Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6102 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
11. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Aug 31, 2014, 15:23 Tumbler

I'm not surprised considering how successful gta V was. Now might be the best time to sell because it's anyone's guess how big a title GTA will be on the next gen systems. Who knows if call of duty will hold the top spot, it might but everything is up in the air.

Halo seemed to have the top spot for console shooters going into the 360/ps3 and COD4 was the beginning of the end for that dominance. It's still a successful franchise but everyone wants to be CoD.

Destiny could dethrone it, not in the first year or 2 but it's certainly got the hype necessary. CoD4 has amazing hype as well, it wasn't ready so soon during the console cycle but it will be interesting to see who takes the #1 console franchise spot.

I'm betting on madden! I here madden is really good again, definitely going to be madden. /s

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
3. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:24 Tumbler

Tomorrow Zenimax will start a lawsuit! Some of that is ours! You owe us some of that!!!!  

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
40. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 21:42 Tumbler

Who's actually inspected the files to verify his claim? I don't think his word is good enough.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 19, 2014, 19:31 Tumbler

the integrity of kotaku is now completely at stake. Hell, the integrity of gaming journalism, the few it had, is destroyed completely if this is true.

Kotaku!? Am I think only one that thinks Kotaku is the national enquirer of games journalism?!

I'm surprised they aren't reporting on it themselves complete with exclusive nude pics of the act!

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
38. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 15:23 Tumbler

Riiigggghhhhtttt....

You're reputation is shot so you're gonna start making high quality stuff instead of all that mediocre stuff that hurt your reputation. Good plan.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
15. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 15:24 Tumbler

There are just over 500,000 currently and the most recent update from CIG is everyone has access now. I've never seen them talk about how many are playing. Based on my experience I'd say very few past the first week they got in. The lack of custom controls has me waiting. I'd rather play after I can set controls in the game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
26. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 14:51 Tumbler

Star Citizen just feels more and more like Battlecruiser with way more feature creep. For the next few years or more, it's going to be entertaining to keep watching this.

Have you heard of Line of Defense? It's comparable to SC and I think there is a very obvious difference in quality. I think everyone would be right to be upset if SC was looking like Line of Defense does in the latest video clips.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
29. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 16:57 Tumbler

The project as a hole seems to have turned a corner recently. The coverage I see from the press used to feel like they were asking "how big a failure is this going to be?" and now it's "how good is this going to be?"

It feels like they're over the hump now they just need to deliver the best damn game anyone has every seen!

It's exactly like this!

What's even more amazing is that up to now the funding has come with a lot of skepticism and negative feelings surrounding the project...and they hit 40 million before that changed. What do you think the next year will deliver when most of the news you're hearing is positive, the game is playable, new ships coming into the game all the time?

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
6. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 11:53 Tumbler

I'll bet there is tremendous pressure behind the scenes to sideline pc versions of popular upcoming games because it's a no brainer to make these games available on the pc.

It seems all the fidelity people were excited about in game demos are turning out only to be on pc so if games like destiny and Watchdogs come out looking amazing only on the pc it's going to push more people to pick up pcs. Gamers dropped $400 plus on these likely to lay certain games in particular so it's not crazy to think they might spend $500 on a pc to get the best experience. And the prices on steam sales have got to scare them shitless.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
40. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 16:27 Tumbler

Anyone know if this works with Oculous or Oculous dk2? Once my DK2 gets here I think I'm going to have to buy this. Need stuff to try with it!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
1. Re: Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All Jul 29, 2014, 21:22 Tumbler

Sucks to be a premium member and have zero interest in loading this up again. Far more excited about hearthstone at midnight!  

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
14. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 13:06 Tumbler

So they announce a new game and rust fans are upset that Rust isn't done first.

Then someone at facepunch thinks it would be funny to tell everyone Rust is canceled? (But then in the article below that title explain that it's not canceled and working on more than 1 game is normal?

Well enjoy the PR you get from this. I'm sure that will help the new game a lot.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Announced
2. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Announced Jul 24, 2014, 22:55 Tumbler

Spaceships!

I hope it has parts of the ships being blown off and all kinds of carnage on the ships when weapons bust through the shields! I want ships slamming into each other and massive explosions!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 24, 2014, 13:40 Tumbler

I think with the 3d support I can officially retire my PS3 and sell it. I don't watch many movies but I knew as soon as I sold it I'd be wanting to watch one...

Only thing that sucks is now my handy remote won't work with the Ps4. Guess I'll sell that too.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015 Jul 22, 2014, 17:43 Tumbler

Money talks and it scared the shit out of EA.  

News Comments > Areal Kickstarter Suspended
13. Re: Areal Kickstarter Suspended Jul 22, 2014, 14:26 Tumbler

I assumed that the funding they had was just phony bids they put in themselves. Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2014, 13:55 Tumbler

As a service for gamers Xbox live is an utter disgrace. The only changes finally came about when their whole business model imploded under it's own incompetence.

I have to chuckle at game journo's trying to give them credit for making the service better over the past few months. It's still a waste of money considering what other avenues gamers have to play games.

Matching the features of your competitor doesn't make up for the years of gouging consumers on the 360. I don't think they've learned shit. They've patched their boat's enormous hole but they haven't turned on the pumps to start pushing the water out. They're trying to cruise ahead as if this is totally normal.

I will give them credit for something though, that little remote they sell, it works with youtube now. Now I can use the box without touching that clusterfuck of a controller or talking* to that POS.

*talking - Yelling at it repeatedly before giving up and grabbing the remote / controller depending on what I want to do.

News Comments > Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Demo
3. Re: Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Demo Jul 19, 2014, 21:49 Tumbler

Hearthstone expansion on Tuesday!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 12:09 Tumbler

If anyone else was curious the Model 3 Tesla, $35k approx, should be able to drive 200+ miles.

Based on googling it you get about 3 miles per kilowatt hour. So a "full tank" should cost 66 KW/H's approx. For me that ranges between $0.13 and $0.33 depending on when the charge happens. Smart Meters!

Assuming that can be all $0.13 that is $8.58 per tank. I'm paying approx $70 a tank in my minivan which get 20 mpg. So on average I'm paying about $40 per "tank" if it were equal to the tesla.

Not sure how big that car is, I have 3 kids and the extra room in that minivan is necessary but cutting my costs by 75% on commutes would be nice! (plus no more stopping at gas stations!)

I drive about 320 miles a week commuting. Currently that is approx $70. If I could do it in the Model 3 that is $13.86.

The proposed mileage tax is making more sense if you consider how much revenue they lose from each driver who goes all electric. Looking at a quick gas tax breakdown in CA that is $0.82 in taxes on each gallon of gas.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $48 Million
29. Re: Star Citizen at $48 Million Jul 15, 2014, 13:07 Tumbler

Alien languages sound ok. Not something that gets me more excited for the game but we'll see. If the devs are excited about it then it's a good feature to add.

Arena Commander needs control configs. I'm surprised they haven't gotten that working yet, even an outside little program that generates an xml file for your control method of choice so that the game is more playable.

6102 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo