Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6213 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam
4. Re: Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam Sep 9, 2011, 22:21 Tumbler

There is a lot here for fans of the Warhammer 40k universe. The detail in how you can make your space marine look in multiplayer is impressive. Way more options than you'd expect.

I hope they are planning on adding to the MP side of this game. It needs more game modes. The biggest thing missing for me is vehicles. Even in the sp campaign it's a little too infantry focus'd. Can't fix that now but with MP you could offer a game mode where one team of 4 or so took control of a land raider or multiple land raiders and needed to drive them to safety. The other team would be devastators and would need to blow them up before they reached their goal.

I haven't played through the campaign very far so this is assuming vehicles are in the game. I fought a flying machine ork thing but that wasn't anything you'd see on a battlefield typically.

And it's really frustrating that there are killstreaks in this game but nothing to call in after you've gotten 3 kills+. No Thunderhawk straffing run, no landspeeder napalm strike, no deep striking terminators. It just records that you got a killstreak..woohoo.

How about you drop a dreadnaught behind me!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 9, 2011, 13:06 Tumbler

Make DLC. Make it now. I would think you can push more copies out if you throw together some significant dlc for the game. Expand the top section of China into a hub city. I loved seeing that area and wanted to explore it. Expand Montreal into a hub city! Put more shops into the game to buy things from. Make a new game+ option to start the game with your current augs and upgraded weapons. (start us at sarif industries with the malfunctioning retinal display)

Make as much of this content free as possible because that is how you sell more copies. If everything costs money you just get a smaller and smaller bite of the current owners.

News Comments > Gearbox Seeks Borderlands Feedback
5. Re: Gearbox Seeks Borderlands Feedback Sep 8, 2011, 22:13 Tumbler

Don't put always on drm in the game.

And don't do any of the exclusive pre-order crap either.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement
26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement Sep 8, 2011, 17:19 Tumbler

I'm hoping to play through the game again once this DLC arrives. I did the stealth approach, this 2nd time I'll do gunz gunz gunz and finally get to fight all those cool looking robots rather than sneak around them.

Plus those bosses can say hello to a badass upgraded weapon instead of a stun gun. We'll see how well you like that you sons of bitches. I'm thinking the machine pistol since everyone and their mothers seemed to carry those around.

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
51. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 8, 2011, 17:11 Tumbler

Hunh, I'm a little confused on what this reference even means. General immature comment towards a female character as being a feminist if she does more damage to men?

ok, well, lets see what other news happened today...

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
15. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 7, 2011, 19:53 Tumbler

Weeell i suppose if steam is not DRM its freely open to being circumvented, removed, disabled then ?

heh, I notice that the demo is offered through a variety of services which technically means that those "versions" of the game are drm free so maybe he was talking only about the demo. See, we care about gamers so we didn't put any drm on our game....demo. Full game is locked up tight. Reminds me of a good joke we had around the office, someone asked if we'd be able to buy this game outside of steam? We all laughed our asses off, hell no, then there would be no drm on the game!

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
4. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 7, 2011, 18:18 Tumbler

And no DRM? Just take my money right now, it's yours.

Can anyone confirm that the EXE file where the game installs will work without steam running? I'm assuming it won't since this game is only available on steam. (and is overpriced in my opinion)

I highly doubt this is DRM free, I would guess this game requires steam to be running before the game will launch.

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month
30. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 16:52 Tumbler

They are indeed pretty poor quality, the binding was all messed on mine and several pages were inexplicably blank.

The more of the reviews I read the more disgusted I became. Was hoping that was only on the first shipments but looking at the newest orders shows this is still an ongoing problem.

Splurged and spent $20 on a new copy of the hardcover version. I'm guessing my wife will want to read them as well. Was tough not to jump to the audio edition...haven't read a book in a loooonnnngggg time.

27. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 15:33 Tumbler

Pay attention to the 119 negative reviews there, Tumbler. Those aren't for the story, like the positive reviews, but for the physical product.

- pages are missing
- pages are misplaced
- pages have been cut so unprofessionally that the two bottom-lines are missing for several chapters in a row
- the binding breaks and pages fall out
- the font is so small, that people with imperfect eyesight have trouble reading

Just noticed this, canceling the order...trying to anyway. Quality of this set sounds awful. I think I'll pick up the hard copy of the first book and see how that goes.

21. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 15:17 Tumbler

I'm currently reading a Feast for Crows and think this series is generally one of the best book series I've ever read. I'll have to try the demo of this game if they release one.

Hmm...I should look into these books.

$20 for all four books shipped to my house!? Link

Sold.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Space Marine
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Space Marine Sep 7, 2011, 13:40 Tumbler

I haven't even touched the campaign yet. I'll get to it eventually to unlock the special Ultramarines skin. Multiplayer is just too damn fun. The customization you can get through leveling and challenges is great. I usually run a heavy bolter, quick setup, and iron halo. 3000 rounds a minute to your face. Do you want to look unique? You can. SM has full chapter skinning. All of the chapters are already pre-built. Your armor has multiple pieces you can set a primary and detail color on. There are like 8 different models of armor you unlock

This is a relief, I was hoping MP would be a lot of fun. I feel like there has been little to no coverage of what the MP game is so I wasn't expecting much. This should be arriving in the mail today, now I'm excited to play it.

Would be nice if they'd allow players to be Orks as well. DLC perhaps. And I thought I heard tyranids were in the game? So weird that they would not show off this other content...

12. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 13:10 Tumbler

I think this screenshot tells me what I need to know about this game.

Screenshot of Wall

Looks like an amateur mod...that is not what "the Wall" looked like...

News Comments > Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close"
15. Re: Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close" Sep 7, 2011, 12:59 Tumbler

Meh, I don't see why everyone is so excited about this. Deus Ex has possibly ruined me for the next few months of gaming. I don't see how anything else coming down the line will impress me as much as that game did.

My only complaint is that the experience is over. I think I'll wait to play through the game again after that DLC launches, I'm going to go GUNZ GUNZ GUNZ on the second time through.

Playing with the debug stuff was fun, I guess I got to play through the Tracer Tong mission but using that map selector kind of breaks things as all your objectives are not complete so you can't complete the mission. There is some dialogue that was a little interesting.

Hopefully they'll offer that mission in some way shape or form in the future. Maybe they'll unlock it with the Missing Link DLC.

This is a Deus Ex thread right? ....oh....heh. Yeah Diablo 3 and stuff, woooo....

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Has "Hundreds" of Changes from Alpha
23. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Has "Hundreds" of Changes from Alpha Sep 6, 2011, 16:05 Tumbler

Meh. I'm excited about RO2. I'm not excited about BF3 but I'll put some time into it when it ships. Red Box rental before buy for me.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod
28. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 5, 2011, 16:53 Tumbler

Christmas came early with this Debug mod! Level Select includes a level called "Tong Mission" (under the TYM stuff), just started the DLC mission!

So much fun walking through levels in super stealth mode.

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 4, 2011, 22:22 Tumbler

Oh wow, this mod unlocks the DLC weapons as well. I have the sniper rifle and double barrel shotty but there is a grenade launcher and some other stuff I'm anxious to play with. Going to start a new game on hard, once I get to my office i'm going to turn it into an armory, every weapon, fully upgraded, tons of ammo, it's going to be beautiful! And Mines, omg I'm going to have so much fun with mines! And Rocket Launchers! I never used those!*spoiler* And that plasma rifle that shows up at the end!

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 4, 2011, 17:59 Tumbler

This mod sounds perfect, I just finished my first play through and I was hoping they would offer a new game+ mode where you started off with all your modded weapons and augs and played the game again. I took the punch through walls mod pretty late but I was surprised how often I started using it. Tons of hidden stuff earlier in the game based on what I saw later.

News Comments > Team Bondi Offices Close
7. Re: Team Bondi Offices Close Sep 2, 2011, 17:47 Tumbler

I'm anxious to see a sequel to LA Noire. The first game was amazing until about 3/4 of the way through. The last 1/4 of the game just makes me angry. How did something that started out that well end in such a mess? I felt the story, the gameplay, everything about that last quarter of the game was just thrown together to complete the project and ship it.

I hope that LA Noire 2 is able to either end the game early if it's starting to suck or keep things strong all the way to the end.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 2, 2011, 17:38 Tumbler

Starz is making a stupid move. The only reason I watched Spartacus was because it was on Netflix. I have Starz on my cable sub only because it came with HBO in a bundle. I'm going to cancel that in a month or so and possibly nuke most of my cable bill.

I don't want to pay my cable company for these channels. I would happily pay netflix to subscribe though.

Those sub channels would be wise to start offering those channels via the web charging customers directly. They would be even smarter to partner with netflix and let me pay a sub fee through netflix.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access
6. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access Sep 2, 2011, 17:25 Tumbler

they are also now selling a separate upgrade to the Deluxe Edition for $9.99 USD.

MONSTERS! YOU'RE MONSTERS!

Can anyone talk a bit about how the game works with a controller plugged in? IE can you navigate the interface and play the game?

6213 Comments. 311 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo