Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6124 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:19 Tumbler

Bad idea, bad price, bad timing, who green lit this?

I just realized this also has a SP campaign? I think this was simply a MP mod, I liked it better that way. Not only did they have to reskin everything so it looked like cops vs robbers they also had to make a SP campaign? Ugh.

They should have made this a MP only game and reduced the cost of the project so they could sell the game at a lower price. At $60 it's a joke...not even a funny joke, it's just sad.

This should have simply been one of the dlc packs for BF4 that would come free with the premium pass.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
21. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 15:57 Tumbler

Meh, I've yet to run into issues with keys where I buy from. (Mostly GMG and Amazon) I know you can buy them off random people on ebay and third parties will sell them on amazon I think but seems like you're asking for trouble.

Fake concert tickets? That would suck. Cost of games pails in comparison. I have never understood why people pay so much for concerts. WTF. I'm not a big fan of crowded shit in general but it's like paying for the feeling you get sitting in bumper to bumper traffic with the radio on. WTF people.

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
17. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 14:19 Tumbler

I thought Arena Commander 1.0 is a public test for backers.
So now you can test the patches for the test?

Yeah, that is my first thought as well.

Saw the title and was like, "Awesome, they've got the larger world up and running and now we can....test the next Arena commander patch!? WTF!?"

This is an agonizingly long wait. They seem to be able to deliver content just in time to keep me interested but I would like them to deliver something that feels complete in arena commander very soon. Even if it's just two or three ships I think that would be better to have the full polished experience on those ships instead of the dozen different things we have now all in various stages of development.

It is what it is. Tim Schafer described game development as tons of little projects all coming together at the end and nothing ever feels done until suddenly it's all done. (or something like that) So this is how it's supposed to look I guess.

I just want to fly my ship around space and not feel like I'm in some battle arena. I want to land on space stations, mine asteroids, load and unload cargo and go launch my Merlin and scout around. That's in the next patch...RIGHT!?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
19. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2015, 10:14 Tumbler

That strafe video... The fuck? They melted a kids face!? (Indiana Jones style) I was impressed how they used the dialogue to cover the features. Whoever wrote the dialogue for that might be marketing genius.  

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
12. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 13:55 Tumbler

Woohoo! Never played Xwing Alliance, always heard it was great.

Going to pick up XvT based on how much I loved playing that way back when.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 16:31 Tumbler

Have seen almost nothing of this game since the Kickstarter campaign, going to let it be a complete surprise. Hopefully it's really good. If not oh well, I think I put $15 into this or something like that.  

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
7. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 14, 2015, 16:28 Tumbler

Let's just move past this...thing, and talk about Battlefront.  

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
76. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 9, 2015, 15:36 Tumbler

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:59:
They really need to just focus on making a game. Right now they have a pre-Alpha combat simulator with really shitty flight mechanics, buggy interfaces, and laughable control schemes. If you have a hotas setup, you need to set your rotary trims to dead center, or your ship will fly backwards. That was a fun one to figure out.

To anyone who's been watching the progress of the game your suggestion is laughable. They continue to rake in millions advertising and promoting the game at the same time they develop it so they should just keep doing what they are doing and laugh as they cross 100 million.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 29, 2014, 14:41 Tumbler

I'm curious to know if The Interview's projected box office take was higher or lower than that download total.

I rented it at home and watched it and couldn't make it through the movie before falling asleep. I tried to finish it 2 night later and ran out of time at the end of rental period. So I ordered it again!

It's a really stupid movie that has a lot of funny moments in it. At no point was I ever interested in going to a theater to sit down and watch it and I'm surprised they only charged $6 for the rental on streaming.

I would not have been surprised if this movie finished it's opening weekened in the single digit millions assuming all this drama had never happened and they'd released it as planned so I hope that releasing it for rental at home was successful for them.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 16:52 Tumbler

Meh, The interview is a movie I'd rather watch at home. It looks funny but I don't want to go to the theater to see it.

Dumb and Dumber to is another one I'll catch at home one day.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
80. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 14:22 Tumbler

Good on Valve.

I don't have any plans to buy this game but I feel like all the people throwing their hat into the ring on how awful this game is are going to help it be a bigger success than it ever would have been.

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
20. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 16:01 Tumbler

Something tells me this game is going to be fun to watch after release. Looking forward to all the Drama Ubi!

News Comments > Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs
9. Re: Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs Nov 22, 2014, 19:24 Tumbler

12 people doesn't seem like that big a deal. It would be if they were making something I want to spend money on... Sadly the last thing they had was the kick starter project.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2014, 13:24 Tumbler

That's interesting. Letting people try the crew before launch isn't what I expected. Maybe it's better than I'm expecting. I'll give it a shot.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
42. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 13:18 Tumbler

I expected this would be their policy. The game has been delivered to many who paid more all this time, would be hard to believe they'd offer a refund to people who'd been playing it up to now.

Will wait to see how people feel about the game once it's "released". I've been hesitant to jump in because of the elevated prices for beta and alpha so I look forward to being able to get in around $50.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 10, 2014, 09:44 Tumbler

This looks like a negotiating ploy.

This. It sounds like these services pay the same royalty no matter the music? Seems reasonable to argue for higher rates while the music is new if nothing else. How do radio stations pay for use of new songs like this? I would assume they pay for a certain amount of plays per hour? (day?) It's hard to say how many people are hearing it but I'd expect they see higher earnings than $1 for every 11,111 listeners.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 13:44 Tumbler

I think I'd heard it's just one spot in the Campaign as well. Seems like some serious cherry picking if all they are talking about is one little section of the campaign goes below 60fps.

Maybe it's a constant problem, but I believe this all started from someone mentioning that hte PS4 version dropped below 60fps on a section of Seoul when you were throwing special grenades. On the xbox they just dropped the res to make sure it held 60fps.

I assume in MP it's just 60fps at 1080p the whole time? Seems like a silly thing to be reporting on if that is all there is.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 4, 2014, 13:40 Tumbler

A recent movie comes to mind, Rampage. I've not heard anyone say that inspired mass shootings. I don't know why this game is any different. I'm interested to see what a reviewer has to say about it. I hope it's more than just grotesque killing, I'd heard that all that stuff is optional. It seems like a more extreme version of postal.  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 16:49 Tumbler

Found one! (And it's barely noticeable)

Xbox One vs PS4 Advanced Warfare

I have a real hard time seeing the difference, I think I see it in some shots but the lighting is slightly darker on the Xbox One version capture so it could just be my imagination.

There are a few shots taht seem slightly better on the ps4 but nothing that jumps out. Without these side by side video's I doubt anyone will notice.

I did notice some differences with lighting though, in one shot the xbox light would change on the gun so it was illuminated one second then it'd go black or very dark then back. Like it wasn't able to change the intensity of the lighting on the side of the gun but it could turn it on and off. On the PS4 the lighting on the side was just slowly changing the whole time like you'd expect from a fire. (a burning crate was the light source) That might be more of a bug than an actual graphical choice though.

I would say the ps4 looked better in a lot of shots but it was hard to see without having them side by side.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 14:23 Tumbler

Haven't found any good comparison video's of the xbox one version and ps4 version on youtube. the only one I did find had the full screens of both smushed down so both fit on screen then the video was at 720p....how the fuck is that helpful!?

Each screen is 1080p, then you smoosh those down horizontally so you can see both in full in one 16x9 shot, then you upload that in 720p.

Someone must be making a good one...

6124 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo