Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6159 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
24. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 00:05 Tumbler

Will be interesting to try this. I guess they have to charge for something... World of Tanks was fun in the lower levels but as I moved up into the higher tiers things quickly got lop sided and I felt like way too many tanks were just laughing at my shots. I was a fucking tank destroyer for christs sake and I was trying to find tanks weak enough for me to even stand a chance. Most of the time I had to wait for someone else to fire so that I wouldn't be one shot killed the instant I fired on someone. Maybe I just picked the wrong army track to follow or something.

I hope they keep things balanced, I'm fine with exclusive mechs as long as they're not simply better in every respect. Time will tell.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft Unveils Surface
2. Re: Microsoft Unveils Surface Jun 18, 2012, 21:10 Tumbler

Assuming that keyboard is detachable or better yet flexible so you can just fold it back and hold the thing with one hand that looks cool. My dad won't stop talking about wanting a tablet with a fold out keyboard like that, I'm not sure why he wants a separate keyboard but that man will not stop asking for something like this.

Bingo, there you go, now stop asking about a tablet with a keyboard!

News Comments > Civilization V: Gods & Kings Diary
6. Re: Civilization V: Gods & Kings Diary Jun 18, 2012, 18:05 Tumbler

Just curious: what's simplified that you don't like? They got rid of health and per-city happyness, but per-empire happyness and building maintenance lead to an interesting juggling act. Are you referring to that, or something else?

I'm curious about this as well because the happiness stuff can get insane very quickly. You go to war and you don't have a ton of happiness you'll find yourself getting screwed once your empire is really unhappy. -33% to combat strength and suddenly that slight advantage is gone and your only chance is to stand on defense until you can settle those cities down.

News Comments > Origin Sale; EA Calls Service "A Huge Success"
46. Re: Origin Sale; EA Calls Service Jun 18, 2012, 13:12 Tumbler

I've uninstalled Origin and simply don't want to play BF3 enough to reinstall that service...so A Huge Success? I don't think so. I think the BF3 premium thing you offer is pretty hilarious. How many people already own Back to Karkland (or whatever?) and those guys don't get a better price? For most I would guess that the pack is $50 for 4 "expansions" yet they lose to treat it like it's 5. Look at all that content! Some of it you already own but you can buy it again!  

News Comments > Dishonored "12 or 14" Hours
15. Re: Dishonored "12 or 14" Hours Jun 18, 2012, 12:34 Tumbler

I remain skeptical of this game. Brink looked good. I'll just wait a bit and see what reality is.  

News Comments > Civilization V: Gods & Kings Diary
3. Re: Civilization V: Gods & Kings Diary Jun 18, 2012, 12:02 Tumbler

Oh nice! I just decided to take the day off tommorrow to catch up on some gaming, Starhawk and Max Payne 3, and I totally forgot this was coming out tomorrow! Picked it up on green man gaming for $23 or $24 can't remember exactly. They gave me a better offer too, total of 25% off (over my 20% off) via email but I didn't want to go to the trouble of canceling the initial order so I could repurchase for 5% less.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire
5. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 10:54 Tumbler

It came out next to diablo 3. It also wasn't advertised well and didn't seem like a good deal at $60. I got it for $40 from best buy last week. It's ok, Its good at what it is, but it's just an old mechanic. I've played maybe 2 hours.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
25. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play" Jun 15, 2012, 00:15 Tumbler

I think TOR could do well with a Free to play option. The pvp combat was pretty fun, I enjoyed playing huttball. The SP content...well it's just not that good. The flashpoints might be fun, I wouldn't know, I never got to play them because it was always too hard to find a group. If they simply offered a queue system like the pvp side has I think that could be something to at least check out.

Ugh and don't even get me started about the galactic trade network and mailboxes. They're going to put those on your ship...right?

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month
2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month Jun 14, 2012, 15:18 Tumbler

Would be nice if this was on Steam. And on sale for $9.99. (The full game)  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 13, 2012, 12:48 Tumbler

I have trinity, and definitely did not receive such an offer.

When I get home from work I'll try the website link and see if it's still valid though, because I'd like to take this opportunity to get me a version of the game on Steam.

I was able to purchase it for $29.99 off their website. I just used my login info for Stardock, then after your purchase you get the code and use it in steam. I watched the lets play video someone posted below, looks fun, I'll give it a shot.

News Comments > Civilization V: Gods & Kings Trailer
6. Re: Civilization V: Gods & Kings Trailer Jun 13, 2012, 12:29 Tumbler

Oh they did. I also found the combat fun in Civ5 if you turned the difficulty up to the point that you were always fighting heavily outnumbered. I really couldn't go back to the Civ4 stackfest, but apparently that's just me.

I just played a few games on the top three difficulties just to see what things are like. Over land the AI is fine but over sea they simply don't know what to do. They kind of know what to do if you border them and there is water in between but even then they will rush your cities across water which is suicide.

I hope they fix the AI so it uses oceans more effectively. It's almost like no one told the AI that researching optics will let you put every unit into the water and researching the next one lets everyone go over deep ocean. The AI plays as if shallow water is the only option.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers Jun 12, 2012, 23:22 Tumbler

Well it kind of makes sense, why would you want to transfer if you aren't going to play anyway?

I'm hopeful that if they finally add a grouping tool that the game might have a lot more content to play through. So I'd like my character on a server where I could use the tool. I'm not going to pay for a monthly sub then pay them to put me on a server that isn't empty. Either do it free before I resub or you can forget about me coming back.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 22:25 Tumbler

Hmm I see the offer for $10 off on the site. I'll go watch the let's play and see if I like it.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers Jun 12, 2012, 22:21 Tumbler

Hmm, let's see if my guy is eligible? Just gotta find that keyfob, ok found it. Logging in, and, no eligible characters. Hunh, I guess the server I was on is in ok shape? ...checking server status....dark reaper, light. Hunh...shouldn't that be a transfer eligible server?

Wait what is this:

Your account...

...must have an active subscription or game time remaining.
...must not be banned.

...I see. So I have to pay to use your "free" transfers and by the looks of it a transfer for me would not be free either. You guys are so awesome bioware. Keep it up.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 20:55 Tumbler

Checking old emails, the $10 off pre order was for owners of trinity or diplomacy. No offer was made to owners of sins and entrenchment. (I believe) I have no emails regarding beta access being attached to anything besides preorders of rebellion. (pre purchases I assume, big difference) Doesn't seem like there was any offers made to the folks that bought the main game ages ago.  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 17:09 Tumbler

Seems odd they didn't reach out to Sins owners and there is no demo. $40 is asking a lot in my opinion and I'm more comfortable waiting at this point.

I'll go watch some Let's Play video's and see if I can't "try" the game that way.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2012, 12:56 Tumbler

Psh, $300? Maybe with some amazing games we've not seen yet they might get that price but right now $200 is asking a lot. I don't see much on the system that makes me care right now.

You better start investing in games.

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
26. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 11, 2012, 23:04 Tumbler

I feel like Blizzard is doing gamers a huge favor here. We could have slowly adjusted to the idea that always online gaming sucked over a decade or so but when you go and slap it onto a game like this that "everyone" plays then I think you just accelerate the process and now consumers will crucify the next company that comes up and says "Always Online!"  

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
6. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Jun 11, 2012, 17:00 Tumbler

Fix the "offline Mode". It's not working.  

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
18. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 12:47 Tumbler

When are they going to add an offline mode? Can we just get an offline mode that lets you start at whatever difficulty you want, gives you gear appropriate for that level and then gives you decent drops so you can just enjoy the game? No login abilities on these characters, you're on your own for good.

Then you can go fuck with all this online bullshit to your hearts content. I despise authenticators. Tried using one for SWTOR and found it extremely annoying.

6159 Comments. 308 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo