Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6053 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
40. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 16:27 Tumbler

Anyone know if this works with Oculous or Oculous dk2? Once my DK2 gets here I think I'm going to have to buy this. Need stuff to try with it!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
1. Re: Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All Jul 29, 2014, 21:22 Tumbler

Sucks to be a premium member and have zero interest in loading this up again. Far more excited about hearthstone at midnight!  

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
14. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 13:06 Tumbler

So they announce a new game and rust fans are upset that Rust isn't done first.

Then someone at facepunch thinks it would be funny to tell everyone Rust is canceled? (But then in the article below that title explain that it's not canceled and working on more than 1 game is normal?

Well enjoy the PR you get from this. I'm sure that will help the new game a lot.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Announced
2. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Announced Jul 24, 2014, 22:55 Tumbler

Spaceships!

I hope it has parts of the ships being blown off and all kinds of carnage on the ships when weapons bust through the shields! I want ships slamming into each other and massive explosions!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 24, 2014, 13:40 Tumbler

I think with the 3d support I can officially retire my PS3 and sell it. I don't watch many movies but I knew as soon as I sold it I'd be wanting to watch one...

Only thing that sucks is now my handy remote won't work with the Ps4. Guess I'll sell that too.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015 Jul 22, 2014, 17:43 Tumbler

Money talks and it scared the shit out of EA.  

News Comments > Areal Kickstarter Suspended
13. Re: Areal Kickstarter Suspended Jul 22, 2014, 14:26 Tumbler

I assumed that the funding they had was just phony bids they put in themselves. Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2014, 13:55 Tumbler

As a service for gamers Xbox live is an utter disgrace. The only changes finally came about when their whole business model imploded under it's own incompetence.

I have to chuckle at game journo's trying to give them credit for making the service better over the past few months. It's still a waste of money considering what other avenues gamers have to play games.

Matching the features of your competitor doesn't make up for the years of gouging consumers on the 360. I don't think they've learned shit. They've patched their boat's enormous hole but they haven't turned on the pumps to start pushing the water out. They're trying to cruise ahead as if this is totally normal.

I will give them credit for something though, that little remote they sell, it works with youtube now. Now I can use the box without touching that clusterfuck of a controller or talking* to that POS.

*talking - Yelling at it repeatedly before giving up and grabbing the remote / controller depending on what I want to do.

News Comments > Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Demo
3. Re: Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Demo Jul 19, 2014, 21:49 Tumbler

Hearthstone expansion on Tuesday!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 12:09 Tumbler

If anyone else was curious the Model 3 Tesla, $35k approx, should be able to drive 200+ miles.

Based on googling it you get about 3 miles per kilowatt hour. So a "full tank" should cost 66 KW/H's approx. For me that ranges between $0.13 and $0.33 depending on when the charge happens. Smart Meters!

Assuming that can be all $0.13 that is $8.58 per tank. I'm paying approx $70 a tank in my minivan which get 20 mpg. So on average I'm paying about $40 per "tank" if it were equal to the tesla.

Not sure how big that car is, I have 3 kids and the extra room in that minivan is necessary but cutting my costs by 75% on commutes would be nice! (plus no more stopping at gas stations!)

I drive about 320 miles a week commuting. Currently that is approx $70. If I could do it in the Model 3 that is $13.86.

The proposed mileage tax is making more sense if you consider how much revenue they lose from each driver who goes all electric. Looking at a quick gas tax breakdown in CA that is $0.82 in taxes on each gallon of gas.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $48 Million
29. Re: Star Citizen at $48 Million Jul 15, 2014, 13:07 Tumbler

Alien languages sound ok. Not something that gets me more excited for the game but we'll see. If the devs are excited about it then it's a good feature to add.

Arena Commander needs control configs. I'm surprised they haven't gotten that working yet, even an outside little program that generates an xml file for your control method of choice so that the game is more playable.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Survey
9. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 15, 2014, 10:55 Tumbler

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 09:56:
Meh sorry, but there are 0 epic sci-fi RPG's in the making. FUCKING ZERO.. so bring ME4 on and for all I care they could clone ME1 to ME3 again just with different characters and level, just make it HAPPEN.

I am so utterly starved for a good sci-fi RPG. And whatever, shooter too. There isn't even a good sci-fi shooter out right now. That's how broken the gaming industry is.

Cyberpunk 2077!

Star Citizen - There was probably a stretch goal in the past that will be adding a full sp campaign ala mass effect along side the FPS and space sim elements. (jk)

Destiny? Not the same but hopefully the success of this game will make more people want to try sci fi settings.

I'm with you on wanting more sci fi rpg's though, but let's shoot for something a little better than ME4. Just because we're starving doesn't mean we should hope for mcdonalds. Let's shoot for In & Out.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Survey
3. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 15, 2014, 09:41 Tumbler

Going out of business so another studio could make me4 would be a good start.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2014, 17:02 Tumbler

Quboid wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 14:59:
I'm all for people's right to protest but you can't justify any action with "it was a protest". Neither article explains what she actually did which, given how biased they are, speaks volumes to me.

The article is written poorly to say the least.

Didn't notice this the first time but this sounds like her crime:

"The incident that resulted in her imprisonment involved her making a video-recording of the arrest of protesters at the base (the protesters were later acquitted)."

It sounds like these protestors did something at the house of a guy who works on the base: (or maybe just her)

"She had previously been the subject of a protective order -- normally issued to violent stalkers -- relating to protests at that targeted Colonel Earl Evans, the mission support commander for the drone program."

It sounds like local law enforcement and judges are willing to arrest and imprison people to keep them from bothering the Air base personnel... Hopefully people in the area will remember this next time they vote for a police chief, judges, etc. Sadly I doubt anyone will lose their job over this.

News Comments > Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details
3. Re: Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details Jul 8, 2014, 23:33 Tumbler

$25 seems more than reasonable considering how much "Free" gaming I've gotten out of it. I've bought a few rounds in the arena but the vast majority of my time is spent doing those quests that earn gold and buying packs.

The quests they make up are actually pretty good and making you tweak your deck in order to complete the quest and even if you don't win it's still fun to try and stack your deck with 5+ cost creatures or creatures that cost 2 or less.

News Comments > BF4 Dragon's Teeth DLC This Month
2. Re: BF4 Dragon's Teeth DLC This Month Jul 8, 2014, 23:31 Tumbler

At least we know we can look forward to one kick ass trailer.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
13. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 13:46 Tumbler

Wildone wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 12:55:
I play/played A LOT of sims for a long time, but if you cant just instantly get a feel for the ships out of the box there's a problem. And there is a big problem with these, its like flying a 747 on ice-its all over the place! By contrast you jump into Elite Dangerous and you instantly get the 'oh I know this!!' feeling..its intuitive. I dont get what crap they say about the FCS or whatever it is. And thats just the start of the problems. Their ships are fantastically modeled & detailed, but man..they are trying to do so much too quickly and getting splintered. Unless they do something to fix the basic feel of the ships and the combat I cant see myself going back to it even though Im a backer. ED has all my attention

I do as well and many sims don't feel right until you properly config the controls to your tastes. The DCS sims are a perfect example. Trying to hover a helo in that using a joystick that isn't tweaked properly is kind of hilarious. Most joysticks are slightly different in how they report movement and if the engine is watching closely every single nudge adjustment you make does something.

In the case of Star Citizen it seems to be ignoring way to much on larger joysticks using in Hotas setups. The joystick reading seems appropriate for thumb sticks on my game pad but when I tried to use a CH fighterstick it was a complete joke because I'd have to make enormous moves to get the nose to make small adjustments.

I finally went and learned how to config that stick outside of the game and messed with the thresholds so that small movements were major shifts which is how sims should fly. (for me) The game was much more pleasant but I am holding off playing until that is in game because they do a whole host of stupid shit like mapping yaw to your rudder instead of the stick. Mapping throttle to my stick instead of leaving on the keyboard. On the Keyboard the up and down straffing are mapped to fucking E and Q. W & S are mapped to forward and back....who the fuck cares about straffing forward and back!? The shots are still going to hit you.... Being able to tweak all those things in game will make the game feel a lot better.

I think it's 90% control config issues. There may not be that much to do once you have the control issues out of the way, blowing up 3 ships is in a small deathmatch map or two is going to get old so hopefully they'll have a new map and some new ships to add this month.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2014, 13:52.

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
7. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 12:49 Tumbler

Wildone wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 11:45:
They are in deep trouble. They said yes to way too many goofy requests and didn't focus on the core gameplay (Dogfighting) hence why it sucks balls. Now they have to make good on it all and the result is gonna be a weird awkward mish mash of game types and mechanics, none of which will gel together. Im predicting there will be a huge re-focusing once they figure out it cant be done in a human timeframe. Fan boys will cry and probably commit hari kiri.

I think the mistake they made about 6 months ago was trying to deliver more content after the delay initially. The DFM was originally supposed to just be the Hornet to start. If they'd focused only on that ship I think we'd be seeing a much better launch of the DFM. (now called arena commander)

At pax east they told us about all the other stuff that will be in AC and it seems like another game tacked onto the development entirely. This may end up being smart because it gives them something the public can play but so far they're struggling to deliver the initial 3 ships in a way that most people will see as fun. Whenever the key binding / control config patch comes I hope that will help a lot of people enjoy the game.

It's pretty absurd that you need to setup detailed custom controls outside of the game that can be programmed to a joystick / hotas setup. The controller config isn't bad but without sensitivity settings it's pretty hard to use effectively. The Mouse and Keyboard controls can be used ok if you can adjust to them. The virtual joystick is clunky thanx to this little zone in the middle of the screen where your ship stops responding and you're supposed to use this area to aim. Problem is once you hit the edge of this imaginary circle the ship starts to turn. Making minor changes becomes very difficult doing it this way. You can change the mouse control mode to direct using Ctrl F but I don't like that.

I'm very pleased with the game in general at this stage, with a few control config menu's and them opening up MP to a lot more people I think it's going to be a lot more fun.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 16:48 Tumbler

Looks pretty. Hard to get excited after the last few 40k titles. I think this was all CGI stuff? The game might look that good but who knows what the "game" part will do to that look.

It would be fucking awesome is they scrubbed any HUD elements in favor of a little voice that gave you reports. Contact to your right. Low Ammo. And the interface would be just looking into the game.

Maybe something like Dead Space, some menu's might be nice.

I want everything to take advantage of the OC DK 2!

News Comments > DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Preorders
1. Re: DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Preorders Jun 26, 2014, 18:37 Tumbler

Ooo, crossing my fingers for a 4th of July sale. Last year they did that, I think, and I picked up basically everything!

Got my Oculous Rift Dev Kit 2 on order but that shouldn't be showing up until august.

Hopefully the Oculous rift will work well with this!

6053 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo