Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6076 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 19, 2014, 16:53 Tumbler

Heh, my first thought regarding Titanfall is that MS isn't happy with the sales of Xbox One consoles thus far.

I would love to hear a post mortem on how everything went regarding exclusivity to Xbox for this round. I imagine they were high on life up to a month ahead of when MS started shooting themselves in the foot.

What is funding of TitanFall 2 going to be? All EA funded? Is MS going to try and hold this as an exclusive? Will Sony bid to rip it out of MS's inventory and make it exclusive to PS4...

Holy shit, can you imagine the Xbox One's future if Sony / Respawn / EA announced TitanFall 2 was coming exclusively to PS4? No idea if Sony can invest the kind of Capital it would take considering the game is almost certainly going to be Multi Plat for TitanFall 2. I don't see how Xbox will be able to justify spending the money to keep it exclusive if it fails to meet expectations.

My hunch is that it's going to fail to meet expectations simply because the Xbox One's attach rate isn't there. Second Son seems to be the test for PS4.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 18, 2014, 17:21 Tumbler

Heh, I found this comment interesting:

In Monday’s press release, the US Attorney’s Office also offered this warning, which should be obvious to anyone by now: “Computer users should cover their webcams when they are not in use.”

This used to be something everyone used as an example of people being way too paranoid. Now it's just...obvious you should do it?

Luckily my laptop lid stays mostly closed as I use the HDMI out most of the time.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
35. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 16:25 Tumbler

Good riddance.  

News Comments > Titanfall PC Connection Issues Fixed
8. Re: Titanfall PC Connection Issues Fixed Mar 12, 2014, 17:20 Tumbler

Seems to be a smooth launch overall, kudos to all involved on that front. I'm surprised.

This makes me assume this game isn't that intense on the server side as far as bandwidth and power needed to run matches.

News Comments > WildStar in June
11. Re: WildStar in June Mar 12, 2014, 16:09 Tumbler

That release date makes me feel sorry for the devs of this game.

The Queue is full of epic looking games right now and for the next 3 months and at the end of that you're going to release a Subscription based MMO that has had so little marketing it's not even on Amazon yet.

I guess it's basically a soft release if they start letting people into the beta who pre-order's now so anything is possible!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 19:59 Tumbler

Dak Souls III?

MUST be an indie early access title trying to fool ppl wanting dark souls II!

(my spell checker had a fucking seizure trying to get exactly that spelling in there)

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
11. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:25 Tumbler

I loaded up BF3 a bit before BF4 arrived and was surprised how well it ran at that point. I assumed that BF4 would be very similar with a few more things happening on the maps.

That is why I bought into BF4 plus premium before launch. I got some discounts through GMG which was nice but I wish I'd waited until launch and played it a few days after release. Those first few days were a joke but I might have thought of that as opening day server load. A week later when the same shit was happening I just gave up to play something that didn't crash every 2 seconds. Like X-Rebirth! ....fuck.

Don't pre-order anything from these guys. Buy it at full retail on origin a bit after release so you can return within 24 hours if it sucks. This is assuming player feedback isn't giving you all the info you need before that.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 7, 2014, 01:50 Tumbler

Interesting read. This part jumped out at me:

Money and time weren't a concern for production in the first few years.

That makes sense because Infinite felt like a game where they spent way too much time on art and set pieces and very little time on how the game plays. The gameplay ends up feeling tacked on, there are so many amazing cinematic moments all through the game and then they throw in these weird shooting areas for a few min then it's back to the good stuff!

I remember so many things in that game but it's all set pieces and cinematic moments. The gameplay was forgettable.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 16:00 Tumbler

Finally got around to playing the game this morning. It's finally fun. With maybe an hour of game time I'd picked up at least 5 things that were better than the stuff I had.

That's what was missing from the initial game. You'd play for hours and be lucky to find one thing worth putting on. Then you needed to spend another hour going to the auction house and finding the loot you wanted. Fucking miserable experience.

News Comments > World of Tanks Video Diary
2. Re: World of Tanks Video Diary Mar 5, 2014, 21:28 Tumbler

This sounds awesome. I've gotten back into this game recently and these changes sound awesome.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
9. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 10:31 Tumbler

I want to buy a 1080p rift but who knows when that will be out. Really tempting to buy a dev kit model now rather than wait.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
33. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:37 Tumbler

It's priced too high but I only paid $40 for it which is more in line what it should be without there being a single player campaign. It's going to be bundled for free with xbox one's starting next month so I suspect EA will go after mass number of units sold and discount it heavily on the PC.

I expect it will be discounted at least that low, $40, in the first month. BF4 released at the end of October and I think it hit $35 before black friday and was $25 on black friday or something crazy like that? That game had it's problems so maybe we won't see a big drop as fast on this one but it's crazy how fast stuff goes down in price these days. You don't even have to be patient, just be busy. I have so many games to play...I need to start hiring people to play my games...that's how many unplayed games I have. My average experience in a game today is to install it. Steam makes that easy so I install a lot of games. I might even boot it up just to get those preliminary drivers loaded. I haven't even touched broken age yet. It's installed though! I installed the SHIT out of that thing!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
23. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:12 Tumbler

I'm interested to see what other stuff there is in the full game. I'd heard someone say there are turrets and I've seen things on the map that look like that. I assume it's part of a game mode that shoots at the capital ships so while the demo didn't push me to buy I'm interested to try the full product.

I think I'll be testing out that 24 hour return policy on Origin in a few weeks.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 15:06 Tumbler

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 13:07:
Pretty sure it's $500. You're basically getting the game for free. Smart move on their part.

Agreed, I'm surprised MS did this. It's more like them to stick with a higher price point simply because they can. Hopefully this trend continues.

News Comments > Vector Thrust Announced
4. Re: Vector Thrust Announced Feb 24, 2014, 14:47 Tumbler

Woohoo! I love vector'd thrust in flight sims! Let's take a look at these screenshots...oh. Not really a flight sim and I don't think any of those planes use vector'd thrust...

Vector graphics maybe.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 12:40 Tumbler

I'm curious how much they're going to sell that Xbox titanfall bundle for. Selling it for more than $500 would be a mistake in my opinion. They should sell it for $500 and have titanfall as a bonus. Likely they'll sell it for $549 but if they wanted to get back in this race they should shoot for a lower price point.  

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
22. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 14:20 Tumbler

Not surprising considering the fallout IP lawsuit a few years back between interplay and bethesda. I think the contract included some weird condition that interplay would be allowed to make a Fallout Online game as long as they started development with at least $60 million in funding by a certain date. (or something like that) They never did so I think bethesda said that deal was now null and void so interplay wanted to sue them or something? Or maybe interplay tried to say it was in development when it wasn't because they were going to lose the option...

It's all annoying. It's really dumb to buy an IP like this with any exceptions. I guess if that is the only way you can buy it, with that exception then you do what you have to do.

Don't much care about 3DR or interceptor and this definitely makes Gearbox look less desirable as a game maker. (not a lot) I didn't think there was a way to make Duke look less interesting...I was wrong. A lawsuit definitely makes me with this whole franchise would crawl in a hole and die.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
1. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 22, 2014, 11:34 Tumbler

Got mine! Looking forward to seeing the new campaign.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 22:52 Tumbler

As for Star Citizen, who knows, but I would guess it'll be as you say with a switch between the two, like loading areas or something.

I know, the answer is no. You will not be able to go from space to planet in one area. You'll have to load into the planet area and space area when you want to transition.

They've said they'd like to make this possible eventually but it's not planned currently.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
13. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 21:31 Tumbler

Calling it, this game wont be fully released until 2016.

The full release of this game might end up being a mute point. The dogfighter module (aka alpha) is going to be here soon and the ETA on teh first chapter of the sq42 (intro and missions 1-10) is supposed to be released by the end of the year. Episodic after that.

The DFM module is likely going to feel like a very meaty experience in a few months. They're building it to be as functional as it will be in the full game just with a smaller scope. Expect to see it grow into a system where you can jump in, group up with others, go out into space, then the system can match you versus other teams of similar strength, just like we should see in the full game.

It should allow a person flying a single ship to find similar match ups (competitive matches). After that you can expect FPS elements to be added so we could see ship disabling and boarding in the DFM but they will probably hold that stuff back until the Sq42 missions come out just so that stuff has the effect they want.

It's all shaping up very well. If you haven't seen this you should watch it. Every time a new hangar update comes out ppl go and rip the files out to see what else they included that we can't see. The video shows an example of what flying a hornet and a 300i might look like. This isn't official, it's just what they can create from the stuff we have.

Does anyone have concern that spending $35 on this is too big a risk? Are you fucking high? $35.

6076 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo