybe this will surprise us like prey 2 did...hahah haahhaha...ah no.  

News Comments > Activision and Infinity Ward Settle
12. Re: Activision and Infinity Ward Settle Jun 1, 2012, 00:19 Tumbler

It will be interesting to see what happens internally at Activision. The bits and pieces we're hearing have not made the CEO of Activision look like the professional you want running that company. The countersuit they tossed at EA claiming money lost from the loss of Infinity Ward staff was basically them saying how much money they lost by making this change. Add that to the settlement and something is going to happen internally.

I'm guessing stock holders are not going to turn a blind eye to this stupidity. Ah man, was worth a try, I mean we almost screwed those guys and got to keep all this money right? And now we don't have a talented studio in IW anymore...so that kind of sucks....but this is how you get shit down. This is video games. Let's go try and fire those lazy fucks at blizzard now!

I'm hoping we'll see Kotick step down at very least if not be publically "forced to resign". Hopefully the stock price will get hammered in the process. They might have another year still until the shit hits he fan because there doesn't seem to much to compete with against Blops 2 but come 2013 I don't think they're looking good. Respawn will hopefully have something by that time and who knows maybe medal of honor will finally find it's feet.

I guess we'll see what everyone has planned at E3.

News Comments > Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3
2. Re: Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3 Jun 1, 2012, 00:09 Tumbler

What the hell, the government there sticks up for the people!? Why can't that happen here!?  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 16:38 Tumbler

Dev wrote on May 31, 2012, 02:54:
The kills were a big part of the game series though, thats what save is for I actually disliked some adventure games habits that came out later and had ZERO deaths, basically held your hand.

The constant deaths are growing on me, they're definitely meant to be part of the experience. The seat belt thing had me laughing. HAahha, fool, you forget your seat belt, bet you thought you finally passed that area!!! Hahahah!

If they'd put in a less tedious save/load system I think it'd be fine. Is there a quick save? I'm not sure if that is even a good idea because it seems like you can miss stuff and with only one save you might be sol. Annoys the crap out of me to have to type something every time I want to save. Just give me a default name at least and bump it up each time I want to save.

6186 Comments. 310 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo