Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6124 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 13:28 Tumbler

Creston wrote on May 20, 2014, 13:09:
Irony, thy name is...

I bought it for my wife, she watches a lot of tv and it's actually farely useful for her in that respect. I don't play any games on it. It runs netflix, amazon, youtube and watchs tv almost exclusively.

Blu-Rays, it also plays blu-rays but far more often it's just an easy way for my kids to watch youtube and my wife to watch tv. Princess Play Doh videos are very popular. And Sofia the First. That box should be turning pink any day now. And fuck that controller. My god it's impossible to set that thing down without lightly touching the triggers and causing the video to fast forward or rewind.

I bought that little remote just to avoid using the controller.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
37. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 12:53 Tumbler

I planned on playing this but I'm goign to buy it, trade it, and pick it up later when it's cheaper.

Buying it from best buy for $52. (got that gamer unlocked thing) Get a $20 credit for later and trading it for 80 tokens on 99 gamers!

A token is approx $1 so i can hopefully get 2 newish games for those dollars spent in the coming weeks. I've seen the pc version of watch dogs on 99 gamers for 40 and 50 tokens, hopefully that will be 40 again and I can grab it.

(The reason I can get 80 tokens is because brand new stuff on release tends to sell for a premium)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 12:43 Tumbler

This bullshit spin about losing the kinect being bad for everyone is like the spin they put on taking off the always online drm of the Xbox One console back at E3 2013.

"Oh, sorry, since we have to take that out we can't have this awesome other feature that lets you share games. It's total horse shit that we'd ever let you share games, but we can say whatever we want since you can't prove us wrong!"

Complaining about the kinect not being able to become anything now is a joke. The Wii U still has the pad included and even on their first party titles they barely use it. (I hear that pad is a horn in Mario Kart) MS blew it on release by not having software that justified the Kinect's existence. Third parties abandonded the wii u because it sold like shit and third parties abandonded the kinect because they know games using it won't affect sales on the xbox one. Worst case if they make a game specifically for the Kinect it will sell like shit on the ps4 because it either won't exist or will be a flawed shoe horned product.

MS fucking blew it. I assumed they had big plans for software to support the Kinect but apparently they planned on 3rd parties building the software that would make people want the kinect. It's pure incompetence. The comments from folks around the time of the Xbox One being revealed suggested that MS was unbelievably arrogant assuming since this is the xbox everyone is obviously going to buy it so we don't need to worry about that... Bunch of fucking assholes.

I bought one and I'm not unhappy that I own one, I'm unhappy that the people inside Xbox are so fucking incompetent as to believe that their brand is so strong that they can shit in a box and people will buy it.

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
19. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 12:29 Tumbler

Reinstalling.

I can't give up on this game, it has to get better!

Never looked into mods, will have to do that. I think I'll start the open space game this time. That storyline stuff you go through in the beginning was really grating the 2nd time trying. Not interested in seeing that again.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 14:12 Tumbler

eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Mine was X:Rebirth.. and you can likely guess my current stance on pre-orders

Yeah...that really sucked. I think the hardest thing to deal with is that even if the game worked perfectly the controls on the spaceship and how you traveled between systems was terrible. What stopped me from playing was the constant need to travel on those dumb highway tubes and the fact that I could never look at the map and see where I was going. Plenty of other stuff wrong as well but every time I'd try and look around, explore I couldn't figure out how to understand where I was going and what was around me.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 12:45 Tumbler

Pre-orders are a pretty big waste of money as they lead to release day purchases. As much as they try and hype how great it is to own a game right at release the price changes over the coming months make it just a huge waste of money. A lot like buying a new car vs a car used with 10k miles on it.

Case in point the car I purchased recently has a sticker price on Toyota's website of 46,000 new. (Sienna Limited) You might be able to get that down a bit at a dealer but buying it used with 12k miles on it I got it for $29k. Buying many things brand new is a great idea, cars and video games? Not so much. HUGE increase in cost. Maybe that cost is worth it to you but in my experience it almost never is.

Except for Star Citizen.

Seriously though, Battlefield 4, :(, BF4 Premium pass :(...haven't actually bought much at launch lately...

Stuff I got on sale or from trading (essentially at a deep discount), Titanfall, :|, Thief, - in fairness I only installed it, Diablo 3 Expansion -only installed this as well, Dark Souls II -only installed. See how much happier I am! I have less regrets and more money! I try not to think about why I'm buying all these games in any form...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 11, 2014, 00:06 Tumbler

It's hard to believe that MS pursued the whole Kinect angle without a killer app being developed behind the scenes. I assumed they had something big in the pipeline that justified all this emphasis on Kinect because without that very important piece of software the Kinect is a gimmic.

Ms needed to lead the charge of why Kinect is important and it appears they are not doing that. Worse still, if they were not going to lead with their own software then they should have partnered with someone to make something. It appears they didn't even do that. There is nothing of note that uses the Kinect yet and I can only assume MS is saving all that stuff to show at E3...right? I mean they have to have a few things to use that thing...right?

News Comments > Titanfall Expedition Swampland Map Details
3. Re: Titanfall Expedition Swampland Map Details May 9, 2014, 19:31 Tumbler

I don't expect this will sell well. Short of a major content update the idea of spending more money on this is out of the question. Even if this map pack is free the game is so lacking in content that I wouldn't be excited about trying it.

I don't blame them for trying to sell this but I expect the sales figures won't be good.

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
3. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 10:15 Tumbler

The hunter is the best class in my experience. I have the easiest time winning with him based on his cards. I'd say the priest has some really stupid OP stuff as well but that is less consistent.

This is a good place to start for balancing.

I think those 2 and 3 cost kill a creature cards on the priest side also need some attention. Their cost is too low if nothing else.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 6, 2014, 17:29 Tumbler

I think Titanfall sold well enough and delivered enough that few feel the need to bash it but it's definitely not gaining a lot of "gamer" support at this point. It is what it is.

It's basically a proof a concept, a mini sample of a larger game that costs $60. I would guess that larger game is expected by Holiday 2015? They might be able to hit spring 2015 but I doubt it.

I doubt anyone will call it a System seller in the near future if they ever called it that. It sold some systems when they did some discounts. ($450 for system plus titanfall was pretty impressive)

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
37. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 15:30 Tumbler

I'd love to see this case go to court where we could all see the details come out but this will probably be settled outside in secret.
And "settled" might be little more than a phone call.

I would guess that Zenimax is just assuming that something in Oculous has to be similar enough to what they have to make a case. I'd bet their pretty PO'd that they didn't get any ownership in the company as well.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
12. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 20:50 Tumbler

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 2, 2014, 19:11:
Before this topic is filled with the inevitable Hitler references, I thought I'd mention the Blue's News organisation. I'm looking forward to flying with some of the Blue's crew.
I shall join you as soon as the Multi org thing gets added! (Allows you to join multiple orgs)

This comment was edited on May 2, 2014, 20:56.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
11. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 20:40 Tumbler

Only a few more days!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
76. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 30, 2014, 13:31 Tumbler

Quboid wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 07:32:
If I'm beaten by someone who is better than me, fine. If I am beaten by someone who has spent more time building up their empire, fine. If I am beaten by someone who has broken out their credit card then the game's integrity is shot.

In almost any online game it's possible you're being beaten by someone because they spent more money...maybe you like being naive to that fact if possible but people can play games on faster computers (that cost more), people can buy faster internet connections than you (that cost more), people can buy stuff off ebay that gives them an advantage they would not otherwise have.

From the beginning CR and team have said they want a game that is balanced and not going to give anyone a win in every scenario. A Hornet might give you an advantage vs many ships but there will be ships that have an advantage over the hornet. (Hopefully) The hornet is a heavily armed ship compared to many other ships of that size. That means among other things you have a lot to lose flying a hornet. An Avenger by comparison is a smaller ship, faster, not as well armed and costs significantly less. 1 Hornet vs 2 Avengers is essentially a fair fight on that front. 4 Aurora's (possibly 5) is a fair fight vs a Hornet. Depending on how those engagements go that can be tweaked but that is what I'm hoping the Matchmaking system will do.

I don't expect the Hornet to be strong enough to blow through 5 Aurora's or 2 Avengers without a lot of luck, I expect the Hornet to be useful in situations where it can exploit it's advantage which is a 1v1 vs an Avenger or 300i or even a 1v2 Aurora's. (maybe even 3) If the value of ships are factored into the matchmaking system it's going to be pretty funny to see Hornet Pilots find themselves facing 4-5 Aurora's or 2+ 300i's / Avengers. People expecting to get easy kills I hope will find themselves very upset.

The relationship of planes in world war 2 is hopefully a good example. If you're flying a Hurricane and you run into a FW-190 you're going to get your ass kicked. (FW-190 is a FAR better plane) But if you run into 5 Hurricane's you better watch your ass if you're going to attack. The cost of those planes to each country might be comparable so they might be an even match.

That will hopefully be something we see in the DFM, the matchmaking and how the game is going to give people in a 30,000 UEC ship a chance vs a person is a 100,000 UEC ship. (let alone the value of improved weapons)

69. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 22:43 Tumbler

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:08:
And, of course, there'll be the cash shop where, in addition to other game related stuff, you can buy the in-game currency UEC for real money. There are certainly more than enough tards in the world who will be using that shortcut to buy bigger ships, buggies, hangar fishtanks, guns, spoilers, bling-bling, dashboard crapola and all the useless shit that money can buy.

If there is a cash shop the only thing they sell is UEC which is the currency of the game. I don't think most people consider that a cash shop.

You will be able to buy whatever you want with UEC inside the game. There might be things earned outside the game (from things like a subscription) that are cosmetic and won't be for sale in the game but they haven't said for sure you won't be able to buy those same things with UEC on launch.

Basically everything they are selling today is going to be possible to buy in the game through gameplay once the game launches. I wouldn't be surprised if things like the Towel and the mystery object and the nic naks you earn from a sub now aren't available but they could be.

56. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 16:59 Tumbler

saluk wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 15:21:
I can't wait to try out my combat armor! Woo! And that "mystery object" sounds amazing. Whatever could it be? I hope I win the prize. Chris Roberts I adore you!

The mystery object has been revealed! And you can still earn it if you jump in before we hit 45,000,000!

Hadesian Artifact – The mystery of what happened in Hades has been one of the great archeological puzzles ever since the system was discovered in the early 26th Century. The evidence suggests that the Hadesians nearly erased their entire civilization in devastating civil war that left a planet cracked in half, but so many questions remained. Who were these Hadesians? How did the war get started? Over the centuries, even the public became enamored by the mystery of this system. This curiosity was inflamed when scientists recently discovered a lone Hadesian artifact on the black market of all places. Trinket manufacturers quickly tried to capitalize on the resurgence of interest by building exact copies of the artifact for sale to the public, even replicating the unidentified symbols along the base…

I recommend this one for people who don't want to over commit. You'll also need this to get access to the DFM and you'll need additional passes to see other modules before release. (Planetside and Social...whatever those mean) Total is about $50 currently, you could go down to $45 with the ship package and pass but I think the $5 upgrade for the LN model is a no brainer. That thing has more guns and better missiles and you'll want those if you're going to fly against people in Hornet's. (You are...and you are probably going to get your ass handed to you.)

48. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 14:39 Tumbler

I can't wait to see the thread about the DFM being released and playable. That one should be epic.

Probably going to need a seperate PC setup next to me dedicated to just showing me the thread. No matter what happens that thread is going to go nuclear. Turns out great? (@#$L@j#$Lj#$J@l#$) Turns out terrible (LLOOLLLOOOLLLOOO) Pleasure, pain, you won't be able to tell the difference.

44. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 13:42 Tumbler

No engine has ever proven capable of doing the things that Star Citizen is doing, so that's really a moot point. The Bengal Carrier has over 700m polys, which completely eclipses games like Ryse (85m) and Infamous: Second Son (120m). It's an incredibly ambitious project but it's at least being headed by someone with extensive experience in the industry and a great track record. Starlancer and the Wing Commander games were some of my favourite games.

BF2142 seems pretty close to what SC is aiming for. The little battlezones aren't a whole lot different than the Titan Mode gameplay. People fly ships, man and operate stuff inside a big ship, operate stuff on the ground (in space for SC's case). I think people get caught up in how hard things must be when a lot of what they've done in the past makes this a pretty realistic goal.

Every spot you visit might be like loading into a different BF2142 server with other ships in the area, people on the ground (in space stations) etc.

36. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 13:05 Tumbler

Release date for DFM (Dog Fighting Module) was quietly announced yesterday. Access will start in the 2nd week of May, no exact date given. Full roll out (access for all) in the 3rd week of May.

Subscribers and early backers (golden ticket holders) get in earliest, rolls back from there. Someone could jump in today, pay the extra $5 for an access pass and then sign up for a sub and be one of the first ones in. Will be interesting to see how many subs they sell for the month of may. Subs start at $10 a month and come with a few nick naks each month like the Jump Point magazine, access to some artwork. The real rewards for being a sub are stuff you see sporatically. We should be seeing some free trinkit for our hangar soon as you get one every 2 months and then subscriber merch like those patches that came up about a month ago.

If you're not really into the game being a subber is kind of a tough sell, but I like throwing them $10 a month with the added benefits I'm seeing now. (they added some stuff to the pot a few months back both for new folks and people who've been in more than a year)

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
31. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 22:43 Tumbler

Hunh, now that I've seen more gameplay I'm less interested in this game. The cinematic stuff that features mainly terrain looks great but for some reason as soon as you put a giant gun on the screen and people start shooting down scopes and there are flashy lights and such...it doesn't feel the same.

Really not liking how combat looks. Many other parts of this look great but the combat bugs me.

6124 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo