Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6048 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 21, 2011, 09:54 Tumbler

I'm more interested in the games for the Wii U. Will 3rd party publishers that put out games on the PS3 and 360 be adding the wii U to that list?

If so then I'm hopeful they'll have something interesting. The controller looks like it can provide the dual stick controls we're use to on the ps3/360 and I can think of plenty of little things you can do with that screen in games like Call of Duty. Anything that would have to bring up another screen inside a game could just go down onto that little screen. I'm hopeful they'll be games on this I want to play.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zeboyd's PC Sales Soar
38. Re: Zeboyd's PC Sales Soar Jul 20, 2011, 18:27 Tumbler

Apparently they don't pay shit, when two dollars and ninety nine cents breaks the bank!

It would be nice to finally get my first check... I guess I'll just stare at the screenshots till I can afford it...probably should just browse amazon as that will be less painful...wonder how much a 24" monitor costs, $180 for a Viewsonic LED? Wow look how skinny that is, ok I'll take that! 2 Day shipped! Now I can stare at that $3 game on a bigger screen!

31. Re: Zeboyd's PC Sales Soar Jul 20, 2011, 17:24 Tumbler

And the game we're talking here is $2.99.

Yes, and I'm not willing to spend a penny to try it...unlike some other games where I'm happy to pay $4 to try it. Plenty of games on steam were dirt cheap during the sale, I only picked up a few that I felt were worth trying at that price. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's going to be worth it for everyone.

28. Re: Zeboyd's PC Sales Soar Jul 20, 2011, 17:02 Tumbler

Yeah I'm not sure I'd be bragging about playing Portal 2 on three different platforms if it was me. I don't get how a list of games you played is supposed to impress anyone either. I've played X games for Y dollars too, whoa someone call the Times!

It's possible to try a lot of games without paying a lot of money...that was the general gist. I wish this was possible on steam without spending $50 per unique game, $45 if you preorder.

24. Re: Zeboyd's PC Sales Soar Jul 20, 2011, 16:05 Tumbler

There just isn't a good reason you're a cheap ass, yet here we are.

Since Paying $13.20 on amazon (w/credits) for Portal 2 PS3 I've played:

Portal 2 PS3
Portal 2 PC
Portal 2 360
Mortal Kombat PS3
Socom 4 PS3
Crysis 2 360 (edit, oops forgot this one)
Crysis 2 PS3
Brink 360
LA Noire 360
Red Dead Redemption PS3
Infamous 2 PS3
Transformers Dark of the Moon 360
Child of Eden 360
Mortal Kombat 360
Duke Nukem 360

I do end up paying approx $4 per game after shipping and such. The next game I'll be buying is Warhammer 40k Space Marine which will be costing me a bone shattering $31.99. But don't worry, I'll still be playing EVERYTHING that comes out this holiday season.

I might buy BF3 as well, strong chance of that happening...and I keep telling myself I won't buy SWTOR....but I said the same thing about Dawn of War 2 Retribution...bastards.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC
7. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 13:53 Tumbler

And if by now you aren't convinced it's a worthwhile game after all the reviews plus additional info given here on Blues, then maybe it just isn't your type of game.

It's my type of game, for $20.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC
3. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 12:41 Tumbler

Will be nice when this is on sale for $20 or so. I look forward to trying it. Demo?  

6. Re: Zeboyd's PC Sales Soar Jul 20, 2011, 12:30 Tumbler

I'd never heard of this until it was released on steam and showed up under the special offers section. You need to put your game somewhere that people will see it. It didn't appear under any of the xbox live indie quick search lists. (Top Downloaded, Top Rated, etc.)

Steam definitely has xbox beat on visibility of new releases. The xbox live service focus's on xbox live arcade titles and retail releases heavily and clouds everything else behind that.

And there is no demo on the steam version of the game...I downloaded the trial on the live indie marketplace and I am probably not going to go back and play it...this is one area steam is pathetic in. They have locked down content yet no way to try it in most cases. You can download a separate demo in some cases but you'd need to come back and download the full game after purchasing it if you wanted it.

Live is much smoother in this respect. EVERYTHING has a trial. Interested in that game? Download the whole thing, play the trial, if you want to keep playing you purchase it and you're ready to go. Steam is less friendly and makes you purchase to try in most cases. (my experience, games I would like to try don't often have demo's on steam)

So I hear about your game on steam, can't try it there, have to go download it on xbox live indie...that is some great marketing sir.

There just isn't a good reason why ppl shouldn't be able to try full games on steam. Fuck demo's. Give me the full game and let me play it. Limit me to an hour or a level or something but don't have separate installs for demo's and full games anymore. It's an unnecessary pain in the ass. Bandwidth isn't free? Have users pay for the game, then download and start trial, if they don't like it at the end of trial you click "no thanks, refund" and you keep $1 as a service fee or something.

News Comments > Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans
1. Re: Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans Jul 19, 2011, 21:39 Tumbler

Is there another studio making content for this game or is this just stuff they finished during normal development that was held back to nickle and dime buyers?  

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Sales, No PC Call of Duty Elite Beta?
5. Re: Call of Duty XP Sales, No PC Call of Duty Elite Beta? Jul 19, 2011, 17:04 Tumbler

Good thing they didn't announce no sales on steam...that would have really pissed pc gamers off..  

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
242. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 19, 2011, 16:39 Tumbler

I will note however that no one can explain Crysis 2 disappearing. It's not exactly lighting the sales charts on fire, I'm not sure why it would be pulled which would suggest some form of distribution dispute.

It was pulled on the exact same day that the first map pack DLC became available. This DLC was not available on steam, I believe you had to purchase it through the EA store, or directly from EA in some way. Steam wasn't getting their cut for that content so they pulled the game.

Steam removed the game because gamers could not purchase the DLC through steam. EA probably knew this was going to happen and didn't care or felt that it would be better to maximize profits from the DLC rather than get future sales of the core game through steam.

And judging by how companies sell their DLC they are probably right that they did not stand to make any significant dollars from selling the core product in the future that would offset the extra fees paid to valve to sell the DLC through steam.

183. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 22:47 Tumbler

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying "EA is choosing not to put BF3 on steam". EA is offering it to everyone and Valve/Steam is refusing to sell it unless they also sell the dlc through steam. And it's probably more than dlc, I'm assuming they require them to sell everything through steam the same way Microsoft requires things to be sold through xbox live if it's for a 360 game.

What about this call of duty elite service? Will that be sold through steam? Will MW3 not be allowed on steam because people are paying for that service outside of steam?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 18, 2011, 10:33 Tumbler

Mottram's favourite platform is the iPad. "I pretty much do all my gaming these days on my iPad, and I never thought that would happen. I'm spending more on games on that, even at 59p, than I was on retail games at 80 or something. Now I'm spending 25 a month on getting games every day just to see what they're doing. I think that's good."

I wonder if part of this preference is the time needed to play multiple games? I am on a tight budget when it comes to game time so I find myself picking the games I play very carefully because I will typically only get 2 hours of play a few times a week. It's hard to see everything I want to see during that time. But with an Ipad I would presume you could play a dozen games in that time so you'd end up feeling like you saw more, got more out of that time. Borderlands is starting to feel a little lengthy, I'm still enjoying it, but I'm already past 30 hours...and I have darksiders to play after this...I wouldn't complain if this game finished a bit faster...but damn it's fun.

10. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 10:22 Tumbler

Its not like steam strong armed consumers into using it. They chose to use it.

Wow. Is this stockholm syndrome?

News Comments > RailWorks 3 Announced
5. Re: RailWorks 3 Announced Jul 16, 2011, 13:36 Tumbler

Why haven't these guys been bought out by Activision? This seems like the perfect fit for their games? DLC costs more than the game? APPROVED!

I would love to know how much revenue all that DLC brought in. IE was it worth all the trouble of making it and charging $30 $5-$40 for a virtual train on top of a game that costs...$29.99.

News Comments > RAGE Weapons Trailer
7. Re: RAGE Weapons Trailer Jul 15, 2011, 09:44 Tumbler

Oooo, that is an excellent trailer! After playing so much borderlands this game reminds me of that. Feeling more excited that this will give me more borderlands goodness.

Edit: stupid spell checker

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2011, 11:10.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2011, 15:08 Tumbler

Was reading a poll regarding netflix where they said 40% planned to close, now it's 60%?

The only thing I plan on changing the the dvd rental by mail service. I'm giving that up and stick with the $8 a month plan. My hope is that netflix will adjust down the purchases of new releases so substantially that movie studios will shit their pants.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2011, 12:32 Tumbler

I was really excited about LA Noire before it came out, and then seeing it in action it felt like a bunch of minigames linked together. Never wound up buying it.

In the sequel I hope they focus more on puzzle solving and have far less chase/gun play scenes. I feel like the game was struggling to be a new take on an adventure game all the while someone was trying to make it more like GTA's openworld.

I think it ended up being a good mix (maybe "ok" is a better word) but I wish there had been way more cases with big set pieces involving hollywood films. The very early missions seemed to get very mixed up in the hollywood film world. If they'd stayed with that I think the game would have been far better.

Cross my fingers that the sequel will expand on the whole explore/question/convict aspects of the game. I want a lot more of that. And I'm really disappointed that the dlc is not something you can play outside the main game? I could be wrong but it looks like the dlc is designed to be played in order with other missions in the story!? That is a horrible idea. I'd rather they simply let the player jump straight to that mission and enjoy the content on it's own. Can someone confirm how this works? I didn't get any of the dlc stuff so do you have to play everything in order to see the dlc?

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2011, 12:40.

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
4. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 10:44 Tumbler

Of course there is a demo. It will cost $50-$60 and be released on Nov 11. If you like the demo you can upgrade to the full game for free! If you don't like the demo well that is just too bad for you, thanx for the money.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite Closed Beta Begins Today
1. Re: Call of Duty Elite Closed beta Begins Today Jul 14, 2011, 10:42 Tumbler

I'm curious if someone in this beta gets access to all the map packs in Black Ops now? If not then the beta is a stat tracking service? (basically?)  

6048 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo