Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 5982 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
28. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 11:47 Tumbler

I don't actually agree with any of these. All these DLCs came out LONG after the main game, so in that case I think it's clear they were developed after the main game shipped. i have no problem with those, especially since I quite enjoyed all of these.

I don't know about Kasumi. I don't recall exactly when that one showed up but the length of it seemed to reek of something created during development and there was already a spot in the squad lineup for her... (least there was when i played the game)

I totally agree that the from Ashes DLC is almost identical to the Zaeed DLC that was included with a new purchase of mass effect 2. They are clearly taking that same content out completely this time and asking gamers to pay extra if they want it. Either extra via the CE or extra via a direct DLC purchase.

Based on what they did in Mass Effect 2 I guess we can expect there to be a 2nd squad mate the purchase in this way? I wouldn't mind either of these if they'd built them to be used on a 2nd play through. The whole "you can buy this to use on your first playthrough" really sucks.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
13. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 11:05 Tumbler

So annoying to have to worry about what else you need to buy to get the full product. The CE edition is at least "worth the money" now. I noticed it has art you can frame which perked my interest. So Assuming you are already going to spend $70 for the base game why not just spend $80 and at least have a few physical things to show for it...

Course you can't find the CE version anywhere...

And then I run into the question...is all this worth $70+. I was planning on buying the game new for $60...but now the price looks like $70. If I just wait a few weeks I can get it used for $1 then I can get the DLC for regular price and still feel like it's all worth it.

Maybe I'll rent it from Redbox or gamefly and just play what I can...

WTF Bioware, this was the one purchase I was sure about for the forseable future and you fucked it all up.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 in September
17. Re: Borderlands 2 in September Feb 22, 2012, 13:26 Tumbler

Loved the first one, ended up picking it up on steam sale for $7. (I think?) Put about 40 hours into it before being too bored to keep playing. Maybe I'll go back and finish it now.

I'm pre-ordering this on the pc to my own amazement. I had a lot of fun playing this on the pc with a gamepad. Please please please deliver that same type of cross over experience this time around. I want a console game that looks better running on my pc.

No FOV differences, no menu's having keyboard commands, just make it look prettier than my console but everything else is identical!

News Comments > Activision Denies Blacklisting
7. Re: Activision Denies Blacklisting Feb 21, 2012, 13:28 Tumbler

It's amazing this company can't just shut up. I would assume you'd hire halfway competent marketing people but I guess since you can sell a gazillion copies of this game no matter what it's just wasting money to hire people above the absolute minimum.

Here a suggestion. Stop Talking. Even if this guy is a total liar and you never even asked him to take the blog/article down you still come out looking worse just by opening your mouth.

If you'd hired competent people I'm guessing this whole issue would have ended up looking like this:

Amazon puts up Black Ops 2 listing. Internet notices. You contact amazon to take it down. You notice that some sights are reporting this. Release press release saying the next CoD is going to be black Ops 2, more info to follow, stay tuned to Blackops2.com for more info.

Oh and hey, you may want to have a game plan for putting up your first trailer on your website at a moments notice should that get leaked before your next big event. That is what I would plan on...but I'm sure you're already got that setup...right?

News Comments > Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games
30. Re: Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games Feb 20, 2012, 13:29 Tumbler

Well valve certainly owns my steam games. There is no question that my access to the game I've paid for on steam are not mine at all but belong to Valve and Steam. I have no ability to sell my steam library so I do not own them in any real sense. This is why I pay very little for most of my steam games. Regardless how much the game is worth the value I get from playing it through steam is on par with rental prices which to me are around $5.

There have been odd little comments about passing these accounts on to your children, like when you pass your stuff on to your children...what happens to these accounts?

Just understand what you're paying for. It's a rental. You're renting stuff from steam. It might be a very generous rental in your opinion but you have no rights. (at least nothing that has been upheld by the courts)

I think the courts should rule in the favor of consumers in these cases and force all these companies to allow these licenses to be retitled and transferred. Possibly at a cost to the consumer but there is no reason the consumers should not be granted ownership of these titles the way they are being marketed. The terms purchase, buy, and such which they freely use at the point of purchase should not be allowed if these companies are renting these titles. The reality that this is a rental is buried inside those eula's which is done deliberately because consumers are smart enough to know that you should be paying less for "rentals" than you do for ownership.

News Comments > President's Day Mobilization
3. Re: President's Day Mobilization Feb 20, 2012, 12:43 Tumbler

A decade of support for Vita...right...

A few things they can do to make the vita better. Put out memory cards for that game slot so someone can use 2 memory cards at the same time. Assuming someone wants to go 100% digital this would give them the most options possible.

Find a way for all those movie codes you get now, those digital copies, to be loaded on this device so you can watch them anywhere for the duration of that time.

If all the PSN titles worked on this thing that would probably be a huge selling point.

You might be able to survive without an App store where the public can easily make software to sell with you taking a commission....but...I don't see this as an option anymore. Nintendo has a better shot since it's software is much stronger but you still can't ignore the value you get on the ipad and others from those app stores having MILLIONS of choices and the variety that comes with so much competition.

Trying to say the few dozen games you have for $30-$40 offers similar value is a fantasy. The pricing makes this seem like you get a premium experience on the psv but I don't see it. It looks like an old media company trying to scam consumers out of their money.

I would expect piracy to go nuts on this system in record time if they don't alter what they are doing very soon.

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Hits $2M
7. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Hits $2M Feb 20, 2012, 12:30 Tumbler

I feel like donating more money at this point. I put in $15 but at this point I feel like I should go upgrade my donation to $30...

Done! You can easily adjust your donation and select the reward you want! I can't help but hope this is going to be something amazing so I am extremely tempted to upgrade to the point where you get a poster for framing. I'd love to slowly build a wall in my house I "helped" make ala the walls you see at game studios!

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Rumor
14. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 23:50 Tumbler

Uh...isn't Amazon the one who blew it here?

Good for Gameblog.fr for sticking with the story. I hate all the bullshit that erupts from publishers when something like this slips.

If activision had simply kept their mouth shut I'm sure this would have been a story that barely gets noticed. But now it's front page news on every site on the internet. Congratulations Activision! Now everyone knows that the next CoD will be Black Ops 2.

News Comments > Karateka Remake This Year
17. Re: Karateka Remake This Year Feb 18, 2012, 20:26 Tumbler

Hmm that is an odd choice... I would not choose to fund this one via kickstarter.

Hopefully it's good enough to change my mind when it's finished.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo for All
25. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo for All Feb 17, 2012, 12:39 Tumbler

XCOM - Enemy Unknown

I'll bet if someone did a kickstarter to remake a sci-fi strategy game "like" this (xcom - UFO defense)it'd go fucking nuts.

How can you even mention this game as something anyone is looking forward to. How about Prey 2?! You mention Xcom before Prey 2?!

You're gamer card is revoked!

*Edit: Wait a minute...there is an Xcom game coming from 2k/2k marin that looks crap tastic and there is another Xcom game being made by Firaxis(also published by 2k) that is a tactical strategy game like the first one!?

WTF. Well the firaxis one has screenshots that look way more exciting. It appears I'm not up to speed on my xcom games in development.

Link

Tumbler's Gamer Card is now on probation for 24 hours!

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2012, 12:50.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 17, 2012, 12:08 Tumbler

The biggest problem I see with the Vita ends up being the lack of memory on purchase. For $250 you get a system that can't "play" games. Forget all the other things stacked against this system, if you can't buy the system and a game and play it then you won't sell this system. (I don't believe you can save any progress without a memory card) (can you even update?)

Lets fast forward a few months when Sony drops the price and does something similar to the ambassador program and offers a bunch of free games when they drop the price to $199 and include the smallest memory card. (my prediction)

At that point they'll get hit square in the face with the price of games problem. The system is trying to give people to dual analogue stick experience which is going to work against it because that experience is available from other places (ps3/360) on many of the same games for less money. Many of the launch games are franchises people already know from the 360/ps3 and I don't see them lining up to buy these same games again to play them on the vita.

If this is your plan sony then you better start giving consumers a way to buy these at an inferior price the same way you're selling them an inferior version of a game for the ps3.

News Comments > Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"
11. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype" Feb 17, 2012, 11:16 Tumbler

These guys are running a humble bundle today. They have the weekend to build a game and they'll deliver it "finished" at the end of that time. Works the same as other bundles, you just pay what you want. Wasn't sure what to think until I read this:

Mojang is tackling a real-time strategy shoot 'em up with a steampunk ancient Egypt theme!

TAKE MY MONEY!!! ($5)

Link

Credit to Reddit/r/Gaming for bringing this to my attention!

As for Psychonauts 2 issue, Notch should put up what he's comfortable with, Kickstarter for the rest that is needed, if kickstarter doesn't fund what is necessary then the project is off.

Take my fucking money. ($15-$20 I'd be comfortable with)

News Comments > Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming
6. Re: Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming Feb 16, 2012, 20:42 Tumbler

Shut up and take my money!!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 14:44 Tumbler

It's a good thing then that the only thing Microsoft gives a shit about is how much money they make off those ads.

Creston

I would hope they're going to see a massive drop in ad revenue as users like myself avoid turning the stupid thing on.

I used to occasionally rent movies on the zune rental thing...not anymore. I'll work with Amazon thank you very much!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 13:17 Tumbler

360 Update? Does it remove this awful interface?!!! NOPE.

FUCK. What a miserable POS this new dashboard is. It's like they hired some kid straight out of college with a BA in advertising. (if that even exists) It's such an offensive system to look at. Sharply contrasting images that don't relate to stuff right beside it, different sized windows smashed together with the important info pushed into smaller spaces that are a pain to read.

Then you have that top bar and pushs tons of useless junk between the useful panels. They've somehow managed to bring all the frustration of watching live TV with commercials into this fucking interface. Doing anything and everything forces you to see a barrage of info that, to add insult to injury, isn't easily processed so it just ends up looking like noise.

I've given sony a lot of shit for their interface but my god, WTF was microsoft doing when they tested this internally? Why would you make the boxes different sizes like this. It's so uncomfortable to jump between them trying to find what you need. (with your eyes, lets not even talk about moving the "cursor" around)

News Comments > Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders
3. Re: Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders Feb 15, 2012, 21:56 Tumbler

Would rather they offer a discount for getting rid of bf3.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access
10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access Feb 14, 2012, 16:34 Tumbler

along with intense four player co-op multiplayer matches.

I haven't been following development of this too closely, the MP is co-op stuff? As in Horde mode?

I thought there would be a competitive multiplayer mode...*sniff* ...was even hoping that Bioware would pull an ubisoft montreal thing like in Assassin's Creed and think outside of the box and do something different and innovative...

Hmmm after watching the Youtube clip showing the co-op gameplay I'm feeling a little better...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3
38. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3 Feb 13, 2012, 15:01 Tumbler

This whole thing with the demo has me highly annoyed. I don't want to play it, I'd rather just play the game when it comes out. But the way it's being locked behind stupid hurdles makes me concerned about the game as a whole. (And how much bullshit they're going to try and pull)

I thought I'd pre-ordered it ages ago so I went to go cancel it and just wait it out on goozex.

Turns out I had spent a lot of credits on it so it's only costing me $15 to buy it...fine...I'll keep my order. (360)

But it feels dirty to support your bullshit.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Content Update
10. Re: Anno 2070 Content Update Feb 13, 2012, 14:52 Tumbler

Such an amazing series, I can lose myself for hours in 1701, love the two hour warning. It really is a shame, I was so looking forward to this futuristic spin.

This whole scenario where a developer makes something that looks cool but the publisher goes and fucks everything up by either splitting up content into dlc packs and so on or adds DRM that detracts from the value of the product is why seeing stuff on kickstarter makes me excited.

If the financials suck for continuing to do business under Ubi then I want to see the devs behind a product like this look into the option of jumping ship on Ubi en mass then starting a new studio with a kickstarter offering.

No idea how much this game cost to produce but it looks interesting but the Ubisoft additions make this a total joke. No way I'm paying to be tethered to ubisoft.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Feb 12, 2012, 19:56 Tumbler

I would love the opportunity to fund other projects like this double fine kickstarter. At the end of the day I'm much more excited to see a game build this way rather than under the constant pressure to suck dollars out of consumers that we see from publishers. That's been the comments from developers for a while now, all this DLC / DRM bullshit is being forced by publishers.

And how much of the advertising budget could you cut when you are funded like this? If you have a great game then tens of thousands of people are going to have copies and you've already paid for everything. If you make the game and it stinks the people on the back end are out $15 in most cases and you spent your budget. If the game is a success then you get to take almost all the profit for yourself as you have no back end publisher trying to earn their own profits.

Consider how much of a $60 game goes to middlemen and try and think of the real numbers a developer would need to distribute something digitally when the gaming community knows the devs past work.

Respawn could pull a ton of money assuming the entry price was $10-$20. Those are dollars I can afford to risk on a developer I've liked in the past.

5982 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo