Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6111 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2013, 14:43 Tumbler

Does the game work at this point? I don't hear the same kinds of complaints from random threads so my impression is that people are playing the game and it's "working" but I get the impression very few have anything great to say about the experience.

Anyone have comments on playing the game?

I've purchased Tropico 4, Anno 2070 and Sim City 4 Deluxe for a total of $36 so far. EA definitely got me to spend money, playing Sim City sounds fun but not the one they offer.

The cities need to be at least 4x larger than they are now, and ideally those huge regions that have 16 plots, that whole area should be only divided into 4 spots, that amount of area would be fun to make a city on.

These little postage stamp cities are ridiculous.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3: Awakened
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3: Awakened Mar 12, 2013, 14:38 Tumbler

So this is a side mission you do on that snow planet? Does the Terra Nova ship have some meaning to the universe I'm not aware of?

*checking Wiki*

Hunh, this is already a ship you spend some time on in the main game. It's a plot point before you go down to the planet, weird why you'd be going back to that. I'm confused.

News Comments > Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine
10. Re: Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine Mar 12, 2013, 14:33 Tumbler

Hmm, hopefully this doesn't affect the double fine kickstarter project in some way. Hopefully this is just a post "The Cave" change. I don't think that game sold very well but I can only speak for my own wallet.  

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
74. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:26 Tumbler

What's crazy to me is that as bad as the drm is actually seeing the game is worse. Browsing the /r/Simcity reddit thread has all these pictures of cities and they are all so tragically small. Then the issue of traffic and emergency services, the work you put in only equalling those tiny cities is the biggest issue I see with the game.  

News Comments > SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused
3. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 15:56 Tumbler

GMG sent me an email today saying:

Hey tumbler,

As you probably guessed by the colorful picture above, SimCity is out now! So don your mayoral sash and get ready to run your very own city.
SimCity Limited Edition's availability has been extended past pre-purchase and is now available until 11th March! If you buy SimCity now, you will also get to choose either $10 GMG Credit or $7 Cash Back leaving you with more money to spend on other amazing deals on GMG!

Brood Bad timing I guess.

Well technically it is "out" (of order)

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2013, 13:30 Tumbler

For Anno, it checks and limits to three installs. The latest patch removed the limitation of counting an activation if you swapped out a graphics card for a different one:

Anno is down to $16 on amazon, boxed copy shipped. I believe it links to Uplay now so once you install and register you have a digital copy. It should arrive today so I'll know for sure soon.

I don't mind these drm schemes if the price reflects the experience. Selling a game like Anon or Sim City for $60 (approx) is offensive. Drop it to $20 and I'm willing to try it.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2013, 13:25 Tumbler

At this point I have to question why people bought SimCity in the first place because everyone knew this would happen.

Everyone knew it could happen, I don't think anyone thought it would.

The way they handled the beta probably didn't give them any real testing of large groups playing for long periods of time.

The 1 hour limit effectively minimized the amount of load that the servers would be under as I doubt many people wanted to rebuild a city from scratch every hour. Some did I'm sure but I think that was designed more as a demo with the purpose being to leave people wanting more and then they'd go pre-order.

This whole thing stinks of a company doing everything they can to sell the game and the minimum possible to ensure the experience is there to back up the price.

Hmm, maybe they should go back to the 1 hour time limit! They seemed to be able to keep it running for an hour! Then maybe push it out to two hours, then three, etc. You could even have the pre-order now page come up and offer to sell people more time so they could get early access to the two hour time limit!

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
44. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 14:16 Tumbler

"Fuck that. You absolutely WOULD do that!"

Exactly my thoughts, this random poster might be lying but there is no dought ea is lying in that last comment.

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
25. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 12:13 Tumbler

Angrius Maximis wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 11:19:
Still amazes me to this day how people can claim years of development but not properly test server loads before launch.

I ran into server issues during the beta, i'm sure they tested it enough to know they needed more servers.

Servers cost money and EA didn't want to spend it. They probably still don't but they are seeing that these issues are affecting sales and that gets their attention.

Anno 2070 is $16 shipped via amazon partners. (new) My suggestion is to buy that instead. I'm also looking for sim city 4, also $16 on amazon but I'm hoping for a sale.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Delayed
3. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Delayed Mar 6, 2013, 22:29 Tumbler

Based on the last two games relic has made I cringe to think what CoH2 will be like. I would expect something like Diablo 2(CoH) --> Diablo 3(CoH2).  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 11:58 Tumbler

I'm in for $20. Nice to see an exciting project come through again, seems like it's been a long dark winter!

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
51. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 14:45 Tumbler

I'm not sure why they thought dead space 3 would sell if it was presented as what shipped. It feels too much like more dead space two rather than a new addition to the franchise. It's also an action game now, so many enemies just get thrown at you the game play is run and gun most of the game.

At least when it was un space it felt like dead space.. Maybe looked like is more accurate.

I blame the publisher in this situation. The game smells of someone saying "action games sell, just look at COD! Make ds3 an action game. People will buy it because of the dead space brand plus it will get good reviews from all the awesome action! And co-op! Lots of co-op!"

Seems like a lot of publishers want to simply slap a brand name on whatever they are making. Who cares if it fits, call it dead space three and let's make lots of money.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2013, 11:14 Tumbler

If you want to complain about microtransactions, by all means, complain. He's just asking you to be consistent about it.

You can ignore cosmetic microtransactions and at the same time complain about in game micro transactions. (for lack of a better term)

Valve hasn't gone after the low hanging fruit and if they do gamers will complain just like they do with EA. Dead Space 3 for example, they could have made all the Mic.Trans be cosmetic armor choices but that is something easily ignored. They chose to offer all kinds of in game items that affect the game.

In ME3 they could have offered different armor sets for all the soldiers but instead they decided to just pull out a crew member and sell him seperately.

EA's choices speak volumes about their respect for consumers and the medium in general.

I wonder if Sim City will only have cosmetic changes available for purchase?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week
9. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 10:55 Tumbler

I'm interested to see more, the naval stuff in ac3 was great. I hope they go back to the open world game play of the previous titles though because the way ac3 keeps taking control and jumping to some specific. Mission is ruining the game. I'm bored playing ac3 and just want to finish it and move on. The naval stuff is a lot of fun though.  

News Comments > EA All-in on Microtransactions
34. Re: EA All-in on Microtransactions Feb 27, 2013, 14:10 Tumbler

Oh that's nice, I only buy ea games on deep discounts, used or on clearance. And your last game I just watched on YouTube. The prices I pay you can afford to make shitty games and I'll still look at them. Sim City seems on track to be a clearance purchase if not just an extended YouTube viewing.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2013, 14:19.

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
6. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 Tumbler

It's a weird move to sell something you call a season pass but then exclude certain things. But they did explain the dlc included by the pass from the beginning so it is what it is.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2013, 16:02 Tumbler

I wonder if console gamers were as disappointed with the d3 announcement as pc gamers were?

I'm extremely curious what players will say about the offline mode. If they don't alter the drop rates I can't imagine playing offline will be any fun. I would expect they would alter the drop rates so that players will have a good time playing offline but I just don't have confidence that blizzard would care.

And then does that mode become possible on the pc? (aka FUN mode)

News Comments > BioShock Infinite GMG Pre-order Bonuses [Updated]
4. Re: BioShock Infinite Pre-order Bonuses Get Bonuses Feb 23, 2013, 14:12 Tumbler

That xcom deal-o is really hard to pass on simply because I know I can sell/trade that code easily. VGFive.com (new game trading site) let's people trade steam codes among other things and I picked up Assassin's Creed 3 from someone on the site recently. I already have Xcom so assuming I found someone wanting to trade for it I could hopefully get another game down the road, DMC on PC should be equal value on the site soon...and it's just sitting there saying "Buy me!, BUY ME!"

So tempting...

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks
4. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 19:08 Tumbler

Oh my, free Xcom plus they let u gift if u have it already? The push to buy guys is coming from so many directions. Gmg will give me $14 and an older game, steam will give me Xcom, amazon will give me $30 in credits to buy 2k games.... Must hold out. Must not buy at launch.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Feb 21, 2013, 19:09 Tumbler

Hmm I'm curious to try this on my controller. Downloading.  

6111 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo