Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6072 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 3, 2013, 13:19 Tumbler

That dev comment is just plain sad. If you're selling enough copies of your game to make it worth all the trouble of making it why does piracy suddenly make it not worth it?

I guess in his mind if piracy goes up then that means sales have to go down but I can't remember the last time I looked at a game I wanted to buy and said, "Well let's go see if I can pirate it first..." Assuming the game is priced correctly I'll just pay for it and be on my way.

Pay attention to your sales. That should be what you make decisions based on.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2013, 21:02 Tumbler

I want to know what they are offering for the games. Gift certs to where?

Edit: $25! No specifics on where to but they said something like a water park? I'd prefer cash, how about the city just cuts a check?

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2013, 21:20.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - WarBirds 2103
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - WarBirds 2103 Dec 20, 2012, 14:00 Tumbler

Woohoo! Future air combat is finall....son of a bitch. Was all pumped to see ufo's, hover cars, and flying battleships duking it out.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Dec 18, 2012, 13:42 Tumbler

The pricing seems odd, why not just offer it free to people who have subscribed? It costs $15 to subscribe for a month for most people i'm guessing, I would guess you'd get a lot more subscribers for a short time and net far more money that way than you will offering the expansion for $10 to subs and $20 to f2p'ers.

But maybe the name of the game is to squeeze the subbers as hard as you can. Pay us $15 AND $10! ($25!!!) The f2p's can just give us $20.

News Comments > EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM
24. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 13:33 Tumbler

Browsing through that AMA I'm struggling to find answers from the Devs. Maybe the most upvoted questions came to the top after the ama ended but to me it looks like the devs didn't want to respond to a lot of the questions. (A lot of the questions asked about Always online DRM)

Honestly it sounds fucking horrible for a game like that to have always online drm. I play civ V still and I love the long games and how immersed I'd get. At no point can I come up with a reason why making that game "online" would improve it.

It's already on steam so I have to launch that everytime I play it and it's a hassle if internet is out but that rarely happens. But having that hassle be something that could jump in at any time during a 6 hour game?!

This is just greed pushing this feature. We need more control! If we have more control we can make people pay us more money! Look at how much money you lose when people can still play Civ V without htat new expansion! That is free game time! We can be getting paid if was online only!

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2012, 13:47 Tumbler

The Swtor opinions are spot on. I was interested to go explore the game again when it went F2P but then I went looking over the rules and restrictions. It was exhausting. It seemed like more fun to just not play than it did to try and understand what you could do as F2P.

What they should have done is just made playing PvP and running PvE flashpoints more than 1x per day cost money. (cartel coins) Subs get to play with no limits. New content via cartel coins. Subs get cartel coins for a discount (you get $20 worth of Cartel Coins each month for $15 for example), F2P can buy them at the normal price. Make new content to sell each month and collect the money.

KISS.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

You forgot to mention that if you aren't subbed, ie. F2P, you can only do 3 missions (including failures to complete) per fucking week...

Honestly, I reckon serial pedophiles have more decency than EA/Bioware at this point. This game didn't have a hell of a lot of credibility to being with, but it's really plunged to the bottom of the barrel...

I tried one of the heroics today with my all purple ship (no idea what level it is, but it was max level of everything a month after go live) and didn't last more than a minute. Most of the objective ships I couldn't even scratch (literally half of 150 odd missiles blown to shoot down 6 bombers). It's the same old shit with higher level requirements.

Now I'm curious to know how much they want for those packs of level 7 ship items. Not interested in paying them for that stuff but considering how much time they expect you to put into running those missions to get that gear I wonder what they're hoping you'll do instead...

Logging in...

Edit: It's about $10 to get all the items you need. I think the offense and defense packs should make it possible to do the missions with ease. I was able to purchase a beam generator which upped my damage by 100 per shot and that seemed to make it possible to shoot and kill a few things. Playing on a multi monitor setup sucks though because one side of the screen has the cursor fly off and you stop moving.

the mission I tried was the asteroid / mine one which is really annoying as hell currently. I'll try some others later. Haven't run into the limit you mentioned, I've done the mission 2x and failed both times at almost hte same spot :(.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2012, 15:08.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 00:28 Tumbler

Hmm, I'll be interested to see the heroic space missions. That ship explosion is something I felt they should have had in those mission all along. The capital ships had all sorts of points to take out but in the end nothing happened.

I'm hoping that it will be possible to blow up larger ships instead of just turning into flaming wrecks.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Delayed
21. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 15:03 Tumbler

Meh, lost interest in this game. I'll look at it when it comes out, on to other things.  

News Comments > Creative Assembly Making Warhammer Games
11. Re: Creative Assembly Making Warhammer Games Dec 6, 2012, 13:34 Tumbler

Total war with the WH license? Sounds very interesting.  

News Comments > "All Hands on Deck" for New Mass Effect 3 DLC
2. Re: Dec 5, 2012, 20:45 Tumbler

Pretty much every ME3 DLC writer here in Edmonton is involved.

Top tier talent I'm sure. The ME3 DLC writers are the best of the best! And the voice acting of Seth Green!? OMG BIOWARE IS BACK!

News Comments > Star Citizen Interview
2. Re: Star Citizen Interview Dec 3, 2012, 19:34 Tumbler

This was fun to watch. It's refreshing to hear this kind of talk when a game is being built as opposed to the weird marketing approved talk mixed with a healthy dose of "I signed an NDA and could get fired if I say the wrong thing."  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Funded
2. Re: Sir, You Are Being Funded Dec 3, 2012, 13:26 Tumbler

I'm very interested to see the finished product. I didn't fund it but I can see this becoming a huge hit ala minecraft assuming the worlds are procedurally generated. I can see this being crazy fun if it's done right.

I wonder what Minecraft would have looked like if he did a kickstarter? The point when I joined up the game seemed pretty far along, technically in beta I believe, and you could watch let's play clips on you tube.

I'm very curious to compare how games looked when doing their kickstarters compared to when they were completed. I think it's going to be really cool to see the kinds of things that get gamers / funders interested enough to jump on board versus pass. Some folks like Proj Eternity have little more than concept art while others have presentations that show prototype gameplay (planetary annihilation) and both get funded while others do not.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC Dec 3, 2012, 13:20 Tumbler

Is this an RTS? I thought this was a wing commander style space sim game. Reading the details maybe it's a 4x game? Screenshots look very pretty but I can't really figure out what I'll be doing in the game exactly.

44/100 score? OUCH.

*Watches video on steam* Ok, so it's a 4x game where you get to build your ships and fight. Hmmm, looks like many games I've funded on kickstarter and I can play this today!

So...anyone think this is worth $20? I didn't much care for the art until that big purple ship showed up...maybe I'll go find some let's play video's of this.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 15:24 Tumbler

Right now the biggest technical problem with this game is lag and fps. When there are lot of players on screen, it's like all your shots don't register against your enemies, you have to empty whole clips into people to kill them. While in smaller battles, each shot seems to register and hit.

Just ran into this a min ago. Thought I'd pop in for a quick game, deployed to a based under attack, went to capture a flag. Got it, then went to a corner, crouched, and waited. (I knew someone would come running in to check on it) A few moments later someone comes in, runs right in front of me, I'm aiming down the sites, hvy with reflex scope, top tier gun, plus 2nd grip, open up on this guy into his back, he spins and starts straffing back and forth, I pop on my energy shield ability and he kills me.

There would be no chance if lag wasn't so screwed up in the game. You're better off moving while you fire which is stupid. You shouldn't be accurate when you're standing and moving around but with the way lag works the enemy player needs to lead you by a small amount in the direction you're moving so that means shooting at the air and when you straff back and forth it almost makes more sense to just spray back and forth.

Shotguns are hilarious up close. It should end someone with ease but since you only get one shot to hit someone if you do't predict where they'l be in half a second you're just blasting away at them and you should be hitting but you aren't.

Ugh, so frustrating. It's not very common, in most cases you're at a decent range but when it does happen it sucks.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 28, 2012, 13:08 Tumbler

Arkham City is FREE!? AWESOME! (PSN+)  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 12:52 Tumbler

I'm having a great time in Planetside 2. Nice to see someone still making large open battlefield games. PS2 is what I wanted out of BF3. They need to work on the controls for air power though, fucking awful. You can roll your aircraft sideways and it still fly's straight... doesn't even turn. (bank 30 deg to the left, you should be slowly turning left)

I tried setting up my gamepad to see if that made it any easier (than keyboard / mouse) and my god that was the weirdiest experience I've ever had. Nothing moved and operated how I thought it should. My mind could not adjust to the controls it wanted from me with the game pad. It works ok on the keyboard though...

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 17:48 Tumbler

I love the kick starter system. To me it feels like a choose the price you want to pay. A game like project eternity I only want to spend $15, so I did. But a game like star citizen I want to spend tons more and making so many choices available is great! T-shirts, models posters, USB sticks,I love all the options. Its like a build your own collectors edition.

The choose your an price bundles seem to be popular with gamers and even those try and offer incentives to spend more.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends
28. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 12:39 Tumbler

I doubt I'll ever get into the "MMO" servers though, mainly due to the give-aways from the funding drive.

I can't wait for the online world BECAUSE of the giveaways! I want to go get in huge furballs with a Corvette guarded by connies while dozens of pirates ships attack from all sides! I want to dock on that big beautiful ship and kill the crew and take it for myself!

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
50. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 17:07 Tumbler

I'd be very interested to see what someone at the beginning of these projects on the publisher side is used to seeing when they pitch something like this.

Do the video's and such that they've created so far match up to a project that would get strong funding? (ignore the genre issues)

One of the most impressive things in all this is how well they turned this around from the start. That first week or so was rough. Not a lot of info, the website wasn't working well, then once they jumped on board kickstarter it seemed like they got their feet under them. The AmA happened, a lot of questions were answered via the forums, via the kickstarter page, just a ton of communication with the community and I think that filled in a lot of the holes people were seeing.

It seems like ancient history when we hit that first stretch goal on KS and earned a repair robot! Woohoo. That seemed to frustrate people more than anything but the updates and ever increasing communication helped a lot.

That last week when they dropped the Constellation artwork and then it seemed like every day they had something new. An amazing finish to a campaign I felt really uneasy about early on.

6072 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo