Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6406 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 4, 2016, 08:56 Tumbler

...so it's a book of various blogs? No game, you want to print a collection of blog stories about video games and put them in a nice book?

$40 for the actual book. Very barebones offering as far as kickstarter pages go.

99gamers.com-Going down in flames after discounting their currency!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
7. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 29, 2016, 21:15 Tumbler

Haven't booted this up in a while.

Probably going to wait for SQ42 to come out before I jump in again. They said 2016...so should be any day now!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust
20. Re: Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust Jan 29, 2016, 14:35 Tumbler

Pshh, EA. Just get used to buying the most over priced games possible. Their games aren't bad, they're just overpriced. Whatever you buy for them is going to be overpriced for what you get because that is how they work.

They're in business to make money. They're trying to make a $30 to $40 game and sell it for $60.

Pay $30 to $40 for EA games and you'll be..content. Pay less than $30 and you might even be happy with their games. Paying $60? Or god forbid $110 with a season pass and loath them for years.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2016, 11:11 Tumbler

Pigeon wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 10:54:
Wallstreet isn't happy unless you're squeezing your customers like an orange, then discarding the husks to be used as mulch.

That's extremely accurate. In the eyes of shareholders returns are all that matters. There is no benefit to being a good company in the eyes of consumers the way Wall St looks at things. This is something I think government should step in and "assist" with by imposing harsher taxes on companies that exploit workers and the tax system.

Companies like Walmart employee millions but do so at a level where they cost the government additional money because those people still qualify for welfare and such.

Raising the minimum wage and offering a national healthcare plan would be a huge step in the right direction. I don't think people understand how much more they pay privately for health insurance than people do under medicare. I do my in-laws taxes and their cost for medicare is something like 1300 A YEAR. They're 80 and 60 years old respectively...they are among the highest cost consumers to insure for healthcare. If medicare starting adding tons of people to the system in their 40's and 50's and still charged us 1300 a year they'd create a TON of surplus funds to deal with the increasing costs of medicare.

Raising the minimum wage should lead people with Jobs not qualifying for welfare and lower that expense in government. (which honestly is such a small number it's pathetic we talk so much about it)

It would affect the profits of big companies like walmart though and according to wall st nothing is worse than not passing those profits onto share holders.

Share holders are the real americans today it would seem. (if not corporations themselves)

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
15. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 13:54 Tumbler

I was shocked how many podcasts I heard praise this game in the game of the year choices. I have a very hard time believing it can stand beside games like MGS V, witcher 3, and others.

I remain highly skeptical.

News Comments > The Witness Released
15. Re: The Witness Released Jan 28, 2016, 09:56 Tumbler

Boy are value propositions a wierd thing. It sounds like this game hits the length and quality milestones a consumer would expect of a full priced game but we won't pay 2/3rds the asking price.

$60!? You think this game is a better deal for not being $60!? That would be an insane price.

Games actually worth 60 might include skyrim, fallout 4, mgs v, civ v, Witcher 3, battlefield bad company 2. Many games want to charge 60 but few are actually worth that.

The curve gets pushed up all the time for what $60 buys you in a game and the 40 level is now filled with plenty of AAA games that get discounted a month after release or at release by places like green man gaming. I paid 35 for battlefront for example. (Best buy with extra credits, Still too much) I paid approx 40 for mgs v.

The witness is overpriced.

News Comments > The Witness Released
13. Re: The Witness Released Jan 27, 2016, 23:09 Tumbler

The $40 price tag bugs me.

It sounds like an amazing game, the giantbomb cast could not have given it a better recommendation in my eyes so I went and looked how much it is on steam. I was expecting $20 maybe $25.

I'm hearing it's amazing from so many places but that $40 price point has me happy to wait. $40 feels offensive to me...

I'm sure it will go on sale soon.

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
5. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 11:15 Tumbler

When they started talking about this I figured it'd be like the movie predator and would play sort of like left for dead pvp. That sounds awesome! You gotta sneat through the jungle avoiding some super alien monster and eventually fight it.

Boy they fucked that up. Feels more like being locked in a zoo cage and told to chase that monkey! Do it fast or he turns into a gorilla! Isn't it fun chasing him!

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
1. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 09:47 Tumbler

They should make this game free to play for the base stuff. I think there is a leveling system where u unlock hunters and weapons. Make it so none of that works for free players then hopefully more people will want to play it with the base options.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2016, 09:56 Tumbler

People did that with ME3 because the ending sucked, even though the ending comprised maybe 1% of the entire game and the rest was actually good.

ME3 itself was a below average game in my opinion. The individual missions were good in some cases, even great, but the pacing of then was disorganized and that weird war score u needed before going to the final battle was really off putting. The mp was ok.

But that ending. Like a drop of poison in the punch bowl. Not excited about any future mass effect games. Don't care if Shepard lives or dies. That series just jumped the shark.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released
11. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 10:02 Tumbler

I'm interested to watch this on YouTube or twitch. I don't expect to want to buy it but the past games make me want to double check.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 15, 2016, 14:46 Tumbler

That is a laughable claim. Twitter might as well live on a bed of hate speech. Has there been a major controversy over a comment that didn't play bout on twitter?

It is the number one place to go for general shit talking and hate speech.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 7, 2016, 21:01 Tumbler

This isn't a universal mount? Wtf? You have to order a different mount for every type of game? Jeez, what a headache.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2016, 16:30 Tumbler

If they're going to reinvent true detective each season with new characters I'd say they need at least 2 years between seasons. The wire had very different stories each season but it was all tied into one city and many of the characters stayed part of each season.

What true detective did was nuts. Dropping everything from the first season and trying to build it all back with new characters for season 2 is very risky. I'm amazed it was good.

I'd be excited to see them do a season 3 if they are taking their time. Season 2 was great, just not as good as season 1. Season 1 was amazing to be honest. a 20% drop from season 1 is nothing to be upset about.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
49. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 6, 2016, 16:02 Tumbler

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 13:10:
I was completely ok with purchasing 3 x 24 inch LCDs + track IR and a 300 dollar steering wheel to play sim racing games - in that context the Rift seems to be priced ok.

That is all I can think of playing on it for now. I want a triple monitor track IR setup but I don't want to dedicate the space in my house to having it setup. In that respect this price is ok. It offers that freedom of head movement without all the hassle of extra monitors and hardware to mount them.

But for games that aren't Sim's? That's the real question, I haven't seen much that I want to try that isn't a Sim. I could see this bringing Sim's back in a big way. Who wouldn't want a kick ass star trek bridge commander game with that thing?

Or maybe a submarine captain, that would be fucking awesome! Shit, I think I just sold myself... Or a mech game!

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2016, 16:07.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 4, 2016, 20:52 Tumbler

Egypt? I think they mean caribean pirate themed right? Or maybe it's pirates of the Barbary coast?

How have they not gotten an off year pirate version started by now?

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2016, 15:15 Tumbler

Sounds like he saw lots of refunds recently and he's venting.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
1. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 12:00 Tumbler

I really hope the dlc season pass sales are abysmal. If they are then hopefully they will spend some time rounding out the rough edges. (Like the turning point mode working on all the maps)

It sure feels like they've already started working on the next game and said fuck it to this because they probably already have all the money they can expect to make. Putting more hours into building more content likely won't pay off as well as putting those hours into a new game for next year.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
38. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 15:24 Tumbler

Nice to the see them using the cutlass for this video. I picked up that ship early on and so far it's not been fun to fly. Looks very nice in this video.

I hope they offer a control scheme that keeps your mouse looking around like they show in that video. The game has so much more immersion when your mouse just looks around. Let the ship computer fly to where you're looking with a button press and let the player just enjoy the view.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2015, 22:35 Tumbler

Battlefront is really just another game in the new trend of releasing a game a year early and then trying to sell it again as a more complete product if it sold well enough.

I don't know what the sales numbers look like but games like Titanfall, Destiny, Evolve, Battlefront, Rainbow Six Seige, all look like games that are being forced out early. It takes time to build out single player content once the tools and the engine are ready and it feels like company's are simply shipping a product and then pressing on to "finish" the original game and call it a sequel.

I'm sure we'll see titanfall 2 and it will have a full single player campaign as well as multiplayer but it will still play and feel like the first.

Destiny will likely just be more of the first game.

Instead of shipping games that are full of bugs but have the amount of content people expect, they're just chopping content off and polishing up a much smaller game. As an added benefit they can just keep building on this game after they release since it's basically only half the game they want to play. If it's not successful just drop it and move on, if it is then they know investing more time and money will be a better investment.

Seems to be the way of things...can't say I mind because I just don't find myself paying $60 for games anymore. Fallout 4 is a good example. I haven't seen any big sales on that but it seems like a full fledged game I'd be ok with spending $60 on...I just don't want to. Plenty of other stuff to play, I'll just wait until it drops.

Don't imagine I'll be buying the sw battlefront season pass but if they discount it heavily I might. They probably won't and that is fine, other stuff to play.

6406 Comments. 321 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo