Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6096 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
6. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 Tumbler

It's a weird move to sell something you call a season pass but then exclude certain things. But they did explain the dlc included by the pass from the beginning so it is what it is.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2013, 16:02 Tumbler

I wonder if console gamers were as disappointed with the d3 announcement as pc gamers were?

I'm extremely curious what players will say about the offline mode. If they don't alter the drop rates I can't imagine playing offline will be any fun. I would expect they would alter the drop rates so that players will have a good time playing offline but I just don't have confidence that blizzard would care.

And then does that mode become possible on the pc? (aka FUN mode)

News Comments > BioShock Infinite GMG Pre-order Bonuses [Updated]
4. Re: BioShock Infinite Pre-order Bonuses Get Bonuses Feb 23, 2013, 14:12 Tumbler

That xcom deal-o is really hard to pass on simply because I know I can sell/trade that code easily. VGFive.com (new game trading site) let's people trade steam codes among other things and I picked up Assassin's Creed 3 from someone on the site recently. I already have Xcom so assuming I found someone wanting to trade for it I could hopefully get another game down the road, DMC on PC should be equal value on the site soon...and it's just sitting there saying "Buy me!, BUY ME!"

So tempting...

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks
4. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 19:08 Tumbler

Oh my, free Xcom plus they let u gift if u have it already? The push to buy guys is coming from so many directions. Gmg will give me $14 and an older game, steam will give me Xcom, amazon will give me $30 in credits to buy 2k games.... Must hold out. Must not buy at launch.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Feb 21, 2013, 19:09 Tumbler

Hmm I'm curious to try this on my controller. Downloading.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
33. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2013, 21:37 Tumbler

That has to be a first. Genius I'm sure

Wii U? Everyone thought it was a touch screen controller!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Shown
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 11:54 Tumbler

I picked up BF3 on sale for $34.99 just after launch. I did not find it to be the game for me. Don't expect I'll be seeing anything in BF4 that will impress me.

I'm expecting Crysis 2 -> Crysis 3 to be similar to BF3 to BF4. Just a new set of maps and a ...bow of some sort.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Feb 19, 2013, 14:49 Tumbler

I picked up Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III on the pc and I'm playing those with a controller. (happily) I play CoD on the PS3 (with a controller obviously) and I played CoD on the PC during a free weekend using the K/B mouse and hated it.

The way the mouse allows you to spin at blinding speed and be ultra accurate kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I like the pacing of the Console experience where if someone is shooting at you and they aren't already close to your aiming point you're kind of fucked.

I'd be fine with Mouse/Keyboard folks simply having their own little area while others with controllers have their own area.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
27. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 22:04 Tumbler

And lot of the language they used plus the phone interaction have me concerned. How do you keep people coming back for 50 to 100 hours of game play month after month. Then that phone message thing saying Venus is awesome tonight. It sounds like an mmo. No sub but the only way you can have that much content is to make those cookie cutter missions in mmos. They could be talking about something like planet side 2 which would be interesting or maybe dust 514. I hope it's something like borderlands where there is a sp story to play through and others can join you on the fly.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 14, 2013, 20:56 Tumbler

Oh joy, see those fucking "triggers". You SEE THOSE!?

I could give a fuck about everything else there but you're going to ship those weird rounded ball sack simulators again!? Are you fucking kidding me!?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
52. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 17:43 Tumbler

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 16:23:
Honestly, after seeing the difference in quality between the "demo" and the "final" I will never order a gearbox product until there's a clear consensus on what the final game looks like.

Well that is pretty amazing. I don't remember watching any of that, no wonder people are upset.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
27. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 12:58 Tumbler

Watched the Giantbomb quicklook and while the game didn't look amazing I thought it looked acceptable. Maybe a point less than homefront. Homefront had a lot of the same issues I'm seeing in this game but that was a while ago so maybe this one is being judged more harshly.

Looking at Metacritic Homefront got a 70 and this game seems to be getting a 45-50. Seems like a 50-60 might be more fair but meh, can't say I really care one way or the other.

I thought I saw a comment on destructoid that the press had been shown a "demo" that shows gameplay that isn't in the game? Wasn't clear if he was saying they created a demo specifically to fool the press and then sold a totally different game? Or if it's just content that isn't in the full game?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 13:03 Tumbler

I can't wait to watch a let's play series of this game.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 8, 2013, 23:50 Tumbler

you can't just farm regularly in many areas due to lack of respawns.

I am not thinking people need to farm in this game. It's a waste of time. It's a waste of money to buy DLC and a waste of time to farm. This all seems to be much ado about nothing. It feels like EA came running in at the last minute and made them put these DLC packs in there. This is not a situation like Diablo 3 where they totally fuck the game up in order to drive people towards these dlc packs.

People thinking they need to farm in this game is weird.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 8, 2013, 21:14 Tumbler

The people willing to spend $3 to save some time and get ahead are not going to go pick up something, save, reload and waste how much time picking up these resources? The people who want to spend money won't even know this exists.  

News Comments > SimCity Closed Beta 2 Next Weekend
16. Re: SimCity Closed Beta 2 Next Weekend Feb 8, 2013, 17:49 Tumbler

Signed up, guess I'll see what the fuss is all about.  

News Comments > Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released
1. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 03:16 Tumbler

I..I really want that boxed set...I'm not really sure why because I have no interest in the content...I think I just really like this company and want to give them money.

How do they do that.

Maybe it's the brick walls, I definitely dig their office.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Alpha Access
5. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 10:47 Tumbler

The game play footage looked better than I expected but those prices are crazy. I assume f2p grind a thon?  

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Feb 1, 2013, 10:27 Tumbler

That one hour limit sure sounds like a timed trial or demo.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Crisis Averted
15. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 13:27 Tumbler

It's started to feel like all these shenanigans around Sim City and now crysis 3 are just an excuse to let people know about these games. Like some sort of backwards marketing attempt. If people get all up in arms about it I guess that would be a good sign as that means a lot of people want to buy it?

Hard for me to believe either one of these games is as popular as these silly issues make them appear.

6096 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo