Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6180 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
61. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:18 Tumbler

Hunh...I guess I'll check back tommorrow... Nothing looks like that great a deal to me. (that I don't already own) Shogun 2 was a maybe until I drilled down and realized how much stuff you don't get for that $7.50 including the most recent expansion.

I hope they're going to sell Blackshark 2 and the p51 thing from DCS on steam. Seems like they're way behind getting that stuff up and just selling everything directly from their website.

DCS Blackshark is $5 btw, anyone who's wanted that will probably like that price. A-10 is on sale as well, $16.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 3 DLC Next Week
8. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 DLC Next Week Jul 11, 2012, 17:58 Tumbler

I was able to play the MP side of this again recently and good god does it get repetitive. The missions seems to last a few min too long. By wave 10 I'm just shaking my head, "Are we done yet?!" It can be fun in short bursts but it just seems to drag on too long every match.

Have they added any new enemies? It's been all new maps I believe? Maybe I just need to switch my characters between matches so it's not the same tactics every match.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial Jul 11, 2012, 13:21 Tumbler

ASeven wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 13:05:
I had lunch with John Riccitiello last week. He was asking me why no one wants to buy his stock," "He doesn’t understand what’s going wrong."

You think this is bad, just be happy you (EA share holders) offered an enormous severance package for him when he resign's. Without that bonus waiting we would have gotten a really bad CEO and be doing even worse! Think how much harder he's willing to work knowing that if he gets fired he'll get millions of dollars. (assuming he will) Let's start looking for a new CEO, shall we double the severance bonus this time? Let's shoot for the top!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial Jul 11, 2012, 12:38 Tumbler

I'm trying to get in and try the flashpoints, you're supposed to be able to login right now if you've played in the past but it's saying my account doesn't have an active sub. Opened a ticket with CS to see if that is a mistake since I was subbed for 2 months after the free trial...I should qualify.

Either way the less than open arms they're showing to the community with regards to coming back and trying the game causes me more concern than anything. They need to be trying a lot harder to get people to come back and the free 7 day period they're offering to former people appears to only let people in who've paid for a month in the past. I think it's foolish of them to not let anyone with a registered account come in and see the changes, if they quit after the free trial period I don't see why that person is less likely to spend money than a person to paid for a month or more after the free period.

In my opinion you stand a much better chance at getting money out of the people who quit after the first 30 days than me. I got to watch my account sit idle for a few weeks while I regretted spending money on the game after my free period...

Just seems like they're still acting like they're holding the keys to something people really want when they should be kicking the doors open and begging the public to PLEASE! come play our game!

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2012, 10:02 Tumbler

Assuming they hit their goal I'm curious what the site will be like for the next year. What I'm wondering is will they have the spine to stick with their pledge when they have all this money and advertisers still want to pay them. (which mean MOAR money!)

People, and especially business's, are predictable when it comes to money (as in do you want this money? YES.) so it's hard for me to believe that they're going to just leave the advertising dollars "sitting on the table" after they get this money.

We'll see.

News Comments > DCS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchases
3. Re: CS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchases Jul 10, 2012, 11:45 Tumbler

This series makes me want to buy a multi monitor flight sim setup and build a room around using it. Going to have to do that soon...  

News Comments > DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually?
13. Re: DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually? Jul 8, 2012, 17:19 Tumbler

I'm hoping for a summer sale on the dual pack thingy they offer. Then maybe I'll see what all the fuss is about. The price seems to high if I'm just going to play the mod. There was a thread on reddit regarding how you can save a bit, apparently if you get the demo of Arma 2 it installs some sort of Arma 2 free version and then you can get the operation arrowhead thing that is required to run the mod. Looks like $19.99, $29.99 if you buy the combined ops pack.

I'm waiting for $9.99 for the combined ops pack.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
10. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 11:34 Tumbler

They probably haven't given a date because they don't want people to stop spending money. Of course, every Sale veteran stopped spending weeks ago in anticipation.

Yup, i spit on these so called "sales" over the past few days. Why don't I just burn my money too!

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today
15. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 14:13 Tumbler

I think the delivery expectation of Dec 2013 is keeping me from spending my money. It's awesome that it's getting funded but I think I want to wait and see on this one. They'll probably offer a beta soon or something that makes me regret not jumping on this but that timeline gives me concern.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2012, 14:05 Tumbler

PS4, Xbox 720 "will fail if they let retail dictate game pricing".

Assuming they mean a price point high enough to give retail a cut of the revenue then I'd say that is accurate. Selling games digitally for $20-$30 would probably help the gaming industry in a big way.

The new game prices are offensive. Competition should be driving the prices down but publishers are just chopping up what you get in the retail boxes and asking for more money for those parts to somehow offset the greater number of people that are waiting to buy until the price comes down or buying used when the real value of the product has time to bring the price down.

The only games I'm buying new at launch these days are $30 and under. Sins Rebellion (special offer for Sins owners), Civ V, techically I bought diablo 3 at launch but that was more about witnessing first hand the whole experience that is Shopping 3. (inside joke? There was an alternate title for Diablo 3...)

News Comments > World of Tanks Plans, Wargaming.net Rebranded
5. Re: World of Tanks Plans, Wargaming.net Rebranded Jul 3, 2012, 14:11 Tumbler

I've been logging in to play a few matches each night and the game really needs to work on trying to make the matches fair. It's far to common to be dropped into a match where you're just going to get blown away. That might be acceptable if when you perform well in those matches the game rewards you substantially but in my experience it doesn't. I think the best I've been able to get is approx 1000 xp and maybe 15k credits? Typically I get 200xp and 8k credits, but it costs me 1k to repair.

I'm in a tier 4? tank and the next tank upgrade is at 12,500 xp and 410,000 credits. I'll hit the xp needed soon enough but the credits needed is going to take an obscenely long time. I have the valentine which I think earns money a bit faster but again if you can't kill enemy tanks you're kind of SOL.

Still...it can be fun...and it's free...

News Comments > Sony to Acquire Gaikai
18. Re: Sony to Acquire Gaikai Jul 2, 2012, 13:27 Tumbler

Next gen consoles are sounding great! I'm going to save SO much money!  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 13:26 Tumbler

I'd love to see an offline emulator for D3 because that could hopefully allow players to mod the game so you can play at any difficulty level and give you appropriate starting characters so those levels are fun.

I'd also love to see a mod that forces loot drops to be specific to your class. It sucks how much loot drops that is for other classes. The game would be more fun if loot dropped only for your class instead of expecting you to go sell everything not for you gathering gold so you can go find the loot you want in the AH.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Trailer
3. Re: World of Warplanes Trailer Jun 24, 2012, 01:15 Tumbler

I am confused why they are trying to make a ww2 dog fighter game. I played warbirds and aces high a while back and today it feels like that ship has sailed. If I'm going to pull out a joystick and fly planes I feel like there needs to be more reason than grinding gear on random planes like you do in world of tanks.

The one thing world of tanks has going for it is that it's easy to jump in and play with a mouse and keyboard. The matches start up very quickly, and you're in combat shortly after. That was not my experience with Warbirds and Aces High, you'd spend a lot of time just taking off and traveling...but that is the nature of the game I guess... it could be fun if they just dropped dozens of people going head to head in the air and pow, right in the middle of a massive dogfight.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 01:17 Tumbler

Wow, $175,000. Wow. I wonder what the item was they were using that they jacked the price up so high?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2012, 12:23 Tumbler

Verizon price changes revolutionary? Well they sure stopped me from upgrading my phone and signing a new contract...is that revolutionary? I might buy an used phone going forward and use that but now I guess I'll go downgrade my voice minutes since we're not useing them and I'll just pay you guys less!

Revolutionary!

News Comments > Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise
1. Re: Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise Jun 22, 2012, 12:16 Tumbler

Hunh, this guy sounds like he just threw up his hands and said, you're right, I screwed up, I'm a huge hypocrite. I should have warned the people that this was coming but I didn't and, man, that sucks hunh? And I'm ok with Government helping me, but not other people. I'll stand up and fight to stop other people getting any help but if I'm offered help? Oh I'll take that money and ask for more!

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
85. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 10:58 Tumbler

Certainly begs the question of what the hell the point of the persistent internet connection was. So far I don't see a single benefit whatsoever, it's been nothing but downsides for the consumer.

Are you kidding? It's made sure that every single person who buys Diablo 3 will only be able to play it while connected to the auction house! That was the point all along! There was never anything that would benefit paying customers, this was all a system designed to keep you connected to their servers so you'd use the auction house. If they let anyone play offline think of how many people would do that and never use the auction house!

This is Diablo 3: Auction House! The auction house is the game, the part where you are clicking and stuff dies, that is just a mini game to let you get resources to play the auction house!

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched
12. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 12:42 Tumbler

I played a bit last night, it's fun, but not consistently. I still feel like i'm comically underpowered in the matches I'm in. Even in a tank destroyer most of my targets end up laughing at me.

I'm a TANK DESTOYER, and tanks laugh at me! It's possible i've been away long enough that many peopel are just above me and the only games available to join are the ones above me but then can't you at least give me some bonus's if I happen to do well? I remember one match went very well and I ended up with 6 kills or something crazy like that, I got decent xp but nothing crazy. Another match I end up surrounded by heavily armored tanks and somehow I manage to kill one, shot him I don't know how many times and I think OMG I got one! They'll give me tons of XP for killing someone so high above me!

Nope. Just a pitful few hundred xp. Oh you killed someone, here's some pennies.

It doesn't seem like they want the game balanced to be fun for all. Feels more like I"m just there to get blown up.

News Comments > THQ VP Resigns
9. Re: THQ VP Resigns Jun 21, 2012, 12:35 Tumbler

Meh, I don't think this is much of a shock considering everything going on. Not sure why anyone thought this company wasn't in sad shape before this. I think they have a long way to go before they look secure. Maybe if they can get Darksiders 2 out and it's a huge success things will start to look up. Until then I'll just assume they're in a lot of trouble.  

6180 Comments. 309 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo