Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2329 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > X-COM Series on Steam
58. Re: Should Have Know Sep 4, 2008, 23:28 Bucky

I'm one of those gaming-deprived people that has never played an X-COM game. I might just pick up the collection, but I'm gonna do a bit more digging to be sure they all run on Vista 64 before I bite the bullet.

Or someone could just gift it to me out of pity.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spore Space Phase Movie; Mac Requirements
8. Re: Spore has major problems Sep 4, 2008, 00:03 Bucky

What constitutes a "different computer"? If I reload the OS, is it a different computer? If I upgrade the motherboard, is it a different computer?

Agreed. I just did a reinstall of Vista, and there goes another activation. Granted most people don't reinstall that often, but some of us don't pay close enough attention when we go mucking around with a Linux live CD. *grumbles about wiping sda instead of sdb...*

And then there's the hardware changes. I tend to do a full system every 2-3 years, with incremental upgrades along the way. My current system has had one video card change, one sound card addition, and two HDDs changed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2008, 17:22 Bucky

Ok, I've got a question for you guys. I just realized I have two gaming tokens that I'd forgotten about with Totalgaming.net. Right now I can grab Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor for two tokens (which works out to about $14). Is it worth it? I remember people saying that the $10 preorder for Tank Universal that included one of the Shadowgrounds was a good deal.

Here's the list: http://totalgaming.stardock.com/store/

There isn't much else on the list that looks interesting for two tokens or less, and I already own Gish. The way I figure it, it's a free game since I had completely forgotten about those tokens after I used up most of them for Sins of a Solar Empire.

Edit: Just noticed Steam has the Survivor Demo. Pulling that in now to try it out.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 17:29.

11. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2008, 17:32 Bucky

A couple of my Jeep woes continue - apparently they think the window motor isn't covered under warranty - and wanted 350.00 to "fix" it.

Pfft, that's nothing. Own a Volkswagen where repairs are measured in thousands. Fortunately I got smart and traded that POS in a few weeks back (after only owning it 10 months) and picked up a new '08 Honda Civic SI. I've gotta say, for a little 2.0L that's naturally aspirated it moves pretty good.

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights
13. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2008, 11:37 Bucky

*hugs Stardock*

Then again, they already do most of these things and have plans to implement the rest. If nothing else, it'll hopefully get a bit more notice and maybe wake up a few other publishers out there.

That reminds me, I need to fire up Impulse and check out the update.

News Comments > TF2: Meet the Sandvich
15. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2008, 23:39 Bucky

Valve's videos are quickly becoming a hit unto themselves.

Already there. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I'd pay good money to see something similar, just with more length. Say, 30 minutes.

Coughing up the shottie for a four second 'kill me' period? No thanks. As with the other unlockables, they don't mess with game balance*, they just add a twist.

*Except for the backburner, until they finally pulled the health bonus.

22. Re: Network Aug 19, 2008, 23:30 Bucky

Dont you buy an 8 series graphics card now. Get an ATI 4850/4870.

QFT. Minus the anger.

News Comments > New TF2 Art Style
7. Re: ... Aug 19, 2008, 23:23 Bucky

since crafting every asset from scratch would mean we'd be moving the release beyond Valve time and into the realm of geologic time.

heh. gotta love it when a company will take a shot at itself.

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Announced
2. Re: Now Aug 19, 2008, 13:11 Bucky

The thought of Zero-G FPS is enough to make me very, very interested. I've always been a fan of the extra freedom of movement, be it with jet-packs or low grav maps.

Now lets seem them stop talking about how pretty it'll be and start talking about the gameplay.

7. Re: Time to upgrade my system... Aug 19, 2008, 12:06 Bucky

My current system runs most games at high very well (C2D E6600 @3.0GHz, 8800GT, 4 GB RAM, Asus Xonar DX, Vista 64). With that said, this system is starting to show a bit of age; I was one of the early Conroe adopters (had to buy OEM since they weren't available in retail).

I'm fairly sure Intel's next CPU architecture (Nehalem, iirc) will use a new socket as I believe they significantly upped the pin count. Unfortunately the rumor mill is putting early high-end Nehalem parts at a late '08 release, with mainstream desktop stuff mid to late '09.

I was planning on a '09 tax return new system, but there isn't much slated that my system can't handle (and even less that I want). I may end up just putting the money aside and milking my system into Fall of '09.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Football! Aug 7, 2008, 23:53 Bucky

Ok, I could swear there was a UT3 story about the additional PhysX maps. Hell, I'm pretty sure I even posted in it...but where'd it go?

As for football....*SIGH*. Being a long time Patriots fan I still can't even work up the nerve to watch Sportscenter when they start talking about preseason.

News Comments >
6. Re: ... Aug 7, 2008, 23:33 Bucky

I like, and still play, UT3. Yes, the UI blows. Big deal. I play UT3 for the same reason I always kept UT2004 installed, it's great for some quick games against bots. I even feel the gameplay is pretty solid and like the changes they made, unfortunately old school deathmatch doesn't have a very large audience.  

News Comments > EA Giving up "Crappy" Licensed Games
10. Re: Next Aug 5, 2008, 23:46 Bucky

Give up the DRM, poor post-release support, buggy games, and mediocrity you're known for, and I might give a shit.

When pigs fly in formation.

14. Re: dates & comments under the title Jul 30, 2008, 18:44 Bucky

+1 To dates and comments to the side.

On several completely unrelated notes:

They finally pulled the health bonus for the Pyro's Backburner in TF2. Woo!

Logitech's mice: G5>G9. Trust me.

@nin
You still got pix's email? I think I broke my board login when I updated the email address.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Beta Patch
2. Re: nice Jul 24, 2008, 16:31 Bucky

Weighs in at 216.74 MB. I'm pulling it down now, haven't played Sins in awhile, it'll be nice to fire it up again.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Buddy Keys
4. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 22:06 Bucky

I was just there! *grumbles*

Edit: For clarification, I believe the download fee is to recoup lost time pulling in the client, as it weighs in at 40+ GB. You probably can't start downloading until you get the key, at which point the timer starts. A bit understandable; that much bandwidth can't be cheap.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 22:07.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 21:50 Bucky

Anything the BSG guys do has to be listed twice. It's a rule--even if I just made it.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Buddy Keys
2. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 21:42 Bucky

Bah! I made an impulse buy CE pre-order, so I've got 5 4 of these things. I canceled my account 3 weeks in, so I don't know if I still have access to the buddy keys. I'll hand 'em out if anyone still wants 'em (and if I can get 'em) but I wouldn't recommend it. What you'll see in 7 days is a poor example of the game as a whole, you probably won't even make it out of Tortage.

Edit: Looks like I've got access. This is from the buddy key page though:

This buddy program lets you invite friends to join you in Hyboria for free for seven days. Simple select what server you play on, your Nickname and then write a personal message if you so desire. When done, enter the e-mail address of your buddy and then click "Buddy Invite".

We recommend that you lend your install DVDs to your buddy to get him or her ready to play as fast as possible. Alternatively your buddy will be offered a $2,99/2,99 client download with 3 additional days of playtime to cover the download time.

From this page you will be able to see the buddies you have invited.

I wonder if the $2.99 fee is optional, or required if you don't have access to the discs. *shrug*. I've gotta fire off one key, s'pose I'll find out.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 21:45.

News Comments > DirectX 11 Announced, Compatible with DirectX 10 Hardware
3. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2008, 16:51 Bucky

DX11 works on DX10 hardware, but DX10.1 doesn't. As much as I hate to use it......wtf?  

News Comments > Quake Live Trailer
6. Re: boy howdy Jul 21, 2008, 19:41 Bucky

Hm, seems I have a plugin problem with Firefox 3. I can hear it, but I can't see it.

Edit: Sweetness. I've really missed the good 'ole Quake deathmatch. The Unreals never did it for me, and Quake 4....well, it was a decent single player game.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:48.

2329 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo