Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6115 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 12:40 Tumbler

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:47:
*disclaimer* I actually believe that they wanted to create their own netcode, what I dont believe is that they ever intended to release a dogfighting module in December and the longterm time saving is obviously just lip-service for the gullible...

For me personally I don't have a big problem with the Dogfighter alpha being late. It wasn't a huge factor in pledging my money but when it's ready I'm going to try it.

Considering the events of 2013 and what we've been able to see watching things like wingmans hangar each week it wouldn't surprise me if the entire project is behind by a full year. The amount of funding they've received has to have had a huge effect on the organization. One of the earlier stretch goals was to move to a larger office and I think they went through two moves, Austin and LA, in the past 2 or 3 months and prior to that they didn't have the space to hire new people. (this was obvious from the office walk arounds)

I won't be that upset if they miss the end of march april deadline either, I just want them to put out an outstanding product and at this point I don't think they could safely put out anything in alpha. At worst they need to put out Beta stuff because there are simply too many eyes watching and too many people willing to jump on them to risk releasing stuff in Alpha. Maybe a closed pool of members, like the subscribers could get alpha stuff but I think they should be planning on releasing only Beta and above level stuff from now on.

We're at 37 million after all, people are going to compare it with other things at similar budgets.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
15. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 12:13 Tumbler

Woohoo!

I have to say I'm surprised the game continues to get so many pledgers after the LTI incentive went away and while there is little new art / ships being released. They continue adding and updating the hangar stuff, the Cutlass was finally added to the hangar so now all three of my ships are there for me to drool over. (Connie, Cutlass, Avenger)

Can't wait to see how the game controls in the dogfighter alpha! I'm holding off on buying an expensive HOTAS setup until I try that because I'm concerned that a throttle will not be as useful as a second joystick.

And if two analog sticks makes the most sense I'll give the game pad a shot expecting it to be a joke when it comes to aiming. But then some ships have guns that might have some sort of auto aim or assisted aim? Not sure how that is going to work, I think I heard it might even be manual aiming on those guns so you'll need something to aim the guns while you fly...?

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 20:33 Tumbler

That claim from MS looks pretty stupid when you look at /r/games right now. Youtube people coming out of the wood work confirming this is the norm, many people accept money for being nicer than need be.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
1. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 21, 2014, 18:36 Tumbler

Been playing this about a week. A ton of fun. Spent $10 so far, hoping i can hold out until release for more.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 13:27 Tumbler

It would be nice to have 3D supported on PS4. That is annoying although I don't have anything important to watch right now. Plus i'm hooking up my ps3 again just to have it as a back up.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 20, 2014, 18:13 Tumbler

I figured there would be a ton more updates to the games but 13GB is obscene. I hope we're seeing the effects of all the pressure to ship by launch back in November rather than the new normal.

I like small updates but I'd prefer they get applied automatically when the machine checks in at midnight or whatever. (like how it used to on ps+) 13GB I am glad it asks at least rather than just downloading and installing automatically.

Will be interesting to see what the games behave like in late feb early march. (TitanFall, Thief, Metal Gear Solid V, Infamous, etc) I expect the extra time in the oven will make these broken launches and obscene patches less common. Time will tell.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
18. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 12:45 Tumbler

Crossfire? Why have I never heard of this...googling...confused...wtf? It looks like counterstrike only...a little worse. How does that make almost a billion dollars and the closest competitors makes in the neighborhood of half that?

Nice to see world of tanks is still doing so well, going to need that money to write off that awful World of Planes disaster. Maybe world of Warships will be better by my money is on WarThunder.

It's surprising to see SWTOR in there with 139 million. I am shocked that game is still doing so well. (as someone who bought at played it from launch +2 months)

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out
11. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 16:12 Tumbler

I'll take the code if they send it to you...because...I sorta bought an xbox one...in a moment of weakness. It was for my wife! She uses it to work out and we let the girls play movies on it.

I try not to think about how much money the small conveniences cost.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2014, 21:29 Tumbler

I figured Diablo 3 on nex gen consoles would be the base game plus expansion, but maybe they'll just ship the original again. Easy to believe they be able to sell Diablo for $60 and then the digital upgrade for an extra... $40? $30 sounds more realistic.  

News Comments > Broken Age Part 1 This Month; Preorders Underway
2. Re: Broken Age Part 1 This Month; Preorders Underway Jan 14, 2014, 20:17 Tumbler

Got Banner Saga, Hearthstone Beta Key, and Broken Age all inside of two days. 2014 is starting out great!  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2014, 19:17 Tumbler

Had to go read up on the original suit, forgot what they were even arguing about. Sounds like SK licensed the engine then wanted epic to share their own tools, work, etc they did with the engine moving forward. The contract obviously didn't cover this and the rest is SK's throwing a hissy fit.

The fact that damages ended up doubled in appeals court against SK is hilarious. I would guess SK is going to declare bankruptcy and that will be the end. They could go after the decision to sell all the assets of SK to this new company if that was just a way to shelter assets. (they started a new company, SK sold "some" of their equipment, ip, etc, to the new company, SK basically exists in name only)

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
18. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 22:23 Tumbler

I don't understand why this got green lit. Seems like it will do substantial harm to the iP in general. The last two games did incredibly well... WTF are you thinking?

Hey guys, this time instead of a sp open world game that people can explore and discover at their own pace, and design their own adventure... Let's change it all to a glorified action game where you wander the landscapes killing everything you run into and dozens of other people are all around you doing the same thing.

We'll have the enemies respawn all the time because we want everyone to have endless things to kill! Heck we'll even respawn events in the world so players can relive all the excitement!

That scene at the beginning of Skyrim, with the dragon? Remember how frustrating it was to only see that once? Well get rdy because now you'll see it happening before u get there, you'll see it happen for someone else when you get there and help them fight! Then it'll happen for you, then you get to move on or you can wait and see it happen 10 times! (it's a quest!)

It's like playing 5 games in one, there is so much content! We sat down at a slot machine last year and that inspired us to make a game that could deliver so much content to the player! We were amazed how long we sat there pulling that lever and we never saw the same thing happen! 6 hours we played, sure we had to throw in some money but it was worth every penny!

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
21. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 13:08 Tumbler

It may be pay for A win but unless your plan is to just spend and spend you're going to lose your stuff when you get blown up. The ships can be insured so you still have a ship when u come back from death but the equipment you will be putting on the ship will likely be the deciding factor.

The ships are designed to be balanced as well so your hornet may squash a 300i but an avenger gets on your tail and rips u a new ass hole. Show up in a connie feeling like a god only to see 4 aurora legionnaires firing missles on you or worse a gladiator putting a torpedo into you. This is not a bigger = better game, this is the bigger they are the harder they fall game.

10. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 11:43 Tumbler

I think the perception on the outside of impending doom on this project would change a lot if CIG was better about publishing content that is easier to absord for people outside the project.

They do a weekly show where they cover a wide variety of questions and topics and even i find them a little tough to absord. There are now shows on youtube that simply consolidate that info into short, easier to understand sound bites.

The hull truth is the best example. Give it a look and see if that helps. They're about 14 episodes in but CIG is surprisingly good at showing their progress and I think there is not a lot to worry about at this point. I'll be happy if it's a "good" game. I might feel differently if I was being asked to pay $500 to buy the game at launch and I'd never seen it before but this process so far of being involved from the beginning and seeing them change things as the community reacts just feels amazing.

I started at $125 for that hornet package and felt really nervous, considered pulling my pledge, but watching them respond to problems they faced and the art and models they continue to create and present just makes me happy to spend more. I'm very excited to see everything they create and with each new ship they offer I'm open to spending more money if I like it enough. That is one thing I think they've done an excellent job with. There are so many ships of vastly differenty looks and function and I don't find myself wanting every single one, I have one I like and one I don't and I hope that means others like the ones I don't and vice versa and both see a home in the universe.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 11:48.

2. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:07 Tumbler

Come on 40 million! I hope they have something big planned for 42 million! (squadron 42 and all)  

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
17. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:40 Tumbler

....eh....it's already out and it was on sale for $10 on steam recently. Charging $59.99 for another pc version would be hilarious. (I think the Definitive edition is the PC edition)

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 13:58.

News Comments > Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects
1. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 12:40 Tumbler

I'm hoping they'll make something I want to play eventually. I own the Walking dead season 1 because it went on sale on Steam ages ago and I heard so many people talk about loving it. Can't seem to stay interested in it so it sits unplayed.

Jurrassic Park sounded interesting but I've heard enough people meh that I might try it if it ever goes on sale. I think I own back to the future...

James Bond sounds fun, so does Game of Thrones. I'd love to Bioware / EA let them do a licensed Mass Effect game...get rid of all that shitty gameplay and just give us the story! Oooo or Dragon Age. Just get those away from Bioware for gods sake.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 3, 2014, 12:45 Tumbler

Hmm my parents use T-Mobile and I just bought my mom a nexus 5. I'll have to check and see if it makes sense to trade in her old pos smart phone then activate the 5 on att. If the credits can be spent on monthly charges and the data is discounted by $15 a month that should be a big savings.  

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 2, 2014, 22:35 Tumbler

You, sir, have no heart.

I finished it tonight. Wow. I stopped right as things got good the first time. The stuff I saw tonight was amazing. Tears. Amazing game, still don't think it's on my best games of the year list. Beautiful game, happy to have played it.

Playing Stanley Parable atm.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 2, 2014, 14:59 Tumbler

Re: Fav games of 2013

There were a bunch of games I passed on earlier this year that people are going nuts for on podcasts and such.

Gunpoint - bought that on sale, HOLY SHIT! AWESOME!
Brothers - It's ....fine. I like it, just not amazed.
Gone Home - Bought this on sale, hope to play it soon.
Papers Please - Player a beta or alpha I think...
Rogue Legacy - Loved this game, found it on sale early.
Stanley Parable - still looking for this on sale. (fuck it's on sale now...for $9...don't like that price...sold)

Hmmm, Tomb Raider for PC is $10...if I buy that now then I won't have to worry about wanting to buy the Ps4/One version at the end of January...hmm...I must not buy that...I don't even want it...

Oooo I got a snow globe...Holy crap look at this thing:

6115 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo