Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 5982 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 16, 2013, 14:37 Tumbler

Hey hey HEY! Only companies get to outsource their work asshole. You can't just outsource you're work to someone else and pass it off as your own. That is immoral.

Now I've got to go teach some kids in india how to talk like an American citizen so that our customers think they're talking to someone here when their TV stops working. That's just good business right there. Of course I'm in America sir, I live in Ohio, now let me reset your cable modem and see if that fixes the problem. No, ok can you pull out the network cable from wall jack? Does it work now? No, ok can you...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2013, 11:41 Tumbler

It's the same lead time the 360 got. Announced in May, on shelves for Christmas. The PS3 was announced the same day but released a year later, which many felt hurt them by reducing PS2 sales and giving the 360 a year of momentum over the PS3.

I don't think the year head start is what hurt them. Lack of games and a price tag that didn't seem to be justified hurt that system. The games didn't look good enough to ask for an extra $200. Plus many of the exclusive titles got delayed (gran turismo) or chopped up, warhawk, to the point of being different games.

All the titles that caught my attention didn't show up until at least a year after launch. That wasn't he case on the 360. Going forward they need a strong launch lineup.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition
3. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 13:12 Tumbler

I half expecting something cool like a statue of a guy in an upgraded suit or something...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 9, 2013, 14:17 Tumbler

Hmm, my father has been asking for a sliding Tablet like this for ages. $1300 is nuts though. I would think you can get a Nexus 10 plus keyboard for much less. Will have to keep an eye on these, he has a Birthday in Feb, would be a good present I think...$1300...ugh.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 17:46 Tumbler

I would expect by the end of 2013 we will see most games on PS3 / 360 being ported to Wii U as well so most large games ship on all three platforms. The Wii U's hardware always made it seem like they were trying to slide into the cross platform gaming market where CoD and Assassin's Creed are. (for example) Considering most of the games that came at launch were already out long before the wii u versions I would expect a game like crysis 3 to have all it's resources devoted to the 360/ps3 versions (and the "pc" one) and then after it ships they'd make it on wii u if that even made financial sense.  

News Comments > On Standalone DayZ DelayZ
1. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 7, 2013, 17:25 Tumbler

So we've been watching this whole War Z thing and it's, frankly, scaring the shit out of us. I mean we were pretty happy with our game but seeing how the fans of that zombie survival game have basically burned that company to the ground we thought we'd hold our game back a bit and check for a few more bugs... People are serious about their zombie games as you know.  

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore This Weekend
1. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:07 Tumbler

Hmm I kind of want Sleeping Dogs...just in case. Not going to install it or play it or anything like that but that is one of those games I'd like to have on my steam list. $17? Nah, I can wait, I was thinking maybe $10...but by the time it gets down that low I'll probably only be willing to pay $5.

They should have a purchase option called "Pack Rat" where you can buy a game for $5 but then you can't play it for a month. Like it's a lay away thing with a 30 day waiting period. Lotta money just sitting on the table guys. I'm guessing people who want to play the game today will still pay you $16 but for folks like me I'm likely never going to play this game and i"m still willing to give you $5 today.

News Comments > Console BioShock Bundle
7. Re: Console BioShock Bundle Jan 4, 2013, 13:54 Tumbler

Seems to be listed at 29.99 on Amazon which seems too high, $20 seems like the sweet spot. The games themselves are $5 games. They've been on sale multiple times for that so I find it hard to believe that they expect people to pay an extra $20 for the extra stuff. Maybe it will be on sale for $20 on release.  

News Comments > The War Z at War
15. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 12:04 Tumbler

This whole situation seems to have gone farther than it needs to go. Isn't this a $40 game in the end? I thought I saw on the website that it's $40 to get into the beta or alpha or whatever. It seems like getting ripped off is just part of the industry. I know I've felt cheated buying games in the past. Seems like the point has been made. This game is a ripoff. Got it. Be nice to move on.  

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 3, 2013, 18:24 Tumbler

Is 3DS piracy that bad? I would have thought it to be fairly difficult since the 3DS is a closed system, and the software is on cartridges. I was under the impression that console (xbox, PS, nintendo, etc.) was fairly low vs. the PC. Is this not the case?

There was a rumor or something that showed up on reddit about the 3DS being hackable through a certain game.

I think his comment is assuming that the rumor is true and he's being asked "What are your feelings on piracy and the 3ds?"

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 3, 2013, 13:19 Tumbler

That dev comment is just plain sad. If you're selling enough copies of your game to make it worth all the trouble of making it why does piracy suddenly make it not worth it?

I guess in his mind if piracy goes up then that means sales have to go down but I can't remember the last time I looked at a game I wanted to buy and said, "Well let's go see if I can pirate it first..." Assuming the game is priced correctly I'll just pay for it and be on my way.

Pay attention to your sales. That should be what you make decisions based on.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2013, 21:02 Tumbler

I want to know what they are offering for the games. Gift certs to where?

Edit: $25! No specifics on where to but they said something like a water park? I'd prefer cash, how about the city just cuts a check?

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2013, 21:20.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - WarBirds 2103
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - WarBirds 2103 Dec 20, 2012, 14:00 Tumbler

Woohoo! Future air combat is finall....son of a bitch. Was all pumped to see ufo's, hover cars, and flying battleships duking it out.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Dec 18, 2012, 13:42 Tumbler

The pricing seems odd, why not just offer it free to people who have subscribed? It costs $15 to subscribe for a month for most people i'm guessing, I would guess you'd get a lot more subscribers for a short time and net far more money that way than you will offering the expansion for $10 to subs and $20 to f2p'ers.

But maybe the name of the game is to squeeze the subbers as hard as you can. Pay us $15 AND $10! ($25!!!) The f2p's can just give us $20.

News Comments > EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM
24. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 13:33 Tumbler

Browsing through that AMA I'm struggling to find answers from the Devs. Maybe the most upvoted questions came to the top after the ama ended but to me it looks like the devs didn't want to respond to a lot of the questions. (A lot of the questions asked about Always online DRM)

Honestly it sounds fucking horrible for a game like that to have always online drm. I play civ V still and I love the long games and how immersed I'd get. At no point can I come up with a reason why making that game "online" would improve it.

It's already on steam so I have to launch that everytime I play it and it's a hassle if internet is out but that rarely happens. But having that hassle be something that could jump in at any time during a 6 hour game?!

This is just greed pushing this feature. We need more control! If we have more control we can make people pay us more money! Look at how much money you lose when people can still play Civ V without htat new expansion! That is free game time! We can be getting paid if was online only!

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2012, 13:47 Tumbler

The Swtor opinions are spot on. I was interested to go explore the game again when it went F2P but then I went looking over the rules and restrictions. It was exhausting. It seemed like more fun to just not play than it did to try and understand what you could do as F2P.

What they should have done is just made playing PvP and running PvE flashpoints more than 1x per day cost money. (cartel coins) Subs get to play with no limits. New content via cartel coins. Subs get cartel coins for a discount (you get $20 worth of Cartel Coins each month for $15 for example), F2P can buy them at the normal price. Make new content to sell each month and collect the money.

KISS.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

You forgot to mention that if you aren't subbed, ie. F2P, you can only do 3 missions (including failures to complete) per fucking week...

Honestly, I reckon serial pedophiles have more decency than EA/Bioware at this point. This game didn't have a hell of a lot of credibility to being with, but it's really plunged to the bottom of the barrel...

I tried one of the heroics today with my all purple ship (no idea what level it is, but it was max level of everything a month after go live) and didn't last more than a minute. Most of the objective ships I couldn't even scratch (literally half of 150 odd missiles blown to shoot down 6 bombers). It's the same old shit with higher level requirements.

Now I'm curious to know how much they want for those packs of level 7 ship items. Not interested in paying them for that stuff but considering how much time they expect you to put into running those missions to get that gear I wonder what they're hoping you'll do instead...

Logging in...

Edit: It's about $10 to get all the items you need. I think the offense and defense packs should make it possible to do the missions with ease. I was able to purchase a beam generator which upped my damage by 100 per shot and that seemed to make it possible to shoot and kill a few things. Playing on a multi monitor setup sucks though because one side of the screen has the cursor fly off and you stop moving.

the mission I tried was the asteroid / mine one which is really annoying as hell currently. I'll try some others later. Haven't run into the limit you mentioned, I've done the mission 2x and failed both times at almost hte same spot :(.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2012, 15:08.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 00:28 Tumbler

Hmm, I'll be interested to see the heroic space missions. That ship explosion is something I felt they should have had in those mission all along. The capital ships had all sorts of points to take out but in the end nothing happened.

I'm hoping that it will be possible to blow up larger ships instead of just turning into flaming wrecks.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Delayed
21. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 15:03 Tumbler

Meh, lost interest in this game. I'll look at it when it comes out, on to other things.  

News Comments > Creative Assembly Making Warhammer Games
11. Re: Creative Assembly Making Warhammer Games Dec 6, 2012, 13:34 Tumbler

Total war with the WH license? Sounds very interesting.  

5982 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo