Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6159 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Xbox Live Restrictions Aug 25, 2011, 14:46 Tumbler

Xbox Live restrictions will not be relaxed until the competition is able to deliver something that Live cannot. So far you're done jack shit with the ps3 link to steam.

PSN is as useless as ever, I hear they are updating home...wonderful.

PSN needs to step up it's game big time if anything is going to change on Live. There is nothing to gain from offering consumers more perks and features in Live. They've already got the preferred service and nothing PSN has done or is planning to do is making that any different.

Where are the PS3 updates for Portal 2 that make owning it on the PS3 version so much better? If that content arrives free on the Ps3 and people have to pay on the 360 that would be a fantastic step for consumers. But something tells me Sony is none to keen about giving away free content either. "You want to give it to them FREE!?!!?? How about Plus members get it free?"

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Square "Respects the Right of GameStop" to Remove OnLive Coupons
19. Re: Square Aug 25, 2011, 12:49 Tumbler

Square had absolutely no choice. They simply cannot choose to make enemies of the #1 retail outlet for their product. Corporations don't belong to one person. They belong to a vast number of people. The person making the decision doesn't have the right to choose to cripple the business for all those people over a principle.

"They could have said this was a misunderstanding, we respect Gamestop's request to sell copies of this game without these codes included and we will get these copies out to them in asap."

Saying they understand them adjusting the contents as they see fit is insane. That's not ok. Not ever. Gamestop wants to be the place people go to buy this game, they know it will bring customers into the store. What they're doing is almost bootlegging, they're creating their own version of this product and advertising it as the real thing. It's just a hair over that line but they're over the line. Can gamestop go and reprint the covers as well so it says, "Gamestop Presents, Deus Ex HR"? Can gamestop remove the manual and replace it with a gamestop version that has their logo's and ads all through it? Can Gamestop stuff coupons into the box for impulse offers and such?

Gamestop can adjust the product as they see fit hunh? You may want to retract that statement.

News Comments > Square "Respects the Right of GameStop" to Remove OnLive Coupons
13. Re: Square Aug 25, 2011, 11:15 Tumbler

Fuck you Square. Fuck anyone that says you can take anything out of a product like this and sell it "new". Removing the contents in any way shape or form at the retail store is despicable. Send the game back or mark it used and sell it at a discount.

How long until gamestop starts pulling steam codes and replacing them with impulse codes?

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
30. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 25, 2011, 10:15 Tumbler

From a business perspective, 1 is bad. They probably figured that taking the codes out would be the better option for both them and consumers

And Consumers? I think consumers would be better served buying the game elsewhere and getting the onlive code with purchase as intended. I don't think selling consumers an incomplete product as new when everyone else has it new and in complete condition is a benefit to them.

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
35. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 17:29 Tumbler

If I was On-Live, I'd be taking some serious advantage of this PR. Offer customers a free months of on-live with proof of a returned copy of Deus Ex to Gamestop.

No kidding, Onlive is getting more press out of this than they ever could have expected if people just used the codes. Onlive has a golden opportunity to get people to try their service if they can somehow confirm who purchased the game at retail and enable their copy of Deus Ex via onlive.

33. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 16:26 Tumbler

Why would it only be in the box for Gamestop? Why not all retail boxes?

An update to this (my comment), I'm reading reddit and seeing people report that the Amazon boxed copy does have this code. So maybe they did put this in all the copies of the game. This makes that purchase on the PC far more interesting for someone like me.

29. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 16:13 Tumbler

Then in the last day or two, some VP somewhere panicked when he heard about it all worried about onlive, and rushed out a company wide memo to all store managers to remove it.

Why would it only be in the box for Gamestop? Why not all retail boxes? I think this was a deal between all three parties that Gamestop was going to advertise as an incentive to buy from them. Maybe something fell through with regard to payment to gamestop, maybe gamestop wanted a fee for each copy sold from Onlive and realized once the codes were in boxes that gamestop was screwed?

Going into these products and removing things is unethical to say the least. This is no different than pulling out DLC codes or figurines, or whatever you wanted. Free USB drive with the game? No way hose, that is an extra $5 and Gamestop. Free Pants for your character for buying new? Not at gamestop, we sell those codes seperately right over here! Free Karkland DLC map with new purchases? Heheh, that is real cute but we don't give things like that away free here at gamestop.

25. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 15:55 Tumbler

I think it's also worth noting that Portal 2 on PS3 came with an online code for a free copy on Steam. I'm pretty sure Gamestop sold that game without issue.  

11. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 14:31 Tumbler

Wow, I'm suddenly glad I didn't buy the augmented edition from them to get the Tong mission.

Oddly enough the Augmented editions of the game do not have this code, it's only the standard pc editions...If they'd advertised this feature ahead of time as exclusive to the augmented edition that would have been smart. I'm tempted to buy this game simply so I can get the onlive code and give the steam code to someone else in trade. I like cheap/free stuff.

Uh Wait, strike that.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/24/get-onlive-with-deus-ex-human-revolution/

So this is exclusive to pc copies at gamestop and gamestop is opening the boxes and removing content? Fuckin PC gaming man. WTF.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2011, 14:37.

9. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 14:29 Tumbler

I don't know why anyone shops here. You can get games for lower prices, with better incentives from a variety of locations. Used sales are popping up everywhere and amazon's system in particular offers a better value without having to speak to these guys or waste your time listening to marketing jargon in their stores.

Even in areas where this is the only option to buy games in person why is it worth it when you can have them shipped to your house and not deal with these guys?

News Comments > Steam From Dust Refunds
33. Re: Steam From Dust Refunds Aug 24, 2011, 14:19 Tumbler

but ultimately DRM is not there to help make more money through inconveniencing legitimate customers.

...yes it is. That is the only thing it does. It only affects legit customers. They don't make any money off pirates so inconveniencing pirates makes no difference. Inconveniencing legit customers is how they make more money.

For example if I go and buy a DVD, watch it and then hand it to my friend to watch it the company that made the DVD doesn't like this. They do not have the freedom to police this kind of thing like software developers do.

Software developers can build systems into their software to watch what you are doing and make the software stop working if you do something they don't like.

So after watching my DVD in my example above if I tried to loan it to my friend he would get an error. Herp has already watched this movie on his DVD player so you're not allowed to watch it on yours. So derp who wants to watch the movie can either be inconvenienced to go watch the movie and Herp's house or go buy another copy so he can watch it on his own movie player.

DRM is all about inconveniencing paying customers because they believe that people will simply pay them rather than dealing with those inconveniences.

The Online Pass system is a perfect example. Your friend bought madden and you'd like to borrow it. The software works when you stick it in your console but certain features don't...which is annoying. But you can pay $10 to not be annoyed...isn't that worth it? This copy of the game is paid for but we're still going to annoy you because you'll probably just pay us...right?

News Comments > Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP
15. Re: Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP Aug 24, 2011, 13:45 Tumbler

Whether you're playing Modern Warfare 3 for the first time, playing Modern Warfare 3 for the first time, playing Modern Warfare 3 for the first time or playing Modern Warfare 3 for the first time, Call of Duty XP is a celebration of one of the greatest games in the world.

Fixed that for you. I think the only reason anyone is going to go to this is to play MW3. Free copies of the game at launch are something as well but you can get those for less than the cost of a ticket...plus credits toward futures purchase. Why not get the real weapons and let people fire them at a shooting range? Have live Hand Grenades that people can throw. You can set it up like a carnival game where everyone gets those BB's guns and shoots up those paper stars...only you'll have an M249 SAW and it will be a fence with a star on it.

You could sell body armor as well, pretty sure people would pay big bucks for that if you had a hall full of CoD players firing live ammo. Think of all the profits!?

Oooo, what about one of those dunk tanks but instead of throwing an apple you get a Sniper rifle and have to fire it from 300 yards away. Think how fun that could be!

You could have a go cart track but everyone would be driving Humvee's!

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2011, 13:51.

18. Re: Steam From Dust Refunds Aug 24, 2011, 12:59 Tumbler

I REALLY want to buy HOMM6, especially after having every HOMM game ever made.

I'd strongly recommend playing the demo. There is a lot of content in that demo which lets you play the game for a long time. It's not what I'm looking for but in the interests of making an informed purchase it's a huge benefit to have that demo available.

It's a monster to download but worth it in my opinion.

14. Re: Steam From Dust Refunds Aug 24, 2011, 12:45 Tumbler

This is my whole issue with these locked / secure software purchases. Not allowing you to resell software makes this kind of thing a problem for paying consumers and it should never be. You buy this game and it turns out to be shit and you never want to play it again for whatever reason you should have options to either get your money back or sell it to someone else. (a least something like a trial period or a partial refund offered in first 24 hours)

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2011, 12:56.

News Comments > APB Reloaded NA Retail Plans
4. Re: APB Reloaded NA Retail Plans Aug 24, 2011, 01:13 Tumbler

...wow. I hope they are planning to offer a free version online at the same time this comes out. Otherwise this is going to fail miserably. Again.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 16:50 Tumbler

Did you read the story? The retail version includes OnLive access.

Ooooo, go buy the boxed versions!

https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive/status/106065819099873281/photo/1/large

You should be able to sell/trade that code as it looks to be a seperate unique code for Onlive! (you might even be able to offer it on my beloved Goozex! I'm checking on that)

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 13:18 Tumbler

Correction, I won't be playing it via onlive because they do not allow you to try the game. Only option is a full play pass. Maybe in a few days I guess. Or I could go spend a HUGE $2 on redbox and play it today...meh, tommorrow sounds better.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 13:05 Tumbler

Onlive? Oooo, I'm going to play that when I get home! NO! Wait, I can play it right here at work!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews
13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 15:37 Tumbler

10 hours, 29 minutes, 38 seconds... 37... 36... 35... 34...

Creston

You should record a "Let's Play" youtube thingy when this game unlocks! While I'm not as excited to play this game, watching someone else play sounds like a lot of fun.

I need to find a good Let's Play of Amnesia, start to finish. I have the game but really don't want to play it. I'd love to see the game though.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews
1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 14:31 Tumbler

Wow, Metacritic score of 90 for the 360 version. 89 for the PC. I was expecting 85's or so. Although these are all reviews prior to launch so the only way they got these games is because the publisher wanted them to have them...

I hope the people buying this at launch are happy with it. I'm waiting for a used copy to turn up.

6159 Comments. 308 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo