Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6048 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
21. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 00:37 Tumbler

It's been long god damn January! I need some new ships to look at CIG! (Cloud Imperium Gaming) We got all that dogfighter footage at the end of the year, the cutlass in our hangars, then it's been a damn dry spell! I'm dying out here! I need my SC fix!!!

The new show "Next Great Starship" is fun to watch. So far they're just introducing the teams and showing us a gun each of them made. Some of them look outstanding, looking forward to seeing the ship.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
6. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 11:37 Tumbler

It's very odd that they aren't commenting on how they pick who gets the beta. Open to all? Random? First come first serve on email sign up?
Maybe it's just all xbox one ppl to help push that system.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 31, 2014, 11:11 Tumbler

The stuff I've seen so far in the starship competition looks awesome. Can't wait to see the top stuff later today. The start is the teams making a single weapon so we might only see a ton of guns today.

SPACE GUNS!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 30, 2014, 19:26 Tumbler

Getting rid of a ps3 for $100 seems like a bad idea. most models sell for $150+ used. If they offered $150 it might at least be fair but neither next gen machines play 3d blue rays plus the ps3 has so much coming to plus its ridiculous. Payday 2 free this month!?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 30, 2014, 12:46 Tumbler

I'd be surprised if they're putting out a device at $399. I wouldn't be surprised if it's disc less and comes with Titanfall for $500 but that price drop seems like wishful thinking.

The Xbox without a Blu-ray drive is odd though. Considering they want it to be your all in one solution in the living room I don't think you have a choice to include a blu-ray drive. Without that you'll need another device nearby that you'll have to switch to for watching movies. PS3!

I'm kind of happy to have only the Xbox One in my living room now, I get to keep the ps3 and PS4 hooked up in my game room, aka bedroom, and my wife and kids get to watch blu-ray, netflix, tv, amazon instant video, all without needing a harmony remote to juggle through inputs and such.

If they can get it to $399 with no disc drive I think gamers will like that option but I think they'd be smarter to put it at $499 with the drive still in and pack in titanfall.

Knowing MS they'll charge $599 because it's a limited edition console and you have to buy titanfall seperately because...fuck you! We're MS! Xbox RULEZ.

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
17. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:37 Tumbler

Darks wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:30:
Tumbler wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:23:
Hmm, went looking for some sort of gameplay clip posted recently and can't find much besides e3 stuff from 2013 and a war at cyrodill clip. That seems like a bad omen.

I expect this game to crash pretty hard, seems very blah and after skyrim that isn't what I expect.

Nope, not a bad omen, the game is locked down with an NDA. No one is allowed opt post anything unless Bethesda give the okay.

But I will say that I do like the game a lot. its been fun so far. defiantly has its issues because of beta but that's northing new in any new MMO.

Eh, checking when this comes out, April 4...I suppose there is time to put this stuff out before launch. Kind of a bizarre launch time, after titanfall, infamous second son AND the dog fighter module in stars citizen? Heh, good luck!

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
13. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:23 Tumbler

Hmm, went looking for some sort of gameplay clip posted recently and can't find much besides e3 stuff from 2013 and a war at cyrodill clip. That seems like a bad omen.

I expect this game to crash pretty hard, seems very blah and after skyrim that isn't what I expect.

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
48. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 18:19 Tumbler

Judging by how much money I spent on bf4 (unfortunately) the lesson they learned is "do that shit again!!!!"  

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
16. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 22:53 Tumbler

Hmm, I'll login and get free stuff... Maybe it'll work better too!  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
4. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 12:50 Tumbler

As long as I can pre-order via amazon, then cancel if I choose, I'm willing to give this a shot. (On the xbox One)

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
25. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 14:06 Tumbler

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 13:53:
Oh, it's GOING to fail to live up to expectations, but that's mostly because people now expect this to become the best game of all time ever released, past, future and present, and it'll be a realistic simulator of life in space in the 25th century etc etc. When all he set out to do at the beginning was do another Wing Command and potentially make a Privateer Online.

Ready. Player. One. Motherfucker. Ready Player One. This is how it starts. When massively successful, he buys Disney and Lucasarts and builds those worlds into the game. There will be a fully realized Indiana Jones Planet, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be wiped from the record, there will be a universe for star wars both clone wars and the new hope universe, and an heir to the empire universe!!!, there will be a Wing Commander universe, (he already bought EA obviously), Ultima online will live on in a separate corner of the Galaxy on it's own planet next to the Ultima Underworld planet!, then he'll buy the Star Trek franchise while the economies of the world collapse as all discretionary spending of consumers go into this one giant all consuming corporation. Then we'll all have VR machines built by apple, after CIG buys them of course, in our homes and we'll finally be able to see what a Star Trek vs Star Wars battle is really like.

Now you tell me, isn't that worth a measly $35!?! If total recall existed and I could buy this memory I'd pay for that too!

I'm with you on the Elite stuff, I don't want to spend $40 or so dollars to see how that turns out but it looks excellent and I'm willing to spend around that if it turns out great. CR's idea sounds worth the risk to me in the end. Plus T-Shirts! And Blueprints, and signed boxes! I can't wait to smell the box, don't you miss those PC game boxes everything used to come in....ahhhh nostalgia.

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
21. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 13:29 Tumbler

In the event that content creators disclose this stuff before hand, where is that done? I heard Total Biscuit mention something about tags that were only recently understood but where there connected to the MS contract?

If people disclose this stuff do they do it in text at the beginning or end of the video? Or is this something that is technically disclosed in audio during the video? Is there a seperate page where tags are listed?

I'm wondering if this kind of thing is being technically disclosed in some hidden way already and people just couldn't read it?

22. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 13:10 Tumbler

grudgebearer wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 12:46:
If they ever actually stop adding stretch goals, and actual release a game they better not cut or modify a single feature. Because if they do, the people who are pumping money into this scheme are going to go apeshit and murder their families when the disappointment sets in.

If I were in their shoes I think I'd be aiming at delivering the original product and then adding stretch goals after release as it would add a huge incentive for players to stick with the game long term. Other games have done this with great success, most importantly Eve Online. Many of the features people were most excited about were not in that game at launch or even A YEAR after launch. Titan's I believe were supposed to be in the game very early but those were not added until at least a year later. Player run space stations were another item that came far later. I think they should focus on building content to add to the game on a consistent basis so that each month something new gets added to the game and those could simply be the stretch goals that we're seeing now.

As long as you have something coming just around the corner I think fans will be fine getting a game that grows as they play. It certainly worked for Eve Online.

Concerns about Stretch goals seem a little silly at this point since they're adding Systems in many cases. They were already going to have hundreds of systems I would assume so these stretch goals are largely just revealing what those systems will be. Connecting that to the community polls about what they want to see, Planets orbiting a black hole, planetary system in a Nebula, new ship types, etc. just seems genius. This is stuff they're already planning on building so I'm happy to see stretch goals for this kind of thing because it should end up giving them more money to put where it needs to be on the project as a whole.

Remember it's a $35 risk, if you want to play this game, it's $35. Everything above that is you committing to the making the project better and possibly buying physical stuff like shirts and mouse pads. $35 doesn't seem like too big a deal to risk for potentially getting this game in return.

$35 gets you plenty on Steam during sales and such but I can say with confidence that no one is making something like this. $35 won't get you this from anyone else because no one is making this. X Rebirth still sits largely unplayed on my pc because it was such a buggy disaster at launch. I think I spend $30 on that after coupons and such and at the end of the day I'm not that mad because I only spend $30. I expect that this would be the same if it turns out poorly and someone spent $35.

For me...well I'll have to dig a hole in my yard, bury all my SC related stuff and put a tombstone out there to properly deal with all the grief if this project fails to live up to expectations.

16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 12:40 Tumbler

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:47:
*disclaimer* I actually believe that they wanted to create their own netcode, what I dont believe is that they ever intended to release a dogfighting module in December and the longterm time saving is obviously just lip-service for the gullible...

For me personally I don't have a big problem with the Dogfighter alpha being late. It wasn't a huge factor in pledging my money but when it's ready I'm going to try it.

Considering the events of 2013 and what we've been able to see watching things like wingmans hangar each week it wouldn't surprise me if the entire project is behind by a full year. The amount of funding they've received has to have had a huge effect on the organization. One of the earlier stretch goals was to move to a larger office and I think they went through two moves, Austin and LA, in the past 2 or 3 months and prior to that they didn't have the space to hire new people. (this was obvious from the office walk arounds)

I won't be that upset if they miss the end of march april deadline either, I just want them to put out an outstanding product and at this point I don't think they could safely put out anything in alpha. At worst they need to put out Beta stuff because there are simply too many eyes watching and too many people willing to jump on them to risk releasing stuff in Alpha. Maybe a closed pool of members, like the subscribers could get alpha stuff but I think they should be planning on releasing only Beta and above level stuff from now on.

We're at 37 million after all, people are going to compare it with other things at similar budgets.

15. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 12:13 Tumbler

Woohoo!

I have to say I'm surprised the game continues to get so many pledgers after the LTI incentive went away and while there is little new art / ships being released. They continue adding and updating the hangar stuff, the Cutlass was finally added to the hangar so now all three of my ships are there for me to drool over. (Connie, Cutlass, Avenger)

Can't wait to see how the game controls in the dogfighter alpha! I'm holding off on buying an expensive HOTAS setup until I try that because I'm concerned that a throttle will not be as useful as a second joystick.

And if two analog sticks makes the most sense I'll give the game pad a shot expecting it to be a joke when it comes to aiming. But then some ships have guns that might have some sort of auto aim or assisted aim? Not sure how that is going to work, I think I heard it might even be manual aiming on those guns so you'll need something to aim the guns while you fly...?

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 20:33 Tumbler

That claim from MS looks pretty stupid when you look at /r/games right now. Youtube people coming out of the wood work confirming this is the norm, many people accept money for being nicer than need be.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
1. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 21, 2014, 18:36 Tumbler

Been playing this about a week. A ton of fun. Spent $10 so far, hoping i can hold out until release for more.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 13:27 Tumbler

It would be nice to have 3D supported on PS4. That is annoying although I don't have anything important to watch right now. Plus i'm hooking up my ps3 again just to have it as a back up.  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 20, 2014, 18:13 Tumbler

I figured there would be a ton more updates to the games but 13GB is obscene. I hope we're seeing the effects of all the pressure to ship by launch back in November rather than the new normal.

I like small updates but I'd prefer they get applied automatically when the machine checks in at midnight or whatever. (like how it used to on ps+) 13GB I am glad it asks at least rather than just downloading and installing automatically.

Will be interesting to see what the games behave like in late feb early march. (TitanFall, Thief, Metal Gear Solid V, Infamous, etc) I expect the extra time in the oven will make these broken launches and obscene patches less common. Time will tell.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
18. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 12:45 Tumbler

Crossfire? Why have I never heard of this...googling...confused...wtf? It looks like counterstrike only...a little worse. How does that make almost a billion dollars and the closest competitors makes in the neighborhood of half that?

Nice to see world of tanks is still doing so well, going to need that money to write off that awful World of Planes disaster. Maybe world of Warships will be better by my money is on WarThunder.

It's surprising to see SWTOR in there with 139 million. I am shocked that game is still doing so well. (as someone who bought at played it from launch +2 months)

6048 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo