Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6247 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 16:37 Tumbler

Titanfall isn't a launch title?

Oh man.

NOPE. June 1 2014 is listed on Amazon...and I have to wonder if MS isn't going for teh full PS3 repeat and that will get pushed back.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
28. Re: Evening Previews Sep 12, 2013, 16:23 Tumbler

I'm stocking up for my Birthday (Oct 2nd)
Just bought
Saint's Row 4 PC on 99 gamers
Red Dead Redemption GOTY PS3 on 99 gamers
Diablo 3 PS3 99 gamers

Still need to buy one more game....can't remember the name...it's right on the tip of my tongue....

Oh and I bought Rogue Legacy on steam today! ($8!)

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 15:34 Tumbler

I feel like my chances of seeing a price drop on the Xbox One are good before Titanfall comes out so I'm 99.99% sure I'll be waiting to buy a 180.

I can see MS riding this thing until Titanfall releases though expecting all the naysayers to finally jump on board when that game arrives. (price be damned!) I hope the holiday sales force their hand sooner but we'll have to wait and see.

Plus if the PC version works well on a controller...the fuck am I buying a 180 for at all then?

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 17:56 Tumbler

Wish there was a way to list things for sale on Amazon to people in Argentina!  

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
35. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:46 Tumbler

Not remotely useful in real practice.

"simultaneous usage of an account's library is not allowed" = dealbreaker

Do you stay logged into steam 24/7? I think my library would be very useful to others since i'm logged out of it a lot. The fact that I can always login in and get access to my library if needed seems like the only thing I'd care about.

I wonder if my friends list will turn into a "who's offline list!" Oh Tumbler's Online, well maybe he's just in a quick game of...civ V...fuuuucccckkkkk.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
28. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:22 Tumbler

Hunh, it sounds like I can let someone else use anything in my library as long as I'm not online. Maybe it's if I'm playing something.

I have Metro Last light, someone wants to play that, I enable him/her, I log off and do something else, they can play my games. If I login later it lets them know I need my library back and I'm good.

Hmmm, sounds like it's time to make some friends!

This is hilarious considering the 180 hinted at offering something like this.

*Valve* ...so you're NOT doing that?! BRB! FAMILY SHARING BITCH!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 00:16 Tumbler

Does failing cert for sound issues seem bizarre to anyone else? Maybe it happens but I wouldn't think sound is a big hurdle.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
21. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 13:22 Tumbler

I'd be more excited to see them build a variety of different starter level ships and make those an option for players who are in the Aurora or the 300i. They already do have some variants of the 300i but I believe they all increase the cost. Having other options at the starter level or just above would be a smart move.  

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
45. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 20:21 Tumbler

You buy games as a gift. If you do this steam asks you if you want add it to your inventory. I do this with sale items I buy but don't immediately want to play. I bought just cause 2 this way on sale and later traded it.

Games you've added to your library are yours forever.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
39. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 17:05 Tumbler

This is very exciting. Thanx to trading sites like 99gamers I've been purchasing digital game via steam and other means (humble bundle) and you can list them for trade but it's a little clumsy actually making the trade.

Currently it's really hard to browse for games in peoples inventory thanx to the fucking trading cards. Games show as steam items just like trading cards so there is no way to know if a person even has games to trade.

My account, for example, has strike suit zero Mega Bundle and Organ trail in my inventory but so far I haven't even found a friend who has a game in their inventory to trade.

I hope at some point they can allow us to earn a badge or something, maybe having current CC info with a purchase in the last 30 days?, and then there will be a way to browse inventories of everyone who has that badge and make offers.

I'd love to see what people would be willing to trade for Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle rather than adding it to my library!

Steam code stuff you'll still have to trade outside of this system because the only way to use a steam code is to add it to your library, you can only trade items that were originally purchased on steam.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Sep 4, 2013, 20:13 Tumbler

War thunder is far better than world of planes. They are also building a ground game (tanks) and naval vessels so it's possible the world of tanks guys are about to drive off a cliff. It's hard to believe they'll be in trouble on the tank side but world of warplanes is a mess and war thunder is running great.  

News Comments > DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight Preorders/Beta
3. Re: DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight Preorders/Beta Sep 4, 2013, 19:56 Tumbler

Ooo, that will be fun to sit in and push buttons.  

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 15:52 Tumbler

I thought for sure they'd announce same day as COD release day, and at worst they should launch the same day as PS4...a week later? You're just asking people to go buy a PS4 instead. A week of not having the newest shit when you have can it right now for $100 less?!

Maybe they're thinking that since all the PS4's will be sold out that people will just buy the 180 because it's the only thing they can buy and everything will be ok...

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 13:27 Tumbler

PS3 did 7. It was pointless.

For having controllers connected yes but I think all the other alternate controllers you can have are the main difference. I have a media remote, a logitech thing that the PS3 thinks is a remote, plus I have move controllers. I don't know if I hit 7 at one time but if the system can only remember up to 7 total it makes sense to have up to 8 on the Xbox.

I don't want to have to resync my move controller or remote after I use too many controllers.

It would be a big deal if the xbox did not support 7-8 contollers. As is it's just another check in a box same as it would be on PS4.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced
8. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 13:24 Tumbler

Seems odd they are making a FPS right after someone made Space Hulk. I figured this was DLC until I read the details. Deathwing is very cool stuff, when I first started playing 40k I painted my Terminators as Deathwing Terminators. They are part of the Dark Angels Chapter of marines and are considered the elite of the Terminator Squads in all the Chapters. I think they specialize in Space Hulk assaults. (clearing Genestealers out of space ships)

I hope it's good but Space Marine was underwhelming and that came on the heels of DoW2. (also disappointing ultimately) CoH2 is an odd game, didn't buy it, don't want it, so I'm not anxious to see what this becomes.

I do love 40k so I'll give it a look at some point. Terminator Armor was the big thing missing from Space marine, felt wrong to get to the end of that game and not have a 1 on 1, Termi on Termi with that end boss. What they did instead was...sad. A disgrace to the Emperor.

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
26. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 20:59 Tumbler

I don't think star citizen will anymore p2w than world of tanks or war thunder. You can buy stuff and get deeper into the game faster but the stuff you earn in game is better and you're matched with players of similar level. I don't think people who bought hornets and constellations are going to be finding auroras and other starter ships nearly as much as other hornets and constellations. (or worse those destroyers)

Plus if combat is done well and fights are lethal for everyone involved, it shouldn't matter if your ship is less than others, if you have guns on target that ship is toast.

War thunder does this extremely well, you may lose 1 v 1 fights but both of you are prob going to be torn apart by the 15 other guys around.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Aug 29, 2013, 16:12 Tumbler

Trying to give myself a full day off on my birthday this year, Oct 2. Going to be this game all day. Kids hopefully going to parents for 2 night sleep over the day before, dawn till dusk game a thon. I'd stay up all night but..heh, 10pm is about as long as my body goes.

Maybe I should plan on renting a few games from red box too. Just in case.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 13:43 Tumbler

MS seems willing intent on spending their way out of this mess that is the 180. Hopefully after launch their checkbook will get taken away by MS Corp and they won't be able to keep messing with third party DLC and early content nonsense. I'm getting sick of your shit MS.

I really need to list my 360 with Kinect for sale....

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
12. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 13:37 Tumbler

I'm curious enough to rent the game on PS3 when it comes out. Why can't we have an offline mode for the pc where we can summon ai mates like you can in Dragon's Crown? I have no interest in that fucking auction house and it affects everything about loot drops in "MY GAME". The actual instance where I play doesn't affect anyone. I just want to be able to mess around and have fun and I have no interest in using my awesome loot against others or selling it or trading it, WTF blizzard?

Just make an offline mode and let people who own the game play the way to have fun. No one wants to grind for gold and manage auctions to get their loot.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 28, 2013, 17:44 Tumbler

Looking at the 180 today and what we are expecting at launch it would make complete sense if they were planning on a 2014 launch and Sony surprised them. MS seems he'll bent on pushing the kinect so I'm still puzzled why they don't have a pack in killer app that requires kinect. It's hard to believe they didn't intend on having something so if this is a rush to market maybe the Kinect games aren't ready to show. (my god how much Shit must a first party kinect only dev be dealing with right now) GIVE ME SOMETHING, FINISH IT, I HAVE YOUR KIDS, GIVE ME A GAMER TO SELL!  

6247 Comments. 313 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo