Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6247 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week
7. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:37 Tumbler

...pretty bad timing. I'll be playing Dark Souls, Rage, Gears 3, Dead Island and possibly watching Transformers dark moon and fast five...

Booting up portal 2 for this seems like a low priority. Plus there is the BF3 beta...which they have to be planning on adding maps too...right? I mean they can't really be only showing metro? I'm hoping they're going to unlock a new map or something...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
55. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2011, 15:27 Tumbler

Caspien is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better even with the bugs, it feels more like battlefield

I have a really bad feeling about what all the other maps feel like. I am afraid we're going to see 8 maps like operation corridor and 1 map like Caspien. Would be a great way to sell DLC though!

52. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2011, 15:10 Tumbler

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 13:04:
The demo will probably have vehicles in it, but this is a beta.
The console betas are pretty awful by the way, I am hearing tons of people canceling their preorders on the 360.
Biggest complain, graphics looks like crap
Yeah guess console players were expecting PC graphics

I played the alpha on the PC and the graphics were @#$@ there too. Whatever they are doing with shadows looks absolutely horrible and since this is the first time 360 players are seeing the game in action it's not surprising they are canceling the pre-order. I think the alpha caused a lot of cancels as well. I had already canceled my pre-order when I played the alpha but if I hadn't that would have been priority #1 the following day.

14. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2011, 12:54 Tumbler

Looking forward to trying this on the 360...but it's on that same map from the alpha? And no vehicles? This seems like a joke, that map was awful when it had one vehicle. Why would you ever put out a demo of Battlefield 3 with no vehicles?!  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis Sep 28, 2011, 22:25 Tumbler

$39.99...? This seems more like a $20 game....at launch. $10 a month later. Wonder if anyone will even review this. Curious what metacritic says.  

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
14. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 19:56 Tumbler

That is a reasonable price for DLC. I have the tactical mission pack already so spending $3 for the explosive mission pack doesn't seem so bad. I'll wait to get it until the missing link dlc comes out, wanted to play through the game again at some point so hopefully that dlc will be reasonably priced as well.  

News Comments > Scrolls Case Headed to Court
18. Re: Scrolls Case Headed to Court Sep 27, 2011, 20:11 Tumbler

It's more like Notch releasing a soda and calling it Cola.

And this would be a problem? Cola is a generic term for a carbonated beverage. Most the cola brands use it in their name. RC Cola, Pepsi cola (not as common), everyone is familiar with Coco Cola or Coco-Cola but that doesn't change the fact that Cola is a simple term for a carbonated beverage.

Someone can make a soda and call is "Soda", or make a cola and call it "Cola". I would not be surprised if you could not lay claim to that name though, ie you could make that product but could not enforce ownership of the name because of the circumstance. Someone else could also make "Cola" and have just as much right to it as you do.

News Comments > Scrolls Case Headed to Court
16. Re: Scrolls Case Headed to Court Sep 27, 2011, 20:03 Tumbler

The 'principle' is that we'll all be better off if a company can't litigate over nebulous words/terms.

I hope there is a lot more that comes from this. This feels a lot more like attempted theft. Mojang decided they want to call their game Scrolls. Bethesda/whatever sees this and decides they want that name for themselves. I think Mojang is smart to defend their property like this and I hope that Bethesda ends up paying a lot of money for making fraudulent claims. Either you've filed for ownership of "Scrolls" or you haven't. Seems simple to me. The court should simply ignore the fact that they have a game series called "The Elder Scrolls: XXXXXXXX".

Yes I see your trademark (or whatever) for the title, "The Elder Scrolls", where is your trademark for "Scrolls". You don't have one? We're done here, thanks for wasting our time.

If nothing else this case should lay the framework for defending yourself against threats like this for little guys in the future. Find and replace the bits about notch and his company and replace it with yours, show up in court, move on with life.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
9. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 13:59 Tumbler

This franchise needs to go away for a while. The console versions are going for $10 on gamefly right now, they offered them for $13 and $15 a week ago and apparently that wasn't low enough to clear them out. Seeing them offered again at $10 shows just how awful people thought that game was. We're barely 3 months past launch and they're in the bargain bin and still slashing prices.

Don't even release that DNF DLC, the only hope for this brand is for people to forget about DNF. You might have to offer huge concessions to DNF buyers in the future to get them to try whatever comes next...

News Comments > Dead Rising 2: Off The Record DRM, Specs
6. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record DRM, Specs Sep 27, 2011, 13:47 Tumbler

Games for Windows LIVE SSA DRM and will require a one-time online activation.

That is not even worth researching. No. Just sell me a game for crying out loud. Stop trying to attach all this crap to it.

I'll consider this on the consoles because I don't want to worry about what kind of BS they've cooked up.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2011, 16:09 Tumbler

I was expecting there would be a lot of installing on Rage. I think I'm going to get the PS3 version just because it has one disc. I'm expecting the same thing on Skyrim. With games like Rage and Skyrim where i don't plan on playing them online I'm leaning towards the PS3 lately. Wish I'd gone that way with LA Noire if only because the PS3 seems to have been the lead platform. Seems logical that the PS3 will be the lead platform for the largest games. (multiple 360 discs)

Would be nice if there was a bigger graphical difference between the 360/PS3. Might make all these ridiculous patches and installs worth the trouble.

Anyone know if Dark Souls is 1 disc? (360)

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch; Pricing Details
14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 15:00 Tumbler

Canceled my pre-order. I'm all teased out at this point. I think they missed the prime time to launch this and at $60 plus a monthly fee it looks far to expensive. If they're not launching with a free to play option they're just asking for massive 1 month demand and then devastating subscriber losses for 3 months followed by server merging and clearance sale prices.

If I'm going to pay $60 for this I want to be able to play it to some extent for free, you can charge for other features but if I can't login and see the game from time to time free of charge then you're not getting my money.

This was a major screw up with Star Trek as well, they kept adding all this stuff which sounded interesting...why not allow people to login and see things and decide if they want to pay for more?

This IP might be strong enough to get enough people to jump on board at launch that all this nonsense makes sense for the short term but I don't think it makes sense long term and I hope that they come to their sense soon as it seems like long term is the only way they're going to make enough money to cover the costs up to now.

News Comments > DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now"
21. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now" Sep 24, 2011, 09:47 Tumbler

Blizzard and DICE are both amazing at helping me not spend money! Thanx!  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Expansions Timed PS3 Exclusives
25. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansions Timed PS3 Exclusives Sep 22, 2011, 20:01 Tumbler

LOL, a week?

Who fucking cares. This ends up making the PS3 look weak in the eyes of consumers. The xbox can keep map packs for CoD exclusive for a month! Oh yeah...well, welll....BF3 DLC will be exclusive to the PS3 for a whole WEEK! BOO YAA!

So stupid.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 21, 2011, 22:36 Tumbler

Dark Souls comes out in Japan tommorrow? That is confusing, I believe it comes out Oct 4th here...

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
9. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 21:36 Tumbler

We don't care about sales numbers

Kotick: "OMG this is going to be so easy to fire him before we pay bonus's this time!"

News Comments > 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders
12. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 15:42 Tumbler

Has that cleared the hazy BS for you?

No. What once looked like a very promising new game is harder and harder to see because of the mountains of bullshit being piled on top of it.

The more info they reveal the less this looks like the awesome game we are all hoping for.

BF3 by itself doesn't sound that bad. BF3 plus locked content that you get if you pre-order from a certain place plus new fangled drm called origin which this may or may not use (I've lost track of the lastest details of this) plus you have a game designed primarily for the pc's using the same maps that hte console version will have? but they will totally work for 64 players? and then now it has lan support...which makes no sense to me...the game won't run without internet connections I believe?

I have no fucking idea what they are going to end up delivering. I'm happy to wait until I have a crystal clear picture of exactly what I'll be getting if / when I buy.

News Comments > 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders
2. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:28 Tumbler

Sticking to the sideline for now. Had a pre-order in but then all that DLC weapon unlock bs happened and things keep getting hazy the more they talk/reveal about the game. Then there was the alpha...good god.

This is a super sale special a month or so after launch for now. We'll see how things look once that open beta (aka demo) arrives.

News Comments > Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel
23. Re: Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel Sep 20, 2011, 14:42 Tumbler

I'm surprised crytek is who they picked. I thought crysis 2 was a disappointment financially, guess they were ok? But wasn't that EA? So is crytek funded by EA and THQ?  

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
19. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 13:25 Tumbler

No release date, just "November"?

I hope this is due to them to polish the pc version a bit longer after the console versions ship because moving next to other games in closer competition with you, like AC:R and Skyrim is not going to be pretty... but maybe the pc version of those games are getting delayed too?

6247 Comments. 313 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo