Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ButterBoned

Real Name ButterBoned   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ButterBoned
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description yeah yeah I do stuff.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 29, 2003, 15:05
Total Comments 1 (Suspect)
User ID 18231

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Today - No Exclusive
123. Yahoo for the Blue Aug 29, 2003, 11:16  ButterBoned 

Congratulations Blue and the other allied demo hosters!
What a coupe.

Honestly I couldn't care any less about yet another half assed WWII shooter! I have no interest what so ever in seeing this Demo or buying the final game.

I think what these websites have done for the industry is a good thing though, and frankly, am knocked on my ass at just how fast Activision responded!
So surprised. But looking at the list of allied websites, they make up 70% of demo downloads no matter how big FilePlanet is.

Screw this lame ass "me too" saving private ryan drivel, but YAHOO for Blues news and the other websites that took a definate stand. FilePlanet is not wrong for charging people to download demo's at high speed.

However the PUBLISHERS ARE WRONG, for setting up any Demo as an EXCLUSIVE for any one website, especially a website that is charging people to download exclusive materials.
That starts setting a precedant that it is OK to charge for demos and eventually would lead to each publishing house creating a "super fan" account system where gamers have to pay a yearly rate for EACH publisher to download demos for games they will have to pay ful price for anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo