Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6094 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
3. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 12:20 Tumbler

I don't expect them to get a lot done until at least next week considering it's the holiday's and such...but damn. I haven't touched this game since about a week after it launched on PC.

I would hope they plan to offer a pretty big "I'm sorry" gift at the end of all this. Didn't they do that with Sim City? Got a free game of some value if you'd purchased before a certain date... Can't say I'd care at this point.

They'd earn some points if they just gave everyone the first two sets of DLC so more players might come back and play after all this. (LOL, who am I kidding!)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
59. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 12:52 Tumbler

I did it! I successfully boycotted this game! Now that I have it for free there is no way I'll ever pay for it so I WIN VALVE! That's gotta sting hunh?

...wait...I did buy it prior to this, but I traded it to someone else, so that doesn't count! Muahahah! I never played it!

Next time support your first game before moving on to a sequel!

Sheesh, has it really been 4 years?! Hmm, you're still dead 2 me. Not buying L4D3 either, I hold a grudge for life, or until you show me something I like.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
59. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 24, 2013, 11:18 Tumbler

Star Citizen is going to be facing many more delays. There is no way they are going to have a fully fleshed out branching high fidelity AAA single player campaign by the end of 2014. The team in Manchester UK doing the SP just now started. How the fuck are they going to develop an epic Wing Commander worthy campaign in ~12 months when they have to face the same learning curve with CryEngine 3 as the team in Austin? No fucking way.

There's even less of a way that they will launch the persistent universe with even half the announced features by then or even in early 2015. They might release some sort of beta with a couple star systems and a few ships so gamers won't go for their throats but the fully fleshed out single player campaign and the fully fleshed out PU won't be here for a looong time. Try Q4 2015 at the very earliest.

This is probably going to be very accurate. The Wingman's Hangar weekly updates have started showing the other offices recently but those were only recently setup. They might have been doing a lot of work we didn't see for the early part of 2013 but it seems like things didn't really get going until September / October. During that time, and all of 2013 really, funding goals have been getting blasted through and I think the priority has been to keep that funding coming in as fast as they can.

The Austin team is getting a new office right now, while they're out of Christmas, they are moving from a tiny basement into a real office where they can hire a lot more staff. With the massive boost in funding it's going to take time to staff out their various teams. 2 years to SQ 42 campaign seems realistic.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
10. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 12:30 Tumbler

I also like the window effects, how the window freezes and stuff when you exit from warp.

Yeah the window effects are great, as you take damage it gets damaged and eventually you get a timer that tells you when your oxygen is going to run out! (I assume because you took too much damage!)

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
8. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 12:20 Tumbler

This is a very impressive looking game. The AI and combat it self looks a little boring but I hope that can be improved. The video's I watched were almost all the same basic tactics, go head on with an enemy, enemy turns and trys to fly away, turns around, comes back. In a more interesting clip the user turned off the fly by wire controls and got the ship spinning and traveling backwards while firing on ships that were chasing him.

Playing the game with controllers was painfully slow. Takes too long to get your weapons on target without a joystick. There was one scenario that had a weapon that tracked in the center area and that was a lot more fun to watch.

The video's I watch switched over to the joystick and it was still a long time to line up and hit with the weapons. I think they should set all the weapons to do some tracking, more powerful ones would track slower, shorter range weaker weapons would track faster (aim).

For an alpha its very impressive.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered
7. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 12:56 Tumbler

They have a live stream setup for Friday that is supposed to give a status report on the multiple fronts of development with the conclusion being a Demonstration of dogfighting from the LA office!

9am PST!

Gimme gimme gimme!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
34. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 13:52 Tumbler

I would love to see class action lawsuits start hitting companies who released unfinished software so blatantly as EA / Dice did with BF4. It's only going to get worse with the new consoles, patching is just a part of the service provided to gamers and if limits are not set things are going to get bad real fast.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Begins
16. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Begins Dec 12, 2013, 13:47 Tumbler

Woohoo! I just need...wait, I didn't pay enough to get beta access.

I paid $50 for a boxed game and it looks like beta access was $55+. Oh well. I'll wait.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
18. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 00:18 Tumbler

I have a slide deck, I have a pitch, I have concept art, I know pretty much what I want to do

So...Kickstarter?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2013, 12:43 Tumbler

Hmm, I would not mind getting a refund for BF4 Premium. I'm still sitting on the sidelines waiting for them to improve the game. Unfortunately I bought it from GMG which included a discount credit towards another purchase so I doubt I'd qualify.

I'd applaud them for offering this refund to people who purchase on PS4/One/Origin. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
21. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 23:14 Tumbler

Oh hey guys, we just finished these two expansion packs for that game you bought last month...you know that crashing broken piece of shit? Yeah so we got some time to go back and fix it now since our next expansion isn't out for probably a month or two. Easier to sell expansions when people don't keep saying "this game is fucking broken" so yeah we're gonna fix all that...so buy our new expansion!  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 4, 2013, 12:56 Tumbler

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 12:38:
You know that GameInformer's only purpose to get pre-sells for Gamestop right? Being Gamestop's magainze and what not.

I did know that. I was trying to play the uniformed consumer who thinks this info is coming from a reputable game magazine rather than the marketing department of both gamestop and Activision.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 4, 2013, 12:17 Tumbler

Destiny gets info blow-out, courtesy of GameInformer’s January issue

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I'm worried about microtransactions this gen already. Let's talk about microtransactions in Destiny. (@Gameinformer)I don't want to bother getting excited about upcoming games if they're going to be like Forza 5. I know we can count on you GameInformer, let's ask the tough questions!

45. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 16:18 Tumbler

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 15:41:
I would have gone absolutely apeshit had that been an Iron Man game... :|

I think I've restarted 3 times already because I keep getting myself into trouble. Losing entire squads in Iron Man happens all the time. It's crazy. You finally get someone you like using and POW, one lucky shot from some alien and he's lying there dead.

It leads to some pretty incredible experiences but you get just as much pain and misery. The high point was running into the first MECH. That guy ripped my squad apart, I was scoring good hits each turn but he was killing one of my guys each turn, I ended up with a sniper left and she needed to reload. He fired on me twice and missed! I fired on him and missed! Same thing next round, all misses by him then my next sniper shot cut him down. Mission over, my sniper was the only one to make it out. Not long after I took her and another sniper into an Exalt mission. I had the whole squad hunkered down in cover firing on them every round and they just couldn't keep up. One by one they fell and more and more just kept coming. I could have retreated at a certain point but the path to the exit point was a killzone, I just stood my ground and kept firing. It worked until a Heavy fired a rocket at the wall, without cover my guys died in one turn. Ugh, that was the worst feeling being back at base. No money, almost every trooper was dead, just waiting to the end of the month pay day then needing to completely rebuild.

Iron Man is fucking brutal.

News Comments > China Rises for BF4 Premium Members
4. Re: China Rises for BF4 Premium Members Dec 3, 2013, 16:02 Tumbler

Man too bad the marketing team isn't making this game.... The trailers look great! Needs more crashing screens and stuttering though.

I'm downloading the update, I bought into the premium plan this time around. I seem to remember Bf3 having a lot of issues early on and going back and playing it later was startling how much better it had become. I thought I'd go all in this time. Sadly the game has sat idle for at least 2 weeks while I wait for them to patch things.

Good thing that return policy ends so fast after you start playing. Otherwise I'd probably have gotten a refund after a few days when I realized this wasn't launch window issues and the game was going to be a crashing mess for at least a month.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 12:58 Tumbler

Graham wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:48:
That said, if you're a PC gamer, get a god damned Wii U.

After buying the PS4 I'm spending most of my time on my PC again. The games aren't really there yet to demand people spend money in my opinion. Titanfall might change that but since it's coming to pc... (for now...) I bought Xcom Enemy Within Sunday and I think I've put in at least 20 hours in the last two days. That is an amazing addition to that game. I didn't realize it was basically just adding a ton more stuff to do on the main campaign.

Been trying to play iron man exclusively and...man does that rip your heart out every chance it gets. Fuck you Chrysalis. Those seem a little overpowered compared to everything else. They get obscene movement, can attack after huge movement distances and often 1 hit kill you even at full health. Oh and then you turn into a zombie with 10 hit points.

Doesn't help matters that overwatch seems to cut your aiming skill in half...#$@#$@ so many slow mo misses. They only time you should be slo mo is when you fucking HIT!

Really enjoying that game on ironman. Although using cybernetics so far seems like a waste because my guys are getting blown away too fast.

Pro-Tip: NEVER take all your Squad Site snipers on the same missions. EVER. Losing that support SUCKS.

Oh and FUCK EXALT. FUCK THOSE GUYS. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Zerg motherfuckers. They must have some special power to make my guys miss because they ripped me to pieces the last time I faced them.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2013, 15:23 Tumbler

Lindsay thinks the girl on the cover of GTA looks like her...don't flatter yourself Lindsay.  

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
8. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 15:21 Tumbler

Figures, I think the first map pack hits this week. 4 older maps I believe. I expected the earliest I could expect to come back to this game would be when that map pack arrived. I think China Rising might be out next week too?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 1, 2013, 10:47 Tumbler

Yea, I secured (2) 29.99 PSN annual cards] q

Same, ps+ is awesome.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
24. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 27, 2013, 16:47 Tumbler

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 16:32:
Desalus, I guess I can understand that since some people seem to have spent thousands on this game that you could imagine a big risk of mass dissapointment, but the thing is, I doubt for those people money is that big of an issue where if the game is not as fun as what they had expected, that their world would be shattered.

This is basically why I'm trying not to spend anymore money on this game. I'm in for over $500 at this point if you add everything up and it's hard to imagine any game being so fun, so immersive, having so much content, that I feel like my $500 was well spent.

Some of my funds went to physical goods like shirts, metal citizen card, a signed box, blueprints (posters), a usb key thing. All that to me is like a $250 collectors edition bundle of the game that comes with a kick ass ship in game. (constellation)

But the extra money I've put in I have to ask myself if this game is going to be able to live up to that kind of money? That is still definitely a risk. This game could come out and feel a lot more arcadey / actiony than anyone expected and I know I'd feel at least the 2nd half of my 500 into the game would feel foolish.

I still want them to try, because no one else is. No one is thinking about making anything like this game, the closest we're seeing from other large studio's might be Battlefront 3. (sci-fi spacey things) The eve online crew is making a dogfighting thing, nothing like SC. Xrebirth is possibly what SC might be like but I think everyone would be hugely disappointed if SC wasn't a much bigger / better game than X rebirth.

$1000+ for ships to me is nuts. That Idris corvette that people are dying to buy are $1250. I want this game to succeed and I'm will to risk my funds ot see it but $250 on top of the CE goodies (500 ish total) seems like my limit. I love that people want to spend that much, gives the game a better shot at getting built, but ...a thousand bucks?! I'll go buy a Titan for a thousand bucks and I'll paint it to look like Star Citizen.

6094 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo