Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6050 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
31. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 Tumbler

Taskeen wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:54:
Here's to hoping they put considerable time into optimization.

This. The beta ran like complete shit for me. I eventually bought on GMG after going back and playing BF3. BF3 ran great and looks great some I'm crossing my fingers on the performance side.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 25, 2013, 11:36 Tumbler

79 on meta critic. I'll pass. I just spent $60 on an avenger (SC), no money for batman but I got a sweet ass space ship I can look at and sit in. It'll fly one day... Hopefully.  

News Comments > More Star Citizen Hangar Flying
3. Re: More Star Citizen Hangar Flying Oct 20, 2013, 20:52 Tumbler

Horneyt variants on Tuesday! Can't wait. Got money burning a hole in my pocket.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 11:27 Tumbler

Finally canceled my PS4 pre-order. BF4 was the only game I planned on playing on the PS4 and after seeing the beta on the pc I think I'd just rather save the $400+ dollars and buy BF4 on sale after launch. (assuming it doesn't go on sale before launch via GMG. They had a great offer before they started this beta, 25% off I believe, now nothing seems to work for discounts. You can get $10 in credit so if you plan on buying the premium thing you can save some money there but I feel like waiting a week or two past launch is probably best. Last time around they had the core game on sale for $35 by then and maybe then I can buy the core game and premium pass thing without feeling like I'm double paying for that first expansion. (china rising)

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2013, 17:50 Tumbler

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:19:
And, of course, you need to select that you want to use the cloud every time it asks you to save, because it doesn't bother remembering so, if there are multiple options (e.g., cloud and hdd) it will ALWAYS ask. And, of course, it doesn't sync those two, even though you usually (but not always) want them to.

Oddly enough the best implementation of the cloud goes to Sony and PS+. When you start a game you've never played it does a background check to see if you've already selected the feature, if not it asks you if this game can use the online save features. You say yes and it never bothers you again. On it's nightly connect / update it will upload your saves so I think the system stores the stuff locally while you're playing then it sync's with the server every night.

Even steam makes a bit more troublesome. On many steam games I choose not to bother with online save files because you have to click to save in different spots. Civ V comes to mind, you have to choose to either save locally or save in the cloud. It makes so much more sense to use the cloud to just backup your local saves every day or so.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2013, 14:26 Tumbler

It's going to be really interesting how impressive this cloud is once this System is out and people see for themselves. Maybe MS's arrogant attitude all this time has been justified! Maybe the experience is way way better than everything they've tried to show us and explain up till this point. Maybe it's all just a huge misunderstanding and we're all going to have a good laugh!

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
26. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 17:35 Tumbler

ROFL...that means I get a PS4 with no games, both titles I ordered are now delayed.

Edit: And everything else being released on 11/15 I have no interest in doh.

Yeah I'm all but certain I'm going to wait on buying a PS4 because everything I want to play on it I can play on the PC...and it's better on the PC. And Star Citizen.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
21. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 16:33 Tumbler

Seems very shady to announce this so close to launch. This was a late November game if I remember correctly? Is today the Cert deadline? So the game isn't ready for cert...eta? 6 months. No, make that 7. And a half.

Amazon says June 30, 2014 which may be a guess, but if not JUNE 30 IS NOT SPRING.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
26. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 16:22 Tumbler

They took a vote on whether to stop adding things. Turns out 87% didnt agree with you.

In SC's defense the stuff they are adding is realistic considering the budget. Some of these features sound very complicated but all you technically need to do when you add a salvage mechanic is to alter how mining works. Approach object, activate doo hickey, spawn resources. I hope it will be far better than this and I assume they have much bigger ideas but they're not setting the quantity of work that needs to be done at 200% what it was just a month before.

17. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:01 Tumbler

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 13:55:
Do we have an ETA for an Alpha/Beta release to the backers?

December. I wanna say 13th but i'm just guessing.

16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:00 Tumbler

This project has gotten a lot more exciting since the hangar module came out. I'm more excited about the upcoming dogfighter alpha than i am about anything else in the near future. Passing on both new consoles in favor of a new hotas setup. Might still pick up bf4...november is a long month...  

News Comments > Steam Controller Demonstration Video
30. Re: Steam Controller Demonstration Video Oct 11, 2013, 21:41 Tumbler

This looks great! Just watching this video made me go start a game of Civ V. I'd love to have a controller to use for games like Civ V instead of this keyboard.

My kids have already broken one of these wireless keyboards. It's so large it become difficult to set it aside. The mouse is easy enough but getting rid of both those in favor of a controller like this would be fantastic!

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
19. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 21:31 Tumbler

I'm excited to see what people make! I wish I had clue where to even begin. I'd be happy to join a team as the sound guy.

"pew, pewpewpew, PEW PEW"

I can also do light sabers, "wonh, wohn, cuh-ch cuh-ch!"

I can also make engine sounds similar to a garbage disposal, a dishwasher and a lawn mower!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support Oct 10, 2013, 12:05 Tumbler

Elite Dangerous is coming out for the PS4?!?

No I was just planning on spending some money this holiday on a PS4 but I've changed my mind because of Space Sims coming to the PC including this game so now I am going to spend that money on Flight sim related accessories.

Was just rambling about other concerns I have about nex gen consoles.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support
4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support Oct 10, 2013, 11:48 Tumbler

I imagine this game for many people is like Star Citizen for me. There seems to be a lot of nostalgia for it and I'm excited to see another space game coming out.

Between this and a flight sim setup (HOTAS) I don't have a good reason to buy a nex gen console so I'm out! I'll get my HOTAS setup around launch time BF4 on the PC, and when that dogfighter alpha comes out for star citizen I'll be the happiest son of a bitch you ever saw.

It will be interesting to see what differences there are on the PS3 / PS4 versions of games. Part of this decision is just my assumption that the PS4 versions of games aren't going to be a lot closer to pc in options and services outside teh game. They'll look better but might still have 24 player matches instead of 64, dedicated servers will be few and far between. I hope I'm wrong. And don't even get me started on that Xbox Cloud bullshit. I will believe that when I see it.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2013, 14:13 Tumbler

Part of Ken Kutaragiís vision of the PS3 was for the console to ship without a dedicated graphics processor, with the now infamous Cell chip handling ALL the processing.

I know Sony was expecting the Cell Processor to be a big deal but how clueless do you have to be to ignore the reality of what that chip can and can't do.

Dual Core CPU's were a normal thing at that point I believe and Quad Core's were coming out...so was he just no aware how important graphics cards were on the PC at this point? What difference would 8 cores vs 4 make when PC games were still hugely dependent on that GPU card instead of running everything off a CPU.

I recall there being tests that specifically tried to run games only on the CPU and when you compared those tests to using the gpu is was no contest.

That is extremely depressing Sony. Maybe if you were going to run NES games via emulator then the PS3 with a Cell only would have worked...

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
10. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 20:50 Tumbler

I'm really close skipping the ps4 / 180 nonsense and dumping that $400+ into pc upgrades. Star Citizen is supposed to have a big sale or something on 10/10, maybe they'll have something that pushes me over the edge.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 14:18 Tumbler

Like I said, I don't know the rules and was sure they're stupid. 5 minutes is indeed stupid, but then again, outside of those Let's Play things, I doubt anyone on YouTube is watching much more than 5 minutes of anyone's gaming (exceptions also being people that totally dominate a round of whatever multiplayer game.)

It's possible MS's isn't being clear enough on how recording works. It would make sense to limit uploaded video clips to 5 min to encourage people to edit video down. A 10-15 min match where you had some awesome kills and such could be cut down to 5 min or less and be much better than watching the full match.

They'll probably move to something like this even if it wasn't initially planned but it's bizarre how so many of their ideas and features seem half baked at this point. Like they just grabbed everything off the drawing board and threw it into marketing because they needed something to show right now.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 13:39 Tumbler

you get some achievement without planning for it, or really noticing, by doing something really cool.

I rarely feel that I earn achievements for doing something "really cool". It's more often silly or unremarkable. You completed the Grand Theft Auto online introduction! You completed your first mission! You planned your first Heist!

Adding video of that happening is stupid. It's enough that those markers are stored in your profile.

They should be announcing features like recording preferences.

For Example:

"We know from playing games that when something awesome happens on screen we're not always ready for it. Since we made the decision to limit recording to 5 min we obviously don't want players to just keep recording little 5 min bursts over and over again so we allow you to configure ahead of time what is being recorded all the time.

You can configure the recording to start when you press the button, you can have the recording always remember the last 30 seconds and when you press the button you get another 4:30 of recording.

You can also have the recording ready to captures the last 2:30 so when you press record you're grabbing 2:30 that already happened and another 2:30 or recording time.

Oh and you know what? As I'm writing this I'm realizing how fucking stupid it is to limit you to 5 min in the first place so instead you can just set it to record everything you do up to 2 hours and you can decide what to do with it. Record away folks, it makes no sense to try and force recordings down to 5 min.

Sorry, we didn't think that through until just now. You know what...I'm starting to think this is a really shitty dvr...it doesn't record TV? ...wtf? Only 5 min of gameplay...who came up with this? Don? Don Matrick? Well fire his stupid ass. He Quit? What else did he come up with? Press stop? What are you-"

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 11:29 Tumbler

Xbox One DVR automatically records gameplay when an achievement is unlocked

Yet another feature gamers never wanted. How do you Fuck up dvr functions this bad. Just let people record what they want and post it on YouTube. Is that so hard!? All these rules and now certain things are auto recorded. Just stop. FFS just stop. Give the players tools and then stop. Whatever you come up with after you create the tools, just blackhole it.

6050 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo