Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6094 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Delayed
5. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Delayed Aug 8, 2011, 12:38 Tumbler

Would prefer sooner rather than later but this isn't that big a deal. Got this one pre-ordered on amazon and it's looking like I'll have to change that to pre-purchase on steam assuming nothing changes between now and then. (IE game starts looking like crap)

$35.99 is the lowest price available I believe. (on steam) Anyone found something lower.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Details
7. Re: Borderlands 2 Details Aug 8, 2011, 12:28 Tumbler

Gearbox have also decided to scrap all of the weapons from Borderlands 1. The randomly generated guns of the first game gave rise to thousands of mad scope/ammo/manufacturer combinations.

Random weapon combination's led to some very bizarre gameplay experiences. I thought this was one of the best features of the game. I loved picking up these weapons and wondering what retard put a scope on this shotgun, or who though it was a great idea to make this awesome elephant rifle that fucks shit up but have no scope on it? The weapons fit with the theme. In this wasteland where everyone is scavenging for resources you won't find a perfectly built weapon.

News Comments > Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
24. Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 6, 2011, 16:03 Tumbler

I read elsewhere - and it seems a logical argument - that what they are doing with this lawsuit is protecting their own use of the word "Scrolls". Should Notch have a game called that, he could theoretically sue to stop other games from having the word "Scrolls" in them. Not really far-fetched, as there have been such reverse lawsuits in the past.

Not offering this as an excuse, but simply an indication they might have a semi-legitimate worry.

This kind of thing had crossed my mind. I was thinking this was more along the lines of Bethesda and Zenimax may want to make a game called scrolls in the future and when this came up they realized they would have to name their game something else.

Whatever condition makes this kind of thing necessary (assuming that is the case) needs to be changed. Someone should be able to make "scrolls" and "the elder scrolls: skyrim" without affecting each other in the least.

News Comments > New OpenDUNE
1. Re: New OpenDUNE Aug 5, 2011, 12:25 Tumbler

I believe you need the Dune 2 files to use this? Reading through the notes it appears this is designed to be merged with the original dune 2 files...? Guess someone is going to finally say "I told you so" when they pull this classic off that gaming shelf that everyone told you was silly to keep after all these years...

Hmm I wonder if steam sells this...nope. Gog! Nope. Amazon sells some old copies...hmm, maybe they'll add it to GoG.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Starter Edition Replaces Demo
25. Re: StarCraft II: Starter Edition Replaces Demo Aug 4, 2011, 22:47 Tumbler

Update regarding replays, newer replays are working. I believe it's game version 1.3.6 and above. The majority of replays won't work in the Starter edition. Going forward I guess that will change as the uploaded replays start reflecting the newest versions of hte game. I'm so confused how ppl are uploading replays today that are version way below what appears to be current.  

12. Re: StarCraft II: Starter Edition Replaces Demo Aug 4, 2011, 09:42 Tumbler

Finally, downloaded the installer, installed, updated, that took a long long time.

Launching, looking for replays..., replays.... click click....click.... hmm there are no replays in the online interface? WTF Blizzard?

Ok, not so bad I guess, be easy to find replays on websites. Found some, downloading... now just gotta get them into the right folder...and done!

Ok now lets watch some replays.

"The version of starcraft II required to play this game is not supported by starcraft II starter edition."

FUCK. YOU. BLIZZARD.

5. Re: StarCraft II: Starter Edition Replaces Demo Aug 3, 2011, 23:00 Tumbler

Q. Can I watch replays using the Starter Edition?

A. Yes! Starter Edition players can watch any replay.

Oh fuck yeah. Hopefully there will be a ton of replays to watch.

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Attendees Get MW3 Hardened Edition
4. Re: Call of Duty XP Attendees Get MW3 Hardened Edition Aug 3, 2011, 22:51 Tumbler

That is a surprisingly good deal assuming you get a physical product in hand at launch. Not sure what the redemption code ends up getting you or where you redeem it but now I kind of want to go to this thing just get the "free" game.

Wasn't willing to even buy this at launch a few minutes ago, now that I can get a free copy I suddenly want to spend $150. That is some weird shit.

3. Re: StarCraft II: Starter Edition Replaces Demo Aug 3, 2011, 22:36 Tumbler

Hmm, will have to try this. I wanted to add another icon to my Quick Launch game services bar. Battle.net seems to be a good fit.

Steam / Origin / Impulse / B.net / Onlive

I'm hoping I can watch games. I'm surprised they don't sell that feature alone for a fee. Seems that there is plenty of stuff to watch and streaming video feeds doesn't give you any control. Seems like a perfect little $10 product to be able to go in and watch replays of top players and tournaments and such. I'll pay a couple bucks but I'm not paying full price if I only want to watch replays.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2011 Virtual Tickets on Sale
5. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Virtual Tickets on Sale Aug 3, 2011, 12:14 Tumbler

Make sure you bring your smartphones and check coverage before attending. A constant internet connection will be required at all times at Blizzcon.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announced
15. Re: Borderlands 2 Announced Aug 3, 2011, 12:11 Tumbler

First game was awesome at $7.50 for everything!

Should be interesting to see what Borderlands 2 is like. Don't feel like reading game informer so I'll just wait for some gameplay footage.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:39 Tumbler

I've never had a problem with Amazon's release day delivery. Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime?

Ditto. They have gotten it to me on release every time.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:07 Tumbler

Been playing the alpha, great fun and runs on my laptop smoothly.
...what are the specs of your laptop...

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Pre-Purchase Discounts & Bonuses
10. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Pre-Purchase Discounts & Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 18:09 Tumbler

Hmm, looks like I'll be canceling my amazon pre-order...$35.99...jeez, gonna be hard to not pay for a pre-purchase at that price...  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon?
48. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:48 Tumbler

Borderlands 2 would be very cool.

Still playing through Borderlands. I'm about 30 hours in and Lvl 27 or 28 and I think I hit a wall. The enemies haven't changed much lately so it's feeling a little routine. Still love seeing all the different weapons. I like that so many weapons have something that makes them unique / balanced. I keep picking up sniper rifles with awesome stats but they have a 1.0x zoom scope... Or a shotgon that looks amazing and it's got a scope with 2.8x zoom... I think that is a great way to handicap weapons so they aren't simply better at everything. They throw in weird addon's that get in the way of using them in every way possible. Awesome battle rifle, 12 bullets. @#$@#$@. Awesome SMG, acccuracy is shit.

Can't wait to see what they do with Borderlands 2.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
13. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 23:11 Tumbler

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 22:42:

I'd much rather have a pre-order price drop. 25% would be fine.

Want them to wipe your ass too?

25% off $60 is $15. That would be $45...which is pretty much the standard pre order price for pc games on steam... Not exactly asking a lot...

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
281. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 21:16 Tumbler

This stuff makes me think that roughly 1995-2005 was the golden age of gaming! The tech was less developed but PC and console games were (generally) developed to be as good as they could be. These days publishers have the notion of "for god's sake don't give away too much game for the money" down to a fine art. If you are sitting on a good IP then milk it to the limit: staggered releases / monthly fees / microtransactions / DRM all conspire to push the consumer as far as they will tolerate. There have been many DRM / cash grab protests come and go over the past years and it has taught me: never assume that this current piece of crappy treatment from game companies is as far as they will go. After the precedent is set it is easier to repeat or develop further.

Well said. These are my feelings in a nut shell. It's not about making great games, its about getting more money out of consumers for the least game possible.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
48. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:45 Tumbler

Value of product just plummeted in my book. Not going to pay $50 for something I can't play anytime I want. Hmm, tap tap tap, oh my bad. Not going to pay $60 for something I can't play anytime I want.

A game with these kinds of restrictions is worth maybe $30 at launch to me. $30 if there is nothing else that I want to play and this is just staring me in the face. I don't see an official release date but unless it comes out in the next 2 weeks I think I'm going to have too much to play to be tempted to spend $30, let alone $60, to play this game when I can play so many others without this BS to deal with.

I bought DCS Black Shark Recently for $40 and was VERY HAPPY. Then A10 was on sale on steam for $40. Even though I got it on sale when an activation screen came up and said I had 9 or 10 left it really got my blood boiling. How fucking dare you say that shit to me when I just spent money on your software. You have the fucking balls to say that shit to me... Changed my opinion of those games after that.

I have no patience for being treated like this even on amazing titles such as DCS A10 and black shark. I should have stuck with Black Shark because now I have a bad taste in my mouth from installing A10.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jul 29, 2011, 18:43 Tumbler

Sorry, I meant that in the good cop/bad cop way, not in the moving up and down the Force meter way. Even that's a bit weird, I'm pretty sure it's not lightside to stand idly by while innocents are flushed into space because it's quicker and easier than the alternative.

I thought that was very odd assuming any of those players were light side. I would have expected the mission to split the good guys off from the bad guys and have to pvp if that was going to happen.

That would have been pretty impressive if the good guys were forced to turn on the evil guy if he made that decision.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jul 29, 2011, 18:03 Tumbler

Think a big part of the many problems with game play is the poor physics. The mobs barely ever show much reaction to being hit.

This. The combat looks bizarre when a grenade goes flying across the room and blows up and no one seems to notice. There is a flying "dragon punch" attack at one point that looks odd on it's own, but the guy it hits might as well have been hit by a pebble...he should be flying across the room! The cryo grenade hits someone and shoots frozen ice crystals in all directions...yet nothing happens to the 3 guys standing around him. At one point someone runs right through blaster fire and takes no damage? Lightsabers slash through enemies over and over and nothing happens, they just stand there and keep fighting...

There was one attack that sent someone flying...but it looked like nothing, a puff from a jet pack and WHOOSH! flying across the room.

It's like the combat is just for effect and all that is really happening is health numbers are coming off.

The story side between missions is pretty good, very satisfying. But then you go play the game and there is a lot missing.

6094 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo