Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6072 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
17. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 12:37 Tumbler

They're about to hit 32 million and I'm thinking they may clear 40 million if they have a lot of ship art to show later. So far they haven't shown anything that "big" today but they are selling new ships call the Banu Merchantman and a Xi An Scout ship. The Banu ship is concept art at this point, no one has even see the Xi An ship and they've been announcing new ships almost daily for the past week. A dedicated mining ship, a luxury cruise liner, a new starter ship called the mustang, a new salvage ship, and when they hit 32 million a dedicated exploration ship. Every million dollar mark is likely going to be a new ship so as funding keeps going up so do the ship choices!

If they've got concept art ready for any of these ship I would expect the pledge to go nuts. If they've got in game assets ready for creating images the sky is the limit.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2013, 17:33 Tumbler

At least MS is consistent with their "message" to gamers on the Xbox One.

It costs more because, fuck you, it just does. You have to pay us to be allowed to watch netflix and hulu, you youtube, basically most of the things people might do on the box are locked behind Live Gold because...you owe us money bitch. The games we make, yeah they cost $60 and then you gotta pay to unlock things because we make the fucking rules. Pay us.

I'd say I'm disappointed but this is exactly what they've been pushing from day one so...it is what it is.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 13:14 Tumbler

Meh, I'm not sure if I'd buy the One even at $400 right now. The choice of them to force kinect into every system when it still performs much like it did before is pretty pathetic.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-watching-tv-with-xbox-one/2300-8251/

Giantbomb did a demo/quicklook using the kinect to navigate TV and I can't help but feel like if this was the corner stone of this new system why didn't they get it working any better? It seems to have a lot of the same voice issues the last one did.

And who watches live TV and games heavily on an Xbox? I don't even watch live sporting events, everything I watch is via a Tivo. And beyond that I watch things online. Southpark for example the first black friday episode, heard so many people talking about it so I went to find it on Tivo, next episode was playing at 1am that night, so I went to the website and just watched it there.

At no point was I going to watch it live...so WTF microsoft? This feature seems like it was built for release on the 360, the 360 being able to watch live tv would have been ok, this one needs to be able to access web content via amazon / netflix / hulu all in one interface. It needs to be able to function as a full DVR and if you want to watch a certain show it needs to automatically link to those other services and tell you that you can watch that instantly right now. That would be next gen.

And have they talked about making the tv thing picture in picture? That might make things a bit more useful, it seems like a waste to shrink down the main screen when you're only getting that little square of TV. I'd like to see it as an option.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 13:42 Tumbler

I need a game...I signed up for gamefly so I could rent them instead...and nothing was shipping. (because everything is out obviously) I'm so desperate that I added Forza 5 for the One* just in case I lost all control and bought that too. (like I did for the PS4)

So now Gamefly is shipping me Forza 5 and CoD Ghosts (ps4)...I mean...maybe I'll just buy it to test it...Forza 5 sounds great...and I'd totally return it cause I don't need a One. (I would not return it)

Come on redbox. Get some ps4 games.
http://www.redbox.com/browse/ps4-games

Nothing there yet...could be any moment!

*FYI If you want new releases from Gamefly you have to have your request in when they are released, so for many PS4 games I could have gotten them close to launch if I'd signed up for Gamefly about a week earlier and added them knowing nothing would ship until later.

So if you want to try titanfall or anything else coming later via gamefly, sign up a week early, add it and let it sit idle for a few days. I have a lot of success doing it this way.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2013, 13:54.

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 15:32 Tumbler

Got my PS4 yesterday! Turned it on, got it updated with little difficulty. Downloaded a dozen things or so. My only complaint is the "Installing Application" screen. When you download something it will report that it's ready to install, then you click it and select install then you sit at this screen with a spinning circle that won't give you any progress indication for...however long it takes. It would be nice to have a progress bar during that.

DC Online failed to download fully and didn't finish up overnight so I had to select it this morning and tell it to download again. It did then I chose install and again...installing application. It would be nice if that install process happened automatically and the item simply reported "rdy to play" when everything is done.

Didn't end up having any time to play with it last night :(. Watched a few min of netflix then called it a night. The controller feels nice but that light on the front of it is a little annoying. I found the setting to turn off the controller after 10 min of non use so that helps.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to not have a standard USB thing on the back? I guess I'm going to be charging it on my phone chargers anyway but it would be nice if I didn't need to plug a cord into the front of the PS4 to charge that controller.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
45. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 16:40 Tumbler

I would hope they'd aim for an 8 core processor and R290 / Titan as far as power. Mabye DDR4 and SSD as well, hopefully it will scale well but what looks cutting edge today will hopefully be more cost effective in a year or more when SQ42 arrives and I think we can expect at least 6 months to a year after that for SC. (The online Star Citizen)

It will be interesting to see if the project is completed a lot sooner with all the funding increases we've been seeing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 22:18 Tumbler

I really like X Rebirth. It's a mess at the moment but I am enjoying it. I'm not clear what gives me more problems, the bugs or the way the interface "works".

A few things I came to realize over time:
All the misc loot you find, stuff you pick up in crates, I don't think it's listed anywhere you can see it. I kept looking for a cargo list so I could figure out what I had and how to sell it.

I kept hoping to find a place to sell on a station so I kept looking. After enough searching I came to the conclusion that most, if not all, of the random items you pick up are junk. And there is a junk dealer on some stations so that must be where I sell it. Next time I go talk to a junk dealer I noticed that there were some items that have numbers in teh sell column. These are the only place I think my inventory shows up. I kept expecting another screen to show up because you could switch between sales and offers which showed what the guy was selling vs buying. But your stuff shows up on each page I think, and you have to arrow key over to the column to sell things. I kept clicking the items I thought I wanted to sell and it'd just give me information on them.

Frustrating crap like this plagues the entire interface. The little station selling/buying icons have a barely noticeable +/- next to the symbol of what they are selling. These symbols will appear at various places on a station but there is no central link to them so if you want to buy Food you need to find a food symbol with a + sign. If you have food and want to sell it you have to find a Food with a - sign. You'd think they'd just have a single interface for buying and selling of everything the stations has to offer...

And then there is the fact that all those trades you can see on the outside of stations are larger bulk trades that you need to assign to your cap ship. So if you wanted to buy 1000 units of food your little ship needs to send that order to your cap ship....which I believe is bugged because mine is just sitting there!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 12:31 Tumbler

Fired this up to see how it would run for me, the settings seemed. Simple enough so I figured I could turn most on... Heh, slide show. I have a Asus g75 laptop with the 660m gpu, turned off a few things, shadows, turned down shader still looks great and runs much better. Seems great now. Hopefully they'll have a better set of drivers to give me a but more fps with some of that stuff turned up.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 10:35 Tumbler

So I lasted to about 9pm last night before jumping in on this launch. I had canceled all my preorders, was just going to sit it out, then Amazon sends me an email "Hey we got Ps4's if you're interested, bundled with Kindle tablets..."

Oh well I mean it's a discount on that kindle tablet...and that can totally be a christmas present! (for dad) ChaChing! $650 after tax!? Ugh, arriving tuesday...I feel dirty.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takes Off
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 14:11 Tumbler

Rigs wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 13:18:
is the one shot 'You've been Incapacitated' deal. I fuckin' HATE that! Especially when going against bombers that have rear guns/turrets (which the AI controls), they can take you out in less than 5 seconds with two shots! Your engine is just as vulnerable in that situation as well. I don't know if it's realistic, but it sure is aggravating as all hell gameplay-wise!
=-Rigs-=

Heh, I feel like it is realistic because the early planes deal with that way more than later planes so I have to assume the later planes have better armor to deflect bullets. As you move up I find it happens less often or maybe I've just stopped using approaches that make those shots common.

The bombers in general feel overpowered, they're extremely hard to shoot down, the AI is brutal in the turrets and it's common to simply kill the pilot rather than shoot down the plane. You can even equip the turrets with armor piercing bullets! (typically toward the end of the bomber tech tree)

But this also happens as pilots in a bomber. You'll be flying a B25 with a ton of guns on the front, going head on, thinking, hahah, I got you now! POWPOWPOWPOW, DING, you're dead. SON OF A !#$!$!%. You get to watch your bomber falling to the groud...

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takes Off
6. Re: World of Warplanes Takes Off Nov 13, 2013, 12:59 Tumbler

InBlack wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:38:
A Friend of mine who actually still plays WoT is playing Warthunder currently, a much better game in his opinion. Less grind and better aeroplane handling. (Although both games suck with joystick implementation, mouse + keyboard seems to rule the skies)

I have played world of tanks a lot, not currently playing, tried World of Planes (hated it), then tried War Thunder and loved that. I stopped playing War Thunder for a bit while they figure out how to integrate the different classes. I believe they are going to have people flying planes, driving tanks and controlling warships all in one battlefield. The air combat game is extremely good but after enough time it becomes obvious that there needs to be more ground targets to go after, you can bomb a few things which earn a lot of points but the vast majority of a battle is decided by air to air kills and it doesn't require a lot of teamwork.

If they'd assign targets for bombers and make it important to at least be in that area to guard them I'd hope that would make the battles less predicatable.

Fantastic game, no idea how that is for Joystick/HOTAS setups, I've been on mouse and keyboard and it's surprisingly fun using those controls.

I have no idea how World of planes will be anything but a complete flop. Play warthunder, then go play World of Planes, it's just jaw dropping how much better warthunder plays and looks. Warthunder is gorgeous, just pure joy for the eyes. Add to that very immersive damage modeling so you can take hits and keep flying but then your plane will start doing weird things, won't turn as fast, slowly lose power, catch on fire, bits of wings come off, and isn't immediately noticed, so you'll be in a dogfight, you've taken a few hits, scored a few and you think you've finally got him, you go to open up on the enemy and all of the sudden you're propeller has stopped spinning, you realize your fuel was hit and you just ran out of fuel! Hopefully you' weren't low to the ground turning....if so you're fucked! If you're lucky you can dive to maintain speed and turn towards your airfield and glide in, but better hope that enemy doesn't realize this and come after you! Or in the middle of a fight you'll score a few hits and it may look like nothing so you're turning hard to go after him and he's just flying straight and diving ever so slowing, maybe rolling to the left a bit, what is he doing?!, then you realize the few hits you scored knocked out his controls so he's easy prey now!

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 14:54 Tumbler

Killzone is looking really nice. I'm surprised we didn't see this kind of advertising earlier. The game looks like it's going to steal the show as far as next gen games.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 11:47 Tumbler

I'll pick this up when it's $5...or as steam now calls it $7.49.  

News Comments > Next Mass Effect Teases
14. Re: Next Mass Effect Teases Nov 8, 2013, 00:11 Tumbler

Meh, good luck with that EA / Bioware.  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2013, 17:15 Tumbler

That Adam Orth article kind of gives me the creeps. I don't really see it as a "Look at me now!" article, it feels more like a "I was attacked by a bear and survived" story.

You'd think that seeing that happen might have caused MS to rethink their strategy...NOPE!

Let's try again and see if their stil...OH MY GOD, RUNNNN!!!!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
32. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 14:36 Tumbler

change seta cl_maxPing "800" to seta cl_maxPing "150"

150?! Are you fucking kidding me?! I look for sub 50ms servers on BF4 and when I have to slum it I play on 60ms servers.

150? 800!? WTF? On a PC?

That sounds awful.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 4, 2013, 21:30 Tumbler

Rea1One wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 21:15:
I don't think this madness will end anytime soon, they will probs hit $50 million at this rate.

I expect the funding on this game to go nuclear if the Dogfighter alpha is a hit. The hangar module was released earlier this year and they've basically doubled their dollars pledged since that thing came out.

I think people are getting a lot more comfortable spending money on the game with all the content you can see in the hangar.

If the Dogfighter alpha shows up and can impress people as much as the hangar does I have to imagine that it's going to bring in A TON more people since you can actually play "the game" even if a simple death match scenario.

If they are smart they'll plan on releasing a new ship at least once a month because they're basically printing money. It sure seems like they've noticed that because the ships are coming fast now. The Gladiator, Retaliator, new Hornets, new Aurora's, there is going to be a big sale on Nov 26 which is the deadline for original backers to buy ships with LTI (life time insurance) I'm assuming they'll use that event to roll out a new ship or two.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
29. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:05 Tumbler

Playing this game is kind of hilarious. The bugs are god awful in the MP portion. I have no idea what the SP game looks like.

It's got to be a 70% failure rate on the game I play. Well over half. And stat reporting...I rank up to the same rank repeatedly because so many matches simply die with no warning.

When the game is working it's often horribly jerky like it's dealing with tons of lag. Sometimes it skips around, sometimes you rubber band, sometimes it's fine. I'll shoot guys and the hits will only register every other shot, sometimes it's fine, I'll unlock things one match and the game dies the next, after joining another game I'll find that none of that progress counted.

Steam (heh, I mean origin) says I've got approx 40 hours in the game now and I think I just hit level 10. I have to imagine at least 20 hours of that time is just gone with nothing to show for it. I know that number includes my beta play but I didn't play that more than about 6 hours so maybe it's about 15 hours lost in 30 hours played at this point.

Sound bugs, oh the sound bugs. It will get super quiet all of the sudden, my local sounds will still work and then a few min later it's like the game remembers, oh right, Sound! and everything come back. Graphically the game works ok but playing it is just something I have to laugh at because it's a wreck at this point. This isn't release day issues anymore, they deserve lower scores but sadly the game is a lot of fun and I can't wait to play more.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer Nov 3, 2013, 12:11 Tumbler

That is a great commercial. This is the first time I've seen anything about Vegas though, that seems like something they should have spoken up about.  

45. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 16:14 Tumbler

Finally canceled my Sony Store pre-order for the PS4. Happy to sit on my PC and drool over all the awesome stuff on the way. Hopefully someone will have a PS4 deal next year where I can save a bit of money or get a few things bundeled in for the same price. I do want one but until there is something special to play on it I'll wait.

June next year seems like a good time to look. Now I just have to stop spending money on Star Citizen...

6072 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo