Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6169 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision and Infinity Ward Settle
12. Re: Activision and Infinity Ward Settle Jun 1, 2012, 00:19 Tumbler

It will be interesting to see what happens internally at Activision. The bits and pieces we're hearing have not made the CEO of Activision look like the professional you want running that company. The countersuit they tossed at EA claiming money lost from the loss of Infinity Ward staff was basically them saying how much money they lost by making this change. Add that to the settlement and something is going to happen internally.

I'm guessing stock holders are not going to turn a blind eye to this stupidity. Ah man, was worth a try, I mean we almost screwed those guys and got to keep all this money right? And now we don't have a talented studio in IW anymore...so that kind of sucks....but this is how you get shit down. This is video games. Let's go try and fire those lazy fucks at blizzard now!

I'm hoping we'll see Kotick step down at very least if not be publically "forced to resign". Hopefully the stock price will get hammered in the process. They might have another year still until the shit hits he fan because there doesn't seem to much to compete with against Blops 2 but come 2013 I don't think they're looking good. Respawn will hopefully have something by that time and who knows maybe medal of honor will finally find it's feet.

I guess we'll see what everyone has planned at E3.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3
2. Re: Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3 Jun 1, 2012, 00:09 Tumbler

What the hell, the government there sticks up for the people!? Why can't that happen here!?  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 16:38 Tumbler

Dev wrote on May 31, 2012, 02:54:
The kills were a big part of the game series though, thats what save is for I actually disliked some adventure games habits that came out later and had ZERO deaths, basically held your hand.

The constant deaths are growing on me, they're definitely meant to be part of the experience. The seat belt thing had me laughing. HAahha, fool, you forget your seat belt, bet you thought you finally passed that area!!! Hahahah!

If they'd put in a less tedious save/load system I think it'd be fine. Is there a quick save? I'm not sure if that is even a good idea because it seems like you can miss stuff and with only one save you might be sol. Annoys the crap out of me to have to type something every time I want to save. Just give me a default name at least and bump it up each time I want to save.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 00:52 Tumbler

If you're not a fan of adventure games the Sierra ones are going to be a real chore. There are so many cheap kills. The Lucasarts adventure games were less annoying in this respect but it does provide some chuckles when you die on something silly or unexpected. I'll just walk over this way and EATEN BY WORM MONSTER! Game over! Restore?

I'd say skip it if you're not into adventure games already. I vaguely remember playing one of these games so I'm interested just to see what the story was all about. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm thinking I'll skip the EGA versions. (space quest 2 and 3)

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 30, 2012, 22:28 Tumbler

Space Quest Collection? Cha Ching! Now I have something to play while I wait for the kickstarter project!  

News Comments > CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced
23. Re: CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced May 30, 2012, 20:03 Tumbler

Nice! I love seeing more cyberpunk rpg games! Can't wait to see what they produce. As impressive as Witcher 2 is, fantasy games aren't my bag, I'm very excited to see them do sci-fi stuff.

More, show me MOAR!

News Comments > Bilson Out, Rubin In at THQ
2. Re: Bilson Out, Rubin In at THQ May 30, 2012, 13:28 Tumbler

An exciting change for the company. I wasn't the biggest fan of Naughty Dog's last game but it was a lot better than what the head of THQ wanted to do last year. (Udraw) THQ seems to have several potential big IP's on their hands and if they can promote the well and build them a bit better I can see them being very successful. (Darksiders, Metro, Space Marine, Saints Row, etc.)

It seems like the management with regard to these franchises was pushing them out too soon or just in the wrong direction. Space Marine seems like a good example, the MP in that just had Space Marines (and chaos which is just evil space marines). And tons of unlocks which just maybe the experience feel tedious because you had to sink tons of hours into it before you started seeing any diversity between players. Then they went and added dreadnaughts as DLC...who's fucking idea was that!? That was beyond stupid in my opinion. That MP game needed some updates bad and rather than improving it and offering it to people who bought the game at launch as a thank you...they wanted more money!? And good god that game was too long. Once you started seeing chaos enemies and demon's the game should have ended. Those guys should have come into the game much sooner and around that time the game needed to end.

Hopefully Rubin's leadership will be able to recognize these things in the future and say, "Ok guys, the game is long enough, stop working on these last 8 levels and focus on the MP. The SP experience doesn't need to be 4 hours too long with repetitive gameplay. Lets put a bow on that side and add more choices to the MP. This DLC, this is shipping with the full product because this isn't good enough to ship without it."

That is my hope anyway. Make better choices, make better games.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
53. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 17:48 Tumbler

Teehee, I'm so glad I got a copy of this game. Logged in earlier to see what happens when I clicked the RMAH button now. Was down at the time, just before 11am pst, meh, oh well.

Login in now, stuck at retrieving hero list. Tried 3 times? This really is better than I ever could have imagined.

I just love watching this whole experience. All the nonsense built around playing this simple little game and it's so screwed up you can't even play the game at times! Just seems insane to break this game so badly trying to shoe horn this auction house into the game.

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
37. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 17:08 Tumbler

I'm having a tough time booting this game up and playing. I beat it on normal and started through on hard but the loot drops have become extremely tedious. I feel like I have to sell everything and use the auction house to get loot for my wizard. It would be nice if the loot that dropped was at least geared for a wizard but it's all over the place. I was collecting it all and selling it but eventually I just started picking up the magic stuff and above. But even that is tedious because you get so much crap.

I miss my dog in torchlight...

The whole town portal, walk to merchant, right click right click right click. Am I missing something that makes this all easier?

News Comments > Two Guys From Andromeda Prototype 2
2. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda Prototype 2 May 25, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

Looking good! Very rough version, no sound, voices, etc, just basic art and movement. Text to read. Spot on what I was hoping for out of this. Once they voice it and add sound this should be awesome!  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
1. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 24, 2012, 21:11 Tumbler

No RMAH on 5/29!? It's not ready for prime time? Since when does that matter!? I paid for this ticket to he ring side when this disaster kicks off. Don't screw me over and fix it before launch! What am I supposed to do with all this popcorn if things go smoothly?!  

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale Underway
1. Re: Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale Underway May 24, 2012, 14:32 Tumbler

Oooh 75% off all the DLC too!

Now I can finally buy the missing civ's!

Babalon, Polynesia, Denmark, already have Inca / Spain, and ooo Korea and more wonders!

$5.59!

Be careful buying the GOTY edition, you get most of the DLC but Korea and wonders pack aren't listed. Hopefully that is a mistake?

Still a good price if you have to add that too, $1.87 combo price for korea and wonders by themselves, buy that with the goty version.

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
37. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:57 Tumbler

Logged in to check the auction house, auction house is down for maintanence...

Blizzard sure is comfortable with shutting down this game at all hours for any reason what so ever...Ever heard of midnight maintanence?

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
22. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:02 Tumbler

Hey Bobbi, think how much money you'd save if you fired the Heads of Blizzard! They've got to be earning 10's of millions so time to start discussing ways to get out of paying those salaries now, right?

Diablo 3 is fun. Going to go login and see if I won any auction house auctions. Looking forward to seeing the RMAH in action.

I'm expecting it to be a disaster and provide weeks of entertainment!

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 22, 2012, 12:55 Tumbler

"Msft [Microsoft] will go ballistic over this and the deal is seriously risked," he wrote. Griffith, former president of Activision Publishing, then calls up the pair to discuss a new strategy for the deal, and follows up, "They hung up on me," to which Kotick answers, "If they really did I would change their locks and lock them out of their building."

To me this underscores the need for unions in this industry. The Call of Duty Developers have got to be the most profitable, popular devs in the industry at this point (early stages of MW2 development) and yet Activision still wants to treat them like slave labor laying demands on them and then firing them if they don't obey.

You'd think a company making so much money off a studio like this would be content to let them work as they see fit as long as they meet the release date but this communication seems like they were trying to shove marketing priorities in front of everything else. Does anyone think for a second that MW2 would have been worse off without an E3 demo? It's kind of petty to be so worried about being in a MS e3 press conference when you fucking MODERN WARFARE 2. We need to make T-Shirts!!! Gamestop will give us $15 per shirt, stop everything you're doing and make t-shirts!!! You can finish the game later!!!! We gotta get that money!!! Ford wants to sponsor us, we need to redesign this level so the player is driving a Ford Truck instead of a Humvee, fucking do it you assholes! I'm the boss here!

Do any of the pc gamers who railed against Infinity Ward and West and Zamp feel any shame at this point? You're complaining that those two were in some sort of anti-PC conspiracy to screw up the MW2 PC version to mess with PC gamers and it's turning out that the heads of Activision were a bunch of fucking morons sticking their fingers in everything?

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
123. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 18:55 Tumbler

Uh oh...*logs in*

Everything is still there!

I wonder if this has anything to do with public games. I've never opened up my game to the public, was going to beat it on single player first then go try and play it on harder modes and open games to the public. I love the auction house, so much fun to be able to get much better loot that way. The crap you get from drops on your own is painfully underpowered by comparison. Once I geared my wizard in intelligence stat gear and started using sockets I became a one man wrecking ball. Shock pulse with exploding bolts and disentigrate and monsters...cept when they rush me with teleporting crab men or whatever those are in Act III. Those guys beat the the shit out of me. I melt everything else, but teleporting crab men feast on my bones.

News Comments > Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced
10. Re: Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced May 17, 2012, 12:17 Tumbler

Canceled my pre-order of this after ME3. Too many companies comfortable with dividing up a game and delivering an incomplete product for $60 only to offer the rest for a $5 - $10 more.

Feels extremely disrespectful to treat your launch day consumers like they're nothing special, get in line.

The people who buy your game at launch deserve a lot more respect from developers. Hopefully once enough start withholding their money they'll get the message.

Vote with your Wallet!

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
23. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 23:19 Tumbler

Heh, I had an hour to play Diablo 3 tonight while the wife is at the Gym. I think it worked for 20 min now I'm not able to login.

The game performance this evening is kind of hilarious. You can see how much of this game is online and when things aren't working well it's painful. The attack animations just stop working. I'm a wizard and at times the attacks will lag and I'm realizing that everytime I click attack it's asking the server if I'm allowed to shoot this fireball. When I get disconnected it stops working. There will be a time between disconnect and an error popping up where you can still move around but everything stops working. My little wizard will swing her sword but she can't shoot her arcane missile or use her laser beam.

The game tonight is behaving like it's a buggy mess. The game stutters often and rather than it feeling like lag the game feels like it's just poorly made. Earlier today when I was playing, around 1pm, it was great. Ran very well, being online was barely noticeable, until they turned the game off...but tonight it's pretty sad how much of the functions of the game depend on talking to the server. The glowing doorways between zones even stopped working. The map will show there should be a door you can enter but if you go over there you can't use them.

I'll be surprised if they don't add an offline mode similar to starcraft 2 at some point in the future because so much of this game requires communication with the home office that I am guessing it's taking immense amounts of bandwidth and power to keep everyone up and doesn't it become not cost effective to go to all this trouble at some point in the future?

Maybe this is just a paranoid crazy action to try and force people to pay to play for at least a month? Make the game unplayable without connecting to us and everyone will buy it! (side note, game will be unplayable for everyone from time to time but we're fighting piracy here! They'll understand!)

Protip: Get Diablo 3 for free and it's easy to just laugh at all of this! (trade ins)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
216. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:45 Tumbler

To anyone who hasn't bought it. DON'T. You won't be able to install the fucking thing, let alone try and play it.

You can download the full client online if this happens. I never used the dvd and that is hilarious if true... Check my previous posts for link.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
213. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:25 Tumbler

Prez wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:13:
The only reason we reached 200 posts is because the people who bought Diablo 3 have nothing better to do - they certainly can't log in and play!!

I kid, I kid.

LOL, well done.

6169 Comments. 309 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo