Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6137 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Trailers
10. Re: Star Wars 1313 Trailers Jun 5, 2012, 12:24 Tumbler

Hey guys, Star Wars is so awesome we can just take other games and slap star wars skins on them and people will love it! We made an MMO, people loved it! We made a God of War game, people loved it! Now lets make an uncharted game and call it star wars! People will love it because it's star wars! Everyone Loves Star Wars!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WatchDogs Announced
16. Re: WatchDogs Announced Jun 5, 2012, 12:12 Tumbler

I'm not on board the hype train for this game. Graphics look impressive but the game seemed like it's just a heavily scripted story to walk through (more or less). I don't see what all the fuss is about. I can't be the only one that is looking for fun games as opposed to pretty ones...right?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 22:48 Tumbler

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 18:48:
Oh! Only $49.99? Wow they might as well be giving this shit away for free! AWSUMM!!!

It's $75 worth of DLC for the low low price of $49.99! Look how much money you're saving!!! (Strike At Karkland is included in that $75 figure)

News Comments > Dead Space 3 in February 2013
3. Re: Dead Space 3 in February 2013 Jun 4, 2012, 17:23 Tumbler

Seemed like this game is going action action action. I never liked the rivet gun because it was like having an assault rifle and that seems to be the kind of gameplay they want now. Someone on reddit called it Gears of Space and that seems accurate.

It looked very pretty, I'll likely enjoy it, but I miss Dead Space.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month Jun 4, 2012, 17:21 Tumbler

Meh, it will be nice to be able to login and see things at least. Would be nice if they allowed people with lvl 50 characters to still login and play but not earn anything like valor or daily commendations.

I think my jedi is still under lvl 15, I guess I can boot it up and try and once 1.3 arrives.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 2, 2012, 13:54 Tumbler

For gamers the E3 is about as relevant as a 11th toe.. notice how the things that are *really* Interesting (News/Game Trailers/Announces) always come out a ways before or after the E3? That's because nobody sane wants to be drowned out by the PR FUD SPAM that always follows this corporation-only expo nowadays.

I think E3's very relevant today. Without this event most of these announcements would not be timed to give us this massive blowout of new stuff and the extra effort that goes into some of these things to get people interested.

I don't think attending the event is all that interesting anymore because the info comes out so insanely fast. It's not like in the past where you only get to read about it a month later or so. We're usually seeing the Keynote's live and the only thing you end up missing is behind closed door presentations which are generally something that they are not ready to show the public anyway.

The quality of video and gameplay they put out now is enough that I don't feel all that jealous of people who get to play the game at the event. The wait times and nonsense one has to put up with make the whole experience sound ridiculous.

I love all the news and trailers/gameplay clips we get because of E3. I can live with all the bullshit that goes along with it as long as I get to see the actual games as well. (gameplay clips, long, in HD, with someone talking to me just like they would someone who is going to write about it on a website.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 2, 2012, 12:21 Tumbler

Picked up Wing Commander 3, I don't think the voice packs and other expansions are part of the WC 1+2 package? Would rather just have the whole thing so I'll look for them to update that at some point.  

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
4. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 10:19 Tumbler

Maybe this will surprise us like prey 2 did...hahah haahhaha...ah no.  

News Comments > Activision and Infinity Ward Settle
12. Re: Activision and Infinity Ward Settle Jun 1, 2012, 00:19 Tumbler

It will be interesting to see what happens internally at Activision. The bits and pieces we're hearing have not made the CEO of Activision look like the professional you want running that company. The countersuit they tossed at EA claiming money lost from the loss of Infinity Ward staff was basically them saying how much money they lost by making this change. Add that to the settlement and something is going to happen internally.

I'm guessing stock holders are not going to turn a blind eye to this stupidity. Ah man, was worth a try, I mean we almost screwed those guys and got to keep all this money right? And now we don't have a talented studio in IW anymore...so that kind of sucks....but this is how you get shit down. This is video games. Let's go try and fire those lazy fucks at blizzard now!

I'm hoping we'll see Kotick step down at very least if not be publically "forced to resign". Hopefully the stock price will get hammered in the process. They might have another year still until the shit hits he fan because there doesn't seem to much to compete with against Blops 2 but come 2013 I don't think they're looking good. Respawn will hopefully have something by that time and who knows maybe medal of honor will finally find it's feet.

I guess we'll see what everyone has planned at E3.

News Comments > Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3
2. Re: Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3 Jun 1, 2012, 00:09 Tumbler

What the hell, the government there sticks up for the people!? Why can't that happen here!?  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 16:38 Tumbler

Dev wrote on May 31, 2012, 02:54:
The kills were a big part of the game series though, thats what save is for I actually disliked some adventure games habits that came out later and had ZERO deaths, basically held your hand.

The constant deaths are growing on me, they're definitely meant to be part of the experience. The seat belt thing had me laughing. HAahha, fool, you forget your seat belt, bet you thought you finally passed that area!!! Hahahah!

If they'd put in a less tedious save/load system I think it'd be fine. Is there a quick save? I'm not sure if that is even a good idea because it seems like you can miss stuff and with only one save you might be sol. Annoys the crap out of me to have to type something every time I want to save. Just give me a default name at least and bump it up each time I want to save.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 00:52 Tumbler

If you're not a fan of adventure games the Sierra ones are going to be a real chore. There are so many cheap kills. The Lucasarts adventure games were less annoying in this respect but it does provide some chuckles when you die on something silly or unexpected. I'll just walk over this way and EATEN BY WORM MONSTER! Game over! Restore?

I'd say skip it if you're not into adventure games already. I vaguely remember playing one of these games so I'm interested just to see what the story was all about. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm thinking I'll skip the EGA versions. (space quest 2 and 3)

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 30, 2012, 22:28 Tumbler

Space Quest Collection? Cha Ching! Now I have something to play while I wait for the kickstarter project!  

News Comments > CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced
23. Re: CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced May 30, 2012, 20:03 Tumbler

Nice! I love seeing more cyberpunk rpg games! Can't wait to see what they produce. As impressive as Witcher 2 is, fantasy games aren't my bag, I'm very excited to see them do sci-fi stuff.

More, show me MOAR!

News Comments > Bilson Out, Rubin In at THQ
2. Re: Bilson Out, Rubin In at THQ May 30, 2012, 13:28 Tumbler

An exciting change for the company. I wasn't the biggest fan of Naughty Dog's last game but it was a lot better than what the head of THQ wanted to do last year. (Udraw) THQ seems to have several potential big IP's on their hands and if they can promote the well and build them a bit better I can see them being very successful. (Darksiders, Metro, Space Marine, Saints Row, etc.)

It seems like the management with regard to these franchises was pushing them out too soon or just in the wrong direction. Space Marine seems like a good example, the MP in that just had Space Marines (and chaos which is just evil space marines). And tons of unlocks which just maybe the experience feel tedious because you had to sink tons of hours into it before you started seeing any diversity between players. Then they went and added dreadnaughts as DLC...who's fucking idea was that!? That was beyond stupid in my opinion. That MP game needed some updates bad and rather than improving it and offering it to people who bought the game at launch as a thank you...they wanted more money!? And good god that game was too long. Once you started seeing chaos enemies and demon's the game should have ended. Those guys should have come into the game much sooner and around that time the game needed to end.

Hopefully Rubin's leadership will be able to recognize these things in the future and say, "Ok guys, the game is long enough, stop working on these last 8 levels and focus on the MP. The SP experience doesn't need to be 4 hours too long with repetitive gameplay. Lets put a bow on that side and add more choices to the MP. This DLC, this is shipping with the full product because this isn't good enough to ship without it."

That is my hope anyway. Make better choices, make better games.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
53. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 17:48 Tumbler

Teehee, I'm so glad I got a copy of this game. Logged in earlier to see what happens when I clicked the RMAH button now. Was down at the time, just before 11am pst, meh, oh well.

Login in now, stuck at retrieving hero list. Tried 3 times? This really is better than I ever could have imagined.

I just love watching this whole experience. All the nonsense built around playing this simple little game and it's so screwed up you can't even play the game at times! Just seems insane to break this game so badly trying to shoe horn this auction house into the game.

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
37. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 17:08 Tumbler

I'm having a tough time booting this game up and playing. I beat it on normal and started through on hard but the loot drops have become extremely tedious. I feel like I have to sell everything and use the auction house to get loot for my wizard. It would be nice if the loot that dropped was at least geared for a wizard but it's all over the place. I was collecting it all and selling it but eventually I just started picking up the magic stuff and above. But even that is tedious because you get so much crap.

I miss my dog in torchlight...

The whole town portal, walk to merchant, right click right click right click. Am I missing something that makes this all easier?

News Comments > Two Guys From Andromeda Prototype 2
2. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda Prototype 2 May 25, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

Looking good! Very rough version, no sound, voices, etc, just basic art and movement. Text to read. Spot on what I was hoping for out of this. Once they voice it and add sound this should be awesome!  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
1. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 24, 2012, 21:11 Tumbler

No RMAH on 5/29!? It's not ready for prime time? Since when does that matter!? I paid for this ticket to he ring side when this disaster kicks off. Don't screw me over and fix it before launch! What am I supposed to do with all this popcorn if things go smoothly?!  

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale Underway
1. Re: Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale Underway May 24, 2012, 14:32 Tumbler

Oooh 75% off all the DLC too!

Now I can finally buy the missing civ's!

Babalon, Polynesia, Denmark, already have Inca / Spain, and ooo Korea and more wonders!

$5.59!

Be careful buying the GOTY edition, you get most of the DLC but Korea and wonders pack aren't listed. Hopefully that is a mistake?

Still a good price if you have to add that too, $1.87 combo price for korea and wonders by themselves, buy that with the goty version.

6137 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo