Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6051 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
17. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 21:53 Tumbler

I want them to hit 5.5 mill. I want that bengal carrier in the game!

Adding $25 for a shirt and I think I'm going to pick up the pirate pack!

Edit: Done!

So I got:
The Connie: $250
Electro Skin: $5
T-Shirt: $25
Centurion Sub: $10
Pirate Pack: $100

So that adds up to....let's just call it $200. I'm ready! I just have to stay off that site for another 12 or so hours because I'm 100% sure he's going to have additional stuff to buy before the end.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 22:34.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
4. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 16:11 Tumbler

Its like a fireworks show finale! Corvettes for sale. Pirate ships, vandal fighters, bombers!!!! Ahhhhh why can't I have it all!!!

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 16:43.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 22:30 Tumbler

Everyone knows the TSA rules by now and knows how they will react. If you still leave the house for the airport with that non-sense on your wrist then you deserve the harassment you get.

Are there pictures of the watch? I'm very interested to see this watch.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 17, 2012, 21:57 Tumbler

The updates keep on coming. New ship with Artwork plus 2 different skins for the hull. Both pirate themed. 4.432 Mill at this moment, I really want them to hit 5 million...and that pirate ship (pirate pack under add ons) is just teasing me with it's soft curves and sexy lines. What's $100, what do I need $100? Think of all the fun I could have in a pirate ship that has lifetime insurance! I mean I'd be stupid not to jump on that...right?

Link for anyone else who is interested!

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
14. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 17, 2012, 17:45 Tumbler

Awesome run up to the end so far. That info on the constellation was far more impressive than I expected. Upped my pledge to $250 ($255 total) and can't wait to go cruising through space in that beauty!

It looks like we're easily going to pass 4.5 which puts Cruisers in the game! I don't expect we'll see artwork for that before the end of this but I am really excited to see what they make for a cruiser. One of the Bombers already has 6 turrets! I would guess a cruiser will be bristling with guns! You can find $30 entry level donations if anyone is still interested by checking the site from time to time. As people up their pledges it frees up spots but I think $35 slots are still available at KS. Haven't checked in a while.

I'd love to see them cross 5 million, that would be amazing!

See you all on the other side. And if anyone else wants to contribute:

Link

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
20. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 17:27 Tumbler

Not too long ago, I was banned for 72 hours from WoW and received a final warning - for reasons unknown, so I couldnt know what I did wrong and because of that the final warning was as good as a soon to be permanent ban.
After a few days of talking with different GMs, one told me it was due to account sharing. I did not share my account, only my IP addresses change often, due to different locations and different PCs. So I told them that, but they still didnt listen. After 4 weeks I finally got a reply from a supervisor, who said he could confirm the stuff I claimed and that the final warning was canceled.

I have a laptop that I take between Home and the office. I also have Wifi and hard wired ports in my house and depending on where i have the laptop setup it might look like I"m hooked into new equipment all the time.

The online banking locations seem to only remember one or 2 places because they ask me those secondary security questions all the time. Steam was asking for that stuff a lot too but I guess they figured out how to store a few more locations because they rarely ask anymore.

That's really disgusting that they'd ban your account because you might be sharing. I might be using my laptop at a friends house too you fucking assholes! No sense in taking that chance, BANNED.

Great way to treat paying customers.

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 16:58 Tumbler

Long story short, I don't think anything has really changed at all.

Metacritic lists it as an 87. I fully expect it to get 100's from big guys like IGN, the difference is that there is enough input coming in that a more accurate score prevails. I'm not a big halo fan but it looks like a well made game that is fun for the fans and entertaining for others. If it's not blazing a new trail in every respect then I'm happy it doesn't cross the 90 line.

I think that is an improvement from last year when it seemed everyone was 90+..

Reviewing the big titles i can recall last year...perhaps you are right.
MW3 - 88, AC:R - 80, BF3 - 89, BM AC- 94, Elder Scrolls Skyrim - 96

Hmm, I guess I'm imagining things,

17. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 16:49 Tumbler

I remember an article released earlier this year that had an interesting point. Research showed that positive reviews didn't increase sales, but negative ones hurt sales.

Might be nothing but there was a bizarre turn of events with regard to hacking on the PC for Black Ops 2. Somebody uploaded a video clip showing a player using a hack (aimbot), was fairly obvious, and the guy was reporting it to Treyarch/Activision. A bit later the Video is taken down upon a dmca request/complaint (I think) and his youtube account was given a strike. (I assume of the 6 strike variety?)

Later this caught a lot of peoples attention and during a reddit AMA from a Black Ops 2 dev this guy asked them directly, why did you pull my video and give me a strike against my account?

The response was this:
"If can be impossible for the people who are watching this know the difference between people trying to get YouTube famous from hacking videos, and those intending to help. It's a pretty thing line."

To me this sounds like: "You're going to hurt our sales talking about Aimbots so shut the fuck up or we'll punish you."

Link
It's the top comment, and the reply is a few levels down. I think this supports your theory that bad reviews have much more effect than good ones. It's about silencing critics, not fluffing your scores in the end.

13. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 14:15 Tumbler

It would seem, to my eyes anyway, that the recent review site corruption dust up has scared a lot of outlets into treating games more objectively this holiday season. The biggest titles seem to be getting scores that feel more reasonable all things considered. Mid 80's is what I'd expect for games like Halo 4, AC3 and Black Ops 2. I expect them to be high quality titles but they're simply another version of an existing franchise and as such likely won't be reinventing the wheel.

The scores seem to be fair in my opinion. Xcom and Fifa 13 end up being the only 90's for the recent releases. I'm not sure I agree with Xcom getting a 90 though. I really enjoyed the game but once you beat it the game mechanics really start to annoy the crap out of me. And internal navigation (inside alien ships) is a fucking nightmare. I wonder when that dust up started... Xcom says oct 9th, looks like oct 12th was when that guy at eurogamer stepped down. So seems like xcom was under that umbrella of heavy publisher influence.

News Comments > Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch
1. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 10:42 Tumbler

I hope these guys get funded but I can't get past the 2d overhead screenshot. Although FTL was to the overhead so maybe ill regret this...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:49 Tumbler

Holy wall of text. Anyone know how widespread the whole disc 2 issue is? (it seems some people who have the pc version are finding that disc 2 is actually the mass effect 2, disc 2 when they pop it in the drive) Sounds like the duplication plant used the wrong image and so you have disc one of black ops 2 and disc 2 of mass effect 2. Correct artwork on disc though!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multiplayer Details
23. Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Details Nov 12, 2012, 05:40 Tumbler

I think the game sounds fantastic. The info on the project has become extremely hard to follow with Q/A's on Reddit, CR and team answering Q's on Kickstarter, answering Q's in live chat, etc. It's a maze of information but from what I've been able to follow this project looks awesome.

The SP game should be completed first and at this point it's looking like the MP game will launch 6 months later. I'm planning on putting together a new pc either with an oculus rift or with multi monitors and a track ir.

I also love all the shwag! There should be bomber jackets and all sorts of shirts and such on the site eventually too! $35 ain't that much people, I really don't see how you can go wrong here. $35 I think it what it takes right now.

Use my referral link!
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=32340

News Comments > BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic
11. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:57 Tumbler

Just the name Bioware is toxic now. GJ Bioware. I'm sure shipping ME3 when you did was all worth it though right? You made your money, no one will remember, just get ready for pre-orders on your next game! Bonus' are guaranteed! No worries guys, everything is fine, let's just keep up the good work!  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Funded
11. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Funded Nov 7, 2012, 14:13 Tumbler

I passed on this one. Happy to see it getting built. I'll look at it once it's done again. Very interesting idea. I don't much care for the theme. Rural british robots hunting you? Seems like an odd choice but I'm curious to see what they do.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
38. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 18:50 Tumbler

I'd love to see this game get made and if there are enough fans that want to pay that much then that is fantastic. I'd like to be one of the supporters but $15 USD is what I'm willing to do if I get a game at some point.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
29. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 14:20 Tumbler

$30 (approx) for a reward that gets the game. 60 day kickstarter!? Maybe they're going to release a ton more info but this project seems like it's not going anywhere.

I'm somewhat annoyed that SC chose the $30 starting price point to get the game instead of something lower like $20 or even $15. But they had a lot of stuff to show, they have big plans and the idea is to get everyone into an alpha inside of 12 months and a beta after that so at least there is something to consider with the $30 starting point. ($35 now I believe)

This project doesn't have anything to show. (right?) This is kind of like that Shadowrun MMO showing up right after Shadowrun funded. Feels a lot like that. Hey I can make a game too if you guys want?

Well you have 60 days to get something for us to look at...I would have said get that stuff ready first, then start the KS but maybe you didn't want to miss all the attention that is on SC right now?

News Comments > F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year
11. Re: F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year Nov 4, 2012, 21:48 Tumbler

Meh, good luck with C&C anything at this point.  

News Comments > Roberts on PC Star Citizen
4. Re: Roberts on PC Star Citizen Nov 3, 2012, 17:00 Tumbler

It's very exciting to be trying to use newer tech to build better experiences.

The Hornet, for example, can have a turret mounted in it, that turret can be locked to your pilots view so while you're turning in a dogfight and the nose of your ship is coming around you can be looking up aiming your turret and shredding some poor bastard while he's struggling to get guns on you. Add an Oculus Rift into that so you can just look freely anywhere you want and I'm spending lots of money!

It's nice to see someone willing to bet big on a PC game like this. Chris echoed my feelings in one of his speechs, he said that he often buys games on consoles because that is what they're made for. They make a pc version but everyone knows that the experience is intended for the console.

I'm very excited to see how using a complicated flight system and oculus rift is going to be in the game compared to using a keyboard and mouse or a controller. I would guess you'd need to tweak things to make each setup be fun so I'm wondering if there is going to be 3rd person view controls that people with controllers might like and maybe cursor follow controls for mouse and keyboard? It's all very cool to think about trying to make each way fun to play.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 2, 2012, 23:14 Tumbler

Aren't those collectable/valuable?

Heh, WC 1+2 clock in at 26MB. It takes a few seconds to transfer. I don't think anyone would want to have the files on a 5 1/4 or 3.5's! I think I'd prefer to have the box and contents and lose the discs.

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
7. Re: Disney Acquires LucasArts Oct 31, 2012, 15:32 Tumbler

I feel like Disney is getting this stuff for a bargain. I don't know how much stock is involved but the 4 billion in cash is a surprisingly low number. In the hands of the right people these IP's should be worth FAR more than that I think.

Lucas did an amazing job making the Star Wars and Indiana Jones IP look like shit in the past decade. I have to imagine this stuff was worth A LOT more before he started doing the clone wars stuff and Indiana Jones stuff.

For all I know he made more than enough to justify the drop in quality. The theaters were packed for each movie if I remember. I went and saw them...maybe he made more than enough to compensate for the drop in value of his company/companies. Plus he did those special editions...and I went and saw all those...didn't I? I can't remember, pretty sure I did.

I wonder if that Episode I 3d release was the straw that broke the camels back? I don't know anyone that saw that and I have to imagine that is kind of telling for Lucas.

I feel like we should be thanking him (Lucas) for selling. It's painful to see such a powerful and amazing franchise get such poor leadership.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Episode 7. Assuming this is the Heir to the empire trilogy I'll be very interested to see more details. If it's not and they're just making a new story I'd say we're in for more of the same.

That Zahn trilogy was amazing. So much awesome stuff in that. Put some money into a decent team that can do the story justice.

What do you do with all the people working at Lucasfilm/Arts right now? If you were serious about getting these IP's strong again it's hard not to just fire everyone and start over. Hire back people who you think will be good but I have to imagine those organizations are a product of Lucas' choices over the past 10 years.

6051 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo