Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6059 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Controller Demonstration Video
30. Re: Steam Controller Demonstration Video Oct 11, 2013, 21:41 Tumbler

This looks great! Just watching this video made me go start a game of Civ V. I'd love to have a controller to use for games like Civ V instead of this keyboard.

My kids have already broken one of these wireless keyboards. It's so large it become difficult to set it aside. The mouse is easy enough but getting rid of both those in favor of a controller like this would be fantastic!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
19. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 21:31 Tumbler

I'm excited to see what people make! I wish I had clue where to even begin. I'd be happy to join a team as the sound guy.

"pew, pewpewpew, PEW PEW"

I can also do light sabers, "wonh, wohn, cuh-ch cuh-ch!"

I can also make engine sounds similar to a garbage disposal, a dishwasher and a lawn mower!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support Oct 10, 2013, 12:05 Tumbler

Elite Dangerous is coming out for the PS4?!?

No I was just planning on spending some money this holiday on a PS4 but I've changed my mind because of Space Sims coming to the PC including this game so now I am going to spend that money on Flight sim related accessories.

Was just rambling about other concerns I have about nex gen consoles.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support
4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support Oct 10, 2013, 11:48 Tumbler

I imagine this game for many people is like Star Citizen for me. There seems to be a lot of nostalgia for it and I'm excited to see another space game coming out.

Between this and a flight sim setup (HOTAS) I don't have a good reason to buy a nex gen console so I'm out! I'll get my HOTAS setup around launch time BF4 on the PC, and when that dogfighter alpha comes out for star citizen I'll be the happiest son of a bitch you ever saw.

It will be interesting to see what differences there are on the PS3 / PS4 versions of games. Part of this decision is just my assumption that the PS4 versions of games aren't going to be a lot closer to pc in options and services outside teh game. They'll look better but might still have 24 player matches instead of 64, dedicated servers will be few and far between. I hope I'm wrong. And don't even get me started on that Xbox Cloud bullshit. I will believe that when I see it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2013, 14:13 Tumbler

Part of Ken Kutaragiís vision of the PS3 was for the console to ship without a dedicated graphics processor, with the now infamous Cell chip handling ALL the processing.

I know Sony was expecting the Cell Processor to be a big deal but how clueless do you have to be to ignore the reality of what that chip can and can't do.

Dual Core CPU's were a normal thing at that point I believe and Quad Core's were coming out...so was he just no aware how important graphics cards were on the PC at this point? What difference would 8 cores vs 4 make when PC games were still hugely dependent on that GPU card instead of running everything off a CPU.

I recall there being tests that specifically tried to run games only on the CPU and when you compared those tests to using the gpu is was no contest.

That is extremely depressing Sony. Maybe if you were going to run NES games via emulator then the PS3 with a Cell only would have worked...

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
10. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 20:50 Tumbler

I'm really close skipping the ps4 / 180 nonsense and dumping that $400+ into pc upgrades. Star Citizen is supposed to have a big sale or something on 10/10, maybe they'll have something that pushes me over the edge.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 14:18 Tumbler

Like I said, I don't know the rules and was sure they're stupid. 5 minutes is indeed stupid, but then again, outside of those Let's Play things, I doubt anyone on YouTube is watching much more than 5 minutes of anyone's gaming (exceptions also being people that totally dominate a round of whatever multiplayer game.)

It's possible MS's isn't being clear enough on how recording works. It would make sense to limit uploaded video clips to 5 min to encourage people to edit video down. A 10-15 min match where you had some awesome kills and such could be cut down to 5 min or less and be much better than watching the full match.

They'll probably move to something like this even if it wasn't initially planned but it's bizarre how so many of their ideas and features seem half baked at this point. Like they just grabbed everything off the drawing board and threw it into marketing because they needed something to show right now.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 13:39 Tumbler

you get some achievement without planning for it, or really noticing, by doing something really cool.

I rarely feel that I earn achievements for doing something "really cool". It's more often silly or unremarkable. You completed the Grand Theft Auto online introduction! You completed your first mission! You planned your first Heist!

Adding video of that happening is stupid. It's enough that those markers are stored in your profile.

They should be announcing features like recording preferences.

For Example:

"We know from playing games that when something awesome happens on screen we're not always ready for it. Since we made the decision to limit recording to 5 min we obviously don't want players to just keep recording little 5 min bursts over and over again so we allow you to configure ahead of time what is being recorded all the time.

You can configure the recording to start when you press the button, you can have the recording always remember the last 30 seconds and when you press the button you get another 4:30 of recording.

You can also have the recording ready to captures the last 2:30 so when you press record you're grabbing 2:30 that already happened and another 2:30 or recording time.

Oh and you know what? As I'm writing this I'm realizing how fucking stupid it is to limit you to 5 min in the first place so instead you can just set it to record everything you do up to 2 hours and you can decide what to do with it. Record away folks, it makes no sense to try and force recordings down to 5 min.

Sorry, we didn't think that through until just now. You know what...I'm starting to think this is a really shitty dvr...it doesn't record TV? ...wtf? Only 5 min of gameplay...who came up with this? Don? Don Matrick? Well fire his stupid ass. He Quit? What else did he come up with? Press stop? What are you-"

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 11:29 Tumbler

Xbox One DVR automatically records gameplay when an achievement is unlocked

Yet another feature gamers never wanted. How do you Fuck up dvr functions this bad. Just let people record what they want and post it on YouTube. Is that so hard!? All these rules and now certain things are auto recorded. Just stop. FFS just stop. Give the players tools and then stop. Whatever you come up with after you create the tools, just blackhole it.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
26. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 01:42 Tumbler

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 01:35:
Really? I read the whole thing and found none, basically. They talk around a whole bunch of stuff, and they'll say that you can't just look at Sony's raw extra power on paper, only to admit a few paragraphs later that, yeah, we'll just have to see how the games run (because they know full damn well the PS4 will run equivalent looking games faster), and that you shouldn't just base off specs but need to look at benchmarks, thereby ignoring that gamers have been looking at specs and benchmarks for umpteen years, and that the higher specced card beats the lower specced cards in benchmarks 99% of the time, and is simply a better card.

It seems pretty obvious that MS is paying people to go say nice things about news stories online. A lot of the responses to that Fitness App thing they announced last week were hilarious to read.

The term Killer App was used WAY to often by random strangers excited about the the fitness program they announced. (last week?) I mean what gamer willing to spend $500 on this thing wouldn't be jumping at and down with excitement because they could do their Insanity workout's for only $100 a year on Xbox One?!

Who the fuck is excited by paying $100 a year for Xbox Live even if it comes with Fucking fitness program!? NOT GAMERS.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode a "Possibility"
16. Re: SimCity Offline Mode a Oct 4, 2013, 23:00 Tumbler

Someone offered this game new for 15 tokens on 99 Gamers so I snatched it up. I installed it then....still haven't played it. I hear there is some dlc coming, future cities or something. Bigger cities sure would be nice. And terraforming? You can really make your area right? It comes remade for the most part?  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 16:43 Tumbler

Definitely not buying a 180, still have a preorder in for PS4 but the closer I get to launch the less I feel like pulling the trigger. I have more than enough to play on my PS3 / PC and I'm not expecting anything to be exclusively on the consoles that I want to play.

Sigh, I like getting new toys but besides holding that ps4 controller for myself and using it at my new pc controller (if that is possible) I can't think of any reason I want to spend $400.

Plus that star citizen dog fighter should be out by December...and $400 buys me a lot of flight controls!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 16:32 Tumbler

Got this baby preloaded. I'm mainly curious about controller support. Playing BF3 with a controller on the pc was odd. Some of the functions outside of the game weren't mapped at all so I felt like I needed to go back to my mouse between spawns.

I really hope this time you can play BF4 on the pc with a controller without any problems. I realize aiming will be harder and other players might have an advantage, I don't care. I've always liked doing the less twitchy things like planting mines and c4 and then blowing people up as they drive by

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse Released for PCs
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse Released for PCs Sep 27, 2013, 15:59 Tumbler

I think I'll find a let's play video for the iron giant level. That looked interesting.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2013, 13:32 Tumbler

I finally cancelled my 180 preorder on amazon the other day, seems like i made the right choice. I cant fathom what ms is thinking is the attraction of buying this box. Its like they split up the design team that was 100% about games up to that point and said, "hey guys, we want this to have features for casuals and hardcores a like. We want this to be the one box you use for everything! Now make it happen!"

Problem being these guys know about gamers and what gamers want. So we get...uh snap! you can watch a movie at any moment when you're playing your game! Or you can workout! Gamers love working out! Or you can record tv (marketing here, tv companies dont want you to mess with their dvr business)...record gaming! 5 min...

Meanwhile the gaming side of the team is like, "WTF r u guys doing? We need to focus on games that will make people want to spend $500! We only have Ryse and Forza....so we only have Forza! Forget about that casual shit and spend money on games!"

Casual team: "We probably should add another subscription fee on top of gold for all this cool shit we are planning hunh?"

Gamer team: "WHAT!?! YOU'RE DOING WHAT?!?"

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 26, 2013, 17:07 Tumbler

It's really hard for my mind to understand how you "Grow" a billion little tubes. Everything nano-tech related I've seen or read about always left me thinking of millions of tiny robots but it's more organic in nature? How do you grow a carbon nanotube if it's not organic...  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2013, 13:17 Tumbler

I wonder if Tech Demo's would sell on the Xbox Live market place or PSN if they just focused on making a crazy detailed room to walk around. Just how good could the quality get if they didn't have to build all the game mechanics into the system and just gave people something to show off.

The Kinect / PS Eye if they were able to do some type of head tracking could make for some cool stuff that people might spend a few dollars on.

KICKSTARTER!!!!

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 16:10 Tumbler

If people want to spend real money to have some credits in GTA Online that is fine by me. Go nuts.

I look forward to stealing you yo shit.

Just like Star Citizen! Go ahead and spend that money! I'm just gonna board you and steal your ship! (notice the absence of slang because SC is classy like that)

But seriously the way they talk in GTA V (so far) is borderline racist. (And possibly accurate, I don't know)

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag "Comparable" to Next-Gen
3. Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sep 24, 2013, 17:36 Tumbler

I'm very interested to see AC4. Don't really care about the Assassin story anymore, the nautical theme looks like a lot of fun plus PIRATES!  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 24, 2013, 12:36 Tumbler

MS would be smarter to just let people upload their own avatar's as pics this time around. It's hilarious they want to control the pictures people can see but have done so little to control what people act like and say online.

Playing GTA V last night there is a point where you can listen to a kid playing COD and the filth coming out of that kids mouth shocked my wife who was nearby. I tried to explain that actually just them making fun of people who play call of duty because listening to voice chat is pretty close to that.

Will be interesting to see if MS actually tries to make the live experience better this time around. (by sidelining people who act like little shit heads into a group of themselves)

6059 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo