Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6080 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
21. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 12:38 Tumbler

Someone mentioned that a Star Wars themed Mirror's edge sequel would be awesome! I got excited by that.

Then EA said, no this studio making all these fine metal of honor game, that is who will make our star wars games!

I guess we can hope that this studio won't be the only one making star wars games...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 13, 2013, 23:36 Tumbler

I want to buy coins, real coins. Those look cool, I want those coins. None of this digital bullshit, how do I get some of those sweet ass coins!  

News Comments > More Watch_Dogs Footage
18. Re: More Watch_Dogs Footage May 13, 2013, 16:44 Tumbler

Got this game in the "Don't watch or look at anything" mode. Trying to keep myself "in the dark" on any details. I'm guessing it'll be announced as a launch game on the new consoles so hopefully the pc version will turn out ok...maybe even release on the same day and date!  

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews
9. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews May 13, 2013, 16:41 Tumbler

Hmmm, LA Noire with aliens. Weird...not exciting, just odd.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation May 11, 2013, 11:09 Tumbler

The only thing I use my xbox for at this point is to test trades I get in the mail. Once I know the game works I'll go sell it on Amazon or use it as a trade in locally. I'm wondering if I should sell it before that may 21st date...  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support
7. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support May 10, 2013, 20:20 Tumbler

I want oculous rift support for black mesa.  

News Comments > SimCity Patched
11. Re: SimCity Patched May 10, 2013, 14:48 Tumbler

Releasing a patch that changes the name to sim neighborhood might fix just about everything because the game basically gives you a small area to tinker with in a larger city. In that respect it seems fine... But calling it sim City seems like you'll need to fix a shit ton of stuff to feel like it's a whole city.  

News Comments > Rumor: TimeGate Staff Laid Off
3. Re: Rumor: TimeGate Staff Laid Off May 9, 2013, 16:03 Tumbler

There are some youtube videos that show some updates being made to Aliens for the PC and it's looking more like the demo's people were expecting, it's kind of surprising those patches came out considering they're shutting down now...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2013, 15:55 Tumbler

After missing pretty much every shipping target I'm not surprised, I wouldn't be shocked if the shipping delays that people have been bitching and lack of solid numbers from Ouya were due to having burned through their funds. This thing was always a great idea that has been poorly managed. The devs have started grumbling about lack of users and the list of titles available isn't going to attract anyone. The real problem with an Android console is that you need a massive buy-in (marketing, exclusives) to gain any real traction with consumers or you need an ecosystem like Apple built which took years, the Ouya doesn't really have much of either.

I got my Ouya! Arrived 2 weeks ago I think. Wasn't too much to do with it currently. List of apps you can run is sparse to say the least. Most interesting was twitch tv which when I compared the quality to what my laptop could pump out was pretty disappointing. I am guessing that the ouya was putting up 360p and when I looked at the same feed on my laptop I could pull 1080p...it looked a little better...

Check ebay for how much they sell for. 0.0

SELL SELL SELL! Sold it for approx 174 and I think I netted 141 after fees and shipping. FFS Ebay, 10%!?! 10% was the fee for selling the item, no wonder I don't sell things on there anymore....come to think of it I don't think I've calculated the take on things I sell at amazon...let's just see...11.2%. Well I guess 5% fees are just not happening anymore.

It will be interesting to see what modders can do with the Ouya. I think it has a lot more potential to be a simple android box if someone can build an interface that can mimic the touch screen with a cursor you control with the controller or even a mouse and keyboard. Get google play and all the basic apps people put on their phones and I think games like angry birds, or Star Wars pinball, or all those pinball tables Farsight studios makes, (TNG, twighlight zone), those could be a lot of fun.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 5, 2013, 11:36 Tumbler

ViRGE wrote on May 4, 2013, 19:06:
There's really nothing more carriers can do. They already block phones.

They could... Oh I don't know, triangulate the position the way they do in emergencies? Or the way a FREE app does? I think apple even charges for this service. Phones don't travel at the speed of light, when u realize it's stolen or missing the phone company can find it and you can send the police to recover / arrest. Charge $50 and only release info to the police if necessary.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced
9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced May 1, 2013, 16:01 Tumbler

Crossing my fingers that Respawns new IP steals the show and mocks Infinity Ward. Probably too much to hope for considering they're basically starting over.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 29, 2013, 21:37 Tumbler

Illumiroom looks interesting but seems like more trouble than its worth. A projector on your coffee table? Didn't we just throw out coffee tables so we can use kinect?

Oculus rift looks world's better than this.

News Comments > Respawn's Debut an MS Console Exclusive?
7. Re: Respawn's Debut an MS Console Exclusive? Apr 29, 2013, 21:14 Tumbler

would prefer not to need a console to play the game. Oh well guess I'll have to play other games.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
17. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 29, 2013, 16:29 Tumbler

Snark aside, the Littoral Combat Ship program is actually an attempt to SAVE money.

Which is probably why we heard about it in the first place. Hey guys, this fucking bill over here is going to cost us money! Call our reps, we gotta get everyone mad about this bill. Tell em it's wasteful spending, we don't need more ships and they're going to spend a lot of money on ships! It'll cost us a few million to get some representation on our side but we're going to miss out on 10x that over the next 10 years if that bill passes!

Tonight on Hannity! The Navy is wasting your tax dollars! They're going to go build ships we don't need! We need to cut spending, we need to lower taxes! Government spending is always wrong!

Meanwhile back in Navy headquarters. Sorry Tim, you're plan to build destroyers that will cost 1/2 as much to operate each year was shot down as being too expensive. We're going to retrofit older destroyers so they are heavier, use more fuel and cost far more to maintain instead. We're not made of money here you know. Can't be buying fancy new ships whenever we want you know. Why don't you go take the day off, we're paying some contractors to paint the ship, gotta make due with what we got.

News Comments > Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Funded
1. Re: Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Funded Apr 29, 2013, 12:57 Tumbler

...wait, isn't this a game that came out on steam recently?

*Checking* Ah, no I'm confusing this with Endless Space.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Metro: Last Light
5. Re: Gone Gold - Metro: Last Light Apr 25, 2013, 12:47 Tumbler

High hopes!

*Checks price* $50? Hmm, well maybe when it's half off. Anyone see any deals?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2013, 17:25 Tumbler

Iphone screens look comically small. My wife has an iphone for work and we both have Galaxy S3's, my god that thing is nice to look at. The iphone? hahahah.

Keep it up Apple, I'm sure no one minds.

In fairness the size of the phone for the Galaxy S3 makes it harder to do things one handed. On my old phone, droid incredible, the size was great for operating the thing one handed. Trying to use the S3 one handed is kind of a joke but I can't say I want to go back to the smaller screens. I'm glad I didn't move up to the Samsung Note though, was considering buying that but after adjusting to the size of the S3 I'm glad I didn't.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 22:38 Tumbler

I was excited to see the star ship combat... Then I watched some of it on YouTube. It's an on rails turret sequence. Great job on the trailers guys, the space combat looked nothing like that.  

News Comments > "Strong Possibility" Relic to Make Dawn of War 3
9. Re: Apr 23, 2013, 13:02 Tumbler

Based on how CoH2 is looking I'm going to put this on my "not going to be good" list. I think they're going to continue on the path of DoW2 based on what I'm seeing in CoH2 and that is unfortunate.

I think they're missing a lot of opportunities to sell content by structuring their games the way they are. In CoH2 the color of your vehicles can be set by you but only after you unlock those colors. Based on what I've seen in the beta it seems they will be offering a tiny bit of content to unlock and then selling most of it as micro transactions. And there doesn't appear to be that much in the first place.

I think this is lazy. They should have offered a lot of customization options at the start, more than seem to be in the game, and then worked on making more after launch that could be sold.

How fucking hard is it to make custom tank skins? I would guess a modder could make dozens in the space of an hour. I think it'd be great to be able to customize the look of your army for all the units, not just the vehicles. You should be able to customize your army leader too

They did something like this in DoW2, you could change the colors which was nice but all this extra stuff you unlock as you play you couldn't pick and choose what you wanted. It was simply forced upon you.

CoH2 should have been an evolution of this idea but instead it's just a half assed lazy patch where you can pick tank colors. You should be able to build a commander and pick the powers/weapons/tanks. All the commanders you pick should give your army a unique look, including one you build. Why isn't there a unit on the field that represents your commander?

Going back to DoW2, what they should be aiming for in DoW3 is allowing users to purchase custom commander units and elite units that change the apprearance of your army in the game. Each army in 40k has very unique features. I played Blood Angels and while you could adjust the colors of your army to look like Blood Angels you never got your custom commander. (Dante) Or you custom Psycher (Mephiston). Each army had several unique commanders and high level characters. Even the units had more specific designs. Devastator squads for blood angels had blue helmets. Death Company was painted mostly black with red highlights. (assault squad basically) Dark Angels were green but their terminator squads were bone colored and known as Death Wing.

All these additions could be accomplished with cosmetic upgrades, the units could fight identically to other squads but their appearances would be different.

If that is what they were aiming for in CoH2 I'd be excited. Sadly it seems like they are taking the same basic idea of DoW2 and just wrapping it onto CoH2. Cept you can't change your army colors. (uniforms) And there is no commander unit even though you have to pick someone. How fucking cool would it be if choosing hte commander had a unit come out onto the field that you had to protect. If you wanted to use his powers you needed to have him nearby? If he's killed you have to bring in another commander and start over?

Bah, so much potential and they show up with none of it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 22, 2013, 17:05 Tumbler

I just finished Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained about a month ago! Fantastic books! They reminded me of the complexity of the game of thrones books. The author likes to just throw you into the deep end and see how long it takes you to learn to swim.

I felt like the author was fucking with me for half the book and at that point things finally started moving forward.

Amazing universe he manages to build and a believable future. It's equal to Dune (the first book) but delivers more. Dune is tragically short. There are 6 books but the first one is unique. The remaining books don't have the same intensity. I made it to the end of book 4 (dune) and quit. Bored as hell.

I passed on Misspent Youth. Are the follow up books after those two any good? (Void Trilogy)

Reading House of Suns atm, that is kind of dragging, need to finish it and move on.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention Pushing Ice. I really enjoyed that one, it's the same author as House of Suns, Alastair Reynolds. Highly recommend Pushing Ice.

6080 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo