Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6113 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 19:57 Tumbler

I would be slightly more interested in kinect 2.0 if it worked with the pc. Keep up the good work MS.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2013, 17:56 Tumbler

Even if you don't believe in paid reviews (and I believe it's far less common than people here think), there's still the whole hand-that-feeds issue. Which isn't nefarious so much as human nature.

I don't fault game journo's for this. Someone said it perfectly in the past, "Access is precious". The companies making games can pick and choose who they give access and if a game news site would like access it pays to be neutral to positive in how you approach your work.

It's often not reality in my experience so I take a lot of the opinions and ratings from game news sites with a grain of salt. It's become worlds easier to judge a game thanks to youtube let's play videos. I love those things.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2013, 17:10 Tumbler

Improvements need to be made. Games journalism still has a way to go before it becomes just that journalism.

If anyone does real journalism I think they're basically black balled from the entire industry. I think as a general rule Game Journo's are going to tell you the upside to a game. If that upside doesn't sound very impressive then you probably want to go try it before you buy it in some way.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 17:09 Tumbler

Once something is out there for the XBOne, it's supported on the Cloud. The amount of money Microsoft would gain from taking it down would be pennies a month.

You know dividends are paid in pennies per share. This is a sales pitch.

MS can't even keep content that was sold on XBLA in storage so that people can re download it. Cyberball 2072 comes to mind, went looking for it and wanted to play. It's no longer on XBLA. You can't even download it if you've purchased in the past. (Like I did) (2007 if you're wondering)

They pull stuff off the current xbox "cloud" right now to save money. Just like EA shuts down servers for older games. They're saving pennies doing it but that is ok with them, they don't want to spend 1 penny more than absolutely necessary.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 16:39 Tumbler

It's sad to think that people believe this crap about the cloud. Having online servers can be useful but they have to be paid for. MS hasn't been all that generous with it's users or it's devs. Overpriced content on XBLA, $60 fee to see advertising, $40,000 fee for patches, forcing prices on DLC...yeah suddenly MS is going to give everyone free dedicated servers!

Wake up people. Whatever they offer will be premium priced.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 23:13 Tumbler

I'm very happy with how Planetary Annihilation is coming along. I went in on the $100 kickstarter package so at some point I'll see an awesome T-shirt and a bad ass little model of my commander!

Had several kickstarter things happen this week, Star Citizen shipped me my Citizen card, Rear Admiral in Chrome Metal, looks amazing plus my two T-shirts and the board game The Perfect Heist showed up!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2013, 19:03 Tumbler

I jumped on that DCS sale! P51,huey,black shark 2 and combined arms. I think my a10 steam version send in with DCS world. I love playing around in the click able cockpits!  

News Comments > Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance
26. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 22, 2013, 21:08 Tumbler

I just got my Citizen card and to shirts this week! I'm in for over 500 at this point, Constellation and a pirate ship. Can't wait to see the finished product!  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 21, 2013, 11:43 Tumbler

Even if ms dropped to $399 I dought they'd match Ps4 sales. MS was caught res handed trying to rip people off. They need to make amends by either offering better content/services or under cutting Sony on price by a healthy margin. I'm assuming ppl will will only buy one of these and at this point buying the 180 looks like a trap.  

News Comments > Free Aliens: Colonial Marines
15. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 14:12 Tumbler

Meh, seems like a lot of work to get a copy of Aliens: CM...  

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 10:30 Tumbler

Hmm, I went to Amazon and figured I'd pre order just in case... Couldn't pull the trigger. I'm still good with waiting.

Prob a good time to sell my 360.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
77. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 19:50 Tumbler

The xbox one eighty. Good lord that is stuck.  

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 17:58 Tumbler

Microsoft Addresses Geographical Concerns Over Cloud Service for Xbox One

All the crap microsoft is spewing about the cloud making their system better sounds a lot like the "Blu-Ray makes ps3 better" marketing blurbs.

The few examples they give for how it does this basically sounds like dedicated servers...If dedicated servers can make my pc 2x faster then sign me the fuck up. What am I doing buying all this expensive hardware when I can just rent the extra horsepower I need from a server somewhere and POOF, CRYSIS 3 ULTRA SETTINGS.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 12:28 Tumbler

Ratty wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 11:45:
Wait, didn't I read someplace that their reply to the question was "Microsoft Studios" games would be 59.99 but they declined to comment on any other publishers' games? Is this a clarification?

There has been no clarification on standard price for third party games. They could still announce it at $69.99.

You can't really assume anything with MS because everything they've announced becomes different on closer inspection. MS came out assuming no one would care about the details.

MS Xbox One Mission Statement: "Everyone loves xbox so we know it's going to sell, so what do we want to have in it?"

MS PR folks are awe struck at the questions coming from gamers and the press.

"Why the 24 hour limits, why so restrictive?"
I...don't you want to know where you can pre-order? I have this list right here, ask me about that.

"Why Region Locked"
...we're selling it overseas, isn't that great! You can buy it there too!

"We can't resell our games?"
Cloud, you see you get the cloud now, so pre-order! XBOX!

Behind the scenes: You said they'd love us!!! You said this would be a cake walk!? It's the fucking bay of pigs out here! We're getting slaughtered!!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
23. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 16, 2013, 13:24 Tumbler

Any form of cheating should be grounds for immediate termination and lock out from all games. That's one thing I can agree with.

Careful, the wording you use here would also punish people playing sp that want to cheat the ai. I think people should be able to play a sp game anyway they like. Heck, mods can be considered cheating as well since you're doing things outside the approved game play. Competitive mp would be the only thing where a ban makes sense. Even Co op cheating should be allowed, if you find a way to make your gun fire non stop without cool down for example and you and your friends go around killing enemy ai all day no ban needed.

The lack of these kind of controls in place has made pc gaming a very cool place.

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 15:31 Tumbler

Xbox One sharing groups not restricted to family.

...right... I'll believe that when I see it. Anyone who believes this probably owns a lot of bridges.

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
1. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 14:27 Tumbler

Looks very cool. I like the combination of mech / soldier gameplay.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage
9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage Jun 9, 2013, 19:49 Tumbler

Seems like we already did the underwater stuff with MW3. Should be very interesting to see if one of the new ip's can steal the thunder from this franchise. I'm a little shocked that they aren't better prepared to jump on the next gen consoles. I would expect destiny and titan (respawns game) to set the visual standards.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 20:01 Tumbler

That loco cycle game... That'll get lined up at launch for sure. It looks like a fucking ipad game.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 6, 2013, 13:32 Tumbler

The TV thing is so dumb because people want to cut the cord, not further burden themselves with yet another device dependent on it. Really dumb.

With it's current features the whole idea is dumb. Windows 7 comes with a "media center" program that I believe offers similar functionality but I think it can also record programs. (you need a tv tuner in your pc obviously)

It would be a great feature if they allowed you to have a Cable Card in your box and just plug cable straight into that. Add DVR functionality and I think everyone would be excited.

A pass through overlay? No thanx. It already makes more sense to just use the Comcast xfinity website to watch on demand content versus using their box interface, why would I want to use that interface through my 360!? The newer tivo models have their own interface to access on demand content.

The only thing this feature seems designed to do is watch live sports. Putting a lot of eggs in one basket for that considering I'd rather watch "live" sports via a dvr and save myself an hour of commercials.

Plus shipping this thing with Kinect standard? That might be the worst part of the whole deal. Shipping it standard seems to me that they're going to require developers to use it and so far it's been a complete joke for the games I enjoy playing. I see that device being more useful for games like angry birds, chess and other mobile friendly games that I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars in order to play.

Assuming both PS4 and ONE show up with some used game restrictions that put them on par with the PC I don't see a good reason to put up with all this bullshit when I can use the PC + Gamepad. (plus pay pennies on the dollar for games)

6113 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo