Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6115 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
31. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 17:07 Tumbler

Meh, I tried booting up and playing the last one recently. I just wanted to go blast through the game in god mode and see all the content and after about 2 hours I lost interest. Never turned it back on.

It's a great looking game, I'm surprised I don't enjoy it more, it's got all the things I normally love in these games but my feelings on 2 have made it easy to pass on this new one. Lots of end bosses, lots of different enemies, and locations. I don't understand why it feels like a chore to play.

I'll buy the new one on a steam sale and never play it eventually. I'm sure the install will kick ass though.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 18, 2014, 16:16 Tumbler

Wasn't this the idea with that stupid chip on the credit card? You don't swipe it, you just put it close the pad? Who the fuck would want this on your phone? If it's there waiting to send info you can literally find a way to walk around ala walking dogs and just take money from people who get close.

Heh, why did I think walking dogs. (sleeping dogs)...no...watchdogs.

Why is anyone fighting over this? It's a horrid idea just like those stupid credit card auto pay chips are. Don't hacker conferences have a running board of hacks into local laptops connected to the wifi network? Your laptop certainly has more safety nets up vs your phone. This sounds like a horrid fucking idea for our phone.

And look how long it's taken credit card companies to tighten up regarding unauthorized charges. It's a matter of minutes before I get warnings of suspicious activity and a few years back it was days if I got a warning at all.

You think apple is going to contact you about suspicious apple pay activity right away? Do they do that now when you buy something for $100 in candy crush? Buying anything in those free to play games seems like insanity so should they already be contacting people about all that shit? You see them doing that?

Yeah, go ahead and drop money into the apple wallet. I wanna watch what happens.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
39. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 14:38 Tumbler

Jackplug wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 14:35:
Just cos it has allot of money pumped into it, doesn't mean it will turn out to be a good game.

It is our DESTTIINNNNYYYY!!!!!

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Trailer
3. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Trailer Sep 17, 2014, 17:05 Tumbler

Looks interesting, more refined interface which will be a pleasant change.

I was hoping to see collisions and location specific damage and things happening because of that. For example an engine is blown off and the ship starts turning slowly in one direction for a few seconds while they crew stabilizes thrust or something. (or shuts down an engine to compensate.

This game would benefit from systems and features that make combat unpredictable and always changing. One game you're forces charge in and everything goes right, you take out a ship which causes damage on others, ends up giving you a decisive advantage in the battle. Next battle you fighters attack an incoming frigate swarm, one of them collides after damage with a heavily armed destroyed causing a massive explosion and cripples several ships around it.

I want the battles to feel like they are an out of control car that you're fighting to keep on the road. It's eventually going to crash but it's a fight to see how long you can keep it going.

Like FTL! Every time I start that game I don't know if I'm getting blown up in 2 moves or making it all the way to the end. With enough practice you might be able to consistently get pretty far but it's just too unpredictable to know you can win each time.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
106. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 16, 2014, 02:42 Tumbler

This seems like a bad move for MS. Minecraft as a multiplatform title is hugely popular and profitable. When MS starts only making the newer additions and updates on the MS friendly platforms I think other companies are going to try and step into fill the void on other platforms. (nintendo, sony, ios, etc)

I feel like there hasn't been a strong competitor for Minecraft in part because it's available on everything. Who wants to build a minecraft style game to compete against Minecraft? Assuming MS comes in and says Minecraft is exclusive to Surface, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows! then I think that competition will show up.

Someone is going to build this game bigger and better and ms is going to be stuck holding the gamer version of myspace. And MS is literally the last company I'd assume could build or maintain something like minecraft. They're going to dlc the shit out of that game and it's going to be like playing a f2p time sink "game" on ios.

News Comments > Transverse Funding Reworked
9. Re: Transverse Funding Reworked Sep 12, 2014, 11:46 Tumbler

The pitch video isn't good enough to get support at those prices. Not with SC being in the news all the time. If they changed those prices to about 10 - 20 % of what they are now they might be able to get 500k but I don't see how the game has a long term future. Elite is almost done, SC by the end of the year is going to be a multiplayer combat game at least, possibly racing and fps stuff as well...

The game isn't that bad but those prices are ridiculous. If they go back to the drawing board and pay some better modellers to make everything look better then try again in a year or so maybe. I'll always want more space games but that video looks like an early gen 360 game in many spots and you want to market it to PC gamers? Try xbox live arcade, on the 360.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 11:38 Tumbler

Got my dev kit 2 in the mail last week, I'm really happy that elite turned out well. SC is a ways off but between this, the eve online thing and the dcs sims I'm all set to go lock myself in a room for a month! And hopefully not throw up! Unfortunately we are getting ready to move so everything is packed and I want to wait till I get to the new place to set it all up. Hurry up horribly slow house buying process!  

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
33. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 16:11 Tumbler

DrSquick wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 15:01:
Am I missing something here? What is so exciting about a few new maps for the hanger? I watched the video, and it looks like it is just a room to store your ships. You log in, walk 10 feet to your ship, get in and leave.

Is it really a big deal if your hanger looks like an office building or the inside of a rock?

Hangar Trailer

The hangars are likley a sneak peak of what the final game is likely to resemble. They're building a lot of planetside content now but keeping it behind closed doors, they are going back and doing that to the Hangar's and I think the plan is to adding new sections to the hangar so you have a lot of room to explore and see cool space stuff.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
25. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 14:43 Tumbler

New Hangars: We’ve remastered all of Star Citizen’s Hangars with the new forward-looking room system and added the Asteroid Hangar.

Well fuck, I told myself don't get excited anymore for these patches / releases but now I'm excited! WWWOOOOHOOO!!!! Wife is out of town, girls are with the babysitter tonight and I have destiny in my ps4 plus I might have this to play in the next few days!

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
70. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 13:58 Tumbler

Well...buy the ps4 and ps3 version while you can I guess.

That is pretty disappointing. It seems like MS should be focusing on making their platform interface better all around. The home screen is ugly and unpleasant, the voice commands are a mess and I end up having to repeat myself all the time. I bought that remote simply so I could get around on that thing without picking up a controller or wasting my breath.

The xbox one is kind of a mess right now and I don't see how buying something like this is going to insentivise them to fix their systems. It's like Nintendo paying for Bayonetta exclusivity, it doesn't feel like a win for the system, it looks like a "fuck you, if you wanna play minecraft you gotta do it here! Hahaha!"

Remember how well it worked for At&t with the Iphone? Fuck you, you want an iphone you get at&t! Remember how well it worked for vita? You want vita 3g? Fuck you, you get at&t!

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
9. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 17:43 Tumbler

For $200 that Batmobile isn't remote controlled? Hunh, that seems like a waste.

And according to the sheet they made it's only available at walmart! Hooray!

News Comments > Op Ed
58. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 17:02 Tumbler

I thought the CAG cast last week had some great comments on the whole games media drama that sum up my feelings in a nut shell. (Cag cast is the cheap ass gamer website weekly podcast)

Cheapy's feeling on the matter is that in the end, what do people expect? I don't know if a lot of people realize how much sites like RPS, Giantbomb, IGN, etc depend on being in the good graces of these game publishers. In order to make money people like us have to visit the site and read / watch their content. That means you need review copies of games a week or more before release and companies won't give those too you unless you're "playing the game". I don't know many people that pay for that content. People expect to read reviews on games for free...so who's paying for that content? The publishers and game makers.

So who are the sites going to be loyal to? The publishers and the game makers. So in the end, why would anyone expect this to be objective and ethical?

Most of the gaming media is glorified advertising. They stay in business because big companies want to spend money on those sites as part of their advertising. Sending review copies of games, hosting media events where people come and see the games, buying ad spots on the site that people will see when they come see the reviews, having special promo's that preview the game and talk about how awesome it's going to be.

The most likely way to get honest feedback on games is from a person who buys the game out of their own money and will likely notice the loss of those dollars in their account. I don't know how much money Angry Joe makes on his youtube stuff but he seems like someone that would be genuinely pissed if he bought a shit game. (and it's kind of his thing) And that to me is what being a gamer is all about. If you're not pissed, you're not a gamer. If you're not pissed then you're doing something wrong because gaming is one of the most consumer hostile business' you can be a part of. They're even hostile and horrible to many people in the industry in many cases. I'd compare it to being a car sales man for Ford or Toyota. Or being a customer going onto one of those lots trying to buy something. It's a terrible business but they have a product that people want enough to put up with that shit.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Video
1. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Video Sep 2, 2014, 16:27 Tumbler

The lighting examples in the video would add a lot to the game if it generated different lighting conditions with each battle. Not random, just dozens off combinations to look awesome.

The lower light examples looked awesome. You could have a comet moving through with a traveling light source every min or so. Hopefully explosions would light up certain areas, maybe laser beams could illuminate the nearby ships.

The combat itself looks too familiar too the first game. I want it to have more weight, I want to feel the impacts of all these weapons. (if that makes sense) I want the ships to buckle in areas they are being hit. I want them to roll and ram into others if they get to close or take damage.

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
11. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Aug 31, 2014, 15:23 Tumbler

I'm not surprised considering how successful gta V was. Now might be the best time to sell because it's anyone's guess how big a title GTA will be on the next gen systems. Who knows if call of duty will hold the top spot, it might but everything is up in the air.

Halo seemed to have the top spot for console shooters going into the 360/ps3 and COD4 was the beginning of the end for that dominance. It's still a successful franchise but everyone wants to be CoD.

Destiny could dethrone it, not in the first year or 2 but it's certainly got the hype necessary. CoD4 has amazing hype as well, it wasn't ready so soon during the console cycle but it will be interesting to see who takes the #1 console franchise spot.

I'm betting on madden! I here madden is really good again, definitely going to be madden. /s

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
3. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:24 Tumbler

Tomorrow Zenimax will start a lawsuit! Some of that is ours! You owe us some of that!!!!  

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
40. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 21:42 Tumbler

Who's actually inspected the files to verify his claim? I don't think his word is good enough.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 19, 2014, 19:31 Tumbler

the integrity of kotaku is now completely at stake. Hell, the integrity of gaming journalism, the few it had, is destroyed completely if this is true.

Kotaku!? Am I think only one that thinks Kotaku is the national enquirer of games journalism?!

I'm surprised they aren't reporting on it themselves complete with exclusive nude pics of the act!

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
38. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 15:23 Tumbler

Riiigggghhhhtttt....

You're reputation is shot so you're gonna start making high quality stuff instead of all that mediocre stuff that hurt your reputation. Good plan.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
15. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 15:24 Tumbler

There are just over 500,000 currently and the most recent update from CIG is everyone has access now. I've never seen them talk about how many are playing. Based on my experience I'd say very few past the first week they got in. The lack of custom controls has me waiting. I'd rather play after I can set controls in the game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
26. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 14:51 Tumbler

Star Citizen just feels more and more like Battlecruiser with way more feature creep. For the next few years or more, it's going to be entertaining to keep watching this.

Have you heard of Line of Defense? It's comparable to SC and I think there is a very obvious difference in quality. I think everyone would be right to be upset if SC was looking like Line of Defense does in the latest video clips.

6115 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo