Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6268 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
30. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 19:09 Tumbler

I should be done downloading this tonight, excited to try it. My internet is awful. 3mb dsl is best att can do. Seriously considering a sprint phone with unlimited internet so I can tether and the download speed has to be faster...right...?  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 18:30 Tumbler

Hunh, that reminds me a lot of overwatch... Went back and watched some of that and this is a little different. Same basic game I think.

That name is really hard to forgive though. Law Breakers. WTF.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 27, 2015, 15:45 Tumbler

I watched a movie last night called Seduced and Abandoned. It's about 2 guys, Alec Baldwin and James Toback, going to Cannes film festival and other venues to try and secure funding to make a movie. It's a very interesting look at how movies get made. The pitch starts out somewhat simple and but as time goes along they seem to adjust to try and get people more interested in funding the film because no one was biting.

I imagine that getting large funding secured for games like this one aren't much different. I'd love to know how they pitched this as being a good investment because I think it goes without saying that investing in a video game company might as well be like putting your money on the craps table.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Delayed
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Delayed Aug 26, 2015, 18:37 Tumbler

I was wondering when this would arrive, looking forward to playing the full game.

I'm a little concerned about finding games with other players. It's been a challenge each time they release a new patch but I'm crossing my fingers that things will be better after launch.

It's a very good game, a very good 40k game as well. I hope it sells enough to get them to build in more races and backgrounds. A few animations need to be speeded up in my opinion so that the games don't feel so slow but many have already been fixed so maybe the release will make it a much faster game to play. MP matches take way too long in my opinion.

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
5. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 24, 2015, 20:37 Tumbler

Woohoo! Got to open 1 whole pack so far!  

News Comments > MGS5 Online PvP Paywall
11. Re: MGS5 Online PvP Paywall Aug 24, 2015, 13:27 Tumbler

I look forward the drama that I'm sure will surround this game's release.

Popcorn

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
37. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 12:51 Tumbler

Yakubs wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 12:34:
does anyone here honestly believe Star Citizen isn't a looming disaster?

Maybe "looming disaster" means something a lot different to you? A disaster at this point would be CIG announcing that all develop is stopping because they are completely out of money. But they're literally making millions of dollars each month and it doesn't seem like that is going to stop.

If it did stop today and they had to run with what they had I think they'd have at least another year before they'd actually run out of money. But there is no indication that they won't continue making money going forward as they have in the past. I'd say the next major jump for them will come after they release the 2.0 Arena Commander "update". Ideally this will come by the end of this year and the FPS and social module will be working.

Fans want something to show for the time invested, time and again when they release significant content, Hangar Module, Dogfighter Module, The racing tracks, new ships, update ship models, etc, it keeps the fans content and even happy in some cases. People under estimate how long they, CIG, can keep this train rolling simply by moving forward even in small steps.

I think they're top priority right now needs to be getting Multi Crew Arena Commander out. In order to do that I think you also need to have the social module and FPS all tied in and working so ideally if they could get all that working and released by end of this year I think they'll be right on track. Funding will surge, good news will flood the fans, it will buy them another year at least.

I think having all that stuff working is where they need to be just to start building the SP game as well as the MP universe.

Will it all work and come together and be worth it for some players who spent $1000+ dollars? Who knows. Will it deliver something worth $60? I think so. The main hurdle is that CIG is trying to make Star Citizen worth a whole lot more, $100+ on average.

They seem to get closer to disaster the more money they make according to some. Seems the opposite to me. The continued financial support of fans is a very good sign for the project as a whole.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2015, 22:52 Tumbler

Perhaps we can take a picture of our shit after we eat and share that instead...

Delicious Filet Minion with baked potates, 5 stars! Feels great coming out too!

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 15:40 Tumbler

Each sub is independently managed. Reddit as a company generally just sits back and shrugs. That's why you end up with such filth there (although there's also some great subs as well).

That is what I thought as well and that isn't true. Each thread has it's own moderator, and can have multiple i think.

Admins are different. Admins often work for Reddit and they can do whatever they like on the site. (assuming it doesn't get them fired) More recently admins went about deleting threads like fatpeoplehate, coontown, etc. Admins are the only ones who can actually delete comments. I believe moderators can hide them but I've been told by several mods that they cannot delete comments.

The people who run reddit apparently are very SJW friendly inside the company. Remember that whole thing about the CEO Ellen Pao? That all started when admins started censoring content.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 15:18 Tumbler

I don't think it's a coincidence that this article is showing up two days after some court records showed that Ms Q was trying to remove the restraining order on her ex before he can challenge it in court. I'm assuming there is a major mine laying in the road on this and this feels like they're trying to slowly get everyone back on the harassment is bad wagon so we can just shout-down whatever news comes out.

I'm very interested to see how the court sees his side of things. I don't think his Blog post was the match that lit this fire. It was barely getting any attention paid to it until these genius SJW's decided to get together and start censoring any discussion on it...as if that wouldn't get people's attention.

That Total Biscuit post is where this started. Not based on what he said, based on what reddit admin's did in the comments. It looked like they just went about deleting every comment because how dare anyone want to discuss this! And then they went to every area on reddit and started doing the same thing. And then all hell broke loose because now you're deleting posts in front of millions of people...

She should have put the restraining order on the Reddit admins.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 18, 2015, 17:41 Tumbler

That's an interesting read. Nothing to get too upset about, sounds like they're trying things, some of it doesn't work as expected, then they go back and do it again.

According to the article CR wanted to use the same animations in first and third person which is unusual. A game like skyrim that lets you play in first person or third person has different animations for each based on how they look / feel to the player. They tried to keep these animations unified and CR wasn't happy with the end result so they had to go add another set of animations and it sounds like part of that was dumping the original skeletal animation system and using the new one he's mentioned recently.

Not a smoking gun.... Maybe some could say he never should have tried the first method and that just wasted time.

Scrapping it if it doesn't work and doing what needs to be done to get it working right seems like the "right" thing to do.

Have the game finished and out by 2016 though...? Let's maybe just worry about getting the stuff out you planned for 2015 hunh? Gonna be end of August soon...

News Comments > Hearthstone Tavern Brawl Previews Grand Tournament Cards
1. Re: Hearthstone Tavern Brawl Previews Grand Tournament Cards Aug 18, 2015, 15:06 Tumbler

Oooh, cool.

I love how Hearthstone has evolved. I'm looking forward to these new cards and I do my best to keep doing my daily quests for gold and buying a new pack every day or two.

I'd love to see them start smashing the other franchises in as well. I'd play the shit out of a Starcraft themed card game. Diablo too!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 13:52 Tumbler

Disney adding star wars themed lands

I'm very excited to see this. One thing I can say about Disney is their amusement parks are very impressive to walk around in. I can't wait to see what they make. I'm curious if they'll try and carve out a new area or if they'll just rip up tommorrow land and rebrand a lot of the stuff there. In Florida they have the land to just build something new but in LA I wonder if they'd use a part of the California Adventure side. Seems like a lot of open space still on that side and then they wouldn't have to get rid of the Tommorrow land in the magic kingdom.

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
1. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Aug 13, 2015, 18:07 Tumbler

Hope the expansion breathes some life into this game. Haven't it touched it since a week or two after launch and don't plan to until the expansion is out. In the past I'd probably just pre-order or buy the expansion at release but this game needs so much in the way of tweaking that I'll watch a youtube video showing off the game after the expansion and see if it's worth my time.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details Aug 13, 2015, 17:27 Tumbler

I don't know why people care so much about this game. It's dice...

It's Star Wars and fans have had enough bullshit to last a lifetime.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
4. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 11, 2015, 12:26 Tumbler

...what an odd comparison. I don't think either of those is very flattering.

Saw a preview for "13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" and as soon as it said Michael Bay I just rolled my eyes and said WTF. And who picked that god awful name. Why not just call it Benghazi?

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
109. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 9, 2015, 19:42 Tumbler

It's nice to see the large maps in action. A lot of impressive stuff to look at but considering how much is up in the air at this point it's tough to get excited. They've said the Social module / planetside would be ready in a month which seems kind of hilarious considering the FPS module is so long delayed. SQ42 is supposed to be on the horizon be I think it's safe to say they're just holding the bad news until the last moment.

I'll be exicted when they have AC2.0 ready so I can fly the constellation around myself and hopefully there will be a large map to explore where we can run into other people.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
18. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 13:21 Tumbler

You can buy the expansion content for 50 or if you're a new user just the expansion for 60 which includes the base game.

Sounds good to me as a new user but if I'd purchased the original game I think I'd feel pretty pissed about them asking for another $50.

This sounds a lot like the Destiny plan as well. You can pay $50 for the newest expansion coming next month but a new user pays $60 and gets everything they've released up to this point plus the new expansion... (Also a niche game)

Thanx....

Something to consider though is this is still a niche game and the DCS series puts out new content in the form of new planes often and charge something like $40+ for a prepurchase and I think $50 at release?

I'm looking forward to Getting into Elite dangerous finally with this update. It will be interesting to see what happens when Elite and No Man's sky are both offering something similar and maybe those companies can start competing and pushing down prices.

Hell, DCS would be smart to build a space fighter module, just to try and grab some of this space sim surge. That CCP game should be coming in the near future, Valkerie, going to be a lot of choices for a space simmer to spend money on soon. Maybe even...battle- (HUUUURGGEHH) sorry I just threw up a little. Maybe not that one so much.

Edit: Ugh, just bought Elite Dangerous Horizons, $63 after conversion via paypal... ugh, haven't paid that much for a game in a while.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2015, 13:31.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 16:53 Tumbler

All I will bother saying is, how I don't like well known actors being in games. They're not needed and don't do anything but jack up the cost in an insane way compared to any benefit, to the game.

What costs are being jacked up? The DLC still seems about the same price as before, the game retails for $60. The gold edition was on sale for $40 the other day and that comes with the first dlc pack I think, I finally bought it just so I have something to play on my ps4.

I thought one of the major features in LA Noir, for example, was being able to have real faces show up in game, I think having real actors used in games is a good thing.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 3, 2015, 20:37 Tumbler

The cockpit of the awing had me interested then that 3rd person shot reminded me why I don't care.  

6268 Comments. 314 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo