Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6135 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo
2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 00:33 Tumbler

Yeah...from fileplanet too...haven't used this site in a LONG time. Only another hour and a half...  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play "Our Goal
25. Re: Valve: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Aug 19, 2011, 14:43 Tumbler

There are people who say that gamepads can be as good as a comparable mouse and keyboard setup with enough practice.

I think you should take fewer naps...you're starting to confuse your pc fantasies with reality.

I would love to see cross platform games. I'd love to just see gamepad support in all pc games. I don't care if I'm slower to aim, less accurate, and at a huge disadvantage. I still want to use my gamepad on some games.

I'm excited to see what cross platform CSGO looks like.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 14:34 Tumbler

I doubt there will be a shortage. I've pre-ordered the game in order to try it. Worst case I'll be able to play the game 7 days before launch. The chances of that trial leading to a purchase are slim...but it's it's fun I can see that happening.

I would guess a lot of people are doing the same thing I am so my guess is that there will be plenty of copies to buy come launch day.

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
48. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 20:01 Tumbler

Are we all insane? Stupid perhaps? Have some off-the-wall expectations or the like? I mean, what is so hard about a 1 time activation?

Blizzard shipped a similar system with Starcraft 2. (I think?) A few games on my steam account will launch without steam, Borderlands is one, but most of those games won't work unless I connect to steam first. Once connected I can log off and play in offline mode but that isn't much different...

Why doesn't steam default to offline mode when you shut down your computer? (is this possible?) I should have all the benefits of offline mode on steam when I boot up my system but as I understand it I have to connect to steam first?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: At&t Aug 18, 2011, 17:27 Tumbler

The only available plans will be $20 for an individual unlimited messaging plan or $30 for a family unlimited messaging plan; customers without one of those plans will pay 20 per text and 30 per multimedia message.

$20 for unlimited texting? Well I mean, it's on an iphone...so that's fair...right? The iphone is worth it, it's an iphone. Who cares what it costs, it's an IPHONE!!!!

37. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 16:10 Tumbler

You hearing this Blizzard?!

My thoughts exactly. I hope consumers stay away from Diablo 3 as well...but I won't hold my breath.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Aug 18, 2011, 14:39 Tumbler

That bloom and blur effect in the Anno make me reach for glass cleaner. So blurry.  

17. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 13:03 Tumbler

Ubisoft has been firmly planted into my "Don't buy at launch" list. With all these stupid changes all the time it's simply not worth getting excited about anything they offer. I'll see what people say about the finished product and judge at that point. (And probably have too many other games to play anyway)  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support
22. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 16:33 Tumbler

This is not the website you are looking for.

Hmm, you are probably right...

Here is the Infinity Ward Forums. I posted a request there to add controller support to the game. Feel free to go there and do the same if this is important to you.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=378490&start=1010

Hey Blue, is that URL function broken? I keep getting an error when I put the link inside the first brackets that the word is too long.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Media and Details
4. Re: World of Warplanes Media and Details Aug 17, 2011, 14:12 Tumbler

I'm assuming players are going to need joysticks for this? I really like how world of tanks works so well on a simple mouse and keyboard setup. Even with me using it from my arm chair I can have a lot of fun. Don't see myself getting out a joystick to play a game like this though.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for world of battleships.

14. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 13:53 Tumbler

Hey! I bought a Ferrari, but I want to drive it with a keyboard!

...my PC is hardly a "Ferrari". It's more like an RV where I can rest comfortably and enjoy myself. You kids and your fancy sports cars and do all your fast driving and I'll stick to my comfortable captains chair.

News Comments > Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced
15. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 13:50 Tumbler

Hmm...

I hope you're making a movie...because that part looked awesome. The rest...maybe it's F2P?

11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 13:32 Tumbler

Meh, I have the 360 and PS3 version set to come in from goozex. I think that is going to satisfy my needs as far as this game is concerned. I would be curious to try it on the PC but after buying CoD4 on a steam sale and finding it had no gamepad support I won't be spending money on this one to try it.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 16, 2011, 19:54 Tumbler

Well now, those are some sweet ass looking Ultramarines. This is what I wanted them to do with the Dark Angels. Do Space Wolves next. Or maybe a chaos army. This kind of unique look to the armies is what I want to see more of.

Dang those termies look nice.

Now go one step further and tweak the stats so the space wolves and ultramarine's play as they should. And give me my Blood Angels for Emperors sake. Give me Death Company.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Trailer
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 16:27 Tumbler

I'm confused how a wheel rim is going to supply bullets to that gun...but omg it would be fucking awesome if that thing started spinning while you were shooting! They spinnin! They spinnin!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 16, 2011, 16:15 Tumbler

Playing games on phones sucks. Vita is not a phone, therefore it has a chance to not suck. Comparing 3DS to Vita is stupid, because 3DS is based on a gimmick and not on gameplay. Ooooh, 3d cardboard cutout headache inducing nonsense, let me pay $250 for the right to play a Mario and Zelda remake on that please!

The PSV and 3DS are both going down in flames unless they start offering less expensive software. You can charge $100 for either one of them and if you're still going to ask $40 to play a game you're out of your mind. The problem is not that people expect everything to cost $1, the problem is that people have so many more options now that the real value of each game, 3DS / Vita / iOS is easy to judge. Most iOS games are probably worth only $1...but most 3DS and Vita games will not be worth $40.

Drop the prices. And that alone will probably not be enough. Not having an "app store" that anyone can design and publish on is a big negative. They may not be filled with outstanding software titles but when a million apps are on there the top 100 are pretty damn awesome.

And the PS3 just dropped to $249...if they ship the PSV at the same price I think they're going to hurt themselves as well. They would be wise to drop it to $199 at least. You don't want ppl looking at what they get for $250 in the ps3 and $250 in the Vita.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
11. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 13:58 Tumbler

Nice, loved this game. The game was insanely hard in parts but that may have just been me not understanding what I needed to do. I recall one mission that made me quit. I think I was assaulting a huge base with a shield up. I needed to drop the shield and was supposed to use special anti shield weapons or something but there was a fleet of ship inside the shield blowing the hell out of me.

Don't remember how many times I tried that mission, at one point I was trying to use a cheat to make me invulnerable...still couldn't pass that mission. (couldn't get cheat to work properly I guess...) I hope the experience will be better on this one because I loved the game up to that point, very challenging, lots of fun, but lets not have anymore missions like that.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
25. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 13:50 Tumbler

If you don't want to play that sort of map you could easily filter for only 64 player conquest maps (control point), and get maps like the one in this video. As for server map rotation, that's set by whoever is running the server, but no one is going to switch between 32 and 64 player maps.

Was custom map rotations a feature in BFBC2? I never played it on the PC but with the 360 I don't believe you had any control over the rotation. You could search for servers running a specific map but once that round ended it was off to whatever other map was up.

I know BF2 offered this level of control, I just don't know about this new version.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 13:00 Tumbler

Looks awesome. But WTF was that alpha? Now I'm worried about the server map order, are most of the maps like the alpha map? Or are they like this? This type of map is the only thing I want to play on. Please tell me the map order is something set by the server.  

News Comments > World of Battleships Announced
1. Re: World of Battleships Announced Aug 16, 2011, 10:53 Tumbler

Ooo sounds interesting, but where is world of mechs? I want to build and upgrade walking tanks!  

6135 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo