Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6061 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
80. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 14:20 Tumbler

The game wasn't competitive at $60. It had some interesting ideas but just wasn't a well rounded experience that was worth that price. I'm guessing on the consoles the used game sales went nuts shortly after the game shipped. I trade my 360 copy out very quickly same as I did with Homefront.

I assume that both homefront and Bulletstorm had little or no used game sales on the PC (due to DRM) so after the gig was up and gamers knew what the game was really worth the $60 price point pushed a lot of people away from buying the game legally.

I would love to see PC pirates avoid games like this altogether, don't pirate, don't play, completely ignore it, because when you pirate something you're basically telling them, "I want to play your game, you just need to put more security up around it because I was able to play it for free".

But if they did this you'd just see the same level of anger directed at legit customers, used game buyers and sellers seem to be the pc pirate equivalents. It's a mad world.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2012, 14:03 Tumbler

IGN...hmmm...*Inhales*

Clicks IGN, lets page load briefly, sees 8.5, closes page.

*Exhales* ok, I got the score. Now lets update this headline so no one else has to take that chance.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 9, 2012, 23:17 Tumbler

It's only an ugly truth so long as consumers permit it. Did they ever consider they're losing sales because of those shenanigans? That's right, I'm calling shenanigans!

The DLC mess on consoles is becoming similar to the DRM mess on the pc. Instead of looking forward to a game and what it will offer you have to first look at how they're going to rip you off.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 9, 2012, 18:22 Tumbler

Meh, show me something to play on it. I was foolish to buy the wii when there wasn't something I HAD to play on it.

Kept figuring that they'd somehow manage to make something I wanted. Lightsaber combat game!? WHERE THE FUCK IS MY LIGHT SABER GAME!!!

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
4. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 5, 2012, 21:01 Tumbler

If you don't have a GOG account this as good a time as any to make one. Just logged in and "purchased" this game to add it to my little shelf. Already own Fallout and Fallout 2 on Steam...I think I own tactics as well?

There are patches to fix color issues and fix the screen res so you can play it on widescreen monitors in high res.

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
51. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 13:47 Tumbler

*rolls eyes*

I have a feeling we're just going to get a collection of clips that feel more rushed and careless than the ending itself.

They had their chance to do the right thing and they ignored it.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter
29. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 15:54 Tumbler

Was going to pass on this as $15 seemed a little steep for a remake of the FPS disaster. Then I started seeing people comment on the old SNES version, they got my money when they held up that sign that said Sorry regarding the FPS game.

In for $15.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 11:34 Tumbler

Seems like this is designed to give guilds a way back into the game. I still think it's foolish not to just offer a free 7 day trial to any and all users every few months. All these updates don't mean shit if you don't let people in to see the changes.

I'm in no rush to go back. If anything I feel like they owe me a free month. I played a lot in the first month, then redeemed a 60 day time card and by the 2nd half of that card I wasn't even logging in.

Leaves a bitter taste when you just watch your time get spent and don't want to play the game.

News Comments > PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details
1. Re: PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details Apr 3, 2012, 13:53 Tumbler

A temporary broadband connection will be required for one-time product registration at first launch using the player Uplay account. From that point on, no permanent connection is required, except for online modes.

Forgive me if I don't believe you. I'll wait and hear what gamers report after launch. The shit companies are willing to pull in hopes of selling you at launch is obscene. Better to just wait and see rather than take any chances. Especially with Ubisoft.

This at very least should cause you to wonder how bad the game is for them to break down and offer one time activations instead of always on drm.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Apr 3, 2012, 12:32 Tumbler

They don't have a problem, they just need to make better games. Games aren't improving overall, we're still getting games that are similar at best or worse as far as value but they are pushing the prices higher.

Companies making games are doing their best to deliver the absolute least possible and then shaving more and more content off to offer as DLC later. (If that, if the game doesn't sell well they'll just move on)

The hilarious thing is that the next gen consoles act like they're doing us a favor, they're talking about systems that offer less value to the consumer because apparently we'll just buy anything they make.

The experiences I've had with MS and Sony up to this point do not make me hopeful that they will deliver a platform that I want so I'm basically cutting them off once they move from the 360/PS3 to whatever else they have in mind.

Looking at the new dashboard on the xbox and the vita give me a clear picture of what they want to do with their platform and neither of those look like something I'll be supporting. I already canceled my CC that was used for Live (the ONLY way to truly cancel your sub) and buying new games for the ps3 is just a laughable idea.

I buy Blu-Rays though, specifically disney blu-ray combo packs because my daughters watch those movies all day long. But eventually I just rip the dvd so it's just hte main movie and I can drop that in and it plays instantly rather than sitting there for 1-2 min dealing with that stupid menu's.

It's all so unpleasant to be a paying customer for these guys. With a PC I can just rip the movie onto my pc, play it from there and stop dealing with their bullshit.

News Comments > TAKEDOWN Kickstarter Funded
12. Re: TAKEDOWN Kickstarter Funded Apr 2, 2012, 22:45 Tumbler

I'm very curious how this will turn out. The KS to get the game to alpha so they can ...get real funding? is really weird.  

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Kickstarts
5. Re: Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Kickstarts Apr 2, 2012, 22:39 Tumbler

$15 seems a bit high for this. Seeing a lot of this artwork back in October of 2011 makes this seem more like an attempt to get some preorders.

Once it's ready I guess we'll see if this is worth it.

I think I'd donate to this if it was less than $10. For $15 I'll just wait till it's ready.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 14:24 Tumbler

Games he plays: 5
Games he bought: 1
Money to developer: $60 (although more likely he bought it used, so money to developer = $0)

Not many developers sell directly to consumers. I did buy Legend of Grimlock from the developer, $12, looks fun. In most cases you're buying from the publisher and there is no guarantee that any money will go to the developer.

I got a used copy of Witcher 2 recently, retail, and I'm blown away by how much comes with the boxed release. I also got to download at least 2GB worth of updates. I haven't played the game yet but I do want to go buy it officially at some point. Maybe they'll put it on sale in a few weeks when the 360 version ships.

Your naive few of this situation is exactly what I expect developers/publishers see as well. I hope you understand that all these games I buy were purchased new. They're not bootlegged copies, they're not pirated copies. They're the games you sell. It's not me you need to worry about, it's the customers you seem to think so little of that will turn on you.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 12:26 Tumbler

Seems like it's time to start planning for a steam box. Only a fool would put up with MS and Sony's systems if they can only buy games from MS and Sony approved locations. Their prices are absolutely disgusting.

Sony and MS are going down if they do this. Short of game makers being forced into exclusive AAA games on the 360/PS3 I don't see how they are not going to lose A TON of gamers. I stick with 360 for most games because I know I can buy games safely and trade/sell them when I'm done or unhappy. You lock my games away from me like the pc does you better have a better plan in place to compete with the pc because right now you're a total joke when you compare them side by side.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 and Obsidian
9. Re: Wasteland 2 and Obsidian Mar 30, 2012, 17:35 Tumbler

Contribution just went from $15 to $50!

I thought Kickstarter was supposed to be cheaper!? Why is it so easy to spend this much money!? I won't even spend money on a pre-order, either it's totally free with a commitment to buy at a later date, that can be terminated at any time or I walk.

But Kickstarter? Oh sure, here is $50, game isn't even made yet? No problem.

What is this Sorcery!?

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
9. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 11:46 Tumbler

I never played this back in the day but I hope this will be an HD update to the older game, that would be fun to play it and see what all the fuss was about.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Preorders Killing It
9. Re: Assassin's Creed III Preorders Killing It Mar 29, 2012, 23:52 Tumbler

Call me paranoid but after how well everything went with Pre-ordering mass effect 3 I think I'm good with waiting and seeing after launch. I'm a little worried that companies will take a page from the Book of Bioware/EA and start shipping incomplete games to grab all those pre-order dollars then maybe finish the game later, maybe charge money for it.  

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
67. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 16:42 Tumbler

Because I can start Steam on my laptop in offline mode and still play?

Exactly. I went to Yosemite recently and one of the reasons we picked to stay in the lodge was for internet access. I brought my laptop and wanted to do some gaming while my daughters took naps.

Well it turns out the internet connection is pretty close to useless. I used my verizon data connection on my phone (also extremely bad...but better than wifi) more than I did my laptop because I could barely connect to their wifi and doing anything with it once I did connect was nearly impossible.

I was able to set steam to offline mode but with EA's solution I'd literally be rolling the dice every time I wanted to play a game. That is unacceptable. I am guessing Steam's offline mode has limits as well. I'm under the impression that it will stop working unless I go and connect within 30 days.

It's reasonable that a game or system like steam ask for some authentication but to require it anytime you want to use the software is insane. I don't own starcraft 2 for this reason alone and I despise being treated like I'm only one restart away from being considered a pirate by the people I paid.

It's like being frisked when you walk into and out of a store, with or without a bag. I'm expected to give these guys money...voluntarily?! FUCK THAT. Hell in a situation like this if I see a guy come running out of your store and your people are chasing him yelling thief I'm just going to stand aside and say good day sir. Go fuck yourselves EA.

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
3. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 09:58 Tumbler

Needing an online connection at all to play a game you legally purchased is ridiculous. The one time activation stuff is at least something you can take care of when it's convenient, this basically throws that out and says "You can only play our game when it's convenient for us. Don't think you get any special treatment just cause you paid us, you can't play it unless we say so, just like pirates."

News Comments > Another Mass Effect 3 Bounty Weekend
17. Re: Another Mass Effect 3 Bounty Weekend Mar 29, 2012, 01:17 Tumbler

Ugh, why are these so complicated? Who comes up with these crazy things?

Operation Might Tower

You and your squad mates must complete 5 levels of the SP campaign in 4 hours but only after playing the MP game with 6 different characters. If you complete this we'll give you a Fanny Pack, which is different than other packs and has stuff in it...but it might also be empty too! It's so exciting so start playing!

0.o

6061 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo