Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6059 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC Dec 3, 2012, 13:20 Tumbler

Is this an RTS? I thought this was a wing commander style space sim game. Reading the details maybe it's a 4x game? Screenshots look very pretty but I can't really figure out what I'll be doing in the game exactly.

44/100 score? OUCH.

*Watches video on steam* Ok, so it's a 4x game where you get to build your ships and fight. Hmmm, looks like many games I've funded on kickstarter and I can play this today!

So...anyone think this is worth $20? I didn't much care for the art until that big purple ship showed up...maybe I'll go find some let's play video's of this.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 15:24 Tumbler

Right now the biggest technical problem with this game is lag and fps. When there are lot of players on screen, it's like all your shots don't register against your enemies, you have to empty whole clips into people to kill them. While in smaller battles, each shot seems to register and hit.

Just ran into this a min ago. Thought I'd pop in for a quick game, deployed to a based under attack, went to capture a flag. Got it, then went to a corner, crouched, and waited. (I knew someone would come running in to check on it) A few moments later someone comes in, runs right in front of me, I'm aiming down the sites, hvy with reflex scope, top tier gun, plus 2nd grip, open up on this guy into his back, he spins and starts straffing back and forth, I pop on my energy shield ability and he kills me.

There would be no chance if lag wasn't so screwed up in the game. You're better off moving while you fire which is stupid. You shouldn't be accurate when you're standing and moving around but with the way lag works the enemy player needs to lead you by a small amount in the direction you're moving so that means shooting at the air and when you straff back and forth it almost makes more sense to just spray back and forth.

Shotguns are hilarious up close. It should end someone with ease but since you only get one shot to hit someone if you do't predict where they'l be in half a second you're just blasting away at them and you should be hitting but you aren't.

Ugh, so frustrating. It's not very common, in most cases you're at a decent range but when it does happen it sucks.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 28, 2012, 13:08 Tumbler

Arkham City is FREE!? AWESOME! (PSN+)  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 12:52 Tumbler

I'm having a great time in Planetside 2. Nice to see someone still making large open battlefield games. PS2 is what I wanted out of BF3. They need to work on the controls for air power though, fucking awful. You can roll your aircraft sideways and it still fly's straight... doesn't even turn. (bank 30 deg to the left, you should be slowly turning left)

I tried setting up my gamepad to see if that made it any easier (than keyboard / mouse) and my god that was the weirdiest experience I've ever had. Nothing moved and operated how I thought it should. My mind could not adjust to the controls it wanted from me with the game pad. It works ok on the keyboard though...

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 17:48 Tumbler

I love the kick starter system. To me it feels like a choose the price you want to pay. A game like project eternity I only want to spend $15, so I did. But a game like star citizen I want to spend tons more and making so many choices available is great! T-shirts, models posters, USB sticks,I love all the options. Its like a build your own collectors edition.

The choose your an price bundles seem to be popular with gamers and even those try and offer incentives to spend more.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends
28. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 12:39 Tumbler

I doubt I'll ever get into the "MMO" servers though, mainly due to the give-aways from the funding drive.

I can't wait for the online world BECAUSE of the giveaways! I want to go get in huge furballs with a Corvette guarded by connies while dozens of pirates ships attack from all sides! I want to dock on that big beautiful ship and kill the crew and take it for myself!

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
50. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 17:07 Tumbler

I'd be very interested to see what someone at the beginning of these projects on the publisher side is used to seeing when they pitch something like this.

Do the video's and such that they've created so far match up to a project that would get strong funding? (ignore the genre issues)

One of the most impressive things in all this is how well they turned this around from the start. That first week or so was rough. Not a lot of info, the website wasn't working well, then once they jumped on board kickstarter it seemed like they got their feet under them. The AmA happened, a lot of questions were answered via the forums, via the kickstarter page, just a ton of communication with the community and I think that filled in a lot of the holes people were seeing.

It seems like ancient history when we hit that first stretch goal on KS and earned a repair robot! Woohoo. That seemed to frustrate people more than anything but the updates and ever increasing communication helped a lot.

That last week when they dropped the Constellation artwork and then it seemed like every day they had something new. An amazing finish to a campaign I felt really uneasy about early on.

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
22. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 13:49 Tumbler

Just dropped another $20 in for digital manuals. Amazing run. I'm also on the monthly sub for $10 so I can't wait to see the stuff that comes out each month!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
17. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 21:53 Tumbler

I want them to hit 5.5 mill. I want that bengal carrier in the game!

Adding $25 for a shirt and I think I'm going to pick up the pirate pack!

Edit: Done!

So I got:
The Connie: $250
Electro Skin: $5
T-Shirt: $25
Centurion Sub: $10
Pirate Pack: $100

So that adds up to....let's just call it $200. I'm ready! I just have to stay off that site for another 12 or so hours because I'm 100% sure he's going to have additional stuff to buy before the end.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 22:34.

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
4. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 16:11 Tumbler

Its like a fireworks show finale! Corvettes for sale. Pirate ships, vandal fighters, bombers!!!! Ahhhhh why can't I have it all!!!

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 16:43.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 22:30 Tumbler

Everyone knows the TSA rules by now and knows how they will react. If you still leave the house for the airport with that non-sense on your wrist then you deserve the harassment you get.

Are there pictures of the watch? I'm very interested to see this watch.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 17, 2012, 21:57 Tumbler

The updates keep on coming. New ship with Artwork plus 2 different skins for the hull. Both pirate themed. 4.432 Mill at this moment, I really want them to hit 5 million...and that pirate ship (pirate pack under add ons) is just teasing me with it's soft curves and sexy lines. What's $100, what do I need $100? Think of all the fun I could have in a pirate ship that has lifetime insurance! I mean I'd be stupid not to jump on that...right?

Link for anyone else who is interested!

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
14. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 17, 2012, 17:45 Tumbler

Awesome run up to the end so far. That info on the constellation was far more impressive than I expected. Upped my pledge to $250 ($255 total) and can't wait to go cruising through space in that beauty!

It looks like we're easily going to pass 4.5 which puts Cruisers in the game! I don't expect we'll see artwork for that before the end of this but I am really excited to see what they make for a cruiser. One of the Bombers already has 6 turrets! I would guess a cruiser will be bristling with guns! You can find $30 entry level donations if anyone is still interested by checking the site from time to time. As people up their pledges it frees up spots but I think $35 slots are still available at KS. Haven't checked in a while.

I'd love to see them cross 5 million, that would be amazing!

See you all on the other side. And if anyone else wants to contribute:

Link

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
20. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 17:27 Tumbler

Not too long ago, I was banned for 72 hours from WoW and received a final warning - for reasons unknown, so I couldnt know what I did wrong and because of that the final warning was as good as a soon to be permanent ban.
After a few days of talking with different GMs, one told me it was due to account sharing. I did not share my account, only my IP addresses change often, due to different locations and different PCs. So I told them that, but they still didnt listen. After 4 weeks I finally got a reply from a supervisor, who said he could confirm the stuff I claimed and that the final warning was canceled.

I have a laptop that I take between Home and the office. I also have Wifi and hard wired ports in my house and depending on where i have the laptop setup it might look like I"m hooked into new equipment all the time.

The online banking locations seem to only remember one or 2 places because they ask me those secondary security questions all the time. Steam was asking for that stuff a lot too but I guess they figured out how to store a few more locations because they rarely ask anymore.

That's really disgusting that they'd ban your account because you might be sharing. I might be using my laptop at a friends house too you fucking assholes! No sense in taking that chance, BANNED.

Great way to treat paying customers.

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 16:58 Tumbler

Long story short, I don't think anything has really changed at all.

Metacritic lists it as an 87. I fully expect it to get 100's from big guys like IGN, the difference is that there is enough input coming in that a more accurate score prevails. I'm not a big halo fan but it looks like a well made game that is fun for the fans and entertaining for others. If it's not blazing a new trail in every respect then I'm happy it doesn't cross the 90 line.

I think that is an improvement from last year when it seemed everyone was 90+..

Reviewing the big titles i can recall last year...perhaps you are right.
MW3 - 88, AC:R - 80, BF3 - 89, BM AC- 94, Elder Scrolls Skyrim - 96

Hmm, I guess I'm imagining things,

17. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 16:49 Tumbler

I remember an article released earlier this year that had an interesting point. Research showed that positive reviews didn't increase sales, but negative ones hurt sales.

Might be nothing but there was a bizarre turn of events with regard to hacking on the PC for Black Ops 2. Somebody uploaded a video clip showing a player using a hack (aimbot), was fairly obvious, and the guy was reporting it to Treyarch/Activision. A bit later the Video is taken down upon a dmca request/complaint (I think) and his youtube account was given a strike. (I assume of the 6 strike variety?)

Later this caught a lot of peoples attention and during a reddit AMA from a Black Ops 2 dev this guy asked them directly, why did you pull my video and give me a strike against my account?

The response was this:
"If can be impossible for the people who are watching this know the difference between people trying to get YouTube famous from hacking videos, and those intending to help. It's a pretty thing line."

To me this sounds like: "You're going to hurt our sales talking about Aimbots so shut the fuck up or we'll punish you."

Link
It's the top comment, and the reply is a few levels down. I think this supports your theory that bad reviews have much more effect than good ones. It's about silencing critics, not fluffing your scores in the end.

13. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 14:15 Tumbler

It would seem, to my eyes anyway, that the recent review site corruption dust up has scared a lot of outlets into treating games more objectively this holiday season. The biggest titles seem to be getting scores that feel more reasonable all things considered. Mid 80's is what I'd expect for games like Halo 4, AC3 and Black Ops 2. I expect them to be high quality titles but they're simply another version of an existing franchise and as such likely won't be reinventing the wheel.

The scores seem to be fair in my opinion. Xcom and Fifa 13 end up being the only 90's for the recent releases. I'm not sure I agree with Xcom getting a 90 though. I really enjoyed the game but once you beat it the game mechanics really start to annoy the crap out of me. And internal navigation (inside alien ships) is a fucking nightmare. I wonder when that dust up started... Xcom says oct 9th, looks like oct 12th was when that guy at eurogamer stepped down. So seems like xcom was under that umbrella of heavy publisher influence.

News Comments > Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch
1. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 10:42 Tumbler

I hope these guys get funded but I can't get past the 2d overhead screenshot. Although FTL was to the overhead so maybe ill regret this...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:49 Tumbler

Holy wall of text. Anyone know how widespread the whole disc 2 issue is? (it seems some people who have the pc version are finding that disc 2 is actually the mass effect 2, disc 2 when they pop it in the drive) Sounds like the duplication plant used the wrong image and so you have disc one of black ops 2 and disc 2 of mass effect 2. Correct artwork on disc though!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multiplayer Details
23. Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Details Nov 12, 2012, 05:40 Tumbler

I think the game sounds fantastic. The info on the project has become extremely hard to follow with Q/A's on Reddit, CR and team answering Q's on Kickstarter, answering Q's in live chat, etc. It's a maze of information but from what I've been able to follow this project looks awesome.

The SP game should be completed first and at this point it's looking like the MP game will launch 6 months later. I'm planning on putting together a new pc either with an oculus rift or with multi monitors and a track ir.

I also love all the shwag! There should be bomber jackets and all sorts of shirts and such on the site eventually too! $35 ain't that much people, I really don't see how you can go wrong here. $35 I think it what it takes right now.

Use my referral link!
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=32340

6059 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo