Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2330 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Live Trailer
6. Re: boy howdy Jul 21, 2008, 19:41 Bucky

Hm, seems I have a plugin problem with Firefox 3. I can hear it, but I can't see it.

Edit: Sweetness. I've really missed the good 'ole Quake deathmatch. The Unreals never did it for me, and Quake 4....well, it was a decent single player game.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:48.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath SecuROM Fix
11. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2008, 16:10 Bucky

This is the reason why almost every game I've picked up in the last year has been either through Steam or Impulse (formerly SDC). Online authentication probably works better at preventing piracy, and you don't have to worry about shit like SecuROM.

Granted, there are valid concerns with that method, such as tracking and offline boxes but neither are problems for me.

As much as I want to pick up Kane's Wrath for the single player story, I'll continue to pass on it. It's sad too, since I credit the original C&C with getting me into PC gaming.

"-funpark"

News Comments > MMO KOTOR Confirmed?
8. Re: Watch out WoW Jul 17, 2008, 16:56 Bucky

And here I was thinking Jedi were a rare occurrence....  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. OCZ Keyboard Jul 10, 2008, 21:34 Bucky

Thanks, but I'll keep my old G15. What I really want is a good gaming mouse; I love my G9 in all ways but one: the shape. Interchangeable grips was a great selling point at launch, unfortunately Logitech appears to have given up on the idea.

I'm but a step away from buying a G5 (stupid me, I gave my old one away when I bought the G9). I'm really going to miss the G9 scroll wheel though.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 21:37.

News Comments > Introversion's Chronometer Ticking
2. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2008, 16:03 Bucky

Dear Introversion,

If you make it, I will buy it.

Darwinia and Defcon were both great games. Not games I played a lot, but great games. Even better, they had that 'new' feeling that games have lacked for awhile now. Just....gimme.

You could have just said nothing at all, that probably would have been kinder.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II: Endless Universe Announced
5. Re: Same here Shok Jul 7, 2008, 20:45 Bucky

Yeah, looks like Endless Universe is just Dark Avatar and Twilight of the Arnor with the original GCII stripped out. In all honesty, the game that's resulted from the two expansion packs is far superior to the original GCII--which is no small feat.

In other words, they give you all the necessary stuff to play the fully amped-up GCII.

It does look like they're gonna add a bit more campaign, but I have little doubt this will be provided free for owners of GCII+DA+TA. I highly recommend just buying the ultimate edition, waiting until August for this game (if you've never played it) isn't worth the wait.

News Comments > Ignition's Unreal-engine FPS
9. Re: ... Jul 7, 2008, 18:15 Bucky

Well, it's about time we had a ground-breaking first-person shooter. I haven't seen anything as innovative as the original Half-Life

QFT.

Half-Life was huge. I still enjoy playing through it, even if the graphics are very dated. IMO, the only studio out there that's gonna top HL is Valve. I'm convinced they're already working on something new and well into it, though I have no way to support it.

News Comments > TF2 Heavy Plans
26. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2008, 18:39 Bucky

Depleted Uranium (Heavy) rounds. Activate via alt-fire. Slows rate of fire, tightens firing cone, and as these are radioactive, depletes health for each round fired. Cannot be used while being healed/buffed/ubered (edit: make it break any heal or buff connection so that the Heavy can activate it at will) and creates a 10 or 15 second debuff where the lost health cannot be replenished.

*shrug* Just a thought.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 18:42.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
1. No subject Jul 1, 2008, 20:57 Bucky

Fixed backburner's flame critical hits not being recalculated after collision. This meant that it would check if the target was looking away once and after that the flame could score a critical hit again even if the orientation changed

Added back some damage falloff to the Pyro's flamethrower. Not nearly as extreme as it was before the Pyro class pack

*claps*

I still think the +50hp on the backburner should be reduced to +25, but that's just my opinion. My most played class is still Soldier, so I love to see Pyros with the backburner (no knockback blast). I'm also glad to see some damage falloff now too.

News Comments > The Political Machine Return Policy
21. Re: ... Jul 1, 2008, 19:19 Bucky

I scanned to the end of your post just to see if I'd find another little gem, and sure enough:

Ah well, I better let you get back to molesting little boys.

While you may have legitimate points, statements like that make everything you say worthless. If you'd like to have a relevant discussion (or debate, semantics really) at least try to sound intelligent and civilized. Until then take your sig and place your own name in the appropriate places.

News Comments > The Political Machine Return Policy
19. Re: WOW Impressive! Jul 1, 2008, 18:31 Bucky

Possibly because most games nowadays can be finished over a weekend or two?

Which is another great thing about Stardock, their games tend to offer a huge amount of replayability. To prove the point, there are many GCII gamers out there that have never touched the campaign mode.

In the case of Stardock goodwill, they've built up a ton with me. In fact, I'm going to go preorder the CE 'poop in a box' right now.

News Comments > Age of Conan Still Popular
6. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2008, 20:20 Bucky

Had an account, did early access, played for 75ish hours and burnt out on it. It really did just feel like 'more of the same'. My account was cancelled 3 weeks in.

Mind you, it's not a bad game and there are some interesting elements, but I just don't think it has any staying power. Then again, MMOs have never really been my thing.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 FAQ - Beta Delayed
16. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2008, 12:35 Bucky

Saying that you "don't have to group" in this game is pretty much an outright lie.

Agreed. Lets see someone get through Thunderhead Keep with only henchies.

News Comments > Crytek: PC Sales to Piracy Ratio 1:15 or 1:20
13. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2008, 18:10 Bucky

When you release a shitty product that no one wants, don't blame yourselves. Instead, drop support for it and lay the blame for poor sales on something that can be neither proved nor refuted.

For the record, I also call BS on his stats. I can also proudly say that I've never played any Crytek game, the reviews and word of mouth were always enough to keep me away.

News Comments > Valve: PC Gaming is the Future
3. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2008, 17:52 Bucky

PC gaming was a niche market when I started, and if it goes that way again, so be it. I haven't seen much of an increase in truly good games over the years, only an increase in the number of available games--thereby reducing the percentage of good games.

So long as games like GCII and Portal continue to be delivered to the PC, I'll remain a dedicated PC gamer. If developers start building OS independent games (read: let me play it on Linux) you'll have to pry my PC away from me.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: AMD bests Nvidia Jun 27, 2008, 17:10 Bucky

My last ATI card was a 9800 Pro 256; I loved that card. I've had no card before or since that's held up so well, for so long, and with so few problems.

I may dump my 8800GT just to help support ATI again, especially since their drivers are open source and the card even ships with Linux drivers (are the rest of you hardware guys listening?! Give your customer options!)

News Comments > Into the Black
1. No subject Jun 23, 2008, 21:23 Bucky

That Rube Goldberg machine is really impressive.

Damn, now I have to fight the urge to buy Crazy Machines 2 off of Steam.

Edit: Ok, now I'm not sure which is more impressive--the Egg crusher or the insane amount of planning that went into the Peggle shot.

On second thought, the Egg Crusher still wins.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 21:40.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2008, 16:57 Bucky

You clicked 227 times in 30 seconds.
Your caffeine level for today is:

Near Death - Delusions of Godlike power

Only using one finger? In other words, not cheating? 'cause if so, you really need to get into rehab.

News Comments > On Impulse & User Content
5. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2008, 13:04 Bucky

It's not like Stardock is going out, buying up mods, and then selling them--my guess is that would still be up to mod authors. Personally I think it would provide a great deal of incentive for more indie teams; you're not forced to buy anything that's put up through Impulse. Let anything up there succeed, or fail, on its own merits.

Then again, it's all academic at this point since there's really no info to go on except that little bit in the EULA.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 16:00 Bucky

Wardell has made Stardock into a highly respected company, so much so that just about anything they put out I'll buy, whether I'm interested in it or not--without a single regret.  

2330 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo