Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6244 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer
1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 15:05 Tumbler

Looks worth a try...wonder how much....*checks amazon*...$59.99 for the pc version? Well I hope you're planning on offering discounts because that isn't going to work in my opinion.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 14:14 Tumbler

About time this thing ships...good lord how long has it been on the horizon. Feels like swtor, good it finally shipped, now we can all just move on.  

News Comments > Broken Sword Kickstarter
8. Re: Broken Sword Kickstarter Aug 23, 2012, 14:11 Tumbler

Hmmm, watches video. Sold. $15 level. I was hoping that the $25 level would include a poster or picture or something physical. It doesn't look like you get anything physical until the $100 level.

The reward stuff is kind of confusing. They start throwing in so many digital assets that trying to understand the difference between $25 and $50 is still unclear to me. I do see that you get one Gog Game for $25 and then all the gog games they have for $50.

The art style in this looks very cool. Happy to fund them.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
2. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 20:39 Tumbler

I played the new 1.04 patch for about 3 hours the other day. I played co-op for the first time which is a much better experience than playing sp. I was impressed that loot drops are unique for each client. No one was racing around picking anything up, everything on my screen was mine.

But after 3 hours I had found exactly ZERO items that I wanted to use. It was all trash expect for 3 items that I thought I should list on the auction house. The best thing I got was a legendary helm which had a +69 armor. It was a tiny bit better than the helm I was wearing in armor but with without an intelligence boost, a big one, it was a complete waste to use it.

That is what is wrong with this game. You get absolute shit for loot and you're supposed to just sell it all for gold then go but the best loot you can afford on the auction house.

That sucks. Give us some fucking loot worth using.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
78. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 13:49 Tumbler

On PC it's only around five to seven per cent of the players who pay for F2P, but normally on PC it's only about five to seven per cent who pay anyway, the rest is pirated. It's around a 93-95 per cent piracy rate, so it ends up at about the same percentage.

I'd like to know the stats from a variety of F2P games before I take him at his word. It's possible that only 5-7 people pay anything after 100 people play a F2P game. Trying to connect that to different products that people pirate is foolish. On one side you've got a game that is designed to limit the content you can see unless you pay the money, on the other side the content is fully available once you download it (piracy) so having an identical success rate is bizarre to say the least.

I'll take his statement with a grain of salt for now. I don't imagine that if we compared TF2, Lord of the Rings, World of Tanks, etc. that we would see 5-7% "attach" rates. Perhaps putting out shit gets you 5-7% but I would hope that a good F2P product can do a lot more.

Any other stats on spending in the F2P model? Diablo 3's stats might be very useful. It costs $60 to get into but once you're in I think the game is basically a F2P business model. You can play all you want for "free" but if you spend money things get a lot easier/more fun so what is the attach rate of people spending real money?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:10 Tumbler

Hmm maybe I'll go watch a Let's Play video...

Let's Play CS:GO (German)

Man...I hate that fucking game.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:06 Tumbler

Do you get loot for playing this? I booted up TF2 the other day and was stunned how insane the loot system has become in that game. I didn't get why people cared about hats but seeing all that is there I after getting a few items from playing I get why they do that. Earned a backpack and a pair of boots from my time and then went looking at all the other stuff in the store...holy crap. You can buy a set of christmas lights for your bazooka. You can buy a little dragon head for your heavy gunner. You can buy more random crap than I ever though possible. You can buy a little ufo that hovers around behind you while you play. (FOR $30 DOLLARS)

I wish I enjoyed the game more because I like all the customizations...I just don't care for the game. So does CS:GO have all sorts of loot as well? (Obviously more serious looking items)

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
29. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 13:03 Tumbler

They saw the RMAH as the replacement for the monthly fee.

There has got to be some awesome stories of people trying to tell the heads of this project...this doesn't work. This whole auction house thing you're shoehorning into this game is breaking everything. This game is 99% loot driven insta rewards, and you just fucked up the rewards. So now they're just killing things to pick up trash.

You know...this is a perfect F2P game. If this game had been free I can see this whole system having a lot more success. You can grind all you want and earn your gear that way or you can pay and get the gear you want now.

But this pay $60 to play a F2P game is a horrid experience.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
22. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 12:27 Tumbler

Bhruic wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 10:47:
I'd really like to know what their justification is for capping MF at 300%.

Seems that they don't see anyway to stop people from doing the whole swap armor tactic to fight with maximum power at one second then max gold/magic find at the next second. Rather than give the "elites" this advantage they just make it irrelevant. Most of the hardcore will hit that level 100 cap and have the max gold/magic stat so there won't be anymore concern about some players getting far more drops than other players if this tactic is used.

They took away the incentive to armor swap. Sounds like it will still be useful at the lower levels but once you're up at lvl 50 I'd guess that it starts just wasting a stat on your items.

The alternative was to have some timer installed like you do when you change spells so you had to sit there and wait if you wanted to swap...which could cause a lot of other issues. Armor swapping to deal with different types of enemies is probably something they wanted to make sure was possible.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Aug 21, 2012, 12:14 Tumbler

Maybe I'm missing the changes but from the demo I played this feels like the first game repackaged. I was expecting the MP to be improved, graphics to look better, more of everything to toy around with and after an hour of the demo on the ps3 I was left feeling like this is the same game.

Maybe they didn't make a very good demo but I'm left feeling like I did when the first one came out...it's a good game...but not $60 good.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
26. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 17:59 Tumbler

Played through D3 3.5 times, and I have found exactly 3 interesting items, and I'm wearing none of them since they were all for other classes.

Playing in SP and getting drops for everything but your class really makes it hard to want to keep playing.

Anyone see improved drops in co-op mode? Seems like the game is specifically aimed at dropping things you can't use. If you play co-op does it just drop more of stuff you both can't use or does the loot end up being better for both, or all, in the co-op match?

Maybe there is a barb out there screaming with rage because he keeps getting wizard armor and all I need to do is find him and dump all my stupid barbarian weapons and shit on him and I will get all the wizard crap he ends up with.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 15:07 Tumbler

That looks like a cross between different jets. Are military designs trademarked too?

I'm wondering the same thing. Like a cross of an F-16 and F-18.

Pic

F-18/F16

Wing Span and tail like an F18, nose and fusealage like an F16.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2012, 15:18.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
1. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 14:45 Tumbler

Building the game around the auction house was a bad idea. The earlier games were built around loot. In this game the loot you really want is in the auction house. The stuff you get in the game is largely trash that you need to turn into gold then go buy what you'd hope to see dropped in your game.

It's no fun to stop playing the game all the time to go browse the auction house for hours. And the whole multi day auction ala ebay...that is just laughably stupid.

News Comments > OnLive Layoffs Follow-up
16. Re: OnLive Layoffs Follow-up Aug 18, 2012, 16:19 Tumbler

Onlive and gaikia are probably better used for Next gen consoles. When both services services launched the consoles were already well established and customers had already invested in tech that worked. (more or less) if they were able to offer next gen titles at $60 without having to drop $300-$400. Hopefully porting games onto the streaming platforms is simple and we can choose to pay for streaming games instead of all this hardware if we want.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 16, 2012, 21:06 Tumbler

I'm shocked! I've never heard of companies...oh wait wait, yes I have. this is how you run a successful game studio. you refuse to give me any credit employees that don't bend to every demand you can possibly think up. That's right 14 hour days, you want credit don't you? And before the game ships you drop an employment contract on them and if they don't sign it, you fire them. if they do sign you just signed skilled labor for another 2 years at pennies on the dollar. the best part is they are going to burn out within a year or two and you can replace them with somebody even cheaper who hasn't finished the first game yet. rinse and repeat.

This industry need unions.

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
4. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 16:25 Tumbler

Hmm lets just see what kind of dollars they want...

Ghost Recon Future soldier ($49.99)
Anno 2070 ($22)
M&M 6 ($32.49)
Hawx 2 ($19.99)

Hmmm these must not be the prices of the games inside this app. So I have to install it to browse the games? (for accurate prices) Kind of curious to try silent hunter 5 for $1.

*Downloadin Uplay*

Ugh, I can't do it. It's sitting there at the bottom of chrome telling me it's downloaded and I just can't click it. Sorry ubi.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2012, 13:40 Tumbler

EA's Frank Gibeau: 'I've seen new consoles from Sony and Microsoft'.

We're all very excited. Spend lots of money making these because we're totally excited and everyone will buy these. You should spend all your money making these because it's a sure thing. Do it.

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
22. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 13:35 Tumbler

It kills me that things turned out the way they did for Stardock.

Yeah, they really appeared to be an up and coming studio back when sins launched. Seems like Demigod and Elemental just massacred their funds.

I'm impressed they managed to keep things together. They sold Impulse to Gamestop and published Sins Rebellion and now it looks like another Elemental game is coming. Impressive they are still around after how badly thing went with Elemental. I cringe at the amount of money that cost the company.

Oh and the political machine 2012 is from them, that probably sold well on steam?

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
17. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 12:57 Tumbler

I would not be surprised if this person had been working without pay for more than a month when she quit and rather than giving them all the free work she'd done she chose to destroy it.

Who knows what really happened but bringing this suit makes them look like idiots. Connecting the failure of this game to sell with losing your marketing materials is just hilarious. I heard a lot about your game before launch and I know a lot of people bought it because the "internet" was very vocal about the quality of the game.

Marketing was not the problem here. I almost bought the game at launch but after Demigod I wasn't all that eager to jump in early.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Kickstart
6. Re: Planetary Annihilation Kickstart Aug 16, 2012, 00:16 Tumbler

Wow! I was expecting very little when I visited that kickstarter page. Really like the art style and the mechanics of moving between planets. I was a heartbeat away from going in at $95...need to pace myself...can't jump in fully just yet. Let's see what this Tshirt looks like then we'll talk big money.

That $1000 level where you get your own custom commander is pretty awesome...

6244 Comments. 313 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo