Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6094 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
27. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 16:30 Tumbler

Eh, the time line for this change is a little disappointing. Seems rooted in making sure people have no choice but to buy the console version for the next 6 months. Maybe that is when a next gen version ships, or maybe the expansion comes out? I'll be trying the ps3 version shortly, will be interesting to see if that game is fun enough with the pc drm in the way.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th)
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th) Sep 14, 2013, 17:35 Tumbler

Looking forward to trying this on pc. I bought the premium pass on sale recently. Logged into origin and confirmed the bf4 beta listed. Will download this asap.  

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
2. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 14, 2013, 11:30 Tumbler

Timothy Zahn? Didn't he write that heir to the empire trilogy!? *checking* FUCK YES HE DID! Take my money!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 11:09 Tumbler

Companies will likely just neuter the PS4 versions so that they have parity with the Xbox One versions anyways, Microsoft will put pressure on them to do so. They don't want DigitalFoundry having an article about how the PS4 version is superior for every single multiplatform game.

If the 180 somehow sells well this holiday season they might do this back last gen when the ps3 was shit for multi plat releases there were a lot of titles that ran terrible on the ps3.

If you're going to sell 70% of your game on the PS4 and the 180 is 30% you're not going ot give a fuck if you ruffle feathers with MS and 180 owners.

News Comments > Titanfall Trailer
3. Re: Titanfall Trailer Sep 12, 2013, 22:27 Tumbler

Just FYI, not a launch title.

June 1, 2014 is listed on amazon but who knows if that is true. This game looks fantastic but don't buy a 180 for this. (yet)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 17:27 Tumbler

Hmm, will have to pick this up at a steam sale some day.  

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 17:14 Tumbler

If I was at Microsoft I'd be worrying more about what gamers may or may not love, since the PR for this machine thus far has been awful.

Seems to me everything is riding on Forza 5. That seems to be the one game people keep mentioning. Everything else can be played on existing systems or on the PS4 or people don't care. Edit* Dead Rising 3, forgot about that but I think that game looks like shit.

So no pressure guys, heh, wouldn't it be funny if that got delayed?

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 16:37 Tumbler

Titanfall isn't a launch title?

Oh man.

NOPE. June 1 2014 is listed on Amazon...and I have to wonder if MS isn't going for teh full PS3 repeat and that will get pushed back.

News Comments > Evening Previews
28. Re: Evening Previews Sep 12, 2013, 16:23 Tumbler

I'm stocking up for my Birthday (Oct 2nd)
Just bought
Saint's Row 4 PC on 99 gamers
Red Dead Redemption GOTY PS3 on 99 gamers
Diablo 3 PS3 99 gamers

Still need to buy one more game....can't remember the name...it's right on the tip of my tongue....

Oh and I bought Rogue Legacy on steam today! ($8!)

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 15:34 Tumbler

I feel like my chances of seeing a price drop on the Xbox One are good before Titanfall comes out so I'm 99.99% sure I'll be waiting to buy a 180.

I can see MS riding this thing until Titanfall releases though expecting all the naysayers to finally jump on board when that game arrives. (price be damned!) I hope the holiday sales force their hand sooner but we'll have to wait and see.

Plus if the PC version works well on a controller...the fuck am I buying a 180 for at all then?

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 17:56 Tumbler

Wish there was a way to list things for sale on Amazon to people in Argentina!  

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
35. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:46 Tumbler

Not remotely useful in real practice.

"simultaneous usage of an account's library is not allowed" = dealbreaker

Do you stay logged into steam 24/7? I think my library would be very useful to others since i'm logged out of it a lot. The fact that I can always login in and get access to my library if needed seems like the only thing I'd care about.

I wonder if my friends list will turn into a "who's offline list!" Oh Tumbler's Online, well maybe he's just in a quick game of...civ V...fuuuucccckkkkk.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
28. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:22 Tumbler

Hunh, it sounds like I can let someone else use anything in my library as long as I'm not online. Maybe it's if I'm playing something.

I have Metro Last light, someone wants to play that, I enable him/her, I log off and do something else, they can play my games. If I login later it lets them know I need my library back and I'm good.

Hmmm, sounds like it's time to make some friends!

This is hilarious considering the 180 hinted at offering something like this.

*Valve* ...so you're NOT doing that?! BRB! FAMILY SHARING BITCH!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 00:16 Tumbler

Does failing cert for sound issues seem bizarre to anyone else? Maybe it happens but I wouldn't think sound is a big hurdle.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
21. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 13:22 Tumbler

I'd be more excited to see them build a variety of different starter level ships and make those an option for players who are in the Aurora or the 300i. They already do have some variants of the 300i but I believe they all increase the cost. Having other options at the starter level or just above would be a smart move.  

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
45. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 20:21 Tumbler

You buy games as a gift. If you do this steam asks you if you want add it to your inventory. I do this with sale items I buy but don't immediately want to play. I bought just cause 2 this way on sale and later traded it.

Games you've added to your library are yours forever.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
39. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 17:05 Tumbler

This is very exciting. Thanx to trading sites like 99gamers I've been purchasing digital game via steam and other means (humble bundle) and you can list them for trade but it's a little clumsy actually making the trade.

Currently it's really hard to browse for games in peoples inventory thanx to the fucking trading cards. Games show as steam items just like trading cards so there is no way to know if a person even has games to trade.

My account, for example, has strike suit zero Mega Bundle and Organ trail in my inventory but so far I haven't even found a friend who has a game in their inventory to trade.

I hope at some point they can allow us to earn a badge or something, maybe having current CC info with a purchase in the last 30 days?, and then there will be a way to browse inventories of everyone who has that badge and make offers.

I'd love to see what people would be willing to trade for Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle rather than adding it to my library!

Steam code stuff you'll still have to trade outside of this system because the only way to use a steam code is to add it to your library, you can only trade items that were originally purchased on steam.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Sep 4, 2013, 20:13 Tumbler

War thunder is far better than world of planes. They are also building a ground game (tanks) and naval vessels so it's possible the world of tanks guys are about to drive off a cliff. It's hard to believe they'll be in trouble on the tank side but world of warplanes is a mess and war thunder is running great.  

News Comments > DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight Preorders/Beta
3. Re: DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight Preorders/Beta Sep 4, 2013, 19:56 Tumbler

Ooo, that will be fun to sit in and push buttons.  

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 15:52 Tumbler

I thought for sure they'd announce same day as COD release day, and at worst they should launch the same day as PS4...a week later? You're just asking people to go buy a PS4 instead. A week of not having the newest shit when you have can it right now for $100 less?!

Maybe they're thinking that since all the PS4's will be sold out that people will just buy the 180 because it's the only thing they can buy and everything will be ok...

6094 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo