Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6271 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Sledgehammer's CoD "Probably" Cancelled
3. Re: Sledgehammer's CoD "Probably" Cancelled Oct 18, 2011, 14:33 Tumbler

WHAT!? But you can never have enough CALL OF DUTY!!!! NEVER!!!!

That latest trailer, Redemption, didn't do the game any favors in my opinion. The game looked better showing the actual gameplay back in E3. The guys going after the sub and eventually being picked up in the water was pretty impressive but watching that trailer makes the game look considerably worse than what we saw at E3.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2011, 16:31 Tumbler

I watched the Dark Souls 90 min speed run last night and realized a few things that are very important. First I've spend 20 hours in the game and this guy showed me areas in the first 10 min I didn't know about yet. Second, speed is key to success. I've been wearing leather armor which I assumed allowed me to still be very agile but watching him made me realize that you can basically run past most enemies with ease as long as you are wearing the lightest armor.

I tried fighting the giant wolf maybe 6 times and kept dieing with him still at 50% health. Moved over to the lighter armor, had an easier time running through the forest and beat the wolf in 2 tries. (almost killed him on the first but got cocky and he stabbed the shit out of me) I gave up on trying to fight him up close, a sorcerer is better using a shield and backing away from the wolf while firing soul arrows. Worked like a charm! Can't wait to tear through a few more levels. Also came to realize how important vitality is. I hadn't put anything into that and getting hit is almost always a death sentence. Seeing how much more this guy was able to survive because of more health bar made me drop a lot more souls into that stat and I think the game is going to be a lot more fun between that and the faster movement.

News Comments > DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"
11. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished" Oct 17, 2011, 11:46 Tumbler

Not buying this at launch. Maybe they wanted to make sure only fanboys played it for the first month? If you're willing to buy this at launch I cringe at the turd they'll try and push out next. Maybe they should sell bf4 a few months from now. You don't get anything but a box...I wonder if the folks buying bf3 will pick that up as well.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Map Details
15. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details Oct 14, 2011, 12:21 Tumbler

I'm amazed at the marketing campaign for this game. I didn't think anyone could top the SWTOR nonsense...but then BF3 came along! Woohoo look at that E3 demo, this game is going to kick ass! And so far we've come all the way to canceling my pre-order and not even booting up the demo (beta) after the first night of trying it.

They've got a bit over a week still, I can't wait to see what they have planned! The gamestop ads on the episode of American Horror Story last night (on demand) talking about getting the physical warfare pack when you pre-order from gamestop were a great start! Finish strong DICE/EA! Let's hit this one out of the park. I would have preferred you hit the balls over the grand stands above ground but your idea works 2, once you drive those balls far enough into the ground it will be "out of the park" so I got to give you credit for trying something new!

News Comments > EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount
3. Re: EVE Online Defectors Get Apology Discount Oct 14, 2011, 12:15 Tumbler

The game would be a lot more interesting if that was the normal monthly price. For all the time you spend "playing" the game I'd say $5 is a more reasonable price to ask customers to pay. Maybe limit the equipment/ships you can use at that price if you must, tech 1 stuff only for example.

I think I could justify jumping into the game in a cruiser and frigate and going out to fight for $5 a month. $15 leaves me feeling abused at the end of the month. Thanx for spending 2 hours traveling to a trade hub to sell all the crap you've been collecting for a week. Now give me $15.

No thanx.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details
6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 18:39 Tumbler

As I said to Blue, $15 is pretty ballsy. Better be damn good (and more than 2 hours).

Had I not gotten the game for $29, I might be a bit more miffed by this...

I feel like they've missed the window for me personally. I might have paid $15 a week or two ago but now it looks like too much. I paid $35 and enjoyed the hell out of the game but I don't really want to go back and play it. I'll check out a "Let's Play" video instead, hopefully the story will be interesting. If this was free I might be more inclined to give it a shot...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2011, 18:31 Tumbler

Yeah, theaters are just calling attention to this.
I guess they don't want to open the door for an eventual decently priced option, but $60 is absurd. Those rabid enough to pay $60 for something are probably rabid enough to see it 5 times in theaters as well.

And isn't it starting with a Brett Ratner film?

I'd pay $60 to watch plenty of movies at home. I have 2 kids under two so going to the movies is almost impossible. (and we're going to have a third!) I've wanted to pay these kind of prices a lot. Especially around the big summer releases.

I think the movie theaters are simply trying to protect their products being exclusive to them and don't care a bit about anyone who doesn't go into the theaters. There is no price they'd be happy with because they don't get a cut of those dollars. Although if they could make this work by profit sharing I'd be happy.

There is a huge untapped market out there for these big movies. People already download and watch the biggest movies on the internet...why not let some of us do it legally? I'd love to go to the movies in most cases, but it's just not worth all the trouble some nights and staying in and spending $60 would be better than going out and spending double on a babysitter, dinner, parking (?), and snacks/popcorn. (Easily $100)

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die!
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 16:32 Tumbler

I watched a quicklook on giantbomb.com and played the demo on the 360. I like this game, don't have time to play it, but I like it and hope to play it more in the future. Dark Souls Dark Souls Dark Souls.

$15 is my only complaint, I think I'd have bought it at $10...$15 just feels like too much. If there was nothing else to play I'd probably buy it but right now I have rage and gears 3 sitting back seat to dark souls all day long.

Can't get enough of that game. So fucking epic. Exploring the world jut keeps blowing me away. It feels so huge yet it's so small at the same time. Figured I was miles away from the starting point...then ended up reading online for tips because I was stuck. Mentioned an elevator in the church...? Sure enough there it was, took me right back down to the starting of the game, realized that for all the time I've been playing I climbed the mountain right next to where I started. Stumbled upon another elevator near the beginning that takes you down to a massive fortress. It looks like it's under ground because it's so dark but I think it's just the bottom of a deep chasm...and it's awesome!

I'm hooked. I think this game is a better RP than skyrim will be. The sense of accomplishment moving through the world is more satisfying than any game I can remember. One day I'll kill that dragon, and that will be an AWESOME day!

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2011, 16:41.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Oct 11, 2011, 14:08 Tumbler

I'm surprised this isn't free. I don't understand why you'd expect anyone who owns this game to pay you any more money for it. Ignoring the enormous amount of content coming out right now you have got to see that the public was disappointed by this game...yet you release $10 DLC?

If you wanted to burn this franchise to the ground then excellent job... Good luck selling another Duke Nukem game.

News Comments > More on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer
10. Re: More on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Oct 11, 2011, 00:49 Tumbler

Well it isn't designed for the Wii.

Dammit! Came here to say the same thing!

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed
19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 11:27 Tumbler

I wish they would make this standalone. I can't imagine this feature has gotten additional funding so I'm afraid they are just cutting back on the SP side.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 9, 2011, 17:50 Tumbler

Dangit, wasn't going to watch this because of the whole firing of the director, but since you put it on Netflix ill watch it. So little time!  

News Comments > "No Firm Decision" Yet on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM
6. Re: "No Firm Decision" Yet on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM Oct 9, 2011, 17:46 Tumbler

Too late. Driver mentioned this kind of BS and I couldn't even look at the console versions without feeling insulted.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
28. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 15:14 Tumbler

This is fantastic! Normally I have to read up on games, watch video clips, read message boards, all in an effort to understand more about the game.

But with Always on DRM I understand everything I need to know!

Not buying it! And I don't need to waste anymore time reading/studying info about the game which gives me more free time to read/study the hundreds of other games coming out!

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
25. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 13:25 Tumbler

Will be interesting to see what people have to say about the caspian map. Hopefully there will be some kind words.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Oct 6, 2011, 00:26 Tumbler

Your game was on sale from Gamefly for the same price, $10, about a week ago. And so now you're going to sell DLC for that same price? Balls of Steel.  

News Comments > Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview
6. Re: Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview Oct 4, 2011, 15:34 Tumbler

Good work, Blue. This gets my vote as a returning feature.

Creston

Agreed, I like the simple straight forward layout. No screenshots spammed all over the page, one font, one size, just good easy reading.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
65. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 13:20 Tumbler

Cha-Ching! Just Redbox'd Rage (PS3) and Dark Souls (360) a mile from my house. Will pick those up after work and have them along with Dead Island, Gears 3, Fast Five BR, and Transformers BR (dotm) ready for my all day gaming blitz with children and wife out of the house.

Can't fucking wait! Gotta make a schedule, gotta plan this, got soda chilling in the fridge, time to bust out excel.

News Comments > Notch: Mojang Offered "To Give Up the Trademark" for Scrolls
12. Re: Notch: Mojang Offered "To Give Up the Trademark" for Scrolls Oct 3, 2011, 22:15 Tumbler

This is all very odd. Lets just get this into court and be done with it.  

News Comments > Multiplayer Mass Effect 3?
23. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 16:59 Tumbler

LOL, Stuck with it? Oh no, I'm stuck with a game that I love. Sorry that you hated the game, but there are many people playing it nightly and enjoying it who aren't you. Although I can't possibly fathom playing any shooter on a console that is also available on a PC so we will have to agree to disagree to begin with.

Sounds like a win / win. Not sure where you got hated from, there are plenty of things that game does right but without more content to explore the matches become boring. If Relic adds orks in a dlc pack and maybe the imperial guard and some static defenses and better designed maps the game could be a lot of fun. It feels like they just gave up and shipped this marine vs marine MP game.

Surprise me with DLC relic.

6271 Comments. 314 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo