Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6094 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 6, 2013, 13:32 Tumbler

The TV thing is so dumb because people want to cut the cord, not further burden themselves with yet another device dependent on it. Really dumb.

With it's current features the whole idea is dumb. Windows 7 comes with a "media center" program that I believe offers similar functionality but I think it can also record programs. (you need a tv tuner in your pc obviously)

It would be a great feature if they allowed you to have a Cable Card in your box and just plug cable straight into that. Add DVR functionality and I think everyone would be excited.

A pass through overlay? No thanx. It already makes more sense to just use the Comcast xfinity website to watch on demand content versus using their box interface, why would I want to use that interface through my 360!? The newer tivo models have their own interface to access on demand content.

The only thing this feature seems designed to do is watch live sports. Putting a lot of eggs in one basket for that considering I'd rather watch "live" sports via a dvr and save myself an hour of commercials.

Plus shipping this thing with Kinect standard? That might be the worst part of the whole deal. Shipping it standard seems to me that they're going to require developers to use it and so far it's been a complete joke for the games I enjoy playing. I see that device being more useful for games like angry birds, chess and other mobile friendly games that I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars in order to play.

Assuming both PS4 and ONE show up with some used game restrictions that put them on par with the PC I don't see a good reason to put up with all this bullshit when I can use the PC + Gamepad. (plus pay pennies on the dollar for games)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta Jun 5, 2013, 15:12 Tumbler

I'm going to install it just to see what customization options have come available as far as the commanders and skins go. Pretty sure I'm passing on this game but if they've made major improvements to customization, skins, commanders, then it's a maybe...  

News Comments > Blood Bowl: Star Coach Open Beta
1. Re: Blood Bowl: Star Coach Open Beta Jun 4, 2013, 18:28 Tumbler

They should make Blood bowl :Starcraft! That'd be awesome, they should ask blizzard if they want to team up for something like that.  

News Comments > Xenonauts Early Access
9. Re: Xenonauts Early Access Jun 1, 2013, 11:47 Tumbler

Hmm, $20 is too much for me atm. I love me some Xcom but I'm drowning in games. Bought that humble bundle with the first poker night, bought sleeping dogs complete, bought torchlight 2 a while back, metro last light, I need to get some game time for all my games!  

News Comments > On Sales and Discounts
4. Re: On Sales and Discounts May 31, 2013, 12:00 Tumbler

This would be a perfect game to include in a humble bundle in the future, maybe when the Oculus rift has retail products selling they can do a humble Oculus rift bundle.  

27. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2013, 17:30 Tumbler

PS4 and Vita remote play is just like Nintendo's Wii U handheld controller... why would anyone get that (Wii U) when you can just have a Vita/PS4? Nintendo is screwed now.

I'm more hopeful that Sony can offer a fully cross platform solution for Wii U games so that any third party games can become cross platform on the PS4!

I've given up hope that Nintendo will have trouble though, they're like the Disney of video games. They're catalog of games is just too fucking strong to ever give them serious trouble. Make a mario / zelda game and they'll be fine. Didn't they just buy the Sonic IP as well!?

23. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2013, 15:49 Tumbler

Hmm, my kids are in bed at 8:30, so I start gaming at 9. Is that not possible? Also, time to set up the game PC in the study so you can go in and lock the door?

I do all my gaming after the kids go to bed but I find myself struggling to stay awake for more than 2 hours...I miss my all day gaming marathons. That is all I want for fathers day, birthday's, christmas, just take the kids and give me 12 hours of uninterrupted game time. During the day!

Maybe the Oculus Rift would be smarter...I'm sure no one will mind that...

17. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2013, 13:35 Tumbler

Well I think Sony just sold a PS4 and a Vita to me! I run into issues all the time when I can't play my video games because my girls are in the room. My wife is very careful in what the girls can watch on TV so video games with even a little bit of violence can't be played when they're around...and they're always around!

Looking forward to this feature.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation May 28, 2013, 23:19 Tumbler

Are they just going off the Sony PS3 launch play book at this point? So many things they say sound too much like the bullshit sony was peddling before the ps3 launched.  

News Comments > SimCity Expands
7. Re: SimCity Expands May 28, 2013, 23:06 Tumbler

Maxis' new DRM-impeded urban planning game.

Hahaha, very nice.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 15:10 Tumbler

XBOne! (pronounced X-bone)

This fits perfectly. It's trying to be cool but fails so miserably.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes May 22, 2013, 23:39 Tumbler

Hmm I'm confused. So today I bought Alan Wake for $5, plus the DLC American Nightmare, don't even want to play it, just add it to my steam library and maybe i'll look at it later.

But this game if I just want to try the older product, enchantress, costs $29.99...? No demo I can see, I think I'll just go play something else. Good luck with that hilarious price.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers May 21, 2013, 23:54 Tumbler

that look almost as good as Crysis 1

That is exactly what I thought when they were showing the Jungles. Oh so you're saying it looks like Crysis?

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
31. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 14:35 Tumbler

Are we sure this is Danger Close Games? The article says it's a new studio; DCG is already open, and the kind of employment numbers they're talking about would be lower than what DCG already has.

No, I'm not sure, Reddit had a post saying EA LA and Danger close are being merged into one studio called DICE LA. It links a VG 24/7 article:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/15/ea-opens-dice-la-will-work-on-star-wars-ip/

That article has mentions of people from Danger Close coming over to DICE LA already so I think it's a prediction at this point. (If not just wild guessing)

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
21. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 12:38 Tumbler

Someone mentioned that a Star Wars themed Mirror's edge sequel would be awesome! I got excited by that.

Then EA said, no this studio making all these fine metal of honor game, that is who will make our star wars games!

I guess we can hope that this studio won't be the only one making star wars games...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 13, 2013, 23:36 Tumbler

I want to buy coins, real coins. Those look cool, I want those coins. None of this digital bullshit, how do I get some of those sweet ass coins!  

News Comments > More Watch_Dogs Footage
18. Re: More Watch_Dogs Footage May 13, 2013, 16:44 Tumbler

Got this game in the "Don't watch or look at anything" mode. Trying to keep myself "in the dark" on any details. I'm guessing it'll be announced as a launch game on the new consoles so hopefully the pc version will turn out ok...maybe even release on the same day and date!  

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews
9. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews May 13, 2013, 16:41 Tumbler

Hmmm, LA Noire with aliens. Weird...not exciting, just odd.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation May 11, 2013, 11:09 Tumbler

The only thing I use my xbox for at this point is to test trades I get in the mail. Once I know the game works I'll go sell it on Amazon or use it as a trade in locally. I'm wondering if I should sell it before that may 21st date...  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support
7. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support May 10, 2013, 20:20 Tumbler

I want oculous rift support for black mesa.  

6094 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo