Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6071 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 16:02 Tumbler

LOL at the Fox internet video paywall. Considering who their audience is I find it hard to believe those folks are going to stick with them for a monthly fee. Fox keeps it real, real amurica! You want me to pay you! TAXES YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! YOU'RE RAISING TAXES!!!!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 28, 2011, 11:45 Tumbler

Putting out games people want to play would be a better plan for success. Even at 169 its still got nothing I want to play.  

News Comments > From Dust DRM Also Always On?
20. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 28, 2011, 09:20 Tumbler

I suppose this means we can expect this same drm on Heroes 6? Sad, I thought that would be worth $50. Add DRM like this and you're down to $20...maybe less.

I think I can live with this kind of BS for games at $20. But that is only for the most established franchises like Heroes and Civ, etc. Lesser known titles like Driver would be down near $10. And these are release day prices, once the game is a month old they better bet less than $10.

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
21. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 28, 2011, 09:07 Tumbler

THQ should have never green-lit this game. It was a poor choice for a new RF game. The THQ board members need to make better decisions on what games to make.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam
52. Re: Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam Jul 27, 2011, 16:21 Tumbler

Please. They'll do it the Bill Roper Corrolary way. Subscribe and you get the map pack for free, but only as long as you keep subscribing. Unsubscribe for a month, and your map packs go away.

This is what I'm expecting. They might still offer the map packs separately for $15 but what is the advantage to that? Push a map pack out a month after launch, then let ppl who do not subscribe start getting dropped from games because they don't have the maps? Do this 3 months in a row and you'll have the core game holders choosing between paying $10 a month to play all those new maps or not pay and get dropped constantly and not have new maps. I'm assuming it's $10 a month...$15 a month and it starts looking really shady because $15 got your a full set of maps before and now it's a month of play? $10 is the sweet spot.

ConlineD

News Comments > Always on DRM in Driver: San Francisco
26. Re: Always on DRM in Driver: San Francisco Jul 27, 2011, 12:55 Tumbler

Buy it then pirate it for convenience, that's what UBI seems to want to encourage.

Don't play the game in any respect. That is the worst thing for the company. They spend tons of money advertising their games so that you will want to play it and likely talk about it.

It does IMMENSELY more damage to simply go play another game and kick this one into the scrap heap of broken dreams. My time is the only thing limiting me to how many games I can play.

Other games coming out the same day:
Dead Island
Resistance 3
Warhammer Space Marine
Heroes of M&M6 (DRM?)

Slightly before
Deus Ex Human Rev
Lord of the Rings: War of the North
RED ORCHESTRA 2 ($39.99 on Amazon! Preordered!)

Playing something else. Something better which deserves your time.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam
27. Re: Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam Jul 27, 2011, 12:33 Tumbler

Going to be interesting this holiday season for this big titles. MW3 is going to have a subscription fee to play those maps...does steam want a cut of that? Elder Scrolls is certainly going to have DLC...is Bethesda ok with giving some of those dollars to steam? EA has already indicated that BF3 won't be on steam likely because of the DLC revenue sharing.

Will be interesting to see what, if any, benefits they try and offer the consumer for using these competing services like origin. Steam meets the consumer's sacrifice a little by giving them auto updates to all their games and the ability to download them as many times as they want, forever. It's not a fair trade compared to a boxed product for the same price that needs to be manually updated, but it's something.

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle #3
1. Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3 Jul 26, 2011, 17:12 Tumbler

Not interested in the games but I threw in $2. $1 for developers, $1 for Humble guys. Hopefully they'll offer something better on the next run.  

News Comments > DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences
21. Re: DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences Jul 26, 2011, 16:33 Tumbler

A far superior game PC to a console can be built for $300 (including graphics card).

I'm very curious what "far superior to a console" looks like in this case. If you're building it from scratch then $100 goes to windows 7 and the pc costs $200?

16. Re: DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences Jul 26, 2011, 14:36 Tumbler

You realize MAG has a very different setup right? Groups of players fight other players in pockets...not the same arena.

They were all in the same arena when I played. The problem was they had to scale back the features of the game so much that it played like a game from 2000. They designed the maps into choke points where combat would need to happen most and it ended up feeling pretty chaotic. I remember an enormous warehouse with huge doors to cover. Each group of 8 players (8 different sets per team) were assigned to a door to protect.

128 player servers...game was crap but they got 128 players in each server. Game quality suffered tremendously and I imagine if they tried it today with BF3 they'd have to shoot for bf2 level graphics if they wanted to get 128 players in games and for the average user to play it.

8. Re: DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences Jul 26, 2011, 12:39 Tumbler

When asked if the maps in both versions were the same, Bach added: "More or less. When we say they are smaller, it's not that we have cut them in half. But we tried to compact them slightly to keep the action up. If you compare it to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the maps weren't really small on console. We actually had huge maps even for console. We have the same kind of angle on it right now [in Battlefield 3]. We want to create the same experience for PC as for consoles."

...hunh. I must have misunderstood your intentions because I thought you wanted to make a better experience on the pc...

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time
6. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time Jul 25, 2011, 22:10 Tumbler

Here is the link to the whole clip. The question was do you think that the video industry will eventually unionize? His response is basically bashing the industry workers as people who whine too much and make 60k a year on average.

What it looks like from here is they are paying next to nothing, 30k a year?, promising big rewards for long hours and then at the end of it refusing to acknowledge a persons work if they aren't already signed on for another 2 years on the next project. So either you end up at another company starting another 2 years of hell or you get stuck in your current company for another 2 years working hellish hours per the contract you signed so you get some credit for 80 hour weeks you just did for 6 months. This cycle repeats because if you ever try and break the cycle you suddenly have a huge 2 year hole in your resume where no one will admit you worked on anything and the most you can get is an entry level job.

If the guys at infinity ward can get caught in this trap there is no doubt in my mind that the industry needs unions.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2011, 06:51.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time
4. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time Jul 25, 2011, 21:39 Tumbler

Patchers comments on this subject are detached from reality. What is even more bizarre are his comments pointing to infinity ward as a place ppl are happy because they are getting fat bonuses.

I knew this guy was a bit of a tool but these comments upgrade him to a Sears special deluxe toolbox on wheels.

News Comments > PC From Dust Delayed
9. Re: PC From Dust Delayed Jul 25, 2011, 20:49 Tumbler

I believe this is a requirement for being in the "summer of arcade", I thought it was 4 weeks though and this will be 3 weeks. Can't wait to try this.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer
1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 16:47 Tumbler

Please be good. Please please please.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ Jul 25, 2011, 15:36 Tumbler

ensure your Veteran status is up to date.

...hmmm....any idea what that means?

News Comments > BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops
31. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 22:31 Tumbler

You dislike the GameStop-owned GameInformer magazine getting all the world exclusive previews because of their association with GameStop.

Ok, now it makes sense why I keep hearing about them getting exclusives...could not fathom how any magazine in this day and age was getting any exclusive. Figured these guys just had excellent connections. Ha, they're just part of the gamestop marketing system.

Makes all those publisher complaints about gamestop hurting sales look ridiculous when they give this magazine so much exclusive first look stuff and offer incentives for preorders!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jul 22, 2011, 22:00 Tumbler

So it looks like they dropped the sorcerer or wizard class? (renamed it) Wasn't there a jedi sorcerer or wizard at some point? Seems like they have a good assortment of classes but I'm expecting it to be more like 4 classes for imperial, 4 for republic, mirrors of each other...

It would be impressive if each of those classes listed was totally unique. Would also be impressive if they could make the game more like the cgi movies...

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
42. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 22:16 Tumbler

Early game access is extended to all everyone who pre-orders Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. If you have pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition, game access will begin seven days before the game’s release. If you have pre-ordered either the Base Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition, game access will begin three days before release.

I would not be surprised if they extended this 7 day period to the digital deluxe edition as well to encourage more sales on origin. 3 days hunh...will have to do I guess.

News Comments > Altitude Free Weekend, Sale, Patch
1. Re: Altitude Free Weekend, Sale, Patch Jul 21, 2011, 17:13 Tumbler

This game gets Tumbler's cheapo seal of approval! Works great on shitty laptops and has a surprising amount of depth to the controls and gameplay. Had to stop playing this on my laptop because I'd worn out the arrow keys and they were not working consistently. Can't wait to load the game up and try the new maps!  

6071 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo