Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 5982 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takes Off
6. Re: World of Warplanes Takes Off Nov 13, 2013, 12:59 Tumbler

InBlack wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:38:
A Friend of mine who actually still plays WoT is playing Warthunder currently, a much better game in his opinion. Less grind and better aeroplane handling. (Although both games suck with joystick implementation, mouse + keyboard seems to rule the skies)

I have played world of tanks a lot, not currently playing, tried World of Planes (hated it), then tried War Thunder and loved that. I stopped playing War Thunder for a bit while they figure out how to integrate the different classes. I believe they are going to have people flying planes, driving tanks and controlling warships all in one battlefield. The air combat game is extremely good but after enough time it becomes obvious that there needs to be more ground targets to go after, you can bomb a few things which earn a lot of points but the vast majority of a battle is decided by air to air kills and it doesn't require a lot of teamwork.

If they'd assign targets for bombers and make it important to at least be in that area to guard them I'd hope that would make the battles less predicatable.

Fantastic game, no idea how that is for Joystick/HOTAS setups, I've been on mouse and keyboard and it's surprisingly fun using those controls.

I have no idea how World of planes will be anything but a complete flop. Play warthunder, then go play World of Planes, it's just jaw dropping how much better warthunder plays and looks. Warthunder is gorgeous, just pure joy for the eyes. Add to that very immersive damage modeling so you can take hits and keep flying but then your plane will start doing weird things, won't turn as fast, slowly lose power, catch on fire, bits of wings come off, and isn't immediately noticed, so you'll be in a dogfight, you've taken a few hits, scored a few and you think you've finally got him, you go to open up on the enemy and all of the sudden you're propeller has stopped spinning, you realize your fuel was hit and you just ran out of fuel! Hopefully you' weren't low to the ground turning....if so you're fucked! If you're lucky you can dive to maintain speed and turn towards your airfield and glide in, but better hope that enemy doesn't realize this and come after you! Or in the middle of a fight you'll score a few hits and it may look like nothing so you're turning hard to go after him and he's just flying straight and diving ever so slowing, maybe rolling to the left a bit, what is he doing?!, then you realize the few hits you scored knocked out his controls so he's easy prey now!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 14:54 Tumbler

Killzone is looking really nice. I'm surprised we didn't see this kind of advertising earlier. The game looks like it's going to steal the show as far as next gen games.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 11:47 Tumbler

I'll pick this up when it's $5...or as steam now calls it $7.49.  

News Comments > Next Mass Effect Teases
14. Re: Next Mass Effect Teases Nov 8, 2013, 00:11 Tumbler

Meh, good luck with that EA / Bioware.  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2013, 17:15 Tumbler

That Adam Orth article kind of gives me the creeps. I don't really see it as a "Look at me now!" article, it feels more like a "I was attacked by a bear and survived" story.

You'd think that seeing that happen might have caused MS to rethink their strategy...NOPE!

Let's try again and see if their stil...OH MY GOD, RUNNNN!!!!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
32. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 14:36 Tumbler

change seta cl_maxPing "800" to seta cl_maxPing "150"

150?! Are you fucking kidding me?! I look for sub 50ms servers on BF4 and when I have to slum it I play on 60ms servers.

150? 800!? WTF? On a PC?

That sounds awful.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 4, 2013, 21:30 Tumbler

Rea1One wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 21:15:
I don't think this madness will end anytime soon, they will probs hit $50 million at this rate.

I expect the funding on this game to go nuclear if the Dogfighter alpha is a hit. The hangar module was released earlier this year and they've basically doubled their dollars pledged since that thing came out.

I think people are getting a lot more comfortable spending money on the game with all the content you can see in the hangar.

If the Dogfighter alpha shows up and can impress people as much as the hangar does I have to imagine that it's going to bring in A TON more people since you can actually play "the game" even if a simple death match scenario.

If they are smart they'll plan on releasing a new ship at least once a month because they're basically printing money. It sure seems like they've noticed that because the ships are coming fast now. The Gladiator, Retaliator, new Hornets, new Aurora's, there is going to be a big sale on Nov 26 which is the deadline for original backers to buy ships with LTI (life time insurance) I'm assuming they'll use that event to roll out a new ship or two.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
29. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:05 Tumbler

Playing this game is kind of hilarious. The bugs are god awful in the MP portion. I have no idea what the SP game looks like.

It's got to be a 70% failure rate on the game I play. Well over half. And stat reporting...I rank up to the same rank repeatedly because so many matches simply die with no warning.

When the game is working it's often horribly jerky like it's dealing with tons of lag. Sometimes it skips around, sometimes you rubber band, sometimes it's fine. I'll shoot guys and the hits will only register every other shot, sometimes it's fine, I'll unlock things one match and the game dies the next, after joining another game I'll find that none of that progress counted.

Steam (heh, I mean origin) says I've got approx 40 hours in the game now and I think I just hit level 10. I have to imagine at least 20 hours of that time is just gone with nothing to show for it. I know that number includes my beta play but I didn't play that more than about 6 hours so maybe it's about 15 hours lost in 30 hours played at this point.

Sound bugs, oh the sound bugs. It will get super quiet all of the sudden, my local sounds will still work and then a few min later it's like the game remembers, oh right, Sound! and everything come back. Graphically the game works ok but playing it is just something I have to laugh at because it's a wreck at this point. This isn't release day issues anymore, they deserve lower scores but sadly the game is a lot of fun and I can't wait to play more.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer Nov 3, 2013, 12:11 Tumbler

That is a great commercial. This is the first time I've seen anything about Vegas though, that seems like something they should have spoken up about.  

45. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 16:14 Tumbler

Finally canceled my Sony Store pre-order for the PS4. Happy to sit on my PC and drool over all the awesome stuff on the way. Hopefully someone will have a PS4 deal next year where I can save a bit of money or get a few things bundeled in for the same price. I do want one but until there is something special to play on it I'll wait.

June next year seems like a good time to look. Now I just have to stop spending money on Star Citizen...

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
9. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 18:30 Tumbler

Is this related to that trailer we saw a year ago that said bioware was making it? I'm confused, were they making two c&c games or are they just pretending this has nothing to do with bioware now?  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
29. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 13:51 Tumbler

Played last night just after it was released. Pretty miserable experience. Game crashed during almost every match. I think after the 5th time I gave up and turned it off. Maybe it's just opening night issues but when the program freezes and I have to alt tab or open the task manager that doesn't seem like server issues.

Game runs ok on the new nvidia drivers, I think I'm on medium at 720p and I'm gettin 60fps. Game feels really jumpy by design. Everything seems to make you bump and move around, especially in ground vehicles, driving a tank feels like you're driving a dune buggy.

This is very close to how playing the beta felt at the start, wasn't expecting hte game to feel this frustrating all over again. Some of the maps are pure garbage in my opinion. I despise these infrantry "tunnel" maps where all you can do is run into the other team, seems like they're trying to offer the COD experience in those and they seem like a complete waste of time.

Hopefully things will get better.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2013, 14:05.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
31. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 Tumbler

Taskeen wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:54:
Here's to hoping they put considerable time into optimization.

This. The beta ran like complete shit for me. I eventually bought on GMG after going back and playing BF3. BF3 ran great and looks great some I'm crossing my fingers on the performance side.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 25, 2013, 11:36 Tumbler

79 on meta critic. I'll pass. I just spent $60 on an avenger (SC), no money for batman but I got a sweet ass space ship I can look at and sit in. It'll fly one day... Hopefully.  

News Comments > More Star Citizen Hangar Flying
3. Re: More Star Citizen Hangar Flying Oct 20, 2013, 20:52 Tumbler

Horneyt variants on Tuesday! Can't wait. Got money burning a hole in my pocket.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 11:27 Tumbler

Finally canceled my PS4 pre-order. BF4 was the only game I planned on playing on the PS4 and after seeing the beta on the pc I think I'd just rather save the $400+ dollars and buy BF4 on sale after launch. (assuming it doesn't go on sale before launch via GMG. They had a great offer before they started this beta, 25% off I believe, now nothing seems to work for discounts. You can get $10 in credit so if you plan on buying the premium thing you can save some money there but I feel like waiting a week or two past launch is probably best. Last time around they had the core game on sale for $35 by then and maybe then I can buy the core game and premium pass thing without feeling like I'm double paying for that first expansion. (china rising)

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2013, 17:50 Tumbler

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:19:
And, of course, you need to select that you want to use the cloud every time it asks you to save, because it doesn't bother remembering so, if there are multiple options (e.g., cloud and hdd) it will ALWAYS ask. And, of course, it doesn't sync those two, even though you usually (but not always) want them to.

Oddly enough the best implementation of the cloud goes to Sony and PS+. When you start a game you've never played it does a background check to see if you've already selected the feature, if not it asks you if this game can use the online save features. You say yes and it never bothers you again. On it's nightly connect / update it will upload your saves so I think the system stores the stuff locally while you're playing then it sync's with the server every night.

Even steam makes a bit more troublesome. On many steam games I choose not to bother with online save files because you have to click to save in different spots. Civ V comes to mind, you have to choose to either save locally or save in the cloud. It makes so much more sense to use the cloud to just backup your local saves every day or so.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2013, 14:26 Tumbler

It's going to be really interesting how impressive this cloud is once this System is out and people see for themselves. Maybe MS's arrogant attitude all this time has been justified! Maybe the experience is way way better than everything they've tried to show us and explain up till this point. Maybe it's all just a huge misunderstanding and we're all going to have a good laugh!

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
26. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 17:35 Tumbler

ROFL...that means I get a PS4 with no games, both titles I ordered are now delayed.

Edit: And everything else being released on 11/15 I have no interest in doh.

Yeah I'm all but certain I'm going to wait on buying a PS4 because everything I want to play on it I can play on the PC...and it's better on the PC. And Star Citizen.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
21. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 16:33 Tumbler

Seems very shady to announce this so close to launch. This was a late November game if I remember correctly? Is today the Cert deadline? So the game isn't ready for cert...eta? 6 months. No, make that 7. And a half.

Amazon says June 30, 2014 which may be a guess, but if not JUNE 30 IS NOT SPRING.

5982 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo