Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6124 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced
15. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 13:50 Tumbler

Hmm...

I hope you're making a movie...because that part looked awesome. The rest...maybe it's F2P?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support
11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 13:32 Tumbler

Meh, I have the 360 and PS3 version set to come in from goozex. I think that is going to satisfy my needs as far as this game is concerned. I would be curious to try it on the PC but after buying CoD4 on a steam sale and finding it had no gamepad support I won't be spending money on this one to try it.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 16, 2011, 19:54 Tumbler

Well now, those are some sweet ass looking Ultramarines. This is what I wanted them to do with the Dark Angels. Do Space Wolves next. Or maybe a chaos army. This kind of unique look to the armies is what I want to see more of.

Dang those termies look nice.

Now go one step further and tweak the stats so the space wolves and ultramarine's play as they should. And give me my Blood Angels for Emperors sake. Give me Death Company.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Trailer
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 16:27 Tumbler

I'm confused how a wheel rim is going to supply bullets to that gun...but omg it would be fucking awesome if that thing started spinning while you were shooting! They spinnin! They spinnin!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 16, 2011, 16:15 Tumbler

Playing games on phones sucks. Vita is not a phone, therefore it has a chance to not suck. Comparing 3DS to Vita is stupid, because 3DS is based on a gimmick and not on gameplay. Ooooh, 3d cardboard cutout headache inducing nonsense, let me pay $250 for the right to play a Mario and Zelda remake on that please!

The PSV and 3DS are both going down in flames unless they start offering less expensive software. You can charge $100 for either one of them and if you're still going to ask $40 to play a game you're out of your mind. The problem is not that people expect everything to cost $1, the problem is that people have so many more options now that the real value of each game, 3DS / Vita / iOS is easy to judge. Most iOS games are probably worth only $1...but most 3DS and Vita games will not be worth $40.

Drop the prices. And that alone will probably not be enough. Not having an "app store" that anyone can design and publish on is a big negative. They may not be filled with outstanding software titles but when a million apps are on there the top 100 are pretty damn awesome.

And the PS3 just dropped to $249...if they ship the PSV at the same price I think they're going to hurt themselves as well. They would be wise to drop it to $199 at least. You don't want ppl looking at what they get for $250 in the ps3 and $250 in the Vita.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
11. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 13:58 Tumbler

Nice, loved this game. The game was insanely hard in parts but that may have just been me not understanding what I needed to do. I recall one mission that made me quit. I think I was assaulting a huge base with a shield up. I needed to drop the shield and was supposed to use special anti shield weapons or something but there was a fleet of ship inside the shield blowing the hell out of me.

Don't remember how many times I tried that mission, at one point I was trying to use a cheat to make me invulnerable...still couldn't pass that mission. (couldn't get cheat to work properly I guess...) I hope the experience will be better on this one because I loved the game up to that point, very challenging, lots of fun, but lets not have anymore missions like that.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
25. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 13:50 Tumbler

If you don't want to play that sort of map you could easily filter for only 64 player conquest maps (control point), and get maps like the one in this video. As for server map rotation, that's set by whoever is running the server, but no one is going to switch between 32 and 64 player maps.

Was custom map rotations a feature in BFBC2? I never played it on the PC but with the 360 I don't believe you had any control over the rotation. You could search for servers running a specific map but once that round ended it was off to whatever other map was up.

I know BF2 offered this level of control, I just don't know about this new version.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 13:00 Tumbler

Looks awesome. But WTF was that alpha? Now I'm worried about the server map order, are most of the maps like the alpha map? Or are they like this? This type of map is the only thing I want to play on. Please tell me the map order is something set by the server.  

News Comments > World of Battleships Announced
1. Re: World of Battleships Announced Aug 16, 2011, 10:53 Tumbler

Ooo sounds interesting, but where is world of mechs? I want to build and upgrade walking tanks!  

News Comments > "New and Improved" The Witcher 2 Version 2.0 Plans
13. Re: Aug 15, 2011, 22:32 Tumbler

I'm surprised I haven't seen more copies trade on goozex. I've had my hands open for this game since launch and it's trade an amazing 3 times since May 28. Considering the removed the drm at launch I'd say it's safe to trade it and despite that no one is giving it up.

At this rate I'm going to end up buying a copy... Trade those games ppl!

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A
14. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A Aug 15, 2011, 16:10 Tumbler

Watching this video clip sold me on this game.

http://youtu.be/wkk3SiywLHI

Looks like an amazing game. This looks a feels more like the BF3 I was hoping to get. Can't wait to play.

Green Man Gaming has this on sale as well, $33.99 instead of $35 on steam, plus they have the dig deluxe. They've had sales a lot in the past few weeks so keep an eye out there for even lower prices on this game. I paid $27.14, pretty happy about that!

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
13. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 16:00 Tumbler

Wow, you are judging the game's worth before it's been played by anyone? Then again, no game is worth more than a buck or two to you, so I'm not sure why I should be surprised.

It's been played by many people. Giant Bomb has a Quick Look that I thought did a great job showing this game off. (I tried linking it with the URL tag...)

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-warhammer-40000-space-marine/17-4640/

Everyone has to judge a game value prior to playing it. That is how the system works 99% of the time. Very few game companies offer a free trial. Even this demo is probably not going to show off everything you'd need to make a solid decision.

Based on what I've seen this game is worth $5-$10 for me. If it's worth $25 to someone else fantastic. If it's worth $50 to people then launch should go very well for relic. I am hopeful that the MP will be much more fun that I realize and that the campaign will be satisfying but I have to play defense on all the games I buy because so many game companies are out to screw me out of my dollars.

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
7. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 13:25 Tumbler

I'm angry that my Amazon pre-purchase doesn't get this benefit but when I think about how much money people are spending on steam to get this game I feel some sympathy to those poor souls.

I'm paying $31.99 after all my discounts are applied and I'm going to be able to trade it in when I'm done playing it and likely have spent little to nothing to play this game.

PC gamers buying on steam are spending.....$49.99!? No pre-purchase discount of 10%!? Wow. $50 to play this game hunh...you guys have are way more charitable than I. If it cost me $50 to play this game there is no way in hell I'd be playing this game.

News Comments > No TrackMania 2 Boxed or Steam Release (Yet); Media Blowout
33. Re: No TrackMania 2 Boxed or Steam Release (Yet); Media Blowout Aug 15, 2011, 08:19 Tumbler

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 03:50:
I fail to see what steam has to do with user-driven content, steam is a store for games, user driven content can be done via in-game stuff after purchase on steam.

Steam is a platform for pc games. Any content that needs to be delivered to the user has to go through steam. Just like xbox 360 and ps3. Although I guess they ignore these rules for f2p mmo's?

And I know I bought eve online from steam and that needs to be able to update outside of steam. I guess they could simply deliver base files and have the game update outside of steam...

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2011, 08:28.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
20. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 15:12 Tumbler

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 13:35:
It's funny looking at their best-selling game franchises they've "created", and seeing how many that Valve actually did themselves. So, uh, Half-Life. Pretty much the entire rest of the list is other teams making/developing games, and Valve hiring them. I mean, it's nice the Valve can recognize talent, but you'd think they'd be able to come up with something original on their own.

...this makes that whole outrage over EA and origin even more bizarre. EA / Origin is so similar to Valve / Steam that they might as well be twins. I have the same issues with both but people screaming that it's not fair to exclude steam make no sense when that is exactly what valve has been doing all along with their content. Ea is going to sell their games through every retailer possible but everything will connect to origin. Valve will sell through every retailer possible but everything will connect to steam.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's either ok for both or not ok for either.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
4. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 13:23 Tumbler

Ah!? I knew it!! That last news item posted was shotty journalism! Speculating on a new game before the company announces it is really shady! (S)

Hehe, but seriously,  this will be interesting. I've always thought of CoD MW as Super CS. Takes a lot of the features people loved in that game and builds from there.

I'd love to see Valve do this in reverse and use the things people like about CoD MW and build from there.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive?
3. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive? Aug 12, 2011, 12:54 Tumbler

This will be interesting. I've always thought of CoD MW as Super CS. Takes a lot of the features people loved in that game and builds from there.

I'd love to see Valve do this in reverse and use the things people like about CoD MW and build from there.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed
9. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed Aug 12, 2011, 10:59 Tumbler

I have no idea what Ubisoft is trying to do. It's like they're actively trying to sabotage their PC division. They have draconian DRM, they delay PC releases (to their console counterparts), they refuse to give demos (even though they have them on console). I just...sincerely don't understand, both from a business standpoint or a gaming standpoint.

Too many game companies take their customers for granted. These companies believe they can limit / restrict their software anyway they like and consumers will still come running.

Too many games to play to deal with this kind of company. Assuming they offer a free trial or a 3 day pass via onlive ill prob try it but I don't see this game worth $50 with always on drm.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed Aug 11, 2011, 21:47 Tumbler

I canceled my preorder when the beta only went to steam and ubisoft.com preorders. Curious that this 2nd beta will be offered to everyone who preordered and the release is pushed back... its as if only offering the beta to places that make you pay upfront didn't work out as well as hoped.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
85. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 21:31 Tumbler

I think this is going into my request q on Goozex. I had it pre ordered on the 360 but canceled when they got into the pre order bs. After trying the alpha I'm puzzled what this game will be. Not in a hurry to play at this point.  

6124 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo