Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6096 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 16:39 Tumbler

It's WH40k chess.

Pppfffff.....(*throws something*)

Can we drive a land raider across the chess board and run over every god damn thing? Give me the rights to make a game and I'll make a mod that lets you choose a tank and drive through someone else's chess game and gun down every stupid figure on the board then drive off. Chess boards as far as you can see, just go nuts in your tank.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 15:18 Tumbler

Hmm, I'm interested to see an RTS 40k game without Relic involved... Went back and tried playing Dawn of War 2 recently, I think when they patched up the older additions to use steam, god that game bugs me.

Ugh, that game is more work than it is fun. Take this control point, take that energy point, go back and retake the control point, take other contro...no go back and defend control point, ok upgrade energy, wait, protect, wait, upgrade, wait wait wait, ok build unit, wait wait wait, fucking let me just have some units and go blow shit up!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 17, 2014, 21:33 Tumbler

20GB to me sounds like this game was under a ton of pressure to make it's release and was behind schedule. I presume they took what they had "ready" and sent it off as gold then started packing up all the stuff that should have been in that build and making it something you could download.

I would assume the testing done was minimal and this game is going to have a lot of issues at launch...at least.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
17. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 14:06 Tumbler

If they announced this was free for premium bf4 players I think I'd give a little of my attention. As a stand alone game they want people to pay before they play I have zero interest. F2p option might work too, but no desire to spend money before playing the game or watching someone else play after launch.  

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
2. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 15, 2014, 19:55 Tumbler

Looking good!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2014, 15:07 Tumbler

The game only running at 900p / 30fps on pc makes a much sense as it does on ps4. Both have better hardware than the xbox one and won't have trouble running it above that. (assuming the pc is newish)

I love how many times I keep hearing there is nothing wrong with games running at 900p, they still look good.

No shit, that isn't the issue. A game running at 900p 30fps on Xbox One will run better on the ps4 and depending on the specs run A SHIT TON better on the PC. Fucking games media proving they are glorified advertisers every week lately.

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Oct 14, 2014, 22:28 Tumbler

Is publicizing death threats a good way to prevent violence? It seems to me that repeating what the email said, even mentioning it publicly, is what the sender wants. Wouldn't it be smarter to just plan to have more security and try and catch the person?

If these threats are so common why take them seriously enough that you need to warn the public? If this threat is legit then cancel the event. Seems like twisted marketing, this guy's threatening anyone who wants to go to my event! Stand up to this man by attending my event! Tickets of sale here. Terrorism tax added because of death threats! (*tax does not imply the money goes to the county or state... Or anyone not named anita)

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
9. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust Oct 8, 2014, 10:08 Tumbler

Seems like this is the start of a 6 month plan to try and sell Hardline. At the end of the day this company is only looking for a way to get $60 out of you.

First we'll admit our mistake. We'll spend 2 weeks letting fans no we screwed up, we've changed, we're not going to do that again, blah blah blah. Then we'll start talking about how we have been spending tons of extra time improving our servers for Hardline, the best battlefield game yet! Now we're into December after the rush of new games come out and things have quieted down a bit. We'll create a video that looks like our devs just threw it together, lots of footage in our studio, and we'll show the game working and people paying it and having fun.

Then we'll spend some more time talking about how much we've changed, it's a new year people love hearing about changes around the new year. We're a new dice! That will be our message for 2015.

February we'll start talking about all the awesome features that hardline will have and we'll announce the preorder details and bonus stuff you get with it! We'll even have free stuff for the game to show people how sorry we are. Everyone gets a custom pistol with scope to show how much we appreciate them!

We should be seeing tons of pre-orders and in March we'll be on track to sell a million copies, we'll release march 15 or March 30, whatever the pre-order numbers look best on and then we'll start working on the sales campaign for Battlefront!

*yes man* Will Hardline be any good?

*AD man* Have you been listening? Who cares if it's good, once you got pre-order numbers it's time to move on to the next project and ship that POS.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 12:57 Tumbler

Was anybody planning on buying AC:Unity before launch? I have heard so little about it I'm surprised anyone cares. I would expect Far Cry 4 would get people upset, that looks a little interesting but I was expecting to grab it on sale by late november.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 17:24 Tumbler

It's too bad they didn't make this game:

Hope trailer

Watching it again that really looks a lot like Shadow of Mordor in how it "plays". So at least somebody made that game...just in the lord of the rings universe.

Hopefully someday we'll get a game like that in the Star Wars Universe. Battlefront seems pretty unlikely...

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
16. Re: Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 2, 2014, 07:02 Tumbler

5 years I think yes.

You misspelled weeks. This game will be heavily discounted at latest by black Friday. Likely sooner as it seems easily ignored with other stuff coming out.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
11. Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 1, 2014, 23:47 Tumbler

If you haven't pre-ordered yet, you can still do that right here. Anyone who pre-orders will get free access to the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit, so act fast!

Disapproving glare. Brood

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 15:54 Tumbler

I wouldn't expect Polygon to appreciate the value of a new PC peripheral currently. The VR tech we're seeing currently is for the PC, even the headset Sony is developing is years away from being able to see major studios start supporting it in the way they can right now on the PC. VR is at best a nex gen tech option for next Xbox and next playstation.

A lot of the gaming media can't recognize a gaming landscape dominated by PC again when the consoles have held the throne for so long. Gaming on a PC is more expensive in many ways, you run into a lot of problems you'd never see on consoles and without that headset the differences might be easily ignored compared to a game on consoles.

But that headset is a big deal. I think people are going to lose their fucking minds when they see how fun a racing game can be or a flight sim. Even a FPS game will feel totally different when you can glance left or right rather than turning your player. Imagine having a neckbrace on constantly. You can still turn and look but you have to use your whole body. You can drive, you and walk around, you can still do everything but then try doing all those things again with the Neck brace off. (and there is no border to the real world you can see)

I imagine whats going to be hard to adjust to is playing FPS style games when you're seated and in game you'll be standing, crouching, leaning, even laying prone. It's going to feel really fucking weird when you see yourself stand up in game but you're still in a chair. Or if you're going to play standing up then you press crouch or go prone you're going to have to learn to deal with staying in the same position. It might even be easier to play a game like this and crouch when you crouch, stand when you're standing, lean for real when you lean in game.

It's going to change everything. And until the consoles catch up we're going to see a major shift of consumers going to PC's. People like Pachter and sites like Polygon aren't going to welcome that change because it's a disruption in their business model. It means they have ot adapt to technology in another field that they've currently ignore.

I should really go try out my dev kit 2. Got it a few weeks ago and wanted to get moved before putting the thing on but feeling like I need to try it out. Fuck moving. Hate this house half packed up waiting for the sale to close nonsense. Grumble grumble.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
16. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 12:36 Tumbler

And pretty much everyone agreed that the one part of DE:HR that was developed as a separate module (the boss fights) was a terrible part that in no way, shape or form felt like part of the actual game.

I can only hope SC turns out like DE:HR. The boss fights were dumb but they didn't ruin the game for me in the least. I thought that was a phenomenal game. Replay value was my main complaint because it didn't feel like there were enough choices to make replay worth my time. But that first play through was everything I hoped it would be.

As SC is supposed to be an online game with a persistent online universe that could be a major problem but so far they've proved themselves to be able to adapt to player feedback and with a budget this large they can afford to bring in huge updates and change the things that don't work for players.

That first release of AC is pretty rough all things considered, but now we have custom keybindings, we can straff in normal flight mode and I would expect things to continue to improve as we get further in. (straffing in flight mode kills your throttle currently but I'm guessing that will get fixed eventually)

AC3....that is a fair concern. That game was a big mess and I don't want it to be like that. So is destiny for that matter. Feels like all the problems in Diablo 3 at release got pulled over to destiny. Shit loot, tons of time spent out of the game doing stupid shit. (loading, selecting destination, watching ship, walking around tower area) Feels a lot like dealing with that stupid RMAH in Diablo 3. Play play play, surf EBAY (er B-Bay! Blizzard Bay)

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer
11. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 12:29 Tumbler

I don't know, the more gameplay I watch the more I think it's just a glorified Civ 5 mod rather than a successor to Alpha Centauri. Hope I'm mistaken though.

I'm trying not to watch gameplay because of this. I'm hoping that won't be the case once it's released but it did look a lot like a civ V mod a few months back when I tried watching some gameplay.

Civ V mod would still be fine, but I hope they're able to make it feel different enough to call it a new game.

I'll keep an eye out for sales and see if I can get it at enough of a discount to where Civ V mod would still feel fair considering price. Crossing my fingers for $40!

I'm also holding back on buying a 980gtx in hopes of a game I want being bundled. Anyone hearing about bundled game plans? Far Cry 4 would be nice!

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
3. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 10:11 Tumbler

Oooo, new ship types!

Passenger liner! Doh, seems like science / hospital ship is running away with the vote.

Most recent patch added custom keybindings and sli / crossfire support! Gonna have to dig my computer out of my garage and fire this thing up. (we're moving)

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
2. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 10:01 Tumbler

This sounds interesting, will boot this up and check it out. I can't wait for the update they showed for the terrain becoming more destructible and realistic.

Love this game.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
12. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 13:37 Tumbler

Battlefield 4 was a big disaster. I'm interested in seeing how Battlefront turns out only because the IP is more interesting but Hardline or anything else that will be just a variation on BF4 is not interesting in the least.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2014, 18:49 Tumbler

Fucking District Attorney's have time for this bullshit but not time to investigate and prosecute dirty cops?

We sure are lucky to have defenders of the public standing up for what matters. You might be attacked and killed by cops in your area sure, but these wild terrorist taxi services are the real threat. They offer better prices and better service than the established shitty stuff that pay us lots of taxes so that shit is public enemy number 1!

Maybe Uber and others should start adding a $5 FU tax that goes to the local cities just to level the playing field. Seems like this all comes down to taxes generated from official taxi companies.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 20, 2014, 05:13 Tumbler

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 23:33:
So is this retroactive? Can Star Citizen be penalized for not doing shit and doubling their initial estimate?

It's laughable to claim Star Citizen is "not doing shit" with the money they've been given. This is the last project that needs to be reminded they need to deliver something. They are far and away the most communicative and productive crowd funded project the industry has. No one even comes close to these guys.

6096 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo