Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6406 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 300K, Free DLC Next Month
1. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 300K, Free DLC Next Month Nov 11, 2015, 11:47 Tumbler

Wish it was 40k. :_(

Seems like we're stuck with Space Hulk spin offs now... I think there is an MMO coming? ... Angry

99gamers.com-Going down in flames after discounting their currency!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2015, 15:43 Tumbler

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:13:
I'm both fascinated and horrified by sinkholes. That one didn't actually look too bad compared to others. Glad no one was hurt/killed.

Sink holes are terrifying but that one isn't a sink hole. You can see at the beginning of the video and the end that they deliberately dug out an enormous hole to let water drain out through and put a corrugated metal pipe in it.

You can see how close it was to the groundfrom where the cave in starts and they build all kinds of shit on top of it. If it had been deeper it may not have been a problem but being so close to surface the top of the tunnel probably got a lot more weight on it. If it'd been deeper the weight might have distributed around it better.

That's just bad engineering.

Edit: Oh for fuck sake, the news edited the video so you can't see the cause of the cave in which is plane as day from the beginning.

Youtube Flyover

Assholes. You can see the steel pipe still pouring water and crushed under the weight above it. Also just realising this footage came from a drone, not used to seeing such a clear picture of a disaster like this. Should make for some interesting news coverage of all sorts of things in the future. Before it was some guy trying to get the best angle but now you've got these magic floating cameras that can just move around to show you everything from every angle.

Nightcrawler 2, come on hollywood. You know that guy would be flying drones around right now!

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 15:51.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 8, 2015, 18:57 Tumbler

Been playing divinity ee the last week or so, that game is so much fun. I was playing it like a theme park that needs clearing out and suddenly started getting my ass kicked in the 2nd area. (Forest) Pulled up a guide to see if I'd missed an area that would getynlevel up and found a ton if quests I'd never finished. This game doesn't help u finish quests at all. Was shocked at how many quests were around the first area that I'd never found or completed.

Was feeling good until I tan into death knights. Fuck those guys. Spent a lot of time fighting those...

Oh and just found several more people to hire to come with. Expected they'd just move over to hall of heroes if my party was full, sadly no. Once I sent my 4th member off I could pickup the extra guys available.

News Comments > Overwatch Preorders & Details
8. Re: Overwatch Preorders & Details Nov 7, 2015, 10:01 Tumbler

I'd be curious to try the game if there is a f2p option, like u get to play 1 hero, but until then I'll just watch. Doesn't look that different from other games of the type which are cheaper and more established.  

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
14. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 20:10 Tumbler

Will watch someone play on twitch. 60 for a mp game like this is way too much.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
30. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 15:18 Tumbler

Everytime I watch a trailer I come away feeling meh about the game.

Hopefully it's amazing but if it's not I don't think I'll care. Something about the game feels terribly dated. At times it looks gorgeous and exciting and other times it looks dull and boring.

I can't wait to hear what people say about it a week after it's been out.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 5, 2015, 13:18 Tumbler

deqer wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 11:55:
I feel sorry for the new generation of kids coming into this world with microtransactions already in place, and thus kids will believe this is normal.

In a $60 game micro transactions are despicable. I can think of instances where they aren't that bad, cosmetic items for example, but in the end if all feels like content that was deliberately cut from the core game rather than additional stuff added to the game.

Larger chunks of content like "The ballad of Gay Tony" are fine but I don't think we can call them microtransactions and they often don't come out until months or years after the initial game. And I think that is why so many companies want to use microtransations. The best time to hit up your consumer for extra dollars is right after your big release. The hype and excitement make it easier to spend money. You wait a few weeks or months after even if what you're offering is great a lot of people probably won't be interested. That's why they sell these season passes now, excited about our new game? Don't you want all the content? It can be yours now* for only $30, no, $40, wait, no $50! dollars.

*now - actually means later, way way later and not sure what we're giving you but it'll be AWESOME!!!! Would we take your money otherwise!?

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 09:16 Tumbler

All of the above schemes are just a small example of how this entire project – which was deemed to be fully funded back in 2013 – has been all about making money. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It seems to be a lot more than just making money. He's describing things like the ship sales are all that is happening and that's laughable. What kicked this whole thing off was the fps module delay for crying out loud. How do u even make that argument in the first place? There is already something playable and many of the ships that started as concepts are now playable.

This guy is an ass.

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
38. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 16:03 Tumbler

It'd be great if they do something with Starcraft similar to WoW or hearthstone. The fantasy setting has never been my favorite (although Divinity Original Sin EE...holy shit is that fun)

Can't wait for CD Project red to do their cyberpunk thing. Loved Witcher 3 as well I think in large part because it wasn't "high fantasy".

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2015, 13:38 Tumbler

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 11:00:
Well, you could pay $5 for a single month of EA access, play the 10 hours, and then never touch it again.

Not that I will, but for those looking for a quick bang for the buck...

Wondered if this requires an Xbox Live gold sub...

Can I join EA Access without an Xbox Live Gold subscription?
Yes, any Xbox One gamer can join EA Access and take advantage of the benefits of membership without an Xbox Live Gold subscription. In order to connect to multiplayer gameplay on the Xbox One platform, however, you’ll need a subscription to Xbox Live Gold. Learn more about Xbox Live Gold membership here: http://www.xbox.com/live/

Haha, technically you can get EA access without gold but online gaming wouldn't work without gold. So I would guess the least you could get away with paying is approx $10 for a 1 month gold code and then another $5 for ea access. More likely you'll pay at least $20 after all is said and done to try the game early.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Nov 3, 2015, 20:56 Tumbler

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 20:27:
44% off at Green Man. If I could find a coupon to go on top of that I'm starting to get drawn in as we get closer to December.

It's 25% off. The email says up to 44% on several games, battlefront is 44.99.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Nov 3, 2015, 20:53 Tumbler

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 20:27:
44% off at Green Man. If I could find a coupon to go on top of that I'm starting to get drawn in as we get closer to December.

Everytime I watch that newest trailer I feel a little closer to buying in.

I had forgotten that buying via origin comes with a return option so that didn't help...now I'm just like, u can return it, it's fine, just buy it...buy it...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 3, 2015, 13:43 Tumbler

Eh?

I think TB's comment on Star Citizen earlier this year is the best summary of things to date.

"They're going to release...something." (I'm paraphrasing)

They're definitely making something and it will be released at some point in the future. What happens from there and how long the game survives beyond that is anyone's guess. For the all the "open development" they've done up to now it's still feels like we're getting no real info on when things are going to be done or when they look like they're going to be done.

I think they're just kicking the goal posts back a bit further everytime we get close and trying to ignore the fact that other games of similar size and scope have a history of taking 5-7 years to be completed. They seem to be marketing the game during that time to bring in more money and sort of threading the needle between keeping people excited and delivering bad news about project completion.

End of 2016 seems ambitious for SQ42, but game development has long been described as a complete mess right up until the final month or two. So maybe they're on track...and they'll deliver something at end of 2016. Or maybe they'll just kick the goal posts out a bit more.

Other games are arriving in the mean time which is great. Plenty of space sims to try out in the near future!

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
13. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 12:04 Tumbler

Should be interesting seeing how people respond to the graphics. This game looks like how i remember fallout 3 looking but when I compare the actual game screenshots from back then it's obviously a lot better.

But parts of those trailers they showed look WAY WAY better than what FO4 looks like on consoles. I can only hope the PC version looks that great but the drama of the console version looking inferior is probably going to be fun!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 29, 2015, 14:19 Tumbler

I think the threats are bullshit and people canceling these events are assholes. Host the god damn event and quit worrying about stupid shit people say on twitter.

To date has there been any real world violence come from twitter mobs sending horrible messages?

I'm not aware of any. People saying shit on twitter doesn't mean anything the real world.

If you need some assurance of this go to your local police department with a tweet from someone you can identify via the real world. (It's not hard, to my shock and horror some people use their real identity when saying some absolutely horrible things) Ask the police to take action against that person. They won't. They don't consider it to be a real threat in any sense. In fact I'll bet that you're lazy ass won't even go down to fill out the report. (I know I sure as hell didn't when I had a case of identity theft, fuck that I'm busy)

An actual land line phone call carries more weight to them. Online comments, threats, harassment is almost never connected to real violence. Get a fucking grip already.

And, AND!!!! if you think it needs to be treated as leading to actual violence and taken seriously by police the by all means go run for major or chief of police, or just get the news to write stories about real violence that happened from someone who made threats on twitter! Otherwise face facts that people say stupid shit online all day long and almost no violence happens from it.

But it sure does make for great click bait news!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed Oct 29, 2015, 14:10 Tumbler

Being able to tag reviews is stupid. When a game is released it can be "reviewed". There are no take backs. It was released a few months ago and updated with huge patch recently. People are welcome to write new reviews but the old reviews should stay untouched.

People do this with movies all the time since they are being remastered and re-released all the time. They just explain at the top of the review what specific version this applies to but they don't go label all the old reviews as invalid.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
14. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 17:25 Tumbler

Jeez, June?

Hope people still want the game by then. Elite is releasing their planet exploration expansion end of this year and I think there are other games on the horizon that should be out by then.

I think these guys are shooting themselves in the foot waiting that long. Star Citizen's single player campaign might even be out by then! (Squadron 42)

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 27, 2015, 15:07 Tumbler

Jivaro wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 14:28:
I know a bunch of you will disagree but I am just not seeing how the organizers made the wrong decision if they don't feel they can provide the security needed to prevent the worst case scenario should a threat turn out to be real, if not from a moral standpoint then a financial one. If they ignore a threat and it comes back to bite them there will be lawsuits and the entire Con industry will have to change. Metal detectors at doors, bomb-sniffing dogs..all this stuff costs money.

“On the one hand, we are an event that prides itself on being a big tent and a marketplace of diverse people and diverse ideas,” director Hugh Forrest wrote in an email to the panelists. “On the other hand, preserving the sanctity of that big tent at SXSW Interactive necessitates that we keep the dialogue civil and respectful — so that people can agree, disagree and embrace new ways of thinking in a safe and secure place.”

Safe Spaces. I'm not surprised, it's Penny Arcade after all. They've said a lot of passive aggressive things about consumers in the past which leave me feeling like they're very much "friends of the industry".

I think that is what this is all about and why it continues to get such a venomous response. The "gaming press" is largely advertising and their value is heavily dependent on the public believing they offer more opinion than advertising and gamergate as a discussion in general isn't going to help them. It may not hurt them but in the end having more and more consumers going elsewhere for game reviews is just against their best interests.

They're doing an effective job at making people think gamergate is just a big hate mob attacking women because they're the gaming press, people still give them too much credit. It's changing though, regardless of how good they are at labeling people it's only a matter of time before you as a consumer have that moment where you see the gaming press as a dog on a leash for the publishers.

Youtube personalities aren't perfect but they also don't have to support an entire back end office with servers, ads, a variety of pop culture topics and daily, if not hourly, content for people to see anytime they come to the site.

Without all that stuff those sites don't make enough money to even stay in business, but all that other stuff fucks with what is the major reason consumers go to those sites. Reviews / Opinions from gamers.

Good luck with your safe spaces. Maybe the government can bail you out when your consumers all move on.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
28. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 00:46 Tumbler

Elcabong wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 00:33:
Back to the OP subject.

So what exactly is in this release in terms of gameplay? Single player? Does it have AI to fight against? Space battles? FPS battles?

It's just a small iteration on the Arena Commander game. Some minor tweaks to how it plays and I think you can now drive a little golf cart thing around the planet you can walk around.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Oct 22, 2015, 22:44 Tumbler

Engine seems to be really showing it's age. The movement seems a little clunky. I hope they're planning to move to a new engine soon. While BF may not be the best game the visuals on it are a level above this game.

Would be nice if they'd update this game as well.

6406 Comments. 321 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo