Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 5982 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 11:08 Tumbler

I can't shake the feeling that EA would rather shut down this MMO completely before they let it go F2P.

Even that free trial thing they offered up to level 15 was a badly implemented feature. You have to start a new account and I think it ends after 14 days? I was hoping to get back into the game just to see what had changed and maybe start a few new characters and run them up to 15.

But noooo, no we can't let just anyone play to 15! They're just so disconnected from reality. They're like a car manufacturer that doesn't drive. They live in a world with teleporters and hover boards or some shit like that and they're trying to build cars for people drive. It's all so predicatable to see what is going on at bioware. Nothing is going to get better. The total dollars paid out by EA to the staff at bioware will likely take a huge step down so they'll see this as a win and they'll make more money on their games in the future!

Yeah...I'm sure that is going to happen.

That new C&C title and dragon age III? This is going to be awesome to watch. Oh and I'm sure they got a few more ME3 DLC's waiting.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
8. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 3, 2012, 21:16 Tumbler

The game looks better with the mod. It looks a lot better. I was ready to go install it and play it again if it looked like that then DICE comes out and says they'll ban you for using that?

Ok, I won't play. See ya later.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 11:08 Tumbler

What this looks like is they just want to package up the existing items into one box. No changes in the retail products, just a new coat of paint for the discs and a box.

Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon.

The ps3 version of ME2 shipped with several DLC items on the disc: Shadow broker / Overlord / lost memory / Cereberus code so I'll bet the reason they aren't mentioning that is because they are just going to stay quiet about the extra content on the PS3 ME2 disc so that PC / 360 fans don't get upset that they are not getting those in this package.

Or they could be planning to create a new version of the ps3 ME2 game and remove the DLC.

I picked up a copy of ME3 for $10 on PS3 at best buy recently and I can get a new copy of ME2 for approx $15. If I buy that PSN version of ME1 for PS3 at $15 that comes to a whopping $40. Without the DLC rounding out this package $60 is just expecting consumers to pay you an extra $20 for a box. And does anyone like these fold out boxes? I'm much happier with either a case that hold multiple discs or multiple cases. These fancy paper fold out things are annoying as hell.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
7. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 13:15 Tumbler

I'll throw in $20. I was on the fence but watching the technology demo the ships fighting in their video clip is stuff I'm all for. Big spaces ships fighting in space, we need more of that.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2012, 13:46 Tumbler

Can you apologize now for committing crimes and that is good enough? That explains a lot, the driving I see on a day to day basis makes far more sense now. I'm sorry I ran this red light, bye bye! Sorry I robbed you, see u next time.

Perhaps we should start punishing crimes? I know that can seem extreme but I just really hate most crimes. Sorry for being a crimist. (like a racist)

News Comments > Mass Effect Trilogy Announced
9. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 23:22 Tumbler

Just checked origin, 60% sale on many games, you buy all three on PC and they will cost $30. (right now)

But this package is $60!? If they include all the dlc then I can understand this but looking at the contents I don't see extra discs. First game is 1 disc, 2nd and 3rd game are 2 discs each, so seems unlikely.

I love the product image where is says Exclusive Artwork! It's the fucking box! Do they expect you to display it open like that on a shelf? Why can't they include a poster or something, a t-shirt. Can you get anymore barebones than this offering? We made a BOX!!! It holds all the discs!!! For only $60!? Why do you have to suck so bad Bioware? Put something in this package that makes it interesting. How about making the box big enough to hold and 8.5 x 11 artwork thing that you can frame. Make it all nice and shiny. Throw in an N7 patch. How about a keychain that looks like a sniper rifle? Doesn't the new ending have all these stills that people really liked? He here is a crazy idea, print those on high quality paper and put those in.

Jeez, these guys could learn a thing or two from kickstarter.

News Comments > Mass Effect Trilogy Announced
2. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 20:27 Tumbler

$60 seems laughable for this. I bought the first on on steam for $5 and the second on amazon for $7.50. Origin sales have it super cheap often seems like this is asking a lot.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Passes $2M; Adds $2.3M Goal
8. Re: Project Eternity Passes $2M; Adds $2.3M Goal Sep 26, 2012, 16:25 Tumbler

Seems like they're scrambling to come up with stretch goals. Guys, they passed the 2.0m mark, what do we do now? Game Modes! We'll, dammit they passed that, uh uh...wallpaper, airbrushed wallpaper, ok that bought us a little ti- PASSED, alright then high res stones on the paths. We're going to build the best looking paths this world has eve- passed, shit, well ok then, in game karaok- passed, mother fucker, ok dragon- passed, you didn't even let me finish!, ok fine, roofs, we're going to make a dozen different roof types for your hou- passed. Jesus people, how much money are you going ot give us? We budgeted for 1.5, what are we going to do with all this money!?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Massive Fury Pack
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Massive Fury Pack Sep 25, 2012, 16:31 Tumbler

Can anyone confirm if these packs are compatible with older versions of the game? IE can someone who buys this pack still play with everyone else if they have the pack or not? Assuming yes then this isn't the worst thing ever but considering this is the 3rd pack for $10 it's pretty sad.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
51. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 16:16 Tumbler

My daughter made me sing about Panda's this Morning,

When Panda's get up in the morning they always say good day, When panda's get up in the morning they always say good day.

Growl Growl Growl Growl that is what they say.

Growl growl growl growl that is what they say.

That's all I got to say about Panda's.

News Comments > Might & Magic: Heroes VI Gold Edition This Week
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes 6 Gold Edition This Week Sep 24, 2012, 17:12 Tumbler

Steam Summmer Sale 2013, I should get a list started or something. Wonder if they have a wishlist in steam. Hmmm it appears they don't even sell this game on steam. LOL...oh ubi.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Video Overload
1. Re: Assassin's Creed III Video Overload Sep 24, 2012, 16:18 Tumbler

*Blackout mode*

Going dark on this game.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
13. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 16:17 Tumbler

They've plainly stated that Company of Heroes 2 isn't about different, it's about new and more. I only hope they're able to stick to that.

Company of Heroes online 2!!! Now with tons more shit!

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third The Full Package In November
1. Re: Saints Row: The Third The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 13:25 Tumbler

Steam Summer Sale 2013 here I come!

Edit: To be fair there is something you could do to this that might make be buy it sooner and closer to $50. I've heard that the dLC packs are these little separate mini games that use a lot of interesting stuff but you can't use that stuff in the main game.

Change that so everything is inside the same "game" and I might just buy this for my pc. (I believe it is this way because memory limitations of consoles meant anything they added in these dlc packs had to had something removed from the main games memory for it to work.)

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
11. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo Sep 24, 2012, 12:38 Tumbler

Downloading, will give this a shot.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
9. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 12:23 Tumbler

This game looks like a gigantic train wreck.

It's like they're trying to release F2P games for $60. Diablo 3 did it, so can we!

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2012, 12:48.

News Comments > Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure Funded
3. Re: Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure Funded Sep 23, 2012, 23:17 Tumbler

Finish Broken Sword, then make a separate kickstarter for BASS2.

This. I am anxious to throw money at BASS2 but I didn't like the idea of combining it with this game.

News Comments > Kickstarter Policy Changes
5. Re: Kickstarter Policy Changes Sep 21, 2012, 11:41 Tumbler

John wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 11:16:
Another game on Kickstarter that looks promising is Blackspace.

Thanx for the heads up! In for $15.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 13:55 Tumbler

I'd hate to be the guy that convinced the board of directors that a current gen Star Wars themed mmo is going to make us billions of dollars because the genre is booming and there are no signs of subscription-based mmos dying anytime soon. What a bunch of dumbasses. Do they even play games?

Eh...I think this was a good idea at the start that just got executed poorly. When it was launched it was basically an amusement park with a lot of broken rides. Leadership needed to recognize the importance of getting less content completed to an acceptable level rather than getting as much content started as possible and then expecting players to just stick around while they finished building it all.

The flashpoints were a cool idea but were essentially broken because you have to get this very specific group together to run them. Why couldn't the flashpoint adjust difficulty to match the players coming in. If there are 4 Imperial agents that want to run a flashpoint then tweak the difficulty so they can do it.

The PvP matching system worked great...for imperials! Took very little time to start a game...but then there were 3 maps!?

Space combat looked good for most of the game then abruptly stopped once you hit 50. You make me wait till lvl 50 to use proton torpedoes then there is nothing to use them on!?

The side kick companion system was working well until you get a healer...then there is no point in using anything else! And you get 5 or 6? of them and can only use one...why not let players use all of them at once on special missions!? (or at least 3)

So many things were moving in the right direction and just never got fleshed out.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

This situation reminds me of DA2 where the companies behind the game decided that spending anymore money on making dlc/content for the game was futile and simply shut everything down.

Feels like someone pulled the plug for the ME3 DLC train a long time ago and these weird fragments that were done or close to done are dropping. I'm sure they're hard at work on ME4.

Shepard wakes up from a dream, goes the council. I've seen how this will end! You have to listen to me! I've seen HORRIBLE THINGS! The reapers...the reapers are nothing. It's the fans! We have to do something about the fans!

5982 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo