Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for whatever

Real Name whatever   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2003, 00:32
Total Comments 96 (Suspect)
User ID 18273

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo Status Report
46. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2003, 09:20 whatever

If you recall ID Software released test version of Quake.

I don't see the appeal of Halo. I mean just from the looks of it the physics and graphics look horrible, and weapons are weak compared to Quake 3. In fact, why would I play this game vs. Quake 3 DM/CTF? There's no way it's going to be as intense.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 09:21.

--
"So what does Quake 3 give you? It's quite simple: the utter refinement of deathmatch, and the ultimate multiplayer shooter experience - nothing more, nothing less. " -- Dennis "Thresh" Fong
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Delta Force Expansion Taps Ritual
17. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2003, 09:16 whatever

No Linux servers = forget it.

--
"So what does Quake 3 give you? It's quite simple: the utter refinement of deathmatch, and the ultimate multiplayer shooter experience - nothing more, nothing less. " -- Dennis "Thresh" Fong

News Comments > New BF1942 Eve of Destruction
27. Re: downloading now Sep 13, 2003, 09:14 whatever

Can someone please explain the appeal of games like BF:1942? It seems to take 30 minutes of gameplay and about 10 weapons to come even close to the excitement of 2 minutes of gameplay in Quake 3 DM/CTF.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 09:14.

--

News Comments > C&C Generals: Zero Hour Gold
15. Re: Zero Hour. Sep 13, 2003, 08:25 whatever

I notice that instead of patching existing games, or giving full support or anti-cheat support to any game, they will just make an expansion. It wouldn't surprise me if Zero Hour was just a bunch of stuff they were going to put in the original release, cut out, and instead of fully patching the game to play right, put together this expansion to make more money.

I bought C&C Generals and the support is absolutely horrible, rather non-existant. I refuse to buy another EA Games product if they continue this greedy "make an expansion instead of fixing or supporting current games" policy. I wouldn't be surprised if Zero Hour has a lot of bugs and eventual cheat problems. Then, EA Games will make a Generals 2 claiming to fix all those issues. It goes on and on and on.

They've done the samething with MOH:AA and BF:1942 - same exact pattern, expansion or new game vs. support, patch, and anti-cheat for current game.

--

News Comments > Halo Status Report
11. Re: Still good. Sep 12, 2003, 12:10 whatever

I think the reason the game was so hyped for the Xbox, is because it's the only Xbox game that doesn't totally suck.

--

News Comments > NVIDIA & Half-Life 2
124. Re: Too much ... Sep 12, 2003, 11:32 whatever

No. I didn't write the game. And it does look a lot better than HL (1). Maybe you should try the game on a PC at home. You might just be surprised in how fun and challenging it is, in fact, I'll bet you won't make it to level 20 very easily. It's way more intense than any FPS I've played.

I think your response kind of reveals the pathetic state the gaming community is in right now. You can't possibly imagine an independent game comparing to a mainstream one - because you're so absorbed by all the hype and promotion.

What's even more sad is you won't even probably give an independent game like Mutant Storm a chance, because you're so convinced that if it isn't from a big mainstream publisher, it's not worth your time.

Sad ...

Since you probably won't even try it, here's a review that covers it pretty well:

http://www.zengamer.com/review.php?revid=79
This comment was edited on Sep 12, 11:45.

--

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. RIP John Ritter Sep 12, 2003, 11:27 whatever

Oops wrong place ..

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 11:29.

--

News Comments > NVIDIA & Half-Life 2
117. Too much ... Sep 12, 2003, 06:31 whatever

There's far too much of a trend to have these graphic/sound wars and for people to not realize that the majority of these game companies are selling their souls to MS, ATI, Nvidia, and other such companies to pat each other on the back for promotions of products.

What happened to gameplay?

I'll give you a small example of where gameplay and graphics don't have to cost $500 upgrades to see and play.

Check out Mutant Storm:

http://www.pompom.org.uk

I dare you all to play this game and tell me it's not fun.

That's right FUN. Does it require a high-end system? No. Why is that? Because it's completely artistic. It's an absolutely beautiful game and the focus is on amazing visuals and gameplay, but it's all about the spirit and creativity of the developer. What happened to those aspects of game development?

When are gamers going to take a stand and force developers and publishers to make games fun again? Aren't you tired of spending $$ every year just to play an enhanced version of last year's games?

Indie developers are the future of gameplay. All this mainstream stuff just promotes you to keep up with the Jones'es (ATI vs. Nvidia - CPU benchmarks, hardware stats, etc. etc. etc.), instead of playing games for fun.

Don't you all realize what's happening? Mainstream games are becoming less fun and much more about commercialization to make you spend more money on hardware, operating systems, software, and other things that have nothing to do with gameplay. Think about it. Play a game like Mutant Storm, and tell me if you don't think it's as beautiful as any recent mainstream game. This isn't to promote Mutant Storm, but to give you an example that mainstream games are all about profit and corporate partnerships to exploit, you, the gamer.

--

News Comments > On Half-Life 2 Performance
36. Hrm .. Sep 11, 2003, 09:53 whatever

Well, the only reason HL turned out as well as it did is because it used the Quake 1 (.5) engine.

Since they are developing their own engine, it'll be an entirely new game, new netcode, etc., and probably not be as refined or perform as well as well as HL did - thanks to the genius of Carmack and ID Software.

That's important part of HL people don't think about or realize. When you are enjoying HL you are actually playing a Quake engine game! You are enjoying the benefit of an ID Software engine.

All we have seen of HL2 are videos and screenshots, we have not played the game - and the multiplayer might turn out to be horrible.

I find it funny people say the game is so scaleable, yet they dwell on the fact it runs faster on the latest ATI vs. Nvidia card - and they are so glad they upgraded. And those who are dissapointed are considering upgrading. Hrm, I doubt anyone will play this game down to the lowest detail settings with low end hardware - it just won't happen.

Something just tells me since they are developing their own engine, it won't turn out nearly as well as HL did because HL was actually a product of ID Software goodness. We'll see.

Anyhow, my last comment, no really...

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 09:55.

--

30. Oh I have just one more thing to say Sep 11, 2003, 09:03 whatever

Carmack > Gabe Newell

.. besides that HL 2 won't be nearly as popular as HL.

The only reason people even play HL so much is due to the low system requirements. HL 2 won't reach nearly as many people, and I'll bet more people will play HL vs. HL2.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 09:06.

--

29. Direct X 9.0 .. are they nuts? Sep 11, 2003, 08:55 whatever

Direct X 9!?!?!?

Aren't they going to have Open GL?

So much for Linux and Mac ports.

Also, Direct X 9.0 is terribly buggy.

OpenGL > Direct X

I can't believe they even touch Direct X. Yuck!

--

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Savage
21. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2003, 00:29 whatever

Put in PunkBuster and I'll buy it. =)

--

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Savage
19. Re: With the right group of people, Sep 9, 2003, 23:37 whatever

Sounds HL mod Natural Selection.

--

News Comments > AMD Quake III DLLs
37. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2003, 21:42 whatever

Most people have ignorantly argued CPUs when the real argument is chipsets.

Here are the facts:

NVIDIA motherboard chipset = Good
Intel motherboard chipset = Good
VIA motherboard chipset = POS / Bad

I hope this clears things up. You're welcome.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 21:47.

--

News Comments > AMD Quake III DLLs
4. Re: Interesting Sep 9, 2003, 04:17 whatever

Will PunkBuster or Pure Servers freak on this?

--

News Comments > Jedi Academy Demo
107. Re: SWG Sep 6, 2003, 20:59 whatever

Halo, haha.

I did that. I even started luring the enemies to the ledge - had them follow me and force pushed them off. =)

--

39. Re: /puzzle Sep 6, 2003, 05:33 whatever

I'm talking about half-life MULTIPLAYER. Not single player.

--

34. Re: /puzzle Sep 6, 2003, 04:41 whatever

Why do people assume HL2 will be so great?

We should all know well by now that videos of a game can look fantastic, yet the gameplay can be downright terrible.

The only thing that makes the original HL so popular are all the mods, and the extremely low system requirements. None of that will exist with HL2 upon first release.

Think about it ...

--

24. Re: Mini-Review Sep 6, 2003, 01:54 whatever

The new moves are okay but I think they may overcomplicate MP. Too many things to do kind of take away from the fun and simplicity of say Q3 MP. I dunno, time will tell, but I'll bet anything most people will find the new combos more frustrating than fun.

--

News Comments > MoH AA Breakthrough Gold
77. Re: satans doo doo Sep 6, 2003, 00:34 whatever

Killer Kane said exactly how I feel, believe, and think, and yet much more clearly.

--

96 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo