Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6115 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > "New and Improved" The Witcher 2 Version 2.0 Plans
13. Re: Aug 15, 2011, 22:32 Tumbler

I'm surprised I haven't seen more copies trade on goozex. I've had my hands open for this game since launch and it's trade an amazing 3 times since May 28. Considering the removed the drm at launch I'd say it's safe to trade it and despite that no one is giving it up.

At this rate I'm going to end up buying a copy... Trade those games ppl!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A
14. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A Aug 15, 2011, 16:10 Tumbler

Watching this video clip sold me on this game.

http://youtu.be/wkk3SiywLHI

Looks like an amazing game. This looks a feels more like the BF3 I was hoping to get. Can't wait to play.

Green Man Gaming has this on sale as well, $33.99 instead of $35 on steam, plus they have the dig deluxe. They've had sales a lot in the past few weeks so keep an eye out there for even lower prices on this game. I paid $27.14, pretty happy about that!

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
13. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 16:00 Tumbler

Wow, you are judging the game's worth before it's been played by anyone? Then again, no game is worth more than a buck or two to you, so I'm not sure why I should be surprised.

It's been played by many people. Giant Bomb has a Quick Look that I thought did a great job showing this game off. (I tried linking it with the URL tag...)

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-warhammer-40000-space-marine/17-4640/

Everyone has to judge a game value prior to playing it. That is how the system works 99% of the time. Very few game companies offer a free trial. Even this demo is probably not going to show off everything you'd need to make a solid decision.

Based on what I've seen this game is worth $5-$10 for me. If it's worth $25 to someone else fantastic. If it's worth $50 to people then launch should go very well for relic. I am hopeful that the MP will be much more fun that I realize and that the campaign will be satisfying but I have to play defense on all the games I buy because so many game companies are out to screw me out of my dollars.

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
7. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 13:25 Tumbler

I'm angry that my Amazon pre-purchase doesn't get this benefit but when I think about how much money people are spending on steam to get this game I feel some sympathy to those poor souls.

I'm paying $31.99 after all my discounts are applied and I'm going to be able to trade it in when I'm done playing it and likely have spent little to nothing to play this game.

PC gamers buying on steam are spending.....$49.99!? No pre-purchase discount of 10%!? Wow. $50 to play this game hunh...you guys have are way more charitable than I. If it cost me $50 to play this game there is no way in hell I'd be playing this game.

News Comments > No TrackMania 2 Boxed or Steam Release (Yet); Media Blowout
33. Re: No TrackMania 2 Boxed or Steam Release (Yet); Media Blowout Aug 15, 2011, 08:19 Tumbler

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 03:50:
I fail to see what steam has to do with user-driven content, steam is a store for games, user driven content can be done via in-game stuff after purchase on steam.

Steam is a platform for pc games. Any content that needs to be delivered to the user has to go through steam. Just like xbox 360 and ps3. Although I guess they ignore these rules for f2p mmo's?

And I know I bought eve online from steam and that needs to be able to update outside of steam. I guess they could simply deliver base files and have the game update outside of steam...

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2011, 08:28.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
20. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 15:12 Tumbler

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 13:35:
It's funny looking at their best-selling game franchises they've "created", and seeing how many that Valve actually did themselves. So, uh, Half-Life. Pretty much the entire rest of the list is other teams making/developing games, and Valve hiring them. I mean, it's nice the Valve can recognize talent, but you'd think they'd be able to come up with something original on their own.

...this makes that whole outrage over EA and origin even more bizarre. EA / Origin is so similar to Valve / Steam that they might as well be twins. I have the same issues with both but people screaming that it's not fair to exclude steam make no sense when that is exactly what valve has been doing all along with their content. Ea is going to sell their games through every retailer possible but everything will connect to origin. Valve will sell through every retailer possible but everything will connect to steam.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's either ok for both or not ok for either.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
4. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 13:23 Tumbler

Ah!? I knew it!! That last news item posted was shotty journalism! Speculating on a new game before the company announces it is really shady! (S)

Hehe, but seriously,  this will be interesting. I've always thought of CoD MW as Super CS. Takes a lot of the features people loved in that game and builds from there.

I'd love to see Valve do this in reverse and use the things people like about CoD MW and build from there.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive?
3. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive? Aug 12, 2011, 12:54 Tumbler

This will be interesting. I've always thought of CoD MW as Super CS. Takes a lot of the features people loved in that game and builds from there.

I'd love to see Valve do this in reverse and use the things people like about CoD MW and build from there.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed
9. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed Aug 12, 2011, 10:59 Tumbler

I have no idea what Ubisoft is trying to do. It's like they're actively trying to sabotage their PC division. They have draconian DRM, they delay PC releases (to their console counterparts), they refuse to give demos (even though they have them on console). I just...sincerely don't understand, both from a business standpoint or a gaming standpoint.

Too many game companies take their customers for granted. These companies believe they can limit / restrict their software anyway they like and consumers will still come running.

Too many games to play to deal with this kind of company. Assuming they offer a free trial or a 3 day pass via onlive ill prob try it but I don't see this game worth $50 with always on drm.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed Aug 11, 2011, 21:47 Tumbler

I canceled my preorder when the beta only went to steam and ubisoft.com preorders. Curious that this 2nd beta will be offered to everyone who preordered and the release is pushed back... its as if only offering the beta to places that make you pay upfront didn't work out as well as hoped.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
85. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 21:31 Tumbler

I think this is going into my request q on Goozex. I had it pre ordered on the 360 but canceled when they got into the pre order bs. After trying the alpha I'm puzzled what this game will be. Not in a hurry to play at this point.  

News Comments > Uncut Red Orchestra 2 for Australia
5. Re: Uncut Red Orchestra 2 for Australia Aug 11, 2011, 19:39 Tumbler

Brings the price down to $27.16 or $33.96 for deluxe.

Purchased this earlier, $27 gets Tumbler's cheapo seal of approval.

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
5. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 10, 2011, 22:51 Tumbler

Whatever you do, you have to make sacrifices. We sacrifice a cheat-free environment to give players the most options, they are sacrificing options and flexibility for security of the economy like you would in an MMO.

It's like when you buy a hamburger, you could just give your customer a burger wrapped in paper and let them eat it however they like but then people will cheat and eat it the wrong way. They'll take the pickles off, or add ketchup, maybe share it with a friend!? That ruins the experience. It's better to have a robot serve the burger to someone in perfectly portioned bites. Then the customer cannot ruin the experience!

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD
2. Re: DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD Aug 10, 2011, 21:53 Tumbler

Pshh, no demo. Who cares, it's got always on drm so they can let everyone try the game for free and see if they like it before they buy it! This always on drm is an awesome way to protect the consumer! (sarcasm)  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
56. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:44 Tumbler

In the end, it's better for everybody. Imagine picking up a game and it's automatically updated. Or there's something new you didn't know about, and you didn't have to click away. It's all automatically there.

It's not automatically there. The internet does not guarantee connections. The game consumers may buy is only there when both sides have an internet connection and everything in the middle is working properly.

Consumers are connected to the internet a lot. That does not mean we want to be connected directly to you all the time. (developers/publishers) It's offensive to suggest that consumers get anything out of this concession. It's a big hurdle to play the game that we have little control over. Your servers are offline? Oh well, I'm screwed. You are at capacity on your end? Oh well, I'm screwed. Spike in traffic for the next few days because something new came out...oh well deal with it, lag is part of the game now.

The value of your product goes way way down if I'm this limited in how I can play the game I purchased. If the online side of this game will be so much better then make both available and the players will decide. Disabling the SP side altogether does not speak well of your confidence in the online version of the game.

I never played Diablo or Diablo 2 online. Everything I did was offline. You should have called this Diablo Online and you would probably not have as many disappointed fans. This isn't diablo 3. This is diablo online.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
13. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 11:15 Tumbler

I'm a big proponent of always connected. I'm always connected. Our fans are always connected. There will be a few people who will resent the fact you have to be online to play a single-player game. But it'll change.

You are always connected to the internet. We are always connected to the internet. We are not always connected to you and we don't want to be.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 18:58 Tumbler

nike23osu wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 18:52:
30% for doing "nothing"? Promoting the game and providing the bandwidth as well as making the game compatible on steam plus patches. Id say their "fee" is about right. EA wont see a dime from me, as a PC owner we have been shafted by EA one to many times and no steam seals the deal.

How about EA sells the game on steam for 30% more then? Seems fair right? I'd love to see EA offer games on steam at reg. price plus 30% steam fee.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 18:46 Tumbler

The fact of the matter is EA isn't being smart, as usual. They should make people want to use Origin, not feel obligated.

LOL, maybe they could create some games to sell exclusively on that service that ppl want? You guys know any big games that EA is making that ppl really want to play? Once they have a really popular game then people will want to use this service! Let's start a petition to help EA find some games! Maybe valve could suggest something. They were really good at choosing games that made people want to use steam.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer
5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer Aug 9, 2011, 16:40 Tumbler

Hunh...You fight waves of attackers, earn money, spend money upgrading weapons and buying different things (between rounds?) and then try and survive each round so you can buy more stuff.

What are the glowing icons on the screen? Equipment to pick up? Objectives?

Doesn't seem to be much here we haven't seen before. That last 5 seconds shows some sort of weird land mine thingy, I guess that is new.

I hope they've come up with some fun new weapons and such...even the stuff on the armory lists seems like stuff from the past.

First armor that pops up is weapons
Refill Ammo
Model 1887
USAS 12
M16A4
AK-47
ACR 6.8
M60

2nd armory is equipment
Frag
Flash
Claymore
C4
Auto Turret
Auto Grenade launcher (new)
Last stand (perk?)

Air support armory
Predator missle
Delta Squad
Riot Shield Squad

Ah wait, I see what those icons are, those must be the locations you go to get each of the above armories.

There is obviously stuff they are not showing us in the armories but it would be nice if there was a lot of stuff that felt new to play with in the game. As someone said before this seems more like a mod if it's just going to offer the same items we've seen in the past with some new game modes.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
387. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 8, 2011, 15:00 Tumbler

Blizzard sucks, Steam sucks, Battlefield sucks, CoD is awesome, indie games are trash.

Who is this supposed to piss off? Blizzard's decisions as of late have been equally awesome and suckage. The always online crap is what bugs me the most, the gold auction house actually makes me more comfortable buying diablo 3 as I might be able to recoup the cost of buying the game by playing the game. (I've filed this under "too good to be true")

Steam sucks for new releases and is awesome for $5 specials.

I'm beginning to think Battlefield 3 is going to suck...

CoD...meh, for some it's awesome. Sales don't lie. Will be interesting to see what they deliver.

Indies, meh, plenty of them are trash. Not all, but plenty. I don't find myself wanting to spend a lot on them. Bastion got nothing but praise, totally worth $15!, most amazing game I've played this year, buy it buy it! Pshh, not my $15. Drop it to under $10 or it's as good as trash to me.

6115 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo