Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6071 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Aug 29, 2013, 16:12 Tumbler

Trying to give myself a full day off on my birthday this year, Oct 2. Going to be this game all day. Kids hopefully going to parents for 2 night sleep over the day before, dawn till dusk game a thon. I'd stay up all night but..heh, 10pm is about as long as my body goes.

Maybe I should plan on renting a few games from red box too. Just in case.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 13:43 Tumbler

MS seems willing intent on spending their way out of this mess that is the 180. Hopefully after launch their checkbook will get taken away by MS Corp and they won't be able to keep messing with third party DLC and early content nonsense. I'm getting sick of your shit MS.

I really need to list my 360 with Kinect for sale....

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
12. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 13:37 Tumbler

I'm curious enough to rent the game on PS3 when it comes out. Why can't we have an offline mode for the pc where we can summon ai mates like you can in Dragon's Crown? I have no interest in that fucking auction house and it affects everything about loot drops in "MY GAME". The actual instance where I play doesn't affect anyone. I just want to be able to mess around and have fun and I have no interest in using my awesome loot against others or selling it or trading it, WTF blizzard?

Just make an offline mode and let people who own the game play the way to have fun. No one wants to grind for gold and manage auctions to get their loot.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 28, 2013, 17:44 Tumbler

Looking at the 180 today and what we are expecting at launch it would make complete sense if they were planning on a 2014 launch and Sony surprised them. MS seems he'll bent on pushing the kinect so I'm still puzzled why they don't have a pack in killer app that requires kinect. It's hard to believe they didn't intend on having something so if this is a rush to market maybe the Kinect games aren't ready to show. (my god how much Shit must a first party kinect only dev be dealing with right now) GIVE ME SOMETHING, FINISH IT, I HAVE YOUR KIDS, GIVE ME A GAMER TO SELL!  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2013, 00:16 Tumbler

I'm really enjoying War Thunder. I've spent a total of $4 and if they can get Ground and Sea stuff running so I could jump between those during a combat session I can see myself playing the crap out of that. They even have a Wake Island map! Free To Play games can be great, I think Planetside 2 is ok, World of Tanks is great.

The problem seems to come from "Traditional" development teams / Publishers that want to gouge consumers $1 at a time just like they do at launch of games asking people to pay $50-$60 and then a month later it's selling for half that. When those folks start building a game to suck money out of people you end up with something like the SWTOR FTP model or cash shops in MMO's with subscriptions. (STO)

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 27, 2013, 16:06 Tumbler

On a different note, I totally hope Microsoft rushes the 180 out the door just to beat Sony by a week. That gives it way more chance to fail horribly.

I meant to mention an article yesterday about the white Xbox One. It's crazy to me that MS has a better looking box they aren't selling to consumser, but the kicker is that it comes with a year of Live plus some or all of the first party launch games. To me selling that White version with either a year of live or some digital versions of first party games would be a fucking epic uppercut in this battle with Sony. The 180 is ugly, it's forcing you to buy something no one wants (kinect) and it comes with nothing to play on it. Not even 3 months free live gold... The FTP stuff alone is going to be pretty impressive for PS4 owners to look at and you don't have to spend money.

I can't wait for launch, I'm going to be extremely disappointed if consumers buy the 180 as is in big numbers.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Leaks?
13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Leaks? Aug 24, 2013, 16:00 Tumbler

I was hoping that listening to the audio stuff for the radio stations would be fun on my headset for a few hours...it's not. It's all skippy and I'm pretty sure it'd drive you crazy to listen to it like this because it constantly jumps back in songs so it will play the chorus of a song like 4 times in a row then will play through the song as expected, then it will do that at other random points in recordings and after 10 min or so it was too frustrating to keep trying :(.  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 22, 2013, 16:18 Tumbler

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 15:58:
PHJF wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 15:41:
If they are giving FIFA14 to Europe, what the fuck does NA get?

A piece of paper that says "our preorder numbers were fine here, sorry".

Heh, that would fit perfectly with the PR campaign they've been running so far!

I think they will pack in a major game though, they're going to get murdered at retail if they try and push this thing at $500 for just the box and sensor. If they're willing to throw in Fifa 14 in Europe then hopefully they'd throw in something equally popular here...like COD or BF4. It sounds crazy but they would change the momentum of this fight if they packed in a major game with every Xbox.

My pre-order on the 180 is definitely getting canceled if they stick with what they've got, I don't think they want to drop the price to $449 so it's either eat it on a pack in game or end up just like the PS3 with people saying "no way it won't sell out! It will totally sell all the launch ones" then have stacks of them in stores that people are taking pictures of.

The whole "kinect" is optional change is them basically giving up on it. I don't think they can pull it from the boxes they intend to sell so their stuck with selling that $500 box, question is what do they need to throw into it to make people bite.

They could do a year of xbox live with every console...but that wouldn't feel the same as getting a game with it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2013, 13:03 Tumbler

I hear good things about payday 2 but $30 seems too high. I'll see if someone wants to trade it on vgfive or 99gamers.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 10, 2013, 09:56 Tumbler

So reading through that its...exactly what Sony announced last month with your PSN accounts, ok then. At least they're trying to match competitors again.

The only difference from Xbox Live gold today and Gold on the 180 seems to be setting a console in particular to be your "Home" console. That console gets the benefits of your gold account even if you aren't logged in. (your games, online permissions etc) I would assume that if you're logged in elsewhere using your profile that the home console cannot be used at the same time...but that is something to check once the system is out.

News Comments > $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
27. Re: $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition Aug 9, 2013, 15:02 Tumbler

A full sized replica Dubstep Gun

Replica? Fuck you for a million dollars give me a real one. Get the dod working on that.

17. Re: Amazon Developing Android Console... Aug 9, 2013, 14:31 Tumbler

I'm so glad I don't shop at Gamestop. Their upgrade credit works like this:

You buy a new game within 30 days or release for 360. (you're a powerup rewards member too)
Before December 31, 2013 you go back with that game and trade it in for the 180 version.
AFTER that transaction they send you a $50 trade in credit coupon via email.

I'm assuming you get nothing for trading the game in when you buy the 180 version and you're going to pay full price a 2nd time for the "same" game. Then you get a $50 coupon that has to be spent by december 31.

It's possible you get the normal trade in credit plus another $50 credit but I doubt it. It's possible you could buy one of these games for 360 on sale on black friday, trade it in and end up getting the 180 version, free...ish.

It's going to end up costing you the same amoutn if you just sell the game yourself on amazon and then go buy the version you want. Possibly buying used would help a bit but I would count on the online code features to be far worse on 180 than they are on 360 despite the turn around MS is talking about and EA saying they aren't going to use online passes anymore.

The 180 was designed to fuck consumers over, they can talk about change but that thing was born to fuck and it's going to get laid eventually.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 21:16 Tumbler

I don't think they should be putting Major Nelson in front of a Camera...he comes off pretty douche.

My favorite part was when he was getting to the xbox, "And then we have the beautiful console, all wrapped up, waiting for you"...it looks like it's wrapped in a trash bag and it could not be more generic and boring in appearance. I think the Wii U console might give it a run for it's money for least interesting electronic device you own.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 14:05 Tumbler

I'm surprised Nintendo is still taking a loss on the WiiU. It just doesn't strike me as being all that expensive to manufacture given the relative size and simplicity of the components. That pad must cost more than I give it credit for.

It probably has a lot to do with total order size. They can't go make enormous amounts of them because they know they won't sell. Ideally sales of your console will grow each month but the Wii U is going the opposite direction. That drives costs up when you have to cut your total orders down all the time. This month we need you to make 300,000. Ok now we need 200,000. They probably could make a profit if they could build enough of them but demand isn't there. You'd be building them just to have them sit in a warehouse.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2013, 17:33 Tumbler

Heh, the $13.37 credit seems a little stupid. Free money is free money but I think 1337 stopped being cool a while back. Now those guys are a fuckheads you want to mute on xbox live.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2013, 19:58 Tumbler

states that Bang With Friends infringes upon Zynga's trademark covering games such as Words With Friends and Chess With Friends.] q

Heh, I looked at their website and they do have a lot of games that use "with friends". One is called hanging with friends. Wonder if this is a competition thing.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned
12. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 13:05 Tumbler

Kind of exciting to see the DLC they have planned. The rapture adventure seems like a perfect fit. I think putting it in a different setting is really smart. If it connects to the original story, fine, if not I still think it could be cool to have a whole seperate adventure with different characters. Alternate reality.

The whole Season Pass plus 2 part dlc and the first of the 3 parts being a mini game of sorts...I'm glad I don't purchase season passes. The one I've bought that I liked was the Borderlands 2 season pass. That one ended up costing me $60 for hte game and pass because of sales so the whole experience feels worth it in the end.

I feel like season passes basically insure the developer/publishers can half ass the content. Make one good thing then make a few other minor things just to say you made multiple items.

I have more faith that kickstarter projects will be a good return on my money than I do season passes.

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
51. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 22:57 Tumbler

Can't seem to find anyone I like in this whole story. So invisible walls was sticking up for Game Informer who asked Fish and Blow a few questions regarding xbox's change of policy recently. Fish and Blow didn't think that was worth their time and Marcus starts calling them names.

Bleh, I don't like anyone here. Invisible walls is a game informer esque podcast/vidcast, game informer will be the last people to give a shit about indies, Marcus is a person on invisible walls and is an annoying little bitch, Phil Fish is an annoying little bitch and Johnathon blow ...I still have no real opinion of him. I hope he makes more games. Everyone else can leave the game industry and I'll be just fine.

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
13. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 27, 2013, 22:09 Tumbler

Looking forward to seeing some let's play videos. I like what I see so far but no Co op mp or even vs stuff is sad.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock
27. Re: Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock Jul 26, 2013, 15:10 Tumbler

Meh, I'm feeling like this change is kind of a wash. It's possible vivendi was heavy handed in how they dealt with Acti Bliz but I've never heard that if so.

I've no idea if not having Vivendi there will make things better or worse. I think Vivendi is wise to cash out at this point simply because there is no guarantee that Acti Blizz franchises will continue to be as popular on nex gen systems. It's a "safe bet" Cod will do ok for the first few years just like Halo did on 360 but with so many new franchises and new types of games being tried I couldn't be surprised if their games don't do as well. I'd say they are in danger of not being innovative right now and sticking with the COD formula will look obsolete very quickly if games like Destiny and The Bureau (not the xcom one) end up delivering the experience people hope they will.

6071 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo