Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6054 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
51. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 12:45 Tumbler

Update on the pricing.

$35 is the lowest price you can pay for a game package. (You need at least one "Ship Package". This package does not have Alpha or Beta access. (alpha is now called Arena Commander) If you buy this package and the Arena commander pass ($5) then you will be able to play Arena Commander today with an Aurora for $40 total.

However if you spend $45 ($40 for Aurora MR+ Package and $5 for Arena Commander Pass) you'll also get Beta access which might save you some money in the future. It's likely they'll still offer a Beta Pass for $5 just like they offer it now for Arena Commander but if you know you want to play the beta when it arrives then you might consider paying $45 to get in instead of $40.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
18. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:19 Tumbler

Blahman wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 10:08:
So not having backed this yet, how much does one have to pay to play this?

I believe it is $40. 35 for base aurora ship package and $5 for arena commander pass.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 3, 2014, 21:19 Tumbler

Whoopee.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
16. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:32 Tumbler

The sales of Watch Dogs is surprising. On so many levels it does things that normally get a lot of scorn from gamers. The difference in the e3 2012 video and the final product, the uplay issues, the last minute delay.

It seems to me that people looked past all that and like the game. Seems odd. It doesn't even look all that great to me. The e3 video looked great but this doesn't hit that same note for me.

I wonder if it's just a perfect time to release it because gamers are craving something to play?

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
14. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 15:58 Tumbler

An early example is the classic 1986 Nintendo game Metroid. The better a player does, the less clothing the female protagonist is wearing at the end.

Hunh? Metroid hides the fact that you're a girl until the very end...right? What is she talking about? I thought you wore that whole suit of armor the whole time. Am I missing something?

Edit: I never knew that, there are multiple endings where she takes off the helmet, the whole suit and has clothes on, then it looks like one where she's in a bathing suit or maybe just underwear?

Still seems like an odd game to point at since the character is a girl and that is ultimately what I remember about the endings.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 09:44 Tumbler

I'm excited to try Elite but the prices to play in these various stages of development are simply too much. I think there is a stage at $60 eventually which i might go in on.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
72. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 14:09 Tumbler

Mother.
Fucker.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
1. Re: Wasteland 2 Intro Movie May 25, 2014, 12:55 Tumbler

This is one of my oldest kickstarter that hasn't been delivered yet. Happy to see the release date so close.

I went back and marked everything I've received already and so far the success rate on my kickstarter projects is outstanding. Majority have already been delivered and the few that have not are definitely under development.

We need a new wave of projects to fund for next year and beyond!

This comment was edited on May 25, 2014, 13:08.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
27. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 17:44 Tumbler

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:16:
Roberts is a CON MAN. He has constantly oversold games which either were vaporware (Freelancer), were disasters (Wing Commander) or were COMPLETE FRAUDS (Point of No Return)....

Wing Commander was a disaster!? WHAT!?

Who is this really? There has to be some personal agenda but I can't even think of another game that stands to lose if Star Citizen wins... Maybe the folks at CCP? It sure looks like a ton of eve players are looking to find a new home in Star Citizen...

So weird.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
2. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 12:59 Tumbler

They've said the DFM will be released on May 29th and they seem a little more committed to that date than others they've said in the past.

Game continues to look awesome but their ability to hit target dates is non existent. One thing I think it going to hurt them is if they continue to deliver the bad news only a few days before it's too late. They've said as recently as april that the FPS stuff is going to show up in June? Considering how long the DFM is taking them I find it hard to believe that stuff is going to be ready within a month after the first DFM part drops?

I'm still really excited about the project in general but the journey to getting to the first release of the DFM has become unpleasant.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 13:28 Tumbler

Creston wrote on May 20, 2014, 13:09:
Irony, thy name is...

I bought it for my wife, she watches a lot of tv and it's actually farely useful for her in that respect. I don't play any games on it. It runs netflix, amazon, youtube and watchs tv almost exclusively.

Blu-Rays, it also plays blu-rays but far more often it's just an easy way for my kids to watch youtube and my wife to watch tv. Princess Play Doh videos are very popular. And Sofia the First. That box should be turning pink any day now. And fuck that controller. My god it's impossible to set that thing down without lightly touching the triggers and causing the video to fast forward or rewind.

I bought that little remote just to avoid using the controller.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
37. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 12:53 Tumbler

I planned on playing this but I'm goign to buy it, trade it, and pick it up later when it's cheaper.

Buying it from best buy for $52. (got that gamer unlocked thing) Get a $20 credit for later and trading it for 80 tokens on 99 gamers!

A token is approx $1 so i can hopefully get 2 newish games for those dollars spent in the coming weeks. I've seen the pc version of watch dogs on 99 gamers for 40 and 50 tokens, hopefully that will be 40 again and I can grab it.

(The reason I can get 80 tokens is because brand new stuff on release tends to sell for a premium)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 12:43 Tumbler

This bullshit spin about losing the kinect being bad for everyone is like the spin they put on taking off the always online drm of the Xbox One console back at E3 2013.

"Oh, sorry, since we have to take that out we can't have this awesome other feature that lets you share games. It's total horse shit that we'd ever let you share games, but we can say whatever we want since you can't prove us wrong!"

Complaining about the kinect not being able to become anything now is a joke. The Wii U still has the pad included and even on their first party titles they barely use it. (I hear that pad is a horn in Mario Kart) MS blew it on release by not having software that justified the Kinect's existence. Third parties abandonded the wii u because it sold like shit and third parties abandonded the kinect because they know games using it won't affect sales on the xbox one. Worst case if they make a game specifically for the Kinect it will sell like shit on the ps4 because it either won't exist or will be a flawed shoe horned product.

MS fucking blew it. I assumed they had big plans for software to support the Kinect but apparently they planned on 3rd parties building the software that would make people want the kinect. It's pure incompetence. The comments from folks around the time of the Xbox One being revealed suggested that MS was unbelievably arrogant assuming since this is the xbox everyone is obviously going to buy it so we don't need to worry about that... Bunch of fucking assholes.

I bought one and I'm not unhappy that I own one, I'm unhappy that the people inside Xbox are so fucking incompetent as to believe that their brand is so strong that they can shit in a box and people will buy it.

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
19. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 12:29 Tumbler

Reinstalling.

I can't give up on this game, it has to get better!

Never looked into mods, will have to do that. I think I'll start the open space game this time. That storyline stuff you go through in the beginning was really grating the 2nd time trying. Not interested in seeing that again.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 14:12 Tumbler

eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Mine was X:Rebirth.. and you can likely guess my current stance on pre-orders

Yeah...that really sucked. I think the hardest thing to deal with is that even if the game worked perfectly the controls on the spaceship and how you traveled between systems was terrible. What stopped me from playing was the constant need to travel on those dumb highway tubes and the fact that I could never look at the map and see where I was going. Plenty of other stuff wrong as well but every time I'd try and look around, explore I couldn't figure out how to understand where I was going and what was around me.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 12:45 Tumbler

Pre-orders are a pretty big waste of money as they lead to release day purchases. As much as they try and hype how great it is to own a game right at release the price changes over the coming months make it just a huge waste of money. A lot like buying a new car vs a car used with 10k miles on it.

Case in point the car I purchased recently has a sticker price on Toyota's website of 46,000 new. (Sienna Limited) You might be able to get that down a bit at a dealer but buying it used with 12k miles on it I got it for $29k. Buying many things brand new is a great idea, cars and video games? Not so much. HUGE increase in cost. Maybe that cost is worth it to you but in my experience it almost never is.

Except for Star Citizen.

Seriously though, Battlefield 4, :(, BF4 Premium pass :(...haven't actually bought much at launch lately...

Stuff I got on sale or from trading (essentially at a deep discount), Titanfall, :|, Thief, - in fairness I only installed it, Diablo 3 Expansion -only installed this as well, Dark Souls II -only installed. See how much happier I am! I have less regrets and more money! I try not to think about why I'm buying all these games in any form...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 11, 2014, 00:06 Tumbler

It's hard to believe that MS pursued the whole Kinect angle without a killer app being developed behind the scenes. I assumed they had something big in the pipeline that justified all this emphasis on Kinect because without that very important piece of software the Kinect is a gimmic.

Ms needed to lead the charge of why Kinect is important and it appears they are not doing that. Worse still, if they were not going to lead with their own software then they should have partnered with someone to make something. It appears they didn't even do that. There is nothing of note that uses the Kinect yet and I can only assume MS is saving all that stuff to show at E3...right? I mean they have to have a few things to use that thing...right?

News Comments > Titanfall Expedition Swampland Map Details
3. Re: Titanfall Expedition Swampland Map Details May 9, 2014, 19:31 Tumbler

I don't expect this will sell well. Short of a major content update the idea of spending more money on this is out of the question. Even if this map pack is free the game is so lacking in content that I wouldn't be excited about trying it.

I don't blame them for trying to sell this but I expect the sales figures won't be good.

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
3. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 10:15 Tumbler

The hunter is the best class in my experience. I have the easiest time winning with him based on his cards. I'd say the priest has some really stupid OP stuff as well but that is less consistent.

This is a good place to start for balancing.

I think those 2 and 3 cost kill a creature cards on the priest side also need some attention. Their cost is too low if nothing else.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 6, 2014, 17:29 Tumbler

I think Titanfall sold well enough and delivered enough that few feel the need to bash it but it's definitely not gaining a lot of "gamer" support at this point. It is what it is.

It's basically a proof a concept, a mini sample of a larger game that costs $60. I would guess that larger game is expected by Holiday 2015? They might be able to hit spring 2015 but I doubt it.

I doubt anyone will call it a System seller in the near future if they ever called it that. It sold some systems when they did some discounts. ($450 for system plus titanfall was pretty impressive)

6054 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo