Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6077 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 3 Crisis Averted
15. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 13:27 Tumbler

It's started to feel like all these shenanigans around Sim City and now crysis 3 are just an excuse to let people know about these games. Like some sort of backwards marketing attempt. If people get all up in arms about it I guess that would be a good sign as that means a lot of people want to buy it?

Hard for me to believe either one of these games is as popular as these silly issues make them appear.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video
14. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 17:20 Tumbler

Crysis 3? Who knows.

So far it seems a lot like Crysis 2. I find this game hard to look at. At a glance you might think, WOW! Look how awesome that looks!" But then you start running around and you get these blur effects, everything seems way too busy, you try and aim down your sights, a red dot sit that is supposed to be helpful and it feels like it's in the way more than anything else...

This game definitely taxes my system but Nvidia is really pissing me off lately. They just released a set of drivers that is supposed to help with this game but they don't support my card. (560M GTX) Not only that but the previous 3 releases don't fucking work!? Half the games I try and play simply crash at launch with almost no explanation.

Rolling all the way back to 306.97 (4 version back I believe) and things finally start working again but WTF?!

12. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 15:23 Tumbler

Crysis MP has never been very good. Crysis 1 they tried to create a brand out of called crysis wars and it was trying to be a Battlefield sort of game but it never felt quite right. Everyone was a super soldier so it kind of loses the cooperative classes stuff that generally makes the BF series more than just a shooting match.

Crysis 2 they tried to make it like Call of Duty but I think the theme hurt them more than anything else. Most every map was of a destroyed building or place in new york and of course everyone is a super soldier again. You could outfit your guy with different weapons but I don't think they did a lot of balance testing because the standard rifle seemed to be able to kill better than anything else. Maybe their lag coding wasn't good, I don't know, I just found the experience utterly boring.

Crysis 3? Who knows.

11. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 15:12 Tumbler

Hmm, seems like a missed opportunity for Origin to make themselves look good in this whole beta sign up process.

I popped open origin expecting to see it either already in my games list or on the front page of the store and nothing. The full game is there to pre-order. If you click the demo tab the beta is there.

The default way from the website appears to be a link you open in origin which makes the whole process feel clunky.

Steam's free trial stuff, free weekend, whatever is much better, game is simply in your list, no fuss, just pop it up and say install. It's a small thing but something origin should work on.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
16. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 13:29 Tumbler

To demand or expect extra content or higher quality assets absolutely requires the pc market to generate greater revenue than the console market. That's ultimately what it boils down to.

This is probably reality. EA is trying to get this game shipped while spending as little money as possible. Testing things on the PC platform probably isn't the most effective way to make money. I would guess that the consoles will be the majority of sales so the pc gets bare bones support because it costs money.

Doesn't mean anyone on the pc has to like it but it also doesn't mean the devs/pubs care enough to spend that money. (if people complain) They'll start caring when they think that they will make less money if they do not provide better pc features. Clearly they don't think that is the case.

Vote with your wallet.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer
9. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 17:08 Tumbler

If so i'll save 1 & 2 for the summer gaming drought.

I thought the first one was great. The ending wasn't great but the experience of playing the game up to that point was excellent.

The second didn't feel right as a story. It was kind of like hitting the reset button and you play through almost the same general story in a new location...but somehow it seems highly unlikely that these events would be happening they way they imply. I'm trying not to spoil anything but the 2nd one failed for me because it felt like the devs just wanted to make the same experience over again in a new place. It would be like watching the sequel of a movie....wait...

It's like Die Hard. It's EXACTLY like Die Hard. Every movie is John McClane doing the same shit in a different place. The first Die Hard is awesome, the second one is a little hard to believe but, meh whatever, it's fun. The third...wtf is this nonsense, ok it's a movie, whatever, then the fourth one shows up and you're like "he's fighting a Hover Jet?!" And now another one comes out and oh ok, so he's doing all this shit again!

Judging by my experience with the first and second one expect Dead Space 3 to be like Die Hard 3. (Murica never dies or some shit like th...no that was 4, Die Harder?) Fuck it, Dead Hard 3.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer
5. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 13:14 Tumbler

I look forward to getting this on the cheap. I'd pay $5...maybe even $10 but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a copy by trading and maybe be out of pocket $5-$10.

Hell I could just watch a let's play video in about a week and save myself the trouble of getting a copy.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 28, 2013, 13:12 Tumbler

I started watching this youtube video last night and couldn't finish, I think I got about 20 min into it, it looks like a skype video call where Chris Taylor talks about the changes that had to happen at Gas Powered Games and it goes into a lot of detail about what they were dealing with and the options they had. A lot of detail here I've never heard people talk about.

At one point he described times in the past where they had to let people go but couldn't afford any severance so he'd offer them computers, chairs, anything they might want that they had in the office.

More recently he asked people to start using PTO days in hopes of reducing the debt the company had on the books in hopes of making hte company stronger but who wants to take time off during a time like this?

It sounds like the Kickstarter failing to fund is going to be a huge problem and instead of waiting until it's too late he, or the company, laid off tons of people to try and save money, or reduce expenses, no idea what they have planned for the future.

As a kickstarter fan I'm shocked they thought the presentation they made would have worked in the first place. It was all concept art and a logo. And the thing that screwed them hardest in my opinion was the logo and art put forward for the title. It looks like a mobile game at first glance. It's just terrible. It looks like the art style of Age of Empires Online which is probably because that is their last game and that image is still fresh in everyones mind.

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
1. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 16:17 Tumbler

Anyone have something to compare these numbers against? Is 26 million for relic a lot? 22 mill for volition and metro?  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage
3. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 15:16 Tumbler

I might get interested in this IP again when all three games are out and at a bundle $45.99

I think I'm about ready to buy the first one, I was hoping to get it for under $10 but stopped looking a while back. The SP side seemed interesting with the unit upgrades you could get as you play.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Cave
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Cave Jan 23, 2013, 14:35 Tumbler

Between this and Strike Suit Zero, I'm glad Friday's payday...

Strike Suit Zero is done?! Why didn't I fund this!!! WHY!!!!

Is this a beta or is it going up for sale in the next day or two?

News Comments > Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision
2. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 12:29 Tumbler

Wait...Sega bought Relic?
Edit: Ah I see, Sega is expected to buy Relic. That makes way....more...where am I?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:32 Tumbler

Was it really only 1 year difference between that awesome Skyrim hotel poster thing and the Elder Scrolls Online hotel poster? What a terrible feeling it was to see that there...

Bu...b...what about the Elders Scrolls. You're not making anymore elder scrolls games? You're making lots of money doing those games, why are you making that? Do you owe money to the mob? Why would you do something this stupid? Does EA own the Elder Scrolls IP now? Is that what happened? This is a joke right? We're close to April so this is a joke...

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
34. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 13:01 Tumbler

This is a game I would not have bought anyway, but there are actually a number of games that I actually would really like to have played that I passed on for various reasons (usually DRM).

I haven't been paying much attention to this game but if they build in some sort of horde mode that lets you build up a characters weapons as you play then I'd be willing to jump in. Something that has always bugged me about this game is that once you start upgrading weapons I feel compelled to stick with those weapons. I'd like someway to experiment with the weapons in a firing range where you get limited ammo, and one upgrade for each round. Each round you get some ammo and another upgrade node. This way I could play with each of the weapons without spoiling the story. I hate the fact that you can't learn more about the weapons outside of experiencing the story. I don't think the MP did this in DS 2 but it's possible i missed it. I found DS 2's MP mode to be very boring.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
30. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 12:37 Tumbler

Ahh and this game sounded like it was going to be so good! (sarcasm)  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 16, 2013, 14:37 Tumbler

Hey hey HEY! Only companies get to outsource their work asshole. You can't just outsource you're work to someone else and pass it off as your own. That is immoral.

Now I've got to go teach some kids in india how to talk like an American citizen so that our customers think they're talking to someone here when their TV stops working. That's just good business right there. Of course I'm in America sir, I live in Ohio, now let me reset your cable modem and see if that fixes the problem. No, ok can you pull out the network cable from wall jack? Does it work now? No, ok can you...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2013, 11:41 Tumbler

It's the same lead time the 360 got. Announced in May, on shelves for Christmas. The PS3 was announced the same day but released a year later, which many felt hurt them by reducing PS2 sales and giving the 360 a year of momentum over the PS3.

I don't think the year head start is what hurt them. Lack of games and a price tag that didn't seem to be justified hurt that system. The games didn't look good enough to ask for an extra $200. Plus many of the exclusive titles got delayed (gran turismo) or chopped up, warhawk, to the point of being different games.

All the titles that caught my attention didn't show up until at least a year after launch. That wasn't he case on the 360. Going forward they need a strong launch lineup.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition
3. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 13:12 Tumbler

I half expecting something cool like a statue of a guy in an upgraded suit or something...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 9, 2013, 14:17 Tumbler

Hmm, my father has been asking for a sliding Tablet like this for ages. $1300 is nuts though. I would think you can get a Nexus 10 plus keyboard for much less. Will have to keep an eye on these, he has a Birthday in Feb, would be a good present I think...$1300...ugh.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 17:46 Tumbler

I would expect by the end of 2013 we will see most games on PS3 / 360 being ported to Wii U as well so most large games ship on all three platforms. The Wii U's hardware always made it seem like they were trying to slide into the cross platform gaming market where CoD and Assassin's Creed are. (for example) Considering most of the games that came at launch were already out long before the wii u versions I would expect a game like crysis 3 to have all it's resources devoted to the 360/ps3 versions (and the "pc" one) and then after it ships they'd make it on wii u if that even made financial sense.  

6077 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo