Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6185 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
13. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 13:47 Tumbler

Couldn't take the wait any longer, picked up the $34.99 pc download price on Amazon, loaded it up on Steam.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it runs. I tried it on the 360 and liked it there and seeing the minimum required specs were almost exactly what I had I expected the game to run like ass.

I get at least what I saw on the 360 on my X2 5600+, 9600GT, 4GB ram system. Anyone else concerned about using the required minimum specs can rest easy, the game works very well on my machine.

As for the DLC...it better be really fucking good. I know you guys have reason to be taking a victory lap at this point but unless you've got a whole new hub area about to drop I don't see how this whole announcement is going to end well. You accomplished a lot, but lets not get carried away by how much good will you've earned from gamers. If you show up with a downloadable cape for $5 I think I'd check your chair very close next time you sit down...

(I was going to say check your car next time you go to start it but that seemed a little too sinister)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Deluxe Edition Beta Underway
2. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Deluxe Edition Beta Underway Aug 31, 2011, 00:04 Tumbler

Tumbler is sad because he bought to simple plain not special in any way version.  

News Comments > Fifth Deus Ex: Human Revolution Clue [Updated]
25. Re: Fifth Deus Ex: Human Revolution Clue Aug 30, 2011, 17:55 Tumbler

J/u/s/t /p/o/s/t /t/h/e/d/a/m/n /D/L/C/a/n/d/q/u/i/t /f/u/c/k/i/n/g/a/r/o/u/n/d/.

Seriously.

News Comments > More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues
4. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 12:36 Tumbler

If this ends up being some insignificant announcement, people aren't going to be happy.

At this point they better be adding an entire new hub to the game with at least 6 hours of gameplay. And dinosaurs.

News Comments > More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues
1. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 Tumbler

Was this supposed to be fun? Just tell us the stupid announcement, this is just pissing me off at this point.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2011, 12:34.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
35. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 29, 2011, 21:08 Tumbler

I'd like this to be a location in game to find something. I think that would be awesome to push a small update that drops a special weapon or something into a random trash can or dumpster or something. Maybe just a cosmetic change like glowing ARM blades for takedowns, or a pistol that is painted up that a player might want to keep for the whole game.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2011, 21:19.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
150. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 18:10 Tumbler

okM8-+Ds4Dui?lMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.l6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

The I6= thing makes it look like a webpage...

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 17:36 Tumbler

Got to agree with these comments. Also btw, you do know that you can turn off the auto pausing for the combat right? I turned it off and had a much better time playing the game and it was a lot more fun without the constant pausing.

The combat reminds me of Warhammer Online, I'm not sure why anyone is comparing the combat to Kotor. They have a similar theme but the mechanics aren't even close. I haven't played a lot of WoW so that might be exactly what Warhammer Online is as well.

20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 15:58 Tumbler

Uhm... wrong. The Clone Troopers and the Troopers during 4-6 are completely different, they are no longer clones at that point... But anyway.

The clone troopers are fighting for the republic as well. The Droids supported the Empire. It's a little weird that the droid army is cast aside in favor of storm troopers that are apprently human... Maybe after the war they took over the cloning planet and created all the storm troopers there?

Anyone familiar with that change and how it came to be?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
11. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 15:55 Tumbler

I'm confused. How is the CoD Elite subscription / plan thingy going to work with steam? I'm expecting the extra maps to be exclusive to that membership so does steam get a cut of that or no...?

I'm guessing steam has more to lose by not offering this game than Activision does so maybe they are bending the rules for these guys?

Surprised to see this using steamworks. Was expecting them to launch some sort of CoD service like Battle.net.

News Comments > Hard Reset Date, Preorders, Specs
5. Re: Hard Reset Date, Preorders, Specs Aug 29, 2011, 13:52 Tumbler

I hear good things about this game but looking at the gameplay doesn't not make me want to spend $30 on this...

I believe they've said they wanted to focus on a great SP experience with this game so they didn't make any MP side of this. When I watch the gameplay clips the first thing that comes to mind though is how much fun MP could be...just seems odd they exclude the MP side of the game when that is what this game should be in the first place.(just my opinion)

And I can't shake the feeling that it feels like ...Time something... *researching*, Timeshift. Ugh, it reminds me of Timeshift and that is not good.

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 13:18 Tumbler

That clip of PvP was interesting for a few min but ultimately felt like it'd become boring very quickly. You start in some sort of orbiting ship, jump on a speeder bike which you fly down to the action. Well after a few deaths you realize that is nothing but a fancy spawn system. Why can't you drive that yourself?

Then when you're on the ground you can capture points or fight. Why can't you get on those turbo lasers and fire them at the ships? The combat looked ok, the first few engagements were exciting then it started feeling routine. This is typical for MMO's because they rarely involve the reactive events you see in an action game like this. When you're a lightsaber wiedling jedi in Force Unleashed stuff is happening to the enemy in combat all the time, they're being throw around, knocked back, knocked down. But here it's more or less just recording damage.

The whole experience feels to linear. Where are the tie fighter pilots doing straffing runs? Where are the gun stations aboard those cruisers firing down onto the ground targets? Where are the speeder bikes racing around the field getting shot up by gun emplacements? Where are the security doors that one side it trying to break into ala Return of the Jedi.

Simply put, where are the Epic battles that make Star Wars unique? It feels like this little 4v4 or 5v5 melee combat stuff is the whole game. That is not star wars. Star Wars is space battles mixed with ground battles with melee combat all rolled into one. If melee isn't working I want to jump on a speeder and go try and run fools down. If speeders are getting knocked out I want to jump into a fighter and go straff gun emplacements. If fighters are getting shot up I want to go jump on a turbo laser in the cruiser and shoot the AA emplacements up. If everyone is on the turbo lasers I want to come out as a trooper and fire emp missles into the ship to disable them.

News Comments > Borderlands Adding Steam Cloud, Borderlands 2 Interviews
10. Re: Borderlands Adding Steam Cloud, Borderlands 2 Interviews Aug 29, 2011, 12:50 Tumbler

Borderlands Marketing up to this point has been pretty pathetic... I know we haven't seen much of anything yet but the little bits that have come out don't make this look like much more than more borderlands.

There was a leaked video clip of someone playing the game and the game looks all too familiar. I guess I'd like to see the gunplay expanded a lot more. Throwing the gun seems like stupid thing in the first place but them bragging about it like it's a huge innovation seems arrogant.

I was hoping there would be more strategy in where you shoot the enemies. Like if you shoot them in the legs they stumble, if you blast away at their arm then that arm needs to become disabled, or detached! If you should someone with a rocket they should be knocked back or down and have their weapons fly out of their hands. And don't make it consistent, make it random so I can go into a firefight and blast some guy in the face with a shotgun which sends his body flying into another enemy knocking him down then I can fire a rocket on the ground launching them into the air, ON FIRE, then the entire area will see that and come running and I can start blowing up bridges and walk ways and just laying waste to EVERYTHING.

Make the environments react to what is happening!

I have to assume Gearbox is going to put the minimum amount of work into this game based on what I'm seeing/hearing from them lately... This game is going into media blackout mode for me. That worked amazingly well with Deus Ex so I'm trying it here too!

News Comments > Borderlands Adding Steam Cloud, Borderlands 2 Interviews
1. Re: Borderlands Adding Steam Cloud, Borderlands 2 Interviews Aug 29, 2011, 09:49 Tumbler

So they are adding the ability to save games through steam? Odd thing to do at this point. I would assume they are planning to use these savegame files in the sequel somehow. Maybe it's just data gathering stuff.  

103. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 09:42 Tumbler

qp24.99
But I am afraid to use the service....

http://www.ecrater.com/p/12166676/deus-ex-human-revolution-with-activation
Yeah that looks odd. Says he's in Thialand which reminds me of that CoD issue when steam started revoking keys because they were from other regions.

Plus he says "Play On Steam: This product is active on the steam"

Maybe that is bad english, maybe he is telling you the product is already active?

I'm still very tempted...

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 15:25 Tumbler

I love this game. Rented it on Redbox to try it and I can't wait to get a copy now.

The moment that did it for me was an early side mission. At one point you had to go talk to 2 guys and it looked like I needed to talk my way through some problems. I hadn't tried killing anyone yet with the melee take downs so I figured these two were a good place to start. Walked up behind the first, Bam, Dead, 2nd guy starts freaking out and drawing his gun, Grab, Dead. I'm a bad ass. Mission Complete. Moving on!

I'm loving the stealth gameplay elements. I hack everything. Exploring the world is so much fun. And it's hardish to find things. You can't just look at the map and see a store that sells weapons and augs and such. You have to go look around. I must have spent 10 min walking around that 2nd area (trying not to use spoilers) trying to fine a limb clinic. There were signs posted all over but everything seemed blocked off. Felt like being lost in a big city. I gave up and worked on some missions and ended up at the limb clinic later.

I hear the boss fights tend to force you into just gunplay battles and nothing else matters. I hope they fix that so that you can use stealth tactics against them as well. Would be nice if the Monday thing is a patch to address issues like this.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade-Ins
33. Re: Valve on Steam Trade-Ins Aug 27, 2011, 16:28 Tumbler

It'd be interesting to see Steam offer users the ability to trade vs sell or buy. So if I want to buy Battlefield Bad Company 2 for the pc then I go look at who wants to trade that and if I have what he/she wants then the licenses simply transfer between our accounts. Maybe a $1 fee or something.

Or if the stuff they want is stuff I have to buy it simply charges my card for the games I need to complete that trade.

This could be a great two way street for everyone, people are going to buy your game in order to trade it to others for something they have. And older games would become almost worthless very quick. IE no one is going to trade for Borderlands GOTY when it's been on sale for $7.50.

You could limit the number of trades if necessary so that there wouldn't be this huge question mark as far as how good/bad this will be.

At very least the people paying $50-$60 for new games should have this ability one time. Paying full price at launch is kind of ridiculous. If that came with the ability to trade it one time that would make that price easier to stomach. If they implemented a one time trade on certain purchases I think they should be able to list them for sale and pay a fee to steam for the transfer. Steam can work out what, if any, dollars go back to the devs. The devs have been paid in my book, they dont deserve a penny but they control how the content is sold into steam in the first place so I guess they need to be included.

News Comments > Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Announced
8. Re: Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Announced Aug 26, 2011, 14:07 Tumbler

Wouldn't it be better to build a gaming laptop that has a built in heat protector pad similar to a lap desk that made using a mouse a lot easier? That seems to be the hardest thing about a gaming laptop is finding a way to use it with a mouse on your lap. They're hot, they're really @#$@#$% hot. That whole area with the screen and buttons on the right, make that a blank surface that flips out to form a large useable surface for a mouse. Ideally you'd have a wireless mouse built in as well that you can detach and use.  

News Comments > First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives
21. Re: First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives Aug 26, 2011, 13:02 Tumbler

But how are The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, Lair of the Shadowbroker, and Old World Blues, to name but a few, ripoffs? They're awesome, meaty DLC that give a good story, extend the game world with new areas, new items, etc.

I think your missing the forest while looking at the trees. The Secret Armory of G. Knoxx is 1/4 DLC's offered. The lair of the Shadow Broker is 1/5? Old World Blues is 1/5? (guessing)

If you consider buying all those and only one feels like a good deal worth mentioning I think something is wrong. I love DLC that is a good value for your dollar but DLC in general is a horrible product. Looking forward to it as a general rule doesn't make sense to me. It's guilty until proven innocent I'm afraid.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
13. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 12:54 Tumbler

Interesting point (for me)... I have never before considered pre-ordering a 4 pack, but there it is... : )

Hmm, if you want someone to split the cost of that 4 pack I'd be interested. Once it goes on sale hopefully the price will end up being $15 bucks per person. (or less!)

6185 Comments. 310 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo