Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6054 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
51. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 22:57 Tumbler

Can't seem to find anyone I like in this whole story. So invisible walls was sticking up for Game Informer who asked Fish and Blow a few questions regarding xbox's change of policy recently. Fish and Blow didn't think that was worth their time and Marcus starts calling them names.

Bleh, I don't like anyone here. Invisible walls is a game informer esque podcast/vidcast, game informer will be the last people to give a shit about indies, Marcus is a person on invisible walls and is an annoying little bitch, Phil Fish is an annoying little bitch and Johnathon blow ...I still have no real opinion of him. I hope he makes more games. Everyone else can leave the game industry and I'll be just fine.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
13. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 27, 2013, 22:09 Tumbler

Looking forward to seeing some let's play videos. I like what I see so far but no Co op mp or even vs stuff is sad.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock
27. Re: Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock Jul 26, 2013, 15:10 Tumbler

Meh, I'm feeling like this change is kind of a wash. It's possible vivendi was heavy handed in how they dealt with Acti Bliz but I've never heard that if so.

I've no idea if not having Vivendi there will make things better or worse. I think Vivendi is wise to cash out at this point simply because there is no guarantee that Acti Blizz franchises will continue to be as popular on nex gen systems. It's a "safe bet" Cod will do ok for the first few years just like Halo did on 360 but with so many new franchises and new types of games being tried I couldn't be surprised if their games don't do as well. I'd say they are in danger of not being innovative right now and sticking with the COD formula will look obsolete very quickly if games like Destiny and The Bureau (not the xcom one) end up delivering the experience people hope they will.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 14:52 Tumbler

Downloading! Finally!!  

News Comments > MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled
3. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 12:33 Tumbler

I think they launched way too early. I don't remember seeing anything but concept art. Some of it looked good but if you want to get something like that funded you have to show something that makes your vision of the game clear. Gameplay in most cases. Some kickstarters have been successful just talking about ideas but I don't think this idea is good enough to stand on that.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released Jul 23, 2013, 18:38 Tumbler

$10...I know that isn't a lot but I can buy so much more for $10 than this offers. For just a few dollars more I can buy Rogue Legacy which I hear is fucking amazing. I'm so damn cheap I want to wait till Rogue Legacy is on sale, so good lucky selling this DLC guys.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2013, 09:00 Tumbler

I don't think you can count either set of pre orders as firm numbers because if you want the option to have either you had to preorder. I have an xbone on preorder just incase. It's likely getting canceled. I also have two ps4's on preorder. Canceling at least one of those, maybe everything. As much as getting one of these would be fun I can't think of a game I must have been this point.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 17, 2013, 13:35 Tumbler

In other words, because games have to be submitted to Microsoft testing, certified, and then pressed onto discs and shipped, Forza 5 has to be done much, much sooner than November. By requiring part of the game as a download on launch day, it gives Turn 10 extra time to finish everything. And so what you get on the disc you buy at the store won’t be the entire game.

So MS is going to certify a non working game...? What is the point of Cert?! It's incomplete, it doesn't work, ship it! It will work later, promise!

If a dev wants to ship a game with one time internet activation required plus download the rest of the game MS should require them to submit the whole thing for cert. No extra time to work on that last part, either it's ready for show time or it's not.

This also sounds suspiciously like a way to limit sharing...so content will be downloaded anonomously? Someone can rent it, connect, download the stuff they need and play? That's hard to believe, bandwidth isn't free so who's going to pay for the 15th content download for a particular copy of the game.

I have to assume they are pressing discs with unique id's this gen. Shipping every game with a unique printed code seems like a losing strategy for the console audience. It's a hassle sitting there and typing that shit in...plus you have a camera and you're supposed to recognizing speech. With Unique codes on every disc you could adopt more limiting features later as well. I have to assume MS wants to throw the switch at some point this gen and make all new games be one time connection required if not more.

News Comments > Two Guys SpaceVenture Demo
1. Re: Two Guys SpaceVenture Demo Jul 17, 2013, 13:19 Tumbler

Nice, downloading.  

News Comments > MotorGun Kickstarter
4. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 22:31 Tumbler

Hmm, I'm not seeing enough to spend $20 on. Hopefully they'll have more to show soon.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound
17. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 12:13 Tumbler

This feels like the biggest KS win so far! WOOOHOOOO!!!

And where's my key...*Checks email* ....

Wait! Gmail filters mail for me now, Promotions...KEY!!!! INSTALLING!

(Edit) SOB.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 13:33 Tumbler

I think we've officially passed the point where MS would have highlighted better features if they had any. Everything they seem to be doing is in line with that ridiculous system they pitched at E3 and before.

The big feature was Xbox + TV. I feel like the fans created the steam like features in their imagination otherwise we'd have seen microsoft expand on those. When you see a feature people are excited about why not spend more time explaining that instead of going back to stupid bullshit like Surface or the cloud.

This thing is screaming major redesign within the next year. Buying this at $500 would be the biggest gift anyone's every done for MS. Edit....maybe not as big as buying a Surface tablet...but it's damn close.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 21:29 Tumbler

Seems to be a trend with Ms. Announce shitty business decision, walk it back to something more reasonable. On paper people should be happy... In reality ms looks like an incompetent con man.  

News Comments > SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash
7. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 13:31 Tumbler

That seems crazy, people put up all that money for a pre-order?! I can see paying $5 at your local best buy or something, but I laugh at even doing that. Amazon pre-orders are the only ones I'm willing to make because they don't take any money.

Does this mean THQ took enough pre-orders to collect that much money ahead of time!? That's crazy if so. Who are these crazies pre purchasing games!

News Comments > Independence Day Consolidation
1. Re: Independence Day Consolidation Jul 4, 2013, 10:40 Tumbler

Re: Headset being included

These guys are hilarious. (MS) They obviously thought that the brand "Xbox" meant they can put shit in a box, call it xbox, and it will sell. Reality bitch slapping them every step of the way is priceless.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:41 Tumbler

Even if its just one guy not getting his (promised) pre-order then its an issue!! Just put yourself in the shoes of that guy, you would be pretty pissed wouldnt you??

I had an experience like this dealing with that Star Trek Pinball table. It's a digital item which is more frustrating but they said that I should simply login with my email I used on kickstarter. So I did. (I chose android) The app crashed every time. I asked them to look into this, I thought it may have been related to the fact that i created this account on an Ipad and I was using it on an android.

For literally 2 months I asked them to fix this and got nothing. I eventually gave up and let them know I'd be contacting Kickstarter to ask for a refund. (all $10 of it) During all this the game was for sale in their pinball app for $5. I played the demo several times while I waited but it was extremely frustrating to have them selling it to anyone who wants it for half what I paid and feeling like I was being ignored.

Shortly after I requested a refund the issue was resolved. I used a new email and they had no trouble linking the table to that but now i have this one random account that has that table.

I've not had any other issues with my kickstarter stuff. I didn't care about the table or my $10, I did care about the principal.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 12:20 Tumbler

Dear lord, you guys are FUCKED. If you have a XBOne order in now, cancel that fucker, IMMEDIATELY.

*Doseqques guy* (Fuck spelling, Dos Equis)

I don't pre-order often, but when I do I use amazon so I can cancel that fucker at the last minute.

39. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 2, 2013, 16:23 Tumbler

All I know is that I will never, ever buy an Xbox One unless they remove the pointless gimmick camera that has contributed nothing worthwhile to the platform.

It's going to be really hard for MS to justify that thing if they don't have some ace up their sleaves we haven't seen. The features it offers are a waste of money. The PS3 shipped with full backwards compatability and in very short order they had to rip that out so they could sell it at a competitive price.

MS could surprise us but there is nothing that indicates they have the talent to actually expoit that device. They're treating it like it's someone elses responsibility to sell it. After all this time they should have a killer app that uses kinect waiting in the wings. The fucking thing should come with a game that everyone is dying to play. If they can't deliver that they should remove the kinect or eat the $100 extra on price.

I think they're going to stay on course till this holiday season and then get slaughtered. Sony / PS3 style laughing at the piles of 180's sitting in stores.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorder Map Jul 1, 2013, 21:02 Tumbler

Didn't this thing turn into a big cf last time? Why do this again? There are better ways to offer bonus'.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 11:26 Tumbler

EA and MS seems like an easy match, they're both clearly delusional. Origin serves little purpose other than an obstacle to play their games. It's not a big obstacle but if their website simply offered downloads of the games directly I can't say I'd miss origin.  

6054 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo