Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6059 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
1. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 22, 2014, 11:34 Tumbler

Got mine! Looking forward to seeing the new campaign.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 22:52 Tumbler

As for Star Citizen, who knows, but I would guess it'll be as you say with a switch between the two, like loading areas or something.

I know, the answer is no. You will not be able to go from space to planet in one area. You'll have to load into the planet area and space area when you want to transition.

They've said they'd like to make this possible eventually but it's not planned currently.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
13. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 21:31 Tumbler

Calling it, this game wont be fully released until 2016.

The full release of this game might end up being a mute point. The dogfighter module (aka alpha) is going to be here soon and the ETA on teh first chapter of the sq42 (intro and missions 1-10) is supposed to be released by the end of the year. Episodic after that.

The DFM module is likely going to feel like a very meaty experience in a few months. They're building it to be as functional as it will be in the full game just with a smaller scope. Expect to see it grow into a system where you can jump in, group up with others, go out into space, then the system can match you versus other teams of similar strength, just like we should see in the full game.

It should allow a person flying a single ship to find similar match ups (competitive matches). After that you can expect FPS elements to be added so we could see ship disabling and boarding in the DFM but they will probably hold that stuff back until the Sq42 missions come out just so that stuff has the effect they want.

It's all shaping up very well. If you haven't seen this you should watch it. Every time a new hangar update comes out ppl go and rip the files out to see what else they included that we can't see. The video shows an example of what flying a hornet and a 300i might look like. This isn't official, it's just what they can create from the stuff we have.

Does anyone have concern that spending $35 on this is too big a risk? Are you fucking high? $35.

News Comments > Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded
15. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 16:11 Tumbler

Kosumo wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 14:32:
How does this new ship feel to control compaired to the other ships? Whats that? No one has driven/flown any ships yet? Well, how could I tell what one is right for me? I know, I'll test drive it in my head ----> OH MAN, THIS SHIP FUCKEN ROCKS! Me buying 3 of them!

Shit, crowdfunding is looking super healthy with that going on.

They showed the new ship, the Javelin. It's a destroyer and it's beautiful. You can't buy it, but they still crossed the 39 million mark! And I'm sure people are dreaming of flying it and if they offered it for sale they'd definitely sell 3 of them...if not hundreds more.

I don't want to spend that kind of money but judging by the prices people have already payed on the Idris (corvette) and a limited Scythe fighter there are lots of people who want to spend the money.

It all seems like a perfect fit for me. I get a bigger better game and other people get to own massive warships that I can have fun trying to blow up.

6. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 13:46 Tumbler

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 13:29:
And if you want to talk about KS clusterfucks just look at Shadowrun Online. Not only over a year late already they haven't even got a working game yet. And they knowingly couldn't make the game for 500k and had to go out and secure private funding - which they did no disclose at the time - so that's wire fraud right there. Surprised no one has sic'd the feds on them yet.

Yeah, crowdfunding is over.

I hear that CIG might be showing a new ship today, the mustang, so i think you might feel differently when they pull in another million if that goes on sale today.

2. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 12:59 Tumbler

Meh, I would assume that if sales of act 1 were terrible then the game would be terrible and I wouldn't care if they even did act 2 because I wouldn't want to play it. (I'm a $100 KS backer) I can't wait to get my full boxed copy and blu-ray set of the development video's. I've stopped watching them because I want to watch them all together when they are finished.

Very happy for these guys and I can't wait to see more from them on all fronts. That deep space station sim looks fun but I'll wait for release.

And if I may be so bold, getting the Hopper filled up with titles from kickstarter can take years but once you're in the queue and you've got a new game coming every few months and you occasinally fund something new it's an amazing experience. I prefer to spend my money on these projects over AAA from traditional studios.

The bullshit being forced on consumers from publishers like EA is just obscene when you compare it to being an FTL owner who gets the new expansion free. I'm going to go out and buy the ipad version when it ships just because those guys rock. You think I want to give my money willingly to any big AAA dev? ...well...hearthstone gets money every so often from me...which is fine...because those cards are totally no getting reset for launch.... (I'm too afraid to ask)

If you're not on board with Star Citizen yet you really should at least watch the wingmans hangar show on youtube and the next great starship. (new episode airs today) It's amazing stuff. They've really stepped up the stuff they're showing over the past month.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2014, 13:05.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
61. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 16:04 Tumbler

Isn't the majority of the press focusing on xbox one? I think some of the enthusiasm is simply down to a lack of games available for the new console.

Now? Sure, I just seem to remember it being odd how amazing the press thought titanfall going back to E3 2013. Fast forward to today and maybe it's just that we've had time to hear a lot about it but playing the beta was satisfying but not what I expected from the glowing opinions people said a while back.

It's a great game, for free it's fantastic, for $60 on a $500 console ($600 after tax and a live sub fee) it's not enough. It's a pass in my book until it's cheaper. $40 maybe. I think I'll likely trade for it with another game. (Although I may be waiting a month or more...)

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
56. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 14:55 Tumbler

The response by the game journo's since E3 2013 is more confusing than ever considering what I saw in the Beta. It's a fun game but the level of enthusiasm from Game journo's prior to this set my expectations higher than the Demo delivered.

It's fun, but I'm not interested in paying $60 at launch to play it. I'll watch people play it on release and see if there is enough content to change my mind. The demo felt pretty sparse but I hear the full version has 13 maps? Plus multiple titans, obviously more weapons to play with. I'm not convinced all that is going to be enough to change my opinion.

I'm considering picking a day I can play all day and buying it on Origin, then within 24 hours I'm not happy with it I'll return it. That might be fun to do on the thursday or friday after launch... (definitely not launch day)

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
29. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 14:17 Tumbler

So far this player appreciation month has been a big improvement on the whole BF4 experience for me. I've never been happy with the progress I'm making and I feel like I'm doing ok in games. The amount of time it takes to unlock various things is atrocious and then the guns take even longer. Looking over my available choices I think I've unlocked maybe 1 extra gun per class...? The other options for each class all unlock pretty fast so I've got plenty of other tools to take with me but it's annoying as hell to see a dozen different rifles and only have the first one to use.

Getting a free battlepack everytime I login has been a welcome change. Picked up the hand gun shortcut kit this morning and I'll be trying that out tonight. I don't think I've gotten any guns on the packs but lots of scopes and accessories are nice.

These short cut kits sound perfect. (for free) I'm premium so I should have a punch of pistol's and DMR rifles to play with now. (Premium members also get a DMR shortcut pack)

I think they should stick with this login each day to get a battlepack free. Most of the stuff is just fluff, extra color scheme, a scope for some random weapon, the stuff is so numerous that getting these things from progress in the game feels like a joke. A lot of these scopes/accessories are connected to guns I can't even use which is just more reason not to hold back on this stuff.

I hope they keep this program active. I think without this the game is far less enjoyable. Getting a little trinket every day is a nice change and I'm playing it now which is a big step forward considering I hadn't booted this game up in months prior to this.

I even picked up a copy of BF4 on PS4 just to try and grab these battlepacks there too! (traded of course, not paying them for a new copy!)

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2014, 21:56 Tumbler

Wonder how bad the layoffs will be when this launches. Seems hard to believe the preorder numbers look good when it launches after TitanFall and infamous. Plus SC dogfighter module!  

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
6. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced Feb 7, 2014, 11:19 Tumbler

Looks very cool! I like the 3rd person / broadside view for larger ships a lot!

I liked the first game a lot but every time I played I felt like the difficulty ramped up too fast and I'd hit a point where it wasn't fun anymore and I felt the need to spend way too long grinding to get better. Hopefully that won't happen this time around.

In a game like this I feel like the game should occasionally drop buffs on you if you're not progressing. "I see you've haven't ranked up in a while, here is a promotion." Or something like that, maybe have random encounters that are very generous, big fat xp boosts with little difficulty involved. If you're progressing and having no problems you don't ever hit these but if you're like me and keep getting in trouble the game will give you a little nudge.

I'm looking at you DARK SOULS! I don't expect to be given credit for beating the game "as intended" or whatever but I despise games that I stop playing because they stopped being fun because of difficulty. Even if you have to turn on god mode for me to progress and you don't save ANY progress, it's all a one sitting thing, that would be fine.

Sometimes i just want to see all the content in the game and I don't care about the mechanics / difficulty, just let me move one and see it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
21. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 00:37 Tumbler

It's been long god damn January! I need some new ships to look at CIG! (Cloud Imperium Gaming) We got all that dogfighter footage at the end of the year, the cutlass in our hangars, then it's been a damn dry spell! I'm dying out here! I need my SC fix!!!

The new show "Next Great Starship" is fun to watch. So far they're just introducing the teams and showing us a gun each of them made. Some of them look outstanding, looking forward to seeing the ship.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
6. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 11:37 Tumbler

It's very odd that they aren't commenting on how they pick who gets the beta. Open to all? Random? First come first serve on email sign up?
Maybe it's just all xbox one ppl to help push that system.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 31, 2014, 11:11 Tumbler

The stuff I've seen so far in the starship competition looks awesome. Can't wait to see the top stuff later today. The start is the teams making a single weapon so we might only see a ton of guns today.

SPACE GUNS!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 30, 2014, 19:26 Tumbler

Getting rid of a ps3 for $100 seems like a bad idea. most models sell for $150+ used. If they offered $150 it might at least be fair but neither next gen machines play 3d blue rays plus the ps3 has so much coming to plus its ridiculous. Payday 2 free this month!?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 30, 2014, 12:46 Tumbler

I'd be surprised if they're putting out a device at $399. I wouldn't be surprised if it's disc less and comes with Titanfall for $500 but that price drop seems like wishful thinking.

The Xbox without a Blu-ray drive is odd though. Considering they want it to be your all in one solution in the living room I don't think you have a choice to include a blu-ray drive. Without that you'll need another device nearby that you'll have to switch to for watching movies. PS3!

I'm kind of happy to have only the Xbox One in my living room now, I get to keep the ps3 and PS4 hooked up in my game room, aka bedroom, and my wife and kids get to watch blu-ray, netflix, tv, amazon instant video, all without needing a harmony remote to juggle through inputs and such.

If they can get it to $399 with no disc drive I think gamers will like that option but I think they'd be smarter to put it at $499 with the drive still in and pack in titanfall.

Knowing MS they'll charge $599 because it's a limited edition console and you have to buy titanfall seperately because...fuck you! We're MS! Xbox RULEZ.

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
17. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:37 Tumbler

Darks wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:30:
Tumbler wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:23:
Hmm, went looking for some sort of gameplay clip posted recently and can't find much besides e3 stuff from 2013 and a war at cyrodill clip. That seems like a bad omen.

I expect this game to crash pretty hard, seems very blah and after skyrim that isn't what I expect.

Nope, not a bad omen, the game is locked down with an NDA. No one is allowed opt post anything unless Bethesda give the okay.

But I will say that I do like the game a lot. its been fun so far. defiantly has its issues because of beta but that's northing new in any new MMO.

Eh, checking when this comes out, April 4...I suppose there is time to put this stuff out before launch. Kind of a bizarre launch time, after titanfall, infamous second son AND the dog fighter module in stars citizen? Heh, good luck!

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
13. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:23 Tumbler

Hmm, went looking for some sort of gameplay clip posted recently and can't find much besides e3 stuff from 2013 and a war at cyrodill clip. That seems like a bad omen.

I expect this game to crash pretty hard, seems very blah and after skyrim that isn't what I expect.

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
48. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 18:19 Tumbler

Judging by how much money I spent on bf4 (unfortunately) the lesson they learned is "do that shit again!!!!"  

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
16. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 22:53 Tumbler

Hmm, I'll login and get free stuff... Maybe it'll work better too!  

6059 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo