Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6112 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs
9. Re: Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs Nov 22, 2014, 19:24 Tumbler

12 people doesn't seem like that big a deal. It would be if they were making something I want to spend money on... Sadly the last thing they had was the kick starter project.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2014, 13:24 Tumbler

That's interesting. Letting people try the crew before launch isn't what I expected. Maybe it's better than I'm expecting. I'll give it a shot.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
42. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 13:18 Tumbler

I expected this would be their policy. The game has been delivered to many who paid more all this time, would be hard to believe they'd offer a refund to people who'd been playing it up to now.

Will wait to see how people feel about the game once it's "released". I've been hesitant to jump in because of the elevated prices for beta and alpha so I look forward to being able to get in around $50.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 10, 2014, 09:44 Tumbler

This looks like a negotiating ploy.

This. It sounds like these services pay the same royalty no matter the music? Seems reasonable to argue for higher rates while the music is new if nothing else. How do radio stations pay for use of new songs like this? I would assume they pay for a certain amount of plays per hour? (day?) It's hard to say how many people are hearing it but I'd expect they see higher earnings than $1 for every 11,111 listeners.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 13:44 Tumbler

I think I'd heard it's just one spot in the Campaign as well. Seems like some serious cherry picking if all they are talking about is one little section of the campaign goes below 60fps.

Maybe it's a constant problem, but I believe this all started from someone mentioning that hte PS4 version dropped below 60fps on a section of Seoul when you were throwing special grenades. On the xbox they just dropped the res to make sure it held 60fps.

I assume in MP it's just 60fps at 1080p the whole time? Seems like a silly thing to be reporting on if that is all there is.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 4, 2014, 13:40 Tumbler

A recent movie comes to mind, Rampage. I've not heard anyone say that inspired mass shootings. I don't know why this game is any different. I'm interested to see what a reviewer has to say about it. I hope it's more than just grotesque killing, I'd heard that all that stuff is optional. It seems like a more extreme version of postal.  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 16:49 Tumbler

Found one! (And it's barely noticeable)

Xbox One vs PS4 Advanced Warfare

I have a real hard time seeing the difference, I think I see it in some shots but the lighting is slightly darker on the Xbox One version capture so it could just be my imagination.

There are a few shots taht seem slightly better on the ps4 but nothing that jumps out. Without these side by side video's I doubt anyone will notice.

I did notice some differences with lighting though, in one shot the xbox light would change on the gun so it was illuminated one second then it'd go black or very dark then back. Like it wasn't able to change the intensity of the lighting on the side of the gun but it could turn it on and off. On the PS4 the lighting on the side was just slowly changing the whole time like you'd expect from a fire. (a burning crate was the light source) That might be more of a bug than an actual graphical choice though.

I would say the ps4 looked better in a lot of shots but it was hard to see without having them side by side.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 14:23 Tumbler

Haven't found any good comparison video's of the xbox one version and ps4 version on youtube. the only one I did find had the full screens of both smushed down so both fit on screen then the video was at 720p....how the fuck is that helpful!?

Each screen is 1080p, then you smoosh those down horizontally so you can see both in full in one 16x9 shot, then you upload that in 720p.

Someone must be making a good one...

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 12:54 Tumbler

That's hilarious.

1360x1080? Jeez, I assume the PS4 runs at 1920x1080?

Are we going to have another media blitz about how resolution doesn't matter and it all looks fine? (IE make sure you don't piss off MS!)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2014, 15:33 Tumbler

The fire phone is basically a Kindle phone right? Like it's all amazon all the time?

They should have just called it the Kindle Phone and charged $100 or $200 contract free, carrier free.

This move by them is just hilariously stupid considering the competition. The google Phone up to the nexus 5 was a better deal all around. If you're going to sign a deal with Att and pay $200 you can get a way better phone that runs off google stuff.

The free prime membership at least made me curious enough to look, but it took about two seconds to close the window and move on.

News Comments > WildStar Realm Transfers
5. Re: WildStar Realm Transfers Oct 29, 2014, 13:06 Tumbler

Heh, just went over the website to check for a F2P option. There isn't one. How this game launched without a F2P option is bizarre to me.

You'd think going to the website would have some offer of a free trial at least, a week or something. Nada. Pay us $60 to try the game! It's a fucking online game that won't work without a constant internet connection directly to them.

How does it make any sense not to offer at least a free trial!?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
4. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 12:58 Tumbler

edaciousx wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 12:43:
just release the game already....

Heh...heheheh.

I do worry that these guys will burn out fan patience with how much they are showing all the time. It hasn't happened yet for me, with each month that passes something improves enough that I'm excited to fire up the game again. New Hangars, new ship models, new gun mechanics, it's no small feat to keep this process entertaining over such a long period of time.

I'd love to see how much money is going into all these trade show visits because it seems like a really robust advertising budget for this game. (Money well spent in my opinion)

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 28, 2014, 20:15 Tumbler

Meh, I'd be cautiously optimistic about battlefront if they pulled the plug on hard-line...

Seems like a medal of Honor beta access deal is being planned. Buy this POS if you want to play battlefront!

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Linux & OS X Status
1. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Linux & OS X Status Oct 28, 2014, 15:48 Tumbler

All I want them to do is colorize the tech web. The techs all look the same and if they just made the icons in color it would be SO much easier to understand.

The xenomass pools for example, make that a green icon that looks like the pools of ooze! That weird dead insect thing with yellow legs, a major resource, make that hte same color on the icons!

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
29. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 23:34 Tumbler

It will be a lot of fun to see these games running on newer systems. I hope they hold up well.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Disney give the Star Wars license to the DCS folks so they could make these games with fully functional cockpits!

Flying around in an xwing or tie fighter in the DCS world would be fucking incredible.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 12:49 Tumbler

Has there been any major discussion re: GG recently? I know reddit still deletes comments and threads that use any mention of it. In a thread somehow related people kept saying the subject that can't be named or something like that.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that drama will come from Twitter so keeping the debate discussion there makes it easy to constantly make claims like it's just a smoke screen to harass women.

What's most interesting is that there are ppl losing jobs, sites losing money, and now we've got this unified response from several sources trying to remind us that it's really about harassment.

All this just makes it clear how shady and manipulative gaming media can be. I'm sick of all their crap. One podcast I listed to this week had someone complaining that this is starting to have real consequences, people are losing jobs, sites are losing money and it's things have to change. He was talking about all the harassment aimed at sites like Kotaku, destructiod and polygon to name a few.

I could only shake my head... The fuck are you complaining about? Consumers having standards?

Best advice I can give to gamers is font visit those sites. YouTube commentators like total biscuit and angry how give better analysis of games because they don't have to beg publishers for things just to stay afloat. It's all about money in the end and publishers live having these sites that cater to them at the expense of consumers.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 16:39 Tumbler

It's WH40k chess.

Pppfffff.....(*throws something*)

Can we drive a land raider across the chess board and run over every god damn thing? Give me the rights to make a game and I'll make a mod that lets you choose a tank and drive through someone else's chess game and gun down every stupid figure on the board then drive off. Chess boards as far as you can see, just go nuts in your tank.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 15:18 Tumbler

Hmm, I'm interested to see an RTS 40k game without Relic involved... Went back and tried playing Dawn of War 2 recently, I think when they patched up the older additions to use steam, god that game bugs me.

Ugh, that game is more work than it is fun. Take this control point, take that energy point, go back and retake the control point, take other contro...no go back and defend control point, ok upgrade energy, wait, protect, wait, upgrade, wait wait wait, ok build unit, wait wait wait, fucking let me just have some units and go blow shit up!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 17, 2014, 21:33 Tumbler

20GB to me sounds like this game was under a ton of pressure to make it's release and was behind schedule. I presume they took what they had "ready" and sent it off as gold then started packing up all the stuff that should have been in that build and making it something you could download.

I would assume the testing done was minimal and this game is going to have a lot of issues at launch...at least.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
17. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 14:06 Tumbler

If they announced this was free for premium bf4 players I think I'd give a little of my attention. As a stand alone game they want people to pay before they play I have zero interest. F2p option might work too, but no desire to spend money before playing the game or watching someone else play after launch.  

6112 Comments. 306 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo