Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6407 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders
7. Re: DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders Sep 18, 2015, 22:55 Tumbler

Reminds me of that euro fighter sim. Had so much fun with that. If I could get a chair desk to setup my warthog hot as proper I'd give this a shot.  
99gamers.com-Going down in flames after discounting their currency!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2015, 12:25 Tumbler

>More California fiber optic cable severed as AT&T offers 250K reward.

So that is where the network congestion is coming from! That's why they're throttling those unlimited data plans! Curse you vandals!

I'm on ATT dsl and have noticed a lot of weird internet issues, wonder if it's related to this or just my equipment. ATT Uverse DSL only allows you to use their equipment which I'm 99% sure is total shit. I bought a new modem hoping to use that instead and learned that they won't let you config your own equipment for dsl.

Very frustrating.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Feature Speeder Races
1. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Feature Speeder Races Sep 16, 2015, 18:49 Tumbler

It seems unwise to even mention this.

A whole 2 players might be able to race! Well shit, put that on the box!

News Comments > Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions
9. Re: Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions Sep 15, 2015, 13:54 Tumbler

Talk about shady shit...keep it classy marketing fuckers.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
23. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 17:40 Tumbler

I'm amazed that anyone is anxiously awaiting more half life. It would be interesting to see more but at this point I just don't care.

They might as well reboot it and make it an open world game.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November
9. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November Sep 14, 2015, 17:20 Tumbler

Top notch cinematic as usual. That looked awesome. I wish they could create a game that played like that.

I've got the previous two games but can't get myself to play them for more than an hour. Watching other people play the game is pretty fun, can't seem to get into it myself.

Just bought Mad Max the other day, going to be playing that tonight I hope!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 14:01 Tumbler

Amazon Prime (comes with HBO)... $8.25

I've been seeing a lot of hbo stuff on there, but does that include the most recent stuff? Looking on Amazon Prime Video I don't see the True Detective series yet so I think it's a few years old but that is great content if you haven't see a lot of it. I just started watching Into the Storm, a drama documentary following churchill from 1940-1945. It's very good so far. It's rare you see a war only from the top so it's extremely interesting to see what those guys see and hear day to day with the brutality on the ground going on every day.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2015, 13:50 Tumbler

I'm not sure why that guy quiting after 11 months is news. I'm sure he found someone willing to pay more. Star Wars Uprising isn't bad from what I've played of it. The presentation is amazing in parts to be honest. I'm guessing someone else wants to pay him to make mobile games for them and the people inside EA don't want to pay a lot of money to people making star wars games because the IP sells itself.  

News Comments > DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases
3. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 16:34 Tumbler

That map look very nice. Flying around vegas at night looks like fun. $40 does seem a little much, let alone $50 but these guys are good at offering things for sale at a steep discount after things have been out a while. The labor day sale from last week had most everything at $15. The newer stuff was full price but this Sim is incredible.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2015, 21:37 Tumbler

Stay classy Ellen pao. 276k in legal costs she has to pay. Ouch.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed
17. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 15:11 Tumbler

Gwent > Hearthstone

When that Witcher Expansion hits I'm going to go start a new game and play the shit out of gwent. Oh you need your uncle rescued from a flaming devil goat? Do you have a Gwent card?! DO YOU!? Then fuck off!

I played my first time through on the easiest combat mode so I'm going to try it on a harder mode and see if it's as enjoyable. The combat was pretty hard to get used to for me. It become much more comfortable later in the game when you have a better understanding of what you're fighting and how to counter it but early on it was very confusing for me. Those symbols for example, normally the fire symbol would just be a little fireball and push symbol would be a wave thing or something, all the specific icons they used took a while to learn. Dropped combat to easy during the starting and didn't start noticing a problem until pretty late in the game when I was just ripping through people like I was using a light saber. You lose an arm, you lose a head, you get cut half, hhahaha! That was a lot of fun.

News Comments > Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed
13. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 13:19 Tumbler

I'd like to see them do more custom built decks in tavern brawl where they can tinker with the decks to make the fun an interesting for players to use.

Sites like Hearthpwn make it all but required to field a deck that has been playtested by thousands of people to enjoy ranked play. It can still be fun playing with decks you build yourself but it's a lot more satisfying to go find a winning deck on hearthpwn and use that for a few days to complete your gold missions.

I'd also love to see a ranked play mode similar to The arena where the decks can be generated randomly and you can play against other people who's decks were generated randomly. That can be a lot of fun but having it stuck behind 150 gold or $2 (?) kind of ruins it. It'd be a lot of fun to use that mode more often when I earning gold but so far Tavern Brawl is the closest alternative.

I'm really enjoying it but when I took a break before the goblin cards came out and then tryed starting up after the blackstone expansion was released that was a rough ride getting enough cards to feel competitive again. The cards you get from buying the expansions are too good in so many cases though. Many of those cards show up in way too many deck builds to say their balanced. Loatheb and Emperor Thaurissan for example are in SO many decks it's obvious they are OP.

It's very easy to see which cards need to be tweaked, the more often people use them in decks across the board the more OP they are in my opinion. Dr. Boom for example. That guys is crazy good for the cost. I use him in every deck I make now. It's very rare that someone can counter him effectively.

All that being said the game is still a ton of fun and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table next. These new cards and the theme involved is awesome.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Released
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Released Sep 9, 2015, 09:37 Tumbler

This is a great game for $15. It's closer to a turn based strategy game than chess. The pieces can still make their normal chess moves but you'll be shooting and attacking each turn which radically changes how you play.

I figured this game would be 25 to 30 but for 12.74 on sale this is an easy buy.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 16:23 Tumbler

When you logout, you’ll be an NPC, but they’re going to see if that works. There is a lot of balance involved in making sure you can’t just logoff and making sure that long voyages, you can logoff and your character maintain their role. It’s something they’re still working on.
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 14:27:
Sgt. Rock wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 13:23:

Uhm. That's going to suck balls or am I missing something?

Your not missing anything, you just have to believe in SC lore...

I think this is just poor wording. Many online games don't immediately drop you the instant you log off because people can exploit it. Your npc remains there for 60 seconds or 2 minutes to keep it fair.

On the flip side what happens if someone logs off in transit, does the ship instantly stop right there? Does it keep going? It sounds like they're considering giving the player a few things that the npc can do for them after they log off. Fly to this planet, then land for example. Or maybe finish mining this rock, then go dock at the station.

That a smart thing to do because people sometimes have to stop playing suddenly and it'd be great to kick on the auto pilot and tell it to just fly you back to your hangar and you log off and hope that works out.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2015, 19:47 Tumbler

>Fresno teen arrested after he allegedly posts Eminem lyrics on Instagram

That headline is complete bullshit. The details of the story tell a vastly different story. The instagram post started a conversation where it sounded like two kids were planning to shoot up the school. (It could have been bullshit) Someone must have reported it so police went and visited the house and searched the kids room with the father's consent.

They found an ak47 airsoft pellet gun, then they got a warrant for a full search, came back and found a lot of other stuff.

This is by the book police work from a anonymous tip(?)

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
23. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 12:23 Tumbler

It sounds like another titanfall. It's being rushed out early to meet a deadline.  

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
10. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 20:30 Tumbler

This sounds good enough to warrant watching the past game "movies" of the games.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLae_AFHRR5HlGrWSz0sHebp8qgpRtfY6N

Going to start that tonight and see if I can pick this up around black Friday or if someone wants to offer it on 99 gamers I might grab it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
153. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 16:45 Tumbler

Remember: The FULL PU is still scheduled for late 2016 according to Chris Roberts so we should see all three episodes between now and then. Yeah. I lol'ed again.

I don't think they're aiming for a "Full PU". I think they're aiming to have something out there like how the social hubs / module is out there now. There is nothing to do in the hubs, it's just pretty and there is only one of them currently but it's technically out...

I would guess that since Nyx is on the way and Arc Corp is obviously here a starting PU could be two solar systems one with the ARC landing zone and one with the Nyx landing zone. Throw in some asteroids, some pirates, a few vanduul and you've got an alpha PU. Expand from there.

All that seems possible if they're about have Multi crew working, and star marine and they can sew it all together. Heck doing that and then building a tiny PU by end of 2016 sounds reasonable until you mention SQ42....how the hell are they going to have time to make that? From what they've been able to produce in the past that don't have time to do anything else. It's either SQ42 and end of 2016 or alpha PU at end of 2016. I don't see them being able to do both let alone do SQ42 end of this year and PU end of next year.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 31, 2015, 16:31 Tumbler

I make it a point to download books and podcasts prior to flights. It's a great way to pass the time. Browsing the internet would be great too but at those prices I think I'll just stick to my headset and audio stuff.

...although Hearthstone...

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
30. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 19:09 Tumbler

I should be done downloading this tonight, excited to try it. My internet is awful. 3mb dsl is best att can do. Seriously considering a sprint phone with unlimited internet so I can tether and the download speed has to be faster...right...?  

6407 Comments. 321 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo