Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6061 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near
73. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 19:51 Tumbler

If payment is the issue you can always have a friend donate for you. the game is drm free so your friend can just transfer you a copy.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near
19. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 12:01 Tumbler

Easiest $15 I ever spent.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 15, 2012, 21:52 Tumbler

Ill have to pick up the complete version that showed up recently. Sounds like this is worth a second shot.  

News Comments > Indie Royale St. Patrick's Day Bundle
1. Re: Indie Royale St. Patrick's Day Bundle Mar 15, 2012, 17:48 Tumbler

Rabble Rabbble Rabble

Steam GAMES!!!

Rabble rabble, BUY STEAM GAMES!!!!

$5.25 for Hard Reset? Ok, Sold.

Swweeet sweeet game code keys, so delicious adding games to my steam list...ahhhh that is good.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2012, 16:28 Tumbler

This is a wholely seperate thing from Day 1 DLC. DLC is by its very nature developed outside of the core game.

There is nothing that requires it be developed outside the core game. In fact it's almost impossible to make something that works smoothly without planning on that from the beginning and building it at the same time as the core game.

I'd love to have DLC created exclusively after the core game but the nature of the beast is that companies will simply review the core game and break off chunks at the end of development and come up with some story about how they just compeleted work on this new content.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a smoke screen and everything that comes out later was built during normal development. The people behind the scenes are furiously working on the next game while new content ships for the first game and they slap a sticker on it that says "new". (DLC) Especially on projects that have lots of voice work and contain a lot of assets...it's really hard to believe the industry when they tell us all this was something we made after the core game, we're just trying to make money!

Yeah...funny how it all ties into the core game a little too well and in fact someone who plays the entire project later might never know this was released well after the core game...weird.

I think Dragon Age Origins is a good example...that had a lot of DLC and the only thing that felt like it was designed after the core product was awakenings. (never played it) I picked up the GOTY edition and the whole thing fits together too well to believe the industry line, "This is additional content! We made extra!"

Extra my ass. You made this during the normal development cycle and released it after the core product. Maybe it needed a 1 turned into a 0 on some lines of code to activate it but there is no way most of this stuff is built after the core game ships. You can separate it and retitle it all you want but it's obvious this is one homogenous product.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2012, 13:40 Tumbler

You get more longevity out of the game with that carrot on that stick. That keeps the game lifespan longer. Does that lead to more sales and revenues than buying pink camo for your gun? Man, I wish I was the guy at Epic actually playing with those numbers. If it's at all close the tie should go to the carrot.

I think Dance Central did this right. If you bought Dance Central 2 and you had purchased dance central 1 (and redeemed the online code) then you got to import all that DLC (songs) into the new game. I think this is a fantastic use of Locked content. Gears 3 can ship with all kinds of locked stuff and if you owned Gears 2 then a lot of it would unlock. The already do this as cross promotions with other games but I rarely see companies try and offer something to long term fans like this. They always expect you to rebuy the same crap. This is MW2, you gotta buy the new maps. Give everyone access to the original maps too if they redeemed an online code. Just ship extra discs with locked content.

Gamers are just too willing to spend money on whatever these guys throw out. I hope we've hit a tipping point but I feel like that would be wishful thinking. HOW DARE YOU SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THAT COMPANY!!! THEY MADE THE GAME I LOVE SO YOU'RE JUST A CHEAP ASSHOLE PIRATE USED GAME BUYER YOU SCUMBAG!

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2012, 13:00 Tumbler

Meh. I'm not going to buy Street Fighter X Tekken, am trying to trade for it. Can't say I care all that much but all this stuff was simply unlock content in previous years.

You're not adding more to your games, you're using the DLC system to sell people games that are partially locked and then asking them to pay extra to play everything.

$60 is enough to get everything. If you want $60 for your game you shouldn't complain about people being pissed. You're a shitty publisher if you do this. If that content needs to be charged extra for then sell your game for $50 and say the rest of the content is optional.

Day One DLC / Locked content is just bad business. It's looking short term when all these companies consider their franchises valuable long term investments.

News Comments > More Diablo III Class Skills
31. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 17:40 Tumbler

Oooo Diablo III news? One second...*leaves Room for a moment*

Ok Let's Do this.

Popcorn

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 17:37 Tumbler

Play right up until you reach the final discussion with the Illusive Man in control chamber in the Citadel. Quit the game, and play this video.

I was planning on ending my game at this moment and just starting a new character...nice to see an ending I can put on that game!

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
3. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 14, 2012, 15:09 Tumbler

Media Blackout mode engaged. I shall play this game "blind".  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 13:59 Tumbler

I think Jeff Gerstman's comment on endings in Mass Effect 3 last night (Bombcast) was hilarious. And perfect.

In short someone said they could change the ending to Shepard Shitting in his hand, then flinging it at the camera. To which point Jeff responded, "It would be more Honest."

I lost it when I was listening to this. (approx 9:48, start from the beginning if you want full context)

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking
19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:10 Tumbler

With the amount of vitriol related to this game hopefully it'll give Bioware pause to think about their actions and get back to being a good company.

I wonder if the delay past the Holiday 2011 season was their "adjustment" based on the vitriol of the Dragon Age 2 launch?

Meh, I blame Swtor. I think that the studio bit off more than they could chew with that game and with it snowballing into an apparent disaster (it actually turned out pretty ok...) they just pulled resources from ME3 to compensate and get it ready for launch.

Might have even affected DA2 but that seems unlikely, I think the development time for that was too short and we probably got the best they could do with that time.

Do you want to be responsible for a terrible Star Wars MMO or a terrible Mass Effect 3. Maybe they just chose the lesser of 2 evils...

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
42. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 13, 2012, 16:28 Tumbler

I watched that final part 5 update from Double Fine, LOL. 3 million is close enough for me! Upgraded my contribution to $100. I can't wait for my T-Shirt!!!

Also dropped $15 on Wasteland 2!!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 13, 2012, 16:24 Tumbler

I look forward to a free trial when you've added a ton more content!

I have a few days left on my account, 7 I think, and I just don't see any point in logging in. I started a new toon on a different server but I think I hit lvl 20 or so and I don't have the patience to "play" the game anymore.

The flashpoints might be fun but without a group finding tool to make getting into those missions as easy as getting into pvp it's not worth my time. I enjoyed the SP experience the first time through, felt good to hit 50.

I think they need to build more content that is accessible with multiple companions. You have 6 by the end and you can only use one at a time. It'd be really cool to be able to use all 6 on a flashpoint or an operation.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
40. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:49 Tumbler

Crysis was spectacular when it was announced and when it shipped. (graphically) Since then you have not been spectacular.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 11, 2012, 18:59 Tumbler

Disk Locked content could combat Used game sales...if you offered it to new game buyers free of charge...You slowly add content like that to new games via those online pass codes. Instead of selling those online passes for used game buyers you sell the dlc as individual stuff that is expensive. The online pass codes would be more like season passes and they would be exclusive to new game purchase.

This basically drops the price you can get for used games as the new games "increase" in value because of extra content.

No one does this though, because you make more money charging the new game buyers for DLC because they're likely the only ones willing to pay the outrageous prices you want.

DLC is all about exploiting your paying customers. Those are your cash cow. They're the one who dropped $60 to own your game and they'll be the first ones to drop $10 for some costumes locked on your disc.

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
7. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 9, 2012, 21:43 Tumbler

This game seems to be snow balling...still...it's Blizzard. As screwed up as things seem to be they'll probably come out smelling like rainbows and lollipops and the game will be amazing. (for people who like their games)  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
25. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 15:17 Tumbler

Hmm, open beta is available, guess I'll give this a shot. 2.4gb download from installer. I'm curious if this supports a controller or if I have to use a mouse and keyboard. Would be awesome if I could play this via controller.  

News Comments > New Wasteland Will Be DRM-Free
14. Re: New Wasteland Will Be DRM-Free Mar 9, 2012, 13:40 Tumbler

Why haven't you taken my money yet!?  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 13:09 Tumbler

Tumbler will commit suicide if this is true.

Heh, actually I'm good either way. I love a good train wreck and that is exactly what MS and Sony would have if they shipped an all digital console. At that point Steam would obliterate them. If I'm going to be locked to an online digital distribution system I'm sure as hell not picking Xbox Live or PSN. LOL, my god, can you imagine. Those services are necessary evils to an otherwise good gaming platform. PSN may be free but buying games on that service makes no sense to me. The less time I have to be on that system the better. And Live? I could burn my money and get more entertainment per dollar spent. (aka they're a rip off on game purchases)

6061 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo